Dreadfulness in Dunwich PF1e+

Game Master DeJoker

Bale Keep Map

Dunwich:

Dunwich is a somewhat backwater fishing town situated on southern side of the Dunwater River and sandwiched between the Dunwater Marsh and the Monmurg Bay. This makes it tucked away on the south-western coast of the Kingdom of Keoland. Just north of Dunwich is a small monastery dedicated to Heironeous and Bale Keep which guards the road between the town of Saltmarsh and Burle. While further south are other small fishing villages and guard towers. Many folks from Dunwich serve as staff and support for the keep and the town tends to travelers between Saltmarsh and Burle.

This will be a semi-sandbox game based in a non-canon village located in the Viscounty of Salinmoor in the south-western region of Keoland which is located within the Sheldomar Valley within the western area of the Flanaess on the continent of Oerick on the planet Oereth. Dunwich is smaller but similar to its more famous cousin Saltmarsh which is located just to the northeast. As every character will have hailed from or hail from Dunwich there will be special Backgrounds to choose from that will tie the character more tightly into the village.


551 to 599 of 599 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human Evoker 3

William's Fortitude Save 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
William's Fortitude Save 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
William's Fortitude Save 3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
William's Fortitude Save 4: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


After slightly stumbling back around the corner out of sight of the area where the enemy was and then feeling worse and sitting down.
Where he will pass out within the next 4 rounds if the poison is not counter acted.

Salaha can easily see that William has collapsed against the nearby wall.


M Dwarf Inquisitor(Living Grimoire) 3HP28/37,Init5,F7R2W6,AC18T13FF16

Dain tries to help William.
Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


To Dáin it appears mere healing skills would not be enough, as it appears William needs a boost to his ability to resist poisons. Some kind of magical aid to either stop the poison's progression or William would most likely succumb whatever this poison ultimately does. Which Dáin is not sure at this point what that final outcome might be. Goblin poisons could be lethal but this does not seem like a Goblin poison he had every heard of.

OCC: Any one else want to try something prior to William passing out.


Male Grippli

Heal, Know (Nature) and/or Survival? That's all I've got.


OCC: Heal Skill -- Treat Poison: To treat a poison means to tend to a single character who has been poisoned and who is going to take more damage from the poison (or suffer some other effect). Every time the poisoned character makes a saving throw against the poison, the character can make a Heal check. If their Heal check exceeds the DC of the poison, the character receives a +4 competence bonus on their Save against the poison.

Well the Poison DC is 15 and Dáin tried but failed this round so Grün can make an attempt this round as well. A success would terminate the Poison effect.

Then if Grün fails, in the next round they can make rolls but William already succeeded on that roll so kind of makes the skill rolls pointless but I would still have the two of them working together to help William we just do not need the skill roll that round.

Then the last round maybe Dáin or Grün might want to Aid the other but totally up to you guys. Put your eggs in one basic with a minor bonus or go with multiple baskets. Basically a success on this Skill in this round would prevent William from being rendered unconscious for several minutes. Assuming this round assist by Grün fails.


Male Grippli

Heal, poison: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


OOC: Okay so that leaves Salaha if she has Heal to give it a try and the decision to either do it individually or collectively. Unless Salaha or Dáin have a magical means to counter the poison.


M Dwarf Inquisitor(Living Grimoire) 3HP28/37,Init5,F7R2W6,AC18T13FF16

Nope


Female Aquatic Elf Druid 3

Nature to see if I know the poison?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
heal to see if I can get it without any other knowledge of the poison: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Salaha searches her memory to see if she knows the poison. If she does or doesn't, she is going to try and heal it the best she knows how , as she has no spells ready to deal with a poison.

"I hope this helps, as I can do little with the information that I have, outside of having been affected previously."


Male Human Evoker 3

"I don't think I can make it through this," says William. "I have to sit down."[/b]

William finds a place to sit down.


Salaha's administrations seems to have done the trick, and as William sits he can feel the passing of the wooziness that he might have otherwise succumbed to.

OCC: Okay well William will back on his feet so how does the group wish to proceed.


Female Aquatic Elf Druid 3

After helping William through the poison both had suffered from, she asks the group, after checking to see if any of her bolts can be reused and any equipment gathered from the fallen goblins. " We saw more back in the cave, and they are somewhat well armed. I am curious of their poison, and to see how they got these arms. We may be doing good work to remove them, is everyone okay with moving forward?"


Male Grippli

Poison... probably, plant or animal.


M Dwarf Inquisitor(Living Grimoire) 3HP28/37,Init5,F7R2W6,AC18T13FF16

Who all is wounded? I have a wand here that can heal injuries.

Dain taps himself with the wand. CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Stone replies, "I am okay and I am okay with moving forward as well but how do we want to proceed? I could enter first and charge the nearest enemy to perhaps prevent their ranged tactics they have demonstrated thus far, assuming those tactics will not change. They seem to be trying to wear us down and we have no idea of how many more encounters we must face before getting to the final battle. This is to say I am a rather simple fighter not a strategist nor tactician."


M Dwarf Inquisitor(Living Grimoire) 3HP28/37,Init5,F7R2W6,AC18T13FF16

Stone and I could shield wall and advance while others shoot over our heads. Or if anyone has spears you can attack from the second rank


Female Aquatic Elf Druid 3

Salaha steps to Dain and touches his shoulder, her mouth muttering a few words as her hands glow. After a moment Dain would feel his skin be a bit thicker, hopefully in an effort to help him in the upcoming fight.

" Here, this spell should toughen your skin in the melee against them. It shall last a few minutes, so we have time to maybe get in a few scraps before hand. Watch out though, for as the waves crash on rocks, they can sometimes break."

Casting Barkskin on Dain for a +2 to natural armor. It might be helpful.


Stone nods, "Sounds like solid tactic Dáin, so is everyone else good with that plan."

OCC: Dáin I will let you get a chance to heal folks if you feel they need it before moving forward, once I am confident the current damage values for the PCs is correct.

However, unless I am mistaken all I think Grün and William need are successful Heal checks by someone to Treat Deadly Wounds DC 20 This can restore hit points to a damaged creature with a successful Heal check restoring 1 Hit Point per Level of the creature. If the DC is exceeded by 5 or more, add one's Wisdom modifier (if positive) to this amount. A creature can only benefit from this within 24 hours of being injured and never more than once per day. One must expend 2 uses from a Healer’s Kit to perform this task. The DC of the Heal check is increased by 2 for each use from a Healer’s Kit that one does not have.


Male Grippli

Treat Deadly Wounds DC 24: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Female Aquatic Elf Druid 3

treat deadly wounds: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Salaha does her best to help patch up and other wounds the group has before moving out with them towards the other goblins to defeat. There could be treasure at the end after all.


M Dwarf Inquisitor(Living Grimoire) 3HP28/37,Init5,F7R2W6,AC18T13FF16

Heal deadly wounds aid another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Female Aquatic Elf Druid 3

After checking to make sure everyone is ready, she ask the group, " Snapper is stealthy in these type of environments, but we do need one who can talk about what is seen. Anyone able to, or should I perhaps go ahead with him?"


Male Human Evoker 3

"I think Grün should scout," says William, trying to keep a clear head.


Male Grippli

The grippli looks at the human, but doesn't argue... there is reason to his words.

Grun moves to where the enemy last was, wary of ambush.

Perception, low-light: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


OCC: Okay Grün I will ask this time but in the future if not stated I will assume normal mid ground movement.

Oh and technically where the enemy was last, was to the far left and the far right. Thus I am sort of assuming you advance forward towards where that one enemy recently fled which was mid ground.

So how is Grün approaching this cave opening, which is smaller than the chamber you are in. On the left ground, mid ground, right ground, low left wall, mid left wall, high left wall, low right wall, mid right wall, high right wall, left ceiling, mid ceiling, or right ceiling.

Also are you taking Snapper with or scouting alone?


Male Grippli

He's just walking, I guess normal mid ground movement. Direction-wise your assumption is correct. I don't mind Snapper coming with. Left ground.


Grün stealthly moves up towards the cave opening, hugging the left wall and cautiously peers into the beyond. What he sees is another chamber similar to the one he is currently in except that towards the far-side center is a fire with a large orb (about 1 foot tall) like object resting in its center. Past this fire appears to be a small pile of clothes. However other than this, he does not spot any Goblins. So either there are none present or they are out of his field of vision which could place them, if they were present, either near the opening but off to the left and/or right or behind the few stalagmites that are near the far outer walls of the area he is peering into. For these would the best points to launch an ambush from.


Male Grippli

Grun isn't pleased with the prospects, and returns to inform the others.


Female Aquatic Elf Druid 3

Salaha frowns at the information given, but given the pile of clothing she does worry perhaps there may be other things at play here she is unaware of. After a few moments she says " Thank you Grun. We shall proceed forward however, for to now turn back is foolish. We shall watch the orb you discovered, and clear out the rest of it. The ambush seems likely, but if you know the kelp is grabbing you, you are better able to grab it as well. We shall trigger this ambush ourselves."

She then makes ready her crossbow, and ensures everything everyone needed was set before following them deeper into the tunnels, ready to protect these new friends of her.


OCC: Note incase it was unobvious, Dáin could replenish his arrows sort-of as the Goblins not only from the 1st encounter but the 2nd one as well do have arrows and not just arrows but poisoned arrows.

I am not saying you should pick some up, but just wanted to make sure you as players know that things like this can be available during an adventure. However, unlike normal arrows these, if taken, would be quantity tracked. Which I was doing for the Goblins to which they never really got close to running out.

With that said I will do my best to get a continuation post up fairly soon using the planned that was put forth already.


M Dwarf Inquisitor(Living Grimoire) 3HP28/37,Init5,F7R2W6,AC18T13FF16

Poison arrows? Eh.. I don't want to stab myself with them.


OCC: Okay well the poison is already applied so technically you do not risk poisoning yourself when applying the poison and unless you shoot yourself with one of those arrows chances are you will not poison yourself. Still there are those who feel using any kind of poison is an evil act so that becomes more of a moral/ethical decision than one of good vs evil.

Especially since even when someone succumbs to this specific poison they seem to recover without apparent harm. The group knows this because I believe Salaha did succumb to the poison during the first encounter and simply was unconscious for about 10 minutes.

Still I am not saying that Dáin should pick up those arrows, I just want to be sure we are on the same page when it comes to expectations of what doing so might mean.


Male Grippli

Realizing arrows are available, Grun hours about collecting some.

We go soon. How you say, fight fire... with fire.


OCC: Grün can easily collect up to 12 arrows which will fill a Goblin Quiver or perhaps a few more if he wishes to replace his arrows with Goblin arrows assuming Grün has a masterwork quiver.

If Dáin wants to collect some let me know as I will need to check my notes on exactly how many are available form the current area and the previous area assuming someone wants to go back an gather arrows from there as well.


M Dwarf Inquisitor(Living Grimoire) 3HP28/37,Init5,F7R2W6,AC18T13FF16

Dain will look for some arrows.


Male Grippli

Replacing good arrows with poisoned ones, he looks around.

Anyplace else to go before advancing to his death?


Poisoned Arrows:
Arrows: 6 + 1d6 - 1d4 - 3 ⇒ 6 + (4) - (1) - 3 = 6
Arrows: 6 + 1d6 - 1d4 - 3 ⇒ 6 + (2) - (1) - 3 = 4
Arrows: 6 + 1d6 - 1d4 - 3 ⇒ 6 + (5) - (1) - 3 = 7
Arrows: 6 + 1d6 - 1d4 - 3 ⇒ 6 + (2) - (4) - 3 = 1
Arrows: 6 + 1d6 - 1d4 - 3 ⇒ 6 + (2) - (2) - 3 = 3
Arrows: 6 + 1d6 - 1d4 - 3 ⇒ 6 + (1) - (1) - 3 = 3

Total Poisoned Arrows Found: 6+4+7+1+3 = 21

Those who have a Bow let me know how you want to split up these 21 Poisoned Arrows

The group moves up to the next cave opening and cautiously enters expecting an ambush and they are quickly not disappointed. The seeming pile of clothes on the far side of the fire rises to its feet and with a scream lobs something in the direction of the group.

Lob:
Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Grenade: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Distance: 1d4 ⇒ 2
The object lands significantly short splattering its contents over the stoney ground.

Then Goblins charge at the group from the left and the right.

Goblin Initiative: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Stone Initiative: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

OCC: No one is caught Flat-Footed and those in the front-line may roll their Initiative to see if they get to attack the incoming Goblins before the Goblins get to swing.

I did Stone already, that leaves Dáin and maybe Grün and/or Snapper. Depending on how the group chose to enter.


M Dwarf Inquisitor(Living Grimoire) 3HP28/37,Init5,F7R2W6,AC18T13FF16

Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Human Evoker 3

Is William still out of commission?


M Dwarf Inquisitor(Living Grimoire) 3HP28/37,Init5,F7R2W6,AC18T13FF16

Dain will bash any incoming goblin
Book: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


OCC: William is not only not out of commission but he is fully healed.

However, the only folks that get to roll initiative is the front row, as the Goblins went first and I am graciously assuming the front row was prepared to defend themselves even though it was not stated.

However I am not extending that to the back row, since the backrow is not in immediate danger and they did not state they were readying an action.

Oh and I am waiting on Grün and Salaha to weigh in on whether Grun and Snapper are in the front row or not.


Female Aquatic Elf Druid 3

I believe that Snapper would be in the front since we are knowingly going into combat and he gives Grun a good flank, but that's gonna only work if Grun is in front as well.

Initiative for Salaha and snapper but only for Snapper if in front.: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Male Grippli

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

I didn't explicitly state nocking an arrow, can Grun draw shortbow and shoot if he uses his move as well?


Male Human Evoker 3
DunwichStoryteller wrote:

OCC: William is not only not out of commission but he is fully healed.

However, the only folks that get to roll initiative is the front row, as the Goblins went first and I am graciously assuming the front row was prepared to defend themselves even though it was not stated.

However I am not extending that to the back row, since the backrow is not in immediate danger and they did not state they were readying an action.

Oh and I am waiting on Grün and Salaha to weigh in on whether Grun and Snapper are in the front row or not.

Should I roll initiative?


OCC: No the only folks I need to roll initiative are those folks in the frontline.

That being said Grün if you are in the frontline then yes you may shoot an one of your arrows at the incoming targets. Otherwise you must wait until the Goblin's finish their attack. So please advise so I know what to do


Male Grippli

I was point... tip of the spear, baby!

Grun shoots a poisoned arrow at the enemy!

atk, goblin, shortbow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
dmg, goblin, poisoned arrow, Fort Save: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Are they running, No Dex to AC?


OCC: Okay Salaha it seems Snapper is in the front row so I need an attack from Snapper.

No Grün they are not running, there were close enough to move to attack. I will of course randomly roll who they attack in order to put them in place but I am not going to sweat any minute details of how that came to be. Anymore than I nit pick over some of the things PCs do, I only at times try to clarify so that I do not make a bad assumption.


Female Aquatic Elf Druid 3

Snapper bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
damage if hit: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Salaha may not have been exactly on point to attack anything nor even close enough, but Snapper took aim at one of the enemies

551 to 599 of 599 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dreadfulness in Dunwhich PF1e+ All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.