GM Jhaeman's The Dark Menagerie (Inactive)

Game Master Jhaeman

Thornkeep: The Dark Menagerie

Maps & Handouts


401 to 450 of 533 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

The strange tentacled monster begins convulsing with what perhaps only Spackle knows is a type of laughter! Hal takes advantage by shooting it with a crossbow bolt!

Seeing the situation well in hand, Deldri searches around the "desert" landscape. He notices a pink wand wedged into the sandy floor beneath the waters of the oasis.

The cephalopod is immune to the prone condition, but it can't take any actions except the following: on its turn, it can spend a full-round action to attempt a new saving throw to shake off the effect.

Even with soft cover, Hal's bolt hits because it is blinded (and the sneak attack damage does apply)

Botting Deldri.

GM Dice:

Saving throw vs laughter (w/ +4 bonus for different type): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Perception (Deldri): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18


Initiative (Round 2)

Hal
Deldri
Xilt
Spackle
Beetle
Bom
Dat

Cephalopod

Bold may go!

Grand Lodge

AC:30 T:19 F:29| HP 66/66 | CMD:27 | F:+11 R:+5 W:+12 | Init:+1 | Perc: +21, |
Vocab:
Yes,no,big,stick,ears,truth,magic,here,good,bad,go,ok,danger,person,stop,he lp,5w's,maybe,up,down

Date can only muster one punch.

Right fist: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 201d4 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Grand Lodge

Active:
Lead blades Boots of Friendly Terrrain (Underground) Longstrider 1h, Shield Companion 1h, Mage Armor (Uflur) 1h, Heightened Awareness 10m
Human (Ulfen) 43870-4 | Ranger 6 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | HP / 58| F +8 R +8 W +6 | Init +5* | Perc +13*; Survival +13*; Dipl. +9; Handle Comp. +15 Ulfur (Animal Companion) | init +3; Perc +4 | HP 49 (HD6) | AC 25 T:16 FF:22 CMD 20| F:+8; R:+8; W:+2 | Bite +6 (1d6+3)

Bom quick steps to the remaining creature and unloads.

Sword+PA-TWF: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Shield+PA: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Bom nods to Ulfur to attack from the rear.

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Dat lands another punch on the hapless creature, while Bom bashes it with his shield and Ulfur tears out a chunk of rubbery flesh. Although wounded in several places, the creature stops convulsing and looks ready to keep up the fight!

The creature succeeded on its full-round action saving throw, and is no longer laughing. It is still blinded however.

GM Dice:

Saving throw w/ +4 bonus for different type: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Saving throw vs. glitterdust: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Initiative (Round 3)

Hal
Deldri
Xilt
Spackle
Bom
Dat

Cephalopod

Bold may go!

Grand Lodge

Active:
Lead blades Boots of Friendly Terrrain (Underground) Longstrider 1h, Shield Companion 1h, Mage Armor (Uflur) 1h, Heightened Awareness 10m
Human (Ulfen) 43870-4 | Ranger 6 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | HP / 58| F +8 R +8 W +6 | Init +5* | Perc +13*; Survival +13*; Dipl. +9; Handle Comp. +15 Ulfur (Animal Companion) | init +3; Perc +4 | HP 49 (HD6) | AC 25 T:16 FF:22 CMD 20| F:+8; R:+8; W:+2 | Bite +6 (1d6+3)

Bom leaves room next to him for Hal and then continues his assault on the creature.

Sword+PA-TWF: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Shield+PA: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Bom nods to Ulfur to attack from the rear.

Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Confirm Bom: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Confirm Ulfur: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Potentially another 36 ponits


Innate Abilities:
Breath Weapon 1/1, Glitterdust 0/1, Dehyrdate 0/1
| HP 25/25 Temp 11 DR 5/Magic FH 2 Arid Env.| AC 27 T 14 FF 24| CMB +3 CMD 15| F +3 R +5 W +5| PER +9 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 30' Fly 40' +14 Stealth +12|Active Conditions Improved Evasion, Mage Armor, False Life

Tzleztor finally has his chance for valor at least as he sees it. He flies in to claw the blinded tentacled monster flying over Bom's head and leaving room beneath for a land-based character to move in.

"My turn, finally."

To hit, Flank,Blinded,Bard Song: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 30
damage,Bard Song: 1d3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 18 T 14 FF 15| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +11| INIT +12| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Reduce Person, Heroism, D. Poison, A. Barrier, H.Awareness, F. Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil.
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 3/6, Pearl of Power 1st 0/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 2/3, Extend 0/3 | Spells 1st 2/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 1/3 4th 1/2

Xilt cheers his familiar on but in his typically subdued manner. He steps back seeing that the battle is well in hand and concentrates on the magic of the wand that Deldri has uncovered.

Cast Detect Magic on the wand and begin to identify.

Grand Lodge

AC:30 T:19 F:29| HP 66/66 | CMD:27 | F:+11 R:+5 W:+12 | Init:+1 | Perc: +21, |
Vocab:
Yes,no,big,stick,ears,truth,magic,here,good,bad,go,ok,danger,person,stop,he lp,5w's,maybe,up,down

Dat try to make his one punch count.

Right fist: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 2 = 201d4 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Stunning fist DC 19 Fort Save.

Likely it's best save but let's see.

Sovereign Court

Bard/1 - Rogue/4 |HP: 48/48 Fort/Ref/Will: +3/+9/+4 - Initiative: +8 - Perception: +8 - AC: 22 - Touch: 18 - Flatfooted: 17 (Can't be caught flatfooted) |BP: 6/7

"We got 'em on the ropes. Or the tentacles. Or whatever."

Another bolt flies.

Range: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Sneak Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

Hal then loads again.


The adventurers' onslaught overwhelms the tentacled creature, and it becomes an inert mass of rubbery flesh.

That poor decapus was down to 2 hit points before the round begin--after these attacks, it'll have been cut to ribbons!

We are off Initiative.

Xilt, you can roll your Spellcraft check to ID the wand.


Innate Abilities:
Breath Weapon 1/1, Glitterdust 0/1, Dehyrdate 0/1
| HP 25/25 Temp 11 DR 5/Magic FH 2 Arid Env.| AC 27 T 14 FF 24| CMB +3 CMD 15| F +3 R +5 W +5| PER +9 Darkvision 60' SM+0| Speed 30' Fly 40' +14 Stealth +12|Active Conditions Improved Evasion, Mage Armor, False Life

Tzleztor takes a mid-air victory dance after the decapus goes down. After a few moments of jubilation he returns to his master's side.

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 18 T 14 FF 15| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +11| INIT +12| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Reduce Person, Heroism, D. Poison, A. Barrier, H.Awareness, F. Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil.
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 3/6, Pearl of Power 1st 0/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 2/3, Extend 0/3 | Spells 1st 2/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 1/3 4th 1/2

Xilt relaxes now as they are out of combat. He takes a moment longer to identify the wand (His take 10 on Spellcraft is 27).


Xilt:
You believe the wand is a wand of calm emotions with 23 charges remaining.

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 18 T 14 FF 15| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +11| INIT +12| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Reduce Person, Heroism, D. Poison, A. Barrier, H.Awareness, F. Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil.
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 3/6, Pearl of Power 1st 0/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 2/3, Extend 0/3 | Spells 1st 2/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 1/3 4th 1/2

Xilt looks more carefully at the Oasis. He is checking to see if it is actually a creature or a magical effect. He looks to see how deep the water is?

Treasure at the bottom of a body of a water seems like a trap to me.

Grand Lodge

AC:30 T:19 F:29| HP 66/66 | CMD:27 | F:+11 R:+5 W:+12 | Init:+1 | Perc: +21, |
Vocab:
Yes,no,big,stick,ears,truth,magic,here,good,bad,go,ok,danger,person,stop,he lp,5w's,maybe,up,down

Dat will use his spirit sight to see if it if there is a creature it is a creature he can detect (undead; fey; outsiders; and astral, ethereal, or incorporeal).

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Inquis 7| HP 47 | AC 24; Tch 12; FF 19 | F +6; R +4; W +9 | CMB +4; CMD 15 | Speed 15 ft | Init +5 | Stealth +1 | Perc +15 Inquisitor 7

"Xilt are you sure? Is anyone good at swimming to check the water?"

Deldri kneels down and looks at the water.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

Grand Lodge

AC:30 T:19 F:29| HP 66/66 | CMD:27 | F:+11 R:+5 W:+12 | Init:+1 | Perc: +21, |
Vocab:
Yes,no,big,stick,ears,truth,magic,here,good,bad,go,ok,danger,person,stop,he lp,5w's,maybe,up,down

Dat could likely earth glide under the spring and grab the stuff and earth glide back.


The water is crystal clear. No one notices anything else unusual about it.

Dat, you're still bleeding from the slicer beetle's crit. Neither of us rolled it the last couple of rounds, so assume you've taken 7 points in total from bleed (in addition to the normal critical hit damage). Please update your tagline accordingly. Does anyone want to roll a Heal check or use magical healing to stop the bleeding?

GM Dice:

Bleed # 2: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Bleed #: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Grand Lodge

Active:
Lead blades Boots of Friendly Terrrain (Underground) Longstrider 1h, Shield Companion 1h, Mage Armor (Uflur) 1h, Heightened Awareness 10m
Human (Ulfen) 43870-4 | Ranger 6 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | HP / 58| F +8 R +8 W +6 | Init +5* | Perc +13*; Survival +13*; Dipl. +9; Handle Comp. +15 Ulfur (Animal Companion) | init +3; Perc +4 | HP 49 (HD6) | AC 25 T:16 FF:22 CMD 20| F:+8; R:+8; W:+2 | Bite +6 (1d6+3)

Bom sees Dat bleeding and attempts to stop the flow of blood.

Take 10 on Heal with wayfiner = 17

Bom refreshes his heightened awareness and looks around.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Grand Lodge

AC:30 T:19 F:29| HP 66/66 | CMD:27 | F:+11 R:+5 W:+12 | Init:+1 | Perc: +21, |
Vocab:
Yes,no,big,stick,ears,truth,magic,here,good,bad,go,ok,danger,person,stop,he lp,5w's,maybe,up,down

Dat starts healing himself before continuing with the inspection.

CLW: 6d8 + 6 ⇒ (1, 7, 3, 8, 4, 5) + 6 = 34

"Huh."

Guidance on Xilt. Offers him a book (arcane family workbook). And tries to help.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

+5 total to your roll Xilt.

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 18 T 14 FF 15| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +11| INIT +12| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Reduce Person, Heroism, D. Poison, A. Barrier, H.Awareness, F. Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil.
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 3/6, Pearl of Power 1st 0/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 2/3, Extend 0/3 | Spells 1st 2/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 1/3 4th 1/2

Spellcraft,Heroism: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 15 + 2 = 29

Dat,thanks for the offer of Guidance but he was already casting it before you were able to help.

Sovereign Court

Bard/1 - Rogue/4 |HP: 48/48 Fort/Ref/Will: +3/+9/+4 - Initiative: +8 - Perception: +8 - AC: 22 - Touch: 18 - Flatfooted: 17 (Can't be caught flatfooted) |BP: 6/7

"Any volunteers to go get that thing out of the water?"

"How you feeling, Dat? Better?"

Grand Lodge

AC:30 T:19 F:29| HP 66/66 | CMD:27 | F:+11 R:+5 W:+12 | Init:+1 | Perc: +21, |
Vocab:
Yes,no,big,stick,ears,truth,magic,here,good,bad,go,ok,danger,person,stop,he lp,5w's,maybe,up,down

Dat gives a thumbs up. "Yes!"

If the group thinks the item is safe to retrieve Dat will earth glide under, check for traps and retrieve the item.

Perception: 10 + 21 = 31

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 18 T 14 FF 15| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +11| INIT +12| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Reduce Person, Heroism, D. Poison, A. Barrier, H.Awareness, F. Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil.
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 3/6, Pearl of Power 1st 0/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 2/3, Extend 0/3 | Spells 1st 2/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 1/3 4th 1/2

Xilt nods and gives Dat the thumbs up to recover the wand.

"Perhaps we should continue on after this? There is the room and passage after the decapus or so Tzleztor has told me."


Dat tunnels under the oasis, retrieves the wand, and returns to the surface without difficulty.

Bom:
You look around, but don't find anything of interest.

Grand Lodge

AC:30 T:19 F:29| HP 66/66 | CMD:27 | F:+11 R:+5 W:+12 | Init:+1 | Perc: +21, |
Vocab:
Yes,no,big,stick,ears,truth,magic,here,good,bad,go,ok,danger,person,stop,he lp,5w's,maybe,up,down

"Magic stick."

Dat hands the wand over to Xilt. Then once everyone is ready he will go and checkout the next room to the east.


Dat scouts the chamber to the east. Black chains and metal rings—eerily bedecked in animal paws, humanoid hands, and skeletal fists—hang from the archway entrance. Inside, a single row of stone columns files down the center of this long, soaring chamber. A short ledge at the south end of the room leads up to a pronounced dais, which is decorated with two mighty statues carved from black stone. The statues depict a scholarly man bedecked in robes from the waist up, but with thick, writhing snakes for legs. Cobwebs hang from the ceiling and pillars like dozens of sagging tapestries

Thick adamantine chains connected to rings in the walls hold back a fearsome beast: a creature that has the body of a lion, the wings of a falcon, and the head and torso of an aged but beautiful human woman! Seeing Dat’s approach, the beast stirs in its chains before speaking softly ”Help me, please.”

Identify Creature: DC DC 18 Knowledge (arcana):
This is a sphinx. Sphinxes are wise and majestic creatures that are careful and methodical in decision-making but terrifying when angered. They love riddles and arcane trivia, and often barter for information.

Identify Creature: DC 23 Knowledge (arcana):
You know an additional useful piece of information: Sphinxes have powerful innate spellcasting abilities.

Identify Creature: DC 28 Knowledge (arcana):
You know an additional useful piece of information: Sphinxes have fearsome speed in battle, and their leonine bodies can tear foes to shreds! (in gameplay, they have pounce and rake)

Identify Creature: DC 33 Knowledge (arcana):
You know an additional useful piece of information: Sphinxes can indeed fly with their falcon’s wings, but poorly.

Grand Lodge

AC:30 T:19 F:29| HP 66/66 | CMD:27 | F:+11 R:+5 W:+12 | Init:+1 | Perc: +21, |
Vocab:
Yes,no,big,stick,ears,truth,magic,here,good,bad,go,ok,danger,person,stop,he lp,5w's,maybe,up,down

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (9) + 24 = 33

Dat reads the creatures face to determin if it is trust worthy.


You're going to need to interact a bit to use Sense Motive. The book says at least 1 minute to get a hunch, but potentially a whole evening!

Grand Lodge

AC:30 T:19 F:29| HP 66/66 | CMD:27 | F:+11 R:+5 W:+12 | Init:+1 | Perc: +21, |
Vocab:
Yes,no,big,stick,ears,truth,magic,here,good,bad,go,ok,danger,person,stop,he lp,5w's,maybe,up,down

"You no danger?"

Ok Dat will go for the reactive vs bluff if it tries to lie. He will take ten.

Grand Lodge

Perform Rounds: 22/22 Gnome Bard/7 AC 19 {T 13, FF 17} HP: 50/50 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +5; +4 | Init +3; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11

Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

A low whistle escapes from the bard. "Oy now boyo's, suren that's a sphinx. Reckon ifin she coulda done sumthin' ta get loose on 'er own, she woulda done it by now." He then whispers, "She'd be an ab-sa-lute terror ta fight, so let's not be tickin' 'er off none." The bard takes a few item out of his pack. "We've been seein' lots o' things in 'ere, but nuthin' yet willin' ta have a wee chat. Looks like yer stayin' put fer the time bein'. Ya thirsty 'r hungry? Not sure whatcha eat. Hopin' it ain't handsome gnomes like meself. Suren though you'd want a spot ta drink." Spackle tries to judge the length of the chains and stays at a safe distance. He tosses some rations, a water flask and a wine skin toward the captured creature. "Name's Spackle. You got's yerself a name lass?"


The sphinx answers Dat's question. "I'm only dangerous to those who wrong me! When I get my hands on that wizard Athemon! Let me guess--you're one of his invited guests, come to goggle. You must be from far away, given your strange dress and speech. Well, you don't look smart, but you must be smart enough to know what's good for you. If you get me out of these chains, I'll make it worth your while."

She hastily scoops up the supplies Spackle tosses near her, but makes a show of taking her time to eat and drink. "My gratitude, master gnome. Usually the tour guide introduces me. Where is that empty suit of armor anyway? Well, my name is Melabdara."

Secret GM Dice:
Why are you reading secret GM dice? You should be ashamed of yourself!

Sovereign Court

Bard/1 - Rogue/4 |HP: 48/48 Fort/Ref/Will: +3/+9/+4 - Initiative: +8 - Perception: +8 - AC: 22 - Touch: 18 - Flatfooted: 17 (Can't be caught flatfooted) |BP: 6/7

Speaking to the sphinx, Hal says, "Well, we surely would not want to wrong you in any way. You mentioned making it 'worth our while.' Please continue. - Not that we might not free you anyway. I'm just curious, you know? Curiosity is kind of a feature of mine."

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Inquis 7| HP 47 | AC 24; Tch 12; FF 19 | F +6; R +4; W +9 | CMB +4; CMD 15 | Speed 15 ft | Init +5 | Stealth +1 | Perc +15 Inquisitor 7

"what can we do to free you?"

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 18 T 14 FF 15| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +11| INIT +12| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Reduce Person, Heroism, D. Poison, A. Barrier, H.Awareness, F. Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil.
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 3/6, Pearl of Power 1st 0/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 2/3, Extend 0/3 | Spells 1st 2/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 1/3 4th 1/2

Xilt examines the beast with a scholar's curiosity. Xilt was in the back of the party exchanging wands with his familiar. Tzleztor now has the pink wand of Calm Emotions and Xilt has reclaimed his wand of Magic Missile.

"Most interesting. I have seen such marvelous creatures in books of course but not up close. Still to keep intelligent beings imprisoned does seem rather cruel and rather pointless."

Xilt looks up.

"We are certainly not guests of this wizard that you speak of and have no intention of harming anyone save in self-defense of course.Say Melabdara would you like me to clean you up before we release you? A magical power wash so to speak. It tickles a little but overall it is a pleasant experience."

Xilt turns to Deldri.

"I imagine the key we found would be for her. If not I have learned a few tricks in the Exchange for opening locks and such."

Arcana,Heroism,Heightened Awareness: 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 21


To Hal and Deldri she says "I'm tired of being this carnival sideshow exhibit for Nhur Athemon! If you get me out of here before he returns, I'll pay you handsomely once I get to my lair. As a . . . token of trust, I'll even give you this pendant I wear. It's an ioun stone that keeps me fed. That miserable Azlanti won't even give me real food! All you need to do is break the chains--it won't be easy, I admit."

To Xilt she says "A kind offer, but first things first. Freedom, and then a bath!"

Dat:
Watching this conversation, you get the hunch that Melabdara is essentially on the level. She really is desperate to get out, and her malice is directed towards Nhur Athemon, not yourselves. However, she may be exaggerating about the great wealth she says she has to pay you with.

The adamantine chains have been essentially bolted or screwed into walls and floors of the room--there's not an actual lock to pick.

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 18 T 14 FF 15| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +11| INIT +12| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Reduce Person, Heroism, D. Poison, A. Barrier, H.Awareness, F. Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil.
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 3/6, Pearl of Power 1st 0/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 2/3, Extend 0/3 | Spells 1st 2/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 1/3 4th 1/2

Xilt nods at the Sphinx.

He glances at the statues of the men with snakes as legs to see if he recognizes them. He will also cast Detect Magic to determine what else might be concealed in the room.

[Perception to find hidden objects is now 25 with a take 10]

"I will need to think on this for a moment. Perhaps there is a magical solution or if not work with picks should eventually set you free."

"What can you tell us about the statues of the men here in this room?"


"That's a representation of Abraxas, the demon lord of forbidden lore and magic. Nhur Athemon is a devotee." She looks puzzled as she notices the floating, ghostly helm that accompanies Xilt. "There's the guide! At least its head. What happened? And not to belabour the point, but if you've been invited here, you know how fearsome Nhur Athemon can be. Please set me free before he returns!"

Xilt:
The pendant the sphinx wears is indeed magical--you can try to identify it with a Spellcraft check. You don't find anything else hidden.

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 18 T 14 FF 15| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +11| INIT +12| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Reduce Person, Heroism, D. Poison, A. Barrier, H.Awareness, F. Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil.
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 3/6, Pearl of Power 1st 0/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 2/3, Extend 0/3 | Spells 1st 2/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 1/3 4th 1/2

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 2 = 33

"As I have said before we are not guests of the wizard. The head seems to follow me as it is attracted to users of magic or so I think.We are interlopers here actually and we will set you free as soon as we find a way. Which will be soon as in within the hour. So try to relax please. I don't think that this wizard is ever coming back so put that fear out of your mind. I think you have been here far longer than you think."

"Do you know of any hidden passages or rooms here? We might find tools there to aid you?"

Xilt is a skilled linguist. Does he notices the Sphinx use any archaic phrasings considering the beast has probably been here for hundreds if not thousands of years the common tongue has probably undergone some change.

Grand Lodge

AC:30 T:19 F:29| HP 66/66 | CMD:27 | F:+11 R:+5 W:+12 | Init:+1 | Perc: +21, |
Vocab:
Yes,no,big,stick,ears,truth,magic,here,good,bad,go,ok,danger,person,stop,he lp,5w's,maybe,up,down

"hmmmm. You no danger."

Dat walks over and starts inspecting them, but realizes he can't to enough damage in single hit to damage them.


"Interlopers? Well, I am at your mercy. I know very little of this place. Nhur Athemon captured me in the Sahure Wastes in Osirion several years ago. I've been in chains in this chamber ever since. He comes occasionally to gloat, but I know when he grows bored he'll do away with me and seek after some other prize. But if you set me free, I would be in your debt--and the favors of a sphinx are not lightly turned aside!"

Xilt:
The pendant is a clear spindle ioun stone.

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 18 T 14 FF 15| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +11| INIT +12| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Reduce Person, Heroism, D. Poison, A. Barrier, H.Awareness, F. Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil.
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 3/6, Pearl of Power 1st 0/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 2/3, Extend 0/3 | Spells 1st 2/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 1/3 4th 1/2

Xilt nods.

"I have it within my power to set you free right now. No more waiting. I can teleport us both to the next chamber and then you will be able to make it out with a bit of difficulty out of this prison. I will need to touch you for this spell to work. Agreed?"

I am assuming that she is size Large. If she is Huge this will not work.

Grand Lodge

Perform Rounds: 22/22 Gnome Bard/7 AC 19 {T 13, FF 17} HP: 50/50 | Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +5; +4 | Init +3; Darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +11

"Don'tcha be worryin' none. We'll be gettin' ya outta there right quick."

If we are unable to free here, and/or the key does not work, Spackle will work on the lock.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19
Disable Device: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Inquis 7| HP 47 | AC 24; Tch 12; FF 19 | F +6; R +4; W +9 | CMB +4; CMD 15 | Speed 15 ft | Init +5 | Stealth +1 | Perc +15 Inquisitor 7

"Spackle hope that works. The chains look hard to break"

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 18 T 14 FF 15| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +11| INIT +12| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Reduce Person, Heroism, D. Poison, A. Barrier, H.Awareness, F. Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil.
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 3/6, Pearl of Power 1st 0/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 2/3, Extend 0/3 | Spells 1st 2/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 1/3 4th 1/2

The wizard simply laughs and shakes his head at the gnomes' prattle.

"Tell me when you are ready."

Grand Lodge

Active:
Lead blades Boots of Friendly Terrrain (Underground) Longstrider 1h, Shield Companion 1h, Mage Armor (Uflur) 1h, Heightened Awareness 10m
Human (Ulfen) 43870-4 | Ranger 6 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | HP / 58| F +8 R +8 W +6 | Init +5* | Perc +13*; Survival +13*; Dipl. +9; Handle Comp. +15 Ulfur (Animal Companion) | init +3; Perc +4 | HP 49 (HD6) | AC 25 T:16 FF:22 CMD 20| F:+8; R:+8; W:+2 | Bite +6 (1d6+3)

Bom eyes the odd creature warily and tries to get s sense of the creature's motives during the interaction.

Sense Motive w/Guidance: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

But Bom knows he's not so good at reading people. When the others seem convinced that freeing the sphinx is the the way to go.

"I've got a sword that's made of that hard metal. I can probably hack my way through it."

Before Spackle makes his first attempt, Bom hits himself with Lead Blades.

"If this helmet is linked to that wizard, any chance it will sound the alarm if we free Melabdara?" Bom keeps one eye on that floating helmet and the other on the sphinx.

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 18 T 14 FF 15| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +10 W +11| INIT +12| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Reduce Person, Heroism, D. Poison, A. Barrier, H.Awareness, F. Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil.
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 3/6, Pearl of Power 1st 0/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 2/3, Extend 0/3 | Spells 1st 2/6 2nd 4/5 3rd 1/3 4th 1/2

Xilt looks at the sword recognizing it as the same material as the chains.

"Bom, aim at the stone floor where the chains are bolted down. Your sword will cut through that material like butter but the chains will hold up to your attacks pretty well."

"As for the Wizard well he must be dead for many years now. I would not worry about him too much."

Your sword will not bypass the hardness of adamantine as per official Core FAQ.

Grand Lodge

Active:
Lead blades Boots of Friendly Terrrain (Underground) Longstrider 1h, Shield Companion 1h, Mage Armor (Uflur) 1h, Heightened Awareness 10m
Human (Ulfen) 43870-4 | Ranger 6 | AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | HP / 58| F +8 R +8 W +6 | Init +5* | Perc +13*; Survival +13*; Dipl. +9; Handle Comp. +15 Ulfur (Animal Companion) | init +3; Perc +4 | HP 49 (HD6) | AC 25 T:16 FF:22 CMD 20| F:+8; R:+8; W:+2 | Bite +6 (1d6+3)

Bom nods...

Waiting for clarification that Spackle didn't disable the chain, somehow.

401 to 450 of 533 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Dark Menagerie Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.