Dungeons, Dine-Ins, and Dives: A Modern Fantasy Campaign

Game Master VixieMoondew

A modern campaign with heavy fantasy flavor; our heroes decide to take a break from desk jobs, retail, and food service to take a chance on the original gig economy: becoming adventurers!

SLIDES!
LOOT!


601 to 630 of 630 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

|Wizard/Diviner: 1|HP: 7/7|AC:13/T:13/FF:10|F:+1/R:+3/W:+4|CMB:+0|CMD:13|BAB:+0|Init:+8|Darkvision |Res Elec: 7|Perception:+6|Know(Arcana/Engineering+7|Spellcraft+7|Stealth+12 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience used: 3/6

Keeyan casts Detect Magic and carefully walks/scans the are before walking to the gate. "Good point. I don't think I could carry any more, but for magic.... maybe. Besides, I'll come back for that!"


Consortium Compact Slides

At present, there doesn't seem to be much in here aside from a bunch of rocks and stone pillars, neither of which seems magical anymore.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 13/13| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 3/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto joins the search,

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

But not finding much more chucks some large rocks through the portal before dragging out his portion of the ore.


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 1 HP:10| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+2| CMB:-1, CMD:12|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella will look around...

Perception Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Consortium Compact Slides

There doesn't seem to be much to see here!

So you step through the portal.

The first thing you notice is that, as Edie pulls her tail abruptly through behind her, the portal narrows down swiftly until it blips out of existence. It kind of reminds you of turning off an older TV.

The second is that, although they don't have their sirens on, the police car lights are still flashing, and empty. Klyto's van sits just where he parked it.

You're currently standing in the parking lot, without another person in sight.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 13/13| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 3/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Looking around Klyto observes,

You know, I bet they're all waiting for us out side the ritual room. Let's get the ore loaded up and let them know the matter has been addressed.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Cel)|HP: 11/12|AC: 18/T:11/ FF: 17|F: +4/R:+1/W: +2|CMB:+1|CMD: 12/11FF|BAB: +1|Init:+1|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per:+6|Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch):+4|K:Arc/Loc/Spcft:+4|K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 0/6 per Day Statuses: Fatigued(two rounds)

Edie is glad she didn't lose her tail, that would have hurt!

"I really hope so, and that Chant didn't either decide to pull a practical joke or disintegrated all of them.... ...or both... we barely know anything about this guy."

The tiefling will be glad to get this all off her shoulders.... then remembers something.

"When we went down into the pit, wasn't there another passage past the pit?"

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 13/13| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 3/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto continues loading ore.

Yeah, there were some offshoots. Guess we're heading back in.


|Wizard/Diviner: 1|HP: 7/7|AC:13/T:13/FF:10|F:+1/R:+3/W:+4|CMB:+0|CMD:13|BAB:+0|Init:+8|Darkvision |Res Elec: 7|Perception:+6|Know(Arcana/Engineering+7|Spellcraft+7|Stealth+12 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience used: 3/6

Keeyan drops off his load of the ore. "Probably should lock the car. The ore is valuable and we don't know how long we'll have to hang out here after we find the police."


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 1 HP:10| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+2| CMB:-1, CMD:12|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella reaches out with her mind to see if Starwing is within range...


Consortium Compact Slides

Starwing is still, for the moment, missing; this isn't wholly surprising to you, as it's only been a few hours, and it took you about five to get here on the interstate. While Starwing does not have to navigate traffic, the bird's speed is significantly lower than the 65mph you averaged on the trip here-- and if the bird stops for anything, that will of course add to the time.

So, tl;dr: Starwing is not yet present, but you shouldn't be overly concerned about that for another few hours.


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 1 HP:10| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+2| CMB:-1, CMD:12|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella thinks to herself... It is odd for the cops not leave somebody out here...

Bella will look around...

Perception Roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Consortium Compact Slides

Bella notices that there seems to have been a rush to enter, as some of the gravel has footprints that are indicative of someone running (or at least jogging heavily) toward the mine entrance.


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 1 HP:10| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+2| CMB:-1, CMD:12|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

"It is odd...they ran into the mine...we should be cautious."

Bella gets ready to go back into the mine.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 13/13| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 3/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto closes and locks the van once all the ore is loaded.

Everybody healed up and ready? We found zombies once so expect trouble.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 13/13| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 3/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Don't forget your CLoWas and La Cures


|Wizard/Diviner: 1|HP: 7/7|AC:13/T:13/FF:10|F:+1/R:+3/W:+4|CMB:+0|CMD:13|BAB:+0|Init:+8|Darkvision |Res Elec: 7|Perception:+6|Know(Arcana/Engineering+7|Spellcraft+7|Stealth+12 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience used: 3/6

Keeyan readies his crossbow, hoping not to use it. "Ready."


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Cel)|HP: 11/12|AC: 18/T:11/ FF: 17|F: +4/R:+1/W: +2|CMB:+1|CMD: 12/11FF|BAB: +1|Init:+1|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per:+6|Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch):+4|K:Arc/Loc/Spcft:+4|K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 0/6 per Day Statuses: Fatigued(two rounds)

Edie has an insight.

"Let's be careful. There was a rumbling collapse earlier, they may be trapped or hurt in a section we didn't get into. I hope like hell none of them got hurt -- they may try to hold us responsible even though we're trying to help."

The tiefling is not a priest of her faith, but she offers a quiet moment of thought and prayer before tightening her belt and heading once more into the mines with the rest of the party.

Shei help us to find ourselves and our allies. I have very little left, Help us find them and grant me the strength and wisdom to handle the dangers ahead.

Shei


Consortium Compact Slides

Braced for the worst, the group heads in.

There's nothing out of the ordinary for a bit, and so they follow the path that they were originally led on until they reach the "office" with the apparent leader kobold on the laptop from earlier.

What they find is... interesting.

The first thing the group notices is that there are a lot of boys, girls, and nonbinary folks in blue splayed out on the ground, weapons out (primarily firearms, although there are a few saps and longswords). There are eight in total.

What the group does not notice is any kobolds (aside from one wearing police armor), nor Chant. The kobolds' equipment-- aside from the crates and barrels that were put together in a makeshift desk-- is missing, as well.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 13/13| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 3/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

So... where's the chief?


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Cel)|HP: 11/12|AC: 18/T:11/ FF: 17|F: +4/R:+1/W: +2|CMB:+1|CMD: 12/11FF|BAB: +1|Init:+1|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per:+6|Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch):+4|K:Arc/Loc/Spcft:+4|K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 0/6 per Day Statuses: Fatigued(two rounds)

Edie is concerned!

The tiefling carefully moves around the officers to try and check for pulses and whatnot. The one kobold wearing police armor -- if there had been kobolds on the police force why weren't THEY doing the negotiations?

She looks for any exits as she's checking the apparent victims as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Edited based on GM clarification about what gear was removed


Consortium Compact Slides

Klyto doesn't get any response.

Edie, meanwhile, finds some good news: the officers are all live.

And sleeping, actually.

In the process of checking on folks and making sure they're okay, one of them-- Lt. Alkimen-- blinks himself awake, clicking his tusks as he licks the sleep off of them.

"Uhrgm."

As for exits, there's only the original two: the one they just came in and the one that...

...wait a minute. The one they chased Keeyanchant into before is blocked off with big, heavy rocks.

So there's only one exit: the one they entered from.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 13/13| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 3/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

A big confused Klyto follows Edie's example.


Consortium Compact Slides

Alkimen grumbles and pushes himself up to his feet, only looking at Edie for a moment before his head swivels to take in his surroundings.

"Sleep spell," he grumbles, clenching his fist. "Chief went after you guys. Not sure when that happened," he says, jerking his thumb at the blockage, "but it's... wait. How do you not know where she is? You should have passed her coming back."


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Cel)|HP: 11/12|AC: 18/T:11/ FF: 17|F: +4/R:+1/W: +2|CMB:+1|CMD: 12/11FF|BAB: +1|Init:+1|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per:+6|Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch):+4|K:Arc/Loc/Spcft:+4|K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 0/6 per Day Statuses: Fatigued(two rounds)

Edie is actually less confused.

"We ran into an elf wizard who gave us a teleport out. We took it, but then saw that you had nobody by your vehicles so we came back in looking for you. Were the rocks down when you went to sleep?"

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 13/13| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 3/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto looks at the blocked tunnel.

Guess we need the picks again.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Cel)|HP: 11/12|AC: 18/T:11/ FF: 17|F: +4/R:+1/W: +2|CMB:+1|CMD: 12/11FF|BAB: +1|Init:+1|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per:+6|Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch):+4|K:Arc/Loc/Spcft:+4|K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 0/6 per Day Statuses: Fatigued(two rounds)

"Anyone got a pipeweed igniter or a match?" I'm thinking that there's another exit here because blocking off the only exit like that doesn't fit what kobolds would do -- they'd have to dig it back out again to get any sort of access." Edie offers as she continues to check on the officers. If they're up, she starts taking a painstakingly slow approach to trying to find something hidden in this room.


Consortium Compact Slides

Alkimen shrugs. "Barely paid attention to that side of the room at the time. Went out to call for backup while Chief scouted ahead, and the 'bolds got feisty when I tried to get back in. Wasn't able to do it until the squad arrived. Last I remember, we were taking 'em into custody so they couldn't interfere with our rescue and then all of a sudden I felt like I was back in the family barracks."

He takes a few steps over and kneels by the kobold officer.

"Oi, Fregna. Got a rock problem for you," he says, shaking her shoulder. She gr-r-rehs as she sits up.

"Can you clear that entrance?" he asks, pointing toward it.

The kobold is on her feet in a flash, toddling over to it and rubbing her scaly mitts together. She holds her hands out and gr-r-rowls a bit more, and the a hole slowly opens in the center, slowly opening wider. Eventually, it's a good-as-new tunnel, and Officer Fregna looks pleased with herself, walking back to the squad (four more officers having been roused).

"Excellent. Fregna, take Baylor with you," says Alkimen, pointing to a rising wolf-headed woman, whose nose twitches. "Find Reynard."

He turns back to the group, as the rest of the officers take it upon themselves to wake the remaining sleepers.

"Elf wizard, huh? Sounds like a suspect. It's not exactly violent, but sleeping police officers is still a crime. Any connection to that issue you were dealing with before you skedaddled?"


|Wizard/Diviner: 1|HP: 7/7|AC:13/T:13/FF:10|F:+1/R:+3/W:+4|CMB:+0|CMD:13|BAB:+0|Init:+8|Darkvision |Res Elec: 7|Perception:+6|Know(Arcana/Engineering+7|Spellcraft+7|Stealth+12 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience used: 3/6

Keeyan watches as the kobold opens the passage through the rock pile. "That's useful. But what put you all to sleep? A regular sleep spell doesn't last that long. Usually just long enough to ki... I mean long enough to run away, and hopefully get enough distance so you can't be followed."

"Ah Chant? His body was in stasis below. And somehow his.... soul? was in the documents. He, ah, possessed me, leading us down to his body. Any idea when those legal documents were drawn up? They likely were a subterfuge to get Chant back to his body."

"Hey! Look for kobold tracks. Did they go in? Or did Chant leave and take his.... soldiers away?"


Consortium Compact Slides

Alkimen's brow furrows, and he turns to one of the rising officers-- a gnome with bright, fire engine red hair.

"I'm no spellcrafter myself," he explains. "Handyflask, what's your thoughts?"

The gnome approaches, thumb and finger on their chin. "Tocco di sonno, maybe?" they offer, "but that depends. Touch of sleep in English, I think. That's a fairly advanced spell."

Alkimen sighs. "If he can teleport the lot of you out from somewhere in these mines, he can probably teleport himself far, far away from here. We'll put a BOLO out for him and the 'bolds, but I'm worried he's long gone. Maybe halfway to Canada by now. Maybe all the way to Canada, hell."

"This whole thing smells like the kind of magic I don't like."

He heaves another sigh and gives Keeyan a long, hard look. "You feeling all right, then? Don't have any old elf wizard scraps rattling around in your soul stuff?"

601 to 630 of 630 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeons, Drive-Ins and Dives Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.