[SFS_Aerondor] 05-99 Battle for the Bulwark Gameday XII (tier 3-4) (Inactive)

Game Master Aerondor

Map
RPG Chronicles - sign up details here please.
Event listing
Rituals for planes of air, earth, fire and water...
chronciles


251 to 300 of 494 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

Dhomer winds up the entropy he's collected and tries to punch the thing again.

Entropic Strike vs EAC: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Entropic Strike with Extra Damage: 1d4 + 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + (1) + 3 = 5
Crit Damage: 1d4 + 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + (3) + 3 = 9

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.
GM Aerondor wrote:

Just a note, that the hp above for Option doesn't include the 8 damage she took this round, not sure what happened there. The lifelink heals just 4 damage, or does it heal four hp AND 4 sta? I thought it normally only healed hp damage, not STA, so I imagine you have something that alters it.

4 points total from Lifelink. But Jek can heal Stanima if they have at least one point of HP damage, due to the medic artchtype. Hp damage is healed first, then stamina if there are healing points left over.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

Dashing along the wall toward a prisoner shouting that they can help disarm the bomb, Twila-5 whips out her tools and starts trying to release their shackles.

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Darn.

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Jek seeing the group looking in trouble sends out a burst of healing that makes everyone feel much, much better.

shaken rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Option, slightly worried by the bomb sets to work on it. In a few seconds they manage to unweave some of the mystical energies around it.
Still need an engineering check for the mechanical aspects.

Dhomer punches the glass construct. Cracks are starting to work their way through its form, but it is still very active.

Twilia tries to unlock the closest helpful prisoner "I'm Jarston!" But the rusted lock defeats her... for the moment.

Status: bolt to post (round 3)
Dirk weakened;
Ears weakened

grioth -green
grioth - blue
glass creature - red 38 damage;
Jekcedo Impaired; 3/5RP; bodyguard active on those nearby
Option-8 Weakened. shaken up to and including round 4.
Dhomer
Twila-5

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;

The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Soldier 1/Solarian 3 | SP 32 | HP 28 | RP 3 | EAC 15 KAC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init +0; Perception +7 | Speed 25 | Active effects: none Soldier 1/Solarian 3
Option-8 wrote:

@Dirk, Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Your solar weapon was already out (Even though you have Quick Draw) and was Supercharged. That was your round 1 action. I'm guessing you charged thus the -2 to your attack? If so, you should be next to the red creature because you don't have a reach weapon. We are into round 2 now so you can act again.

sorry missed that. @everyone thanks she's getting better but it's slow.

Dirk attacks the golem.

"Thing...take this"

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

---

in case I'm "up" again

He swings again at the golem.

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Dirk shatters the glass golem... and then notices there is another stalking toward the group...

Which for some reason the GM forgot about...

Status: bolt to post (round 3): Mystic aspect of bomb disarm3ed.
Ears weakened

grioth -green
grioth - blue
glass creature -
Jekcedo Impaired; 3/5RP; bodyguard active on those nearby
Option-8 Weakened. shaken up to and including round 4.
Dhomer
Twila-5
Dirk weakened;

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;

The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

"Coming, dear!" Ears calls while he runs forward. Under his breath he mutters, "I thought Options were supposed to give you choices, not tell you what to do."

He fires his pistol across his body at the oncoming golem.

Statci Arc pistol v EAC, red, supercharged: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 ... damage: 1d6 + 1 + 4d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (5, 1, 1, 2) = 12

Would have to double move to get to bomb. Will get there next turn.

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Ears pings the new glass guardian, more electricity sparks over its exterior.

The two grith take final shots at Option as they retreat further into the complex, and away from the bomb...
attack vs EAC 14, 3rd range increment: 2d20 ⇒ (10, 12) = 22
Both narrowly miss her.

The glass guardian steps up toward Ears and smites him roughly... with a sharp blow.
attack vs KAC 16: 1d20 ⇒ 11
B damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Even a shouted warning for Fek can't save him this time.

Okay, fixing damage as I misunderstood about the channel.
Status: bolt to post (round 4): Mystic aspect of bomb disarmed.
Ears weakened 11 damage;
Jekcedo Impaired; 11 sp damage; 8hp damage; 3/5RP; bodyguard active on those nearby
Option-8 Weakened. shaken up to and including round 4.
Dhomer 8sp damage;
Twila-5
Dirk weakened; 4sp damage;

Prisoners (none free)
Bomb... It's starting to blink faster, surely it doesn't have long to go...
glass creature - 12

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;

The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

I thought we'd have more time! But with the girth fleeing, that can only mean one thing: it's now or never. "Be right back!" Twila-5 shouts to the prisoner she'd been trying to free as she dashes over to disarm the bomb. Fingers crossed!

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

The weird symbols on the bomb stop ticking down...

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek touches Option-8 and casts Remove Condition to remove the shaken condition from Option-8.

"Option-8 take a deep breath and let it out, great you should be back in the game now!"

Jek takes out a Serum of healing MK1 holding on to it for now, and turns in place to back up Ears with a bodyguard from the next round.

Bodyguard: As a reaction when an adjacent ally is attacked, you can grant that ally a +2 circumstance bonus to its AC against that attack. If you do so, you take a –2 penalty to your own Armor Class until the beginning of your next turn.

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

Dhomer skirts around and flanks the creature. "Attack the Ysoki, will you? Pick on someone your own size!"

Entropic Strike vs EAC, Flanking: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28
Acid Damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Crit Damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Seeing the weird symbols stop counting down, Option-8 makes sure it is deactivated then turns his attention to other matters and targets the remaining creature.

Magic Missile Dmg: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) + 3 = 10

At the touch of Jekcedo he says, "Thank you, Jekcedo." To everyone else, "In case those grioth went for reinforcements, we best hurry to free the prisoners and vacate." He moves in the direction of some.

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Dhomer once again demonstrates the terrible power of his fists, acid melting glass freely. And then Option sends several terrible bolts of power into it. Massive cracks line the glass structure. Surely it can't have much left holding it together.

Someone want to suggest an action for Dirk?

Status: bolt to post (round 4): Mystic aspect of bomb disarmed.
Ears weakened 11 damage;
Dirk weakened; 4sp damage;

Prisoners (none free)
Bomb... It's starting to blink faster, surely it doesn't have long to go...
glass creature - 37
Jekcedo Impaired; 11 sp damage; 8hp damage; 3/5RP; bodyguard active on those nearby
Option-8 Weakened. shaken up to and including round 4.
Dhomer 8sp damage;
Twila-5

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;

The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

Dirk moves up and attacks with his solar weapon while attuning to photon mode?

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Dirk tries to demonstrate the power of the void..

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Shattering it!

With the guardians defeated and the bomb disarmed, the crew finishes releasing the prisoners and head back to the main camp, ready to pick another mission.

While exploring the cell block for further prisoners, you come across a few items left over that may be of use to you: a longstrider module, a mk 1 diffraction cloak and a tempest gale baton.

And time to pick another mission. First with two votes gets it.

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

I say the cursed blade, because that's a cool name.


VC Australia - WA

House GM post

"Starfinder teams have overrun crucial grioth checkpoints, shattered grioth defense forces, and seized several of their precious voidglass mines. Entire sections of the Bulwark are once again within Starfinder control." The voice of lxthia the Unbreakable broadcasts over multiple channels.

"The strength of our resolve was never in doubt," Radaszam responds in kind. "As the atoll rises over the waves of the sea, my friend. As the atoll rises over the waves."

Table GMs, the Unbreakable Resolve condition is now in effect.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek picks up the mk 1 diffraction cloak. " If no on minds I'd like to hold on to this cloak, I can then give it to whoever is most wounded or critical to the task at hand, improving my ability to bodyguard them. If no one objects Jek puts it on.

I'll second the cursed blade

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

After a short break (free free to take ten or buy stuff) you are urshered into an old meeting room.

Greetings Starfinders,” Radaszam exclaims, looking energized. “I’ve received reports of a barricade that the enemy erected in a hallway near here. Looks like they were trying to seal off a section of the Bulwark. Could be something useful or valuable on the other side of the barricade. Of course, it could be a death trap the enemy sealed off for their own safety… Finding out is up to you! Break down the barricade and explore the other side.

Heading toward the barrricade you hear combat in the distance, but that is not unexpected in this place. Nothing accosts you before you get there.

The barrier is one inch thick, blocks the hallway, and is constructed of a black crystal..

How are you going to go about breaking or bypassing it?

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

"Stand back." Jek stands back and throws a rock at the barrier to see how or if it reacts.

Next Jek moves a bit closer and tries to detect or see any mystical connection in the barrier.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Jekcedo is pretty sure that it is voidglass. Voidglass is a jagged black crystal with a cloudy blue core that pulses when held by a sapient creature. Nurtured by grioths in the lightless depths of space and composed of solidified psychic anguish, voidglass resonates with the minds of those who wield it—intensifying their aggression, bolstering their mental defenses, and focusing their thoughts. The material’s potency increases when used by or against telepathic beings.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek shares the information about voidglass with the rest of the team, adding. " Is anyone else telepathic? This voidglass stuff could be really bad if used against me or anyone else telepathic."

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Anyone in light armor want the lonstrider module? +10 to speed. If not I'll take it just so it doesn't go to waste. And some melee type should pick up the baton. I'll carry it f no one wants it right now.

Ears grunts with the impact from the glass golem. "Thanks, Dirk" is all he can gasp when the man shatters their last opponent.

***
Will take 10 to recover SP.

At the barricade Ears stops to inspect it. "If we had some more demo charges we'd make short work of this. Glass is brittle. I wonder if it would be vulnerable to cold? "

Engineering, easy way to break this? : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Right now I've got nothing but brute force, possibly with a cryo assist, in mind. Anyone have a better idea?

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

I'll take the tempest gale baton.

Profession (Safety Technician): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"Yeah, this thing is a violation, I'm pretty sure," Dhomer says, "Luckily, every telepath I've met says my brain is unusually quiet."

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Between Ears and Dhomer you realise that a sonic weapon would likely be able to be attuned to the right frequency to shatter the barrier. It takes a bit of fiddling, and Dhomer making sure everyone is well back, but before too long, there is an ear shattering cracking sound and the wall explodes into thousands of broken voidglass shards.

You press onward and arrive in a large chamber.

This large chamber is covered with ancient writing and images. Nearly a dozen desiccated corpses, clearly dead for many years, litter the room. Some of the corpses are grioth soldiers, while others wear Starfinder gear. In the center of the room is a lashunta Starfinder’s corpse near a computer array, with a crystalline sword piercing its chest. A thick layer of dust lies over everything in the room.

You are not yet in the room. Don't worry about a map for the moment.

Status:
Ears weakened 3/4RP;
Dirk weakened; 4sp damage;
Jekcedo Impaired; 11 sp damage; 8hp damage; 3/5RP; b
Option-8 Weakened.
Dhomer 8sp damage;
Twila-5

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;

The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

Dhomer activates his environmental protection as he doesn't know what kind of dust is in here.

"That's definitely, definitely, not up to code."

Do the rest of the corpses have signs of violence besides the one ran through with a sword? I can roll medicine if you'd like.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

From her vantage point just outside the entrance, Twila-5 examines the room. (Darkvision) "Well, with all the dust on everything, it looks like they walled this off a long time ago. So probably not an ambush--at least, not from them. ... What happened here?" Her eyes rove the area, looking for clues from where she stands.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

If she sees a reason to keep back, she'll tell the group. If not, she'll sneak into the room to keep looking for clues.

Stealth roll, if necessary:
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Soldier 1/Solarian 3 | SP 32 | HP 28 | RP 3 | EAC 15 KAC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init +0; Perception +7 | Speed 25 | Active effects: none Soldier 1/Solarian 3

sorry my wife needed me yesterday

Dirk looks around.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Option-8 glances around using his darkvision to see if he can observe anything out of the ordinary such as a creature bursting out of these desiccated corpses chest.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

While Ears and Dhomer work on the wall just try to heal themself.
Serum of healing, MK1: 1d8 ⇒ 6
Serum of healing, MK1: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Jek will try to use mysticism to read the writing on the walls or detect the presence of any mystical forces active in the area. if it helps to read the writing Jek can use Psychokinetic Hand to move a small flashlight to them so Jek dosen't have to get too close.
Mysticism: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

After trying to read the walls Jek will try to identify the dead Starfinders Culture: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Fearing the dead bodies might get up Jek redies a sticky bomb grenade. "I don't like undead, hope these bodies don't get up maybe before we go in I should try to glue them to the floor with a sticky bomb grenade."

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

You would need to go into the room to see the bodies in more detail to assess how they died. They are lots of dead grioth in here though. And even from the entrance you can make out sword wounds on them. The starfinders... it is less obvious what killed them.

The writings on the wall are detailed. You would need to go into the room to study them in detail enough to make a mysticism check.

Aside from all the dead bodies, Twila-5 sees no reason not to enter the room. There are no obvious traps. Just lots of very dead bodies. Sneaking forward she has a look, and the grioth were definitely killed by a blade.

Speaking of blades, the one in the middle of the room rises into the air and flashes toward Twila-5
attack vs KAC 17: 1d20 ⇒ 8
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
And gives her a nasty cut. As it does so, a voice rings out in time with the blow.

Your foul general can’t fool me! Die, grioth minions!

Status: Bold can post
Ears weakened 3/4RP;
Dirk weakened; 4sp damage;
Jekcedo Impaired; 1 sp damage; 8hp damage; 3/5RP; b
Option-8 Weakened.
Dhomer 8sp damage;
Twila-5 8sp

Sword

Conditions
Weakened - Con track poison damage;
The victim takes a –2 penalty to Fortitude saves, Constitution checks, and Constitution-based DCs. Every time the victim attempts a Fortitude save against the poison—whether he succeeds or fails—he loses Hit Points as per on initial exposure.

Impaired - Con track poison damage, as weakened, plus..:
The victim takes an additional –2 penalty to the affected checks and the affected DCs decrease by an additional 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Intelligence, she can’t cast her 2 highest levels of spells from that class.

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek enters the room to get a closer look at the writing on the wall
Mysticism: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Option-8 would follow Jekcedo in and attempt to discern the writings as well.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

"This appears to be just jibberish."

Manifold Host

Male Akitonian Human Giantblood Vanguard 3 | SP 36/36 HP 25/25 | RP 4/4 | EAC 18; KAC 20 (+1 with Shield Aligned) | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +1 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Entropic Pool: 0/4| Active conditions: none

Dhomer follows Option-8.
Mysticism: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

"Hey, we're not minions of Grioth. I don't even know who Grioth is!" Dhomer says indignantly.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

"Really?" says the voice, holding off striking again for a moment. "But that is exactly what a mind-controlled minion would say!"

The writing on the wall appears to be a ritual. Similar to the ones you discovered earlier, this one has ties to the plane of earth.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

Twila-5 hisses as the blade cuts into her...and is rather confused as to why her companions are just meandering around like tourists when there's a *floating sword that's talking crazy stuff*. She takes a cautious step back out if its immediate range and tries to get their attention (or snap them out of whatever's messing with their minds). "Uh, guys! I think I know how all these corpses died." She gives the sword a significant look.

To the sword, she retorts emotionlessly: "That is also what someone who's not a mind-controlled minion would say. It is an inconclusive data point, and therefore is meaningless on its own."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

"But what is not meaningless is the multitude of grioth that infest this place. But.. for the moment let us assume you are not mindcontrolled minions. Who are you are what are you doing here?"

Feel free to ask questions here as well.

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Soldier 1/Solarian 3 | SP 32 | HP 28 | RP 3 | EAC 15 KAC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init +0; Perception +7 | Speed 25 | Active effects: none Soldier 1/Solarian 3

"We are Starfinders not grioths. Why did you attack us?"

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

"Well, you claim to be starfinders. Unfortunately most of the 'starfinders' I have met in the last few years have been mind-controlled by the grioth. Something I am not yet convinced is not the case here."

The sword waves in the air in an angry, but not threatening, manner.

"Anyway. I am a Starfinder, so don't think that you can put one past me."

Exo-Guardians

Male Human Soldier 1/Solarian 3 | SP 32 | HP 28 | RP 3 | EAC 15 KAC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init +0; Perception +7 | Speed 25 | Active effects: none Soldier 1/Solarian 3
GM Aerondor wrote:
"Anyway. I am a Starfinder, so don't think that you can put one past me."

"I am...on my honor." says Dirk. He makes a fist, bends his elbow and gently taps his wrist and fist against his chest.

Gee I hope he believes me..."

I don't have anything on my sheet that says that I'm a member. I don't know if we can show the sword something on like our datapads"?

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

Well, if you did 1-1 you would have a dermal on your arm..

Marked Field Agent (Slotless Boon): Having met the amalgam of intelligences known as Guidance, you have successfully completed your induction into the Starinder Society. The Society ofered you a subdermal implant as part of your commencement. You receive this augmentation for free.

Given 'everyone' knows about this from their own commencement, and most players will have played the first ever SFS scenario, I don't think sharing this particular chronicle boon is a no-no.

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

Option-8 looks around at Twila-5 when she mentions how all of these corses died.

"A floating, talking sword. How interesting. How can you be a Starfinder? And if you claim to be how is it that you slew all of these other fellow Starfinders who were being mind-controlled rather than just knocking them out and discovering what was actually mind controlling them? How did you realize they were being mind-controlled? They may have just been panicked if they saw a floating sword going around slaying their companions. Besides, what is the Starfinder motto? Explore, Report, Cooperate! Not Maim, kill, exterminate!"

He pulls off a lapel pin which is a Starfinder Insignia (Slotless Boon) which he received in a quest and presents it. "I belong to the Dataphiles faction where our motto is "Knowledge is power". What more proof are you requiring?"

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

"I am not a sword. Well, I was not always a sword." explains the sword, pointing itself down at the body it was originally sitting in.

I was a Starfinder archeologist at Sangoro’s Bulwark. I specialized in studying the Founders, which is what we call the mysterious race of aliens that built this place long before the Gap. Before the assault, I noticed some unusual planar anomalies around the fortress. I tried to warn Starfinder command, and I even managed to get some of our more essential weapons moved from the Bulwark to the Arsenal for safety."

"My pleas went largely ignored, however, and so the Bulwark was not prepared when General Itharris and her grioth army attacked. They came out of dark portals and carried upon shadowed beams. I quickly realized that all was lost. I tried to transmit my data—a lifetime research!—to the Lorespire Complex using this computer array, but I was killed by the grioths before I could finish. When I died, my soul was somehow transferred into this blade, which I used to kill my attackers. I’ve been trapped here ever since.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo)

Female N android death touched operative 5 | SP 19/40 HP 34/34 | RP 6/6 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +5*^; Ref +9; Will +5* | Init: +7 | Perc: +12 | low-light vision; darkvision | PR: 20 | SA: 20 | TR: 26 | CF: 10/10 | HC: 1/1 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: none

Unfortunately, Twila-5 hasn't played 1-1, so she has no way to prove her membership to the sword.

"So...Two questions: First, do you need help transmitting the data to the Lorespire? Because we'll happily do that. Second, there are dead grioth and dead Starfinders here. Did you really kill all of them?"

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek has the Society Subdermal Graft (SFS Intro #1: The First Test)

Jek holds up their hand and activates the Society Subdermal Graft. "We are on a mission to retake the Bulwark. Perhaps we can help each other."

Lantern Lodge

SFS 05-99 BftB

"Well.. that would explain your presence..." says the sword.

In lies down among the bodies. "It has been such a long time. Perhaps I have let my manners get the best of me. Yes, if you could send my findings to the LorepSpire, that would be very helpful."

I just want to save my work… when I realized that the Bulwark was doomed, I tried to send my research to the Lorespire Complex, but the grioths killed me before I could finish the transmission. I think that is why my spirit remains trapped here in this cursed blade.

The sword rises up again, pointing to a dusty and battered laptop near the remains.

Computers check to send on the information. But feel free to ask further questions as well.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Xenoseeker Technomancer 5
bot me:
1. Supercharge a good shooting ally's weapon. 2. Shoot pistols. 3. Appropriate grenade. 4. Melee with survival knife.
// Init +7 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 dark vision 60' // SP 40/40 HP 27/27 RP 6/6 EAC 17 KAC 17 // F +4 R +4 W +4 // Move 30 BAB 3 Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3

Ears didn't play 1-1.

"Jek's right. We're Starfinders and we're here in force to retake the Bulwark. If you'll let me download your data to my computer, we can all take it back to our ship. Your information could be crucial to recapturing this installation.
Did you ever visit Akiton? I'm from Akiton. How well can you see? I'm a ysoki. Akiton's about the worst planet in the Pact World's with the exception of Aucturn, and Eox. Maybe Aballon depending on your personality. And Apostae, if you want to dignify that rock by calling it a planet.
If you come back this way we can show you a couple dead crystal constructs that the Grioth sicced on us.
Anyway, you've got little to lose by coming with us. We won't detain or attack you. "

diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Dataphiles

Male Android Technomancer / 3rd
Stats:
Init: +6 | Perc: +3 | SP: 13/18, HP: 19/19, RP: 5/5 | EAC: 14 / KAC: 15 | Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +3; Low-Light & Darkvision

"Before we send your data, was this Lashunta's body yours? What was your name and what should we call you? How much space does your data require? Can we just take your whole laptop with us? There are enemies still about. Perhaps the transmission is not the safest as it could be intercepted, rerouted or blocked. What more can you tell us about these Grioths and this General Itharris?"

Cognates

2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 08/30 HP 28/28|RP 5/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 0/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

"Our mission to retake the Bulwark is not over yet, do you have any information that would help us? We have been trying to figure out the meaning of the writing on the wall but have not had any luck so far."

251 to 300 of 494 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS_Aerondor] 05-99 Battle for the Bulwark Gameday XII (tier 3-4) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.