[SFS_Aerondor] 05-99 Battle for the Bulwark Gameday XII (tier 3-4) (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

Map
RPG Chronicles - sign up details here please.
Event listing
Rituals for planes of air, earth, fire and water...
chronciles


51 to 100 of 494 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

Perception 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Perception 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

"Oh, no, what do I do? What do I do?"

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Option-8 assists with computers. "The components should be connected as such so they may all communicate efficiently and not run into any type of errors..."

Computers: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

"Here, Dhomer. Hold these tools and hand them to me when I ask." Twila-5 lets Dhomer hold her engineering kit as she gets to work. He seems an on-and-off kind of guy, and she'd rather he get his off-moments out of the way when no harm is imminent than otherwise.

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

With the equipment quickly set up, it is time to start to calibrate it!

Initial readings are not too hard to do for calibration purposes, but filtering out ambient natural and extraplanar emissions is harder work..

Most easily done with mysticism, physical science or suitable profession. You could hard-mode it with computers or engineering.

And the dust storm starts to move....

Round 3 : Obstacle 4(Calibrate equipment) (1 success) bold to post
Dhomer
Option-8
Twila-5
Dirk
Jekcedo
Ears

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

Profession (Safety Technician): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Dhomer thinks back to his training. "Now, Remember this, Klimpson, because it could one day safe your life..."

"I'll remember" he remembers scoffing. But now, all he can remember is the toy he was fidgeting with at the time.

One lower if you think my profession doesn't fit, as I'll attempt a mysticism check instead

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

Picking up on the shifting ions of the oncoming storm, Twila-5 shifts modes of operation. Hmm. If I route more power through here, it'll increase the sensitivity. But which system to sacrifice?

Profession (Electrician): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek walks over to the equipment and places one hand on it, then closes their eyes and concentrates. As Jek's antenna starts to make random movements, Jek starts to adjust the dials on the equipment.

"This is odd the extraplanar emissions feel normal but the local ambient emissions are unlike anything I've ever sensed before. Better add that to the list of what could go wrong."

Mysticism: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Option-8 tries to calibrate the equipment.

Physical Science: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Soldier 1/Solarian 3 | SP 32 | HP 28 | RP 3 | EAC 15 KAC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init +0; Perception +7 | Speed 25 | Active effects: none Soldier 1/Solarian 3

Dirk tries to adjust it.

"Come on work!"

Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Ears also addresses the equipments' Calibration. He tries to isolate undesirable interference by weaving an aluminum foil cage.

Physical Science: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Dhomer and Twila-5 finish the calibration. However with that dust storm starting the bear down on the site, it is going to need some hardening...

Jekcedo and Dirk get started on that.

Engineering, Mysticism or Physical science check. Harder options include athletics or survival to move rocks around it to protect it.

Round 4 : Obstacle 5(Harden equipment) (2 successes so far) bold to post
Dhomer
Option-8
Twila-5
Dirk
Jekcedo
Ears

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Option-8 gets to work trying to harden the equipment against the coming dust storm.

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Option-8 finishes the hardenening process and the team dashes back to the ATV. As you try to get back to the shuttle the storm starts to push you around.. Getting back safely may not be as easy as getting out!

One person only to do a pilot check. Others can assist with computers, perception or survival to help plot a course.

Round 4 : Obstacle 6(Return to the shuttle) bold to post
Dhomer
Twila-5
Dirk
Jekcedo
Ears

Option-8

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

"Oooh, look over there!" Dhomer says, pointing out a course.

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

"Watch out it's a, I don't know what that is, never seen anything like it." Jek points to a cloud formation, but by the time anyone looks whatever Jek saw is gone.

Perception aid pilot: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

"Got it!" Twila-5 makes a beeline for the path Dhomer showed her.

Piloting: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Oh no!

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Dhomer spots the right direction and the team hurries toward the shuttle. Twila-5 has to fight the controls in the growing storm. In the end Jekcedo hurries over to help lends some extra assistance and the ATV narrowly avoids toppling over...

Two successes, one more required. Computers, perception or survival to help plot a course.

Round 4 : Obstacle 6(Return to the shuttle, 2 successes so far) bold to post
Dirk
Ears

Option-8
Dhomer
Twila-5
Jekcedo

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Ears pulls up a topographical map on his comm unit. "The terrain's too steep if we drift north. Try to keep slightly to the south where the land is flatter. We'l make better time."

Computers, aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 So glad I didn't blow it.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Soldier 1/Solarian 3 | SP 32 | HP 28 | RP 3 | EAC 15 KAC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init +0; Perception +7 | Speed 25 | Active effects: none Soldier 1/Solarian 3

Dirk tries to grab a rock.

athletics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"Where should I put this?" he cries holding it with one arm.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

"Just hang onto it, kid."

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Changing Drik's roll to a perception, which is the valid skill for last obstacle

Dirk spots a familiar rock pillar and the group quickly drive back to the shuttle. Loading the ATV is a slight challenge, but you are ahead of the storm and manage it without difficulty.

Though by the time you have it loaded, the storm is fully upon you. Caught in the storm you try to fly your way back to the fleet.

Again, one leading on the pilot check, others can assist with acrobatics, athletics, engineering or perception checks to help brace themselves and tidy away loose objects, as it is going to be a rough flight. Alternatively you could use computers, mysticism, physical science or piloting to help plot a course of of the storm.

Caught in the storm!
Dirk
Ears
Option-8
Dhomer
Twila-5
Jekcedo

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

"Time for some proactive damage control before this storm tares the ship apart." Jek grabs his trusty wrench and runs around the ship making sure everything is tight and in place. Jek stops once in a while to fix something thrown out of place by the storm.

Profession maintenance worker with tool kit: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22

Even though the pilot is too far away to hear, occasionally Jek can be heard yelling "Keep the ship steady I'm trying to work."

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Jekcedo quickly stows tools in their secure housings.

Caught in the storm! 1 success, bold to post
Dirk
Ears
Option-8
Dhomer
Twila-5

Jekcedo

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

Okay. I've trained for this. Twila-5 deliberately does *not* think about how she's also trained to shoot her pistols, but her ability to hit her target is fickle at best. She grabs the controls and blasts upward, taking an aggressive path back to the command ship.

Piloting: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Twila-5 guides the shuttle through the increasingly severe storm gusts with aplomb.

One more successful check needed...

Caught in the storm! 1 success, bold to post
Dirk
Ears
Option-8
Dhomer

Twila-5
Jekcedo

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Option-8 tries to boost power to the thrusters to get them clear of the storm.

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

Dhomer tries to steal himself out of the way.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

With a scrape and a bang the shuttle makes it back to the main Starfinder base.

Ixthia reports that preliminary data suggests the source of the darkness shroud lies underground.

As you disembark, you notice a supply cabinet that must have been knocked open in the storm. Inside it, and really, just waiting for someone to claim them, is a set of jump jets, a brown force field and a mk1 ring of resistance.

Divvy those up as you see fit, and pick another mission. First to two votes.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

I don't have an available upgrade slot and already wear a mk 1 ring of resistance. Someone else can use them.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

I don't have an upgrade slot, and willing to let one of the lower level characters have the ring. 1 vote for subterranean tunnels

"With all the bad weather maybe it might be safer if we explore the subterranean tunnels."

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

I've got an upgrade slot, but I don't have 2 upgrade slots, so I could use the Jump Jets but not the force field

"Oooh, ooh, let's go to the arsenal."

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

I'll second subterranean tunnels.
I only have one upgrade slot available. I personally prefer melee or combat types get nice things so Jump jets are yours as far as I'm concerned Dhomer. That leaves the ring. Dirk?

"It doesn't really matter. It's all gotta get done."

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Twila-5, not sure if you are using it but androids get a free upgrade slot which can be used as a light armor upgrade. So you could use the Jump Jets but Dhomer may benefit better. Option-8 already has a set.

"My optics are designed to see in total darkness so the subterranean tunnels are acceptable."

Dirk would be good for the Ring if there are any encounters for Reflex saves.

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Tunnels it is.

Summoned to Radaszam's office, you are quickly briefed on the mission.

Based upon preliminary observations, we believe that a network of subterranean tunnels lies unexplored beneath much of Mazdrun’s surface. Ancient lava tubes by all indications, save that the tunnel network is so extensive. Our analysis of the tunnels is hindered by the fact that most are packed with radioactive ice, suggesting that the planet not only experienced intense volcanic activity and widescale deluges in its past, but likely some additional catastrophes as well.

Whatever bad luck the planet endured in the past may be our good fortune in the present. We believe these ancient lava tubes could provide an alternative means of entering Sangoro’s Bulwark from below, so they’re worth exploring.

Even if an underground opening to the Bulwark can’t be found, the surrounding tunnels may house ruins or artifacts left behind by the mysterious beings that built Sangoro’s Bulwark— the researchers once stationed here called them the “Founders,” but all that tells us is that the researchers didn’t know much of anything. Should you find any routes of interest, explore them as thoroughly as you can, but don’t enter the Bulwark alone. Record your findings for future follow up.

We’ve identified a cave connected to the tunnel system near the crater where your team can get started. Its coordinates have been sent to your comms. Good luck, Starfinders.

Your shuttle is refueled and a shirren pilot offers you a lift down to the cave entrances. "<<Good luck!>>" he thinks at each of you.

Anything you want to do before disembarking?

New map for when you enter the caves. Two of you are still missing icons..

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none
Option-8 wrote:

Twila-5, not sure if you are using it but androids get a free upgrade slot which can be used as a light armor upgrade. So you could use the Jump Jets but Dhomer may benefit better. Option-8 already has a set.

D'oh! Totally forgot about that.

Twila-5 installs the Jump Jets and nods an affirmative. "Let's go."

-----
Once in the caves, Twila-5 asks: "Which direction? I vote straight ahead."

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

I'll take the mk 1 ring of resistance if no one else is.

"I'm fine with going straight. Do we have any other healers in the team? Altho I have a history of charging in and healing later, probably not a good idea for me to lead the team if I'm the only hearer we have. We should get a marching order made before we get too deep into this tunnel"

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

"My philosophy on this kind of mission is do unto others before they do unto you. We can dissect the remains for science if desired. So, no, no healing here except a serum of healing. Let the double Ds lead."

That's Dirk and Dhomer.

Regarding marching order. Ears would like to stay close to Twila.

Oh gracious DM, can Ears buy another 2 serums at the commissary before getting on the shuttle?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

"My medical training's rusty but usually better than nothing."

Medicine +10, basic medkit (DC 25), 2 medpatches (great for untrained PCs), 3 mk 1 healing serums

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

I don't see why not. Buy away

The team spends several hours working their way through the ice-caves. After a while you start to feel the effects of the radiation that permeates the ice...

Eventually you make it to a place the ice changes a little.

The ice in this part of the tunnel system is thicker, with numerous broken shapes embedded within it. Out of one portion of the ice thrusts the triangular tip of a broken piece of carved stone bearing strange markings.

Some checks that may reveal stuff.
#1 Culture or Perception(harder) check may help with the markings.
#2 You could also try Mysticism to see significance
#3 physical science or Perception(harder) to notice something else.
#4 In addition if you want to gather pieces from broken stone then an acrobatics, athletics or sleight of hand check will be required (everyone who wants to collect some should do this).

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek carefully examines the strange markings. " I don't think this is normal writing." Next Jek closes their eyes to concentrate on the writing's possible meaning or significance.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

"Alright, nice an' easy," Dhomer says to himself as he tries to gather pieces of broken stone.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

"Now... what is this?"

Culture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

He shrugs.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Soldier 1/Solarian 3 | SP 32 | HP 28 | RP 3 | EAC 15 KAC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init +0; Perception +7 | Speed 25 | Active effects: none Soldier 1/Solarian 3

Dirk tries to notice things in the tunnel

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Thanks, GM A. Ears has 3 serums now.

Ears rubs his hands together. "Oooh. This is good. Let me see that rock. Hey! Option-8. What do you make of this?"

He makes little clucking noises while he examines the rock and its markings.

Culture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Mysticism: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Phys Sci: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Option-8 takes a look and says, "This is beyond my knowledge of such things. Let us take it back to someone who may know of such things." He attempts to retrieve a piece.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

Twila-5 shares what knowledge she has and helps Dhomer gather samples. "We shouldn't linger too long. The radiation is starting to get annoying."

Culture (markings): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Mysticism (significance): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Perception (notice something else): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Acrobatics (gather samples): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Jek eyes up the markings. He is pretty sure they relate to elemental and planar magic, but not sure about much more.

Dhomer tries to recover a shard, but they remain just out of his grasp, as if taunting him with closeness. Dirk has a similar amount of luck with the tunnel. Surely there is a clue there, but it eludes him.

Ears looks at the writing. For writing it surely is. But it is alien, and not from the Pact worlds. When looking at the ice, it is pretty clear to Ears that something has been chipping away at the ice recently.

And a follow-up life science check might reveal a little more

Twila agrees with Jek about the planar nature of the markings, and with Ears about something chipping away at the ice. She gathers a fragment, but there is not enough there to make out anything.

Ears, Jek and Dirk could still try to recover some pieces.

And a bit more of the map unveiled.
And I'm still missing some icons from the map..

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek follows up looking for mystical connections of the marking by looking for cultural connections.
"Looks like these markings are connected to elemental and planer magic. let me see if they have any cultural meaning as well."
Culture: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Seeing the shard just out of Dhomer's reach Jek tries to recover it. "Dhomer you almost had it let me try."
Jek holds out one hand and concentrates on the shard trying to move it. Jek uses Psychokinetic Hand

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Give me a mysticism check to see if you have the magical agility to get a bit free.

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

As Ears points out the chippings at the ice, Option-8 says "These could possibly be claw marks."

Life Science: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Did not know we were supposed to be making multiple checks. Just thought it was choose one of the three listed & then the fourth one. Would the Jump Jets help with recovering some pieces of the broken stone?

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Soldier 1/Solarian 3 | SP 32 | HP 28 | RP 3 | EAC 15 KAC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init +0; Perception +7 | Speed 25 | Active effects: none Soldier 1/Solarian 3

Dirk tries to move some of the pieces.

Athletics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

51 to 100 of 494 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS_Aerondor] 05-99 Battle for the Bulwark Gameday XII (tier 3-4) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.