[Gameday XI] GM Zin's Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Zin Z'arin

Slides


201 to 250 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

Watch out for that bite! Stavarg yells out before gathering the electricity to himself again.

[move] gather power
[standard] attack (electric blast + extended range 120')
electric blast touch attack, E damage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Cleric 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +2 CMD 17 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Perc +9 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 2/6

Khon'Ur takes a step behind Kalak and is clearly preparing to cast a spell, but he does not start it yet. He's waiting.

Ready action: cast CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 to Kalak if hydra hurts barbarian.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Kalak, sensing this was what was needed, flies in to a Berserk rage, slamming his earthbreaker against the hydra's flank.

Attack, Power attack, rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage, PA, Rage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 6) + 9 = 17

Rage 1/12, +2 vs spells from Superstition. AC 14, +4 temp HP

Dark Archive

Male Elf Trap Breaker Alchemist 1 HP 6/9| AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +0 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | Speed 20ft Init +5 Perc +6 Low-light vision
Alchemy:
Bombs 2/5 | Shield, Blend | Dex mutagen
SLA:
comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic

Understanding the need to draw the fight out, Leo runs behind the columns to get a better shot at the hydra when they decide to finish it. double move


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

I forgot to apply some healing to the hydra last round; it started this round down 12 hp, not 17. Normally I wouldn't retcon a GM error like that, but in this case, it benefits you since you want the combat to go longer.

Tarka fires at the hydra, but just grazes it.

Stavarg gathers more electricity to himself and sends off another blast at the hydra; the hydra shudders with the force of the electrical burst.

Khon'Ur readies a healing spell should Kalak get hit by the hydra.

Kalak steps forward (moved you a 5' step) and strikes at the hydra with a powerful blow; it wobbles on its feet where it stands!

Leowarin repositions himself, trying to draw the combat out.

Round 3 (bold may act!)
Stavarg (-2/13 hp)
Seltyiel
Hydra (-37 hp)
Leowarin (delay)
Kalak (delay)
Khon'Ur
Tarka (-1/11 hp)

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

Sorry, I thought that I had done my turn!

Get away from the monster! Remember that we do not want to kill this thing quickly!, says Seltyel after having seen how strong his companions can hit.

Double move again...


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

GM Screen:

Bite vs AC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 10 damage, B/P/S: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Bite vs AC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 13 damage, B/P/S: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Bite vs AC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Bite vs AC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 9 damage, B/P/S: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Bite vs AC 14: 1d20 ⇒ 12 damage, B/P/S: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The creature--already reeling from the damage done to it--backs a step away from Kalak, keeping the barbarian in reach of its multiple heads. This time, whether due to Kalak's recklessness or the hydra's mortal situation can't be known, the heads strike repeatedly, opening multiple wounds across Kalak's head, arms, and torso.

Khon'Ur reaches out to heal Kalak in response to the wounds, but can't reach the barbarian! (Sorry, Kalak's movement to attack broke your readied action.)

Round 3 (bold may act!)
Leowarin
Kalak (-10/26 hp; -4/4 temp hp)
Khon'Ur
Tarka (-1/11 hp)

Round 4 (bold may act!)
Stavarg (-2/13 hp)
Seltyiel
Hydra (-32 hp)
Leowarin
Kalak (-10/26 hp; -4/4 temp hp)
Khon'Ur
Tarka (-1/11 hp)

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

This time Seltyel moves closer to the hydra and gets ready to hold the position.

Movement and total defense for an AC of 26.

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

Stavarg steps forward, and then his eyes widen as he realizes he's that much closer to it.

Uh... don't let it cross the bridge!

Another wave of electricity gathers around him and then fires across the expanse as a bolt that slams into the hydra.

5' step
[move] gather power
[standard] attack (electric blast + extended range 120')
electric blast touch attack, E damage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 161d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Low touch AC please :D

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kobold Gunslinger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 12 (11 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

”Tarka say we distract it! Get heads to go all which ways, at once!” Tarka says, as she attempts to distract the beast.

Direct Hydra to move its heads towards Tarka (Diplomacy DC 15): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Convinced that the hydra didn’t notice, Tarka gets annoyed, and prepares to retaliate.

She spent her standard action attempting to distract the Hydra, and her move action reloading her flintlock.

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Cleric 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +2 CMD 17 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Perc +9 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 2/6

Swearing at stupid people (as a species in general), Khon'Ur steps up to Kalak and touches him...

DC 14 Will, 7 or 3 hp .)) As a player, I know that this is not the best idea, but no one has explained this to my character yet .)

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Willsave: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Khon'Ur's healing takes effect on the barbarian, who cautiously begins backing away from the hydra... Get Away Khon'Ur we need to endure for a while...

Withdraw


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Seltyiel continues his elaborate dance across the arena.

Stavarg sends another electrical blast at the hydra, sending the hydra to the ground! The crowd gasps! Axetongue holds his hands in the air to let the crowd know that it's not over yet, but looks nervous as he does so, eying you viciously.

Tarka readies a distraction should the hydra awaken. (Changed your standard to a readied action. The closest I can come up with to what you described, though, is a feint. Feint uses Bluff, not Diplomacy; since you have no ranks in either, they have the same bonus, so the roll stands.)

Khon'Ur steps forward and tries to heal Kalak. (Khon'Ur, please roll for the spell again; the roll from the unused readied action doesn't carry over. Kalak, please make a Will save vs. Khon'Ur's cure light wounds.)

Round 3 (bold may act!)
Leowarin
Kalak (-10/26 hp, -4/4 temp hp; Will save pending)
Khon'Ur
Tarka (-1/11 hp; readied Bluff to feint)

Round 4 (bold may act!)
Stavarg (-2/13 hp)
Seltyiel
Hydra (-40 hp; unconscious, prone)
Leowarin
Kalak (-10/26 hp; -4/4 temp hp)
Khon'Ur
Tarka (-1/11 hp)


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Cross-post noted; will update again after Leowarin posts

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Cleric 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +2 CMD 17 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Perc +9 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 2/6

Damn ye! - Khon'Ur follows the barbarian with his eyes and realizes that he will not have time to retreat...

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Cleric 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +2 CMD 17 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Perc +9 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 2/6

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

That's even better! Kalak, you have received a little more HP!
GM Zin, Kalak did this will save in post above ;)

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Don't kill it yet! There's more coin to be won! Kalak urges the others

Dark Archive

Male Elf Trap Breaker Alchemist 1 HP 6/9| AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +0 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | Speed 20ft Init +5 Perc +6 Low-light vision
Alchemy:
Bombs 2/5 | Shield, Blend | Dex mutagen
SLA:
comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic

Round 3

Leo cringes when he sees Kalak stuns the hydra with his brutal attack.

"Remember the plan! The longer this goes the more money we get?" he yells, lowering his bow.

If I'm reading things correctly, Stavarg's attack is next round and the hydra is still standing.


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD
Leowarin wrote:
If I'm reading things correctly, Stavarg's attack is next round and the hydra is still standing.

When PCs are all in a block like this--even when it crosses the borders of a round--I (along with many GMs on these boards, if not most) resolve actions in the order they come in; Stavarg's action has resolved as described in my previous post.

Kalak retreats from the hydra while he can safely do so.

Leowarin lowers his bow, waiting to see what happens.

The hydra awakens as wounds across its body close of their own accord. Tarka tries to draw its attention, but it doesn't seem to notice her. It steps forward and its heads reach out and strike at both Khon'Ur and Seltyiel!

GM Screen:

Targets: 1=Khon'Ur, 2= Seltyiel
Bite target: 1d2 ⇒ 2 Bite vs Seltyiel AC 26: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Bite target: 1d2 ⇒ 2 Bite vs Seltyiel AC 26: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Bite target: 1d2 ⇒ 1 Bite vs Khon'Ur AC 16: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Bite target: 1d2 ⇒ 1 Bite vs Khon'Ur AC 16: 1d20 ⇒ 13 damage B/P/S: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Bite target: 1d2 ⇒ 1 Bite vs Khon'Ur AC 16: 1d20 ⇒ 16 damage B/P/S: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Seltyiel--prepared for this--avoids all of the strikes on him, but the hydra draws blood on Khon'Ur twice!

Round 4 (bold may act!)
Leowarin (delay)
Kalak (-0/26 hp, -4/4 temp hp)
Khon'Ur (-8/15 hp)
Tarka (-1/11 hp)

Round 5 (bold may act!)
Stavarg (-2/13 hp)
Seltyiel
Hydra (-35 hp; unconscious, prone)
Leowarin
Kalak (-0/26 hp; -4/4 temp hp)
Khon'Ur (-8/15 hp)
Tarka (-1/11 hp)

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

Seltyel moves to face the hydra while shielding his companions.

Hold! We cannot kill it yet... and he should not be killed yet either!

5-foot step and total defense. AC 26.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Kalak moves, continuing his rage, toward the pit where the water falls...

3/12 rage rounds

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

Um, with that self-healing are we sure we can kill it at all?! Stavarg frantically asks to no-one in particular.

[standard] attack (electric blast)
electric blast touch attack, E damage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Just as he throws his arms forward, he stumbles and the blast flies wide and to the right.


”Now we talking! Time to shoot!”

Shoot at the Hydra (Attack): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Shoot at the Hydra (Damage): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Tarka then reloads her pistol with another Alchemical Cartridge. Another move action to reload.

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Cleric 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +2 CMD 17 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Perc +9 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 2/6

Cursing, the dwarf retreats.
withdraw


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Seltyiel again approaches the hydra with shield high, trying to be its choice of target.

Kalak repositions himself near the water.

Stavarg fires another blast, but it's ill-aimed and comes nowhere near the hydra.

Tarka aims well, but this is one of the weaker bullets she's filled; it barely damages the hydra at all. Weakened as it is, though, it's enough to get the hydra wobbling on its feet.

Khon'Ur retreats, making sure the hydra will get no lucky strikes.

Round 4 (bold may act!)
Leowarin
Kalak (-0/26 hp, -4/4 temp hp)
Khon'Ur (-8/15 hp)
Tarka (-1/11 hp)

Round 5 (bold may act!)
Stavarg (-2/13 hp)
Seltyiel
Hydra (-37 hp)
Leowarin
Kalak (-0/26 hp; -4/4 temp hp)
Khon'Ur (-8/15 hp)
Tarka (-1/11 hp)

Dark Archive

Male Elf Trap Breaker Alchemist 1 HP 6/9| AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +0 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | Speed 20ft Init +5 Perc +6 Low-light vision
Alchemy:
Bombs 2/5 | Shield, Blend | Dex mutagen
SLA:
comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic

Sorry I didn't realize this didn't post yesterday.

Out of range of the hydra's attacks, and not wanting to injure the creature further just yet, Leo waits.


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Leowarin remains far back, practicing restraint to keep the hydra alive.

The hydra closes with the Pathfinders up front, its many heads diving down to snap at three different Pathfinders!

GM Screen:

Target: 1=Kalak, 2=Seltyiel, 3=Tarka
target: 1d3 ⇒ 3 bite vs Tarka AC 16: 1d20 ⇒ 8
target: 1d3 ⇒ 1 bite vs Kalak AC 16: 1d20 ⇒ 4
target: 1d3 ⇒ 2 bite vs Seltyiel AC 26: 1d20 ⇒ 8
target: 1d3 ⇒ 3 bite vs Tarka AC 16: 1d20 ⇒ 5
target: 1d3 ⇒ 2 bite vs Seltyiel AC 26: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Tarka, you keep posting with your Gothic_Artificer profile; this makes it harder for me to track down Tarka's stats. Please make sure you post with the correct profile. Also, Tarka doesn't have any of her stats in her header; please update Tarka's header to include her essential combat stats. See the header under the other PC's posts to see what I mean. If you want help, PM me; I can provide you templates that will help.

None of the heads make any contact, though, and the hydra bristles with visible frustration.

Round 5 (bold may act!)
Leowarin
Kalak (-0/26 hp, -4/4 temp hp)
Khon'Ur (-8/15 hp)
Tarka (-1/11 hp)

Round 6 (bold may act!)
Stavarg (-2/13 hp)
Seltyiel
Hydra (-32 hp)
Leowarin
Kalak (-0/26 hp; -4/4 temp hp)
Khon'Ur (-8/15 hp)
Tarka (-1/11 hp)

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Cleric 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +2 CMD 17 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Perc +9 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 2/6

Khon'Ur heals himself. CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

Just a little longer! Seltyel tries to move his shield from side to side very quickly to stop the five different heads from the monster.

Total defense.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Trap Breaker Alchemist 1 HP 6/9| AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +0 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | Speed 20ft Init +5 Perc +6 Low-light vision
Alchemy:
Bombs 2/5 | Shield, Blend | Dex mutagen
SLA:
comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic

Leo looks over at Axetongue to see how he is reacting to the battle. He then moves a little closer to prepare to use his bombs to end the battle when the time is right.

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kobold Gunslinger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 12 (11 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

”Ready for more?!”

Shoot the Hydra! (attack): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Shoot the Hydra! (Damage): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Confirm Critical!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Tarka gets excited, having dealt a heavy blow to the beast! She immediately reloads her gun! (A move action)

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

Seltyiel! Careful, not too close!

[standard] attack (electric blast)
electric blast touch attack, E damage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

He's so concerned with hitting teammates that his aim continues to suffer.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Kalak continues to rage, and begins closing with the hydra cautiously....


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Khon'Ur calls out to his unusual patron for aid, and the ascendant former adventurer heals her loyal cleric.

Seltyiel continues trying to draw the hydra's attention with the shield he keeps waving in the faces of the hydra's many heads.

Leowarin glances at Axetongue. Catching his eye, Leo sees a sharp look of concern from the MC, accompanied by a slow, soft shake of his head that clearly communicates "not yet!" Leo steps closer, holding off, but preparing for the beginning of the end game.

Tarka fires at the hydra, hitting it with a clean shot that sends it to the ground again!

Stavarg follows up--perhaps trying to finish it?--but his concern over collateral damage distracts his aim.

Kalak steps forward ever so much closer.

GM Screen:

Target: 1=Kalak, 2=Seltyiel, 3=Tarka
target: 1d3 ⇒ 3 bite vs target AC 16: 1d20 ⇒ 16 damage, B/P/S: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Wounds continue to stitch across the hydra's damaged frame. It stands shakily (provoking an AoO from both Kalak and Seltyiel, if you choose to use them); a single head darts down over Seltyiel's protective shield, the hydra's jaws closing on Tarka's shoulder, eliciting a sharp yip of pain from the kobold.

Depending on if you take AoOs and the result of them, we way have to retcon that bite.

Round 6 (bold may act!)
Leowarin
Kalak (-0/26 hp, -4/4 temp hp; AoO pending)
Khon'Ur (-0/15 hp)
Tarka (-7/11 hp)

Starting with the end of Round 6, PCs will have the option of calling the fight at the end of each round. I'll still process actions within the block in the order they come in, but we'll observe the rounds from this point out, so Stavarg and Seltyiel are not up yet (excepting Seltyiel's AoO, of course).

Round 7 (bold may act!)
Stavarg (-2/13 hp)
Seltyiel (AoO pending)
Hydra (-33 hp)
Leowarin
Kalak (-0/26 hp; -4/4 temp hp)
Khon'Ur (-0/15 hp)
Tarka (-7/11 hp)

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

I will not use my AoO.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Kalak restrains himself from finishing the creature as it gains it feet, the fury still gnawing at the man. now?!? he cries out barely restraining the pending attack on the creature.

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kobold Gunslinger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 12 (11 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Using the “Welcome To Pathfinder Society” Boon….Tarka immediately pulls out a hidden elixir from under under her Tunic, and downs it. That would be both a move action to withdraw the hidden potion (thanks to “Prehensile Tail”, which allows you to draw hidden weapons & objects as a move action), and a standard action to drink it; does she count as having two of them, thanks to her having a GM credit already applied to her? It says that you can re-use the boon two for the same benefit, if doing so.

Elixir of Renewal: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4) + 5 = 11

Tarka feels alive, and ready to continue fighting!

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Cleric 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +2 CMD 17 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Perc +9 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 2/6

The thing isn't that strong! Be patient there for a bit. More money is better.

skipping a turn


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Kalak and Seltyiel both restrain themselves, not taking the obvious strikes that were presenting when the hydra stood up; Kalak continues to hold back until he gets the all-clear from his teammates that its time to take the hydra down.

Tarka retrieves a healing elixir that her mentor at the Society gave her in case of emergency. As she unstoppers the vial, the hydra takes an oppotunity to snap at the unwary kobold.

GM Screen:

bite vs Tarka AC 16: 1d20 ⇒ 11 damage, B/P/S: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The bite ends up being the barest nip, however, and it ends up healed along with the rest of Tarka's wounds.

Khon'Ur also restrains himself, waiting before he commits fully to the fight.

Axetongue gives you a hard look that screams "Well?" as he holds a hand up to his guards, who seem ready to jump in and subdue the beast if you call the fight now.

You have earned the gold for the fight at this point. Letting the fight go on for another round will earn more rewards. Rule of Two in effect; the first two votes for continuing or calling the fight will have it! If you vote to continue the fight, go ahead and include your actions with your post.

Round 7 (bold may act!)
Leowarin (delay)
Kalak (-0/26 hp, -4/4 temp hp; delay)
Khon'Ur (-0/15 hp; delay)
Stavarg (-2/13 hp)
Seltyiel (AoO pending)
Hydra (-33 hp)
Tarka (-7/11 hp)

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

Seltyel looks at master Axetongue clearly showing his intentions of extend the fun a little more. After all, the hydra is healing its wounds. Nevertheless, he feels that the situation is unde control and still holds his shiled against the hydra.

Just a little longer, my friends...

Total defense.

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

Stavarg notices that the others are starting to hold back and takes a defensive stance.

[standard] Total defense, AC +4

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Cleric 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +2 CMD 17 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Perc +9 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 2/6

It was harder in words than in deeds, hehe.
dealy again


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

The Pathfinders continue to hold back, seeming to want the hydra to heal up a bit more before they unleash their full fury on the beast.

Round 7 (bold may act!)
Leowarin (delay from Round 6)
Kalak (-0/26 hp, -4/4 temp hp; delay from Round 6)
Khon'Ur (-0/15 hp; delay from Round 7)
Stavarg (-2/13 hp; total defense)
Seltyiel (total defense)
Hydra (-33 hp)
Tarka (-7/11 hp)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | TL;DR Group

As you go about the tasks set to you, the magically-enhanced words of criers can be heard out on the city streets:

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Cathedral of Abadar will soon open its doors for the public auction! Anyone interested in participating must be within the cathedral in fifteen minutes. Once the auction starts, the doors will close. This is not an open door auction and no one will be admitted to the auction once the bidding starts!"
______________

Table GMs, begin wrapping up Act Three if you haven't already. Act Four begins tomorrow, October 12th!

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Kalak finally unleashes all the restraint he's been holding with his rage, swinging the massive hammer at the hydra!

Power attack, Rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 5) + 9 = 15


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Kalak unleased one, powerful blow with his earthbreaker, and sends the hydra crashing to the ground once again. The crowd lets out a loud synchronized gasp, as this one looks to be for real.

And, while its wounds can be seen healing as it lies on the ground, it doesn't stand up immediately, just twitching on the ground where it lies.

Round 7 (bold may act!)
Kalak (-0/26 hp, -4/4 temp hp)
Stavarg (-2/13 hp; total defense)
Seltyiel (total defense)
Hydra (-43 hp; prone, unconscious)
Leowarin (delay from Round 6)
Khon'Ur (-0/15 hp; delay from Round 7)
Tarka (-7/11 hp)

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kobold Gunslinger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 12 (11 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

”Back, and ready to fight! Take this!”

Shoot the Hydra (Attack): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Shoot the Hydra (Defense): 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Tarka then decides to load up her pistol, one more time.(Move action)

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Cleric 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +2 CMD 17 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Perc +9 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 2/6

Arrghhh, to hell with it! My patience has burst! Let's kill this scum already!

The dwarf rushes forward, but so as not to get hit by the hydra and thrusts his pickaxe into her meat!

Heavy Pick + Fury of the Abyss: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 1 = 201d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Move without AoO due to cover from the Kalak.


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Note: soft cover (cover provided by creatures) only protects against ranged attacks. While cover does prevent AoOs, AoOs are typically melee attacks, so wouldn't be prevented by soft cover.

In this case, the hydra is unconscious and prone, so there's no risk of an AoO regardless.

Just waiting on Leowarin to post to close this out.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Trap Breaker Alchemist 1 HP 6/9| AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +0 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | Speed 20ft Init +5 Perc +6 Low-light vision
Alchemy:
Bombs 2/5 | Shield, Blend | Dex mutagen
SLA:
comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic

Leo shakes his head as his companions attack the downed hydra, hoping they don't kill it and anger Axetongue. no action. sorry for the delay.

201 to 250 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday XI] GM Zin's Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.