[SFS - PbP Gameday VIII] 1-12 Ashes of Discovery - GM bigboom (Inactive)

Game Master bigboom

Maps & Slides


51 to 100 of 207 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

"Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

pilot, evade: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 = 12

Catsial looks at the whelp and decides to fly around it knowing very well that only turret will be shot with.

He quickly offers a prayer to Besmara to protect them

Dataphiles

Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

"This unit will attempt to repair the shields." says Seven of Eleven in his mono tone voice.
Engineering, Divert to Repair the shields: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

"Shield generators are not responding. This unit with attempt to bypass. Please stand by."

Dataphiles

Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

Morvruul considers Rayburn's words.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

"Well done, Rayburn." replies the witchwyrd. "You have served me most excellently. How do you suggest that we render the whelp inactive so that we can capture it--for first contact purposes, that is?"

Morvruul then turns to speak to the gunners. "You would do well to listen to agent Rayburn, if you know what is good for you."

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

"OK then. Rayburn, are we doing this hard or are we doing this easy?"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

"Well...Morvruul did say how to render it inactive...I think a High Explosive Missile in its face would definitely start that ball a'rolling....don't you agree Ryu", Rayburn smirks as he says that to him.


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Engineering action: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Piloting action: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

The space shark twists and turns, making tight maneuvers - tighter than what you think would be possible for such a large, lumbering space creature!

It's movements have resulted in it pulling up alongside the Drake, its starboard side facing the Drake's port side!

The whelp has moved and used its engineering and piloting actions. Those two actions won't be rolled again in the round recap.

Dataphiles

Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

"As you command." Ryu targets the whelp and hits the fire button.

Gunnery: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9 HE Missile: 4d8 ⇒ (6, 4, 4, 6) = 20

The dice roller hates me.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

Ryu, roll 2 times....my action gave you 2 rolls for it to hit


Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

Botting Ryu's gunnery re-roll in-line below.

Round 2 Results

Engineering Phase:

  • Seven just barely manages to divert enough power to shields, restoring 6 points! (11/10/10/15)
  • Space shark's engineering action already taken

    Helm Phase:

  • Catsial attempts to go evasive but his prayer to Besmara seems to have gone to the Besmaran Whelp instead!!
  • Frøese successfully targets the poor whelp's beating heart...
  • space shark's science action: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

    Last Space Shark Scan Results:
    Medium Starship Aberration
    Speed 10; Maneuverability good (turn 2)
    AC 13; TL 11
    HP 55/55; DT —; CT 11
    Attack (Forward) energy drain bite (special), radioactive beam (4d4)
    Attack (Port) claws (3d4)
    Power Core Besmaran Whelp Heart (150 PCU); Drift Engine none; Systems mk 2 armor;
    Expansion Bays none

    Gunnery Phase:

  • Ryu's re-roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Catching sight of Ray's targeting reticle, Ryu manages to land a hit for 20 points of damage!
  • 1d100 ⇒ 59 ; The magnificent space shark writhes in pain as the missile explosion obviously causes some serious wounds! Blood flies through the void in round, red globules while bits of flesh are flung every which way!!! Oh the horror of it all!!!!
  • Claw Attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 2 = 15 ; 3d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 2) = 7 ; The space shark's claw hits the Drake for 7 points but doesn't penetrate the shields!

    Cumulative Damage Dealt to Space Shark: 20
    Taunted through Round 2

    Drake Status:
    HP: 70/70
    Shields (F/P/S/A): 11/3/10/15

    Round 3 initiative:
    Catsial's Piloting: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15
    Space Shark's Piloting: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 11 - 2 = 12

    This time Castial manages to out-maneuver the shark!!! I've moved the Besmaran Whelp. Everyone may declare your actions and take your rolls!

  • Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

    Ellens small voice comes out of the datapad attached to Rayburn's console. "Geo, shall I continue to help Ryu?"

    Rayburn looks over to Ryu, seeing that there is just 3 more missiles, and that while the Whelp looks hurt, it also looks more than slightly pissed. Ray wonders if it's resolve is stronger than theirs....

    "Do it Ellen. Target that overgrown minnow."

    "On it Geo. Ryu, the targeting computer has superimosed on the Whelp a 2nd reticle. Use that to help with compensation of the creatures movement vs. our movement."

    [Geo's Pseudo-Science officer Phase]

    Rayburn uses a 2nd (out of 4) resolve to give Ryu 2 rolls on the Missile launcher.

    With that done, Ray wipes the beads of sweat off of his forehead....he has yet to really get the feeling of excitement fighting in space. It mostly is dread.

    Dataphiles

    Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
    Skills:
    Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

    "Ryu, I fear that using full-strength missiles are likely to render our new pet a little too 'inactive'." declares Morvruul. "Perhaps, if you were to target more the more readily repaired, mechanical parts, and less the softer, squishier parts..."

    Diplomacy (Encourage Gunnery)(DC 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
    +2 to Gunnery actions by Ryu this round.

    Wayfinders

    Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

    Froese again uses Target System to focus firepower on the space shark's "engine" system (or the cybernetic equivalent, anyway).

    Computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

    Dataphiles

    Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

    "Shields failing, this unit with divert power from non-essential equipment to compensate." Seven of Eleven says in his mono tone voice.

    Engineering, Divert to Repair the shields: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


    "Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    The pilot smiles when the whelp attacks them, knowing well that he now have a better position to outmaneuver the beast

    "Hold on agents it will be a tight turn!"

    Piloting, increase maneuverability, DC18: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15

    Kasathan hands are all over the console but the ship is to bulky to responds quickly enough to what he wanted, leaving them in not that favorable position

    "Besmara, still hadn't decided who should be the winner of this battle. Do the best that you can!"

    Dataphiles

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

    Sorry. Yesterday was unexpectedly hectic.

    Ryu nods at both Rayburn and Morvuul as they speak to him. He takes aim and fires.

    Gunnery: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24 or Gunnery: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23
    Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (6, 1, 7, 3) = 17


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    A bit short on time today, so will keep this one brief...

    Round 3 Results

    Engineering Phase:

  • Seven restores most of the port shields! (11/9/10/15)
  • Space Shark's Engineering action: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 2 = 22

    Helm Phase:

  • Frøese successfully targets the poor whelp's beating heart... again.
  • space shark's science action: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
  • Space shark's piloting action: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 ; The shark twists and turns, going evasive!

    Last Space Shark Scan Results:
    Medium Starship Aberration
    Speed 10; Maneuverability good (turn 2)
    AC 13; TL 11
    HP 55/55; DT —; CT 11
    Attack (Forward) energy drain bite (special), radioactive beam (4d4)
    Attack (Port) claws (3d4)
    Power Core Besmaran Whelp Heart (150 PCU); Drift Engine none; Systems mk 2 armor;
    Expansion Bays none

    Gunnery Phase:

  • Ryu's attack hits the space shark for 17 points!
  • 1d100 ⇒ 5 ; 1d100 ⇒ 31 ; The shark has taken severe wounds and it's previously aggressive stance now looks decidedly less aggressive!
  • No attack from ths shark this turn!

    Cumulative Damage Dealt to Space Shark: 37

    Drake Status:
    HP: 70/70
    Shields (F/P/S/A): 11/9/10/15

    Round 4 initiative:
    Catsial's Piloting: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 1 = 17
    Space Shark's Piloting: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 4 = 20

    The shark has won initiative! Castial moves first, then the shark. Everyone may declare your actions and take your rolls!

  • Dataphiles

    Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
    Skills:
    Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

    "Yes! Yes! See, the beast has not attacked!" declares Morvruul with glee. "Surely, it has come to recognize its new master--er, masters."

    "Helm!" the witchwyrd commands, "bring us along side the beast so that we can prepare to yoke it!"

    Intimidate to Demand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
    +4 to next Piloting roll.


    "Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    Catsial focuses on taking a rather big turn hoping to anticipate where the whelp will be. He does few evade maneuvers

    Piloting, evade Dc13: 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 + 4 = 29

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

    Sorry about not posting earlier...been an absolutely horrible day.

    Rayburn configures his console back to a gunner console.

    I can't do either this round, even if I stay in science officer, as I won't spend another RP...only have 2 left so going to 1 would hurt. And we are not in any arc for the forward or aft weapon.


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    Space Shark's Engineering action: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 4 = 15

    With a burst of extra speed, the severely wounded space shark flees!

    Shark has moved!

    Dataphiles

    Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

    Ryu sends another missile after the space shark to make sure it keeps running.

    Gunnery: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (6, 3, 3, 4) = 16


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    Gunnery: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
    Gunnery: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

    Alrighty, I'm gonna call it here as there's no way you'll lose this battle. The two rolls above represent the missile attempting to stay locked onto the shark over the next couple rounds while the shark flees...

    As the shark flies away at top speed, Ryu's missile pursues it like a bloodhound hot on the trail of a scent!! Moment's later, in the distance, you see the missile detonate in a flash of light! As you pull in closer to the point of detonation, there are blood, guts, and space shark organs strewn all about, slowly floating off into the depths of space....

    Starship Combat Concluded!!!

    I'll advance to the next scene down below, but feel free to post up any comments or actions you want to take post-Space Shark combat and we can apply that retroactively...

    As you approach the planet in your starship, you notice a dangerous electrical storm surrounding the outpost which also interferes with your ship’s sensors. The storm’s erratic movements and intensity make it too dangerous to land within the storm itself. To continue with your mission, you must land several miles away and approach the site on foot.

    After landing, you make your way to the coordinates provided for the abandoned outpost. As you travel toward the outpost, you come across a small village of the planet’s inhabitants. They are a simian species with a prehensile tail. The village is small, with just under 40 basic structures. From what you can tell, the locals’ technological level is below the norm in the Pact Worlds, but you do spot some basic gas-powered vehicles.

    As you pass by the village, two precocious adolescents approach. They try to communicate via hand gestures and other nonverbal clues...

    Dataphiles

    Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

    Ryu tries to communicate with the aliens.

    Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
    He tries to communicate that they have peaceful intentions. That they have come from the stars and wish to investigate the outpost.

    Wayfinders

    Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

    Froese scans the immediate area, concerned that these two aliens may be decoys with more of them hiding nearby, poised to attack.

    Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

    Dataphiles

    Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

    Seven watch the two lifeforms and quickly tries to understand their language. And he also tries to communicate that they have peaceful intentions.
    Culture: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


    "Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    Catsial sighs in relief after the space battle is over. He follows the team when they walk towards the village.

    He observes with interest the aliens raising in front of him opened hands in a gesture of peace. He pulls out the travel for rations, mimicking beinging them to a scarf covering hours face and making a move of hours face easing. Then he offer the food to the aliens.

    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    Frøese, looking around with sharp senses, spots a variety of the locals around, watching on in interest. However, you see none that are hidden and none poised to attack. You do spot some with projectile weapons but those carrying weapons do not appear overtly hostile and are watching on with the same curious interest as other non-armed onlookers.

    Ryu is not quite able to establish any kind of common understanding as they don't quite understand the meaning of what you're trying to convey.

    Seven's gestures, however, are starting to make an impact and you get the feeling they're beginning to understand simple, basic ideas.

    Through Seven, the entire party is able to convey simple ideas such as names and such. What would the party like to say aside from the couple items mentioned by Ryu?

    The simians appear happy upon finding out that Ryu is signalling peaceful intentions and they look quite impressed when they understand you've come from outer space. They seem to ignore your mention of the outpost.

    They continue hand gesture and signals at you as well as speaking to each other in their native language.

    Sense Motive DC12:
    You figure out that they're asking "Who are you?" and "Do you know what happened to the space creature?"

    They also smile at Catsial's offer of food, seem to politely decline but also gesture with a 'come follow us' arm motion.

    Dataphiles

    Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
    Skills:
    Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

    Then...

    As the explosion tears into the whelp and its gore and far-flung remains fill up the viewscreen, Movruul begins to breath heavily through the cover of his mouth. Whether out of disbelief that the creature is gone or simply anger at seeing his orders failing to come to fruition, the armored witchwyrd slowly rises from his chair, knocks over his beverage, and stumbles forward towards the viewscreen. His footsteps unstable and wooden, he throws his head backward and cries, "NOOOOooooooo!"

    Less then...but not quite now...

    Forced to land away from the outpost due to the storm, Morvruul checks the seals of his armor before departing, but all the while keeps an eye on Ryu.

    The human destroyed the creature on purpose! I just know it. The witchwyrd continues to replay the prior events above the planet. Did he suspect my plans for the creature? Could he have surmised my true intentions in joining the Society? This certainly warrants further investigation. Morvruul continues to glare at Ryu as they party walks across the alien landscape. He is, thus, preoccupied when the natives appear and pays them little attention at first.

    Now...

    Morvruul, having now noticed a bit of exchange between the party and the natives, considers the native's apparent receptivity and curiosity.
    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

    Hmmmmm. There may be an opportunity here! Morvruul concludes.

    "We do, indeed, know the fate of the space creature. Furthermore, we control it!" he declares, raising a fist within the air. "If you want to know where the creature is or where it will be next, then you will tell us all you know of the outpost that is currently covered by the storm!"

    Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

    Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

    "I could cast comprehend languages on myself, though that would only allow us to know exactly what they were saying. Ryu seems to have a simple grasp on the basics though. If everybody thinks it is better for me to be able to fully understand them I am willing to do so."

    "Ryu, do you think you can ask if they knew what the Besmaran Whelp was? I don't think it could come down to the surface, but I figure they might have had some kind of way to see it if it came down into the upper atmosphere. That thing would likely almost look like a moon to them."

    I am willing to use Comprehend Languages, though it might not be necessary since Ryu did so well. Also, sorry for not posting, been trying to recover from Friday (long and short...I deal with freshmen college students, and in a chemistry lab. Yeah...iodine going everywhere was not an enjoyable few hours of cleaning....

    Wayfinders

    Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

    Froese tells the little aliens his name.

    To the rest of his party, he says "They seem to want us to follow them, and they seem harmless enough. They've probably lived here for centuries, and have likely come upon the outpost, even if they don't recognise it as an outpost."

    Dataphiles

    Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

    Seven is the one that did well.


    "Catsial Drun" Male CG kasatha space pirate operative 2 | HP 16/16 SP 12/12 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    Catsial looks at Morvruul enjoying in his spirit the gambit made. He decides to stay quiet for the time being and observe how the situation develops.

    "Ray, keep it for now. We might need it later."

    iodine, ouch. I don't envy you.

    Dataphiles

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

    Seven tries to understand what the creatures want
    Sense motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

    "This unit has deciphered, through their limited form of communication, that the creatures wish to begin a matting ritual with Captain Movruul."

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

    Ray sees that Seven has it decently on their translation. Though he does chuckle a little on Seven's last comment.

    "Let us go see the rest of these people clan. Maybe we can find a way to talk to their elders better, so we can find out what they know about the Abadarcorp base."


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    Upon trying to understand Morvruul's declaration, the simians appear confused as they speak to each other. They turn back to Seven and make various montions. Seven discerns their gestures to mean: 'You control space creature fat? Why?'

    Morvruul's intended message obviously gets lost in translation when attempting to communicate via body language only. But it is also obvious that the inhabitants fully believe Morvruul has full control of the space creature's fat! They also continue to ignore any references to the outpost...

    In response to Ray's query about what the whelp actually is, the simians use their fingers to place pretend 'horns' up on their heads and they display a ferocious look on their face while pretending to growl. Seven interprets this to mean that they believe the whelp is some kind of crazy demon.

    Seeing Frøese point to himself and saying 'Frøese', the two adolescent simians seem to get the picture and point to themselves one saying 'Hanae' and another saying 'Willow.'

    They continue to wave the party on to follow, which Seven interprets as a sensual 'come hither' wave towards Morvruul....

    ----------------------------------------------------

    Seven of Eleven wrote:

    Seven tries to understand what the creatures want

    [dice=Sense motive]1d20-1

    "This unit has deciphered, through their limited form of communication, that the creatures wish to begin a matting ritual with Captain Movruul."

    Oboy! The entire party has GOTTA believe Seven.... right???

    Dataphiles

    Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
    Skills:
    Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14
    Seven of Eleven wrote:
    "This unit has deciphered, through their limited form of communication, that the creatures wish to begin a matting ritual with Captain Movruul."

    The witchwyrd considers the android's words as well what he knows of the original of the kasatha and shobhad races.

    "I shouldn't be surprised that such primitives would wish to obtain some of my superior genetic material to add to that of their own ." notes Morvruul as if it were a matter of fact. "Still, we could use this information as yet another bargaining chip in our locating and exploiting the Abadaran outpost. Bwahahahahahahahaha!"

    "Seven!" Morvruul demands. "Tell that natives that all this..." the witchwyrd motions somewhat suggestively with his multiple hands over the entirety of his body, "is OFF LIMITS until we have acquired the technology that I have come here to take!"

    Wayfinders

    Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

    Froese subtly facepalms, then turns his attention to Hanae and Willow.

    He repeats their names, and slowly moves toward them.

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

    Rayburn looks at the two younglings and points at them each in turn. Speaking, "Hanae", then "Willow". Finally pointing at himself and says "Ray". Ray then turns to each of his allies and points to them and says their name in turn.

    With that done, he looks around to see about what technological items that this new race has gotten to...realizing that this might as well be a first contact situation.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    Morvruul, please roll a Diplomacy or whatever you deem appropriate for making an impression with that overblown, narcissistic ego! With each "major" interaction, I'm asking for a roll as they matter.

    Commmunicating through gestures, Seven conveys Morvruul's message as best he can. It involves hand stroking motions and hip thrusts and lots of pointing at Hanae, then drawing a picture of the outpost in the dirt.

    The look on Hanae's face changes instantly as he clasps his hands together and says something to Willow. Like Froese previously, Willow now facepalms. It appears that face-palming is a near-universal gesture that transcends various cultures.

    Hanae makes some gestures at Morvruul which Seven interprets as, "You desire please me at structure? You brave!"

    Seven, feel free to elaborate further on your "translations" if you wish...

    Sense Motive DC10:
    You get the sense that 'relations' at the outpost is considered forbidden and that such a proposition would be risqué, taboo and (for Hanae anyways) particularly exciting.

    Listening to Ray, Willow repeats each individual's names. Hanae, however, doesn't pay attention and just stares admiringly at Morvruul.

    Ray, in examining what technology they have, you see gasoline-powered cars. Some carry projectile firearms. The structures in their village off in the distance is probably concrete. A lot of the folks are holding up a primitive-looking rectangular device made of, you think, glass and plastic. Perhaps they're video recording?

    Soon, Hanae and Willow begin tapping on their rectangular devices, which apparently has a touchscreen. They seem to be communicating with someone which you find oddly primitive. Are they communicating via typing on an electronic device? But they don't have voice communications? How backward!

    A few minutes later, two more adolescents pull up in cars with no tops, loud, beat heavy music and the cars seem to have some kind of hydraulic system that makes the car hop. You're unable to discern any utility out of this hopping function aside from causing wear and tear on their vehicles much more quickly than normal.

    They beckon the party to board the cars and ride into town.

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

    Rayburn looks to Morvruul, attempting to keep a smile off his face. "I agree on that...you should not have relations until AFTER the mission is complete. Maybe after we get the information we came for, we can stay a day at their village. Then you can have any relations you want. I wouldn't mind looking at the technology a bit further, and maybe spending time talking to the population, spending a day casting comprehend languages to maybe work on a basic translation program."

    Rayburn goes to the vehicle to look at the tech.
    Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 As an xenoarcheologist I get a -5 to DC to identify alien tech, and +1 to any engineering roll to identify an item (from Arcanamirium Sage)...so this should be interesting

    Rayburn seems to know how this vehicle works, and sees that it is missing something. He goes on with Hanae on how he needs a 'spoiler'
    on his vehicle--and explaining the reason for the need on it--and that it needs more red paint, maybe even flames coming off the front. As of course red vehicles go fasta. Warhammer 40k Ork joke....sorry

    Diplomacy talking about cars: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

    Dataphiles

    Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

    "Are we getting in or going directly to the outpost?"

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

    "I still think we should ask the Elders about the outpost. It can't be too far from here, and these people have to have some knowledge of it. We should at least ask, as they might have some kind of 'finders' claim on it. As archaeologists, we all know that those kind of claims can cause a lot of legal issues later down the road. Best to at least get their permission to be on the land."

    Dataphiles

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
    Skills:
    Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14

    Diplomacy: 1d10 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

    Morvruul tries to assure the native through feature that he "has the goods", but will not share them until he has what he has demanded.

    The "merchant" then witchsplains to the rest of the party, "Forbidden fruit is the kind always the most after.". He then adds, with a sigh, "Oh, the burdens of being both physically and mentally superior to all other life-forms."

    Fruitlessly, trying to derive sensor purpose from the kinetic modifications to the vehicles, Morvruul, nevertheless, decides to board one, albeit reluctantly.

    Dataphiles

    Android: Dataphiles Mechanic / 2 Sta 13 / 13 HP 19 / 19 RP 5/4 EAC 16, KAC 18, AC vs. CM 26, Init +2, Fort +3, Ref +5, Wil +1; PERCEPTION +6

    Culture: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
    Seven gets his copy of Star Sugar Hartlove and plays a song for them to see if they like it. And tries to convey a message

    "Those transport vehicles seem to have stabilization issues, This unit can fix them if need be."
    ENGINEERING: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

    Dataphiles

    Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

    Ryu follows their lead and gets in the car.

    Wayfinders

    Male LG damaya lashunta spacefarer mechanic 1 | SP 7/7 HP 10/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 13 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | At will: daze, psychokinetic hand 1/day: detect thoughts | Active conditions: None.

    Froese gives Hanae and Willow two-thumbs up, hoping it translates, and hops into the car, riding partly on the boot, with his legs in the backseat.


    Starship Actions ; Ashes of Discovery ; Reclaiming the Time-Lost Tear

    Yikes! Apologies for the horrible grammar in my previous post. I was piecing it together throughout the day with what little time I had during work breaks.

    Ray's examination of the vehicles find that they're powered by gasoline-burning engines, are highly inefficient, releases a surprisingly large amount of toxins and generally deserve low marks in every practical way. But these adolescents sure seem to love their cars!!

    Somehow, Ray is able to strike a surprisingly meaningful exchange with the teens despite not speaking the same language. You both, apparently, speak the language of motorhead! They respond to your proposal of a spoiler as being a great idea while disagreeing on the point about flames. Painted flames, they posit, will do nothing but racing stripes.... now THAT will up their speed! And yes, red stripes are even betta!!

    Hanae, flush with the promise of furthering 'first contact' with Morvruul quickly urges him into one of the cars.

    The teens don't seem to react positively (nor extremely negatively) to Seven's Star Sugar Heartlove song. But the tweens around sure seem to love it! However, the teens do seem fascinated with the prospect of what modifications Seven can apply to their cars.

    The entire party, now riding along in convertible cars into town along the main street, hydraulic bouncing every time you hit a traffic stop, gathers quite the crowd of onlookers. You eventually reach what appears to be the town square and are greeted by actual adults. One in particular appears to be the town's mayor.

    The kids quickly apprise the mayor of your interactions thus far, for better or for worse. At one point, they seem to discuss Hanae and Morvruul extensively and you can tell immediately that quite a few of the adults in the crowd disapprove of that particular interaction. However, their overall reception is very warm.

    The mayor states, "We welcome you. You control beast? Beast is evil demon! You destroy beast then great heroes!"

    Having earned their trust and admiration through your interactions thus far, they also reveal a variety of information to you regarding the outpost and an exile from their town who has taken up residence at the outpost who still remains devout to the beast. The exile may not be pleased if the party has taken control of the beast. The mayor informs you of the following:

  • The outpost is haunted and shoots fire at those who approach. He pleads with you, asking you not to go there.
  • The exile has magical powers and as such is very dangerous and shouldn't be antagonized.
  • You're provided with the exact details of the outpost's location, warning you of dangers along the way.
  • One of the town's inhabitants went off in search fo the exile and may be in the area.

    I'll pause here for anyone who wants to interact with the locals or ask further questions. Afterwards, we'll ove on to the next scene.

  • Dataphiles

    Human xenoarchaeologist Soldier 2| SP 18/18 HP 18/18 RP 3/4| EAC 15 KAC 15| F +5 R +3 W +3| Init +3, Percep +0

    "Did you catch that, Morvuul? We did a good thing."

    Ryu assures the elders that they know how to defend against the fire from the outpost and that the they can likewise handle the exile's magic.

    Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

    Dataphiles

    Male LN tempered pilgrim witchwyrd operative 1 | SP 5/5 HP 5/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort -1; Ref +4; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
    Skills:
    Bluff +11, Computers +7, Culture +7, Diplomacy +9, Disguise +9, Engineering +7, Intimidate +6, Mysticism +6, Perception +6, Piloting +7, Profession (merchant) +14
    Ryu Shuto wrote:
    "Did you catch that, Morvuul? We did a good thing."

    "What?!" replies Morvruul, suspicious as to what Ryu may be insinuating, before realizing that he was referring to the death of the magnificient Besmaran whelp. The witchwyrd steps away from the company of the native, who he attempts to keep at bay with his many hands, and approaches the elders.

    "Give us what we desire and we will make sure that the best--I mean, the beast--will be slain and that its remains, assuming there are any left, will be delivered to you as a trophy." Morvruul declares. "As for the outpost and this--'exile'--you call it...we will take care of that for you as well."

    If this 'exile' has a means to control such an awesome force as the Besmaran whelp, then perhaps I can acquire such power for myself!

    "Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!" the "merchant" erupts in laughter, rubbing his multiple palms together.

    Then, feeling the gaze of the natives, he quickly adds, "It is probably best that only my minions and I head to the outpost and handle this exile on our own. You should all remain here--for safety purposes."

    Second Seekers (Jadnura)

    Male CG Xenoarcheologist Technomancer 2 (Arcanamirium Sage) | SP 7/10 HP 14/14 | RP 2/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +0; Ref +2; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft (IR scanners armor upgrade) Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st:3/3 | Active conditions: Shirt Reroll Used.

    Going through Seven as translator.

    "What about this exile....why were they exiled? And you say they have magical power. Do you know of what type? What they could do?""

    "What about this scout? Were they keeping an eye on the exile, or at least the outpost?"

    51 to 100 of 207 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / gamplay All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.