[SFS - PbP Gameday VIII] 1-12 Ashes of Discovery - GM bigboom (Inactive)

Game Master bigboom

Maps & Slides


101 to 150 of 207 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

The mayor responds to Morvruul, "We no go. Too dangerous."

Answering Ray's questions, he says, "Exile can hurt with thoughts. Throw rocks with thoughts. He exiled for worshipping evil demon.

"Missing man is explorer. He go alone watch exile."

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

"Their technology level is a strong defense against the space beast. And with it gone these lifeforms can progress with other energy sources."

Seven of Eleven tries to convey what needs to be said.


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Catsial looks at the mayor and asks:

"If we will be forced to fight the Exile, should we bring him to you for trial?"

He wonders what would be their jurisdiction here on the planet. Should they follow local laws to at least some degree?


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

They mayor responds to both Seven and Catsial, "Energy source? In big city, someone work on sun power and flame throwing. His company boring. He named Melon Husk.

"Exile can bring back or no bring back. Best you no go. If go, do best thing."

Any other interactions or questions? If you're ready to move on, the party can set forth towards the outpost...

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

Rayburn will show his gratitude to the mayor in giving them the information.

Through Seven, "Would we be able to take a vehicle to close to the outpost? That way it will save us time?"


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

"Sorry. Storm. No cars can go. Must walk."

Physical Science or Engineering DC12:
You recall the storm that prevented you from landing closer to the outpost. A storm that poses a danger for a starship will pose an even greater hazard to the occupants of a primitive gasoline-powered motor vehicle - especially vehicles designed with hydraulic systems that serve to make the vehicle even more unreliable.

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

PHYSICAL SCIENCE: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

"The electrical storm that poses a danger for our starship will pose an even greater hazard to the occupants of a primitive gasoline-powered motor vehicle - especially vehicles designed with hydraulic systems that serve to make the vehicle even more unstable."
Seven of Eleven explains to Rayburn

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

"Ask if we can get a ride to the edge of the storm. It would reduce our time by a little."


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Catsial takes a bow in a Kasathan manner and thanks to the mayor.

"Walking it is then. Let's go."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

"Yeah, might as well get going."


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

The mayor arranges for cars to drive you as close as they dare to the storm, after which you disembark and continue on foot. Before you depart, however, they inform you that you're more than welcome back at their town and they'd be happy to have you stay with them as guests of the town.

It takes three hours of hiking through the electrical storm to reach the outpost's vicinity.
Everyone please roll three DC10 Fort saves. Each failed save will result in 1d4 electrical damage from the storm.

Before reaching the outpost location as communicated to you by the natives, you reach a crossing. Dilapidated circular buildings dot the landscape. A tumultuous storm rages all around, strong and fierce, without any sign of slowing down. A crumbling stone bridge crosses a broad gorge, offering a pathway directly into the heart of the turmoil. The bridge is severely damaged and is in danger of collapsing.

Map revealed! The goal is to get across the bridge and down to the lower right circular building. All the red areas are considered difficult terrain. For tracking purposes, we'll move into rounds.

For each round where you move across the bridge, a DC10 Acrobatics check is required to avoid falling off due to the high winds and unstable bridge.

In addition, at the end of your turn each round, roll a DC10 Fort save. Failure will result in 1 point of electrical damage. Moving cautiously at half speed grants a +2 bonus to Fort. Ending your turn in a circular building gives you a +5 bonus to Fort.

Round 1

The following characters in bold may act:
Ryu
Ray
Catsial
Seven
Froese
Morvruul

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
fortitude save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
fortitude save: 1d2 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

To bolts of electricity strikes Seven of Eleven.
"This units circuits seem to attract the electric storm."
Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear enough. The 3 Fortitude saves occur before you reach the current map. So aside from the 3 saves, you can now take your turn this round trying to get across the scary, unstable bridge while wind, rain and lightning are all fiercely tearing at you!

Dataphiles

Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

Morvruul, Fortitude: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Morvruul, Fortitude: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Morvruul, Fortitude: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

Morvruul had difficulty avoiding the electriv discharge of the storm.

He tries to make it across the Bridge.

Morvruul, Acrobatics: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Morvruul, Fortitude: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

The witchwyrd falls.

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Ryu trusts in his armor to fend off the worst of the storm.
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

He tries to quickly get across the bridge to find some shelter from the storm.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

3 Fortitude saves, DC10, +0 to each: 3d20 ⇒ (8, 12, 20) = 40
Electric damage, from storm: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Catsial walks through the storm taking some damage. When he looks at the bridge he begins saying:

"If we have an alloy cable we could bring it across to create a railing for the rest of us. "

As soon as he stops saying he looks at Ryu and Morvruul falling down from the bridge.

"That is another way of handling this situation."

If we have a cable Catsial will take it and pass through the bridge trying to tie it to something on the other end. If I count it well 60 ft is enough to cross the bridge using 2 move actions.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
3 Fortitude saves, DC10, +5 from being in the house: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

I rolled one on Acrobatics but 10 is still a pass right ;)

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Fort Save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Fort Save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

For some reason the lightning seems to ignore Rayburn. Maybe it is because his clothing, or maybe because he keeps an eye on the sky?

Quickly running across the bridge, he attempts to make it to the larger building.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
And Whiff....okay. Just because for all the times I have played this I have NEVER made it across (I think I am 0/3 or 0/4), I am using my shirt rereoll (+2 novas)

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 2 = 17

Fort Save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

Because his focus was on the bridge and its obvious danger of holes, a little of the static discharge from the clouds seems to get him.

"ELLEN, REMIND ME TO GET THAT AUTO-GRAPPLER MADE!!!"

If there was a repsonse from Ellen, it is lost in the wind and thunder of the lightning going all around them. He just hopes that the electricity didn't fry her circuits....

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

I thought I bought jump boots for this character, oh well, not the the sheet - I don't have it.

As Seven of Eleven makes his way across the bridge. Wind and rain batting him from one side to the other.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
fortitude save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

But he was able to keep his footing as he makes it across.

Am I able to make a grab for one of the ones falling or perhaps throw a rope for them to grab and end my turn on the bridge? How far down is it?


Botting Frøese...
Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Electric Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
On the way through the storm, Frøese sustains some injuries but manages to avoid the worst of it.

Frøese moves as quickly as he can across the bridge!
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

@Catsial, yes, rolling a 1 but getting a 10 total is still a pass! So you pretty much auto-succeed whenever standing on the bridge.

@Seven, the gorge is 20 feet down so a rope will reach. The walls of the gorge are pitted and rough, providing a lot of handholds. Throwing a rope down will, however, make it easier for those down below to climb out.

Seven & Catsial, in moving across the bridge, you realize that using cable, rope, grapplers or potentially other gear may help to stabilize the bridge.
As a standard action, a DC10 Engineering check and a reasonable description of how you stabilize the bridge along with what equipment you use to do so will grant everyone a +2 bonus to acrobatics checks when crossing the bridge.

Morvruul, ever confident, dashes across the bridge first, certain that he'll succeed. After all, this universe exists to serve him! He cannot fail! Well, until he fails!! The 20 foot fall results in 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5 points of damage!

Ryu follows Morvruul's lead. Unfortunately, he follows TOO closely and also falls, takeing 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9 points of damage!

Catsial makes it all the way across and finds shelter within the structure on the other side of the bridge!

Ray appears to fall over the edge also! In fact you all could've sworn you saw him disappear but in the blink of an eye, you see him safe and sound, still on the bridge!

Seven and Frøese also maintain their balance as they cross the bridge!!

I honestly didn't think anyone was going to fall off... I figured the check wouldn't be too rough.... But as the dice rolls proved, I've been known to be wrong!!

Round 2
The following characters in bold may act:
Ryu (-9SP)
Ray (-1SP)
Catsial (-4SP)
Seven (-8SP)
Froese (-3SP)
Morvruul (-5SP, -2HP)

@Ryu & Morvruul, climbing up the side of the gorge will require two DC12 Athletics checks. If a rope is tossed down to you, the DC drops to DC7.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

I have ran this enough times--and played--the bridge almost always get 1 person sometimes up to half the party. DC 10 doesn't sound hard, but some of us are not Dex based operatives or have tons of skill points ;-). So the bridge did what it is supposed to do...take resources and time.

Ray cries out to the heavens, [b"]I Promise to the TRIUNE I will finish my auto-grapplers!"[/b] .

With that he pulls out his titanium cord from his backpack and tosses it down the ravine.

So, move action get rope, standard to toss it down, from where I am I am guessing it is ~40 total feet of cable since it seems to be a weird slope right from where I am standing

Fort Save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20

Ray's amazing luck seems to keep him safe from the electrical arcs of electricity happening...so far.

Dataphiles

Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

Morvruul, Athletics: 1d10 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Morvruul, Athletics: 1d10 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Morvruul, Fortitude: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Morvruul remains at the bottom...and sulks...

...and suffers.

Wayfinders

Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

Froese has 50 ft of rope. He throws one end to Morvuul and cries "Grab hold!"

He looks for something nearby to use as leverage when pulling.

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Ryu has a +7 Acrobatics. The dice just hate me.
Ryu grabs hold of the rope and uses it to help him climb out of the ravine.
Athletics: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Apologies for the absence. I wasn't able to post for the past 24 hours because whenever I tried to get to the forums, the website was having issues.

Frøese & Morvruul, you forgot your Fort saves this round. I'll go ahead and roll it for you here:
Frøese Fort DC10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Morvruul Fort DC10: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Both Ray and Frøese throw rope/cords down to the two hapless Starfinders at the bottom of the gorge.

Morvruul begins to climb the rope but is zapped by the ambient static electricity in the air which distracts him, causing him to fail his first climbing attempt. But on his second go, he manages to make it up 15'!
Morvruul, your second climb attempt succeeds. You were 20' down so you have 5' left to go. I've moved your token accordingly. In the next round, please go ahead and make another climb check (or two) to advance that last little bit!

Ryu, aided by the rope makes it out of the gorge!
With a +7, you auto-succeed both of your athletics climb checks. I've moved your token accordingly

Round 2
The following characters in bold may act:
Ryu (-9SP)
Ray (-1SP)
Catsial (-4SP)
Seven (-8SP)

Froese (-3SP)
Morvruul (-5SP, -3HP)[/b]

Note: A DC10 Fort save is required from everyone each round to avoid 1 point of electrical damage from the storm. Moving at half speed grants a +2 bonus to this save. Being in a circular structure grants a +5 bonus to this save.

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

Seven of Eleven moves forward staying with in the protection of the building And looking out for other dangers.

Double move, I assume if I step out I loose the protection of the building

fortitude save: 1d20 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 5 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Catsial waits for his allies to reach the safety of the building looking around for any more hazards on their way.

Fortitude, building, half-speed: 1d20 + 0 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 0 + 5 + 2 = 16


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Correct. Stepping out of the circular structure will result in the loss of protection from the circular structure.

Seven and Catsial remain in the structure, keeping an eye out for any other potential new hazards.

Narrator voice: Dear viewers, will Morvruul reach the top to safety? Or with 5 feet left to the top of the gorge, will he plunge down into the depths towards certain doom? Tune in next time and find out, when we return for Round 3!!

Round 3
The following characters in bold may act:
Ryu (-9SP)
Ray (-1SP)
Catsial (-4SP)
Seven (-8SP)
Froese (-3SP)
Morvruul (-5SP, -3HP)

Note: A DC10 Fort save is required from everyone each round to avoid 1 point of electrical damage from the storm. Moving at half speed grants a +2 bonus to this save. Being in a circular structure grants a +5 bonus to this save.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

Athletics to assist Morvruul to get up the rope: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Morvruul give yourself a +2 to get up the rope!

Rayburn stays out in the mess, slowly helping to pull Morvruul up.

Fortitude because staying out in the mess: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

Because the titanium line conducts electricity, the electrical discharges grounds out in him.....

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Ryu makes it into building for whatever shelter it can provide.

Fort: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14 move slowly.

Dataphiles

Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

Athletics, Aid: 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 0 + 2 = 16

With hand-over-hand-over-hand-over-fist, Morvruul finally manages to remove himself from the ravine. Having made his way back up, he quickly heads for the protection of the building, looking for a place to momentarily recover from the fall.

Fort save, building: 1d20 - 1 + 5 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 5 = 5

Feeling another surge of electricity pulse through his body. Morvruul mutters a muffled murmur into his mask.


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

In the middle of our building there is something that looks like a slope, how can we move through this? Do I assume correctly that Catsial can ignore the red difficult terrain as he has: https://starfinder.dragonlash.com/races/kasathas/desert-stride/ ?

Catsial seeing no other difficulties begins his travel towards the next building.

Fort save: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Morvruul manages to avoid death by gorge, climbing out with the help of his fellow Starfinders!!

Catsial, I would treat those slopes as just normal terrain, nothing special. Andyes, desert strike would ignore that difficult terrain. However, seeing as the risk of any real danger has passed, I'm going to fast forward with just a couple more rounds of Fort saves, giving everyone the benefit of slow movement and building bonuses.

Round 3 Fort Saves
Seven: Fort: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 + 5 = 20
Frøese: Fort: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 5 = 11

Round 4 Fort Saves
Ryu: Fort: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 + 5 = 23
Ray: Fort: 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 5 = 24
Catsial: Fort: 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 5 = 12
Seven: Fort: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 + 5 = 29
Frøese: Fort: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 + 5 = 25
Morvruul: Fort: 1d20 - 1 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (8) - 1 + 2 + 5 = 14

Round 5 Fort Saves
Ryu: Fort: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 + 5 = 23
Ray: Fort: 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 5 = 8
Catsial: Fort: 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 5 = 14
Seven: Fort: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 + 5 = 14
Frøese: Fort: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 + 5 = 24
Morvruul: Fort: 1d20 - 1 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (17) - 1 + 2 + 5 = 23

Final stats:
Ryu (-9SP)
Ray (-3SP)
Catsial (-4SP)
Seven (-8SP)
Froese (-3SP)
Morvruul (-5SP, -4HP)

After a short time, the storm seems to subside to the point where any real danger has passed. In the last structure, you find a satchel containing a trailblazer fusion seal (4th), a mk 1 ring of resistance, and a stash of gems worth 750 credits.

You may go ahead and take a 10 min rest and apply any other healing.

----------------------------------------------------

The party continues on to the outpost. You find the ceilings of the circular structures are 20 feet high, while the connecting corridors’ ceilings are 15 feet high. The rooms and corridors are prefabricated structures built using a sturdy plastic material.

You enter into the first chamber and find debris littering the floor of this otherwise empty chamber. The floor paneling has been ripped up in several areas, revealing the same ground as the exterior. The door to the west sits halfway open, leading outside. The doors to the north and south remain securely closed.

Map has been revealed. Note that north is to the left. How would you like to proceed?

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

Rayburn looks over everybody. Seeing Morvruul looking a lot worse for wear..."Hey, Morvruul....want a serum of healing? I can let you have one if you need one."

I am going to keep my RP and not use it for only 3 SP loss....mainly because I burned a lot back on the ship and I want 2 to stabilize and get conscious if needed.

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Ryu takes a rest.

Dataphiles

Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14
Rayburn Giordano wrote:
Rayburn looks over everybody. Seeing Morvruul looking a lot worse for wear..."Hey, Morvruul....want a serum of healing? I can let you have one if you need one."

"I...suppose... it couldn't hurt." the wounded witchwyrd responds, eyeing the human with suspicion. Knowing that I am weakened from the storm, is this two-armed bandit looking to eliminate me and take control of this expedition for himself?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Unsure of the other agent's motives, the "merchant" attempts to feign administering the serum, then slip the "empty" vial into one of his pockets.
Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

He then rests.
Using Promotional Recordkeeper boon instead of RP

Guess, we'll all see if Morvruul's paranoia is his undoing. : )

Once he feels his strength has returned, Morvruul scans the room.
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Not seeing any immediate threats, he glances at the two doors ahead of them. Using his keen, witchwyrd senses to determine which door to approach first...
1 north, 2 south: 1d2 ⇒ 1

...he confidently declares, "We head northward!"

Leading the charge through the empty room to the door, Morvruul inspects it for traps and then attempts to open it.
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

Ray smiles a little as Morvruul takes the serum and uses it.

Doesn't roll Sense Motive...he assumes that it was used. And the serum will be considered used (i.e. marked off my chronicle sheet)

"Good. Hope you feel better after that and the breather took. That was a decently bad fall out there, with the wind pushing you into the wall as you fell...and the electrical storm was no joke. Remember, being a Starfinder is all about helping each other survive. Luwazi and Fitch's views actually seems to be rubbing off on me.... "

With that, he smiles again at Morvruul, pats him on his shoulder, then looks over the rest of his companions, making certain they are all able to continue with the trek into this compound.

"Ellen, begin recording based off of some of the items I plan on using, video, audio and all that."

"Gotcha boss. Recordings are a go. Also, I did record your prayer to the Triune. I hope you don't break that prayer....", with Ellen's voice sounding slightly smug at the end of that comment.

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14
Rayburn Giordano wrote:

"Good. Hope you feel better after that and the breather took. That was a decently bad fall out there, with the wind pushing you into the wall as you fell...and the electrical storm was no joke. Remember, being a Starfinder is all about helping each other survive. Luwazi and Fitch's views actually seems to be rubbing off on me.... "

With that, he smiles again at Morvruul, pats him on his shoulder

Morvruul winces with pain as the human's hand meets his shoulder, the result of some of his wounds having not yet fully healed.

So, this Rayburn is looking to "rub me out", eh? Morvruul ponders. He did an excellent job of concealing his surprise at my not suddenly dropping dead from "using" his "serum".

As a player, I very much appreciate the offer of the serum, even if my PC does not. Don't cross it off just yet. I will make sure you get it back if Morvruul fails to use it.

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

Seven of Eleven Spends 10 min. allowing his body repair the minor damage it has taken.

He spends 1 rp to heal up

Wayfinders

Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

Froese takes a rest.

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Ryu readies his gun as the others look about.


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Catsial looks at the interaction between Morvruul and Ray as he sits on the ground and takes a rest.

Burning 1 RP to regain some of the goodies back.

As they enter the building Catsial twist his cane and unsheathes the blade hidden there. In his second hand materialize a pistol which he reloads.

With his remaining two hands he removes the cylindrical-shaped container that he carried on his back which he also reloads and unblocks. The container change into a sniper rifle.

"That should be enough of weapons for now." Says Kasathian carrying a sword, pistol, and a sniper rifle.

Eat this, two armed races :P

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

Ray sees Catsial go a little crazy with the guns. He smiles and nods, then pulls out his static arc pistol. "Yeah, right. Better make sure we are armed and ready for a fight.'

I have seen a Skittermander do that...they are more impressive...an extra set of arms helps...2 extra sets is better. I SO need to figure out what I want to do with my skittermander boon...


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Updated stats after the short rests prior to entering the outpost:
Ryu (-1RP)
Ray (-3SP, -2RP)
Catsial (-1RP)
Seven (-1RP)
Froese (-1RP)
Morvruul (-4HP)

----------------------------------------------------

Once inside the outpost, Morvruul looks around, spots nothing, and moves to the northern door. Examining the door, Morvruul again sees nothing unusual. Spotting a security panel next to the door, Morvruul immediately gets to work on it in an attempt to unlock the door. Unfortunately, the door proves too tricky and Morvruul's attempt fails...

1d6 ⇒ 2

Suddenly a panel along the eastern wall slides open, revealing a hidden laser turret which opens fire at Ray!
Laser vs EAC: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Fire damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 1) = 9

Luckily for Ray, the turret's shot is far, far off target!! The panel slides back into place, leaving the turret hidden once again.
Laser turret token placed on the map to indicate its location.

A second after the laser turret fires, static crackles as an intercom pops to life. A voice reverberates from the walls. "Hey losers!!! Git outta 'ere!! Yer in MY house now!!! Beat it! Scram! Va-moose, ya understand?? If ya don't hit the road right now, youse gunna regret it!! This is your first and final warning, y'see??"

Dataphiles

Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

"It would appear that this door is impassable." Morvruul declares, pointing to the door at the north.

When the laser suddenly opens fire, Morvruul begins to Panic, but is quickly relieved when he discovers that Ray was the target.

Perhaps, this Mysterious Voice will do me a favor, musea Morvruul. Eliminaring the troublesome human, thereby allowing me to take his remarkable AI tech for myself!

"Bwahahahahahahahaha!" The witchwyrd erupts with laughter for a few moments, then recollects his composure. "I am just a simple merchant, but it appears to me that our presence here has been discovered."

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

"Greetings speaker please hold your fire, We are Path..I mean Starfinders in search of the one know as the exile. Are you the unit named exile that we seek?" Seven of Eleven moves so that the unstable captain is between the laser and Seven of Eleven.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

Ray quickly runs up to where the turret was, pulling out his hacking and engineering kit. He won't stand by while others might get shot.

Engineering or Computers which ever is needed, using Computers (+7), if Engineering was needed add +1 more: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Over his comms,"I am fine...keep the exile distracted while I hack this turret so it won't shoot again...."

Wayfinders

Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

Froese assists Ray. Computers and Engineering modifiers are the same, so either way I roll:

Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Catsial aimed his sniper rifle when the turret showed itself but didn't manage to respond quick enough before it disappeared.

Now being prepared he aims his rifle at where the automatic defense was present. Kasatha hopes that Ray will be able to disable the gun before it shots again.

readied attack is the turret shows up

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

Ryu puts his back to a wall and readies his gun. "Can we see about getting one of these doors opened? I'd really like to finish this mission and get back home."

101 to 150 of 207 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / gamplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.