[PF2] Troubles in Otari (GM Watery Soup)

Game Master Watery Soup

Current Maps and Art
Hero Points: So 1, Buzz 2, Grimmylow 2, Kzem 2, Thorn 2

Slide Archive (LARGE)
Loot & Macros


51 to 100 of 397 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

THorn looks at the healing being done as he reloads his rifle.

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

"Ready to get back on the trail, guys?" Grimmylow says.

He clearly is, though he goes to the pig, grabs it by the tail and starts dragging it along with him.

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

Buzz swoops back overhead, "Ready. I can scout a little ahead to make sure there are no more boards."


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

With Buzz scouting and Grimmylow's load getting lighter as he nibbles off the juiciest bits of cartilage from the boar carcass, the rest of the journey is uneventful.

After about an hour of travel, the thick forest begins to thin before the trail opens onto a long stretch of a coarse gravel beach, the shining blue waves of the Inner Sea rolling beyond to the south.

See Slide 2 for an overview. I will put a tactical map on Slide 1 when we enter Initiative Mode.

A cliff rises along the beach’s northern edge. The largest building is a wooden house built on weathered stilts with a porch wrapping around the south and east and doors along the west, east, and south walls. A raised outbuilding to the east shares the main building’s porch, while three smaller outbuildings stand to the west. A drying rack and drying table stand near these western structures. Near the porch sits an old rowboat and weathered oar, pulled high to avoid the tide, and a pile of dirty fishing nets.

I've labeled these things on the map according to the descriptions for clarity. Rather than move individual icons on this map, you can move the concentric red circles to indicate where the party as a whole is moving.

It's mid-afternoon when you arrive at the camp. What would you like to do? Where would you like to explore first? What are your exploration activities?

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

Grimmylow frowns and cocks his head to the side when he sees the ocean. "OH! THAT kind of fishing! Fancy!" he says when he realizes the scope of this fishing lodge.

"I thought we were just going to be next to a lake or river."

He may be an adventurer and favored by Sarenrae, but Grimmylow is still a goblin and space is less important to him than survivability.

"Why don't we start with the big, freestanding outbuilding? If we need to rest or hide we can barricade ourselves in while exploring the rest of the buildings."

He points to the NW Outbuilding.

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

"If it works for him, it will work for me" Kzem speaks as he nods to the goblin.

Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

Thron looks around, taking few steps to each side to look from the sides "Sounds good, I expect to find plenty of dust and rotten wood."

Search for activity


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Beggar So reaches into a pocket of his clothing and withdraws something small. Still holding his staff in one hand, he positions himself by the opposite shoulder of Grimmylow.

Basically to position himself so that throwing a ranged weapon won't interfere with Grimmy.

"You lead, my little friend. I'm right behind you. Just duck when I tell you to."

Avoid Notice

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

"Me?" Grimmylow asks with a gulp and big eyes up to Beggar So.

He gulps again and mutters to himself (what is probably prayers) as he slowly approaches the door.

Search is also my activity.

When he gets to the door, he looks around at the rest of the group carefully.

"Here we go..." he says hesitantly before jerking the door open and ducking out of the way.

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

"Let me do a loop around in the sky and see if there are any threats lurking about outside." Buzz climbs atop his vulture and does a few laps overhead, looking out for anything out of the ordinary.

After a few moments he lands and is ready to enter the small shack with the others, relaying what he found.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

This large shed was built for smoking large batches of the fish camp’s daily hauls. It has no windows, and if the door is closed, it’s completely dark inside.

The door creaks open on battered hinges, releasing a putrid stench. Racks for smoking fish fill most of the dark space within, some still holding scraps of scale and bone. A faint sloshing sound comes from a vile-smelling puddle in the center of the floor.

Whoever was assigned to empty out this shed either forgot or shirked that particular responsibility, and the last batch of fish set in here to smoke has long since rotted into a sludge so foul that it has come alive. As soon as the door is opened, the two puddles of slude surge up and toward the light, fresh air, and sustenance.

Slide 1 for tactical map.

GM Screen:

So (Stealth): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27
Buzz (Scout): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15
Grimmylow (Search): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 = 21
Kzem (Search): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15
Thorn (Search): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12
Oozes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

--Round 1
So (34/34)
Grimmylow (30/30)
Buzz (22/22)
Kzem (31/32)

Red Ooze (-0 hp)
Blue Ooze (-0 hp)
Thorn (30/30)

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

Kzem steps into the room and works his way around the western edge to the back corner.

E.L. vs Standard DC Creature Level: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Shield Boss: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Damage (b): 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 + either highest weakness, or weakness of 3 (if EL wasn't a critical failure)

◆ Stride
◆ EL
◆ Strike


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Beggar So steps up to the door and hurls the small object he had taken out of his pocket at Red.

Shuriken vs Red: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Ranged Damage; Shuriken: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

He drops his walking staff and assumes a fighting stance.

◆ Step
◆ Strike
◆ Stoked Flame Stance

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

"Oh man...that needs to be cooked," Grimmylow grimaces as the fish slime starts to move.

He goes into the room and starts cooking.

Burning Hands DC17 Basic Reflex saves (gets both): 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

Kzem is unable to find anything in his esoterica pouch that would matter to the oozes. Instead, he chooses a small stick of incense, Red seems to dislike. Failure on EL. He walks up and smashes it with his shield, which actually does some damage. AC <= 10

So throws a shuriken, which hits, but not in any vital organ, because it has none. Mechanically, your Strike hit AC+10, but it's immune to crits. AC <= 8 (!)

Grimmylow, recognizing that this smokehouse has no smoke, tries to burn the oozes.

Red Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 vs DC 17
Blue Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 vs DC 17

--Round 1
So (34/34, stoked flame stance)
Grimmylow (30/30)
Buzz (22/22)
Kzem (31/32, personal antithesis vs Red)
Red Ooze (-13 hp)
Blue Ooze (-6 hp)
Thorn (30/30)

Buzz - are you still riding your vulture? Your choice.

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

Not while we enter buildings. Outside and in caverns with ceilings over 10' I likely will.

Buzz pulls out stingers and begins to pepper the lead ooze-like substance with small darts. Target Red

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 2

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 5 = 11
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 3

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 7 - 10 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 10 = 15
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 3

◆ Buzz Strike
◆ Buzz Strike
◆ Buzz Strike

Status:

HP 22/22
AC 19
Hero Point 0/3
Infused Alchemical Items 6/6
1x Lesser Acid Flask 2/2
1x Lesser Alchemist's Fire (Signature Item) 3/3
1x Lesser Blight Bomb (Signature Item) 3/3
1x Minor Elixir of Life 2/2
1x Skunk Bomb 2/2
1x Lesser Ghost Charge 2/2

Loudmouth
HP 22/22
AC 16


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

Buzz fires a stinger, which hits, but the injected poison seems to be doing nothing. Immune to poison. Do you want to revise your other two actions?

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

Can go ahead for now, I'll change tactics next turn.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

OMG ... my bad ... they're not immune to poison. Sorry.

Buzz puts three stingers into the ooze, and it writhes with pain.

Long tendrils extend from Red's body, lashing out at 1d3 ⇒ 3 So. But first, its body swells, and with a large belch, releases a large wave of filth that covers everyone except for the flying Buzz. DC 17 Reflex save for everyone vs Acid: 1d4 ⇒ 3 plus -10' Speed

Red Pseudopod vs So: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 plus Acid: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Red Pseudopod vs So, MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 5 = 20
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 plus Acid: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Blue also belches, releasing a similar wave. Another DC 17 Reflex save for everyone except Buzz, Acid: 1d4 ⇒ 1, then reaches out towards 1d3 ⇒ 1 Kzem.

Blue Pseudopod vs Kzem: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 plus Acid: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Blue Pseudopod vs Kzem, MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 5 = 14
Bludgeoning: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 plus Acid: 1d4 ⇒ 2

--Round 1
Thorn (30/30, Reflex vs -3 hp, Reflex vs -1 hp)
--Round 2
So (24/34, stoked flame stance, Reflex vs -3 hp, Reflex vs -1 hp)
Grimmylow (30/30, Reflex vs -3 hp, Reflex vs -1 hp)
Buzz (22/22)
Kzem (31/32, personal antithesis vs Red, Reflex vs -3 hp, Reflex vs -1 hp)

Red Ooze (-21 hp)
Blue Ooze (-6 hp)


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Reflex vs -3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Reflex vs -1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Beggar So fails to dodge both acid sprays and he slips and slides on the second one. He steps into the room and unleashes two strikes on Red.

Flashing Spark; 1st Attack, vs Red, FF: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Flashing Spark; 1st Attack Damage, Slashing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Flashing Spark; 2nd Attack, vs Red, FF: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Flashing Spark; 2nd Attack Damage, Slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Combine Damage before applying weaknesses/resistances. Add 1d6 Persistent Fire on a crit. (unless they're immune to fire).

He turns and slashes at Blue as well.

Flashing Spark; 3rd+ Attack: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (12) - 3 = 9
Flashing Spark; 3rd Attack Damage, Slashing: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

◆ Step
◆ Flurry vs Red
◆ Strike vs Blue

Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

Reflex DC17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Reflex DC17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

With his gun in hand he moves into the doorway and shoots at the ooze

Boom@red: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Damage, concusive (p or b): 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Then he reloads

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

Refl: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Refl: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Grimmylow manages to avoid the first splash but narrowly dodges into the second.

He wraps himself in the protections of Sarenrae Shield.

Then, provides them to Kzem from the Red fish slime. Forbidding Ward.

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

Buzz and Loudmouth are on the ground since we are entering a small building.

Buzz Reflex DC 17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Loudmouth Reflex DC 17: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 +1 vs Disease

Both Buzz and Loudmouth are covered in filth from the belch. While Loudmouth may be more used to that disgusting aspect, uzz certainly was not and it made him start gagging as well. "That's gross." He slings off a small handfull and chucks it to the ground, flinging more tiny poisonous darts at the ooze.

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 3

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 5 = 11
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 3

Sting Shot: 1d20 + 7 - 10 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 10 = 15
Damage (Poison): 1d4 ⇒ 4

◆ Buzz Strike
◆ Buzz Strike
◆ Buzz Strike

Status:

HP 16/22
AC 19
Hero Point 0/3
Infused Alchemical Items 6/6
1x Lesser Acid Flask 2/2
1x Lesser Alchemist's Fire (Signature Item) 3/3
1x Lesser Blight Bomb (Signature Item) 3/3
1x Minor Elixir of Life 2/2
1x Skunk Bomb 2/2
1x Lesser Ghost Charge 2/2

Loudmouth
HP 19/22
AC 16

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

Reflex 1, DC 17, 3 HP: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Reflex 1, DC 17, 1 HP: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

4 Damage

Avoiding the worst of the blows, Kzem is unable to avoid the acidic vapor from the creatures. Taking stock of the situation, he drives his shield into the ooze.

Shield Boss, vs flat: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 Damage (b): 1d6 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 3 = 14
Shield Boss, MAP, vs flat: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Damage (b): 1d6 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 3 = 13

Then he withdrawals his shield and raises it in front of him.

◆ Strike
◆ Strike
◆ Raise Shield


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

So walks in and punches the Red ooze twice, downing it. Not immune to fire, but it is immune to crits. He punches Blue once as well, hitting.

Thorn moves in and gets a shot off at Blue, hitting the blob.

Grimmylow dodges the waves, and then shields himself and Kzem against the remaining blob.

Buzz sends a flurry of stingers, all of which plunk into the ooze. Botting two more Reflex saves, because there was two waves.

Buzz vs 2nd wave: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Loudmouth vs 2nd wave: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Kzem smashes the ooze with his shield, squishing it past the point of no return. Heh, that second Strike would have been the first miss ... the thing had an AC of 8.

--End of Combat!
Thorn (26/30)
So (19/34)
Grimmylow (28/30)
Buzz (16/22) / Loudmouth (18/22)
Kzem (27/32)

Let me know how you want to heal up, and depending on how long that takes, whether you want to rest or not.


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

If an hour has passed, I can try healing myself.

Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (7, 2) = 9

Beggar So grimaces in pain at the acid on his skin. He heads to the nearest patch of dirt and rolls around in it in an attempt to neutralize it, much to the shock of his companions.

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

"Oh yeah! Rub some dirt in it! That's what my great nana Dessi always said! Good idea, So."

Grimmylow sets to work patching up his companions, using liberal amounts of dirt in the process.

Medicine - Treat Wounds (Thorn): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
HP: 2d8 ⇒ (7, 2) = 9

Medicine - Treat Wounds (Buzz): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
HP: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

Medicine - Treat Wounds (Loudmouth): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
HP: 2d8 ⇒ (2, 8) = 10

Medicine - Treat Wounds (Kzem): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
HP: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 7) = 11

Grimmylow's only down 2 so he won't treat himself and I missed the mark on Buzz but I can do Battlemedicine on him, if needed.

After everyone is healed up, Grimmylow steps out into the sunlight, holds his holy symbol up so that the sun forms a halo around it and prays to Sarenrae.

Refocusing to get Burning hands, back. It all takes 50 minutes. So I think we should keep moving. Especially since, if we just adventure for 10 minutes I can start Treating Wounds on everyone again.

Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

"Thanks Grimmy" says Thorn looking through the items in the shack

"What nasty bloobs! How rude!"


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

--Current Status
Time: late afternoon

Thorn (30/30)
So (28/34)
Grimmylow (28/30)
Buzz (16/22) / Loudmouth (22/22)
Kzem (32/32)

Where to, next? I've updated Slide 2.

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

"Let's look at the little buildings next," Grimmylow says, leaning out the door and pointing to the closest one. (West Outbuilding)

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

"Sounds like a plan." Buzz swoops over to the next building as he follows Grimmylow, wiping slime and goop from his thorax.

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

"The Doc strikes again. I don't remember there being so much mud the last time... but what do I know about healing anyways. I appreciate the patch up!"

As long as I don't get tetanus... the thoughts he leaves unsaid.

Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

"Yes, let us try the two small buildings. Stay alert!"

Says the dwarf wielding his loaded weapon


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

The heroes throw open the doors, expecting more surprises, but these simple sheds merely hold fishing rods, boxes of tackle, and various tools for cleaning and preserving fish.

All together, the gear in these two sheds make up 10 sets of fishing tackle. Each set can be sold for 4 sp.

I'll assume you pause after that for another round of Treat Wounds. After that, it's pushing dinnertime, so you can explore some more or find a place to rest for the night. I'll need a destination for either.

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

"Oh! A torture chamber!" Grimmylow says, examining the hooks and knives and whipping rods.

After looking around for a few minutes he resumes his medical ministrations...using gear he finds in the room.

Medicine Treat Wounds - So: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
HP Healed: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

Medicine Treat Wounds - Grimmylow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
HP Healed: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 1) = 9

Medicine Treat Wounds - Buzz: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
HP Healed: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

It's amazing what you can do with fishhooks.

Two of those are crits I'm going to regret not having later but in both cases they're unnecessary.

That's another 30 minutes. I vote we look at the last building on this side then retreat to the larger shack for the night.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

I opened both sheds already, they're small and they both have the same thing, just storage.


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

"I think you and I will get along well, my little friend. A little dirt never hurt anyone!" Beggar So grins at Grimmylow.

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

"Sarenrae's light is beginning to fade for the day," Grimmylow says, looking toward the setting sun.

"Let's head to the big shed and wait out the night."


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

Where are you going to sleep?

Horizon Hunters

Male Orc Thaumaturge - 3 (Hero Points: 1)|HP 45/45|AC 20 (22 Shield)| F +9, R +8, W +7 Implement (Mirror)| Perc +7, Diplo + 10, Intim +8, Esoteric Lore +10, Athl +8. ALL Recall Know +8|Conditions: Icons: ◆◇↺

If we have capacity, we could push our explorations one or two doors further. Afterall, we only spend about 10 minutes of today actually exploring- the rest has been the Blessing of Sarenrae tending to our wounds. "

I am ok with resting too. I don't love the idea of sleeping here if we have other options though


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

Beggar So is a hermit. He's not choosy where he sleeps :)

Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

"We could take a peek inside, there could be beds, couches in there. Maybe even a keg of beer!"

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

"I usually sleep in a bush or tree, but any place with a bed sounds better. Usually a hawk or swallow tries to gobble me up." Buzz shivers at the though of being swallowed whole or fed to some birds babies.

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

Grimmylow shrugs. "If you guys want to look around some more, we can look around some more. I still have plenty of blessings from Sarenrae."


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

Aight, not sure if there's a consensus or not. Are you resting for the night? If so, where? I've put a map on Slide 1 so you can arrange yourselves.


N Male Human | Hermit | Monk Lvl 3 | ◆◇↺ | HP 47/47 | AC 20 | F/R/W: 9/10/8 | Perc(T) +6 | 35 feet (40 Stoked Flame Stance) | Class DC 18 | Athletics/Acrobatics/Stealth: +8, Nature/Medicine: +6, Desert Lore/Occultism: +5, Thievery(U): +3, Religion(U)/Survival(U): +1 | Exploration Activity: Avoid Notice | Hero Points: 1/3 |

If we're bedding down for the night, Beggar So will sleep against the side of the building.

He turns to Buzz. "You may nest in my hair if you wish."

Horizon Hunters

| Male Dwarf Gunslinger 3 | HP 43/43 | AC 20 (+2 AC first round of init) | F +10 R +10 W +9 | Perc +9 (dark vision) | Default Exploration: Search | Speed 25ft | hero points 1 | Active Conditions: None

It seems that I have pushed us into exploring further, sorry about that. If casters want to rest, let's rest

Radiant Oath

Perc +7 | 25 feet | Spell DC 17 | Active Conditions: none NG Male Goblin(Unbreakable) Cleric(Sarenrae) 2 HP 30/30 | AC: 16 | F +6 R +6 W +9

I've only used one non-replenishable spell. We can keep going.

Horizon Hunters

Sprite | HP 30/30 AC: 20 | F: +7 R: +10, W: +6 | Perception: +6 (Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Scout |

I am good on resources. I think we are resting due to it getting late in the day

Buzz nestles up nearby in Beggar So's hair and hat for the evening. "Let's not go to far away."

Loudmouth flies up to the top of the building nearby, ready to make lots of noise if anything comes close.


(he/him) | Troubles in Otari | 1-13 | Icons: ◆◇↺

Loudmouth flies to the top of a nearby shed, while So leans against the main building with Buzz in his hair. Adjusting Slide 1 to reflect these changes. The remainder of the crew spread out on the ground, and everyone takes turns taking a watch at night, in alphabetical order, as watches are always arranged.

1d5 ⇒ 3

Grimmylow is pacing around, counting the number of goblin shapes he sees in the stars when a quiet ripple draws his attention to the water. Through the darkness, he sees two crocodiles trying to sneak up on the his sleeping companions. Buzz also happens to hear, and wake up independently. Rolling Perception for Initiative.

GM Screen:

So Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Buzz Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Grimmylow Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Kzem Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Thorn Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Crocodile: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Grimmylow sounds the alarm, and everyone wakes up with a jolt.

The group has a bonus round to prepare (lol carryover from PF1). Grimmylow is awake and wearing "armor" (I don't believe he wears armor, but if he did, he would be wearing it). Buzz is awake, and will have 3 actions. Everyone else will begin prone [1 action to stand], and will not be wearing any armor.

The moon lights everything with dim light. Those with darkvision and low-light vision are fine. Those with normal vision will need to make a DC 5 low light flat check.

--Bonus Round
Grimmylow (armored, darkvision)
Buzz (unarmored, low-light vision)
Kzem (prone, unarmored, darkvision)
So (prone, normal vision)
Thorn (prone, unarmored, darkvision)

--Round 1
Red Crocodile (-0 hp)
Blue Crocodile (-0 hp)
Grimmylow (30/30, armored AC 16)
Buzz (22/22, unarmored AC 17) / Loudmouth (22/22)
Kzem (32/32, unarmored AC 15)
So (34/34, unarmored AC 19)
Thorn (30/30, unarmored AC 17)

51 to 100 of 397 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PF2] Troubles in Otari (GM Watery Soup) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.