Dark Tower

Game Master brvheart

Watch Order:
1st: Jhenn, Fralk
2nd: Ciri, Faffnyr
3rd: Thoron, Slim

Order of March:
single:
Thoron, Fralk, Slim, Ciri, Jhenn, Faffnyr
double:
Thoron and Fralk, Slim and Ciri, Jhenn and Faffnyr with bringing up the rear.


Something seemed odd about this town, Mitra’s Fist. And the tavern they were in, The Overlord’s Inn, was certainly
a bit strange as well. [Everyone in the town seemed to stare at them as they walked through, and he had heard more
than one comment about how they didn’t get any visitors here anymore. He began to wonder if they had made a
mistake coming here, but what choice did they have after their guide had died from a scorpion’s bite and a sandstorm
had driven them into this mysterious mountain pass?


3,451 to 3,500 of 3,576 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>

male Human Void Pact Wizard 7
Spoiler:
AC 13/T12/FF12 HP 19/27 F+8 R+2 W+8 Init +7 Perception +3

KnowNat: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Faffnyr quickly casts Haste on his companions, to speed up his companions.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

They are wererats.


Female Human Paladin-8 | HP 88 / 88 AC 27 T 12 FF 23| Lay Hands 7/7 (4d6) | Smite 3/3 | CMB +xx/+xx CMD xx | F +13 R +7 W +11| Init + 1

Jhen steps forward swinging the Hart of Law liking how it feels in her hands.

Attack 1, haste, power attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
Damage 1, power attack: 1d10 + 10 + 9 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 9 + 3 + (4, 4) = 31

Attack 2, haste, power attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25
Damage 2, power attack: 1d10 + 10 + 9 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 9 + 3 + (3, 4) = 30

Attack 3, haste, power attack: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
Damage 3, power attack: 1d10 + 10 + 9 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 9 + 3 + (6, 1) = 37


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Anyone for rat tar tar? Yeah, he is not standing up to 98 hp in damage. 1 dead.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Jim
No Mi Name
Thoron
Ciri


Human Swashbuckler 8 | HP 45 / 71 AC 25 T19 FF18 | Panache 4/4 | CMB +8 CMD 27 | F +8 R +12 W +7(10*) init +7 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Acrobatics +16 Diplomacy +14 Escape Artist +12 Intimidate +14 Kn: Local +9 Perception +12 Ride +9

Jim grunted as he was pinked by Sinstar's sword and then he watched Jhen mete out the law. Impressed and inspired he waited for an opening and lunged for the rat, and followed this up with two quick strikes!

Hasted: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 16 + 1 = 34Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 9 = 22
Crit?: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 16 + 1 = 33Crit Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Primary: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 16 + 1 = 34Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 9 = 21
Crit?: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 1 = 22Crit Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Iterative: 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 16 + 1 - 5 = 30Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 9 = 21
Crit?: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 16 + 1 = 27Crit Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Then he took a half step back on the balls of his feet, focusing on parrying any response.

Opportune Parry and Riposte, including haste:

Parry?: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 16 + 1 = 30
Riposte!: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 1 = 20Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 9 = 21
Parry #2: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 1 = 20
Parry #3: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 16 + 1 = 19


Female Half Eldar Elf Arcanist (Black Blade Adept) 8; Atk +6; Percpn +14; AC 22 MA CL8/21 W/O, T15, FF22; hp 67; Init +4; Fort +8 Ref +7, Will +9

Attacking her

spell storing bastard sword zireael gwyhyr, Black Blade Strike, Arcane Strike: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

concentration: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

Haste attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

zireael gwyhyr Attack spellstrike shocking grasp, spell stored vampiric touch: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

zireael gwyhyr Damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

zireael gwyhyr Damage Haste: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

zireael gwyhyr Damage SpellStrike with shocking grasp and vampiric touch: 1d10 + 10 + 5d6 + 3d6 ⇒ (8) + 10 + (6, 3, 6, 4, 6) + (3, 3, 3) = 52


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Both wererats are dead. xp=800 each.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Paladin-8 | HP 88 / 88 AC 27 T 12 FF 23| Lay Hands 7/7 (4d6) | Smite 3/3 | CMB +xx/+xx CMD xx | F +13 R +7 W +11| Init + 1

While cleaning her sword of the gore Jhenn cautioned, ”check yourself for bites less this corruption infect you.” She begins searching the corpses, ”Lets see what these creatures have. Hopefully something to help us with our task.”

She will then check the secret door where the wererats sprung their ambush from.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/6

"Sheesh you all got rid of them quick"


Female Half Eldar Elf Arcanist (Black Blade Adept) 8; Atk +6; Percpn +14; AC 22 MA CL8/21 W/O, T15, FF22; hp 67; Init +4; Fort +8 Ref +7, Will +9

That is why we came back to level 1, to be ready and able for what's next.


Female Half Eldar Elf Arcanist (Black Blade Adept) 8; Atk +6; Percpn +14; AC 22 MA CL8/21 W/O, T15, FF22; hp 67; Init +4; Fort +8 Ref +7, Will +9
Fralk ibn Sabbah wrote:
We did? The goblin... prepares to die.

hey Enigo Montoya, where are you. Your not dead yet.

Detect Magic Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Ciri Princess of Cintra wrote:
Fralk ibn Sabbah wrote:
We did? The goblin... prepares to die.

hey Enigo Montoya, where are you. Your not dead yet.

[dice=Detect Magic Perception]1d20 + 14

[dice=Spellcraft]1d20 + 15

Sinstar

Rapier and dagger

Avvala
heavy mace and necklace


Female Half Eldar Elf Arcanist (Black Blade Adept) 8; Atk +6; Percpn +14; AC 22 MA CL8/21 W/O, T15, FF22; hp 67; Init +4; Fort +8 Ref +7, Will +9

Cast Identify

Spellcraft rapier: 1d20 + 15 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 10 = 31

Spellcraft adamantine dagger dc33: 1d20 + 15 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 15 + 10 = 43

Spellcraft mace: 1d20 + 15 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 10 = 34

Spellcraft ring: 1d20 + 15 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 15 + 10 = 32

Spellcraft lion headed smulet: 1d20 + 15 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 10 = 41

Appraised carved malachite, diamond & silver cup: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Appraised leather srmor: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

+1 rapier
+2 athame of venom
+1 Mace
Ring of Force shield
Eye of Mitra
Mitra’s Eye
(The Lion Amulet) A lion headed amulet with a large topaz
in its mouth; it is an Amulet of Amplification. It places the
bearer under a continuous prayer spell that will add +1 luck
bonus to attack, damage, AC, saves and skill checks.
Enemies will take -1 on all abilities against you. When
combined with the ring (see above), it will cause any
Undead of 5 HD or less on a successful melee touch attack
to be affected as if by a greater turning against undead by a
20th level cleric (see Sun domain), destroying them. If
combined with the belt, the bearer gains a globe of
invulnerability (see above).
Joined with this amulet is the spirit of a Lion of Mitra (see
The Lions of Mitra). He will appear when summoned by
name or when the bearer of the Amulet is in danger of
death. The Lion’s name is Charlamack the Just.

Charlamack appears, hands the ring to Thoron He will mutter, “I have better things to be doing than this.” and is gone.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/6

"oh my I don't think I deserve all the favors


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Before he goes he mutters to Thoron, "The entrance to the Dark Tower is below on level Four. Why are you here? The White Tower entrance is on this level. Seek it if you are in need of rest or healing. Thoron, lead these companions of yours down there."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/6

::follows directions and heads to 4th level::"Is anyone hurt?


Male Goblin Ftr 2 Rog (Scout) 4 Wiz (Transmuter) 2 | HP 68/68 | AC28/T20/F21 | Saves F+7/R+10/W+5 | Perc +19/Hidden +23/Traps +25 | Init +6

The goblin grumbles... Jus' feelin's.


Female Human Paladin-8 | HP 88 / 88 AC 27 T 12 FF 23| Lay Hands 7/7 (4d6) | Smite 3/3 | CMB +xx/+xx CMD xx | F +13 R +7 W +11| Init + 1

”Not I,” the paladin responds to the cleric’s inquiry.


Female Half Eldar Elf Arcanist (Black Blade Adept) 8; Atk +6; Percpn +14; AC 22 MA CL8/21 W/O, T15, FF22; hp 67; Init +4; Fort +8 Ref +7, Will +9

Now we head down to level 3, to that bridge because to get to level 4, we have to go to 3.


Female Half Eldar Elf Arcanist (Black Blade Adept) 8; Atk +6; Percpn +14; AC 22 MA CL8/21 W/O, T15, FF22; hp 67; Init +4; Fort +8 Ref +7, Will +9
Fralk ibn Sabbah wrote:
The goblin grumbles... Jus' feelin's.

why, what's wrong???


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Fralk ibn Sabbah wrote:
The goblin grumbles... Jus' feelin's.

You didn't get to kill your six-fingered man or is there something else? pm me if necessary


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Swarms of bats flit through the air if any enter here. A
rope bridge crosses from room 23 to room 2.


Human Swashbuckler 8 | HP 45 / 71 AC 25 T19 FF18 | Panache 4/4 | CMB +8 CMD 27 | F +8 R +12 W +7(10*) init +7 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Acrobatics +16 Diplomacy +14 Escape Artist +12 Intimidate +14 Kn: Local +9 Perception +12 Ride +9

"I took a hit." replied Jim to Thoron. He said it lightly, but he was hurting.


Female Human Paladin-8 | HP 88 / 88 AC 27 T 12 FF 23| Lay Hands 7/7 (4d6) | Smite 3/3 | CMB +xx/+xx CMD xx | F +13 R +7 W +11| Init + 1

Hearing Jim’s words Jhenn moves towards him and asks, ”With your permission I’d like to bestow Mitra’s blessing upon you?”

If he agrees she will use lay on hands

Lay on Hands: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 6, 4) = 18


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Ftr 2 Rog (Scout) 4 Wiz (Transmuter) 2 | HP 68/68 | AC28/T20/F21 | Saves F+7/R+10/W+5 | Perc +19/Hidden +23/Traps +25 | Init +6
brvheart wrote:
Fralk ibn Sabbah wrote:
The goblin grumbles... Jus' feelin's.
You didn't get to kill your six-fingered man or is there something else? pm me if necessary

Play on words. Goblin is adjusting and doing his part as comic relief.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/6

"Thank you Jheen


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

I show Ciri down 19 and Faffner down 7.


Human Swashbuckler 8 | HP 45 / 71 AC 25 T19 FF18 | Panache 4/4 | CMB +8 CMD 27 | F +8 R +12 W +7(10*) init +7 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Acrobatics +16 Diplomacy +14 Escape Artist +12 Intimidate +14 Kn: Local +9 Perception +12 Ride +9

Jim replied earnestly, "Thank you Jhenn. I can fight on now if required."

Looking around he noticed several others were wounded and once they had been tended to he suggested, "Perhaps we should carry on. I would volunteer to take point, alas I'm likely to blunder into every trap on the way..." There was a fair amount of self reproach in his voice.


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Point is going accross the rope bridge. How do you intend to handle the bat swarms flying about the chamber?


Male Goblin Ftr 2 Rog (Scout) 4 Wiz (Transmuter) 2 | HP 68/68 | AC28/T20/F21 | Saves F+7/R+10/W+5 | Perc +19/Hidden +23/Traps +25 | Init +6

Magic Lady, the goblin indicates Ciri. You gotta cloud poof type juju?


Female Half Eldar Elf Arcanist (Black Blade Adept) 8; Atk +6; Percpn +14; AC 22 MA CL8/21 W/O, T15, FF22; hp 67; Init +4; Fort +8 Ref +7, Will +9

Move to LINE and throw Fire ball on my right bouncing it up against the center of the far wall.

fireball dc 19: 8d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 1, 3, 5, 2, 1, 3) = 25

then next round

diamond spray
Range 20 ft.
Area cone-shaped burst
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Reflex half; Spell Resistance yes

No, I don't have a cloud spell, I have invisibility sphere and greater invisibility, I don't like spells that keep me from seeing.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

reflex bat swarm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
reflex bat swarm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

init swarm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

roll init


Human Swashbuckler 8 | HP 45 / 71 AC 25 T19 FF18 | Panache 4/4 | CMB +8 CMD 27 | F +8 R +12 W +7(10*) init +7 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Acrobatics +16 Diplomacy +14 Escape Artist +12 Intimidate +14 Kn: Local +9 Perception +12 Ride +9

Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Female Human Paladin-8 | HP 88 / 88 AC 27 T 12 FF 23| Lay Hands 7/7 (4d6) | Smite 3/3 | CMB +xx/+xx CMD xx | F +13 R +7 W +11| Init + 1

Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/6

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
"I"ll try to take care of those who are hurt when I can."


Male Goblin Ftr 2 Rog (Scout) 4 Wiz (Transmuter) 2 | HP 68/68 | AC28/T20/F21 | Saves F+7/R+10/W+5 | Perc +19/Hidden +23/Traps +25 | Init +6

initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Initiative Order Round One
No Mi Name
Ciri
swarms
Thoron
Jhenn
Jim
Faffnyr

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Cleric/6

when it's my turn I'll channel excluding the swarms
Channel: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 4) = 11
So everyone in the party gets 11 back


Female Half Eldar Elf Arcanist (Black Blade Adept) 8; Atk +6; Percpn +14; AC 22 MA CL8/21 W/O, T15, FF22; hp 67; Init +4; Fort +8 Ref +7, Will +9

Dimensional step to the center of the bridge and cast diamond spray on the other side.

Diamond Spray CL9 dc17: 9d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 4, 4, 4, 2, 6, 4, 5) = 40


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Two swarms die with that attack. One of the remaining attempts to attack Jim and the other Ciri. Make AOOs Jim and Ciri.


Female Half Eldar Elf Arcanist (Black Blade Adept) 8; Atk +6; Percpn +14; AC 22 MA CL8/21 W/O, T15, FF22; hp 67; Init +4; Fort +8 Ref +7, Will +9

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 141d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map

Make a Fort Save DC 11.
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Female Half Eldar Elf Arcanist (Black Blade Adept) 8; Atk +6; Percpn +14; AC 22 MA CL8/21 W/O, T15, FF22; hp 67; Init +4; Fort +8 Ref +7, Will +9
Fralk ibn Sabbah wrote:
Magic Lady, the goblin indicates Ciri. You gotta cloud poof type juju?

I may be a witchy woman, though I am no Marie La Vaux, but your a magic man, what spells do you have, we have 3 mages here, help me out please?


Male Goblin Ftr 2 Rog (Scout) 4 Wiz (Transmuter) 2 | HP 68/68 | AC28/T20/F21 | Saves F+7/R+10/W+5 | Perc +19/Hidden +23/Traps +25 | Init +6

I try fry dems...

Burning Hands, asf 15%: 1d100 ⇒ 88
Burning Hands, DC 13: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5


Male Human Rogue6/Clr1 Current Map
Fralk ibn Sabbah wrote:

I try fry dems...

[Dice=Burning Hands, asf 15%]1d100
[Dice=Burning Hands, DC 13]2d6

As it only had `1 hp left it does not matter about a saving throw. One left.


Human Swashbuckler 8 | HP 45 / 71 AC 25 T19 FF18 | Panache 4/4 | CMB +8 CMD 27 | F +8 R +12 W +7(10*) init +7 | Resource Tracker
Skills:
Acrobatics +16 Diplomacy +14 Escape Artist +12 Intimidate +14 Kn: Local +9 Perception +12 Ride +9

Jim's sabre slashed out as the swarm passed him.

Aoo?: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18Damage: 1d6 + 8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 9 = 22

3,451 to 3,500 of 3,576 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dark Tower Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.