GM Jhaeman's The Dark Menagerie (Inactive)

Game Master Jhaeman

Thornkeep: The Dark Menagerie

Maps & Handouts


501 to 533 of 533 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 8
Timer:
None
| HP 57/57 Temp 18 | AC 16 T 14 FF 14 Converts 5 Lethal ==> Non Lethal| CMB +3 CMD 15 | F +10 R +9 W +12| INIT +9| PER +9/+11 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+1|30'|Mage Armor, False Life, Ablative Barrier
Resources:
Slush Fund 50/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 7/7, Pearl of Power 1st 6/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 3/3, Extend 3/3 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 5/5 4th 3/3

@Stop Dat - Produce Flame is not a touch spell. Period. I will leave any more comments to the GM as I am overstepping already. I just have a lot of experience playing Druids and using their spells.


The amorphous aberration is badly burned as Dat conjures spheres of bluish flame! But Hal's crossbow bolt can't penetrate its rubbery flesh.

We'll go with the fire damage but not the unarmed strike damage interpretation for now. This thing is really hurt, and although Hal's crossbow bolt couldn't get through DR, one more good attack will do it!


Initiative (Round 3)

Deldri
Xilt

Gibbering Mouther
Hal
Dat
Bom
Spackle

Bold may go!


Innate Abilities:
Breath Weapon 1/1, Glitterdust 1/1, Dehyrdate 1/1
| HP 28/28 DR 5/Magic FH 2 Arid Env.| AC 23 T 14 FF 21| CMB +4 CMD 17| F +3 R +5 W +6| PER +11 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 30' Fly 40' +15 Stealth +12|Active Conditions Improved Evasion

The Mephit carries his master into position.

Double Move

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 8
Timer:
None
| HP 57/57 Temp 18 | AC 16 T 14 FF 14 Converts 5 Lethal ==> Non Lethal| CMB +3 CMD 15 | F +10 R +9 W +12| INIT +9| PER +9/+11 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+1|30'|Mage Armor, False Life, Ablative Barrier
Resources:
Slush Fund 50/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 7/7, Pearl of Power 1st 6/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 3/3, Extend 3/3 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 5/5 4th 3/3

Xilt sheathes his wand. As he reaches the proper position (a foot or two above the cat walk) he conjures a wave of fire to burn the creature.

Burning Hands,Intensified, Reflex DC 17 for half damage, Potent Magic +2 CL: 9d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 3, 4, 2, 1, 3, 2, 2) = 22


The waves of flame incinerate the creature and it dissolves into a smoking pile of goo!

Now that you have a few minutes to look around, there seems to be a faint glow from somewhere in the center of the large pool of water below.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Inquis 7| HP 47 | AC 24; Tch 12; FF 19 | F +6; R +4; W +9 | CMB +4; CMD 15 | Speed 15 ft | Init +5 | Stealth +1 | Perc +15 Inquisitor 7

Deldri points to the glow.

"Let's check that out."

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 8
Timer:
None
| HP 57/57 Temp 18 | AC 16 T 14 FF 14 Converts 5 Lethal ==> Non Lethal| CMB +3 CMD 15 | F +10 R +9 W +12| INIT +9| PER +9/+11 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+1|30'|Mage Armor, False Life, Ablative Barrier
Resources:
Slush Fund 50/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 7/7, Pearl of Power 1st 6/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 3/3, Extend 3/3 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 5/5 4th 3/3

Xilt returns to the relative quiet of the corridor to quickly prepare a spell (Fast Study 1 minute). In the meanwhile Tzleztor guards his master. After returning Xilt consumes his last pearl of power and renews his shrinking spell on himself (Reduce Person, Extended). He then stows his rods away, draws his wand of magic missile and is ready to explore again.

Xilt will examine the glow (Detect Magic).


Innate Abilities:
Breath Weapon 1/1, Glitterdust 1/1, Dehyrdate 1/1
| HP 28/28 DR 5/Magic FH 2 Arid Env.| AC 23 T 14 FF 21| CMB +4 CMD 17| F +3 R +5 W +6| PER +11 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 30' Fly 40' +15 Stealth +12|Active Conditions Improved Evasion

The Mephit will air lift the diminutive Xilt closer to the glow.


Xilt:
Closer inspection reveals the glow is coming from an unsheathed longsword lying on the bottom of the pool (which is about six feet deep).

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 8
Timer:
None
| HP 57/57 Temp 18 | AC 16 T 14 FF 14 Converts 5 Lethal ==> Non Lethal| CMB +3 CMD 15 | F +10 R +9 W +12| INIT +9| PER +9/+11 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+1|30'|Mage Armor, False Life, Ablative Barrier
Resources:
Slush Fund 50/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 7/7, Pearl of Power 1st 6/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 3/3, Extend 3/3 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 5/5 4th 3/3

Xilt concentrates trying to determine the magical properties of the sword.

Spellcraft, Heroism: 1d29 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 15 + 2 = 22

Edit - Re-roll due to typo in formula.

Spellcraft, Heroism: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 15 + 2 = 30


Innate Abilities:
Breath Weapon 1/1, Glitterdust 1/1, Dehyrdate 1/1
| HP 28/28 DR 5/Magic FH 2 Arid Env.| AC 23 T 14 FF 21| CMB +4 CMD 17| F +3 R +5 W +6| PER +11 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 30' Fly 40' +15 Stealth +12|Active Conditions Improved Evasion

While Xilt is concentrating. Tzleztor hovers while carrying Xilt. He calls out to the party Druid.

"Dat. Could you glide underneath and pick up the sword. I think someone might want to use it?"


Xilt:
You think this a +1 ghost touch longsword. Please also make a Perception or Appraise check.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Inquis 7| HP 47 | AC 24; Tch 12; FF 19 | F +6; R +4; W +9 | CMB +4; CMD 15 | Speed 15 ft | Init +5 | Stealth +1 | Perc +15 Inquisitor 7

Deldri scratches his head.

"I can't use that sword but you're right Tzleztor someone else might use it!"


Innate Abilities:
Breath Weapon 1/1, Glitterdust 1/1, Dehyrdate 1/1
| HP 28/28 DR 5/Magic FH 2 Arid Env.| AC 23 T 14 FF 21| CMB +4 CMD 17| F +3 R +5 W +6| PER +11 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 30' Fly 40' +15 Stealth +12|Active Conditions Improved Evasion

Tzleztor grins.

"Well we can always sell the sword if no one finds it of use. There is a lot of treasure left to collect. We still have the mithril ore to mine and we really should collect the chains. Adamantine is a valuable commodity."

He turns to his master, pleading.

"Lord Xilt. I have been so helpful this adventure. Perhaps another wand or even a staff if we collect enough gold today?"

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 8
Timer:
None
| HP 57/57 Temp 18 | AC 16 T 14 FF 14 Converts 5 Lethal ==> Non Lethal| CMB +3 CMD 15 | F +10 R +9 W +12| INIT +9| PER +9/+11 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+1|30'|Mage Armor, False Life, Ablative Barrier
Resources:
Slush Fund 50/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 7/7, Pearl of Power 1st 6/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 3/3, Extend 3/3 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 5/5 4th 3/3

Xilt shakes his head in mock disbelief of his familiar's demands.

"Lord Xilt is it now? I do not see why I should reward your willful and often insubordinate behavior."

The Wizard pauses.

"We will see."

Xilt turns to the party as their adventure together moves towards a close.

"Well. This task has gone too quickly but I guess considering the possible alternatives that is a very good thing. Perhaps we will meet again to clear out another level of this dungeon or on a completely different mission for the society."

Grand Lodge

Active:
Lead blades Boots of Friendly Terrrain (Underground) Longstrider 1h, Shield Companion 1h, Mage Armor (Uflur) 1h, Heightened Awareness 10m
Human (Ulfen) 43870-4 | Ranger 6 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | HP / 58| F +8 R +8 W +6 | Init +5* | Perc +13*; Survival +13*; Dipl. +9; Handle Comp. +15 Ulfur (Animal Companion) | init +3; Perc +4 | HP 49 (HD6) | AC 25 T:16 FF:22 CMD 20| F:+8; R:+8; W:+2 | Bite +6 (1d6+3)

Bom's ears perk up...

"Longsword? What is the enchantment?"

Grand Lodge

AC:30 T:19 F:29| HP 66/66 | CMD:27 | F:+11 R:+5 W:+12 | Init:+1 | Perc: +21, |
Vocab:
Yes,no,big,stick,ears,truth,magic,here,good,bad,go,ok,danger,person,stop,he lp,5w's,maybe,up,down

Dat just smiles and waves at the group and watches people sort thing out.

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 8
Timer:
None
| HP 57/57 Temp 18 | AC 16 T 14 FF 14 Converts 5 Lethal ==> Non Lethal| CMB +3 CMD 15 | F +10 R +9 W +12| INIT +9| PER +9/+11 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+1|30'|Mage Armor, False Life, Ablative Barrier
Resources:
Slush Fund 50/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 7/7, Pearl of Power 1st 6/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 3/3, Extend 3/3 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 5/5 4th 3/3

Xilt responds to Bom.

"It is hard to say under all that water. Dat can you retrieve the sword please?"

Grand Lodge

AC:30 T:19 F:29| HP 66/66 | CMD:27 | F:+11 R:+5 W:+12 | Init:+1 | Perc: +21, |
Vocab:
Yes,no,big,stick,ears,truth,magic,here,good,bad,go,ok,danger,person,stop,he lp,5w's,maybe,up,down

"Yes."

Dat goes to get it. He checks for any danger. Casting guidance before he goes.

Perception: 10 + 22 = 32


Dat is easily able to recover the longsword.

Dat:
Please roll a Perception or Appraise check for me (your choice).

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Inquis 7| HP 47 | AC 24; Tch 12; FF 19 | F +6; R +4; W +9 | CMB +4; CMD 15 | Speed 15 ft | Init +5 | Stealth +1 | Perc +15 Inquisitor 7

"Dat does it say anything on the blade?"

Grand Lodge

AC:30 T:19 F:29| HP 66/66 | CMD:27 | F:+11 R:+5 W:+12 | Init:+1 | Perc: +21, |
Vocab:
Yes,no,big,stick,ears,truth,magic,here,good,bad,go,ok,danger,person,stop,he lp,5w's,maybe,up,down

Dat brings the blade over to Deldri. Looking at it as he goes.

Perception: 1d20 + 221 ⇒ (9) + 221 = 230

Sovereign Court

Bard/1 - Rogue/4 |HP: 48/48 Fort/Ref/Will: +3/+9/+4 - Initiative: +8 - Perception: +8 - AC: 22 - Touch: 18 - Flatfooted: 17 (Can't be caught flatfooted) |BP: 6/7

Hal looks at the impressive sword as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Grand Lodge

AC:30 T:19 F:29| HP 66/66 | CMD:27 | F:+11 R:+5 W:+12 | Init:+1 | Perc: +21, |
Vocab:
Yes,no,big,stick,ears,truth,magic,here,good,bad,go,ok,danger,person,stop,he lp,5w's,maybe,up,down

That a 30 for Dat. 21 is the proper mod.

Grand Lodge

Active:
Lead blades Boots of Friendly Terrrain (Underground) Longstrider 1h, Shield Companion 1h, Mage Armor (Uflur) 1h, Heightened Awareness 10m
Human (Ulfen) 43870-4 | Ranger 6 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | HP / 58| F +8 R +8 W +6 | Init +5* | Perc +13*; Survival +13*; Dipl. +9; Handle Comp. +15 Ulfur (Animal Companion) | init +3; Perc +4 | HP 49 (HD6) | AC 25 T:16 FF:22 CMD 20| F:+8; R:+8; W:+2 | Bite +6 (1d6+3)

When Bom eventually reports on the adventure, he attempts to finalize the chronicle propertly.

Report to PFS DC 15 w/Wayfinder: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


When the sword is examined carefully, an interesting thing catches your eye--the pommel is detachable! Inside is an arcane magical scroll of hold monster.

Having thoroughly searched this section of the Halls Under the Hills and cleared it of any visible dangers, you're able to make your way back safely to the Greenforest Inn. Venture-Captain Adril Hestram is sitting at the bar, several empty tankards of ale lined up next to him. He starts when he sees you. "Back so soon, lads? Well, you're all in one piece so either you met with rousing success or decided not to go in at all! Tell me, what happened?"

Grand Lodge

AC:30 T:19 F:29| HP 66/66 | CMD:27 | F:+11 R:+5 W:+12 | Init:+1 | Perc: +21, |
Vocab:
Yes,no,big,stick,ears,truth,magic,here,good,bad,go,ok,danger,person,stop,he lp,5w's,maybe,up,down

"No danger, bad magic, Dat help." Dat looks satisfied with the report he gave.


Innate Abilities:
Breath Weapon 1/1, Glitterdust 1/1, Dehyrdate 1/1
| HP 28/28 DR 5/Magic FH 2 Arid Env.| AC 23 T 14 FF 21| CMB +4 CMD 17| F +3 R +5 W +6| PER +11 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 30' Fly 40' +15 Stealth +12|Active Conditions Improved Evasion

Tzleztor gives Dat a wink and thumbs up for his report.

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 8
Timer:
None
| HP 57/57 Temp 18 | AC 16 T 14 FF 14 Converts 5 Lethal ==> Non Lethal| CMB +3 CMD 15 | F +10 R +9 W +12| INIT +9| PER +9/+11 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+1|30'|Mage Armor, False Life, Ablative Barrier
Resources:
Slush Fund 50/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 7/7, Pearl of Power 1st 6/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 3/3, Extend 3/3 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 5/5 4th 3/3

Xilt begins. He rubs his hands together finding the topic fascinating.

"It really is quite remarkable. We found the lair of an Azlanti Wizard named Nhur Athemon. In fact we recovered the books that he had that detailed the care for many of the magical creatures that inhabited his unusual zoo. Of course now only the Sphinx Melabdara survives as the others creatures were violent and had to be eliminated. Melabdara has returned to her former lair outside of this complex but perhaps one day we will meet her again."

"The habitats on this level remain more or less intact and I imagine that in time local creatures from the surrounding area will inhabit this level once again. There is also a mithril mine of note as well. So that is something that can be of profit for the society."

Xilt having run out of things to say and not usually being a person that is very talkative at the best of times looks around at the others to see if they have anything else of interest to add to this discussion.

Grand Lodge

Active:
Lead blades Boots of Friendly Terrrain (Underground) Longstrider 1h, Shield Companion 1h, Mage Armor (Uflur) 1h, Heightened Awareness 10m
Human (Ulfen) 43870-4 | Ranger 6 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | HP / 58| F +8 R +8 W +6 | Init +5* | Perc +13*; Survival +13*; Dipl. +9; Handle Comp. +15 Ulfur (Animal Companion) | init +3; Perc +4 | HP 49 (HD6) | AC 25 T:16 FF:22 CMD 20| F:+8; R:+8; W:+2 | Bite +6 (1d6+3)

Bom remembers to lead the red-eyed owl out.
Bom shrugs, grabs a tankard, drinks it down, belches,

"Eh. Nothing to get all worked up about. Dat and that bigfooted elephant of his could have solo'd that dungeon."

Grand Lodge

Perform Rounds: 24/24 Gnome Bard/8 AC 19 {T 13, FF 17} HP: 57/57 | Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +9;( +4) | Init +7; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +12

Making certain his tankard is filled, "Ifin ya don't mind me sayin', THAT was a full week o' work squeezed inta a single teeny tiny day. Xilty there's got the right of it though. Zoo, prison, 'r museum, take yer pick. All of 'em were the right answer 'pon a time. Ain't much more'n empty now. 'N yer welcome fer that." Spackle hoists his mug. "Good work all 'round boys. We all came home with all our parts. Not bad. Now, who'll join me tippin' a few back fer Cayden?"


Hestram gives you all a big grin and raises a tankard. "Sounds like a complete success to me--even old Valsin won't be able to argue with the results! First round's on me then--and a few more after that!"

That's the formal end, though of course feel free to do any other RP you'd like. Thanks for playing, and please head over to the Discussion thread for info on Chronicles.

501 to 533 of 533 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dark Menagerie Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.