[PF2] Troubles in Otari (GM Watery Soup)

Game Master Watery Soup

Current Maps and Art
Hero Points: So 1, Buzz 2, Grimmylow 2, Kzem 2, Thorn 2

Slide Archive (LARGE)
Loot & Macros


351 to 397 of 397 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

Thorn rolls his eyes listening to Grimmy arguments, he checks that his gun is on his back and that he has what is needed if by any chance heavier arguments would be needed.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

The heroes can easily reach the Shroon farmstead, just up the Granary Road.

A large barn, a farmhouse, and several outbuildings come into view. The simple wooden fence around this farm has been badly burned. In the field, between a barn and a large shed, lie the charred remains of two hogs and a horse.

Describe what you're doing when you get ambushed.

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

Upon seeing the horse and pigs, Kzem instinctively raises his shield in front of him, and checks the security of the mirror in the palm of his hand.


Perc +8 | 25 feet | Spell DC 18 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 3 HP 40/40 | AC: 17 | F +9 R +7 W +10

Grimmylow runs his fingers along the charred fence as they walk past it, getting his fingertips grimy.

Once past it, he moves toward the charred remains, fighting down a smug, pleased smile over the fate of the fiendish equine creature.


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Beggar So strides easily along Granary Road. He enjoys the sun and fresh air. He sees the carnage ahead and is moving to investigate when something jumps the party.

Assuming we're about to go into initiative, Beggar So pulls the staff off his back in a smooth motion

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

"Hey. Is anyone here? We are looking for a Jala? Have you seen her?"

Explore option, Raise Shield. Making an attempt at Diplomacy for initiative, but understand if that doesn't work in this case

Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

Thorn would turn around, looking for the source of how the fire started. "It is a bit odd right?"

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

"You see anything down there?" Buzz swoops around high overhead as he continues to scout out the area.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

GM Screen:

So Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Buzz Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Grimmylow Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Kzem Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Thorn Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Hellhound: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Wolves: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Nobody notices the growling, so the first sign that the heroes are not alone are as two wolves rush out of the barn, their fangs still dripping with blood.

Yellow Jaws vs Grimmylow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 plus Knockdown

Blue Jaws vs Kzem: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 plus Knockdown

Both Grimmylow and Kzem avoid the snapping jaws. Inside the barn, another canine emerges - but one that looks far more sinister, with flesh the color of burning pitch, teeth as sharp as any fiend's pitchfork, and a shroud of ever-burning hell.

--Round 1
Grimmylow (40/40)
Beggar So (47/47)
Thorn (43/43, shield)
Buzz (30/30) / Loudmouth (30/30)
Kzem (45/45, shield)

Hellhound (-0, Recall: Arcana, Nature)
--Round 2
Yellow Wolf (-0, Recall: Nature)
Blue Wolf (-0, Recall: Nature)


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Beggar So immediately steps forward and swings twice at the Blue Wolf.

Bo Staff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Bo Staff MAP: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Bludgeoning?: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

He takes the time to pull a shuriken from his robes.

◆ Step
◆ Flurry vs Blue
◆ Interact to Draw

I did indicate that he'll pull the staff off his back earlier. If he needs to spend that extra action, then he'll do that as his 1st action, then step, then flurry. I'll draw the shuriken next round


Perc +8 | 25 feet | Spell DC 18 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 3 HP 40/40 | AC: 17 | F +9 R +7 W +10

"No! Bad wolf!" Grimmylow says to the canine that tried to take a bite out of him.

He retreats to get out of biting range before putting up a protective ward between Kzem and the wolf he is facing.

Stride. Cast Forbidding Ward. Kzem gets a +1 to AC and saves against the Yellow Wolf.

Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

Thorn reaches for the gun as soon as the creature comes

He raises his weapon and shoots at the Wolf

Boom@yellow: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Damage, p/b: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Than he reloads and fires again

Boom@yellow: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 5 = 26
Damage, p/b: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Fatal die: 1d12 ⇒ 12 Crit so 18 dmg

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

Buzz flies around overhead sending small darts from his stinger down onto the wolves.

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 4

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 5 = 12
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 1

Status:

HP 30/30
AC 120
Hero Point 0/3
Infused Alchemical Items 7/7
1x Lesser Acid Flask 2/2
1x Lesser Alchemist's Fire (Signature Item) 3/3
1x Lesser Blight Bomb (Signature Item) 6/6
1x Minor Elixir of Life 2/2
1x Skunk Bomb 2/2
1x Lesser Ghost Charge 2/2

Loudmouth
HP 30/30
AC 17


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Beggar So gasps in awe at Thorn's boom device. He makes a note to ask Thorn about it.

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

Fending off the jaws with the edge of his shield, Kzem stares down his adversary and taps into a deep, primal, knowledge of the creatures Esoteric Lore. With a flash of the wrist, the mirror in his hand catches the light, and an image of the Orc appears opposite the yellow hound. Then, surrounded by threats, the yellow hound is assaulted with the Orc's shield.

E.L. vs Standard DC Creature Level: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Shield Boss, vs FF: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 Damage (b): 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 + either highest weakness, or weakness of 3 (if EL wasn't a critical failure)

◆ E.L
◆ Mirror
◆ Strike


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

Beggar So raps the wolf on the head once, and draws a shuriken.

Grimmylow backs up and wards Kzem.

Thorn fires twice at the wolf, the first shot failing to scare it and the second shot opens a very large hole in the wolf's neck.

Buzz flies by and shoots stingers at Yellow, one of which hits.

Kzem suddenly appears behind the Yellow wolf, smashing with a shield. Crit, but it won't matter, as a regular hit would have killed it as well.

The hellhound barks loudly and rushes towards the Kzem that just appeared, showing enough intelligence to flank with the other wolf. With a snarl, it bites down.

Jaws: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 vs off-guard
Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 plus Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 3 plus Evil: 1d6 ⇒ 4
This is a crit - I'm going to assume the evil doesn't affect you.

Jaws, MAP: 1d20 + 13 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 13 - 5 = 12 vs off-guard
Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 plus Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4 plus Evil: 1d6 ⇒ 5

The wolf is a little confused about the two identical orcs, but will gladly attack either one. 1 left, 2 right: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Jaws: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 vs off-guard
Piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 plus Knockdown

Kzem feels the jaws sink in, and the wolf pulls him to the ground.

Then, the wolf goes for the jugular.

Jaws, MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 5 = 23 vs off-guard
Piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The wolf bites him in the neck, barely missing his jugular vein.

--Round 2
Grimmylow (40/40)
Beggar So (47/47)
Thorn (43/43)
Buzz (30/30) / Loudmouth (30/30)
Kzem (1/45, prone, ward vs Yellow)

Hellhound (-0, Recall: Arcana, Nature)
--Round 3
Yellow Wolf (-44, Recall: Nature)
Blue Wolf (-7, Recall: Nature)

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

Wolf. Rough round. I'll let everyone else make their options and I'll evaluate where I am at, at the end of it. Out of Curiosity- what is vs off-guard represent?

Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

Thorn reloads his gun and aims at the other wolf

Boom@blue: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Damage, p/b: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

If crit, double that: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
falta die: 1d12 ⇒ 12 If crit than 26 dmg

Then he reloads again

"Hold your ground!"


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Beggar So takes advantage of the flank set up by Kzem. He drops both his staff and shuriken and goes into a fighting stance. He then slashes at Blue twice.

Flashing Spark; 1st Attack, FF: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Flashing Spark; 1st Attack Damage, Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Flashing Spark; 2nd Attack, FF: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Flashing Spark; 2nd Attack Damage, Slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
If both strikes hit, add the damage before applying resistances/weaknesses

If the 26 is a crit, add 1d6 persistent fire

◆ Step
◇ Drop staff/shuriken
◆ Stoked Flame Stance
◆ Flurry vs Blue

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

Buzz hovers around over the hellhound, raining small poisonous darts down onto the hellish creature.

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 2

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 5 = 13
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 4

Status:

HP 30/30
AC 120
Hero Point 0/3
Infused Alchemical Items 7/7
1x Lesser Acid Flask 2/2
1x Lesser Alchemist's Fire (Signature Item) 3/3
1x Lesser Blight Bomb (Signature Item) 6/6
1x Minor Elixir of Life 2/2
1x Skunk Bomb 2/2
1x Lesser Ghost Charge 2/2

Loudmouth
HP 30/30
AC 17


Perc +8 | 25 feet | Spell DC 18 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 3 HP 40/40 | AC: 17 | F +9 R +7 W +10

"Hey! Bad! Drop it! Drooop it!" Grimmylow scolds the canines, the "it" in this case being Kzem.

There is no need to maintain his Forbidding Ward as that wolf is out of the fight so Grimmylow starts with healing up the injured half-orc.

2 Action Heal: 2d10 + 16 ⇒ (9, 9) + 16 = 34

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

The western most image of Kzem winks out of existence, at just the time Grimmy's magic fills the remaining Orc with raw magical power. He pushes himself up from the ground, and turns his focus towards the hellhound between him and Buzz.

He stares at the creature, eyes penetrating deep into its existence.

E.L. vs Standard DC Creature Level: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

He pulls out a small, iron cross, and holds it aloft in front of the hound. "Flee, or face the consequences" echos from his now strengthened voice, aimed directly at the infernal creature.

Shield Boss: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 Damage (b): 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 + either highest weakness, or weakness of 3

◆Stand
◆EL
◆Strike

E.L. Critical Success Text, if applicable:
You learn all of the creature’s resistances, weaknesses, and immunities, including the amounts of the resistances and weaknesses and any unusual weaknesses or vulnerabilities, such as what spells will pass through a golem’s antimagic. You can exploit either the creature’s mortal weakness or personal antithesis


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

Off-guard is the Remastered term for flat-footed. At some point (probably when I get the new Core books and fully understand the changes), I'll ask you all to move over. In the meantime, I'm implementing all the renaming changes, that is, the things that function the same but are just expressed differently in words.

Thorn aims, and puts another shot through the Blue wolf's neck, instantly killing it.

Revising Beggar So to Striding to flank the hellhound. Beggar So rushes around the flaming hound and punches it twice.

Buzz fires two stingers, unfortunately, both miss.

Grimmylow heals Kzem, asking Sarenrae to bind his wounds.

Kzem stands and feels the heat from the creature. He instinctively understands that the creature is weak to cold and immune to fire. EL Crit! His shield strikes at the creature, frigid as an icicle - or at least, it feels that way to the hellhound.

The hellhound bites at 1d2 ⇒ 1 Kzem.

Jaws: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Piercing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 plus Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 5 plus Evil: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Its jaws sink in, but it doesn't drag Kzem back to the ground like its mundane brethren. Instead, it suddenly backs up, and just as suddenly whirls around, breathing a cone of fire, catching Beggar So and Kzem. But not Buzz, who is too high up.

Fire: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 2, 1) = 12
DC 19 basic Reflex save

--Round 3
Grimmylow (40/40)
Beggar So (47/47, Reflex vs -12 fire)
Thorn (43/43)
Buzz (30/30) / Loudmouth (30/30)
Kzem (25/45, Reflex vs -12 fire)

Hellhound (-23, weakness x1, Recall: Arcana, Nature)
--Round 4
Yellow Wolf (-44, Recall: Nature)
Blue Wolf (-33, Recall: Nature)


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Reflex, HP: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

With a curse, Beggar So drops into a roll and manages to avoid the worst of the flames. He hustles forward and swings at the fire dog before skipping away.

Flashing Spark; 1st Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Flashing Spark; 1st Attack Damage, Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Flashing Spark; 2nd Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Flashing Spark; 2nd Attack Damage, Slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

I would assume that a hellhound will be immune to persistent fire, assuming the 26 is a crit. I use FF and OG interchangeably... the same way I use IC and CA for Inspire Courage/Courageous Anthem. Old habits die hard! :)


◆ Stride
◆ Flurry
◆ Step


Perc +8 | 25 feet | Spell DC 18 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 3 HP 40/40 | AC: 17 | F +9 R +7 W +10

"Hey, guys! I think this is the cause of the fires!" Grimmylow declares.

He moves closer and brings up a fresh ward, this one between Kzem and the fire dog.

Stride. Cast Forbidding Ward. Kzem gets a +1 to AC and saves against the Hell Hound.

Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

Thorn turns his attention at the hellhound and breathes out as he pulls the trigger

Boom@hh: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Damage, p/b: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Than he reloads and fires again

Boom@hh: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 5 = 18
Damage, p/b: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

"Darn it!"

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

"I am betting so Grimmy." Buzz shouts testing his stingers against the hellish hound.

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 3

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 5 = 10
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 4

Status:

HP 30/30
AC 120
Hero Point 0/3
Infused Alchemical Items 7/7
1x Lesser Acid Flask 2/2
1x Lesser Alchemist's Fire (Signature Item) 3/3
1x Lesser Blight Bomb (Signature Item) 6/6
1x Minor Elixir of Life 2/2
1x Skunk Bomb 2/2
1x Lesser Ghost Charge 2/2

Loudmouth
HP 30/30
AC 17

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Success: 6 damage

Shrugging off the damage as best as he is able, Kzem approaches the creature in a menacing posture- still holding aloft the small iron cross, but the creature seems to have regained its footing.

Intimidating Glare: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

He swings the crest of his shield into the flaming creature, attempting to finish it before he, himself, is finished. He pushes harder with his will, but seems unable to make solid contact with the flaming creature. Hero point, but I assume that 16 is a miss anyways

Shield Boss: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 Damage (b): 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Shield Boss: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 Damage (b): 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Status:
HP 19/45
AC 21
Hero Points: 1 0
Conditions: Forbidding Ward
Esoteric Lore: Critical vs Hellhound (Weakness 5)


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

So punches twice, hitting once (not a crit), and then backs away.

Thorns first shot hits, but his second shot misses. Now you know its AC.

Buzz's first stinger hits, and the hellhound falls over.

Kzem, you save a Hero Point.

--End of Combat
Grimmylow (40/40)
Beggar So (41/47)
Thorn (43/43)
Buzz (30/30) / Loudmouth (30/30)
Kzem (19/45)


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

"Hello?" a voice calls from inside the barn.

When the heroes investigate, they find Jala Highstepper and Lavinia Shroon both holed up in Lavinia’s barn. The wolves chased the two farmers into the barn shortly after Jala arrived at the farm, and they’ve been too scared of the hell hound and the wolves to make a run for it.

Both women express their gratitude to the heroes for dispatching the dangerous creatures. Neither Jala nor Lavinia has any clue why the hell hound and the wolves appeared in the area, although it’s clear that the canine trio accounts for the local farmers’ woes.

As a reward, Jala gives the heroes a lesser healing potion. Lavinia also promises the heroes a place to stay and a hot meal anytime they come by her farm.

This is the end of the side quest, I'll return you to the main road when everyone's healed up or ready to move on, whichever is first.


Perc +8 | 25 feet | Spell DC 18 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 3 HP 40/40 | AC: 17 | F +9 R +7 W +10

Grimmylow has rather complex emotions about the hellhound. On the one hand, it's on fire! and that is good. On the other, it is a dog and that is bad. He ends up giving it something between a nudge and a kick as he goes past.

"Let us thank Sarenrae for delivering you," he says to the ladies. He then begins a long, rambling prayer of thanks.

"Amen" he says at what seems to be a random point and looks up with a beatific smile.

"Oh, Kzem! You're hurt. Let me take a look there."

I'll use Assurance and my Expert level in Medicine to Treat Wounds.
I get exactly 20 with that combination.

Healing (Kzem): 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (6, 5) + 10 = 21

"Not perfect but as good as it's going to get for a bit," Grimmylow says.

"And So, let me see that scratch.

Healing (So): 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 8) + 10 = 26


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Beggar So sighs in relief as Grimmy patches him up.

"My thanks my little green friend" he grins, before retrieving the staff and shuriken he dropped earlier.

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

"And a-woman" Kzem intones respectfully.

"I appreciate the handiwork Grimmy. If this religion and adventuring thing doesn't work out for you, I think you would have quite the career as a seamstress in front of you"

Kzem brushes the soot off of his shield, and checks his mirror- amongst the many other bobbles attached about his waist and to his pack. Contented that everything is in good working order- he nods to the others in silent acknowledgement that he is ready.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺
Grimmylow wrote:

I'll use Assurance and my Expert level in Medicine to Treat Wounds.

I get exactly 20 with that combination.

At Level 3, you shouldn't be able to reach DC 20. WIS and item bonuses are excluded from Assurance, so it should be 10+proficiency+level = 10+4+3 = 17. You can still roll for the Expert Treat Wounds (it'd be 1d20+10 vs DC 20, so 55% chance), but you can't use Assurance to hit it.

If you want to revise your third level skill increase and put it into something other than Medicine, I'm down with that.

Grimmylow patches everyone up, although not as quickly as he initially promised. Assurance on DC 15 Treat Wounds will work, just takes more time.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

When the heroes have traveled another few hours up the Granary Road, approaching where it meets the main road to Absalom, they see a statue of a centaur stands in the road, an angry look on her face. Much of the centaur’s haunches and flank have crumbled away. Thick brambles line the road on either side, with a small gap to the southeast.

New Slide up, but please don't move your icons. Describe how you're investigating, and things may or may not happen.

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

The Orc steps forward carefully, studying the statue and the creature that it depicts. investigate action

Esoteric Lore: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 -2 if using (any) knowledge, and not E.L.

Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

Thorn tags along rather silent

"Statue of centaur? I never saw it here, I wonder who is the sculptor?"


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Beggar So peers at the statue from where he stands, trying to observe anything abnormal.

Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

He then steps into the bushes, trying to conceal himself in case anything jumps out at the party.

Stealth +8

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

Buzz swoops low from above, looking fr obvious signs of tracks or a trail that would be difficult to see from the ground level.


Perc +8 | 25 feet | Spell DC 18 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 3 HP 40/40 | AC: 17 | F +9 R +7 W +10

"A lady centaur statue? Maybe someone made it to honor Narala," Grimmylow says, approaching it. "But I wonder why they made her look so mad."


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

Argh ... post got eaten. I'm not going to roll again because the dice all changed.

Buzz flies up and spies a creature hanging out in the brambles to the west of the statue. Kzem recognizes it as a basilisk: an eight-legged reptile with a nasty disposition and the ability to turn creatures to stone with its gaze. A basilisk prefers to eat petrified flesh. Once a victim has been turned to stone, the basilisk crunches the fossilized corpse with its powerful jaws and lets its potent stomach acids do the rest. This digestive process is extremely slow and inefficient, causing the basilisk to move so lethargically that it appears as if in mid-petrification itself. This has even led to the saying “as slow as a well-fed basilisk.” This was a straight Arcana check, and not Esoteric Lore for Exploit Vulnerability.

--Round 1
Buzz (30/30) / Loudmouth (30/30)
Basilisk (-0 hp, partial cover, Recall: Arcana or Nature)
Kzem (45/45)
Thorn (43/43)
Beggar So (47/47, observed)
Grimmylow (40/40)

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

Buzz urges Loudmouth to get a little lower Current Height 10' as he drops several bombs across the ground over the creature. The noxius fumes cause Loudmouth to vomit ontop of the basilisk's back as the vulture gets sick.

Lesser Blight Bomb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage (Poison): 1d6 ⇒ 6 + 1 Poison Splash and 1d4 Persistent Poison
DC 17 Fort or Sickened 1, Sickened 2 on a crit

Lesser Acid Flask: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 5 = 9
1 Acid Damage + 1 Acid Splash + 1d6 Persistent Acid
DC 17 Fort or Sickened 1, Sickened 2 on a crit

◆ Command Loudmouth
◆ Loudmouth Stride
◆ Loudmouth Support Vomit
◆ Strike
◆Strike

Status:

HP 30/30
AC 120
Hero Point 0/3
Infused Alchemical Items 7/7
1x Lesser Acid Flask 1/2
1x Lesser Alchemist's Fire (Signature Item) 3/3
1x Lesser Blight Bomb (Signature Item) 5/6
1x Minor Elixir of Life 2/2
1x Skunk Bomb 2/2
1x Lesser Ghost Charge 2/2

Loudmouth
HP 30/30
AC 17

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

"Avert your eyes, if you can. This is a basilisk, and it can turn you to stone"


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

Buzz drops two bombs, both missing, but the first managing to splash the basilisk. The second misses completely.

◆◆ The basilisk glares back at Buzz. Buzz, make a DC 22 Fortitude save.

Success or Better:
You feel fine.

Failure or Worse:
You are slowed 1.

◆ Unable to Strike at Buzz, it lumbers forward.

↺ As soon as Kzem begins to act, the basilisk shoots a glance. Kzem, please make a DC 20 Fortitude save. The DC for this is lower than the DC for Buzz, but the outcome is the same.

--Round 1
Kzem (45/45, Fort save first)
Thorn (43/43)
Beggar So (47/47)
Grimmylow (40/40)

--Round 2
Buzz (30/30, Fort save first) / Loudmouth (30/30)
Basilisk (-1 hp, Recall: Arcana or Nature)

Linking ◆ Avert Gaze for reference.


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Hearing Kzem's cautionary words, Beggar So immediately dives into the bushes, pulling a shuriken from his robes. He keeps his eyes averted as he crashes through the shrubbery.

◆ Stride
◆ Interact to draw
◆ Avert Gaze


Perc +8 | 25 feet | Spell DC 18 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 3 HP 40/40 | AC: 17 | F +9 R +7 W +10

Grimmylow moves up to keep himself in the center of the group and calls down the blessings of Sarenrae.

"I thought HIS face was supposed to freeze like that!"

Casting Bless (only affects the squares around me for the moment.

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

DC 20 Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Hero Point: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Attempting to divert the creature's attentions, Kzem strides forward toward the threatening statue maker. "Grimmy, stick me in your church if it turns me to stone..."

He lifts his shield out in front of him, and averts his eyes before circling around back and in behind the lizard.

◆ Stride
◆ Shield
◆ Avert

Status:
HP 45/45
AC 20 (Shield 22)
Hero Points: 1 -> 0
Conditions: Raised Shield, Avert Eyes
Esoteric Lore: None

351 to 397 of 397 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PF2] Troubles in Otari (GM Watery Soup) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.