[PF2] Troubles in Otari (GM Watery Soup)

Game Master Watery Soup

Current Maps and Art
Hero Points: So 1, Buzz 2, Grimmylow 2, Kzem 2, Thorn 2

Slide Archive (LARGE)
Loot & Macros


301 to 350 of 422 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

"I do love a good bonfire on the beach... You won't hear any complaints from me!"

The Orc fishes around in his pack for a bottle of liquor and holds it up to the goblin.

"Might this help? Either for enjoying or burning..."


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

Feel free to narratively describe how you'll get rid of the centipedes. Once aware of them, you won't trigger combat, so dousing the pile with alcohol and starting a beach bonfire will work.

---

Having cleaned up the beach, one of the final two unexplored doors is opened. These storage rooms hold shelves of boxes and stacks of crates. Nets, gaff hooks, rods, and other fishing gear hang from the walls. The filthy wooden floor is strewn with ragged scraps of sackcloth and gnawed bits of wood.

Three rats scurry about in the room, looking for unpooped places to poop.

We can enter initiative if you'd like, or, you can try to find a creative solution.

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

There is a wild light in Grimmylow's eyes as he carefully adds accelerant to the erstwhile centipede nest, being careful not to disturb them. It grows even brighter, or perhaps is just magnified by the flames that shoot from his fingers as he ignites the whole thing with holy fire from Sarenrae.

"Now, the key with centipedes is that you don't want to overcook them. You want a lot of heat up front but then you let them cook in the shells as they sit for a while," he comments, as he watches the flames crackle.

He dusts his hands and watches the fire and the sun for a few minutes to refocus on Sarenrae and her gifts.

"Looks like someone left their pet rats," he says when they check out the storage rooms. "I'm not great with animals. Does anyone else know of a way to get them out? Or to petify them?"

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

"Use some more of the fire usually works on rats too!" Buzz chirps "If not we can plug all entrances except one. I have a blight bomb I can set off, toss in there and plug the last exit."


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

I'll go with whichever plan gets 2 votes first.

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

"I didn't bring my broom. Do any of you magic types have the ability to make a whole lot of water? A stiff breeze? I don't fancy carrying up bucket after bucket of water to clean this place out..."

Seeing the attention of the others drift to the rats in the room. "Oh, those? I don't see any reason we can't just smush them and keep moving"

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

Grimmylow shrugs and heads toward the entrance, his fingers already moving to the proper position to send out another sheet of fire to continue his extermination services.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

Everyone votes on a plan, and Grimmylow holds up Beggar So's and Thorn's hands after campaigning on the slogan, "Vote Early, Vote Often."

He starts summoning magical powers and the rats can feel the air sizzle.

GM Screen:

So Initiative: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
Buzz Initiative: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 12
Grimmylow Initiative: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17
Kzem Initiative: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16
Thorn Initiative: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10
Rats: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

The rats scatter, but they don't retreat. Instead, they squeeze through various holes in the walls, attacking the heroes from all sides. As a matter of fact, the frenzy extends to the adjacent room, where three more rats swarm out.

Red moves and attempts to Tumble Through Kzem's square.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 vs Kzem Reflex DC 14

Blocked by Kzem's legs, he bites at Kzem.

Jaws: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Jaws, MAP: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 5 = 6
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Green and Blue climb the walls, finding holes where the roof meets the walls, and squeezing through, leaping down to flank the party. Two more rats (Yellow and White) squeeze under the door of the unopened room, attacking Grimmylow and So from behind.

Yellow Jaws vs Grimmylow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

White Jaws vs So: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Another rat squeezes from the unopened room to the opened room through a small hole in the corner, and seeing nothing to bite, begins climbing the wall.

--Round 1
Grimmylow (30/30)
Kzem (32/32)
Buzz (22/22)
So (34/34)
Thorn (43/43)

--Round 2
Red Rat (-0)
Yellow Rat (-0)
Green Rat (-0)
Blue Rat (-0)
White Rat (-0)
Magenta Rat (-0)

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

"This was a mistake! We should have let them have the building! We have no choice but to bow to our rodent masters, now!" Grimmylow shrieks as the rats run all over everywhere.

But then they don't manage to actually bite anyone.

"I mean, um...fancy moves won't save you, rats!" he says sheepishly before lighting up the two nearest him then invoking Sarenrae's protections.

◆◆Burning Hands (White and Yellow) DC17 Basic Reflex: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

◆Cast Shield

Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

"Don't burn down our building! There are more subtle ways to eradicate rats!" yells Thorn and he reaches for his gun and shoots at one

Boom@Green: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Damage, p/b: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Then he bashes it with stock and reloads

Bash@Green: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 4 = 7
Damage, p/b: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

"Little tight in here for what bombs I have left anyways." He takes quick stock of his inventory and only has a few bombs remaining and decides to send out a few poinous stingers at the rat nearest him.

Targeting Green

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 3

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 5 = 18
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 2

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 7 - 10 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 10 = 2
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 2

Status:

HP 22/22
AC 19
Hero Point 0/3
Infused Alchemical Items 6/6
1x Lesser Acid Flask 0/2
1x Lesser Alchemist's Fire (Signature Item) 0/3
1x Lesser Blight Bomb (Signature Item) 3/3
1x Minor Elixir of Life 0/2
1x Skunk Bomb 2/2
1x Lesser Ghost Charge 2/2

Loudmouth
HP 22/22
AC 16


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Beggar So immediately drops into a fighting stance and lashes out at the rat in front of him.
Flashing Spark; 1st Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Flashing Spark; 2nd Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Grumbling, he makes a third strike

Flashing Spark; 3rd+ Attack: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (17) - 3 = 14
Assuming a 14 is enough...
Flashing Spark; 1st Attack Damage, Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

◆ Stoked Flame Stance
◆ Flurry of Whiffs
◆ Strike?


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

White Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 vs DC 17
Yellow Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 vs DC 17

Grimmylow's spell disgorges, sending flame at the the rats. Without the super-flammable spider webs, nothing in the damp buildings catches fire, though.

Thorn fires his gun at Green, striking it in the rump, but not ending its life. He tries to bash it with the stock of his gun, but it's a little too agile.

Buzz fires stingers, the first one striking Green and killing Green. Whirling around, a second stinger flies at the most wounded, striking Yellow. Green and Yellow both go down. A third stinger flies up into the air and lodges on the eaves of the roof.

Beggar So drops into a stance and swings at the wily rat, but three different strikes fail to connect. 14 misses, sorry.

--Round 1
Grimmylow (30/30)
Kzem (32/32)
Buzz (22/22)
So (34/34)
Thorn (43/43)
--Round 2
Red Rat (-0)
Yellow Rat (-9)
Green Rat (-11)

Blue Rat (-0)
White Rat (-3)
Magenta Rat (-0)

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

E.L. vs Standard DC Creature Level: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Shield Boss: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Damage (b): 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 + either highest weakness, or weakness of 3 (if EL wasn't a critical failure)

I can’t get the map to load, so I will account for one action to move. If I don’t need it, then I would do mirror image to get flanking

Kzem steps into the room and swings his shield at the nearest of the rats.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

Kzem smashes the rat in front of him with one hit. Red down, EL was successful, though.

White and Blue continue biting at the targets in front of them, while Magenta sees an opening and hops down to attack Kzem.

White Jaws: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 vs 1d2 ⇒ 2 Beggar So
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

White Jaws, MAP: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 4 = 8 vs 1d2 ⇒ 1 Grimmylow
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

White Jaws, MAP: 1d20 + 7 - 8 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 8 = 13 vs 1d2 ⇒ 1 Grimmylow
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Blue Jaws vs Thorn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Blue Jaws vs Thorn, MAP: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 4 = 9
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Blue Jaws vs Thorn, MAP: 1d20 + 7 - 8 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 8 = 6
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Magenta Jaws vs Kzem: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Magenta Jaws vs Kzem, MAP: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 4 = 15
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Although the rats get a few nibbles in, nobody's life is threatened.

--Round 2
Grimmylow (30/30)
Kzem (32/32)
Buzz (22/22)
So (29/34)
Thorn (40/43)

--Round 2
Red Rat (-10)
Yellow Rat (-9)
Green Rat (-11)

Blue Rat (-0)
White Rat (-3)
Magenta Rat (-0)

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

"Sarenrae's really behind us this time, guys!" Grimmylow says, as they manage to deal rather handily with the epic horde of rats, so far.

He tries to leave the closest one (White) dazed and confused for so long. Then wraps himself in the warm, decadent embrace of Sarenrae's protections.

◆◆Daze - Basic DC17 Will Save vs. 3 Nonlethal Mental Damage. On a crit fail, also Stunned 1.

◆Shield

Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

Thorn turns around and fires at the blue rat

Boom@blue: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Damage, p/b: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Then he pushes it away why reloading

Shove@Blue, clear the path vs fort dc: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

He raises his gun in defensive manner

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

Shield Boss: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Damage (b): 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 + either highest weakness, or weakness of 3 (if EL wasn't a critical failure)

Kzem smashes the rat in front of him, driving the shield to the floor. Looking up, he flashes his wrist and a figure of him appears opposite the rat to the north before snapping his shield at the now flanked rodent.

Shield Boss: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Damage (b): 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 + either highest weakness, or weakness of 3 (if EL wasn't a critical failure)

Attack, mirror, attack


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

White Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 vs DC 17

Grimmy casts a spell, and the rat appears dazed.

Thorn fires a shot at the wiley rat. It bounces off the floorboards, and ricochets out into the ocean, where the heroes hear the loud groaning of a whale. He does manage to push the rat out, though, 10'.

Kzem, as these creatures do not have weaknesses, you have to use Personal Antithesis, which doesn't transfer between creatures. The first hit (even without the crit) will take out Purple, and the second hit will take out the damaged White, without the antithesis damage added to either.

Kzem smashes one rat, suddenly appears across from Beggar So, and smashes the other.

--Round 2
Grimmylow (30/30)
Kzem (32/32)
Buzz (22/22)
So (29/34)

Thorn (40/43)
--Round 2
Red Rat (-10)
Yellow Rat (-9)
Green Rat (-11)

Blue Rat (-0)
White Rat (-12)
Magenta Rat (-11)

I'll let Buzz and So post, but then call the fight afterwards.

After this combat, the fish camp is secure, and yours for the customization. All the characters will level up to 3, and I'll make sure the treasure list is updated.

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

Buzz tosses a few last stingers at the last ratling. "Looks a little slow."

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 3

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 5 = 18
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 2

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 7 - 10 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 10 = 13
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 1

Status:

HP 22/22
AC 19
Hero Point 0/3
Infused Alchemical Items 6/6
1x Lesser Acid Flask 0/2
1x Lesser Alchemist's Fire (Signature Item) 0/3
1x Lesser Blight Bomb (Signature Item) 3/3
1x Minor Elixir of Life 0/2
1x Skunk Bomb 2/2
1x Lesser Ghost Charge 2/2

Loudmouth
HP 22/22
AC 16


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Beggar So charges the remaining rat and attempts to redeem himself.

Flashing Spark; 1st Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Flashing Spark; 1st Attack Damage, Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Flashing Spark; 2nd Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

He steps back out of range after hitting (?) the rat.

◆ Stride
◆ Flurry
◆ Step


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

Buzz stings the rat, and Beggar So finishes it off with a single punch.

End of Combat!

Searching the storage rooms reveals plenty of tools and material for maintaining and operating the fish camp. Five of these are finely crafted long tools (a sledgehammer, a shovel, a hoe, and two axes) each worth 1 gp. In addition, one of the crates holds a repair kit.

Once the heroes have defeated the rats, they begin setting up the fish camp as their own residence and a home base for future adventures. The heroes likely travel back to Otari sooner or later, as they need/want to purchase supplies for their new home and retrieve the property deed from Tamily Tanderveil.

When they return to Otari for the first time, they find that wild boar is a hot, trendy delicacy. They are able to sell the rotting aged wild boar carcass for 5 gp.


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |
GM Watery Soup wrote:
They are able to sell the rotting aged wild boar carcass for 5 gp.

I almost snorted hot coffee out my nose. I read that right as I was taking a sip!


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

Describe what your characters have been doing for the past week!

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

Grimmylow finishes the last touches for The Chapel of the Most Hot Goddess of the Most Bounteous Gifts then takes a step back and dusts his hands with a nod of satisfaction.

The chapel is one of the 10 by 10 sheds, a compromise with his roommates since he was originally going to convert the dining room, then, the bigger room of the large outbuilding, then the second biggest outbuilding.

Still, it is not the size of the church that matters, it is the size of the love for Sarenrae in the church.

He has built a small altar and painted the symbol of the Dawnflower on one wall as well as built pews (three!). The construction was neither quick nor easy as he had to often start over because he couldn't get the planks to properly balance on the rocks and logs and other stuff he found to rest the them on.

But now, now he can begin.

"Church! Church! Come to Church!" he shouts, running around the camp and through the buildings as though his outsides were burning just as fiercely as his insides.

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

Kzem finds himself a nice rocker and sits on the porch, facing the water, and obsessively polishes his mirror. This is the life gramps was always dreaming about. said under his breath, to no one in particular. If only he could see me now. He turns in early to a small, but cozy room with a warm fire and a kettle to make tea- enjoying the calm and quiet of the small little fishing hut.

Instead of traveling to Otari himself, Kzem contents himself with providing a few coins to his other companions. Would you mind grabbing me one of those healing potions?

Grimmylow. What is this you keep hollering about? It ain't even Sunday yet... or do you do Moonday? Not that it matters... is this some sort of special church. Kzem's eyes roll slightly, but despite his quiet protest he drags himself off the rocker and towards the makeshift pews.

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

"Every day is sun day!" Grimmylow declares, confidently pointing at the sun in the sky.

"Every Sarenrae church is special!" he continues. He follows Kzem to the makeshift chapel but lingers only long enough to make sure he's going to stay before resuming his proselytizing around the camp.

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

As Kzem settles onto the makeshift pew, he looks around before realizing that he is the only of the companions present.

Dammit. Got suckered into this again...

Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

Thorn spends a week, cleaning the kitchen in their new home. Removing all of the spiders webs, cleaning the utensils that can be cleaned. He cooks meals every day, some of them are even edible.

When Grimmy begins to call for going to church Thorn looks at the altar

"Oh, this 'church' is definitely special. Let me bring some snacks" most of the clerics that he knows, love the sound of their own voice, and he suspects Grimmy to not be much different


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Perc +8 | 25 feet | Spell DC 18 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 3 HP 40/40 | AC: 17 | F +9 R +7 W +10

Two people is a congregation so, once Thorn takes a seat, Grimmylow stops searching for the backsliders. Better to stoke the embers you can than to strike a spark in ash.

"Good morning brothers and...more brother...brothers...brother..." he begins, scowling a bit at his inauspicious start.

"It is a glorious day, brought to us by Sarenrae, is it not?"

Grimmylow's service is a combination of pieces of several of his favorite sermon and his own parables (Sarenrae is like a warm peanut butter that sticks to the top of your heart,) snatches of hymns, most of which he either makes up wholesale (which you can tell because he struggles for rhymes and the rhythm keeps changing) and the rest of which he makes up lyrics for when he forgets and rambling prayers ("thank you for my new shoes and the light which you give which allows me to see them and sorry that I used that light in the way that I did with that magnifying glass and those ants.")

Fortunately, even with religious passion, his attention span is not very long and he was always taught that you have to "beat the Baptists," though he doesn't know what a Baptist is but he does know you have to keep a service to under an hour.

He ends with an actual, coherent song and sings out with an unusual, but decent voice.

Sarenrae's Hymn


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

It is during one of Grimmylow's long-winded sermons that a welcome sight arrives - welcome for all the attendees, at least. A carrier pigeon with a message arrives, landing on Grimmylow's head, releasing its message, and then flying off before Grimmylow and grab it and eat it.

Oloria Gallentine of Gallentine Deliveries sends a message to invite everyone to visit her for an employment opportunity.

At her large shop on Roseguard Road, the efficient and energetic Oloria welcomes the heroes. Her eyes wide with anxiety, she speaks rapidly and breathlessly.

Thank you so much for responding! I’m very concerned about one of my couriers—she’s long overdue. Her name is Narala and she’s a centaur. She’s extraordinarily fast, and she was supposed to come from Absalom down the Granary Road two days ago. I hope she was just delayed, but it’s not like Narala to dawdle. I fear she might have been robbed, or worse, and in need of help. She has an aggressive streak and would be all too eager to fight. I need your help to find her, and her packages, and get everything back on track.

Oloria describes Narala to the heroes. She also explains that she sent Narala to Absalom to pick up three parcels for people in and around Otari: one for the brewer Magiloy, the second for the former gladiator and current lumber foreman Klorte Hengus, and the third for the herbalist Abanye Nianna.

Oloria asks that, if the heroes go speak to the recipients, they do their best to assure her clients that they have everything under control and that the delayed parcels will arrive as soon as possible.

Asking about payment:
"[b]The recipients pay upon delivery and you are welcome to keep any payments for completing the deliveries themselves.

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

Given where it lands, Grimmylow is relieved that the pigeon only releases its message. Though he can read, he doesn't like it, unable to completely ignore generations of superstition and vaguely afraid that if he reads a word, he'll never remember it again. That's why he closes his eyes if he ever has to sign anything. It would be terrible to forget his own name.

"Oh no! Narala! We have to save her!" Grimmylow has heard all he needs to hear and turns to exit the shop. He stops and looks over his shoulder.

"Which one is Granary Road?"

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

"Do you think that is the order she went to deliver the packages?"[/]b Buzz wonders. [b]"We can speak to them and see where she got off track." Though he wonders if the wizard he swindled in the game the other night got the best of her and is doing this to get back at Buzz.

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

Thank the light... I thought this was never going to end, and Thorn didn't seem about to share his snacks

-----
After hearing the request from Oloria

"Well, I guess we aren't exactly doing anything at the moment- and it might be useful to have a few extra coins to help repair this place... though, we should be a little warry. Any problem big enough that a centaur couldn't handle it is certainly significant."

Kzem leans back in his chair, pondering the request and attempting to recall any useful information about first Centaurs and then the local area.
Know (any): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 +2 if Esoteric Lore
Know (any): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 +2 if Esoteric Lore

He swings back forward, and addressed Oloria.
It is great that we should receive payment for the packages- but we seem to be taking on a fair bit of risk to protect your companies reputation. It doesn't seem like an equal balance of things, if I am being honest."

Diplo: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

Thorn leaves from the kitchen keeping knife in one hand and a fish by its tale in the other

"How did the letter got here?" He looks around not bothering to look up, in the land where couriers are left and right who cares for using pigeons

At Oloria place, Thorn lets other speak

"Hmm, Kzem has some right ..."


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺
Grimmylow Grunderbuff wrote:
"Which one is Granary Road?"
Buzz Spriteyear wrote:
"Do you think that is the order she went to deliver the packages?"[/]b Buzz wonders. [b]"We can speak to them and see where she got off track."

Granary Road connects Absalom and Otari. Narala didn't deliver any of the packages, she was waylaid before she got back into town.

Kzem wrote:
Kzem leans back in his chair, pondering the request and attempting to recall any useful information about first Centaurs and then the local area.

Centaurs are legendary hunters and trackers who resemble heavily muscled humans with the bodies of powerful horses from the waist down. They are typically reclusive but those who choose to interact with humans are as varied as humans in terms of personality. They're not typically thieves (if the concern is Narala running off with the packages), or specifically, there's no reason to suspect that simply because she's a centaur (as opposed to a human courier).

Granary Road is dangerous, and as in any TTRPG world swarming with an unsustainable number of carnivores, thieves, and hostile animals.

Kzem wrote:
It is great that we should receive payment for the packages- but we seem to be taking on a fair bit of risk to protect your companies reputation. It doesn't seem like an equal balance of things, if I am being honest."

It would help me if I knew whether you're asking for more payment or something else.

Oloria pleads, "It's not just my company's reputation at stake - Narala's very life might be in danger. If you won't do it for my company, will you at least do it for her?"


Perc +8 | 25 feet | Spell DC 18 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 3 HP 40/40 | AC: 17 | F +9 R +7 W +10

Grimmylow nods and waves over his shoulder as he marches out to Granary Road.

When he gets there, he looks both directions down it, scratches his head, shrugs then starts walking one way (which may be the wrong one.)

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

For simplicity: a request for increased payment fits close enough to the intent!


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Before

While not meditating (or doing something similar to it), Beggar So spent the last week exploring the surroundings of their new base of operations. He's spent the time gathering herbs and attempting to discern what they could be used for. Of course, as he is quite fond of his little green friend, he does attend the church services though he has absolutely no idea what the goblin is droning on about.

Now

Beggar So follows the party, his party, along the road, head on a swivel. He doesn't say much, as he still isn't that used to working with others. He does appreciate that this group seems to be a good bunch to be with... For now, he's content to follow...

Apologies for the silence, folks. Work's been crazy lately -- Dec/Jan tend to be nuts (FY 2023 ends... FY 2024 begins and we need to get everything done before closing the books on 2023...)


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

Oloria roots around in her pockets, pulling out 10d10 ⇒ (2, 10, 9, 7, 5, 9, 9, 5, 4, 4) = 64 silver pieces worth of loose change.

"That's literally all the money I have," she pleads to Kzem. "Please!"

Assuming the payment is adequate, where to first - I see Grimmy has a vote for Granary Road.

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

Instead of responding, the Orc just nods in acknowledgement of Oloria's plea.

Kzem hefts his shield, and quickly rushes off to fall into line with Grimmy- heading down the Granary Road. I learned over the past several months that it is better to not try and redirect Grimmy... I am assuming this is one of those times


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Beggar So gasps at the change. He steps forward and pushes her hand back, ignoring Grimmy's glare.

"We will help you my good lady," he says, gallantly, "Just tell us where to start"

Remember, he's a hermit, he's got no use for money... something I'm sure you're all going to re-educate him over! :)

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

Buzz flits his wings and nods excitedly. "As long as that payment includes a bit of honey. I am in."

Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

Thorn nods "Yes we will help you, let's start with investigating the recipients, maybe someone was suppose to get something dangerous." suggest the dwarf

I wanted to not vote on how to start it, but if player behind Grimmy wants to learn more, Thorn would voice it;)

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

Kzem himself is pretty willing to follow whomever seems the most confident, and also seems to have taken on a desire to protect/shield Grimmy from his own choices. He doesn't have a strong intrinsic motivation to do any more research

"Do you have a list or locations? Or an order they would have been delivered in? I would assume that if we head down the granary road will pass by all of the intended recipients and tasks that Narala was asked to complete?"


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Beggar So gets on the other side of Grimmy, flanking the goblin with Kzem.

"So what do we do, my little green friend?"


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

The land along the Granary Road was cut back and converted into farmland generations ago. When the heroes come by a farm, a big, young, red-faced human stands near the road, wringing the hat in his hands into fibers. He calls out to the heroes when he spots them and begins an earnest but rambling plea.

Hey there, y’all. I'm Henk, Henk Varlin. Seeing as you’re headed up the Granary Road, I wonder if you could do me a favor? Many of the farms in the area have been damaged by strange fires. Something is suddenly setting our fences and outbuildings ablaze, so we’re thinking there’s some arsonist running amok. All the farmers look to Jala Highstepper, seeing as she’s head of the Farmer’s Guild. She’s good to get us through our troubles, and she was just here talking to me about all this. She was gonna speak to my neighbor Lavinia Shroon. Lavinia’s farm burned, killing her hogs. But see, here’s the thing. Jala was going to talk to Lavinia, and then come right back. Right back, she said. Going to my nextdoor neighbor just up the road, not more than a fifteen minute walk, twenty minutes at most. I’m real worried. Could you check on her? It’ll be right on your way. Could y’all do me that kindness?


Perc +8 | 25 feet | Spell DC 18 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 3 HP 40/40 | AC: 17 | F +9 R +7 W +10

"Well, sir, I'm afraid you're looking at this the wrong way. You see, fire is not a curse, it is a blessing. You have been blessed with space to build a new fence, ash to help your crops grow, the destruction of an old outbuilding. You're welcome," Grimmylow says.

"But, since we're going that way, anyway, we'll check in on your neighbor and your guild leader. But, don't wait for us. We are very busy and important so when we finish helping you we have to keep going to help someone else."


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Beggar So steps in front of Grimmy. "We are heading this way at the moment. Of course we will help you. We'll send word as soon as we get to her."

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

Buzz swoops about overhead with Loudmouth. "I'll scout ahead and send her back this way." He calls down.

301 to 350 of 422 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PF2] Troubles in Otari (GM Watery Soup) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.