[SFS_Aerondor] 05-99 Battle for the Bulwark Gameday XII (tier 3-4) (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

Map
RPG Chronicles - sign up details here please.
Event listing
Rituals for planes of air, earth, fire and water...
chronciles


201 to 250 of 494 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

"err, do we know who's occupying here?" Dhomer asks. He may not have been paying attention.

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Culture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

That is enough successes...

You find a good position and start to take note of enemy positions, as you do so, Twilia notices a hidden laser turret that is starting to track toward your position.

Engineering check to disable its motion sensor before it can fire on you.

Status: The Approach... Disable the laser turret. Bold may post.
Ears weakened.
Dhomer 2sp damage;
Option-8 Weakened.
Dirk weakened; 4sp damage;
Twila-5
Jekcedo 11 sp damage; Impaired;

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;

The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Many rolls just for fun.:
1. Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
2. Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
3. Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

4. Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Good thing you guys succeeded first.

engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

"Hmmm. I'm guessing it's actually got some kind of doppler differential sensor that makes us stand out from the background. Everybody sway like the windblown grassy stuff behind us."

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek readies a smoke grenade in case we need cover.
"I got a smoke grenade ready incase we need cover."

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek readies a smoke grenade incase we need cover.
"I got a smoke grenade ready incase we need cover."

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Ears quickly deals with the pesky paired laser turrets.

Watching carefully, you start to relay information back about the enemy movements and watch the fireworks start...

Okay here you pick a skill that you think you could use, and roll a check. Bonus for nice writing in the description about how you use the skill!
Examples: using Acrobatics to get a closer look at the position while dodging enemy fire, using Computers to transmit precise firing coordinates through enemy jamming efforts, or using Engineering to assess structural weak points in the enemy defenses for targeting.

Status: The Relaying enemy positions
Ears weakened.
Dhomer 2sp damage;
Option-8 Weakened.
Dirk weakened; 4sp damage;
Twila-5
Jekcedo 11 sp damage; Impaired;

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;

The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Option-8 pulls out his PCU & Hacking Kit to upload a virus to one of the nearest turrets. He tries to get the virus to spread through the system as each turret tries to lock onto a target, it instead tries to lock onto another turret. If he can't get it to target another turret then he tries to just power it down.

Computers-Hacking: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek lays low observing the enemy's movement and reactions to incoming shells. BOOM Jek watches as the enemy all takes cover right before the explosion. Shortly after Jek notices they all pop back up. Jek waits for the next shell to hit.

BOOM Jek count's then themself one, two, there, four, five, six, their back, got you pronkers! Jek sends a message to command.

"The enemy is spotting our incoming shells and taking cover, then popping up 6 seconds after the explosion. Fire a second round of shells with a 6-second delay to catch them in the open."

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Soldier 1/Solarian 3 | SP 32 | HP 28 | RP 3 | EAC 15 KAC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init +0; Perception +7 | Speed 25 | Active effects: none Soldier 1/Solarian 3

Dirk tries to assess the weaknesses of the defenses as the shells rain overhead. "Hey your heads down.." He whispers to his friends.

Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Ears watches and listens to the airborne attacks. He thinks he notices higher pitched, that is more energetic, explosions with huge sprays of sparks associated with bombs landing near 8 sided structures.

"Tell 'em to hit the octagons. I think they've got transformers stored in 'em. If we bring their power down they won't be able to run those big lasers."

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

Twila-5 taps Jek on the shoulder. "Check in with me every minute. I'm going closer." Slipping off into the shadows, she creeps as close as she can get to the enemy lines without being in the blast range of the Starfinder artillery. When Jek checks in, she gives more detailed statistics: numbers, types of weapons, descriptions of the combatants, whatever the team couldn't see from the previous vantage point.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

"Will Do."
Jek relays Twila-5 intel to command as Jek receives it.

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Dhomer tries to get a bit closer to help direct fire.
acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

The team does very well at spotting and relaying the enemy positions. And then comes down the fire from above. You wonder if perhaps the society might have a few too many contacts within the Hellknights as surely Hellfire can have little to offer itself over the devastation from above. But it is not all perfectly targetted. And now is your chance to help improve its aim...

Wow, that was good. You each get *8* chances to help direct fire. You can either try to do it yourself, or help someone else. Redirecting the fire is not a trivial task, and if you fail too badly then you are likely to get caught in some of the destruction yourself.

Once again, choose the skill (or skills) you want to use, and whether you want to try the skill yourself, or help someone else in the team. You must (as a group) get a certain amount of successes in total to succeed at this mission.[/ooc]

Status: Adjusting fire support. Bold to post.
Ears weakened.
Dhomer 2sp damage;
Option-8 Weakened.
Dirk weakened; 4sp damage;
Twila-5
Jekcedo 11 sp damage; Impaired;

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;

The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek takes out the remote detonator from his backpack.
"I still have the remote detonator. Perhaps we could rewire it to transmit its exact location to the fire control command center, but someone would have to sneak it into place."

how this could work:
First, everyone with engineering aids the person with the highest engineering skill to make the physical changes to the remote detonator.

Second, everyone with computer skills aids the person with the highest computer skill to reprogram it.

Last, whoever is best in stealth places it, and others aid with survival or Perception to help find the best path. Or use Perception and Sense Motive to detect when an enemy might look at who's sneaking and then provide covering fire as a distraction. This could use up multiple skill checks if placing the device takes several steps.

This could use up a lot of our 8 skills checks each but might not be enough for everyone, so might need to add to the plan or have to come up with an additional side plan. Just an idea if you have other ideas please share.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

"It's worth a shot. Option-8, what do you think?" Ears grabs the detonator and starts removing its cover....

Fun teamwork idea. I think Option-8 is our best engineer. Ears will assist him unless he declines to participate, in which case Ears will roll primary.

Primary or Aiding Engineering Check roll:
Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

But Meta-gaming.
Apparently our goal is number of successes.

  • If we tie too many checks into any one plan we may not hit our quota. Also this plan requires two independent checks to succeed. (Engineering and then Stealth.)
  • We probably have the best chance with as many single failure checks as possible, perhaps with an aid or two from PC's with low skill modifiers.
  • And we're on a clock against the other tables. It might be best to just have everyone roll their checks all at once.
  • And we can't take too long to discuss it.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

Let's do it. I'll roll all my checks in spoilers. Looks like Ears (engineering +10), Option-8 (computers +11), and Twila-5 (stealth +13) can be the main drivers. I'll roll Twila-5's rolls in spoilers. Everyone else can choose to aid or do something else. No pressure either way.

"Good idea, Jek." Twila-5 leans in to help tinker with the detonator.

1: Engineering aid:
Engineering to aid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

---
Next, she helps reprogram it.
2: Computers aid:
Computers to aid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

---
Once it's ready she pockets the detonator, takes a deep breath, and begins silently slipping deep into enemy territory.
3: Stealth to approach enemy encampment:
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

---
Upon arrival, she looks around for the best location for the detonator to be stashed.
4: Perception to locate ideal spot:
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

---
There. Of course it's on the far side. Working her way around to the target zone, she spots an unmanned console and quickly slips over to hack into it. Hopefully she can glean further targeting information from it.
7: Computers to hack:
Computers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

---
While waiting for the coast to clear so she can slip across the final distance, she pulls out her datapad and tries to triangulate some additional targets.
6: Computers for targeting:
Computers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

---
Finally arriving at her target location, she slides the detonator under a piece of machinery and activates it.
5: Stealth to place detonator:
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

---
Okay, that's enough dancing with death. Time to go. Twila-5 slips back into the shadows to return to the rendezvouz point.
8: Stealth to return safely:
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

@GM Aerondor: As close as we are, can we see what the foes look like?

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek scans ahead helping Twila-5 plan her path.

Aid to Twila-5 # 3 action:
Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Jek uses their knowledge of survival to suggest a good hiding place based on the type of terrain.

Aid to Twila-5 # 4 action:
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Jek watches for any signs of the enemy getting close to spotting Twila-5 Jek throws a smoke grenade to provide cover.

Aid to Twila-5 # 5 action:

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

As Twila-5 is almost back to safety Jek sees one of the enemies setting up a sniper rifle with a clear motive of targeting Twila-5 Jek uses their telepathy to warn Twila-5 to duck at the right momnet.

Aid to Twila-5 # 8 action:

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

I'll save my other 4 skill checks to aid others later or at the end post my own skill checks.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Soldier 1/Solarian 3 | SP 32 | HP 28 | RP 3 | EAC 15 KAC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init +0; Perception +7 | Speed 25 | Active effects: none Soldier 1/Solarian 3

Dirk tries to look around at the area. He helps hack and places sensors.

hope this works

Engineering aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Computers aid twila: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Computers: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

I'll post the last 2 later

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

The team does some planning and gets to work.

Tinkering with your left over explosives is sure to go off with a Bang! (success #1)

The team starts to reprogram the detonators (successful aids from Twila and Dirk, need a main roll and possibly other assists)

Twila then sneaks forward (success#2)

And quickly locates a good spot (success#3)

She then sneakily places the detonator (success #4)

Looking around she triangulates some good locations for bombardment (success#5)

She pushes her luck a bit trying to hack into an unattended console.. (one aid from Dirk, others can try to help out here, and with that roll, she will need quite a bit of help.)

And then finally sneaks back to the group. (Success #6)

Long and short is a successful mission. I don't think we need to worry too much about the other failed checks as you passed enough in total.

You can see a bit of the type of beings running around. The are winged humanoids, look a bit like bat-folk. Time to pick your next mission, first with two votes gets it.

Again, you can take a short rest if you like, purchase supplies, recharge batteries etc. Or if you are worried about your conditions, spellcasting services are available (at cost)

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

"Oooh, we should go to the prisons and help them out. This seems like a bad place."

I'd like to not spend a Resolve point and go in with 2 scratches. Vote the Prison Break

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

"That sounds like Jekcedo has fine plan, Ears."

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

"Sure, Dhomer. As long as the prison isn't as bad as the caverns." Twila-5 shudders.

Second Dhomer's choice.

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Ixthia the Unbreakable strides forward to speak, “Now that we’ve secured a foothold within Sangoro’s Bulwark, we’re beginning to uncover the foul deeds carried out here during our long absence. I’ve received reports from several teams that the barracks have been converted into a prison and are filled with captured Starfinders who were stationed here when the Bulwark fell. Who knows what horrible tribulations they’ve endured since that dark day. They’ve languished long enough. I’m dispatching you to a nearby cellblock. Free any Starfinders you find there.

You quickly gather your equipment and set off to the closest of the cellblocks.

The walls in this makeshift cellblock are a sullen black and engraved with faded red runes and pictographs. Near the cellblock’s entrance is a large, vaulted chamber connected to multiple hallways. An ominous voidglass device is bolted to the floor in the center of the room, ticking and whirring busily. Shackles are set into the outer walls of the room, each binding a ragged prisoner to the wall.

New Map!

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Two of the humanoid creatures (which you have been told are known as grioth) are near what looks like some type of massive bomb. They have a third creature with them, which seems to be made of dark glass!

As you enter the massive bomb starts to flicker with odd symbols... obviously some type of countdown.

Chained to the walls of the chamber with the bomb you can hear lots of voices cry out in fear!

init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Status: init, if you equal or beat my roll above, you can post your action as well.
Ears weakened.
Dhomer 2sp damage;
Option-8 Weakened.
Dirk weakened; 4sp damage;
Twila-5
Jekcedo 11 sp damage; Impaired;

grioth -red
grioth - blue
glass creature - red

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;

The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

"Ha! Now we'll see how tough they are." Ears trots back a few steps to Twila. "Just shoot one of them. Nothing fancy. Your gun will do the rest. "

Move as shown.
Cast supercharge weapon on your pistol. +4d6 to damage.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Jek tries to use Mysticism to identify the glass-like creature looking for it's weaknesses. then takes cover.
"I've found lots of connections to the elemental planes in this place I wonder if that glass creature is an elemental of some kind."

Mysticism: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Since Dirk is next to him, Option-8 casts Supercharge Weapon on Dirk's weapon (Solar Weapon?) and moves forward. "Engage, distract them and take them out, Dirk! Going for the bomb."

I imagine we have our weapons out & solar weapon was manifested? Dirk gets an extra 4d6 to his damage. Option-8 has a Static Arc Pistol out. Also how high is the ceiling?

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Yes, happy for you to start out ready for action. Ceiling are 15' in the hallways and 20' in the main room.

The creature is not an outsider, but is a construct. You suspect that given its glass nature, it might be quickly dazzled by a very bright light - such as sunlight.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

"That glass creature looks to be a construct not an elemental, because it's made of glass it might be dazzled by sunlight or other very bright light."

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

Dhomer Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Dhomer moves closer and aligns his shield against Red.

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

@GM Aerondor, We are using the larger squares as 5', correct?

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Yes, though I was confused when I put up the map and shrank all your tokens a bit. But that now makes the enemies look even scarier! Hurrah for mistakes.

The two grioth concentrate for a moment, sending a wave of mental pain and agony at Dhomer and Option-8

will DC12 for half: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7 and shaken if you fail
will DC12 for half: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7 and shaken if you fail

Prisoners caught in the blast scream in pain. And then pull back

The glass creature moves forward to engage Option-8
strike vs KAC 15: 1d20 ⇒ 18
damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Prisoners added to the map. Two inparticular are calling out (highlighted in yellow) that they can help disarm the bomb if you can release them.)

Status: bolt to post (round 2)
Ears weakened.
Dhomer 2sp damage; 2xwill saves vs damage and shaken
Option-8 Weakened. 10sp damage; 2xwill saves vs damage and shaken
Dirk weakened; 4sp damage;
Twila-5
Jekcedo 11 sp damage; Impaired;

grioth -green
grioth - blue
glass creature - red

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;

The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek moves up to Option-8 acting as a bodyguard. then looks at the grioth looking for weaknesses.

"I got your back."
Jek has the bodyguard feat. If Option-8 is attacked Jek will take a reaction giving Option-8 a +2 circumstance bonus to its AC against that attack, and giving Jek –2 penalty to your own Armor Class until the beginning of Jek's next turn.

Life Science: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Jekcedo suspects that from the look on the grioths faces that the mental attack they launched takes quite a bit of energy and they won't be able to use it again in a hurry not this combat anyway. He also notes that their mouths... have excessive saliva dripping from them... likely some toxin is included in it. Getting bitten would be a bad move.

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

Will Save 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Will Save 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

"Ow," he says, though he seems to weather the mental attack well. "Why I oughta!"

He strikes with his entropic fist!

Entropic Strike, vs Red's EAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Acid Damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none
Ears wrote:
"Just shoot one of them. Nothing fancy. Your gun will do the rest. "

"Nothing fancy." He must've noticed what an awful shot I am. "Got it. Thanks, Ears." Well, he's not wrong. Twila-5 takes a deep, steadying breath, aims, and fires at the red foe. No fancy footwork. No tumbling. Just business.

Static arc pistol: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Electric damage: 1d6 + 2 + 4d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (6, 5, 3, 4) = 24

Then she dashes into the cell block to release the prisoners who can help disarm the bomb.

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Was counting on Dirk to move up to provide cover so Option-8 wouldn't get hit. Looks like he has yet to go for round 1. Guessing he is in Delay? Option-8 is down to HP.

Will Save #1 vs DC:12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Will Save #2 vs DC:12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

What does it take to rescue a prisoner? Engineering or Computers check? Is it physical or electronic locks? Need tools for that? Will wait to act.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Soldier 1/Solarian 3 | SP 32 | HP 28 | RP 3 | EAC 15 KAC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init +0; Perception +7 | Speed 25 | Active effects: none Soldier 1/Solarian 3

sorry if I'm not keeping up mother in law in hospital

Dirk moves up and activates his solar weapon.

"That glass thing is a problem"

- - -

next including -2

He swings at the glass creature. But his swing goes wide.

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

dmage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Ears shouts and claps his hands. "Great sho .... Hey! where are you going? That worked!"

The ysoki has another look at the tactical situation. Then he runs forward, drawing his own arc pistol.

Is that a structure in the middle, or a pattern in the floor? Can it provide cover?

Move as shown. Cast supercharge weapon on my gun.

Engineering, if construct has technological subtype: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 will take vulnerabilities, then special defenses if I get anything special

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

@Dirk, Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Your solar weapon was already out (Even though you have Quick Draw) and was Supercharged. That was your round 1 action. I'm guessing you charged thus the -2 to your attack? If so, you should be next to the red creature because you don't have a reach weapon. We are into round 2 now so you can act again.
@Ears, GM Aerondor stated "An ominous voidglass device is bolted to the floor in the center of the room, ticking and whirring busily."

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Thanks, Dooser. I thought there was something there, just couldn't find the description in my hurry. Question about cover (for small creatures) still stands.

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Dhomer resists the worst of the mental assault but can't seem to land a solid blow on the glass creature.

Despite her claims to be a bad shot, Twilia-5 lands a shockingly good zap to the creature in class. Electricity sparkles all around its glass surface, giving quite the lights effect.

The prisoners are secured with shackles. Engineering check when you are adjacent to a prisoner to free them. The bomb itself looks to be a combination of both mystical and technology. To disarm it you will need to make both rolls. It is a full round action to attempt either of them.

Dirk also swings at the golem, but has no more success that Dhomer. Ears casts his spell and considers the creature. He guesses it is more magical than technological. The structure in the middle is the big bomb

Status: bolt to post (round 2)
Option-8 Weakened. 18sp 2hp damage;
Jekcedo 11 sp damage; Impaired;

grioth -green
grioth - blue
glass creature - red 24 damage;
Dhomer 8sp damage;
Twila-5
Dirk weakened; 4sp damage;
Ears weakened.

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;

The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:

The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Option-8 withdraws away from the glass creature and gets next to the bomb in preparation to shut it down.

"Ears, you best get up here. I do not think we have time to battle these opponents."

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek uses Lifelink to give Option-8 4 HP/stamina this costs Jek 4 HP(bypasses Stamina) then moves to bodyguard either Dirk Or Dhomer as a reaction to whoever is attacked first as a reaction.

Bodyguard: As a reaction when an adjacent ally is attacked, you can grant that ally a +2 circumstance bonus to its AC against that attack. If you do so, you take a –2 penalty to your own Armor Class until the beginning of your next turn.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

"Don't let the grioths bite you they have nasty poison."

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Jek heals Option a bit, giving them the energy to slip past the construct and toward the bomb.

The two withdrawing grith aim at Option as they pull back
attack vs EAC 14: 2d20 ⇒ (15, 14) = 29
A damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8
Both hit, leaving the android badly wounded.

The glass construct strikes out at Dhomer with its own sharp fists.
attack vs KAC 23, inc bodyguard: 1d20 ⇒ 2

But Jek shouts a warning and Dhomer ducks just in time.

Status: bolt to post (round 3)
Option-8 Weakened. 16sp damage;
Jekcedo 11 sp damage; 4hp damage; Impaired;
Dhomer 8sp damage;
Twila-5
Dirk weakened; 4sp damage;
Ears weakened.

grioth -green
grioth - blue
glass creature - red 24 damage;

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;

The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek uses Lifelink on Option-8 again 4 HP/stamina to Option-8 this costs Jek 4 HP(bypasses Stamina) then moves to bodyguard Option-8.

Bodyguard: As a reaction when an adjacent ally is attacked, you can grant that ally a +2 circumstance bonus to its AC against that attack. If you do so, you take a –2 penalty to your own Armor Class until the beginning of your next turn.

Jek spends a resolve point to touch Jek uses Lifelink on Option-8using Healing Channel
Healing Channel: 4d8 ⇒ (8, 8, 5, 7) = 28

Total healing for option-8 from Jek in round 3: 32 HP and stamina.

"I got your back keep working on the bomb."

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Just a note, that the hp above for Option doesn't include the 8 damage she took this round, not sure what happened there. The lifelink heals just 4 damage, or does it heal four hp AND 4 sta? I thought it normally only healed hp damage, not STA, so I imagine you have something that alters it.

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

"Thank you, Jekcedo."
Option-8 works on isolating the magical aspect of the bomb spending a full round action.

Mysticism w/ Shaken: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 2 = 23

How long does the Shaken condition last and can it be removed with a separate save?

201 to 250 of 494 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS_Aerondor] 05-99 Battle for the Bulwark Gameday XII (tier 3-4) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.