GM Dennis - SFS #4-10 The Way In - Table 2 (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

Slides


151 to 200 of 261 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Acquisitives

Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

"Hmmm, I wonder if I can reactivate the machine if Ishkitok gets injured... oh yes, let's continue on."

Grand Lodge

Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

Opening the door along the forward wall, you find a chamber lined with cylindrical cells. Roughly half the cells are occupied, each with a figure strapped to the wall inside. Helmets sprouting breathing and feeding tubes obscure the face of each captive, though status screens display the species, gender, and vital signs of those within. Most of the figures wear armor from the Pact Worlds, many adorned with Starfinder insignias.

You can free the captives with an Engineering check to cut the hydraulic lines holding the cells closed, a Computers check to override the programming, or an Athletics check to force the cells open. Each PC can make one check, or can instead aid someone else.

A glass-fronted panel built into the wall beside one row of cells contains three mk 2 serums of healing.

Exo-Guardians

Uplifted Koala sp 73 | hp 55| rp 10 | EAC 25 KAC 26| fort +7 ref +9 will +7 | init +11 | Perc 14 (DV)/ UPBear

"Ish, before I go tearing anything off its hinges, could you please check that they wont blow up, trigger some 'prisoner escape' mechanism, or warn some central computer of a breakout?"

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 56/56, HP 46/46, DR: 5/-| RP 8/8 | EAC 21; KAC 22 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10 (DV 60'), SM: +10+d6+1
Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Clever Improvisation: 1/1
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Translator 10/10
  • Jetpack 40/40 (2/Round or 1/Min)
  • Ammo (Skipshot) 18/20)
  • "Yeah we gotta get them outa here. Ish! Is it safe?" Conrad isn't really a nuts and bolts kinda guy, so he offers to help overriding the programming or cutting the lines.

    Exo-Guardians

    | SP 4/30 | HP 34/34 | RP 6/7 | EAC 18 KAC 20 CMD 28 | Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +9; +1 vs. Radiation, +2 vs. Hot environmental effects | Init +0 | Perception +13 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (5.22 days remaining) | Stare: AC | Radiation Badge | Spells: 2nd: 3/5, 1st: 4/6 | Male Kasatha (Corporate Agent) Battle Leader Mystic (Akashic) 5

    Usyl points out the serums. "The rest of you should take those. I can keep you going, but if I fall, you might need them."

    He then takes Blinky's advice to heart and also looks for traps or other hazardous mechanisms.

    Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
    (GM, if there is a trap and a that roll fails, I will use Dream Whispers to add +2 to it)

    If he does not see any threats, he will order his Armiger Sayyadina to assist Blinky while he maintains watch near the door.

    Athletics aid another: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

    Wayfinders

    CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 0/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    ”This ain’t so hard ” says Lucius, and he pulls out his tools.

    Engineering: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26

    ”Folks, Lucius will have you out in a jiffy.”

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    Ishkitik starts working on the Computers.

    Computers: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34

    "I don't see any signs of explosives."

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Looking the cells over carefully, Usyl doesn't find anything that seems dangerous about opening them. Working together, Lucius and Ishkitik technical know-how and Blinky's muscle easily open the cells, allowing you to pull the helmets off the figures inside.

    As the helmet is pulled from the final captive, it reveals the familiar face of a heavily augmented host shirren: Zigvigix, the leader of the Exo-Guardians lost in the battle of Siygess! They squint at the harsh fluorescent fixtures illuminating the chamber and take a moment to collect their bearings before their telepathic voice speaks in their rescuers’ minds. “I sure am glad to see you—in more ways than one. Those helmets cut off all contact with the world, including telepathy. All those days… weeks?....alone really wears on a person.” They shake their head as if to clear their mind, then look around the room once more. “So, what’s the plan, Starfinders?”

    Wayfinders

    CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 0/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    ”Ziggy-baby! What are you doing here?” asks Lucius. ”I heard you was missing, but never knew why!”

    Now having the stakes a bit higher, he replies, ”Guess we’re gonna hafta Hotwire dis ship an’ fly ‘er outta here. ”

    Exo-Guardians

    Uplifted Koala sp 73 | hp 55| rp 10 | EAC 25 KAC 26| fort +7 ref +9 will +7 | init +11 | Perc 14 (DV)/ UPBear

    "We're heading in to disable the ship, then taking the helm" Blinky offers casually as though it is a total certainty "In your brief period of captivity, did you observe anything noteworthy we should be aware of?"

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    "I'm afraid not. They had that thing on me almost immediately upon taking me on board."

    Wayfinders

    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 56/56, HP 46/46, DR: 5/-| RP 8/8 | EAC 21; KAC 22 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10 (DV 60'), SM: +10+d6+1
    Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Clever Improvisation: 1/1
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Translator 10/10
  • Jetpack 40/40 (2/Round or 1/Min)
  • Ammo (Skipshot) 18/20)
  • Canonically, how long ago was that battle?

    "Yeah, eager to get you off the ship, but we are on a waffle-stomping mission and it's got a time table." He looks at the shirren, hoping they say "yes", "Feel like some field work?"

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Something on the order of a few months.

    "I'm in no shape to fight, I'm afraid. None of us are, I'd imagine" Ziggy says, looking around at the other captives. "You'll have to do this on your own. Still, maybe you'll allow me some words of wisdom: I know you're worried about your friends outside, but you're no good to them if you get yourselves captured or killed. These enemies are tough, but you can trust Ixthia to buy you the time they said they would. Make sure you're ready before you try to storm the bridge."

    Wayfinders

    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 56/56, HP 46/46, DR: 5/-| RP 8/8 | EAC 21; KAC 22 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10 (DV 60'), SM: +10+d6+1
    Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Clever Improvisation: 1/1
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Translator 10/10
  • Jetpack 40/40 (2/Round or 1/Min)
  • Ammo (Skipshot) 18/20)
  • "Alrighty then. I hate to cut it short, but that means we should get going. Is there anything we can do for you before we go?"

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    "I think we'll be ok here."

    Where to next?

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    "Ziggy! We have missed you so much! Do you need a weapon?"

    To everyone else, "There's another life form across the hall, perhaps another Starfinder?"

    Wayfinders

    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 56/56, HP 46/46, DR: 5/-| RP 8/8 | EAC 21; KAC 22 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10 (DV 60'), SM: +10+d6+1
    Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Clever Improvisation: 1/1
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Translator 10/10
  • Jetpack 40/40 (2/Round or 1/Min)
  • Ammo (Skipshot) 18/20)
  • "There are life forms across the way. We need to check them too. Who knows what they could be."

    Conrad moves to the other side of the hall.

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    "I'm in no fighting shape, but if you have a weapon you aren't using I'll hold onto it and do my best if they come in here."

    -------

    Current status, based on looking back at previous encounters:

    Conrad 2/42 SP
    Pheobe 34/42 SP
    Ishkitik 27/42 SP

    -------

    GM Screen:
    1d20 + 28 ⇒ (18) + 28 = 46

    Initiative:
    Blinky Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
    Pheobe Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
    Usyl Init: 1d20 ⇒ 7
    Ishkitik Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
    Lucius Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
    Conrad Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
    ? Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

    -------

    The large chamber on the far side of the hall has tall ceilings climbing up to 20 feet. Stairs rise 5 feet in the center to reach a raised platform on top of machinery, and a horseshoe-shaped control panel stands just forward from it, attached to a cooling unit. You think you could likely disable the drift engine from this control panel with a Computers, Engineering, or Physical Science check. You see no signs of any life in this room.

    Wayfinders

    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 56/56, HP 46/46, DR: 5/-| RP 8/8 | EAC 21; KAC 22 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10 (DV 60'), SM: +10+d6+1
    Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Clever Improvisation: 1/1
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Translator 10/10
  • Jetpack 40/40 (2/Round or 1/Min)
  • Ammo (Skipshot) 18/20)
  • "Huh I thought there'd be life here. Either wayh, let's cause a kerfuffle in the plan."

    Conrad opts for the ol'adage "when in doubt, push a bunch of buttons."
    Computers: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

    Wayfinders

    CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 0/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    ”Yo, Conrad, be careful wit’ dat. We wanna turn it back on later. ”

    engineering: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24

    Exo-Guardians

    Uplifted Koala sp 73 | hp 55| rp 10 | EAC 25 KAC 26| fort +7 ref +9 will +7 | init +11 | Perc 14 (DV)/ UPBear

    Blinky follows along, letting the subject matter experts do their thing.

    "We had a life sign show up in here, I bet it is a brain in a jar..." Blinky looks for where the life sign is supposed to be.

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    Ishkitik moves in to help with the panel.

    Computers: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30

    Exo-Guardians

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    | SP 4/30 | HP 34/34 | RP 6/7 | EAC 18 KAC 20 CMD 28 | Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +9; +1 vs. Radiation, +2 vs. Hot environmental effects | Init +0 | Perception +13 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (5.22 days remaining) | Stare: AC | Radiation Badge | Spells: 2nd: 3/5, 1st: 4/6 | Male Kasatha (Corporate Agent) Battle Leader Mystic (Akashic) 5

    Apologies - I wasn't expecting the game to continue going at full speed during the holiday weekend.

    As Starfinders and others are being unplugged and rescued from those devices, Usyl would be giving each one a once-over to check on their well-being, mentally making notes in case future triage is necessary in case of emergency or evacuation. When Zigvigix is revealed, the kasathan exo-guardian stands to attention and salutes. "Good to have you back."

    In the new chamber, he will carefully look around, standing watch while the rest of the team focus on disabling the drift engine - as Blinky did note, there were life signs in this area...

    Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

    We should consider a 10 minute rest at some point after disabling the engine, too. Usyl can only help heal a little bit of stamina and that only 1/round and in turn then only if that person drops an enemy in combat.

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Sorry, I should have polled to see how folks wanted to treat the holiday; that's why I didn't move us forward yesterday, too.

    Usyl carefully looks around the room, but sees no signs of anything that might have caused the life signs on the scans.

    As Conrad begins to work on disabling the drift engine, one of the cables connecting the control panel to the cooling unit against the nearby wall whips around and tries to wrap around Conrad!

    Surprise round:
    Slam vs. Conrad flat-footed KAC: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
    Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

    The shifty envoy just manages to duck, however, and the cable flies over his head. The cooling unit splits open, revealing a wide, toothy maw and it rears up to attack again! Before any of the Starfinders can react, the creature sprays a cone of blisteringly-cold cooling fluid that washes over everyone at the control panel! 20-ft cone from its lower right corner.

    Top of round 1:
    Coolant spray vs. Conrad flat-footed EAC: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 13 - 2 = 16 Miss.
    Coolant spray vs. Lucius flat-footed EAC: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 - 2 = 17 Miss.
    Coolant spray vs. Ishkitik flat-footed EAC: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 - 2 = 15 Miss.
    Coolant spray vs. Ishkitok flat-footed EAC: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 13 - 2 = 30 I'm guessing this hits.

    Cold damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

    What is this thing?! (Life Science):

    DC 19. If you succeed, you may open the ‘Basic Information’ spoiler, plus one other of your choice. You may open an additional spoiler for every 5 by which you exceed the DC.

    Basic Information:

    Spoiler:
    This is a midships mimic, a large aberration (shapechanger) known for replacing starship components and mimicking their function while siphoning energy to sustain itself. This one seems a little lethargic, perhaps because this ship hasn’t activated its drift engine in a while.

    Resistances and Immunities:
    Spoiler:
    None

    Weaknesses:
    Spoiler:
    None

    Special Defenses:
    Spoiler:
    +10 racial bonus to disguise itself as a starship component.

    Special Attacks:
    Spoiler:
    It’s slam attack has the Grab property, meaning it grabs on if it exceeds its target’s KAC by 4. When it maintains a grapple or pin it deals constrict damage. It can also emit a spray of caustic coolant as a ranged weapon with the blast special property.

    --------

    Initiative!

  • Big and toothy
  • Lucius
  • Pheobe
  • Ishkitik Ishkitok 9 damage
  • Blinky
  • Conrad
  • Usyl

    Whole party may act.

  • Wayfinders

    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 56/56, HP 46/46, DR: 5/-| RP 8/8 | EAC 21; KAC 22 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10 (DV 60'), SM: +10+d6+1
    Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Clever Improvisation: 1/1
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Translator 10/10
  • Jetpack 40/40 (2/Round or 1/Min)
  • Ammo (Skipshot) 18/20)
  • "What the hell? Why is the ship fighting us?"

    Conrad encourages the others to "get'em" while laying down some harrying fire for the more combative team members:
    ATK: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 Everyone gets a +1 to hit, and the next attacker gets +2 on top of that.

    Wayfinders

    CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 0/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    "DAYUM!"

    Lucius hits a couple of switches on the control panel in front of him, triggering strobe lights.
    computers to trick attack: 1d20 + 17 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 17 + 4 = 41 I think that works...

    Without moving, as he has cover behind the control panel, he fires his laser.
    Holy Called Membrane Holdout Pistol vs FF, Get 'em!: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15
    Sigh. Nice try.

    Exo-Guardians

    | SP 4/30 | HP 34/34 | RP 6/7 | EAC 18 KAC 20 CMD 28 | Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +9; +1 vs. Radiation, +2 vs. Hot environmental effects | Init +0 | Perception +13 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (5.22 days remaining) | Stare: AC | Radiation Badge | Spells: 2nd: 3/5, 1st: 4/6 | Male Kasatha (Corporate Agent) Battle Leader Mystic (Akashic) 5

    Life Science: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
    It may be silly, but I'm going to use my t-shirt reroll on this.

    Life Science: 1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 5 = 28

    Usyl's eyes go wide at first but then narrow behind the blood-red visor with determination.

    "It's a midships mimic! No special weaknesses, resistances, or immunities...but it IS a living creature, which means..."

    (Swift Action)

    Overbearing Stare (Su) DC 17:
    Each day when you regain Stamina and daily abilities following an 8-hour rest, choose one of the following: AC, Attack rolls, Fort saves, Ref saves, or Will saves. You can focus your gaze on one creature within 30 feet as a swift action, bringing down upon it the full might of unseen spirits associated with your connection. The target must succeed at a Will save or take a –1 penalty to the chosen statistic. You can maintain this effect against only one opponent at a time, and it remains in effect until you stare at a new target, the opponent moves more than 30 feet away from you, or either you or the opponent fall unconscious or dies. The penalties of multiple overbearing stares don’t stack. Once you have used this ability against a target, you can’t do so again for 24 hours.
    This is a mind-affecting, sense-dependent curse effect.

    Fail = Mimic takes a -1 to AC.

    Usyl then weaves one hand into a mudra, focusing his inner strength to lash out at the creature!

    Mind Thrust 2: 4d10 ⇒ (9, 9, 3, 1) = 22 Damage
    DC 18 Will Save for half

    Finally, Usyl takes a guarded step in front of the door to start setting up a flanking position for the others.

    Usyl's shadow chain has 10' reach, so he is already set to provide a flank for anyone who can get to the opposite diagonal area. Also, yay! Something my mind-affecting and poison spells will work against!

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Looks like Lucius counted the Harrying Fire bonus (circumstance), but not the Get 'Em bonus (morale), which would make that a 16, which just hits flat-footed EAC.

    Lucius laser with trick attack damage: 1d6 + 3 + 3d8 ⇒ (5) + 3 + (4, 8, 1) = 21

    ---------

    Lucius distracts the strange creature with flashing lights, then lights it up with his laser pistol with a little help from Conrad! Usyl, meanwhile, realizes what this is and that, unlike the robots, it's not immune to mental invasion!

    Will save vs. Overbearing Stare: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

    He glares into the what seems to be the creature's eye, causing it to recoil back before he assaults its mind!

    Will save vs. Mind Thrust 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

    ----------

    Initiative!

  • Mimic -1 AC, flat-footed, -22hp
  • Lucius
  • Pheobe
  • Ishkitik Ishkitok 9 damage.
  • Blinky
  • Conrad
  • Usyl

    Pheobe, Ishkitik, and Blinky may act.

  • Exo-Guardians

    Uplifted Koala sp 73 | hp 55| rp 10 | EAC 25 KAC 26| fort +7 ref +9 will +7 | init +11 | Perc 14 (DV)/ UPBear

    Blinky moves in to engage with his axe...

    Get 'em
    Attack 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 1 = 16 vs KAC
    Damage 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Blinky moves in and attacks, but even with Usyl's stare and Lucius's trick, the creature is just able to dodge his axe.

    Pheobe and Ishkitik may act. Also, I forgot to add Lucius's damage in the initiative block. The creature is actually down 43hp.

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    Ishkitik backs away, drawing her corona laser pistol. She then prompts Ishkitok.

    "ISHKITOK MOVES INTO BATTLE!"

    aurora storm doshko: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
    bzzt!: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 6) + 10 = 24 electricity

    I need to make a separate Ishkitok profile, but she does have DR2/-, so she is down 2 less hp than is listed

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Ishkitik sends Ishkitok in, the powerful bot slamming its crackling doshko into the mimic! Ishkitok took Cold damage from the spray, so the DR 2/- wouldn't apply. Noted for the future, though.

    Initiative!

  • Mimic -1 AC, flat-footed, -67hp
  • Lucius
  • Pheobe
  • Ishkitik Ishkitok 9 damage.
  • Blinky
  • Conrad
  • Usyl

    Pheobe may act.

  • Paizo Employee

    | SP 56/56 | HP 52/52 | RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 26 CMD 34 | Fort +3, Ref +12, Will +8 | Init +9 | Perception +15 [/b] | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 days remaining) | Female Screedreep (Street Rat) Operative (Thief) 8

    Sorry,, family distractions over the holiday threw my posting out of whack.

    Seeing Ziggy, Pheobe tears up, for once lost for words. As she finally finds her composure to speak, she sees the cable reaching around Connor's neck. She then wipes the tears from her face, and quickly skirts around the perimeter of the group. Hopeful that she has confused it with her movements and found a clear shot Pheobe fires.

    Trick attack: 1d20 - 20 + 17 ⇒ (2) - 20 + 17 = -1 Successful against CR -1
    Called Thunderstrike Sonic pistol: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 = 12
    trick damage: 3d8 ⇒ (4, 2, 1) = 7
    Sonic Pistol Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Pheobe, still distracted by the surprise reunion with Ziggy, is thrown off a little and her attack goes wide. Still reeling from Ishkitok's massive strike, the creature lashes out at the battlebot!

    Slam: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26
    Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
    If that beats Ishkitok's KAC by 4, they are grabbed.

    --------

    Initiative!

  • Mimic -1 AC, -67hp
  • Lucius
  • Pheobe
  • Ishkitik Ishkitok 20 damage, grabbed?.
  • Blinky
  • Conrad
  • Usyl

    Whole party may act.

  • Wayfinders

    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 56/56, HP 46/46, DR: 5/-| RP 8/8 | EAC 21; KAC 22 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10 (DV 60'), SM: +10+d6+1
    Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Clever Improvisation: 1/1
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Translator 10/10
  • Jetpack 40/40 (2/Round or 1/Min)
  • Ammo (Skipshot) 18/20)
  • "HOLYSCHNIKEYS!" Conrad continues to urge the party to attack, taking a shot with his slipshot pistol:

    ATK: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 = 30 for Double of: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4) + 3 = 8 Doh! I'm guessing it can't bleed, but it is d6 Bleed

    Exo-Guardians

    Uplifted Koala sp 73 | hp 55| rp 10 | EAC 25 KAC 26| fort +7 ref +9 will +7 | init +11 | Perc 14 (DV)/ UPBear

    Blinky keeps chopping away - "Blah! Let my friend go!"

    Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 vs KAC
    Damage 1d12 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

    Exo-Guardians

    | SP 4/30 | HP 34/34 | RP 6/7 | EAC 18 KAC 20 CMD 28 | Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +9; +1 vs. Radiation, +2 vs. Hot environmental effects | Init +0 | Perception +13 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (5.22 days remaining) | Stare: AC | Radiation Badge | Spells: 2nd: 3/5, 1st: 4/6 | Male Kasatha (Corporate Agent) Battle Leader Mystic (Akashic) 5

    Will post in a little bit, but Usyl has an action that would modify Blinky's attack. Just want to note it now while I have a moment.

    Exo-Guardians

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    | SP 4/30 | HP 34/34 | RP 6/7 | EAC 18 KAC 20 CMD 28 | Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +9; +1 vs. Radiation, +2 vs. Hot environmental effects | Init +0 | Perception +13 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (5.22 days remaining) | Stare: AC | Radiation Badge | Spells: 2nd: 3/5, 1st: 4/6 | Male Kasatha (Corporate Agent) Battle Leader Mystic (Akashic) 5

    Usyl would motion for Blinky to wait half a moment for him to act. He would first maintain the overbearing stare (free action), then touch Blinky's blade, casting Venemous Weapon on it.

    The next 5 attacks Blinky makes with that weapon are poisoned. Each creature damaged by these attacks must succeed at a DC 18 Fortitude save or be sickened for 2d4 rounds.

    He will then growl at the mimic in a threatening manner, leveraging his Hellknight armor's natural imposing angles, hellish-red armor lights, and enhanced spikes added on for additional effect. (Move Action: Improved demoralize - sense-dependent, so as long as the mimic can hear, it can be affected).

    Intimidate: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
    DC = 10 + your opponent’s total Intimidate skill bonus, or 15 + 1-1/2 × the opponent’s CR, whichever is greater.

    If you succeed, the target is shaken for 1 round. The duration increases by 1 round for every 5 by which the result of your check exceeds the DC.
    Grim Trophies Armor Upgrade: While wearing armor with grim trophies, if you successfully cause a foe to be shaken, the foe applies the –2 penalty from that condition to weapon damage rolls in addition to the other rolls it normally applies to.

    ---

    GM: The goal is for Usyl to do these before Blinky acts, so that if the mimic can be demoralized, its shaken condition would apply to its save vs. sickened, etc. Thanks!

    Wayfinders

    CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 0/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    Lucius again does his tricks with the console, not wanting to let this fake power conduit get away with tricking them!
    trick attack, computers: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32
    trick attack Holy Called Membrane Holdout Pistol: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 fire + precision: 1d6 + 3 + 3d8 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (7, 8, 7) = 31

    Paizo Employee

    | SP 56/56 | HP 52/52 | RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 26 CMD 34 | Fort +3, Ref +12, Will +8 | Init +9 | Perception +15 [/b] | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 days remaining) | Female Screedreep (Street Rat) Operative (Thief) 8

    Pheobe takes a deep breath, willing herself to focus on the threat at hand. Trying to throw off the mimic, she side steps and shoots again.

    Trick attack: 1d20 - 20 + 17 ⇒ (2) - 20 + 17 = -1 Successful against CR -1
    Called Thunderstrike Sonic pistol: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 = 21
    trick damage: 3d8 ⇒ (6, 2, 6) = 14
    Sonic Pistol Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    Ishkitok, grabbed, can't use her doshko!

    Ishkitik fires her pistol!

    corona laser pistol, overcharged: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
    ouch!: 2d4 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 + (6) = 15

    Ishkitok tries to break free!

    Athletics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Usyl intimidates the creature, then coats Blinky's ax in magical poison. Blinky then buries the venomous weapon in the mimic, causing the poison to course through its veins. Before it can begin to feel the effects, however, the rest of the team blast it, leaving nothing but a smoking husk when the smoke clears! Out of combat.

    Conrad, Lucius, and Ishkitik quickly get back to work and have the drift engine disabled in just a moment (using your rolls from before combat). On one wall of this room you find an array of power tools, including one that could deliver an electric shock in melee (functions as an aurora shock pad).

    What's next?

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    While you're deciding your next move, your comm units once again crackle to life with another update from Ixthia: "We're holding our own so far, but they're too disciplined to fall for our feints. We're going to have to try something new pretty soon, if we want to keep them occupied."

    Exo-Guardians

    Uplifted Koala sp 73 | hp 55| rp 10 | EAC 25 KAC 26| fort +7 ref +9 will +7 | init +11 | Perc 14 (DV)/ UPBear

    Do we have time for a 10 minute break for some of the team to catch their breath (I don't think we did earlier) or its it 'onward to the breach (bridge)!

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    Ishkitik and Ishkitok could both use some healing. We were told we had twenty minutes, so there should be time for one ten minute rest.

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Yeah, you have time for one 10-minute break during the course of your incursion.

    Exo-Guardians

    Uplifted Koala sp 73 | hp 55| rp 10 | EAC 25 KAC 26| fort +7 ref +9 will +7 | init +11 | Perc 14 (DV)/ UPBear

    Tactical pause then for a top-up so injured people can regain stam, Then off to the upper deck (via route on map)

    Wayfinders

    CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 0/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    "Yo, boss! We're doin' our best. Been fightin' up a storm in here, too!" replies Lucius on the comms. "But, we'll push as much as we can!"

    Wayfinders

    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 56/56, HP 46/46, DR: 5/-| RP 8/8 | EAC 21; KAC 22 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10 (DV 60'), SM: +10+d6+1
    Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Clever Improvisation: 1/1
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Translator 10/10
  • Jetpack 40/40 (2/Round or 1/Min)
  • Ammo (Skipshot) 18/20)
  • conrad cracks open not only a hip flask, but two, and mixes himself up a drink he calls a "Manhatten-from-a-six-demon-bag." "Anyone want one? It'll help for the inevitable shitshow to come."

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Conrad channels his experience as a bartender, fortifying spirits with fortified spirits while the party takes a breather. Anyone that wants to can spend 1 RP to get stamina back, and any other 10-minute rest things.

    Once the party is ready to proceed, you move to the end of the hall where you find a hatch in the ceiling leading up. Despite the lack of ladder, you're able to make your way up to the upper deck with a little cooperative effort. You find yourself in a sort of staging room, with exits on the forward and starboard walls.

    I've added a slide for the upper deck (slide 12). Remember that you have a copy of the deck plan (slide 8), though you don't know which room is which. Where to next?

    151 to 200 of 261 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dennis - SFS #4-10 The Way In - Table 2 All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.