[SFS - PbP Gameday VIII] 1-12 Ashes of Discovery - GM bigboom (Inactive)

Game Master bigboom

Maps & Slides


1 to 50 of 207 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Welcome and please dot in here!

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Dot


I am interested in joining this game.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

Rayburn walks into the Lorespire complex, looks around and wonders....""Ellen, did I make a mistake again on the time for the meeting?"

A sweet honeyed female voice comes from the wrist comp on his right wrist, "Correct Geo. You are over 2 hours early for the mission briefing. Why do you have me as your artificial secretary if you don't use me to tell you when to leave for the briefing?"

Walking over to one of the small cafe style tables and chairs in the entryway and pulling out a seat, Geo smiles. "I made you so that you would help me run my life. Just because I forget to ask you to set a timer doesn't mean you shouldn't take initiative."

Sounding a little sad, the voice from the wrist comp says, "You never programmed me to take initiative, just to be your glorified calendar, inbox messaging assistant, and general maintainer of your parts and supplies of your workshop."

Frowning a little, Geo looks at the wrist comp, "I didn't? Hmm, okay, after this mission I will sit down and write new code for you and then recompile your system....shouldn't take longer than a week or so. So, Ellen, please put on my schedule 'Writing and Recompiling Ellen so that she can have more autonomous control'....got that?"

The wrist comp beeps twice, "Got it Geo, and thanks."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

After thinking for a few moments on what kind of algorithms he is going to have to modify and create for Ellen, Ray shrugs and pulls out his tool kit and starts to work more on his auto-grappler idea.

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

DOT

Wayfinders

Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

.


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Seven of Eleven and Froese, usually it is a good idea to delete the dot posts straight after you post them. That will still make the game to show in your campaigns but the 'dot' posts will not clutter the gameplay.

To the lorespire complex walks a medium height Kasatha. He is wearing pants and tunic of dark red with elements of purple colors. The attire contains an emblem of a four-arm dragon holding a skull, sword, scroll and a scepter.
Catsial carries a bag on his arm. In his hand, you can see a fashionable cane in the same colors as his clothing and it matches nicely with his attire. Strapped to his back is a cylindrical container of some sort.

He uses the comms and answers:

"No I don't know where Spider is! ... If you believe that he stole the artifact from you feel free to contact the stewards. But from what I know you robbed our archeologists that had all the papers to extract what they did from that moon... We are in the process of legalizing our findings on the moon and seeling them to the highest bidder. I consider this conversation to be over!" With that he disconnects and look around. As he notices Rayburn he walks over and says:

"Good day to you! My name is Catsial Drun I work for the House Khadil as an acquisition specialist. Is the briefing happening?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

Rayburn quickly wipes his hands of any slight grease from his tinkering of the auto-grappler. "Good day Catsial Drun, my name is Rayburn Giordano, but you can call me Geo. I am an independent xenoarcheologist from Akiton that somehow fell into the clutches of the Starfinder Society. Unfortunately I think we both must have gotten the time messed up....I think we are still about an hour before it is supposed to start."

A small voice pipes up, "Correct Geo, you and Catsial are still early. I am certain that Arvin or another of the Venture Captains will come out or send a message so that they can round you up when it is time for the briefing."

"Thanks Ellen. As you see Catsial, we are a bit early. I was just tinkering with a new idea for a piece of tech that might help me with my exploration. But if you want to talk, or play a card game I am more than willing to pack up my tool kit."


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Everyone, as you all know, we officially start on Sept 9 so I cannot start the scenario briefing until that date. HOWEVER, it is perfectly fine for everyone to introduce yourselves and banter with each other.

For IC purposes, you may consider yourselves all summoned to the Lorespire Complex and are currently in a waiting room.

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

"A new 'piece of tech'?" parrots a well-dressed witchwyrd, unable to hide his interest. Two of his arms extend in a welcoming gesture as his two others subconsciously rub together. "I, a simple merchant, wouldn't know much about such things, but I am always willing to learn." Though Morvruul's eyes suggest his face holds a devious smile, the customary facial dress of his kind obscures any view of his mouth.

Hmmm. Most interesting items this one has upon him. Including an apparent AI. Morvruul quietly considers the Technomancer. I joined the Society for opportunities to coopt more advanced technology and designs. It seems as though my gambit has paid off on this mission.

Morvruul momentarily turns his gaze toward the others assembled, his eyes lingering over the kasatha in particular. Noting the other agent's sword cane, much like his own, Morvruul considers how the two are similarly armed, in addition to the similarity in arms. Yes, this one could readily serve as a body-double, should I need one. Or a scapegoat!

"Bwhaahahahahahaha!" the witchwyrd unleashes a loud, spontaneous laugh before catching himself. Regarding his composure, he extends a hand forward. "My apologies in having failed already to make introductions. I am Morvruul. I am just a simple merchant of jewels and trinkets, not certain why I was selected for this mission. But, I do hope that I have...something...to contribute."

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

An android walks in, looks at those that have assembled.
"Greetings, this unit Seven of Eleven, has been summoned for a mission. Walking over to the Venture Captains desk and he looks down at the Captain's seat. "It appears that this unit has made an error on it's travel time." Seven of Eleven walks over to an empty seat and sits down just staring at the Venture Captains desk.

Wayfinders

Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

The smell of grease and solder precedes Froese as he enters the room. He's dressed in a mechanic's jumpsuit, decorated mostly with burn marks and oil, and a stitched name tag reading "Frøese". On the back is a stencil reading "NO STEP", with a boot mark just below it.

He wipes his brow, his lashunta antennae moving calmly to scan the new environment.

Froese takes a seat, looks at the empty Venture Captain's chair, and says to the four already there, "I was afraid I was late. Years of space travel and I still can't adjust for local time."

He takes a seat and glances around in hopes of snacks.

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

"If you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late." A human says as he enters the room carrying an unusual looking rifle. "My dad told me that all the time. He said it's a saying that goes all the way back to old Golarion."

Wayfinders

Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

"Your old man sounds very wise. The lashunta have a similar saying: the early nyssholora gets the moonflower."

Froese glances back at the speaker, notices the rifle. "Nice rifle."

Dataphiles

Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

Eying the newer arrivals, Morvruul merely gives what appears to be a polite nod.

Why must I listen to these fools prattle on about "time" and old proverbs! Show me technology I could pilfer! Blueprints I could duplicate! Prototypes I could steal! The witchwyrd grows impatient, but keeps his thwarted schemes to himself.

Approaching the newcomers, he bows and says, "I could not help, but overhear your discussion. Could I, perhaps, interest one of you in a watch? I am, after all, a merchant and purveyor of fine jewelry and other trinkets."

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

"You want to to talk about setting watches already? Let's save that for when we're on the mission."


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

An attendant enters the room and gestures for you to follow him. After escorting you down a hallway, round a corner and down another hallway, he taps a button, opening a door. "Please enter for your briefing."

Entering, you see a cluster of sleek black computers resting against the far wall of the meeting room. The Starfinder Society emblem at the center of the server cluster shines and begins projecting a stream of holographic light. The light takes the form of humanoid figure bereft of any definition, standing at the end of the meeting table closest to the servers.

“Greetings, I am Guidance. I have a new assignment for you. Please observe.”

An image of Guidance has been revealed on the slides.

The projection gestures a flicking hand to its side, and a stream of data detailing an outpost made of interconnected circular chambers scrolls beside it. “One of the Pact Worlds’ most prestigious organizations recently discovered a dataset detailing the location of an outpost abandoned over two hundred years ago. The organization has requested that the Starfinder Society dispatch a team of agents to secure the site, along with any remaining equipment or data. Your team will travel to this outpost and retrieve as much information about it as possible. You should also salvage any relevant equipment, which the Society will take as part of its payment. If you have questions, now is the time to present them.”

Dataphiles

Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

Salvage equipment? Could this be a stash of valuable technology just waiting to be exploited? The witchwyrd gleefully rubs both sets of his hands together, before asking. "Just which 'prestigious organization' is it that has requested our...intervention?"

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

"What's the world like? The atmosphere? Any inhabitants?"

Wayfinders

Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

"Secure the site from what? Are we expecting somebody else to try an' make a claim? Or do you mean secure it from something already there? Or was that just protocol-speak?"


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Catsial looks at the briefing constantly thinking of the legal matter of his last purchase.

He observes the images and asks:

"Are there any information about the planet? Habitants? Are there any spaceports?"

Catsial looks at Morvruul with both interest and worry.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Addressing Morvruul, Guidance says, "The organization is AbadarCorp, the largest corporation in the Pact Worlds which also has many subsidiaries underneath it. The outpost was one of many sponsored by AbadarCorp during the post-Drift colonization rush.”

Responding to Ryu and Catsial, Guidance continues matter-of-factly, "The planet is located in near space and designated Colony-753. It consists of a standard atmosphere with low gravity. Diameter and mass is two thirds normal. Also, Colony-753 follows standard daily and yearly rotation cycles. There are no spaceports.

"Beyond the environment of the planet, it is unknown what threats may exist at the outpost. You should prepare for many possibilities, such as pirates, large predators, hostile native cultures, or supernatural events.

"There is limited data on the planet’s inhabitants, if any. As always, endeavor for a peaceful first contact, and keep the reputation of the Starfinder Society and the Pact Worlds in mind."

Guidance then replies to Frøese, "Protocol-speak. Secure the site meaning to remove any hostiles or dangers, allowing you to further investigate and acquire any remaining salvage and data. To our knowledge, there are no other entities attempting to make a claim on the outpost."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

Rayburn walks into the meeting with Guidance and listens to its briefing. Listening to his teammates questions he nods slightly. Thinking to himself he realizes that Guidance must have pulled him for his xenoarcheology experience in these matters.

"Abadarcorp. Guidance, do you have any information on why Abadarcorp gave up this colony? It seems odd that they would just abandon it. Any information on last contact with this colony or anything?"

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

"Is there any information on the type of salvage that it is?"

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

"Sounds straightforward enough. When do we leave?"

Wayfinders

Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

Froese stands. "Sounds easy. I've never been to this colony, and time's a-wasting. Let's go."

He heads toward the door, then stops. "Uh, oh yeah. How're we getting there?"


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Catsial is ready to move out. He uses his comm unit to order the 'borrowed' Solar Powered Weapon System that he got from Envar Tamm. It will finally be of use.

It will be a good chance to leave Absalom Station for some time, some of the heat will go down with regards to his last 'purchase' and he will be able to resume where he left things.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Responding to the remaining questions, Guidance states, "The exact reason for abandoning the outpost remains unknown — and part of the reason you’re all needed to investigate the site. Records indicate the outpost confirmed its arrival and establishment with the hiring organization, but since then there have been limited communications. No reports or responses have been received in over two hundred years.

"There is also no indication of the type of salvage the outpost may contain. However, we do know the outpost's structure is a prefabricated modular outpost made by Veylen Enterprises. These outpost models used to be quite common. However, the presence of unfamiliar modifications is very possible.

"For this assignment, you have been authorized use of a Drake or a Pegasus starship. Both starship frames can complete this assignment. Please consider the following advantages when making your decision: Drake frames have greater firepower, whereas Pegasus starships are equipped with advanced science labs and sensors. As always, to optimize the chances of completing the assignment, it is recommended that each Starfinder team choose a ship that covers any area of weakness. However, the final decision is based on your personal preference. Safe travels."

If there are no more questions, you may make additional equipment purchases now and slot your boons. Please indicate your slotted boons either in your character profile or on slide 3. Per the discussion thread, it appears the party has selected the Drake so I'll roll with this.

To continue on to the next scene, I need the team to decide your starship roles. You can swap around mid-combat if desired but to kick things off, I'll need to know everyone's initial roles.

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

"Is there any know defenses at the outpost?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

"That is a good question Seven of Eleven. This being a stock prefabricated modular outpost...do we have any information on this model at least the general items that were there before modification? Floor plans, usual set up of security, maybe the 'default' passcode for any door if somebody doesn't modify it?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Guidance responds to Seven, "Unfortunately, we do not have any data regarding defenses. Our best guidance (Woah ho ho! See what I did there??) is to assume there will be some lethal defenses and to proceed with caution."

If there are any further questions, go ahead and ask. We can address them retroactively but with the starship assignments sorted, I'll proceed forward...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The journey to your destination takes 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 2) = 7 days of Drift travel. As the destination planet appears on the starship’s main viewscreen, alarms suddenly blare!! A slender form emerges from the distant void, slithering from out of the planet’s shadow. It moves directly toward the starship, as if drawn to it. And it looks.... hungry?? What can one of those things possibly eat????

Image revealed in the slides. How awesome is that illustration?!?

As the science officer, Frøese (and only Frøese) may attempt a DC16 Life Science check pre-combat. However, Frøese is not trained so this is a moot point. However, while in combat, if anyone else with life science acts as science officer on any given round, then that character may attempt a life science check and also execute your usual science officer starship action for that round. If successful, read this:

Spoiler:
You identify the initial scans of the creature coming toward the ship as a spacer legend known as a Besmaran whelp. The name is a catchall title for a wildly diverse group of immense space-dwelling aliens, which scientists are still researching if they are one species or several. For the most part, Besmaran whelps have a long wormlike body, two appendages, and a narrowed tail, and they typically feed on energy—their favorite meal being the power cores of starships. Otherwise, they vary wildly in appearance. This one in particular has oddly glowing green eyes and a crystalline hide. Oddly, you also see what appears to be cybernetic implants on its head....??

Frøese, don't fret about this. Life science is not a typical skill required of a science officer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Starship Combat Initiated!!!

Round 1 initiative:
Catsial's Piloting: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Space Shark's Piloting: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Combat map has been revealed in the slides and Space Shark has won initiative! Catsial moves first and I'll move the space shark after Catsial. Everyone may declare your actions and take your rolls! A reference sheet to starship actions is linked in my posting header labelled 'Starship Actions'.

Catsial, when you move your ship, please use the green arrow to indicate your flight path. Also, if you wish to roll initiative yourself for the next round, feel free to do that as a part of your upcoming post. Otherwise, I'll roll initiative for you each round.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear
Rayburn Giordano wrote:
"That is a good question Seven of Eleven. This being a stock prefabricated modular outpost...do we have any information on this model at least the general items that were there before modification? Floor plans, usual set up of security, maybe the 'default' passcode for any door if somebody doesn't modify it?"

Due to post getting ninja'd, retroactively responding to Ray...

Guidance replies, "As the outpost was modular, tens of dozens of potential configurations are possible. Additionally, the pre-fabricated outpost itself refers to the structure only, which is constructed of an advanced, sturdy plastic polymer. The contents of the structure itself and the set up of any security will depend purely upon the purchaser's own setup and did not come standard with the outpost structure. Therefore, we are unable to provide further information regarding the outpost's contents.

"Regarding the door's default passcode, yes, we can pass this information along to you - there isn't one. Security doors did not come standard with the pre-fabricated outpost.

"May we address any further queries?"


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Catsial is frozen when seeing that beast, maybe that made his reactions so slow. He does however do some evade to make the targeting of their ship harder

evade movement: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

keeping the ship where it is, just +2 to ac

Dataphiles

Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

When Morvruul receives word that he will be handling the captain's chair, the witchwyrd can hardly contain his glee.

The foolish lot has placed me in charge of one of their best-armed vessels! I must wait for an opportunity to quietly download blueprints to a discrete device. he quietly schemes.

Upon assuming the chair, he somewhat uncomfortably places both sets of arms on the rests. Why can't they make these things more comfortable for my kind? No matter. It is now just a short period of time in which the pilfered technology will allow me to assume not only control of this vessel, but of the star-spanning Society as a whole!

"Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!" the captain erupts with laughter, which continues seemingly uncontrollably for a few moments, ceasing only once the witchwyrd stubs his elbow against the back of the chair. "Cursed furnishing!" he cries out. "You'll get yours! Some day....some day...."

Morvruul's plans to coopt the vessel and replace the seats for those his kind find more comfortable are interrupted by the warning klaxons.

"What is that thing?" he ponders aloud. "It is...MAGNIFICENT!"

As Morvruul admires the wall of teeth hurling towards the ship, imaging where he would place lasers upon it so to employ the beast in some sort of solar system wide death trap, the witchwyrd demands, "Anyone who can identify this creature, get yourself to a science station! Engineering, when we are within range, divert power to the scanners." Through a hidden grin, he adds, "I simply MUST know what sort of beast this is!"

Will use Diplomacy to try to help any Life Science check next round once someone can take Science. In the meantime...

"Prepare to broadcast a wide band signal. Perhaps, I can convince it to let us harness its might!"

During the Gunnery phase:

Morvruul attempts to convince the creature that his intentions are "peaceful". Broadcasting a message in his native language of cyrunian, he declares, "Magnificent Beast! Allow me to harness your destructive power and I will see that you are greatly rewarded! Entire star systems can be yours to devour, all provided by my multiple hands, if only you will submit and serve me as your rightful and true master!"
Bluff/Taunt to give a -2 to attacks: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Figured its worth a try...


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Catsial, I interpret the text of the Evade stunt to require some movement to be effective. Therefore, I've moved your ship token forward a single hex and adjusted the green arrow accordingly.

The space shark barrels forwards straight towards the Drake!!

I've updated the space shark's movement on the map. Everyone is free to post your actions and dice rolls.

Wayfinders

Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

I'd like to perform the Lock On action, but it requires the Enemy's countermeasure bonus. GM bigboom, can you roll that one for me? Confirm and I'll deduct a resolve point from my header.

Froese frantically turns some knobs and presses some buttons.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Frøese, the Lock On action is not available to you because it requires at least 6 ranks in computers. Being a level 1 character, you have 1 rank at most. Typically, for the science officer's first round action, simply scanning a target is most prudent as it begins to give you some information about your enemy. Knowledge is power!

In addition, no need to ask me to roll your action for you if you don't know the action's DC. Just roll the dice and add your relevant modifiers. I'll take that into account in my combat round recap post.

Everyone, just to recap. A description of how I run starship combat (as well as other logistical info) is listed in my profile page: https://paizo.com/people/GMBigboom

Wayfinders

Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

Froese scans.

Computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

Not sure if it is Seven's turn yet.

"Yes Captain, This unit will add power to scanners." Working with precision, making it look like Seven of Eleven is one with the ships compter. His hands are just a blur on the controls.

Engineering, Divert to the science equipment: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Talking to the others of the crew "Do others notice that the Captain Morvruul unit maybe unstable?"


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Apologies if my previous posts and the instructions within my GM profile were unclear. It should become clearer after a round or two. But yes, it is everyone's turn! Just need Ryu and Ray to post up their actions for this round and we're good to go!

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Gunnery Phase:
Ryu targets the great beast and fires the missile.
Gunnery: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 HE Missile: 4d8 ⇒ (5, 7, 2, 2) = 16

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

Gunnery Phase:
Since the ship is still aimed forward, Rayburn aims the coilgun at the creature.
Gunnery: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Coilgun: 4d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 4, 3) = 12

Seeing that the angle of his and the missile seems to be a bit wide, he sighs and configures his console to be science officer so he might be able to have Ellen help track the missile next shot....

Oh online RNG...how I hate you in space combat. These rolls are almost typical for me in (and only in) space combat....

Dataphiles

Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

"I did not give an order to fire?!" screams Morvruul as he spies the launched missile streak across the viewscreen, followed rapidly by another projectile. The witchwyrd's ire begins to well up, then he tries to collect himself.

Perhaps, I did come across as a little...over eager, concedes the schemer. A more, nuanced approach may be necessary.

"My fellow, Starfinders." he broadcasts over the comm system in a most saccharine voice, "I may just be a simple merchant, but I know that the Society's goals are to explore, report, and cooperate. Whenever we find a new life-form, we shouldn't simply destroy it."

"What is it that one of the Society's most venerated leaders, that-that-Fitch person...did I get that right?...is always saying? Oh, yes. When we encounter other life-forms we should exploi-, I mean, explore and make first contact." he notes.

Hopefully, the fools are buying it! muses Movruul.

When he views the results of the first attack volley from the Drake he breathes a sigh of relief. "There, there. Good, good. That is better."


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Round 1 Results

Engineering Phase:

  • Seven successfully diverts power to sensors, granting Frøese a boost to his scans!
  • Space shark's engineering action: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

    Helm Phase:

  • Catsial slows the ship down to get a read on the situation and attempts evasive maneuvers but is distracted by the sight of a massive space shark with green glowy eyes and doesn't manage to pull of he maneuvers!
  • Frøese successfully scans the shark, learning of its basic information, defenses and two weapons but the extra boost just gives you enough power to scan one more deadly weapon! Despite this information, someone with more in depth knowledge of biology is needed to learn more about what this creature actually is...
  • Space shark's piloting action: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 ; The shark twists and turns, going evasive!

    Last Space Shark Scan Results:
    Medium Starship Aberration
    Speed 10; Maneuverability good (turn 2)
    AC 13; TL 11
    HP 55/55; DT —; CT 11
    Attack (Forward) energy drain bite (special), radioactive beam (4d4)
    Attack (Port) claws (3d4)
    Power Core Besmaran Whelp Heart (150 PCU); Drift Engine none; Systems mk 2 armor;
    Expansion Bays none

    Gunnery Phase:

  • Ryu and Ray, also distracted by the amazing sight of a space shark, are thrown off as their attacks miss!
  • There is absolutely no audible response to Morvruul's broadcast. But the space shark obviously received the message as it noticeably recoils soon after the broadcast... probably reacting to the sound quality of Morvruul's voice which seems to throw the space shark off!! ; Rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 2
  • Beam Attack!: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 - 2 = 19 ; 4d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 1, 2) = 8 ; A ray radioactivity so intense that it glows green shoots straight out of it's eyes and hits the Drake for 10 points of damage!!! Power diverted to weapons boosted damage, but IC, your characters wouldn't know this.

    Cumulative Damage Dealt to Space Shark: 0
    Taunted through Round 2

    Drake Status:
    HP: 70/70
    Shields (F/P/S/A): 5/10/10/15

    Round 2 initiative:
    Catsial's Piloting: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 1 = 13
    Space Shark's Piloting: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

    The Space Shark has again won initiative! Catsial moves first and I'll move the space shark after Catsial. Everyone may declare your actions and take your rolls!

  • Dataphiles

    Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

    Still want us to hold fire, Captain?

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

    Rayburn successfully switches his console to that of a Science Officer. Ignoring Morvruul's ranting on not attacking something that has obvious hostile intent, Rayburn says,"Frøese, stay and keep doing what you need to do as the Science Officer. I will attempt to help Ryu with hitting with the missile."

    While he quickly plugs Ellen into the system, he also does a quick once over on what Frøese did with the scan.

    Life Science: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

    GM you said I could do a free Life Science with my normal action. See below of my translation on what was in the spoiler

    Ellen makes a slight beep "Geo, I have accessed the targeting system, and am helping the gunner track the creature. This hopefully will allow for a better target lock"

    "Thanks Ellen. Ryu, you should see on your system a 2nd target reticle bracketing the creature, it should help. Make this shot count!"

    Ryu, effectively roll 2 times for your missile this round. If either hits, your missile hits. This costs me 1 RP (now at 3 out of 4)

    Rayburn sighs, and continues to look at the initial scan.

    "Umm...guys, this is a Besmaran whelp...an immerse space-dwelling alien. And they FEED off of power cores of starships. Morvruul...you know...like the one WE have on this ship. Maybe it is best to kill it now and tell Fitch we are sorry for killing the big bad power core eating monster later."

    Looking a bit more into the scan...."As you noticed it shot some kind of radioactive beam attack. Not what 'I' would consider a normal Whelp, but scientists have speculated there are either different variants of this species, or the term is being placed on multiple huge organisms of similar type. Additionally, I think this ones hide is a bit different....crystalline. And it has cybernetic implants....unusual."

    Dataphiles

    Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
    Skills:
    Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14
    Ryu Shuto wrote:
    Still want us to hold fire, Captain?

    "What?" replies Morvruul, made somewhat indignant by the question. "Of course, those were my orders, were they not?"

    The witchwyrd's eyes seem to well up with excitement as Rayburn gives an initial description of the beast.

    "Agent Rayburn, you must tell me ALL that you know about this MARVELOUS WHELP!"

    Demand, Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
    +4 to Life Science check

    @ All - As a player, I am all for shooting the thing, repeatedly. Morvruul may cry mutiny, but he would not report any incident that would arouse suspicion that he was not acting within the Society's full interest.

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

    Rayburn rolls his eyes at Morvruul's attempt to goad him on.
    "Yes, oh yes, my captain" he says trying to keep the sarcasm out of his voice.

    Diplomacy to keep the sarcasm out of his voice: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

    "From what I recall, Welps can move throughout space, though they can not handle the stresses of atmosphere. If you look at the body you can see that it is well deisgned for handling the rigors of zero atmosphere and oxygen. And as I said, these things really like power cores, though some reports suggest they also eat solar winds when no cores are around. I also hear that they prefer the taste of certain races with enlarged brains....Elebrians, Kasathsas, Witchwyrds. Anything with more grey matter seems to be preferred. Maybe that is why the cybernetics are installed in this one....to control it's innate want to eat said species, and maybe be less choosy." Thinking for a second in actuality trying to come up with more BS to feed the Witchwyrd Ray then mentions, "I DID hear somebody tell me they ate one of these things once....gave the crew of 6 almost 2 months of really tasty--though slightly chewy--meat. Though I don't think that one was radioactive, or had crystals for skin...."

    bluff to feed the captains appetite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

    That last bit was what happened on one of the ones I ran...I had 2 worshippers of Urgathoa (mostly worshiping the gluttony aspect of her) at the table...a Mormalaw Envoy, and a Human Mystic. They purposely chased after it to kill it and effectively harpoon it to death and then using a day or so to slice off as much as they can....yeah...that scenario run was a bit....weird.

    Wayfinders

    Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

    Froese uses Target System to zero in on the space shark's power core.

    Computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

    1 to 50 of 207 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / gamplay All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.