[Gameday XI] GM Zin's Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Zin Z'arin

Slides


101 to 150 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Kalak continues his veer into the main campsite, barreling through the camp toward the standing guard, issuing a Shoanti warcry!

Double move

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Cleric 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +2 CMD 17 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Perc +9 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 6/6

Khon'Ur rushes to the left and just manages to reach the camp. And here he stands with a heavy pick raised over the barely awakened guard of the caravan. It's just like the good old days...

AoO | Heavy Pick: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Stavarg's follow-up blast follows the path of Leowarin's arrow, high and wide--though it illuminates the dark forest just as magnificently as the first one.

Kalak and Khon'Ur both approach the camp. Kalak's target grimaces with his bow and arrow ready, while Khon'Ur's holds his hands up in submission. "I'm just a driver," he squeaks. "Please don't kill me please don't kill me please don't kill me...."

Round 1 (bold may act!)
Tarka
Seltyiel

Round 2 (bold may act!)
Leowarin
???
Aspis
. . red guard (-7 hp)
. . orange
Kalak
Khon'Ur
Stavarg (-10/13 hp)
Aspis
. . yellow (prone)
. . green (prone)
Tarka
Seltyiel

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Cleric 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +2 CMD 17 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Perc +9 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 6/6

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 do his lamentations sound like the truth?

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kobold Gunslinger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 12 (11 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

*Yips a Draconic curse word* ”Tarka May as well run!”, Tarka shouts, running towards the prone Aspis guard (the yellow one), getting close, before shooting hard at him! I use the “Up Close & Deadly” Pistolero Deed

Up Close & Deadly Deed (Attack): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Damage Roll: 1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (4) = 6

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

Seltyel moves towards the archer.

Surrender now and nobody will be hurt!

Double move.

Dark Archive

Male Elf Trap Breaker Alchemist 1 HP 6/9| AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +0 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | Speed 20ft Init +5 Perc +6 Low-light vision
Alchemy:
Bombs 2/5 | Shield, Blend | Dex mutagen
SLA:
comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic

Hoping they will surrender, Leo moves up and takes aim at the original guard, waiting to see his reaction. Will attack if red guard attacks

Readied Ranged attack (red): 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 4 = 17
Damage (P): 1d6 ⇒ 5


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Khon'Ur has stood over a man blubbering for his life more than once before; he recognizes the true terror of a man out of his element who's about to die. Oh yeah, you believe him.

Tarka pushes through the dense undergrowth, approaching the camp from the east, but finds it harder to move through than she expected. I could be mistaken, but I don't think you accounted for difficult terrain in your movement; each of the rough green squares costs 2 squares of movement. If I'm wrong, and you accounted for that, then you can retcon your standard action, but you can't fire at yellow from your current position; yellow has total cover from you due to the tree.

Seltyiel dashes after the archer, calling for surrender.

Leowarin moves after Seltyiel, readying an attack in case the man doesn't surrender.

GM Screen:

Red vs Seltyiel AC 22: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Orange vs Kalak AC 16, pbs: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 damage, P, pbs: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8

The first, singed guard retreats further. "They didn't pay me to surrender!" he calls as he fires an arrow at Seltyiel. The arrow misses, and he pays for it; Leowarin's readied arrow strikes the guard as his bow-string is still twanging, staggering him.

The other guard takes a step away from Kalak, firing an arrow point-blank at the Shoanti's midsection. The arrow impales Kalak exactly as one would expect from a proficient show so close, but the barbarian is made of much stronger stuff and takes it well in stride. "Who are you people? What do you want?" The guard offers the questions reflexively, more out of shock than any real desire for answers.

Round 2 (bold may act!)
Leowarin
???
Aspis
. . red guard (-12 hp)
. . orange
Kalak (-8/26 hp)
Khon'Ur
Stavarg (-10/13 hp)
Aspis
. . yellow (prone)
. . green (prone)
Tarka
Seltyiel

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Kalak steps forward, eyes crazed, as he presses the archer back against the fallen tree, earthbreaker crashing down in a massive two-handed swing against the lightly armored Aspis guard.

Power Attack, Rage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 6) + 7 = 18


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Kalak unleashes the full fury of a fierce plains warrior on the guard, who clearly had no idea what he was facing. The man falls to the ground unconscious and bleeding out.

Round 2 (bold may act!)
Leowarin
???
Aspis
. . red guard (-12 hp)
. . orange (-18 hp; prone, unconscious, dying)
Kalak (-8/26 hp)
Khon'Ur
Stavarg (-10/13 hp)
Aspis
. . yellow (prone)
. . green (prone)
Tarka
Seltyiel

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

If it is ok to speak out of my turn.

Spoiler:
We are here for the gold, of course! A little bird has been singing that this caravan has loads of it!

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Cleric 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +2 CMD 17 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Perc +9 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 6/6

Kon'Ur still looks suspiciously at the man lying down. Aye! Finish off that northern one already! The big guy has taken down another bloody cretin 'ere! And the other two just whine.

Ready Action - Attack - if green gonna do anything offensive or get up


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD
Seltyiel Half-Elf wrote:
If it is ok to speak out of my turn.

It's always okay to speak when it's not your turn; that's explicitly part of the rules. Players may open Seltyiel's spoiler.

Free Actions wrote:
Speak In general, speaking is a free action that you can perform even when it isn’t your turn. Speaking more than a few sentences is generally beyond the limit of a free action.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | TL;DR Group | A Fistful of Flowers | Second Confirmation

A white raven begins circling overhead. The bird is Sheila Heidmarch’s signal that you should wrap things up and head back to Heidmarch Manor with or without the Aspis Consortium’s gold.
______________

Table GMs, this is your 24 hour warning. Act Two concludes September 22nd!

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

Well, that one is in Stavargs 120' range still, so...

Frustrated with his last shot missing, and hearing Kon'Ur's suggestion, Stavarg turns his glowing eyes North towards the fleeing guard. Again a maelstrom of crackling lightning gathers around him and wraps him in a very small storm.

[move] gather power

All at once it stops and the noise recedes just before all of the build up energy pulses North towards the guard.

[standard] attack RED (electric blast + extended range 120')
electric blast touch attack RED, E damage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Khon'Ur stands over the blubbering man, and his threat seems effective. Not only does the man stay on the ground, he rolls his face into the jacket he'd rolled up as a pillow, covers his head with his hands, and continues to whimper "please don't kill me, please don't kill me, please don't kill me...."

Stavarg lets off a third blast that again lights up the forest path; this one catches the guard fully in the chest and drops him where he stands.

The unattended man near the fire doesn't even stand up; he breaks in fear, scrambling on his chest from where he lies to crawl under the nearby wagon.

Round 2 (bold may act!)
Tarka
Seltyiel

Round 3 (bold may act!)
Leowarin
???
Aspis
. . red guard (-17 hp; prone, unconscious, dying)
. . orange guard (-18 hp; prone, unconscious, dying)
Kalak (-8/26 hp)
Khon'Ur
Stavarg (-10/13 hp)
Aspis
. . yellow driver (prone, under wagon)
. . green driver (prone)
Tarka
Seltyiel


Tarka grumbles, but understands Khon’Ur’s suggestion. She leaves the undergrowth, figuring she won’t be able to reach the northern guard, in time
Basically, a move action.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

The guard out of combat, Seltyel changes direction towards the caravan.

Double move.

Where is the gold? That is the only thing that we want. Give it to us and you will be free to leave.

Selyel looks at the drives wishing that violence will not be necessary.


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD
Gothic_Artificer wrote:

Tarka grumbles, but understands Khon’Ur’s suggestion. She leaves the undergrowth, figuring she won’t be able to reach the northern guard, in time

Basically, a move action.

Please make sure to post in Gameplay using your Tarka profile instead of Gothic_Artificer; they have the same avatar image, so I see how it's easy to mistake.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

The signal bird flashing as a warning sign to kalak, the Shoanti calms himself and begins rooting through the wagons for the gold so they can make a break for the rally point!

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | TL;DR Group | A Fistful of Flowers | Second Confirmation

The next morning, two hours before the auction is slated to begin, Sheila Heidmarch calls everyone back to the theater for another emergency briefing. She appears greatly agitated and her tenor is one of immediacy.

”My friends, we have little time and much work to do, so I’m going to make this simple. While you were dealing with the Aspis Consortium, my informants in the city investigated the individuals you reported on from last night’s gala. It seems a number of them have sufficient funds to jeopardize our efforts. In what little time remains, I need you to prevent as many of them from participating in the auction as possible. My agents will provide each of your groups with a mission brief. Once you complete the task, return here to inform us of the results, and we shall quickly set you upon another mission. Again, we need you to complete as many missions as you can before the auction starts. But remember to keep your efforts clandestine and try not to kill anyone important. We’re still trying to win the auction somewhat legally.”
______________

Table GMs, begin Act Three. Act Three will conclude October 12th!


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

You had a night to rest; you can heal, purchase supplies, and replenish spells before the start of this Act.

You are the first group that Sheila approaches. "You met some of these people at the gala, would you like to start with any of those individuals?"

Tables have 20 days in which to complete as many of the included missions as possible. It isn’t expected for tables to complete all eight missions, only that they complete as many as possible within the limited time. During the missions, the PCs earn Key Points by performing tasks that help increase the odds that the Pathfinder Society will win the auction. These task include eliminating rivals from the running, recovering debts, and earning money to increase funds.

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

Are missions just related to the bidders we uncovered, or is a list on the way?

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Cleric 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +2 CMD 17 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Perc +9 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 6/6

Did we cope with the caravan or did we miss the time? It seems that the guards have all fallen...

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

Seltyel has a look at the list. Reading through the names, he looks for some of the people that they already met at the gala. Particularly, the halfling with gambling problems.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Agreed, let us find the halfling we can persuade him to part with his coin? Kalak offers up.


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD
Stavarg Titanshade wrote:
Are missions just related to the bidders we uncovered, or is a list on the way?

If you don't choose one of the bidders you remember from the gala, she will assign you one. Rule of Two has you targeting Dymal Rinks first.

Khon'Ur wrote:
Did we cope with the caravan or did we miss the time? It seems that the guards have all fallen...

We earned a good number of successes, but we ran out of time to find the gold and another potential prize. There were more threats that were as-yet unknown to you; dropping the guards wasn't enough to make it a foregone conclusion. I wasn't kidding when I stressed how quickly these multitable specials can move.

"While we're not sure how much of a threat Dymal Rinks poses to our winning the auction, we don’t want to take any chances. Our informants tell us that Rinks owes a considerable debt to the proprietor of The Matador, Master Basaale Minvandu. Short on the funds to cover his debts, Dymal Rinks hopes to cash in on the Runecarved Key as part of a wild investment scheme. Unfortunately for Rinks, Minvandu wants his debts paid immediately and has sent his collectors to track the halfling down. I suspect we can easily knock Rinks out of the auction by turning him over to Minvandu's thugs."

"Still, I’m a little wary of this course of action as handing Rinks over to the bone-breakers may very well result in his death. Despite being a desperate little imp, Rinks is a decent arbitrator and if word gets back that we played a part in his death, it might make things difficult in the future. If you can avoid getting him killed it might help. Perhaps you can pretend to be thugs and scare him off or simply threaten to rat him out to Minvandu if he doesn’t back out of the auction."

"In any event, do whatever you need to do to drive him away. Oh, and he lied about his whereabouts. Our informants say he’s hiding out at the
Galesford Inn in Dockway."

The Galesford Inn is easy to find, and the trip there is uneventful.

Let me know if you memorized new spells for the day or made any purchases on your way.

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |
GM Zin wrote:
I’m a little wary of this course of action as handing Rinks over to the bone-breakers may very well result in his death.

I will certainly not hand this poor halfling to the thugs. I guess that making the thugs back off and hoping for Dymal to go for business somewhere else is not option, is it?

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Kalak opens the door to the Galesford Inn, looming in the doorway and standing there, letting the sun outline his massive frame. He scans the crowd looking for the halfling in question. Spotting him, (or not) he enters the room heading for the bar, and if possible, to cut off any lines of escape from the room, trusting on his speed to cover the ground quickly should the need arise.

We won't hand him over, let's scare the spirits from his bones and get him to flee for a couple weeks...

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

Rinks does not seem to be in the common room of the inn. You suspect that--since he's in hiding--he's likely to be holed up in his room.

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kobold Gunslinger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 12 (11 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

”Tarka hopes this isn’t too crazy….”, Tarka says, as she attempts to inquire information on Rinks’ room, from the innkeepers.

Gather information on Rinks’ room (Diplomacy): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

In the future, I would prefer to hear the words you're using to get the information out of the innkeeper (i.e. what story are you spinning about why you need to know his patron's room), but this special moves fast so I won't nit-pick it here. The roll was good enough.

The innkeeper gives you Rinks' room number, and points the way. You gather outside the door.

Map updated. Please position yourselves as you like in the hallway outside his room, and let me know how what you do from here.

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kobold Gunslinger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 12 (11 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

”Let Tarka handle this. Tarka have plan.”, Tarka says, as she carefully walks in, still startling Rinks. But she quickly tries to calm him down, by saying ”Relax. Tarka not here to hurt you. Tarka here to help. See, Tarka heard you had a gambling problem, en massive debt. Tarka been there. Look. Best place to go is Pathfinder Society. Even if not member, they help recovering gambling addicts. Like Tarka. Like you. Please. Go get help, instead of trying to get old key.” This is a faction-specific challenge, as seen on the Pathfinder Faction card, for the Grand Lodge: Convince an NPC to join the Pathfinder Society: DC 15+Character level (currently 16; uses either Diplomacy or Knowledge(Local), for the check)

Convince Rinks to join Pathfinder Society (Diplomacy): 1d20 ⇒ 19

Rinks seems convinced, but asks how she knew that the Pathfinder Society could help him, at which point, she does something dramatic and says ”Because Tarka joined Pathfinder Society, for same reason - they helped her from gambling debt en loan sharks. They’ll help you, too. Now please, leave to Pathfinder Society, quietly. And without telling others.” This startled Rinks, but reassured him to leave, and keep his mouth shut (hopefully).

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kobold Gunslinger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 12 (11 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

By the way, “en” is Tarka’s way of saying “&”. Just for clarification sake. Also, I forgot Tarka’s +2 to Diolomacy. Meaning she actually should’ve won with a 21 (5 points over the requirements). Not that it matters.


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

GM Screen:

poison dart vs Tarka FF AC 11: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 damage, P: 1d3 ⇒ 1

When Tarka opens the door, before she can get a word out, a dart flies out from a position just inside the frame and strikes her in the hand. 1 point of damage and a Fort save, Tarka.

To be clear, nothing that Tarka said in her post was actually said; the dart fired first. Proceed from there, please.

The door appears to be blocked by a table or something; Tarka could only open it partway. A chair can be seen positioned under a window, but she doesn't see Rinks from her position in the hall.

"There's more where that came from! Leave while you can, and tell Minvandu I'm long gone!"

Initiative:

Kalak: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Khon’Ur: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Leowarin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Seltyiel: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Stavarg: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Tarka: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Rinks: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Round 1 (bold may act!)
Rinks
Kalak
Stavarg
Tarka (-1/11 hp; Fort save pendind)
Khon'Ur
Leowarin
Seltyiel

Your actions start from any square in the hallway that you like.

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kobold Gunslinger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 12 (11 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Fort Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Annoyed, Tarka attempts to smash the door open, using her machete!

Smash door open (Melee Attack): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Smash door open (Melee Damage): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

Rinks! We are not Minvandu's thugs! But you will wish to see them if you do not behave in a reasonable way!

Tarka, if you were to give a 5-foot step to one side, that would allow me a chance to force the door.

Seltyel hits the door with his shoulder.

Strength check to force the door: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

The half-elf is decide to go into the room and the halfling is not precisely in the most luxurious room. So, the door falls down from its hinges easily.

Grand Lodge

Female NG Kobold Gunslinger 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 12 (11 Tch, 11 Fl) | CMD: 11 (10 Fl) | F: +3, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2, SM +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none
Seltyiel Half-Elf wrote:

Rinks! We are not Minvandu's thugs! But you will wish to see them if you do not behave in a reasonable way!

Tarka, if you were to give a 5-foot step to one side, that would allow me a chance to force the door.

Seltyel hits the door with his shoulder.

[dice=Strength check to force the door] 1d20+3

The half-elf is decide to go into the room and the halfling is not precisely in the most luxurious room. So, the door falls down from its hinges easily.

Can do!

Dark Archive

Male Elf Trap Breaker Alchemist 1 HP 6/9| AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | F +3 R +5 W +0 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | Speed 20ft Init +5 Perc +6 Low-light vision
Alchemy:
Bombs 2/5 | Shield, Blend | Dex mutagen
SLA:
comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic

Leo will prepare Blend again. Also, is the room on the first or second floor?

Not sure that all of them need to go to the room to find the halfling, and wanting to cover any means of escape, Leo goes outside to make sure Rinks doesn't try to escape out the window.

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

Waiting to see if the door was pushed further open before going.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

same


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD
Seltyiel Half-Elf wrote:
So, the door falls down from its hinges easily.

Please leave the narration to me; it's not so much the door that was the problem, but the table behind it.

After Tarka hacks a small divot into the door, Seltyiel puts his shoulder to it, giving it a good shove that uses the door itself to push the table behind it aside.

Leowarin, we'll say that it's on a second floor.

Round 1 (bold may act!)
Rinks
Kalak
Stavarg
Tarka (-1/11 hp)
Khon'Ur
Leowarin
Seltyiel

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |
GM Zin wrote:
Please leave the narration to me; it's not so much the door that was the problem, but the table behind it.

Ok. Sorry. It is my first PbP at Paizo forums and I am still grasping the style and what GMs expect and not expect from players.

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

Stavarg rushes into the room and retreats to the opposite corner where he has a clear view the halfling.

[move] 20', I believe provoking

Stand down and we don't have to work this out through violence! There are six of us and one of you!

IF Rinks refuses to stand down...:
[standard] electric blast touch attack, Elec damage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Grand Lodge

m CN dwarf Cleric 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +2 CMD 17 | F +7 R +1 W +5 | Perc +9 | DV90' | 20 ft. | Fury 6/6

From the corridor comes: In the name of Chandrabha! To you, the Queen of Wars and Snakes! Then there is unintelligible speech in Abyssal.

Simultaneously with these words, the dwarf bursts into the room and his eyes blaze with demonic rage. With all his strength, he strikes at the halfling!

Heavy Pick + Fury of the Abyss: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 171d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD

GM Screen:

short sword vs Stavarg AC 15: 1d20 ⇒ 14 damage, P: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Stavarg dashes across the room, drawing a strike from the nervous halfling; Rinks extends his sword over the upturned table, basically letting Stavarg run into the blade, drawing fresh blood in a jagged gash in the kineticist's side.

Khon'Ur jumps into the room behind Stavarg, and brings a frightening blow down towards Rinks, but the gambler ducks below the edge of the table, letting Khon'Ur's blow hack into the table instead of the halfling. Note: table comments for flavor; cover was not a factor in the miss

"I don't even have the money!!! You can murder me if you want; you'll still go home empty-handed!"

Round 1 (bold may act!)
Rinks
Kalak
Stavarg (-2/13 hp)
Tarka (-1/11 hp)
Khon'Ur
Leowarin
Seltyiel

FYI, should you desire to defuse the situation with a social skill, Diplomacy will not be effective during this combat.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Shoanti) 2 Barbarian (Un: Superstitious) HP:26 | AC:16 T 12 FF 14 | Fort +6 Ref +2 Will 0 | Perception +5 | initiative +2| Speed 40

Kalak loops around the melee coming into the fray he swings the earthbreaker not to break the halfling.

nonlethal attack: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 18
nonlethal: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 5) + 7 = 13

on mobile can someone move my icon?

Sovereign Court

Male LG Half-elf Fighter 2 | HP: 17/20 | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft |

Cannot we behave as civilized people?!, sighs Seltyel at the sight of what his companions are doing.

We are not here to murder this guy.

Liberty's Edge

Male NG aerokineticist 2 | HP 23/23, 0NL | AC 15, t13, ff12 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F+7 R+6 W+1 | Init +5 | Perc +6, SM +1 | Speed 20ft | Burn 0/7 | Active conditions: none

Okay, so should Stavarg's blast have gone off then? Or is he laying off after the AoO?


Spell Templates | Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) | CORE 10-10 The Shattered Shield | TBD
Stavarg Titanshade wrote:
Okay, so should Stavarg's blast have gone off then? Or is he laying off after the AoO?

I was treating it as a readied action to go off if Rinks continued to fight. Whether he stands down or not can't be determined until his turn comes up in the next round; sorry, I should have narrated that better.

Kalak moves into the room, effectively pinning Rinks against the wall behind the door. He clobbers the halfling with a careful slap of his earthbreaker. Moved your token

GM Screen:

1 Kalak, 2 Khon'Ur: 1d2 ⇒ 1
short sword vs Kalak AC 16: 1d20 ⇒ 9

"If Minvandu wants me dead for my debts, I guess you're going to have to kill me!"

Rinks swings at Kalak, but can't connect with his sword; this draws Stavarg's readied attack, but Stavarg is unable to target Rinks with so many Pathfinders in the way. The electrical blast slams harmlessly into the wall behind the halfling. Well, 'harmlessly' is relative depending on whether you're a halfling or a wall...

Round 2 (bold may act!)
Rinks (13 nl)
Kalak
Stavarg (-2/13 hp)
Tarka (-1/11 hp)
Khon'Ur
Leowarin
Seltyiel

101 to 150 of 349 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday XI] GM Zin's Race for the Runecarved Key (Tier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.