[Gameday XI] GM Zin's Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Zin Z'arin

Slides


301 to 349 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Seltyiel finally finds a way to leave some damage on the misshapen fiend, just by doing more in the first place!

Stavarg only finds a little electrical energy in his immediate vicinity, but he blasts what he finds at the green-eyed cultist!

Leowarin results pending. What is the -4 in your attack roll for?

Kalak brings his earthbreaker down in a blow that splatters fiendish fleshy parts all over the entrance of this grand cathedral!

Round 6 (bold may act!)
Khon'Ur (-6/15 hp)
Seltyiel (-2/20 hp)
Stavarg (-4/13 hp)
Kalak (-6/26 hp, -0/4 temp hp; outside)
Tarka (-15/11 hp; unconscious, prone, dying)
Leowarin (-3/9 hp)
Cultists
- red (-26 hp; dead)
- orange (-15 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- yellow (-16 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- green (-3 hp)
??? (3rd round)
- cyan dashed
- blue dashed (-30 hp; dead)
- purple dashed (-4 hp)

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Constable 1 / Inquisitor 1 | HP 24/24 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 | CMB +3 CMD 13 | F +6 R +4 W +5 | Perc +7 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 2/6 | Challenge +, Judgment -, Tactican +

Heavy Pick + Fury of the Abyss: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 81d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8

No comments ))

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

Khon'Ur, you're the only member of the party with Stabilize if you can get Tarka with it soon.


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Leowarin, I think I figured out that the -4 in your attack rolls is the range penalty; can you confirm?

Khon'Ur slams his pick into the ground again, perhaps having decided that digging under the fiends is the best way out.

The green-eyed cultist, wheeling and realizing that he's being targeted from somewhere across the room, quickly calls up more mist to protect himself.

GM Screen:

claw vs Khon'Ur AC 16, purple: 1d20 ⇒ 12
claw vs Khon'Ur AC 16, purple: 1d20 ⇒ 10

The fiends at the door shuffle around after the death of on of their number, keeping both doors covered as they try to drive the Pathfinders back. The only with a target in reach strikes at Khon'Ur, but fails to make contact with either claw.

Round 7 (bold may act!)
Khon'Ur (-6/15 hp)
Seltyiel (-2/20 hp)
Stavarg (-4/13 hp)
Kalak (-6/26 hp, -0/4 temp hp; outside)
Tarka (-15/11 hp; unconscious, prone, dying; Stabilize check pending (Con DC 10, -4 penalty))
Leowarin (-3/9 hp)
Cultists
- red (-26 hp; dead)
- orange (-15 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- yellow (-16 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- green (-3 hp)
??? (4th round)
- cyan dashed
- blue dashed (-30 hp; dead)
- purple dashed (-4 hp)

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Kalak bellows at his companions, Get Tarka and get out, I'm spent! and he swings at the righthand monster in the doorway. But his fatigue running through his body overwhlems the Shoanti, and his hammer falls well short of connecting with the creature. He drops his earthbreaker, drawing his klar and cold iron terbujte, going into a tired, more defensive stance.

Rage, PA: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4) + 9 = 14

Rage 12/12. Fatigued

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

Which squares can we use to leave the temple? I do not see the door clearly.


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD
Seltyiel Half-Elf wrote:
Which squares can we use to leave the temple? I do not see the door clearly.

Yeah, it's gotten cluttered, but the double doors are immediately behind cyan and purple right now. It's much easier to see without the tokens and spell effects, but battle is what battle is.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Trap Breaker Alchemist 1 HP 6/9| AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +0 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | Speed 20ft Init +5 Perc +6 Low-light vision
Alchemy:
Bombs 2/5 | Shield, Blend | Dex mutagen
SLA:
comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic

Sorry I should have been clear, the cultist has soft cover from me. Now that I will have to shoot into melee also, I basically can't hit anything.

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kobold Gunslinger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 12 (11 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

CON Check to Stabilize; Take 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

Seltyel enter the fog looking for the creature that he has already hit.

1h bastard sword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
concealmente, 21+ to hit, 1d100 now, not 1d1: 1d100 ⇒ 37
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

When he finds it, he swings his sword again at the monster.

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

Stavarg frowns as his target is shrouded in mist. Grimacing slightly, he turns to the demonic creature standing over Tarka.

[move] gather power
[standard] attack (electric blast + extended range 120') CYAN
electric blast touch attack CYAN, E damage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 blarg!

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Constable 1 / Inquisitor 1 | HP 24/24 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 | CMB +3 CMD 13 | F +6 R +4 W +5 | Perc +7 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 2/6 | Challenge +, Judgment -, Tactican +

> Khon'Ur, you're the only member of the party with Stabilize if you can get Tarka with it soon.

A fair point! I'd rather we kill purple and then I won't risk failing the concentration check. If I understand correctly, Tarke still has about 7 rounds to complete death.

Yes, die already at last, you dirty creature!

Heavy Pick + Fury of the Abyss: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 251d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8
Confirm: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 133d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 5, 3) + 6 + 3 = 20
VS PURPLE! 28 dmg (x4) if crit confirmed


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Kalak musters what he can for a final powerful blow, but his rage-fueled power drains away and he can't connect.

Tarka continues to bleed out in the foyer.

Seltyiel steps forward and strikes at the fiend with the purplish veins running through its misshapen flesh. Though not as much as his previous strike, he leaves a little mark behind. The mist only provides concealment to creatures more than 5' away; no miss chance needed on non-reach melee attacks.

Stavarg, everything that's more than two mist-covered squares away from you has total concealment. I missed that with your attack on the green cultist, so I apologize if my error there gave you a false impression. As it stands, there are no enemies on the battlefield that you can target from your position.

Khon'Ur very nearly sends the fiend blocking the door right out through that door, only inches away from an absolutely obliterating strike. As it is, though, it's not a total loss; the well-placed strike still punctures the fiend, leaving a gaping wound that doesn't quite close back up.

Round 7 (bold may act!)
Khon'Ur (-6/15 hp)
Seltyiel (-2/20 hp)
Stavarg (-4/13 hp)
Kalak (-6/26 hp, -0/4 temp hp; outside)
Tarka (-15/11 hp; unconscious, prone, dying; Stabilize check pending (Con DC 10, -4 penalty))
Leowarin (-3/9 hp)
Cultists
- red (-26 hp; dead)
- orange (-15 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- yellow (-16 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- green (-3 hp)
??? (4th round)
- cyan dashed
- blue dashed (-30 hp; dead)
- purple dashed (-8 hp)

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |
GM Zin wrote:
he mist only provides concealment to creatures more than 5' away; no miss chance needed on non-reach melee attacks.

Ok. Sorry. My mistake. My understanding of obscuring mist is that it grants concealment if the target is adjacent to you and total concealment beyond that. But the GM always rules :-)


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD
Seltyiel Half-Elf wrote:
GM Zin wrote:
he mist only provides concealment to creatures more than 5' away; no miss chance needed on non-reach melee attacks.
Ok. Sorry. My mistake. My understanding of obscuring mist is that it grants concealment if the target is adjacent to you and total concealment beyond that. But the GM always rules :-)

Oops; just checked my own notes on the map and you are exactly correct. Don't know how I could have messed that up when I already documented it. smh

Dark Archive

Male Elf Trap Breaker Alchemist 1 HP 6/9| AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +0 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | Speed 20ft Init +5 Perc +6 Low-light vision
Alchemy:
Bombs 2/5 | Shield, Blend | Dex mutagen
SLA:
comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic

Not able to see what is going on within the mist, Leo moves up to the edge of it. Seeing Seltyiel fighting, he stops and waits, hoping his companions can defeat one of the creatures to give them a chance to escape.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |
GM Zin wrote:
Oops; just checked my own notes on the map and you are exactly correct. Don't know how I could have messed that up when I already documented it. smh

Haha. No worries at all. Anyway, I passed the concealment roll. So, nothing changes with regard to my turn.

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

Oof, with the grease in the way this will take a while :D

Unsatisfied with who and what he can see, Stavarg circles around the nearby column and begins to push through the mist.

[double move] 40'


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Leowarin and Stavarg both move around in the mist. Stavarg, you're moving across rows of pews there; every other square is difficult terrain due to having to climb over them. I've adjusted your position back a bit to account for this.

Actions:

1 Khon'Ur, 2 Seltyiel: 1d2 ⇒ 1
claw vs Khon'Ur AC 16: 1d20 ⇒ 14 1d100 ⇒ 79 damage, P/S: 1d4 ⇒ 1
claw vs Khon'Ur AC 16: 1d20 ⇒ 18 1d100 ⇒ 7

The green-eyed cultist appears near the door--only visible through the mist to Kalak--dagger in hand. Only one of the fiends makes an attack, slawing at Khon'Ur with both claws, but only one connects, likely due to misjudging Khon'Ur's position in the mist.

Round 8 (bold may act!)
Khon'Ur (-7/15 hp)
Seltyiel (-2/20 hp)
Stavarg (-4/13 hp)
Kalak (-6/26 hp, -0/4 temp hp; outside)
Tarka (-15/11 hp; unconscious, prone, dying; Stabilize check pending (Con DC 10, -5 penalty))
Leowarin (-3/9 hp)
Cultists
- red (-26 hp; dead)
- orange (-15 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- yellow (-16 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- green (-3 hp)
??? (5th round)
- cyan dashed
- blue dashed (-30 hp; dead)
- purple dashed (-8 hp)

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Kalak, the effects of his fatigue overtaking him, swings lazily at the spellcaster appearing out of the fog.

attack, fatigue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
miss? high good: 1d100 ⇒ 81

AC is now 16 using the klar as a buckler. Fatigued -2 Dex & Str, cannot run or charge

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

1h bastard sword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Seltyel does not connect a good move this time and his sword misses clearly.

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kobold Gunslinger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 12 (11 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Stabilize (Con Save): 1d20 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 1 - 5 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

If I move North-South in the pews, that should be easier right? That's just walking along one pew versus East-West where you're climbing over them. Assuming that's reasonable:

Stavarg exits his current pew and continues down the main aisle.

[double move]


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD
Stavarg Titanshade wrote:
If I move North-South in the pews, that should be easier right? That's just walking along one pew versus East-West where you're climbing over them.

Yes, exactly. That's what I was hoping I'd communicated in the terrain info on the Slides.

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Constable 1 / Inquisitor 1 | HP 24/24 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 | CMB +3 CMD 13 | F +6 R +4 W +5 | Perc +7 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 2/6 | Challenge +, Judgment -, Tactican +

Heavy Pick + Fury of the Abyss: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 171d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
miss? high good: 1d100 ⇒ 21 ((


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Kalak tries to strike the cultist, but his blow crashes into the doorway, taking a chunk out of the stone edifice instead of the cultist.

Seltyiel strikes, but can't connect with the fiend.

Tarka continues bleeding out.

Stavarg hustles to the center aisle and comes down towards the front entrance.

Khon'Ur brings his pick up in a mighty blow, but his aim is off in the mist and he only continues his quest for the Underdark via the cathedral's floor.

GM Screen:

dagger vs Kalak AC 16: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Suddenly, the fiends--including the dead body--wink out of existence, returning to the plane they were summoned from! The cultist draws a dagger then steps into the doorway and waves it threateningly at Kalak.

Round 8 (bold may act!)
Leowarin (-3/9 hp; delay)
Khon'Ur (-7/15 hp)
Seltyiel (-2/20 hp)
Stavarg (-4/13 hp)
Kalak (-6/26 hp, -0/4 temp hp; outside)
Tarka (-17/11 hp; unconscious, prone, dying; Stabilize check pending (Con DC 10, -6 penalty))
Cultists
- red (-26 hp; dead)
- orange (-15 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- yellow (-16 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- green (-3 hp)

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
m CN dwarf Constable 1 / Inquisitor 1 | HP 24/24 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 | CMB +3 CMD 13 | F +6 R +4 W +5 | Perc +7 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 2/6 | Challenge +, Judgment -, Tactican +

> and he only continues his quest for the Underdark via the cathedral's floor.

LOL! ))

Heavy Pick + Fury of the Abyss: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 101d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

SOON WE WILL GET THE GOLD OF MORIA!

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Kalak grins at the summoner, looks like your friends left you.... as he tiredly snaps the blade forward.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 45

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

Seltyel moves forward once the fiends have vanished just to come acrosss with one of the cultists. Without hesitating, he attacks him.

1h bastard sword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
concealment,21+: 1d100 ⇒ 3

Unfortunately, the magic mists blurs the exact position of his enemy and the half-elf misses.

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Constable 1 / Inquisitor 1 | HP 24/24 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 | CMB +3 CMD 13 | F +6 R +4 W +5 | Perc +7 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 2/6 | Challenge +, Judgment -, Tactican +

I'm sorry, I missed that creatures disappeared. Then I probably wanted to walk through the grease to the cultist and fell? With such a roll on d20...

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

Stavarg peers ahead, then looks down at the grease patch in front of him, frowning. Leaning forward to squint, he thinks he sees the action straight ahead. He glides to the left and into the pews for one last slog through them, avoiding the grease.

[double move] accounting for a good amount of difficult terrain.

Climbing over one last pew, he seems to have reached one of the cultists, and seemingly surrounded by his friends. He looks down in concern to see Tarka unconscious.

Hold on a little longer, little buddy...


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Reflex DC 14, Khon'Ur: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Khon'Ur (using previous roll for Acrobatics) tries to move towards the cultist, but it's all he can do to remain standing in the grease. Khon'Ur remains standing, but loses his movement.

Kalak, weary, remains ineffective trying to beat down the cultist from outside.

Seltyiel steps forward and gives a good swing at the cultist, but the mist was thicker here and he misjudged the strike.

Stavarg clambers over pews to avoid the grease and finds himself face to face with the cultist.

Botting Leo
Leowarin, never confident that his bombs could help on this battlefield, sees the door free of defenders and doesn't hesitate; he slips outside!

Con (stabilize) DC 10, Tarka: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (4) + 2 - 6 = 0
Tarka keeps looking worse and worse as her scales start taking on a greyish cast.

GM Screen:

1 Seltyiel, 2 Stavarg: 1d2 ⇒ 2
dagger vs AC: 1d20 ⇒ 8

The cultist waves his dagger in Stavarg's face when the kineticist startles him, but misses wildly.

Round 9 (bold may act!)
Leowarin (-3/9 hp; outside)
Khon'Ur (-7/15 hp)
Seltyiel (-2/20 hp)
Stavarg (-4/13 hp)
Kalak (-6/26 hp, -0/4 temp hp; outside)
Tarka (-18/11 hp; unconscious, prone, dying; Stabilize check pending (Con DC 10, -7 penalty))
Cultists
- red (-26 hp; dead)
- orange (-15 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- yellow (-16 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- green (-3 hp)

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Khon'Ur, get Tarka back up? Kalak asks, taking a swipe with the sword at the remaining cultist... And misses in the fog...

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 18

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

Stavarg waits patiently and hopes he can blast the cultist in front of him when she's looking another direction.

[standard] attack (electric blast)
electric blast touch attack, E damage: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 4 = 161d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Constable 1 / Inquisitor 1 | HP 24/24 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 | CMB +3 CMD 13 | F +6 R +4 W +5 | Perc +7 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 2/6 | Challenge +, Judgment -, Tactican +

*A lot of swearing because he slipped.* Then Khon'Ur looks around and notices something... Arhh, damn it, why didn't anyone say that Tarka is bleeding? It sucks! O Chandrabha, we need this glorious warrior!

Stabilise


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Kalak continues to struggle attacking from the outside, this time the mist blocks his view and a good strike just whiffs.

GM Screen:

dagger vs Stavarg AC 15, AoO: 1d20 ⇒ 19 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 45 damage, P/S: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Crit?: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Concentration DC 14, Stavarg: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 I don't know what ability score to include in this for a kineticist....
Stavarg tries to send an electrical blast into the face of the cultist at point blank range, but the cultist gets a lucky strike, causing the blast to fizzle!
This is my first time running a game for a kineticist. I just did a lot of reading to adjudicate this, and think I've gotten it right (but certainly could be wrong!). Pretty sure that--as a spell-like ability--the kinetic blast both provokes and then requires a Concentration check if damage is dealt by the AoO, which in this case happened. Let me know if I got anything wrong and we'll retcon it as best as I can.

Acrobatics DC 10: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Khon'Ur carefully steps across the grease to stabilize Tarka. Her scales regain the luster and color you recognize, though she remains unconscious. Moved Khon'Ur; the mist makes Tarka untargetable at greater than 5' away, so Khon'Ur needs to be beside her to cast the spell.

Round 9 (bold may act!)
Leowarin (-3/9 hp; outside)
Khon'Ur (-7/15 hp)
Seltyiel (-2/20 hp)
Stavarg (-7/13 hp)
Kalak (-6/26 hp, -0/4 temp hp; outside)
Tarka (-18/11 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
Cultists
- red (-26 hp; dead)
- orange (-15 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- yellow (-16 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- green (-3 hp)

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kobold Gunslinger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 12 (11 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Tarka limps badly, as she tries to leave (A move action).


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD
Tarka Slitherscales wrote:
Tarka limps badly, as she tries to leave (A move action).

Sorry; I shouldn't have left Tarka bold after the stabilize spell, but Tarka is currently unconscious. She'll need to be healed to positive hit points before she can move under her own power again.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

concealment, 21+: 1d100 ⇒ 35
1h bastard sword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Focusing his eyes on the cultist instead of being distracted by the fog, Seltyel swings his sword with more accuracy this time.

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

Hmm, I suppose a concentration check is fair to assume. But technically he could just take the AoO and proceed. I'll be more explicit next time. As for the ability: the kineticist class specifies Constitution for wild talents.


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Leowarin, are you still with us? This is multiple rounds of bot/delay now.

Seltyiel delivers a mighty blow that drops the last cultist to the ground.

GM Screen:

Con (stabilize) DC 10, green: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3

The cultist appears to be bleeding out.

Round 10 (bold may act!)
Leowarin (-3/9 hp; outside; delay)
Khon'Ur (-7/15 hp)
Seltyiel (-2/20 hp)
Stavarg (-7/13 hp)
Kalak (-6/26 hp, -0/4 temp hp; outside)
Tarka (-18/11 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
Cultists
- red (-26 hp; dead)
- orange (-15 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- yellow (-16 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- green (-17 hp; unconscious, prone, dying)

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Kalak turns and waves the others to follow outside after the theif!

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Constable 1 / Inquisitor 1 | HP 24/24 | AC 20 T 11 FF 19 | CMB +3 CMD 13 | F +6 R +4 W +5 | Perc +7 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 2/6 | Challenge +, Judgment -, Tactican +

Does anyone have a damn cure wand? We need to raise Tarka.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

Seltyel takes a healing potion from his backpack and kneels next to Tarka pouring down the elixir on the mouth of the kobold.

I hope that it works with kobolds as it is mean to work with persons...

potion of cure light wounds on Tarka: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

One of my two potions of cure light wounds deleted from my equipment.


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Seltyiel finds a potion of healing and pours it down Tarka's throat. Though she looks much better, it's still not enough to wake her!

Round 10 (bold may act!)
Leowarin (-3/9 hp; outside; delay)
Khon'Ur (-7/15 hp)
Seltyiel (-2/20 hp)
Stavarg (-7/13 hp)
Kalak (-6/26 hp, -0/4 temp hp; outside)
Tarka (-12/11 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
Cultists
- red (-26 hp; dead)
- orange (-15 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- yellow (-16 hp; unconscious, prone, stable)
- green (-17 hp; unconscious, prone, dying)

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

Stavarg's eyes widen as the cultist swipes at him during his last blast. He'll have to be more careful next time. Yet... due to the mist he cannot step away.

Concentration, DC15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Darn
[standard] attack (electric blast)
electric blast touch attack, E damage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Stavarg, who are you targeting with that blast? There are no conscious enemies on the battlefield. You're not being threatened, so the Concentration check is unnecessary in any case, and you can freely move in any direction.

The only reason we're still in an initiative count and not outside is that Tarka is also unconscious, and needs to be revived before you can leave the cathedral.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Season of Ghosts

A fanfare of trumpets blasts loudly, breaking through the roar of the combat and ringing of clashing blades. Leading a mounted battalion of armored warriors, Sheila Heidmarch and her husband charge through the streets, driving through the waves of summoned fiends and forcing them to retreat back through their gates to the netherworlds from which they were called. In a matter of minutes, their assault is complete and the streets fall quiet.

Sheila Heidmarch then strides over to Quenly and peers at the key in his hand for a moment before proclaiming, "You have the REAL Runecarved Key!" The two hold it aloft, signifying a Pathfinder victory!

"Today, every one of you has contributed to a triumphant victory for our Society, and you have cemented our place in Magnimar. I’m deeply honored that you have granted me your services. While my lodge is small, you have made it feel like a kingdom. Yet our victory today is somewhat bittersweet. It seems dark forces have surfaced in Varisia - forces which, before today, I was unaware of. I’m sorry to have thrown you headlong into the middle of such chaos. I have already sent word to the Decemvirate of today’s events and await their response. When I know more, I shall contact you, for I fear this key has somehow placed all of us in danger. Still, we should go forth, for now is the time to celebrate!"
______________

And that's it! Thank you everyone, GMs and players, for participating and making this event a success! :)

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none
GM Zin wrote:

Stavarg, who are you targeting with that blast? There are no conscious enemies on the battlefield. You're not being threatened, so the Concentration check is unnecessary in any case, and you can freely move in any direction.

The only reason we're still in an initiative count and not outside is that Tarka is also unconscious, and needs to be revived before you can leave the cathedral.

Oof. was moving too fast and missed that green was down.

301 to 349 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday XI] GM Zin's Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.