Enemy in Shadows - Warhammer Fantasy

Game Master Aubster

First published in 1986, Enemy in Shadows is an updated version of one of the most iconic campaigns in RPG history.


1,451 to 1,472 of 1,472 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

Landolf Gersun von Ubersreik | Male Reiklander Scion | Wounds 13/13 | Initiative 40 | Fencing 42 / Dodge 40 | Fortune 3/5 | Fate 4/4 | Resolve/Resilience 3/3 | Armor: Body 1 / Arms 1 / Legs 1 | Corruption: 2 | Party Funds: 1g 10/6

Edit: I just looked at the rulebook for other reasons, and now I see that Landolf can use a Fortune just to add +1 SL to his Charm check vs Isolde instead of rerolling. If I'm understanding right, that would get them to a SL tie, but Landolf's 41 looks like it would beat her 30 on the tie. That seems worth a shot, so let's do it if I'm right that it would get him a 'win'.

***

On the road, Landolf shifts up toward where the coachmen are sitting as it becomes obvious that their delays will pile up with the slow pace. He tries to keep them focused on their jobs. "We got a slow start, but there's no reason we can't make up the time!"

Leadership 41+10 status: 1d100 ⇒ 96 - ouch, OK let's reroll that one
Leadership 41+10 status Reroll: 1d100 ⇒ 25

OK that's better. I'm trying to claim a +10 from having a higher status than the coachmen & if SL is important +1 SL from his Noble Blood talent up to +4.

"In fact, why don't we see how fast you can get us to the next inn, eh?"

Which depletes all of Landolf's Fortune. I don't think we've had a Fortune refresh in a long time though?


Dwarven Miner Damage (0) Wounds (19) Fate (3) Fortune (3/3) Resilience (2) Resolve (2/2) Movement (3) Armor (1) WS: 50 (60 2handed) BS: 24 STR: 50 T: 50 Init: 25 Ag: 20 Dex: 38 Int: 32 WP: 48 Fel: 21 (+10 dawi)

Holding off to see if that works. My best chance would be intimidate, but there’s no need to antagonize them if Landolf can get this done politely


Landolf Gersun von Ubersreik | Male Reiklander Scion | Wounds 13/13 | Initiative 40 | Fencing 42 / Dodge 40 | Fortune 3/5 | Fate 4/4 | Resolve/Resilience 3/3 | Armor: Body 1 / Arms 1 / Legs 1 | Corruption: 2 | Party Funds: 1g 10/6
Valghaz Ironhammer wrote:
Holding off to see if that works. My best chance would be intimidate, but there’s no need to antagonize them if Landolf can get this done politely

I seriously thought about intimidating these clowns too. Let's hope we don't have to go there, though.


Human Warden Damage (0) Wounds (12) Fate (3) Fortune (3/3) Resilience (4) Resolve (4/4) Movement (4) WS: 39 BS: 29 STR: 32 T: 41 Init: 31 Ag: 36 Dex: 29 Int: 33 WP: 32 Fel: 40

Also waiting. No leadership so Talther can't assist, I'm afraid.


Advisor (Aide) Wounds:14/14 Resolve:3/3 Fortune:2/3 WS:38 BS:35 S:33 T:40 Init:34 AG:30 DEX:31 Int: 30 WP:30 FEL:38

Indeed, seeing if Landolf gets to sit with the fine lady, otherwise the 'lacky' will enterain the young lady :)


Landolf Gersun von Ubersreik | Male Reiklander Scion | Wounds 13/13 | Initiative 40 | Fencing 42 / Dodge 40 | Fortune 3/5 | Fate 4/4 | Resolve/Resilience 3/3 | Armor: Body 1 / Arms 1 / Legs 1 | Corruption: 2 | Party Funds: 1g 10/6

It wasn't my plan to retcon Landolf's earlier decision to sit on top of the coach regardless of how his early morning discussion with Isolde goes. Maybe even less so now that he rolled well on Leadership vs the coachmen. We'll have to see though!


Darkest Doomed wrote:

Edit: I just looked at the rulebook for other reasons, and now I see that Landolf can use a Fortune just to add +1 SL to his Charm check vs Isolde instead of rerolling. If I'm understanding right, that would get them to a SL tie, but Landolf's 41 looks like it would beat her 30 on the tie. That seems worth a shot, so let's do it if I'm right that it would get him a 'win'.

***

On the road, Landolf shifts up toward where the coachmen are sitting as it becomes obvious that their delays will pile up with the slow pace. He tries to keep them focused on their jobs. "We got a slow start, but there's no reason we can't make up the time!"

[dice=Leadership 41+10 status]1d100 - ouch, OK let's reroll that one
[dice=Leadership 41+10 status Reroll]1d100

OK that's better. I'm trying to claim a +10 from having a higher status than the coachmen & if SL is important +1 SL from his Noble Blood talent up to +4.

"In fact, why don't we see how fast you can get us to the next inn, eh?"

Which depletes all of Landolf's Fortune. I don't think we've had a Fortune refresh in a long time though?

For a few minutes Hulz snaps the reins and the horses break into a slow trot that doubles their speed but soon he lets the reins slip and the horses slow down to their steady walking pace. Grunnar meanwhile is busy vomiting over the side of the coach.

"Guv, if you want to drive go ahead," Hulz says as he tries to pass the reins to Landolf.

Any of the group can try a Drive Skill Test if they want to take over. If you have any points in the Drive Skill, it's an automatic success to get the horses trotting merrily along. If you do not have any training in Driving, then it is a Average (+20) Agility Test since Drive is a basic skill.


Darkest Doomed wrote:


Which depletes all of Landolf's Fortune. I don't think we've had a Fortune refresh in a long time though?

Good point, Fortune Points would be restored at the beginning of today when you were leaving the Inn


Human Warden Damage (0) Wounds (12) Fate (3) Fortune (3/3) Resilience (4) Resolve (4/4) Movement (4) WS: 39 BS: 29 STR: 32 T: 41 Init: 31 Ag: 36 Dex: 29 Int: 33 WP: 32 Fel: 40

"I'll give it a go, unless someone is more practiced with horses!", quips Talther.


Landolf Gersun von Ubersreik | Male Reiklander Scion | Wounds 13/13 | Initiative 40 | Fencing 42 / Dodge 40 | Fortune 3/5 | Fate 4/4 | Resolve/Resilience 3/3 | Armor: Body 1 / Arms 1 / Legs 1 | Corruption: 2 | Party Funds: 1g 10/6

Any change from Landolf getting to +0 SL vs Isolde above? I used a Fortune to add 1 SL rather than rerolling.

Landolf has 40 Agility, which is pretty good for the Drive check. Is anyone advanced in it?


Human Warden Damage (0) Wounds (12) Fate (3) Fortune (3/3) Resilience (4) Resolve (4/4) Movement (4) WS: 39 BS: 29 STR: 32 T: 41 Init: 31 Ag: 36 Dex: 29 Int: 33 WP: 32 Fel: 40

Talther has 36 agility and is untrained...


Landolf Gersun von Ubersreik | Male Reiklander Scion | Wounds 13/13 | Initiative 40 | Fencing 42 / Dodge 40 | Fortune 3/5 | Fate 4/4 | Resolve/Resilience 3/3 | Armor: Body 1 / Arms 1 / Legs 1 | Corruption: 2 | Party Funds: 1g 10/6

It looks like no one has Drive advances, so Landolf might as well give it a go...

Landolf shifts over toward the driver's seat & takes the reins. "Can't be much harder than sailing..." he says, trying to reassure himself.

Agility (Drive) +20: 1d100 ⇒ 26

Fortunately, the addition of an animal to the process didn't seem to throw him off too badly.


Darkest Doomed wrote:

Any change from Landolf getting to +0 SL vs Isolde above? I used a Fortune to add 1 SL rather than rerolling.

Landolf has 40 Agility, which is pretty good for the Drive check. Is anyone advanced in it?

It's reasonable to think that Lady Isolde's feeling have improved from loathing to indifference. She still believes that you're traveling in shady company.


Darkest Doomed wrote:

It looks like no one has Drive advances, so Landolf might as well give it a go...

Landolf shifts over toward the driver's seat & takes the reins. "Can't be much harder than sailing..." he says, trying to reassure himself.

[dice=Agility (Drive) +20]1d100

Fortunately, the addition of an animal to the process didn't seem to throw him off too badly.

The clippity cloppity of the horses' hooves beat a more rapid rhythm as the horses begin to trot along. Hulz makes a nest in the luggage and immediately passes out. Grunnar sits next to Landolf on the driver's bench and quietly moans as the pace of travel picks up.


Shortly after noon, the coach reaches the main Altdorf-Grunburg Road. A sign pointing North shows Altdorf 50 miles and a sign pointing South that shows Grunburg 110 miles. Grunnar stops moaning long enough to point out the signs to Landolf and signaling him to take the North Road.


A couple of hours after the coach joins the main road, it rounds a bend, and comes upon a grisly sight. Squatting in the road is a Human figure, his back to the coach, bent over the body of a Four Seasons coachman. The figure turns, and the Characters see a severed Human hand hanging out of the creature’s disgusting mouth. The creature is recognisably Human, but flesh hangs in tatters from its face and hands, and green ichor seeps from its eyes. Spitting out the hand, it rushes towards the coach brandishing a bloody dagger.

For Landolf:
The figure rushing manically toward you looks familiar. Then it suddenly comes to you! Beneath the rotting flesh and dripping ichor you recognise the face of Rolf Hurtsis, an old friend. He was part of the group of boys that your Uncle Sieghard had brought to Ubersreik when you were 15. You had many escapades together in your youth, but now he is horribly changed. It was about a year ago that Rolf developed a strange rash. He changed, becoming irritable and even violent at times. To hide his skin complaint, he made himself a hood out of an old sack, but this made it hard for him to see, and he was unable to escape when he was caught killing chickens on the estate and eating them raw. The last you knew, he escaped from a cell and vanished without a trace — until now!

As the mutant rushes the coach, the horses panic and bolt, snapping the traces as they do so. Grunnar grabs the reins from Landolf trying to stop the horses but he is pulled off the coach and dragged behind them. Hulz jumps forward from his nest and struggles to apply the brakes and stop the coach from crashing into the trees. He succeeds in doing this, but then freezes in fear as the mutant leaps at him. It is up to you all to save the day.

The shock of finding a horrible mutant feasting in the middle of Altdorf-Grunburg Road is a stunning turn of events.

Make a Difficult (-10) Perception Skill to have your 6th sense alert you to something being wrong preventing you being Surprised.

Make an Initiative Check (Initiative Characteristic Score + 1d10)
Horrible Mutant Initiative Check: 40 + 1d10 ⇒ 40 + (6) = 46


Landolf Gersun von Ubersreik | Male Reiklander Scion | Wounds 13/13 | Initiative 40 | Fencing 42 / Dodge 40 | Fortune 3/5 | Fate 4/4 | Resolve/Resilience 3/3 | Armor: Body 1 / Arms 1 / Legs 1 | Corruption: 2 | Party Funds: 1g 10/6

Initiative (Perception) 40 -10: 1d100 ⇒ 62 - does this apply to Landolf? He saw an awful lot to be in a surprised state still. If it does, I'll spend a Resolve to break out of it.

Landolf Initiative Check: 1d10 + 40 ⇒ (8) + 40 = 48 - but also Fast weapon

"Rolf!" Landolf exclaims grimly. "You don't look any better than when I saw you last." He draws his foil and prepares to engage the creature.

How far are we apart? Does Landolf need to use a move action in order to get down from the coach?


Male Male Reiklander Wizard | Wounds 15/15 | Dodge 44 | Melee (Polearm) 40 | Fortune 5/5 | Resolve/Resilience 2/2 | Armor: Body 1 / Arms 1

Initiative(29): 1d100 ⇒ 2

"Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth day, at dawn look to the east."


Female Human Female soldier Wounds 8/14 Fate 4 Resilience 3 Fortune 2/3 WS 52 BS 37 ST 35 TG 43 INi 34 Ag31 DEX 33 Int31 Will 36 Fel 40

I find the clippity- cloppity sounds of horses soothing, don't you?

says Adelaida with a smile, before the dark reality of the power and corruption of Chaos dawns on her

Perception: 1d100 ⇒ 17

Troubles ahead…A mutant! For the glory of Sigmar, and the good of the citizens, we should dispatch this taint of Chaos from the roads!

She takes her axe in hand, ready to defend the Empire


Dwarven Miner Damage (0) Wounds (19) Fate (3) Fortune (3/3) Resilience (2) Resolve (2/2) Movement (3) Armor (1) WS: 50 (60 2handed) BS: 24 STR: 50 T: 50 Init: 25 Ag: 20 Dex: 38 Int: 32 WP: 48 Fel: 21 (+10 dawi)

Initiative: 1d10 ⇒ 6

There was no way that Valghaz was going to react before the monstrosity. All he could do was hold his pick in his hands as it came towards them.


Advisor (Aide) Wounds:14/14 Resolve:3/3 Fortune:2/3 WS:38 BS:35 S:33 T:40 Init:34 AG:30 DEX:31 Int: 30 WP:30 FEL:38

I've totally forgotten that I've had the Talent: Sixth Sense from the very beginning!!
You get a strange feeling when you are threatened, and can react
accordingly. The GM may warn you if you are walking into
danger; this will normally come after a secret Intuition Test
on your behalf. Further, you may ignore Surprise if you pass an
Intuition Test.
Might have come in handy a few times!! :)
I'll roll a Intuition Test if it applies here!

Perception:41-10:31: 1d100 ⇒ 88
Intuition:30: 1d100 ⇒ 90

Initiative: 34 + 1d10 ⇒ 34 + (2) = 36


Female Human Female soldier Wounds 8/14 Fate 4 Resilience 3 Fortune 2/3 WS 52 BS 37 ST 35 TG 43 INi 34 Ag31 DEX 33 Int31 Will 36 Fel 40

Initiatve: 1d10 + 34 ⇒ (4) + 34 = 38

1,451 to 1,472 of 1,472 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Welcome to Ubersreik All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.