[SFS - PbP Gameday VIII] 1-12 Ashes of Discovery - GM bigboom (Inactive)

Game Master bigboom

Maps & Slides


151 to 200 of 207 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear
Seven of Eleven wrote:
"Greetings speaker please hold your fire, We are Path..I mean Starfinders in search of the one know as the exile. Are you the unit named exile that we seek?" Seven of Eleven moves so that the unstable captain is between the laser and Seven of Eleven.

"Am I the what?!? You callin' me a you-nit? Well, I'll show you! YOU'RE the nit-wit!!!"

Ray and Frøese work together on the laser turret during the verbal exchange. The two of you manage to successfully remove the panel hiding the turret and disable a motion sensor that triggers the turret to activate. The turret is now rendered harmless!!

And juuuust as Ray and Frøese manage to disable the turret, the voice continues, Ya think that's all I got. I'll show you what I got!! Whack 'em boyz!!!!"

Morvruul the Merchant wrote:
"It would appear that this door is impassable." Morvruul declares, pointing to the door at the north.

Remember the above statement from earlier?? Well, this happens...

The northern door swings wide open!!! And standing in the doorway are two robots, weapons poised and ready to attack!!!

Combat Initiated!!!

Spoiler:
Initiative, Ryu Shuto: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Initiative, Rayburn (Geo): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Initiative, Catsial: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Initiative, Seven of Eleven: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Initiative, Froese: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Initiative, Morvruul: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Initiative, Robots: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Round 1
The following characters in bold may take their turn:

Frøese (-1RP)
Seven (-1RP)
Ryu (-1RP)
Morvruul (-4HP)

Red Robot
Blue Robot
Ray (-3SP, -2RP)
Catsial (-1RP)

Map updated!

Ryu and Catsial have weapons in hand. Morvruul, Ray and Frøese do not. I do not believe Seven has a weapon drawn but if you say it would've been drawn at this point, I'll accept it.

Dataphiles

Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14
GM bigboom wrote:
The northern door swings wide open!!! And standing in the doorway are two robots, weapons poised and ready to attack!!!

WHAT?! Morvruul ponders, eyes wide open at the sudden reveal. But, then, his eyes narrow. This must be Rayburn's doing...somehow, he concludes.

"You two agents certainly picked a most convenient moment to disable that laser trap, didn't you?" Morvruul cries out accusingly.

The "merchant" quickly tries to size up the newly-arrived attackers.
Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Morvruul then draws his sword cane and swings.
Melee (sword cane): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Curse you, Rayburn! The witchwyrd fumes as his blade falters. If that is indeed, your real name!

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Ryu moves to get a better target and fires at red.

Ghibrani Huchket Rifle: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 8


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Morvruul recognizes these robots as... uhhh... well... robots!! They are extraplanar technological constructs. They've got appendages that appear as though they can slam opponents and they have some kind of integrated ranged weapon on another appendage. You do deduce one piece of particularly useful information and that is they are vulnerable to electricity...

Morvruul swings wildly at a robot and misses!!

Ryu, ready with his rifle, does much better. The rifle shot hits red and red immediately goes down with a *CRASH*!!

The voice yells over the intercom, "NOOOOO!!! Johnny 5!!! You were alive!!!! Youse wiseguys are gunna pay for that!!!"

Round 1
The following characters in bold may take their turn:

Frøese (-1RP)
Seven (-1RP)

Ryu (-1RP)
Morvruul (-4HP)
Blue Robot
Ray (-3SP, -2RP)
Catsial (-1RP)

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

Seeing the robots about to attack "Your programming is flawed and will need to be replaced once you are repaired."

Engineering to ID the robots: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

And draws his Pulsecaster rifle.

I am thinking that is all my actions unless he can fire after drawing his rifle
Once the robots are repaired Seven of Eleven will have minons of his own...Bwahahahahahahahaha


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Seven, you can most definitely fire. These are full rounds so you can draw as a move action and fire as a standard, so go for it!

Seven, looking at the robots, is also able to determine that they have construct immunities, are unliving, and their integrated weapon appears to be sonic based.

With that roll, you pretty much learn all there is left to know about them. Is there anything else you'd like to know? They're not all that tough, to be honest....

One other note. Because you know that these have construct immunities, you also know that the robots are immune to nonlethal damage. Therefore, your pulsecaster rifle would be useless. Happy to retcon you pulling out a different weapon instead of the pulsecaster rifle.

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

Thanks for a different weapon, pulls his Hunting Rifle instead.

With his Hunting Rifle Seven of Eleven attempts to put down the rouge robot.

Hunting Rifle attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage per: 1d8 ⇒ 1


Botting Frøese

Frøese pulls out his pistol and fires!!

Pistol vs KAC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Piercing Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Frøese's attack misses but Seven's shot dings blue for 1 point!

The blue robot attempts to slam Morvruul!!
slam vs KAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Round 1 cont'd & Round 2
The following characters in bold may take their turn:

Frøese (-1RP)
Seven (-1RP)
Ryu (-1RP)
Morvruul (-5SP, -5HP)

Blue Robot (-1HP)
Ray (-3SP, -2RP)
Catsial (-1RP)

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

Trying to remember were to hit this robot model to shut down . Seven of Eleven tries to spot it on the robot.
perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Seven of Eleven adjusts his sights on the rifle and fires again.

Hunting Rifle attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Damage per: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Ryu takes aim and fires again.

Ghibrani Huchket Rifle: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 8


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Catsial while standing behind Morvruul steps to the side and hot the robot with his sword just to step back and attack from the other side.

Bluff, trick attack : 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 4 = 17
Bang vs kac: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
damage, piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Trick attack damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Ryu and Catsial's attack miss but Seven's shot lands, taking the robot out!

Combat Concluded!!!

Unfortunately, there's nothing to salvage from either the laser turret nor the two robots.

Moving forward to the next room, you find an L-shaped plastic table and accompanying chairs that are haphazardly shoved in the northwest area of this circular space. Doors exit to the south and east of this otherwise empty chamber.

You may go ahead and heal up if desired. Also, with no immediate dangers lurking, feel free to move your tokens around on the map.

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Ryu looks around some.
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

Seven of Eleven takes a look at the robots to see if they can be salvaged.
Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Then he moves forward into the next room.


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Kasatha walks slowly through the corridor and into the next room trying to see if there is anything of interest there

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

After that search, he turns himself to the doors. He put his pistol away so that he have a spare hand to open the doors.

After everyone is done with the room, Catsial opens the doors.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Seven looks through the robots thoroughly. Ryu and Catsial also examines the area but finds nothing else out of the ordinary.

Hallway unmasked on the map.

The voice crackles through the intercom system again, "Alright ya lil punks! One last warning. Those two bots are just a mere taste of what I've got in store for you. Another dozen bots will obliterate you, see!! And I've got some hocus pocus added on top that will rip you to shreds, y'hear!?!? So this is youse last chance! BEAT IT YA CHUMPS!!!"

Dataphiles

Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

Morvruul makes his way to one of the chairs in the room and takes a seat. For about ten minutes he glares toward Rayburn as he sits in the chair.
Spending 1 RP to recover Stamina Points.

When Catsiel puts away his pistol, Morvruul lays one of his hands upon the kasatha and whispers to his multi-armed ally in the kasathan tongue.

Kasatha:

"Keep your eye on the humans and the androids. I have reason to believe that they are in league with one another."

With his sword cane in one hand and a pistol in the other. Morvruul nods as Catsiel opens the door.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

Walking up to Morvruul while he is sitting and resting up, Rayburn looks at him with a bit of worry on his face.

" Morvruul, you seem pretty winded, do you need another serum? I only have one more, but if you need it I am fine if you use it."

As the group continues deeper into the compound, Ray keeps behind most of the others....because he really isn't a front line person.

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

When the group is ready to move on, Ryu takes the lead down the hallway.


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Trying to respond as Catsial would. So separating what I read having insight into Morvruul head vs what Catsial could observe and hear.

Catsial looks at Morvruul and thing for it for the moment. When standing next to they Witchwyrd one can spot a lot of similarities: lack of hair, similar skin color, and four arms are the most obvious factors. But the weight difference is huge between them. Morvruul seems to be two times heavier than slim Catsial.

Did I just call you fat? :P I quickly read and it seems that Witchwyrd weights around 300 lb while Kasathas 150-200 lb. So it seems like Witchwyrds are simply fluffy ;)

Kasatha:

"Are you concerned with their intentions? There are rare events of agents causing harm to each other."

After which he observes the Morvruul with some attention

Kasatha:

"But maybe I see how this mission might be different than the others. No worries I will watch your back, and make sure that others play nicely. "

Catsial Nods to Ryu, pulling out again his pistol among all the other weapons.

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14
Rayburn Giordano wrote:
" Morvruul, you seem pretty winded, do you need another serum? I only have one more, but if you need it I am fine if you use it."

"Winded?!" Morvruul huffs, indignantly, pausing for several moments to catch his breath before responding further. Once his panting sounds die down, he announces, "Why, I'm not winded at all."

When standing next to Catsial, it is not clear whether, due to his robes and attire, the witchwyrd appears somewhat more portly. However, it does seem apparent that Morvruul is clearly more thick.

In response to Catsial, he postulates aloud in common, "Due to the heavy losses of the Scoured Stars Incident, the Society has apparently been forced to lower it's standards in it's efforts to swell it's ranks."


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Love the banter!

Current status:
Frøese (-1RP)
Seven (-1RP)
Ryu (-1RP)
Morvruul (-5HP, -1RP)
Blue Robot (-1HP)
Ray (-3SP, -2RP)
Catsial (-1RP)

With Ryu and Catsial leading the way, the party pushes forward. Ryu throws open the next door to find supply lockers lining the walls of this thirty-foot-wide circular room. Varied pieces of equipment are visible within some of the open lockers, while others are piled on the floor in front of hastily cleared units. A set of doors exit this chamber to the southwest.

Looking around, you find within the lockers four incendiary grenades I and a set of squad defiance series armor.

Perception, Ryu Shuto: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Perception, Rayburn (Geo): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Perception, Catsial: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Perception, Seven of eleven: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Perception, Froese: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Perception, Morvruul: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

Searching around, Catsial, Seven and Froese also find a hidden compartment behind a locker that contains a squad machine gun and two screamer grenades I.

Map has been updated and I've moved everyone's tokens in to this locker supply room. How would the party like to proceed?

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Ryu oohs and aaaahs over the armor and bfg. He'd like either or both.


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Morvruul wrote:


In response to Catsial, he postulates aloud in common, "Due to the heavy losses of the Scoured Stars Incident, the Society has apparently been forced to lower it's standards in it's efforts to swell it's ranks."

Looking at the witchwyrd, Catsial responds also in common

"Yes I noticed it as well. A pity if you ask me, yet unfortunately a necessity."

In the armory

"I have no use of those items." Says Kasatha emotionless. He looks at the next doors and a thought comes to his mind.

How hard would it be for Catsial to disguise as a native alien from the planet? I guess that as we used their cars they are of similar height.

He looks if there are cameras or microphones in the room.

Lowering his voice Catsial shares his plan.

"I will disguise myself as one of them, furry alien creatures. One came to look for the Exile. I will rush into the room, if the exile will be there I will ask him for help and attack from behind when the opportunity arrives."

If the team agrees:

Disguise: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Catsial hides his pistol to his bag and uses Glamered Fusion to change his sniper rifle into a selfie stick. Using disguise kit Catsial covers his head in a universal mask changing his skin color and shape of a head with attached hair. He hides a pair of hands within the coat that he pins together allowing him to rip the free if needed but not letting anyone to see that he has more hands than 2.

When everyone is ready Catsial opens the doors mimicking a terrifying impression on his face and yelling:
"Help, help!"

In two visible hands Catsial holds a selfie stick (in one of those). In one of the hand hidden under the clothing, he holds a sword. His pistol is in the bag, but it has called fusion.

Wayfinders

Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

Froese takes up to 4 incendiary grenades, depending on who else wants one.

Froese takes up to 2 screamer grenades, depending on who else wants one.

Froese will take the machine gun if nobody else takes it.

Froese says "That sounds like a good plan, Catsial."

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

Morvruul is initially excited at the finding of a cache of weapons, but soon disappointed when he realizes that it differs little from that already widely available among the Pact Worlds.

Having, he believes, found a potential ally in Catsiel, the witchwyrd does not object to the kasatha's plan. Instead, he approaches Catsiel once disguised and slips a syringe into one of the pirate Starfinder's many hands, the same that Rayburn had given to him previously.

"Inject this into the unsuspecting 'exile'." he suggests. "Why, you could even tell this...'exile'... that it is a healing serum that you were able to remove from one of us intruders."

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

How about Ryu take the armor and Froese take the gun and we split the grenades?


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Unless anyone states otherwise, I'll go ahead and assume Ryu wears the armor and Frøese takes the machine gun. I'll also assume both of you take 2 incendiary grenades and 1 screamer grenade each. This is in line with Ryu's suggestion.

Catsial disguises himself and WOW! He does a great job! Everyone in the party admits they'd be convinced. And on that note, Catsial throws open the door and rushes in yelling for help!!

Inside, this immense circular room is bare, except for several computer screens and databanks that line the inner walls. Chairs jut out from some of these computerized desks, while doors exit to the southeast, and southwest. On a few of the computer screens, you notice some old classic gangster movies playing. Perhaps this explains how the exile learned Common as well as his 'unique' vocabulary...???

Inside, you see two robots that appear exactly the same as the previous two the party defeated. Also to the south, you see a simian (whom you assume to be the exile) taking cover behind a chair.

"I don't care whose you are! Youse trespassing, see!?!? And now me 'n da boyz are gonna have ta whack you!!"

Unfortunately, it appears the Exile doesn't care what Catsial looks like. The robots and the Exile move to attack!!!

"Combat Initiated!!!"

Initiative rolls:
Initiative, Ryu Shuto: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Initiative, Rayburn (Geo): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Initiative, Catsial: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Initiative, Seven of Eleven: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Initiative, Froese: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Initiative, Morvruul: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Initiative, Robots: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Initiative, Exile: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Wow, nice initiative rolls for the party! I get the feeling encounter is going to wrap up quick...

Round 1
The following characters in bold may take their turn:

Seven (-1RP)
Catsial (-1RP)
Morvruul (-5HP, -1RP)
Ryu (-1RP)
Frøese (-1RP)
Ray (-3SP, -2RP)

Red Robot
Blue Robot
Exile


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Given that in the end they initiated the fight I assume there is no talking of them being surprised?
Catsial with a terror yell:

"No!"

And runs west wanting to hide from the conflict, when he is far enough Catsial turns at the nearest droid. His second pair of hands rip the fabric and Catsial lashes quick stab at the droid.

Trick attack, Bluff: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 4 = 28
Atttack vs KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage, piercing: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Trick attack damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Catsial was convincing enough to surprise the droid, but the hand with a sword got tied by the fabric and his attack lacked accuracy and speed to do anything. The sword bounces of the droids plate protecting his chest.

Full action: trick attack


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

As much as I loved your disguise idea, unfortunately, there's no surprise. The exile doesn't want anyone intruding on his space and will straight up attack whomever comes in, fellow simian or not.


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

It was still worth a try, and at least this time my roll at least made it possible;) I hate to come up with an idea and then get 2 on a d20.

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Ryu rushes into the room and fires at the Exile. "Alive or dead, you're coming with us." The Exile's speach pattern is getting to the soldier.
Ghibrani Huchket Rifle: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 7

Dataphiles

Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

Morvruul rushes into the room with his pistol drawn.

"Put your stinking paws up, you damn dirty ape!" he cries.

Then, without waiting for any response, he fires.

Bluff (Trick Attack): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Ranged (semi-auto pistol, tactical): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage (semi-auto pistol)(P): 1d6 ⇒ 3
Additional Damage is Trick Attack Successful): 1d4 ⇒ 1

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

It was a great plan Catsial, too bad for box text

Seven of Eleven moves into the room and fire at the (red) robot

Hunting Rifle attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage per: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Wayfinders

Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

Froese moves forward and fires his new machine gun at the blue robot.

Machine gun attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Damage per: 1d10 ⇒ 6

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

Ray just follows along with the rest of the group. Thinking on what he has noticed in Morvruuls attitude and demeanor. He is actually thinks that Morvruul might be overly paranoid.....

When the door opens and the exile startsctge attack Ray decides to take a robot out.

[Dice magic missile full round]3d4+3[/dice] vs blue robot


Botting the roll, as Ray screw up dice expression ;) to off-load the GM

Magical missile full round: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1, 4) + 3 = 12 vs blue robot


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Seven is an old hand at shooting these robots as he lands a hit on red for 1 point of damage!

Catsial achieves an EXTREMELY convincing bluff but unfortunately his attack misses blue!

The streak of bad luck continues as Morvruul and Ryu also miss their shots!

Frøese has a particularly difficult time handling the machine gun and his shots miss!!
I believe Frøese is currently not proficient with the machine gun as it is a heavy weapon. Therefore, you take a -4 penalty to your attack rolls with it. If you somehow do have proficiency, please let me know!

Ray unleashes three bolts of force energy at the blue robot and takes it down in a spectacular display of sparks flying everywhere!!!

----------------------------------------------------

Obviously frustrated, the Exile yells something in his native language to the red robot and the red robot responds by moving up to Catsial and attempts a slam attack!

Slam vs KAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Bludgeoning Damage, Crit: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 = 12

The robot lands a mighty blow on Catsial, inflicting 12 points of damage!!

The Exile then focuses and thrusts into Catsial's psyche horrific images of people ostracizing and ridiculing you!! It is a brief but terrifying glimpse of why the Exile has left behind his own kind...

Damage: 2d10 ⇒ (4, 10) = 14

Catsial suffers 14 points of damage!
You may roll a DC14 Will save to take 7 points of damage instead.

----------------------------------------------------

Round 2
The following characters in bold may take their turn:

Seven (-1RP)
Catsial (-12SP, -14HP, -1RP, DC14 Will save to reduce spell damage)
Morvruul (-5HP, -1RP)
Ryu (-1RP)
Frøese (-1RP)
Ray (-3SP, -2RP)

Red Robot (-1HP)
Exile

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Ryu takes a full attack against the Exile.

Ghibrani Huchket Rifle: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 4 = 20 Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 4

Ghibrani Huchket Rifle: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 4 = 2 Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 3

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

"You are causing robot units to harm life forms, breaking one of the the rules of robotics. This unit will have to stop you." saying in his mono tone voice.
Seven of Eleven targets the exile.

Hunting Rifle attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage per: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Dataphiles

Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

"If you strike one us down, we will only become more powerful". Morvruul warns as he approaches and fires his pistol.

Bluff (Trick Attack): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Ranged (semi-auto pistol, tactical): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage (semi-auto pistol)(P): 1d6 ⇒ 1
Additional Damage is Trick Attack Successful): 1d4 ⇒ 4

Wayfinders

Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

Froese gives it another go, despite his lack of familiarity with his new weapon. He targets the red robot and fires.

Squad Machine Gun attack: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 4 = 1

Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 1


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Saved!

Catsial is hit really hard by the robot which makes him step back to recover. Just as he feels like getting a grasp on the reality again he is attacked again. Now by a different kind of damage. His mind is swamped with pictures and information causing mental pain.

Catsial recalls some of the techniques that he was taught to shield his mind from such attacks. As he concentrates Catsial is able to reduce some of the mental damage that the Exiles attack caused.

Kasatha know better and still pretends to be weak to fool the droid. Suddenly he makes a powerful swing with his sword

Trick attack,bluff: 1d20 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 4 = 17
Attack vs KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage, piercing: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Trick attack, damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Botting Ray who is currently enjoying himself on a lil cruise...

Rayburn Giordano wrote:

Ray just follows along with the rest of the group. Thinking on what he has noticed in Morvruuls attitude and demeanor. He is actually thinks that Morvruul might be overly paranoid.....

When the door opens and the exile startsctge attack Ray decides to take a robot out.

[Dice magic missile full round]3d4+3 vs blue robot

Ray unleashes another volley of magic missiles, this time at the Exile himself!!

magic missile full round: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) + 3 = 14


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Catsial slices through the robot in front of him and the combined fire power from the rest of the team brings the Exile down in a massive blaze of glory!!!

Combat Concluded!!!

On the Exile's body you find graphite carbonskin, an azimuth laser pistol with 1 battery (14 charges), a survival knife, and a credstick with 800 credits.

You easily access the command-center computer here with no issues. No wonder the Exile was able to learn Common and access all those old movies - there's no security on the computers here. In reviewing the computer records, you discover what happened to the outpost - the rampaging Besmaran whelp caused the colonists to flee and eventually wiped them all out. The whelp continually attacked the colony’s shipments and destroyed every last fleeing vessel.

Well guys, with the defeat of the Exile, there are no longer any threats within this outpost for you to contend with and you can explore at your leisure. I've revealed the entire outpost map and will post up descriptions of each room a bit later on. In the meantime, feel free to RP.

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

To Froese, "I thought you knew how to use that weapon."


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Catsial breathes out after all of the foes are down. He slowly removes his disguise and hiding his weapons.

Ryu Shuto wrote:
To Froese, "I thought you knew how to use that weapon."

"I think Froese thought so as well."

Catsial throws in response as he finds a quiet spot to recover. When he hears about security measures used

"No security whatsoever! AbadarCorp what a joke! How did they stay in business for so long?"

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

Morvruul races to the Exile's body in a frantic search for advanced technologies. He is soon disappointed, finding nothing more advanced than what is readily available in the Pact Worlds.

He next races to the computer system in a frantic search for advance technologies. He is soon disappointed, finding nothing more advanced than old vids and outdated banking software.

He then quickly searches files on the whelp in a frantic search for information on obtaining such a creature for his own purposes. He is soon disappointing, finding that the whelp was seemingly unique and uncontrollable.

Catsial Drun wrote:
"No security whatsoever! AbadarCorp what a joke! How did they stay in business for so long?"

"Divine intervention??" posits Morvruul. The witchwyrd sounds as deflated as a child's burst balloon.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

I've numbered the rooms on the map.

Exploring the remaining rooms, you find....

Room 3: Hydroponics
Rows of greenery line the southern and northern spaces of this fifty-foot-wide circular chamber. Curved plastic walls lead up to a transparent ceiling, partially obscured by chunks of random debris atop it but still clear enough to admit sunlight. Doors exit the area to the north and east.

Room 4: Security Center
Panels of electronics wrap around this thirty-foot-wide circular room. The steady hum of energized computers gently drones, while lights rhythmically flash on and off. Monitor screens display live images of various rooms throughout the outpost. Door exit to the west and north.

Room 5: Medical Center
A medical bed stands in the center of this room. A plastic shelving unit that curves around the southern wall of the circular chamber contains an assortment of vials and random tools. The only exit is a door to the southwest.

The shelving unit in this chamber contains four mk 1 serums of healing, two basic medkits, and four medpatches. A locked cabinet near the bottom shelf contains an advanced medkit, a spell gem of remove condition, and a spell gem of lesser restoration

Room 6: Barracks
This was the sleeping quarters of the former colonists. Now rarely used, the room is mostly empty except for some bunk-bed units and remnants of personal items from the original residents.

Room 9: Officer Quarters
This tight room contains little beyond an imposing plastic desk and an nearby chair. A single exit door leads to the northeast.

Alrighty, I'm going to pause, let the team digest the above and RP a bit more if desired.

151 to 200 of 207 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / gamplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.