GM Dennis - SFS #4-10 The Way In - Table 2 (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

Slides


1 to 50 of 261 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

If you were mustered to this table, please dot in and delete your post.

Grand Lodge

Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

It’s been two weeks since you left Absalom station aboard the Starfinder destroyer Best of Intentions, travelling through the Drift accompanied by a fleet of smaller vessels. Today, however, the monotony of the journey has been interrupted: Ixthia the Unbreakable, acting leader of the Exo-Guardians and commander of the fleet, has requested that you meet with them regarding the upcoming mission.

Arriving at the conference room Ixthia has co-opted as their fleet command center, you find that several other veteran agents have been summoned as well. “Welcome Starfinders,” Ixthia says, looking up from one of several display screens in front of them. “Please take a seat. We’re only a few days from our destination, and there’s still quite a bit to do. First, however, please take a moment to get to know each other; you will be working closely together in the days ahead.”

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in character. We’ll move one once everyone has had a chance to post.

Wayfinders

Male NG Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 56/56, HP 46/46, DR: 5/-| RP 8/8 | EAC 21; KAC 22 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10 (DV 60'), SM: +10+d6+1
Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Clever Improvisation: 1/1
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Translator 10/10
  • Jetpack 40/40 (2/Round or 1/Min)
  • Ammo (Skipshot) 18/20)
  • Conrad looks around, muttering under his breath, "What kind of briefing doesn't have whiskey?" He shuffles around a bit looking to and fro for something to drink. Eventually he gives up, laughs at himself a bit, then smiles to the room at large.

    Conrad is a man of good looks with a confident comportment. He's quick with his fresh (and wry) smile, and acknowledges any who look his way. Some people actively wave as if they know the man. It's likely true that they do, not as a Starfinder, but owner and operator of the Flaxseed Station cantina.

    He's slight of build, though the contours of his estex suite show off a toned physique. While his skipshot pistol is pretty standard, his dueling sword looks more like fashion than function.

    His shemagh drapes comfortably, like a man who grew up wearing them. Coupled with complexion, and it's easy to link him to Akiton, his homeworld.

    Exo-Guardians

    Uplifted Koala sp 73 | hp 55| rp 10 | EAC 25 KAC 26| fort +7 ref +9 will +7 | init +11 | Perc 14 (DV)/ UPBear

    The furry mountain covered in sand-scoured armour and weapons (including a meaty axe) chomps his cigar and rubs behind an ear as he looks at the small chairs designed for humans "I'll stand I reckon", he looks back at the small chairs, clearly working out how much weight they could 'bear'.

    "Blinky Bluegum, friends call me 'Bamboozle'. Spend most of my time on Akiton. Archaeologist, but prefer the great outdoors to a stuffy library, much more interested in negotiating the tough desert sands. There's a lot of history and hidden life on Akiton and I take various interested parties out in the sands for research projects - mostly people wanting to look at the many species of cacti, grasses and shrubs whose roots dig deep to find aquifers and sources of water and asses their viability for transplanting to other barren planets as a potential way to create organic water sources, and other scientists and adventure tourists wanting to look at some of the ancient wrecks, though not much call to go find thasteron deposits. Occasionally we get the Ysoki scrappers needing a guide as they hunt down a payday."

    "Anyhow, this flying around on a starship has been an interesting change from my usual work in the outback of Akiton. Still got red dust through everything, don't think it is ever coming back out" He takes a chug of strong black tea with heaps of sugar and a few odd leaves in it.

    He pours out another cup and puts it down in front of Conrad "No whiskey, but it's the best we've got until the pub opens"

    Wayfinders

    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 56/56, HP 46/46, DR: 5/-| RP 8/8 | EAC 21; KAC 22 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10 (DV 60'), SM: +10+d6+1
    Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Clever Improvisation: 1/1
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Translator 10/10
  • Jetpack 40/40 (2/Round or 1/Min)
  • Ammo (Skipshot) 18/20)
  • "I'll try anything once. I think I've heard of you. I mean, not a lot of Uplifted Koalas on planet. Pleasure to actually make your acquaintance."

    Conrad gives the brew a sniff, and then tries it. A bit too sweet for his liking, but only a bit.

    Wayfinders

    CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 0/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    "Yo, name's Lucius. Don't let the rumors fool you, I am d' rat dat can get stuff done. You gots a ship, I can fly it, fix it, you name it. I gots da skillz."

    Lucius appears to be rather typically looking ysoki, with dark black fur, and a variety of gear stowed on his Ysoki Refractor Suit.

    "You need somethin'? I am the rat that can get it done!" He pulls out a bottle of Hivemarket Rare Whiskey. "This should do it, right? Pretty sure it was good when I packed it in there."

    He holds the bottle out for Conrad.

    I think i still need to buy this for him, plus a couple of weapon fusions.

    Wayfinders

    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 56/56, HP 46/46, DR: 5/-| RP 8/8 | EAC 21; KAC 22 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10 (DV 60'), SM: +10+d6+1
    Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Clever Improvisation: 1/1
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Translator 10/10
  • Jetpack 40/40 (2/Round or 1/Min)
  • Ammo (Skipshot) 18/20)
  • "Glad to make your acquaintance Danger Mouse!" There is no irony in Conrad's voice.

    Exo-Guardians

    | SP 4/30 | HP 34/34 | RP 6/7 | EAC 18 KAC 20 CMD 28 | Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +9; +1 vs. Radiation, +2 vs. Hot environmental effects | Init +0 | Perception +13 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (5.22 days remaining) | Stare: AC | Radiation Badge | Spells: 2nd: 3/5, 1st: 4/6 | Male Kasatha (Corporate Agent) Battle Leader Mystic (Akashic) 5

    Still behind on getting my character into PbP format, but his sheet is 99% updated on Roll20 sans spending ~5,000 credits. I can send screenshots if the sheets are needed before I'm caught up. Post-con shenanigans and now Extra Life charity stream tomorrow = I'm getting exhausted.

    A tall kasatha enters the briefing room, heralded in advance by the clanking of his heavy-plated armor. Even beyond normal kasathan traditions of covering one's mouth, his whole face is hidden behind the helm that marks him as a Hellknight. The red armor lights radiate a bit before adjusting to the room's ambient levels as he looks to regard everybody currently present, giving each a respectful-yet-curt nod, before finding a seat nearby.

    "I am Usyl Hayet Esmar of Clan Tolar, House Zye, 9th Warden in the line of Tuek. Even though it may not require mention given my armor, I am a Hellknight Signifer in the Order of the Scourge, though the conditions of my standing with my order permit me to remain a Starfinder first in all things."

    He turns his head slightly as an athletic female drow follows him in, clad in similar but much lighter armor. "This is Armiger Sayyadina, who accompanies me to assist with physical endeavors in the field." She nods as well, then takes a seat in the back of the chamber.

    Exo-Guardians

    Uplifted Koala sp 73 | hp 55| rp 10 | EAC 25 KAC 26| fort +7 ref +9 will +7 | init +11 | Perc 14 (DV)/ UPBear

    "Haven't worked with Hellknights before, any customs or traditions I should be aware of?"

    Wayfinders

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 56/56, HP 46/46, DR: 5/-| RP 8/8 | EAC 21; KAC 22 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10 (DV 60'), SM: +10+d6+1
    Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Clever Improvisation: 1/1
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Translator 10/10
  • Jetpack 40/40 (2/Round or 1/Min)
  • Ammo (Skipshot) 18/20)
  • Ha! That's a lot of Dune in one post. Love it!

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    A shirren woman walks in with a rolling suitcase. She eyes everyone carefully.

    "Hi, I'm Ishkitik. I don't think I've worked with any of you before, but you might know me from the Battlebot circuit." She unzips the suitcase. "I promise that I check her source code every day, okay? There is no sign of the Data Scourge virus."

    A rounded robot with a smily face painted on steps out. "This is Ishkitok's current model. I tried to make her look less scary since people are so afraid of robots right now. The current battlebot season is canceled, even."

    I will finish getting Ishkitik into PBP format tonight!

    Wayfinders

    CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 0/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    "Wait, the current season or Battlebots? is canceled? I was thinkin' about havin' an entry." replies Lucius. "And tell me 'bout this datascourge virus. I've been out of touch lately."

    Paizo Employee

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    | SP 56/56 | HP 52/52 | RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 26 CMD 34 | Fort +3, Ref +12, Will +8 | Init +9 | Perception +15 [/b] | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 days remaining) | Female Screedreep (Street Rat) Operative (Thief) 8

    Poking her head out from her hood, eyes wide at you all, a small screedreep with a rainbow mohawk looks around at you all.

    "Battlebots, that seems really, really cool - though I don't think I've ever seen them on TV - we didn't get Pact Worlds shows where I'm from. I don't think I've meant and of you before, so hi! My name's Persephone Briarus, but you can call me Phoebe, cause people only use my full name when I'm in trouble.... Speaking of trouble, I'm a bit skittish, and tend to yell out when I'm surprised. Also, if we get into any scraps, don't worry immediately if I fall down... I tend to look for ways to pop up and catch people off guard."

    She takes a breath after talking so fast, and looks towards Lucius.

    "As for the Data Scourge... I don't know a lot about it, just that it seemed to throw Absalom Station for a tizzy last spring... Not good, not good at all."

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    “Very good. There’s much to do, so let’s get started. Recently, a team of Starfinders obtained data that gave us some insight into our robotic foes. Using that intel, we’ve been able to locate a large number of their ships here.” With a tap on the data pad in front of them, a holographic projection of a star system, dominated by a large, ringed gas giant, springs up from the center of the table. “This is the Cantlah system. Not much of interest, really; no inhabitants, no signs of anything unusual. For reasons unknown to us, however, our enemy has decided to use this system as a staging ground for their fleet. We don’t know exactly what we’ll find when we arrive, but our hope is to sneak into the system undetected and do a bit of reconnaissance before launching a surprise attack. As some of the most experienced agents on this expedition, you’ll have a big part to play in whatever comes next. Do you have any questions?”

    ---------

    You might know something about these robots already:

    Engineering (Recall Knowledge) or Diplomacy (Gather Information):
    10+:
    Spoiler:
    The robot attackers have been encountered in a variety of shapes and sizes, from small, multilegged machines the size of dogs to huge constructs the size of cars.

    15+:
    Spoiler:
    Many of the machines have featured newer, upgraded components attached to older industrial frames.

    20+:
    Spoiler:
    Strange runes cover the frames of many of these robotic assailants. The robots can activate these runes to gain magical abilities beyond their typical capabilities.

    25+:
    Spoiler:
    Many of the robotic assailants have the ability to quickly repair their allies, though performing these repairs damages themselves in the process.

    30+:
    Spoiler:
    Technically savvy Starfinders have noticed consistent behaviors among the different types of robotic assailants. This has given them insight into the robots’ functioning which can be applied to other situations. You gain a bonus to <REDACTED>.

    Exo-Guardians

    Uplifted Koala sp 73 | hp 55| rp 10 | EAC 25 KAC 26| fort +7 ref +9 will +7 | init +11 | Perc 14 (DV)/ UPBear

    Engineering
    Using data set (Library chip + Take 20) = DC35

    "One minute - Just going through my records now "

    "Says here - 'The robot attackers have been encountered in a variety of shapes and sizes, from small, multilegged machines the size of dogs to huge constructs the size of cars' - that seems pretty concerning, don't like fighting cars"

    "Also says 'Many of the machines have featured newer, upgraded components attached to older industrial frames' - Seems like a good idea - reduce, reuse, recycle!'

    "And 'Strange runes cover the frames of many of these robotic assailants. The robots can activate these runes to gain magical abilities beyond their typical capabilities' - Guess that is a mystical mystery for us to solve?"

    "Apparently 'Many of the robotic assailants have the ability to quickly repair their allies, though performing these repairs damages themselves in the process'"

    "Oh and listen to this! Technically savvy Starfinders have noticed consistent behaviors among the different types of robotic assailants. This has given them insight into the robots’ functioning which can be applied to other situations' - That factoid is going to come in handy!"

    Blinky turns back to the VC, "Yeah I have a question, what is it exactly that you want us to do? What is this part you have planned for us?"

    Wayfinders

    CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 0/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    "Can you tell us something about our 'enemies'? Who is behind this, what or who are they?" asks Lucius.

    "Thank you, Blinky, for that information. Magical robots, that is kind of scary."

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺
    Blinky 'Bamboozle' Bluegum wrote:
    Blinky turns back to the VC, "Yeah I have a question, what is it exactly that you want us to do? What is this part you have planned for us?"

    "We'll know more once we arrive in-system. At the very least, if we manage to sneak in to the system undetected as I hope, you should expect to be assigned to some scouting of their fleet. We'll have another briefing once we arrive and have better information."

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺
    Space Lucius wrote:
    "Can you tell us something about our 'enemies'? Who is behind this, what or who are they?" asks Lucius.

    "I'm afraid we don't know yet who or what is ultimately behind these robots."

    Paizo Employee

    | SP 56/56 | HP 52/52 | RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 26 CMD 34 | Fort +3, Ref +12, Will +8 | Init +9 | Perception +15 [/b] | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 days remaining) | Female Screedreep (Street Rat) Operative (Thief) 8

    "So, it could be anyone from and aggravated tech savvy rich dude to the Azlanti empire themselves..." Pheobe shudders at the thought of the Azlanti moving this far from their own strongholds. "Magi-tech, especially of this nature, isn't very cheap though, and yet we have no ideas who is behind it. Very peculiar indeed."

    "As far as scouting out their fleet, what are we hoping to find? Just what they have and how much they have of it, or something more detailed?"

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    "When we arrive, we'll want to scout their exact position, the composition of their fleet, relative firepower to our own, etc. The results will inform our next move from there."

    Speaking of which, you should also decide which type of ship you would like to claim for your team (Pegasus, Drake, Azata, or any other that you have access to via boon).

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    Pegasus could be good for scouting with the good sensors, Drake is good for a fight

    Exo-Guardians

    Uplifted Koala sp 73 | hp 55| rp 10 | EAC 25 KAC 26| fort +7 ref +9 will +7 | init +11 | Perc 14 (DV)/ UPBear

    I endorse whatever the Pilot says and whatever preference they have for their particular preferred fighting style :)

    Exo-Guardians

    | SP 4/30 | HP 34/34 | RP 6/7 | EAC 18 KAC 20 CMD 28 | Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +9; +1 vs. Radiation, +2 vs. Hot environmental effects | Init +0 | Perception +13 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (5.22 days remaining) | Stare: AC | Radiation Badge | Spells: 2nd: 3/5, 1st: 4/6 | Male Kasatha (Corporate Agent) Battle Leader Mystic (Akashic) 5

    (Earlier, during introductions, since I finally have my stuff together, thanks to some outside help!)

    Blinky 'Bamboozle' Bluegum wrote:
    "Haven't worked with Hellknights before, any customs or traditions I should be aware of?"

    Usyl nods, respectfully. "Thank you for asking. As a Hellknight and follower of Talavet, I will not contribute to lies or deception to achieve our aims. However, I am a Starfinder first and will do nothing to hinder such activities if they are vital to the mission. If nothing else, I will guard you or stand silent if you are required to use such...questionable methods. Besides, I would likely be a detriment to you in that eventuality.

    Beyond that, the Hellknights of the Scourge concern ourselves with investigating and preventing corruption. For instance, when I learned that my cousin Ehu Hadif was elected First Seeker, I sought and obtained a field commission with the Exo-Guardians to...remain close."

    Conrad Castamir Kerbouchard wrote:
    Ha! That's a lot of Dune in one post. Love it!

    Thank you! The books were a big inspiration for me as a kid - a lot of my SFS characters have quotes from the series in them!

    Usyl will nod respectfully to those who arrive after him, as well.

    (Back to present)

    "Blinky has already asked the most pertinent question I would have."

    I concur - especially in a PbP, pilot's comfort/style should come first, unless we know in advance that we'll be doing more fighting (Drake) or scanning (Pegasus). But it seems we won't know that until we get there. I'm okay with whatever we decide.

    Paizo Employee

    | SP 56/56 | HP 52/52 | RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 26 CMD 34 | Fort +3, Ref +12, Will +8 | Init +9 | Perception +15 [/b] | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 days remaining) | Female Screedreep (Street Rat) Operative (Thief) 8

    "As far as ship, my vote is for the Pegasus. With it's superior scientific equipment, it seems best suited to try and get information off of the enemy ships. However, I am curious as to what our Science Officer and Engineer think as well."

    Assuming that Pheobe ends up piloting based on what is currently in the sheet. If not, I will also defer final judgement to the pilot.

    Wayfinders

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 56/56, HP 46/46, DR: 5/-| RP 8/8 | EAC 21; KAC 22 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10 (DV 60'), SM: +10+d6+1
    Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Clever Improvisation: 1/1
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Translator 10/10
  • Jetpack 40/40 (2/Round or 1/Min)
  • Ammo (Skipshot) 18/20)
  • Conrad really isn't big in a fight He's pretty much only useful as a Captain, so I defer also. Re: Dune, a huge inspiration for me as a kid. I've read the first three books more times than I can count, books 4-6 a handful of times. I've read some of his son's work, but then gave up on it.

    Silent as the party discusses things, Conrad nods agreement to the plan beginning to coalesce. "Scouting often turns into skirmish, so I defer to people good with piloting and shooting."

    Wayfinders

    CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 0/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    "So, who is piloting? I am pretty damned good at it, but can do anything. I can also shoot the guns like no one's business, and it goes wit'out saying dat I can fix everything up and mess wit' da computers like you ain't never seen. So, yeah, I can do 'bout everything needed on a ship, 'cept that useless mystical crap."

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Since it sounds like we're just about ready to go, I'll post the next bit.

    After several more days of travel, the Starfinder fleet arrives in the Cantlah system, coming into the system positioned behind Cantlah-4 just as Ixthia had hoped. Shortly after arriving, the Exo-Guardians leader once again requests you join him for a briefing.

    “Thank you for joining me,” Ixthia says, looking up from a display terminal. “We’ve reached our destination, and so far our presence seems to have gone undetected. However, our scans indicate that the enemy fleet routinely sends out patrols throughout the system, and one is due to pass near our current location in about two hours. I’d like you to select a ship, which our mechanics will outfit with a special transponder. Your job is to intercept the patrol while it’s cut off from the fleet on this side of the planet and take their place. The transponder is programmed to mimic the patrol ship’s signal, which should allow you to complete its patrol route undetected. As you near the rest of the enemy forces, you will have a limited window in which to scan them, hopefully gaining us invaluable intel about the composition and capabilities of their fleet. I can’t stress enough how important your assignment is to the success of our mission, and I’m confident that you have the skills necessary to accomplish the task before you. Good luck, Starfinders.”

    We’re going straight into Starship combat, but feel free to ask Ixthia any questions you had about the mission. I'll wait one more day for questions, and for you to finalize Starship assignments, then I'll launch the combat.

    Paizo Employee

    | SP 56/56 | HP 52/52 | RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 26 CMD 34 | Fort +3, Ref +12, Will +8 | Init +9 | Perception +15 [/b] | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 days remaining) | Female Screedreep (Street Rat) Operative (Thief) 8

    "In space, about the only thing I am good at is piloting. While I can shoot a gun decently, I am much better at dodging asteroids with a ship."

    Pheobe then looks to Ixthia.

    "Taking their place? So this seems like fast shooting and quick maneuvering, more than just a quick scan then? Do you want their ship out of the sky, or just disabled while we get in and get out?"

    Wayfinders

    CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 0/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    "That's alright, Phoebe. I can do anything, and can fix anything. We'll make it work. Oh, and lemme check if I still have the requisition for some nuclear tipped missiles. Got 'em a couple of years back. They is the BOMB."

    Exo-Guardians

    | SP 4/30 | HP 34/34 | RP 6/7 | EAC 18 KAC 20 CMD 28 | Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +9; +1 vs. Radiation, +2 vs. Hot environmental effects | Init +0 | Perception +13 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (5.22 days remaining) | Stare: AC | Radiation Badge | Spells: 2nd: 3/5, 1st: 4/6 | Male Kasatha (Corporate Agent) Battle Leader Mystic (Akashic) 5

    Usyl looks to the others. "If stealth is preserved, we could active a signal jammer just before we strike. When plugged into our power core, it will block wireless comms in a 12-mile radius from our ship. We won't be able to send comms back here either, but we'd be able to turn off the jammer at-will.

    Replicating the enemy's IFF* signal is useless if they report being under attack.

    The Order of the Eclipse specializes in their use, but I do carry one. This model is not difficult to bypass, but overcoming the jamming takes at least a full minute. Starship battles can be won or lost in half that time."

    * Identify Friend-from-Foe

    Wayfinders

    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 7 | SP 56/56, HP 46/46, DR: 5/-| RP 8/8 | EAC 21; KAC 22 | Fort +6; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10 (DV 60'), SM: +10+d6+1
    Power, Abilities, and Ammo:
  • Clever Improvisation: 1/1
  • Comm Unit 80/80
  • Translator 10/10
  • Jetpack 40/40 (2/Round or 1/Min)
  • Ammo (Skipshot) 18/20)
  • Conrad stretches his legs and neck a bit, as if he's going to enter melee. He sits in the captain's chair. "I like the idea of a sneak attack. If we can pull it off, let's do it."

    He looks around at the party, taking in their demeanor and confidence, making mental notes. Mechanically, he's getting a feel for who most needs the boost of encouragement during combat in order to hit their DC/AC.

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    "A signal jammer is a good thought, Usyl, but I don't think you'll need one. You'll ambush the patrol ship as it passes on the far side of Cantlah-4 from the enemy fleet. The same magnetic rings that interfere with scanning and currently keep us hidden should be enough to prevent the patrol from signaling for help."

    Wayfinders

    CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 0/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    "That's good to know. In any case, I think we need to get in, hit hard, and finish this fight fast. Ain't no reason to dawdle." says Lucius. "I'm lookin' to call in a favor, and get us some upgraded weapons, so we can finish this thing fast."

    He dry-washes his hands in excitement, just thinking of the chance to have a decisive starship combat.

    He pulls up his comm unit and starts checking out schematics of the Drake, figuring that ship will hit harder than the others he has access to.

    Exo-Guardians

    Uplifted Koala sp 73 | hp 55| rp 10 | EAC 25 KAC 26| fort +7 ref +9 will +7 | init +11 | Perc 14 (DV)/ UPBear

    Blinky gets the authorisation codes for a Drake and heads off for departure.

    Exo-Guardians

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    | SP 4/30 | HP 34/34 | RP 6/7 | EAC 18 KAC 20 CMD 28 | Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +9; +1 vs. Radiation, +2 vs. Hot environmental effects | Init +0 | Perception +13 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (5.22 days remaining) | Stare: AC | Radiation Badge | Spells: 2nd: 3/5, 1st: 4/6 | Male Kasatha (Corporate Agent) Battle Leader Mystic (Akashic) 5
    GM Dennis wrote:
    "A signal jammer is a good thought, Usyl, but I don't think you'll need one. You'll ambush the patrol ship as it passes on the far side of Cantlah-4 from the enemy fleet. The same magnetic rings that interfere with scanning and currently keep us hidden should be enough to prevent the patrol from signaling for help."

    Usyl nods. "Exceptional. My compliments to whomever authored the astrogation charts for our mission."

    After rising to his feet, Usyl and Armiger Sayyadina rise and give a salute before following Blinky and the others to the Drake. Usyl takes his seat near the Engineer's station and begins meditation to best fulfill his role as Magic Officer.

    (Giving myself links to Magic Officer and Open Crew Actions for quick-ref. All our weapons have long range so other than scanning and helping with initiative, Usyl will most likely use open actions a bunch.

    Paizo Employee

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    | SP 56/56 | HP 52/52 | RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 26 CMD 34 | Fort +3, Ref +12, Will +8 | Init +9 | Perception +15 [/b] | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 days remaining) | Female Screedreep (Street Rat) Operative (Thief) 8

    Pheobe stands up, nods to the Venture Captain, and heads for the ship. Once there, she climbs up into one of the Gunnery seats, fiddling with the controls and adjusting the height of the seat.

    "One day they will start accommodating people who aren't just average size." Sighing in frustration, she starts looking for a book or similar to boost up her height.

    Acquisitives

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    Ishkitik digs around in her bag and finds a large piece of plastic sheeting, used to repair Ishkitok's exterior. Will this help? Ishkitik telepathically beams to Phoebe.

    Wayfinders

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 0/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    "What's she complainin' about?" wonders Lucius, as he climbs into his jury-rigged seat. "Ain't nuthin' wrong wit' the seats wut can't be hacked."

    He then plugs his datajack into the console, and starts making his preparations for flight and fight. Once things are set up there, he makes his tour of the engines, weapons mounts, and shield projectors. He sets up some things to make his life easier, chuckling at the nuclear missiles he has added to the turret.

    Paizo Employee

    | SP 56/56 | HP 52/52 | RP 10/10 | EAC 24 KAC 26 CMD 34 | Fort +3, Ref +12, Will +8 | Init +9 | Perception +15 [/b] | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 days remaining) | Female Screedreep (Street Rat) Operative (Thief) 8

    "It should if I fold it up. Would that be ok?" Pheobe replies to Ishkitik, grateful for the help.

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    Of course! Ishkitik carefully buckles Ishkitok into a passenger set, then takes her own place at another gunner station.

    Exo-Guardians

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Uplifted Koala sp 73 | hp 55| rp 10 | EAC 25 KAC 26| fort +7 ref +9 will +7 | init +11 | Perc 14 (DV)/ UPBear

    Blinky, an 11' furry behemoth, looks over at Persephone "At least you fit on the seat. You'd think with the number of Shobads, Bears, Dragonkin, and a range of other maxi-sized Starfinders kicking around we'd be able to order some better options than 'seated'. I want a giant banana lounge if we're getting to choose"

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    I've added a starfield map and a slide with the tier 6 drake info (including your heavy nuke upgrade). Feel free to use that track shields, HP, missiles left, etc. It also has a link to another slide deck that has all the starship role actions.

    You take shelter behind a large asteroid until the patrol ship passes by, pulling out behind it ready for battle!

    GM Screen:
    Engineering to boost engines: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
    Science to Scan: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

    --------

    Starship Combat

    Round 1:

  • Engineering phase
  • Helm phase
  • Enemy movement and piloting action
  • Player movement and piloting action
  • Gunnery phase

    Anyone acting in the Engineering or Helm phase may post now. Binky, after you have rolled your piloting initiative roll, please open the spoiler below and compare. If you failed to beat my number, you can take your movement now as well. If you did beat it, then you'll need to wait for me to post.

    Enemy Piloting Init - Round 1:
    Piloting Initiative: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 1 + 3 = 27

    Also, Binky please include a spoilered initiative roll for next round as well. That will let me take my movement at the start of the round if I fail to beat you, which will speed things up.

  • Exo-Guardians

    Uplifted Koala sp 73 | hp 55| rp 10 | EAC 25 KAC 26| fort +7 ref +9 will +7 | init +11 | Perc 14 (DV)/ UPBear

    "Contact!" Blinky roars through the comms as he immediately seeks to get the drop (bear) on the enemy ship!

    Piloting 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 2 = 31

    Next round:

    Piloting 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 2 = 32

    Blinky is using one of the three +2s from the Trinode each round

    Wayfinders

    CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 0/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    To start up, Lucius is going to pump up the engines. "Get us within range so the nukes don't hafta travel too long. Th' longer they go, the less likely they are to hit!"

    Should we have 3 gunners this round?

    He then diverts energy to the weapons, hoping that their hits will hit harder.
    divert DC19: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35 too bad this isn't PF2

    "Shoot 'em up, tear them a new one!"

    FYI - my coin can be used to reroll a nuke shot. 2 novas, but I don't think that matters in SFS?

    Exo-Guardians

    Uplifted Koala sp 73 | hp 55| rp 10 | EAC 25 KAC 26| fort +7 ref +9 will +7 | init +11 | Perc 14 (DV)/ UPBear

    FWIW - if we have an Engineer then a boost to weapons sounds fine. We don't need a Science officer HOWEVER if one of the high Computers people (Ishkitik or yourself) could do a Minor Crew Action - Visual Identification that would be appreciated.

    Wayfinders

    CG Ysoki Outlaw Hacker Operative 6 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 6/8 | EAC 22, KAC 22 | Fort +5; Ref +9; Will +6(+2 vs spells and SLAs) | Init: +6 | Perc: +12 Low-light, Darkvision, SM: +12 | Speed 40ft | Reroll: 0/1, Coin 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

    I can certainly do that.

    Exo-Guardians

    Uplifted Koala sp 73 | hp 55| rp 10 | EAC 25 KAC 26| fort +7 ref +9 will +7 | init +11 | Perc 14 (DV)/ UPBear

    Thanks - I'd just like to know if any of their arcs have a point-weapon so I can try get us into a position to avoid them, it would suck to find out they have one as it destroys our missiles. I'll await the scan before taking my movement.

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Usyl may be able to get you that info as Magic Officer, as well.

    Grand Lodge

    Rusthenge || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    I've taken the enemy's movement. Once Blinky moves the ship, the gunners can act as well.

    GM Screen:
    Piloting to Evade: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 1 = 16

    Exo-Guardians

    | SP 4/30 | HP 34/34 | RP 6/7 | EAC 18 KAC 20 CMD 28 | Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +9; +1 vs. Radiation, +2 vs. Hot environmental effects | Init +0 | Perception +13 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (5.22 days remaining) | Stare: AC | Radiation Badge | Spells: 2nd: 3/5, 1st: 4/6 | Male Kasatha (Corporate Agent) Battle Leader Mystic (Akashic) 5

    Sorry for the delay - yesterday was a weird day

    Before first contact, Usyl activates his armor's environmental protections, to better help should the enemy vessel carry nuclear weapons. During the engineering phase, Usyl's four hands move above the ship's sensor controls as he reaches out with his mystically-attuned senses, trying to pull from the ether that which can be gleaned about what is there...

    Scrying: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
    (DC 5 + 1.5 × target starship tier + its bonus from defensive countermeasures)

    Holding his four mudras in perfect alignment with each other and the galactic leylines (known as the "melfina"), his eyes remain closed as he begins reciting data about the opposing vessel as it streams to his mind and soul. His Armiger takes notes into a data pad so it can be posted to everyone else's respective console:

    If you succeed at this check, you learn the first unknown piece of information on the following list. For every 5 by which you exceed the check, you learn another unknown piece of information. Subsequent checks reveal new pieces of information, continuing down this list:

    Spoiler:
    1. Basic Information: Living crew complement and ship classification, size, speed, and maneuverability.
    2. Defenses: AC, TL, total and current Hull Points, total and current Shield Points in each quadrant, and core PCU value.
    3. Weapon: Information about one weapon, including its firing arc and the damage it deals, starting with the weapon that uses the most PCU. Repeat this entry until all the starship’s weapons are revealed.
    4. Load: Information about how the starship’s expansion bays are allocated and any cargo the starship might be carrying.
    5. Other: Any remaining ship statistics.

    1 to 50 of 261 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dennis - SFS #4-10 The Way In - Table 2 All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.