AFlashInTime's Pact World Warriors (2-01)

Game Master AFlashInTime

Slides


1 to 50 of 440 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

GM

Pact World Warriors (SFS 2-01)! PBP Gameday VIII! Beginning August 26th, 2019. Welcome to the campaign!

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 14/14 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort 0/Ref +2/Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +7

A small posture alien runs towards the meeting spot thinking to himself:

"I should be on time, bloody Tradok and his party. I should have known better to not drink that greenish fluid."

After thinking that Croaker stops and looks at the message displayed at the doors:

"Meeting canceled. Come back at 2nd Firstday of Rova at 8.00"

Ysoki looks at the message and blinks a few times. Then he tries to open the doors, seeing that they are shut down, he yells:

"Bloody Starfinder Society, they show no respect to mercenaries!" He would be red on his face if it was not covered with fur, annoyed he says to himself:

"Let me try and find some breakfast then."

As he says that Croaker turns around and walks using his snout to find a place with something that a Ysoki can eat.


Fire Starters Loot

It's almost time! Feel free to begin pre-scenario banter amongst yourselves (see post in the Discussion thread for more details). We'll officially kick things off in a little under five hours (or a little bit more than that depending on how my evening goes, but soon!)

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male N Ferran Soldier 1 | SP 8/8 HP 9/11 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +0 Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +, SM: + | Speed ft |Low light

Sitting on a chair strapped down for the flight is a squad humanoid with a bald head wearing heavy armor and holding his helmet on his lap as he looks around

"Nobody told me anything about wherrre we ar' supposed to go. Did any of you get any more inforrrmation?" he says while rolling his r's each time he asks his question.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 14/14 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort 0/Ref +2/Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Croaker walks on the landing bay and finds a place where he was asked to go. As he joins the group he tries to chat with the Obsidian Spiders to get them to talk. When he sees that it has no effect on the mercenaries he simply comments:

"Ok I get it, we are your mission. I will shut up now."

As he sits and tries to sleep on a chair Croaker responds to the soldier:
"I was probably told the same thing as you did. Show up on the platform and now we are moving. We will get somewhere where we will know the objective of this mission. It is better to sleep as we can. I am Croaker by the way. "


Fire Starters Loot

Getting the ball rolling with the intro - feel free to continue to make introductions as we go!

The Obsidian Spiders' spaceship lands on the surface of Eox in a large hanger. You are quickly escorted out of the ship and led into a well-lit elevader. After what seems like a full minute descending, the doors open. A walk down a hallway and around a few corners later, you open a door to find a meeting area furnished with a large round table and multiple wall-mounted flat screens. Two individuals are present inside and look up as you enter. See slides

Zo!, an undead elebrian, rubs his skeletal hands together and turns his rictus grin to Radaszam. “Excellent work, you truly are the Dealmaker. My viewers will love these agents you’ve assembled!”

Radaszam nods, briefly showing his teeth, then gestures toward the empty seats across from Zo! “Before we get too carried away, I need a moment to explain the situation.” Radaszam sighs wearily as he takes a seat barely appropriate for his large vesk frame. “We thought our troubles were over after the Scoured Stars business. We were wrong.”

“Allow me to elaborate!” Zo! excitedly explains, seizing a remote. The screens behind him flicker to life, and the undead mogul spins around in his chair for a better view. Radaszam buries his head in his hands as the video plays.

The Starfinder Society emblem appears on screen as a deep, confident voice narrates: “The Starfinder Society, a group dedicated to the pursuit of truth and knowledge—or so they say.” The music dramatically flares as the voice-over continues. “What does this fraudulent organization really stand for?”

The camera pans over a fleet of Starfinder starships engaged in vicious fleet-to-fleet combat with unseen attackers. “Today, the Scoured Stars; tomorrow, your system. Where exactly will these hells-bent-on-conquest soldiers stop?” The scene then changes to that of a shirren, faction leader Zigvigix, dancing in a crowd, their torso and arms crammed into a Strawberry Machine Cake T-shirt. “While Starfinder operatives carry out secret wars across the galaxy, Society leaders embezzle funds to purchase VIP concert tickets. What is their true agenda?”

The screen transitions to grainy footage of Venture-Captain Arvin emerging from the Lorespire Complex, his hand raised to block the flash of cameras. “Society leadership refuses to elaborate. But the question remains: does this group have any place in the Pact Worlds?” A half-dozen similar ads play as Radaszam shakes his head and Zo! watches intently.

“As you can see,” Radaszam grumbles, “We’re facing a multimedia smear campaign. The First Seeker is working through legal channels while Celita locates the source of the commercials. But there’s a way you can help.” Radaszam catches Zo!’s eye and nods.

“You’re going to turn the tides of public opinion in your Society’s favor,” Zo! gushes, “by competing on my show, Pact World Warriors!”

“Zo! and I believe that a good showing on a prime-time game show might undermine this attempt at slander.” Radaszam explains. “I handpicked you to compete as a team. If you can impress Pact Worlds viewers enough, that’ll be the distraction we need to get the time to figure this whole situation out.”

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

| SP 0/16 | HP 1/14 | RP 1/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 CMD 25 | Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Evasion, +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +4 | Perception +6 (Darkvision 60ft) Trap Spotter +7 (10ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (3 days remaining) | Male Elebrian (Death-Touched) Operative (Ghost) 2

During the flight with the Obsidian Spiders:

A rarity among the Pact Worlds, much less the Starfinder Society, one of your companions is a living-and-breathing elebrian - a native of Eox who isn't an undead. Despite the fact that he wraps his body in black and dark brown leather strips, even moreso wrapping his enlarged cranium up as if wearing a turban, he isn't fully able to hide his cultural heritage...especially as he paces back and forth frantically once the mission's destination is revealed. During the flight, he'll attempt several calls to First Seeker Jadnura's office and will be frustrated by getting the kasatha's voicemail each time. After a half-dozen attempts, he'll just sit down in the corner of the passenger compartment, muttering very quietly to himself, "I told him...anywhere but Eox...didn't want to go back to Eox...never again on Eox...survived a year in the Scoured Stars after escaping...and now? Right back to flipping Eox..."

However, by the time the ship reaches its destination, the Elebrian has his emotions fully under control. He stays off to the side of the team most of the time, hardly says a word, and keeps as much of his skin covered at all times - usually just leaving the area around his eyes open when his armor's environmental seals aren't active. He doesn't appear to have much weaponry on him...or else it's carefully concealed among all those layers of wrapped cloth.

During/After the briefing:

Anyone looking at Oz can tell he's clenching his teeth any time Zo speaks...and when the undead elebrian says "competing on my show" you could almost swear that Oz's hand twitched near the grip of a pistol...but instead he just cracks his knuckles, and crosses his arms, narrowing his eyes to see what the reactions are from the rest of this handpicked team.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 14/14 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort 0/Ref +2/Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +7

When flying, after taking a nap

"So who is up to play some cards? We have at least a couple of days until we arrive so we can share some wealth with each other." He smiles presenting all of his teeth. When he sees Oz behavior he asks him:

"Nervous when flying? My grandma had the same, whenever she had to move anywhere with a ship it put her on edge. She usually got drunk to cope with it. It didn't help much besides making her more aggressive. And I must tell you my grandma could be scary like hell. She was the reason why every Ysoki in my litter were strong, smart or dead. So what is your story?"

Croaker spends his time playing and cheating at cards, dices and other games. By accident, he has plenty of sets to play and he mostly never use magical skills to cheat.

When arriving to Eox.

"That is my first time to Eox, and I must say it is a mess. It looks like the worst mines on Akiton."

He walks behind the mercenaries fixing his medical bag on his shoulder and making sure that his environmental seal is on. As they walk he moves his snout fetching some scents from the air that his seal are letting through.

He then sits on the room and looks to the ad smiling from time to time.

"So someone makes few statements about Starfinders and you want us to make fools out of ourselves in the Zo! show. What is this show about? What are the rules? What would we do there? Wouldn't it be better if you would hire someone like that Ysoki cheek: Ratdashian? She would show some body and tell that Starfinders are cool"

He then speaks to himself:

"I knew I should have been more explicit on what types of missions I am eager to take. "

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

| SP 0/16 | HP 1/14 | RP 1/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 CMD 25 | Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Evasion, +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +4 | Perception +6 (Darkvision 60ft) Trap Spotter +7 (10ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (3 days remaining) | Male Elebrian (Death-Touched) Operative (Ghost) 2

Back on the flight:
When Croaker comes over to talk to him, it is perhaps what helps Oz get a hold of himself, leading to the elebrian being a bit more talkative than he usually is, even with fellow Starfinders.

"Name's Oz."

"...Not much of a story to tell, really. The living don't have many rights on Eox, so all I really remember was being born in a cell with a number tattooed to the back of my hand," he'll pull back a glove to reveal the number "05" imprinted on his pale skin, but the 5 was done on a rather extreme angle, making it look more like a "Z". "Survived the games that off-worlders get to volunteer for and opt in or out of long enough to sneak off and stow away in a cargo container. Next thing I know I'm staring down the barrel of guns held by Jadnura's security guards en route to the Scoured Stars system when they discovered me. He heard my story over some coffee and swore me in right then and there...about a week before we got trapped out there for over a year, until the rest of you rescued us." Oz will tuck his hand back into his glove. "Somehow, he got us through a year out there, and you all brought us back, so I go where the Starfinders tell me...I just wish to Asmodeus that it wasn't back to Eox."

Dataphiles

Male Dwarf NG Mechanic Roboticist 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (stonecunning), SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft Speed 20ft | | Active conditions: None.

On the flight here

Coming onto the ship is a decently build dwarf, along with a lumbering form of some kind of bot.

As the bot walks in, a small 'ting' is heard, as its head hits the hatch frame. "Watch'yor head Mechanadross....I think this ship was built for halflings..."

The bot bobs its head in acknowlegement...or maybe it is just trying to realign its servos.

Looking at the rest of the members already in here, the dwarf stops and says, "Names Jagrur Cragsteam. Robotics inventor. This here is Mechanadross, the latests and 'greatest' bot I have so far built. Yeah , built on the shoestring budget the Society gives me. Eventually 'Dross here will be an unstoppable juggernaut. Right now, the hatch almost knocked his head off..." with that he sighs.

Dataphiles

Male Dwarf NG Mechanic Roboticist 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (stonecunning), SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft Speed 20ft | | Active conditions: None.

FYI, I have ran this before, so I won't be doing any leading questions.

Back with Radaszam and Zo!

Jagrur takes a seat near the back of the group, with Mechanadross standing mutely silent behind him. Pursing his lips at the mention of a smear campaign and the infomercial like feel of the vid, Jagrur manages to keep silent throughout the presentation.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 14/14 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort 0/Ref +2/Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Croaker stands up from his chair and approaches a window to look at the destroyed landscape of the planet.

Letting others to write.

He thinks: "Wow, this planet went through hell. There are so many other planets in the space why they didn't move to some other place."

Dataphiles

M Vesk Soldier/1

After arriving and being quiet the whole flight just taking everything in and gathering intel.

This is most interesting, I bet Historia-7 has already heard about this. Perhaps this mission will afford some new intel for her

What are you looking for us to do? Complete some quests before another team or just search and destroy?

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male N Ferran Soldier 1 | SP 8/8 HP 9/11 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +0 Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +, SM: + | Speed ft |Low light

"We get to be on the holo's! That sounds amazing" Charlie mentions as he rubs his head, hoping that the sweat from his bald head won't reflect the light back to the holocamera's messing up the visuals seemingly oblivious to the possibility of a bad performance on his part resulting in a bad image for the Society as a whole.

Do we know the gameshow he's talking about? Is it famous or new? Just wondering if we know what to expect? Should we be excited about becoming famous ourselves or if this is some new unknown pilot/try-out type of deal

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

| SP 0/16 | HP 1/14 | RP 1/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 CMD 25 | Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Evasion, +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +4 | Perception +6 (Darkvision 60ft) Trap Spotter +7 (10ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (3 days remaining) | Male Elebrian (Death-Touched) Operative (Ghost) 2

Oz just sighs and leans against the closest wall, rolling his eyes and muttering under his breath, "...great."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Fire Starters Loot

"You want to know more about Pact World Warriors?" Zo! beams.

"Pact World Warriors is an action-packed game show filled here in my megastudio, deep under the surface of Eox! Two teams compete in a series of death-defying challenges. The winning team earns eternal adoration from millions of fans--and a cash prize! The challenges are a surprise and change every episode. A Pact World Warrior can think on the fly, roll with the punches, expect the unexpected!" Zo! gesticulates wildly as he speaks.

At this point you're welcome to make Culture (recall knowledge) or Diplomacy (gather information) checks to learn more about the program Pact World Warriors. Thanks to Oz's recalling knowledge ability, after two minutes of thinking you currently have a 28 in Culture, which gets him the following information.

Pact World Warriors is known system-wide as the foremost display of physically grueling and mentally exhausting trials, pitting two teams against one another in various competitions. Events on the show frequently change, but some recurring events include obstacle courses, tests of skill, and modified war games. A particularly memorable episode featured a "combat karaoke" challenge in which contestants performed karaoke while battling mosterous aliens. The show's film crews provide supply crates containing useful gear in every challenge, either in plain sight or hidden on the set. A former host recently leaked plans for future episodes, including references to "cooking combat" and "capture the flag."

Radaszam stands. "Filming is scheduled to begin today, so we don't have much time to make preparations. Zo!'s staff will be here to escort you into the prep rooms as soon as you are ready." Zo! almost gleams with excitement.

At this point you're free to ask additional questions, slot boons for the scenario, and confirm you're ready to begin preparations for filming. If anybody has High Society Influence (Zo!) from Starfinder Society Scenario #1-05: The First Mandate or the Savior of the Scoured Stars boon from Starfinder Society Scenario #2-00: Fate of the Scoured God, it is recommended you slot those boons for this scenario.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

| SP 0/16 | HP 1/14 | RP 1/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 CMD 25 | Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Evasion, +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +4 | Perception +6 (Darkvision 60ft) Trap Spotter +7 (10ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (3 days remaining) | Male Elebrian (Death-Touched) Operative (Ghost) 2

Oz follows up with a question after Zo finishes ranting, his voice dripping with open hostility. "And the losing team?"

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 14/14 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort 0/Ref +2/Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +7

"Who is the opposite team? Is the contest impacted by people from outside? " asks Ysoki, knowing very well that this show will be far from a fair competition.

Dataphiles

Male Dwarf NG Mechanic Roboticist 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (stonecunning), SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft Speed 20ft | | Active conditions: None.

After listening to everybody asking questions, Jagrur asks one himself,"Is Mechanadross allowed in? He technically isn't a contestant, just a thing I built."

"Oh, and is there somewhere we can buy stuff? If we are going to be contestants, I want to make certain I have things I think I might need."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male N Ferran Soldier 1 | SP 8/8 HP 9/11 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +0 Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +, SM: + | Speed ft |Low light

"Is there on side medical support if someone needs it? Do we each get a personal camera crew or drone to follow us? Or are there general remote camera's? Is my right side my good side? Do we get a dressing room? Can I get a bowl of blue M&M's? Do we get personal assistance?"

Getting caught of guard about being on a holo show Charlie gets a bit nervous and starts to ramble as he's led by Zo's staff to the prep area.

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf NG Mechanic Roboticist 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (stonecunning), SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft Speed 20ft | | Active conditions: None.

"Blue M&M's? Well if he gets the blue ones, I want the green ones!" Jagrur says with a smirk.

"Oh, and Mechanadross wants the red ones. The color of our enemies blood--well if they are mostly carbon based with iron for their hemoglobin...."


Fire Starters Loot

Zo! smiles at all of the attention and turns to each of you in turn.

At first he addresses Charlie. "Medical supplies can be purchased in between competitions at normal prices! And don't worry, we'll have plenty of drones and cameras filming the action. You'll have a room to yourselves to relax in, but the M&Ms are on you!" He looks at Jagrur "Oh, and your mecha-thing can come. But again, bring your own snacks."

He turns to Croaker. "No fan voting or anything like that on this show! Pact World Warriors pits one team's skill, determination, and grit directly against the other's!" Zo! noticably doesn't say anything about who the opposing team is.

Finally, Zo! turns to Oz. "What do you mean 'and the losing team'? Other than not winning the cash prize and being adored by millions of fans across the Pact Worlds, nothing bad happens to them! At least, not after the competition."

Radaszam snorts dismissively and adds "I don't have any intel on your opponents. Probably just a bunch of celebrity wannabes, but don't underestimate them." He glances at Zo!, who gives a wide-grinned shrug in return.

Unless you have any more questions, if you're ready to go begin preps for the first competition please confirm and we'll really get this show on the road! Also, I take it nobody is slotting the boons mentioned?

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

| SP 0/16 | HP 1/14 | RP 1/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 CMD 25 | Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Evasion, +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +4 | Perception +6 (Darkvision 60ft) Trap Spotter +7 (10ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (3 days remaining) | Male Elebrian (Death-Touched) Operative (Ghost) 2

Oz just sighs and pulls out a detonator, programming it to his holo-grenade's frequency and then idly playing with it in his nimble fingers while waiting for the others to finish getting ready. As soon as they're moved to a staging area, he'll have his shadow pistol in-hand down at his side.

Good to go for Oz. He only has a couple of boons total, so he's got nothing useful available to slot.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 14/14 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort 0/Ref +2/Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Croaker stands up showing that for him the briefing is over.

"Don't you worry about the medical side of things, I won't let you sir on the big screen."

He moves his medical bag to show that he has one.

"M&M's, huh, good one."

Dataphiles

M Vesk Soldier/1

No boons for this level 1 guy

Lead the way Zo!

Dataphiles

Male Dwarf NG Mechanic Roboticist 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (stonecunning), SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft Speed 20ft | | Active conditions: None.

"Let's get this show on the road....though here on Eox that might mean the road might try to kill us."

I am ready to go.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male N Ferran Soldier 1 | SP 8/8 HP 9/11 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +0 Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +, SM: + | Speed ft |Low light

"I feel grrrreat! Let's get going"
Charlie mentions as he jabs the air a few times to get pumped and even throws in the occasional uppercut

None of those (or any)boons for Charlie

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

| SP 0/16 | HP 1/14 | RP 1/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 CMD 25 | Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Evasion, +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +4 | Perception +6 (Darkvision 60ft) Trap Spotter +7 (10ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (3 days remaining) | Male Elebrian (Death-Touched) Operative (Ghost) 2

Sigh. "...great."


Fire Starters Loot

Zo! calls in some production staff - a few ghouls - who lead you deeper into the megacomplex. Several flights of stairs and a few elevator rides later, you arrive in a large hexagonal room.

Various mini-sets form a mismatched scene, with several camera drones crawling or buzzing about. To the west (your right), a raised circular platform housing a comfortable white couch stands in front of several vidscreens. A long newscaster's desk occupies the area to the south. Two undead chat animatedly in front of a green screen in an open area to the east. The ghoul production staff lead you in front of the green screen.

A spectral woman (see slides) turns to a pale, gaunt man with clawed hands. "Are you ready to meet our contestants, Quell?" The woman's breathy voice echos throughout the chamber as a skeleton hosts a microphone in front of her ghostly lips.

"I died already, Lethea! I can already positively taste their excitement, and hesitation, and fear! Ah, that piquant touch of nerves. Simply exquisite." Quell winks into a nearby camera.

"Well here they are!" Lethea announces. "We've brought both teams together for an exclusive meet and greet. Be on your best behavior, contestants. Our audience cheers loudest for living challengers, if you catch my drift."

At that, five humanoids are brought into the room by two additional ghouls. The first is a female halfling carrying a huge gun almost as big as she is, dressed in heavy armor. Second is a fashionably dressed male damaya lashunta. A female vesk wearing a belt packed with mechanical tools comes third, a small drone following close behind. Fourth is a male pahtra (the catfolk-like species), who moves with a smooth grace. Finally, an agendered android rounds out the group. Upon seeing you all, looks of momentary surprise flash and then quickly disappear from your opponents' faces.

"Hey Rafelo, these guys look greener than the protein shake I had for lunch!" the halfling boasts as the group walks over, looking at the lashunta.

"Hello, hello! What have we here!" the lashunta says, although he seems to be focused on Lethea, the female ghost host, rather than anything his companion is saying or your team.

"Well that's some interesting equipment..." the vesk says to no one in particular, eyeing your weapons and gear.

The pahtra says nothing as he approaches but also appears to be looking you over.

The android approaches and extends their hand to the first one of you they come to. In a surprisingly cheerful voice, they say "Hello fellow competitors! My name is Verity-5. I am so excited to be on this show competing against you all. How are you doing? Isn't this going to be fun!"

One minor GM note - remember that you're all slotting at least one boon - your faction champion boon - so you get reputation with the faction you're representing! But I understand that the lower level characters may not have any applicable boons other than that one, which everybody starts with one by default.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 14/14 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort 0/Ref +2/Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Croaker looks around with a bit of fear and excitement. The Ysoki eyes the opponents listening to their smirky comments, he speaks quietly

"It is all about showmanship. So let's dance a bit"

He once again eyes the opponents for a moment and focus on one lose item that one of them has. Most likely it will be a Vesk, Croaker will try to let it fly using his magic.

Nothing fancy, trying to use telekinetic hand to make one of the object to fall on the ground, could be a tool, a weapon or anything else

Croaker breathes in the air immediately finding plenty of energy to use, but here it had a certain taste to it. A one of death and destruction, screams and suffering, Croaker ignores that sensation and focuses on something that one of the enemies has.

Letting gm to decide of put worked out not, telekinetic hand has no roll for being a success or anything

if it worked:

Ysoki does not relax just yet, the whole cosmic energy that he breathes he just change into laughter from the audience.

Casting ghost sound: laughter from the audience

"Who is green now, shorty!" it doesn't go unnoticed that Ysoki is of similar height as the Halfling

Dataphiles

M Vesk Soldier/1

I suppose you lot will suffice as our competition, good luck on the field of battle.

Is there a roll I can make to gather any more intel just based off of this meeting, how they are interacting with one another. I mean against us they are def show boating for the cameras

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

| SP 0/16 | HP 1/14 | RP 1/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 CMD 25 | Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Evasion, +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +4 | Perception +6 (Darkvision 60ft) Trap Spotter +7 (10ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (3 days remaining) | Male Elebrian (Death-Touched) Operative (Ghost) 2

Oz looks over their opponents, one at a time, then just sighs and shakes his head before crossing his arms and leaning against the nearest wall/solid-object-that-can-support-his-brooding-weight.

Dataphiles

Male Dwarf NG Mechanic Roboticist 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (stonecunning), SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft Speed 20ft | | Active conditions: None.

Jagrur looks over the opposing team, focusing on the halfing, since she seems to be the most flippant. Giving a side long glance at Oz and Spike Jagrur says loud enough for him to be heard by the other team,
"Seems like the lady there seems to be overcompensating for something. I am pretty amazed that it doesn't knock her on her butt when she fires it. That gun something the size of Choppy or maybe Mechandross, not a wee one like her."

Engineering to look over the opposing teams equipment, focusing on the vesk's ( her drone and stuff): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 my -5 to tech for being a roboticist might come in help for her drone

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male N Ferran Soldier 1 | SP 8/8 HP 9/11 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +0 Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +, SM: + | Speed ft |Low light

"It will be ourrr pleasurre to crrrush you all in the competition" Charlie responds as he get's a look at the other team.

He then twirls his hand around a few times next to his head circling his right ear.
"Can you hearrr that?"

He opens up his eyes wide as people are starting to wonder what he's talking about

"That's the approaching sound of you guys getting crrushed by us in the competition" he says with a wide grin as he raises both his arms above his head and turns around in a slow circle before grinding one of his fists in the palm of his other hand as he mentions the crushing part

No clue if we are on camera already, but I guess a little show boating wouldn't hurt


Fire Starters Loot

Lots of text here, but by the end we're finally through the introductions and into the actual competition. Going forward you're "in initiative" but because you're the only people acting the order doesn't really matter so we don't really need to roll. Still, limit your actions to what you could do in a regular initiative round (standard action, move action, etc.)

@Croaker You're able to grab one or two of several tools out of the Vesk's tool belt, which clatter loudly to the floor. She seems surprised before looking around in annoyance. The halfling flashes a rude gesture in response to your taunt.

@Choppy - There aren't any big secrets to be gleaned in this introduction. You notice they seem like a relatively inexperienced adventuring party, group of mercenaries, or something similar. The pahtra's smooth movements are especially silent, suggesting he might be an operative. You further observe the lashunta seems like an envoy and the android potentially a magic user. Verity-5 replies "Good luck out there to you, too! May the best team win!"

@Jagrur The Vesk's drone is of the stealth variety.[/ooc]

@Charlie The halfling flashes you a rude gesture as well before telling a nearby camera drone "Can you believe this? There's no way we're losing to these scrubs!"

"Okay everyone, it looks like these two teams are ready to get at it like the Pact World Warriors they are!" Lethea's amplified voice proclaims. "It's time for our first challenge... after a few words from our sponsors!"

Two ghouls hurry you out of the room, with your competition following two other ghouls out of another door. As you're leaving, you hear Quell call out "Smell you later, contestants. Feel free to be scared--fear is my favorite flavor!"

A short walk down a hallway later, the ghouls usher you into a 15x15 elevator (with no visible buttons present on the inside) before stepping out themselves. They press a button and you feel the elevator moving downward.

After several seconds the floor of the elevator gives way, depositing you in a windowless, featureless 15x15x15 steel chamber! (see slides) The chamber appears to contain no doors or hatches, preventing escape. You notice searing heat radiates from the floor and walls, suggesting a scorching climate or raging fire outside the chamber. The ceiling closes above you with a pneumatic hiss.

Roll initiative! And remember my comment at the beginning of this post that the actual initiative order doesn't matter - yet - so go ahead and take your actions along with your initiative roll.

Dataphiles

Male Dwarf NG Mechanic Roboticist 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (stonecunning), SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft Speed 20ft | | Active conditions: None.

Initiative (both myself and 'dross): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Jagrur looks around, trying to see if there is any way out--maybe a door, electronic panel...or something?[/dice]

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 +2 if there is stone involved--doubtful, just adding

Actions
J's Move action: to scrutinize the walls and ceiling for anything that he could hack, engineer
J's Standard action: Pull out his rig so he has the tools needed if necessary

M's action (move or standard): waits for orders.

How I usually run IRL a bot mechanic is I tell people they have 3 actions between the 2 characters, no more than 1 standard and 1 move per each. I figure I will just do the same here...just have it state J's Move, J's Standard, and M's Move or Standard (depending on who gets the 3rd action).

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 14/14 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort 0/Ref +2/Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Croaker eagerly walkes into the elevator willing to win the competition against the opponents. Before it was professional but now it is personal, he doesn't mind small bantering but he was not born yesterday to let it slide.

He begins looking around and he quickly calms himself, Croaker begins to breath the air in and out and look for sources of the energy. His eyes and nose begins to shine with a gentle yellow light and he begins to sniffing around the room looking for clues.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Casting detect magic in a 60 great cone for 2 minutes https://www.starjammersrd.com/magic-and-spells/spells/d/detect-magic/

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

| SP 0/16 | HP 1/14 | RP 1/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 CMD 25 | Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Evasion, +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +4 | Perception +6 (Darkvision 60ft) Trap Spotter +7 (10ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (3 days remaining) | Male Elebrian (Death-Touched) Operative (Ghost) 2

Oz sighs again, staying near the back of the group.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Feeling the heat he looks to the others as they ignore it and shrugs, turning on his armor's environmental protections while drawing his shadow pistol.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male N Ferran Soldier 1 | SP 8/8 HP 9/11 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +0 Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +, SM: + | Speed ft |Low light

Initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7

"There's no way out?"

Charlie looks for a way out as he turns on his suit's enviromental protections

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19


Fire Starters Loot

We'll go ahead and have Choppy's post take place in the first initiative round but moving along for now.

Jagrur, your way of describing the drone/mechanic action economy works for me!

Round 1

As you begin drawing weapons, turning on your suits, and casting spells, it definitely seems like it's getting hotter in here.

Croaker, you don't detect any magic (except what would be on the party in your cone) in the first round.

Neither Charlie nor Jagrur can find evidence of any kind of a door to the room, but Charlie notices a two foot wide opening about ten feet up the west wall. It looks like a medium-sized creature will have to squeeze to enter it if you can get up to it, but small creatures should fit.

Initiative order so far:
Oz
Croaker
Jagrur
Charlie-X
Choppy-2(?)

Round 2

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

| SP 0/16 | HP 1/14 | RP 1/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 CMD 25 | Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Evasion, +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +4 | Perception +6 (Darkvision 60ft) Trap Spotter +7 (10ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (3 days remaining) | Male Elebrian (Death-Touched) Operative (Ghost) 2

Assuming Charlie points out the opening, Oz will take a few steps back and then make a running leap to try and get to it, planning on dropping his rope behind him if he can make it.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Let's get it out of the way early - VC Polo shirt reroll.

Acrobatics reroll: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 4 = 21

If Oz can get up there, he'll take a gander at what's ahead of him, planning to drop a rope for the rest of the team as soon as he can. (Since I'm guessing he doesn't have enough actions to jump, pull himself into a squeezing space, and draw/drop rope all in a single round)

( As a reminder, Oz gets free perception rolls vs traps even if he's not looking for them, although I'm guessing this qualifies as a hazard, knowing Paizo :P )

Dataphiles

M Vesk Soldier/1

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Choppy 2 will see the opening and try to provide any STR boost to assist someone to get up the hole and drop a rope.

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 14/14 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort 0/Ref +2/Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +7

sorry, but I have no idea how I can help so I decided to do something useless

Croaker looks at Oz climbing towards the whole and he realizes that there has to be some cameras to present their doings to the crowd. Croaker then again calls for the energy discarding the undead feel of it.

His fur on the snout stands and again his eyes begin to shine. Croaker will be a Pr specialist this turn. Whenever Oz grabs a hold to lift up a flash of light is light towards the ceiling. When he lifts himself a sound of stretched fabric is made like in a cheap action movie.

Casting Token Spell to do some effects

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male N Ferran Soldier 1 | SP 8/8 HP 9/11 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +0 Will +0 | Init: +0 | Perc: +, SM: + | Speed ft |Low light

After pointing out the small opening and watching Ozmin scramble up Charlie does a mental count and as he reaches 5 and hasn't heard either an explosion or a scream of pain emanating from inside the opening - by Ozmin or anyone else. Before bracing himself trying to climb up

Athletics to climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 (+5 bonus for climbing in a corner? since I'm not sure where the opening actually is in the wall. With half my land speed I move the 10ft needed to get to the opening)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Fire Starters Loot

Jumping in in the middle of initiative with some clarifications.

For everyone - my apologies for forgetting this earlier, but if you didn't activate your armor's environmental protections in round 1, please roll a fortitude save!

Oz, I think you'd be able to do all of that in one round. Even with squeezing making you gain the entangled condition, you're only moving up five feet and then five feet into the shaft as you hoist yourself up. Even if drawing the rope is a standard action, I'd be willing to say you can drop it down behind you as a free action - it's basically the same as dropping any item only you're still holding on (presumably) to one end.

For Charlie, you've used one move action to climb into a ventilation duct, squeezing past Oz to do so. You still have a move action (at half speed given the cramped conditions) and the duct appears to go to the north before branching off to the east. There's light coming from that direction. See slides - the shaft isn't that long.

Choppy, you'll need to make a strength check to try to assist/boost somebody up into the shaft. It'll be easier with the rope coming down.

Croaker, your token spell definitely adds something to Oz's ascent. You still have a move action - and a rope hanging down - if you'd like to use it.

Waiting to see what Jagrur and drone will do before concluding round 2!

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

| SP 0/16 | HP 1/14 | RP 1/4 | EAC 16 KAC 17 CMD 25 | Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2; Evasion, +1 vs. radiation effects | Init +4 | Perception +6 (Darkvision 60ft) Trap Spotter +7 (10ft) | Active Effects: None | Armor Environmental Seals: Active (3 days remaining) | Male Elebrian (Death-Touched) Operative (Ghost) 2

(Thank ye kindly, GM!)

Oz will, as a free action (combat banter) let the team knows what he sees ahead of him.

Dataphiles

M Vesk Soldier/1

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Str Check to boost people up: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
If the GM allows a Athletics check then its a +7 instead

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki Mercenary Mystic/2 | SP: 12/12 | HP: 14/14 | RP: 4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Fort 0/Ref +2/Will +6 | Init +2 | Perception +7

Croaker after being a special effect guy climbs the rope into the shaft.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Fortitude: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Ysoki gets into the tunnel and moves out of the way

Dataphiles

Male Dwarf NG Mechanic Roboticist 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (stonecunning), SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft Speed 20ft | | Active conditions: None.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Jagrur sees everybody else turning on their environmentals, and shrugs. He turns it on, and then attaches his grappler to Mechanadross.

"Here you go buddy. Once I get up and secure it, you can use that to ascend."

Without manipulator arms, the drone can't use its athletics from what I can see based off the rules. With the grappler, at least it can hopefully winch itself up, as I can't see why I wouldn't have a winch on it, though there is none to buy in the basic or armory...shrug.

Actions
J Move: Turn on environmentals
J Standard: Pull out grappler, and give it to Mechanadross

M Move: Afix it to it's winch.

Dataphiles

Male Dwarf NG Mechanic Roboticist 2 | SP 14/14 HP 18/18 | RP 2/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6 (stonecunning), SM: +1,Dark Vision 60ft Speed 20ft | | Active conditions: None.

And by attaching the grappler to Mechanadross, I meant the cable. I have the only 'KAC' gun to fire the grappler. But for this case, I will just climb up myself and then anchor the grappler to the shaft.

1 to 50 of 440 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / AFlashInTime's Pact World Warriors (2-01) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.