Dungeons, Dine-Ins, and Dives: A Modern Fantasy Campaign

Game Master VixieMoondew

A modern campaign with heavy fantasy flavor; our heroes decide to take a break from desk jobs, retail, and food service to take a chance on the original gig economy: becoming adventurers!

SLIDES!
LOOT!


401 to 450 of 794 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan glances at Klyto when he hears him ask for Chant. "Sorry but it's just me in here now.... Since we're in crude tunnels, dark and such, I'd lay a guess that ahead would be something that is fine being down here. Dark, moist and likely lacking food.... Sounds like they're moving slow and stupid, so.... possibly zombies? I wonder if my crossbow would hurt them?"

With that said Keeyan will ready his crossbow.


Consortium Compact Slides

I'm gonna call it initiative order at this point, since you're aware of something over there. Slide 5 is up, feel free to organize yourselves within the tunnel so long as you stay behind the blue line.

Belladonna: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Edie: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Keeyan: Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Klyto: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Round 1:

Keeyan
Edie
Klyto
Belladonna

Whatever's around the corner isn't acting yet. First person to round the corner, please feel free to right-click the map and select "Send to Back" to reveal whatever you're about to find!


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Not being a physical type, Keeyan holds back, crossbow ready, and follows whoever wants to move forward.

I'm at work and the firewall seems to be blocking whatever is on slide 5. All I get is a white screen. Holding my crossbow ready (elevated so I'm not aiming at someone's back) but staying behind the others waiting to see what is around the bend. Should we be rolling stealth or perception?


Consortium Compact Slides

You're welcome to roll stealth if you want to take a sneaky approach-- or just peek around the corner without alerting them. As a big fan of stealth, I'm inclined to use the proposed update to Stealth that never got fully implemented.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is trying to Be Sneaky! It is Not Very Effective!

Edie scoots up, axe at her side as she tries to see what is down the corridor, and to be ready in case whatever it is charges at the party. This should buy time for Klyto and Bella to get ready.

Stealth: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

5' up, glance down corridor, Ready to Axe a Question if something gets within reach.

Axe a Question:
Greataxe(Readied): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Consortium Compact Slides

What Edie sees is about what Keeyan expected: three undead with pointy ears, swaying slowly in place. Their heads are turned toward the tunnel that contains the party (and one even is making perfect eye contact with Edie), but they don't seem to have registered that there are people there yet.

In this setting, zombies are well-known enough that one may glean knowledge about them from movies rather than religious study. That said, religious study is likely to be more accurate than Hollywood...

Knowledge (local):

DC5
Spoiler:
You know that these are zombies, slow-moving creatures that can most readily be dispatched by any sort of blow to the head.

DC10
Spoiler:
Well, that's not always true-- some zombies move very quickly, unhindered by the restraint living creatures (that aren't Barbarians) put on themselves.

DC15
Spoiler:
You realize that getting your knowledge from zombie movies is probably not helpful in this situation.

Knowledge (religion):

DC6
Spoiler:
That is definitely an elven zombie.

DC11
Spoiler:
Bludgeoning and piercing weapons will do poorly against zombies.

DC16
Spoiler:
You may ask one additional question about elf zombies.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is shocked.

The tiefling holds up three fingers, pointing down the corridor, then makes motions on the sides of her face to indicate the pointy ears, then extends her arm out and looks like a dead tired worker.

K:Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Are there any other important things to know about pointy-eared zombies?

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto slides up next to Edie.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 2 = 13


Consortium Compact Slides

Besides one of them wearing rusty full plate, which I meant to mention in my previous post and forgot...

Given that these are zombies made from elves rather than the more commonly-used human zombies, one can expect these to be a little lighter on their feet. Elven zombies are particularly rare, as elves have long since instituted a "burn any dead you don't plan on reviving" policy-- specifically to avoid the possibility of elven undead, as elves see this as a disgusting perversion of their longevity.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan follows about 5' behind.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Knowledge(HaHaHa!!!): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Just rolling for fun as untrained in either!


Consortium Compact Slides
Keeyan Rayahn wrote:
Just rolling for fun as untrained in either!

I believe that Knowledge untrained caps at DC10, so you can read Knowledge (local) up to DC10. If you want to roll Religion, you can do that too :P

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Knowledge(Local, untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Knowledge(Religion, untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

After observing for a moment Klyto steps around the corner, hammer braced against the expected attacks.

Figuring the zombies could use a nudge he calls out.

Well come on now, I haven't got all day.

Readied, Attack against a charge:

Attack, Shadow Speaker, Brace: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 3 = 14

Damage, Brace: 2d10 + 8 ⇒ (10, 4) + 8 = 22


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella moves up behind Klyto and says,"All I can do in this is heal. But only once each..."


Consortium Compact Slides

At being called to, the zombies' attention snaps upon your group with much more focus; the one in plate stands behind the other two, but begins shamble-pushing his way to the front!

...He'll get there.

Eventually.

Keeyan can shoot him-- or one of his buddies-- with that fancy crossbow first, if he likes.

Red Zed Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Blue Zombie Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Green Zombie Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Round 2:

Keeyan
Red Zombie
Edie
Blue Zombie
Klyto
Belladonna
Green Zombie


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Seeing the zombies start moving toward the party sends waves of creepy tingling up Keeyan's back. He does his best to focus as he aims his crossbow at the closest non-armored one and pulls the trigger.

To hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Seeing the bolt fly past without even touching the enemy he curses and starts reloading.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie wonders if any of these are elves are Keeyan's brain-buddy's former college room-mates

"Slashing attacks better, may be 28-day type." Edie explains at her general assessment of their capabilities.

The tiefling steps up and readies her axe to swing at something that comes in reach, if they make it past Klyto's polearm.

Ready To Axe a Question?:

Greataxe: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Damage: 1d12 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Consortium Compact Slides

Keeyan:
I have not seen combat in two centuries. Is missing by a country mile part of more advanced tactics, or have your hands recently used the wrong end of a butter churner recently?

The plated zombie begins to move in a shambling jog that sounds horrid with his rusty armor. Without a proper self-preservation instinct, it charges into Klyto's polearm--

--the business end of which sticks to the rust for a moment before being shoved to the side by the curve of the armor and the undead's advance.

"GGGGGGGGGAFFFFF......" moans the zombie, arms raising to attack--

--before he's caught right across the chest, torn asunder from armpit to armpit, by Edie's axe. When she pulls her axe back out of the zombie's torso (the blade now quite covered in old gore), the creature is still... well, "alive" is perhaps not the right word.

Animate?

Animate.

The very animate zombie raises its arms once more, this time a little faster, and bashes Klyto with its plated fists.

Slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Oh shoot
Slamage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Round 2:

Keeyan
Red Zombie -10HP
Edie
Blue Zombie
Klyto -5HP
Belladonna
Green Zombie


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is very angry that her travelling companion got hurt!

"Oh, NO you DON'T!" Edie bellows as she gets angry at Klyto getting hit.

Free Action: Enter Bloodrage

Axing Moar Questions of Plate!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Consortium Compact Slides

Edie's clearly still a little bit off-balance from wrenching her axehead from a zombie's rusty plate and decaying body. Her next swing doesn't even hit armor-- perhaps she was aiming for a decapitation? Regardless, it goes high, and Edie nearly smashes the wall beside her as she overswings.

Perhaps seeing this opportunity (but more likely being a mindless corpse seeking to murder something in its path), the blue zombie rushes in, throwing itself at Edie!

Slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Slamage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Thankfully, it doesn't do much beyond making Edie perhaps a little uncomfortable.

Round 2

Keeyan
Red Zombie -10HP
Edie
Blue Zombie
Klyto -5HP
Belladonna

Green Zombie

The bold may act!

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

AoO vs Plate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Damage, Bludgeoning: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Slashing? Ok

Klyto drops his hammer letting it fade from existence as a falchion forms in his hands.

Attack Plate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Damage, Slashing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Consortium Compact Slides

Did I say the zombie slams Klyto? I meant to say it tries to, but a slam with the hammer knocks the top half of the creature's torso onto the ground; there's a horrible crunch as the axe wound expands, and the rest of the zombie follows to the floor a second or two after.

Bella!


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella will move up to behind Edie and fire her bow at the zombie still in the back...

To Hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Damage: 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6


Consortium Compact Slides

Edie's big swings create a problem, and her elbow nudges the limb of Bella's bow out of alignment just as Bella's loosing the arrow; her shot goes short, hitting the cavern floor and skittering along until it hits the far wall!

That would have hit, but there's some pretty heavy cover in the way.

Perhaps driven to action by the arrow skidding its way, perhaps simply lured by all the noise, the remaining, green-tinged zombie charges in!

Zombie Charge Slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Though the zombie connects with Klyto, the wayang's armor is too thick; the leather cushions the blow just enough that Klyto feels just fine.

Round 3

Keeyan
Red Zombie (Dead)
Edie
Blue Zombie
Klyto -5HP
Belladonna
Green Zombie

The bold may act!


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is fighting right now. She'll give an emotional status update once she has stopped being an angry ball of rage SOON*.

Greataxe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Edie takes an enraged swing at the zombie that has the audacity to close at the party. She's frothing in a rather unprofessional fashion.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Hearing the voice in his head ridiculing his shot he replies, "No! Missing by a country mile isn't part of advanced tactics in this or any other century. Now will you let me concentrate and try to hit!?!"

Realizing the rest of the party didn't hear the other half of the conversation he focuses on his divination powers to aim and....

Prescience: 1d20 ⇒ 2 Useless!

Crossbow Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Assuming the 12 doesn't hit either.... "Crap! I need to focus to hit. I can't be answering the nagging!"


Consortium Compact Slides

Keeyan's bolt manages to fly right between his allies and the zombies.

Having hit Bella's bow with her elbow earlier, Edie's swing is just a little too far, and she mostly just hits the zombie's shoulder with the haft.

Keeyan:
Ah, I see. Have you perhaps considered aiming before you fire? I have not used something so uncivilized as the dwarfbow in my life, but I would assume the principles are much the same.

Zombie Slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Thankfully, the undead are having similar problems. Maybe it's simply too cramped to get a good hit in?

Round 3

Keeyan
Red Zombie (Dead)
Edie
Blue Zombie
Klyto -5HP
Belladonna

Green Zombie

Klyto and Belladonna may act!

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

The weapon in Klyto's hands stretches and he is left holding what appears to be an oversized katana as he swings again at the blue zombie.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Damage, Slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Attack, Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Damage, Slashing: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The change in grip suits him, though the blade doesn't cut as deeply as he hoped.


Consortium Compact Slides

Well, oversized for you ;D

A thin, broad slice covers the zombie's middle, which opens wide as the creature shuffles.

It's, like, really gross. I'll spare you the details, but... ew.

It suddenly smells worse than it already did, though, that much is for certain.

Round 3

Keeyan
Red Zombie (Dead)
Edie
Blue Zombie -7HP
Klyto -5HP
Belladonna
Green Zombie

Bella is up!


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella makes a odd gesture with her hand that gain a shadowy aura. She touches Kylto's back...

Healing Hex: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Consortium Compact Slides

Klyto, no stranger to shadows, feels a comforting hand between his shoulder blades (Bella has to crouch a little bit for this).

Klyto:
You hear whispers in your ear, but cannot decipher them; they seem to overlap, like many people whispering quickly at once.

A familiar feeling creeps through Klyto's body; it feels... rejuvenating. Like everything that is comforting about the darkness, pushing flesh and blood into his wounds until they are fully closed.

Slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

It seems so powerful, even the zombie directly in front of him cannot renew the damage!

Round 4

Keeyan
Edie

Blue Zombie -7HP
Klyto
Belladonna
Green Zombie

Keeyan and Edie may act!


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is still fighting. Still [color=red]angry[/color]. Talk to you later!

Edie growls and spits at the greener of the two zombies, taking a swing at it with the axe! [color=red]"NOYOUCAN'TRETURNLIQUORWITHOIUTARECIEPT!!"[/color]

Greataxe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Damage: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Consortium Compact Slides

Edie's axe-swing is too high to hit Klyto, barely misses the one with the blue tattered shirt, and notches very nicely into the side of the one that seems to have some algae going on.

It slams into the cave wall, axe buried halfway into its ribcage from the side, and makes a rasping groan.

Keeyan!


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Annoyed at his missing almost as much as the commentary Keeyan continues, "Well at least I'm trying. Now will you please stop distracting me so I CAN AIM!" He quickly loads and glances at the future while he aims....

Prescience roll: 1d20 ⇒ 18 That's more like it!

Crossbow attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 That might have hit, but make it a 21!
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Consortium Compact Slides

The crossbow bolt hits the zombie in the bicep...

...and passes right through. The undead now has a hole in it, but it doesn't seem to mind it overmuch.

Keeyan:
Kids these days...

Slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The zombie once again tries to throw itself at Klyto, but is easily turned aside, hitting a bit of wall instead!

Keeyan
Edie
Blue Zombie -7HP
Klyto
Belladonna

Green Zombie

The bold can act!

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto takes a firm grip and swings with all his might.

Attack, Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 1 = 10

Damage, Power Attack: 1d8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 = 11

but the swing is wild, cutting nothing but air.


Consortium Compact Slides

What happens is a lot like that diagram of someone saying, "Wow, cool robot!" and an image of a gundam lobbing "war is bad" over their head, except in this case, it's a zombie saying "EEEEEEE" in a low, gutteral sound and instead of "war is bad," it's a nodachi.


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella sighs...,"I can't do anything to them unless I touch them..."

Hold Action


Consortium Compact Slides

Slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Their cold, dead hearts simply aren't in it today, it seems.

Keeyan
Edie

Blue Zombie -7HP
Klyto
Belladonna
Green Zombie

Keeyan and Edie!


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Seeing how useless the crossbow bolt had been Keeyan calls on his magic, hoping for better.

Acid Splash on the closest zombie. Ranged touch attack, damage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d3 ⇒ 2 Oh well! Of 20 rolls in the past week I don't remember above a 12! and most were below 10.

Seeing the orc completely miss the target he just mutters "Oh just zip it! I know I missed, AGAIN!"

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Keeyan, scoot back. I'm going to make room for Bella to use positive energy on them.


Consortium Compact Slides

To make it easier, I'm happy to let Keeyan ready a 5-foot step for when Bella moves forward, so y'all can do a handy switcheroo.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Aiming for Keeyan back, Klyto slash n back up, Bella forward with a Charlie Murphy impression.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie really isn't sure about this *unprintable* ass axe!

She ferociously hews at the greener of the two, spittle still flying angrily. If it goes down, she will firmly step into it's place and provide Bella the space she needs to do her thing.

Feel free to move token if Edie had the desired effect as a 5' move into Green's spot.

Greataxe: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Damage(Slashing): 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Rage Counter: 2/6 remaining for the day

Also, thought I hit green last turn, but the damage seemed to erase?


Consortium Compact Slides

That's what I get for having posted that one on my phone and counted on Future Nine-Tuiles to remember it! Either way, it was alive until now...

Good hews, everyone!

Edie pulls her axe out of the zombie's ribcage, pulls it back and takes one more swing-- which handily decapitates it. With a quick shoulder bump, it falls to the ground, unmoving.

"EEHH-RRRRRR...." moans the remaining zed, who tries to throw itself at the raging celestial tiefling.

Slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Slamage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
OOF

Its fingers grasp Edie's shoulders and the creature slams her into the wall; Edie has a moment where everything seems to be ringing, and feels something wet on the back of her head.

Keeyan
Edie -9HP

Blue Zombie -7HP
Klyto
Belladonna

Klyto and Bella are up, followed by Keeyan and Edie!

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Ever shifting the shadow blade in Klyto's hands now follows the form of a scimitar.

Klyto looks to the zombie's shadow for a spot of vulnerability as he swings in.

Attack, Scimitar, Shadow Speaker: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 3 = 14

Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Consortium Compact Slides

There's a wheezing shriek as the scimitar lodges in the creature's middle; Klyto leans into it, forcing his weight behind it, and there's a kind of sickening crunch as he finds (and forces through) its spine.

The undead falls to the ground in two pieces, and there is now a pretty solid line of gore in this hallway... but nothing much when it comes to threats.

Party Status
Keeyan
Edie -9HP
Klyto
Belladonna


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella will touch Edie with that shadowy hand...

Healing Hex: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Drc)|HP: 24/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie got Touched!

With all the opponents down, Edie is looking for more and hyperventilating a bit as she tries to calm herself. It's only because her grip slipped on her blood and gore-soaked waraxe that she didn't even begin to swing at Bella, and the JUMP from the reaction probably speaks volumes about her current emotional and physical state.

...everything HURTS. Ow, my wingies!

The gothly healing, though, seems to take the edge off as the tiefling pants heavily, trying to recover her senses.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Edie, you alright? Need a CLoWa or a LaCure before we head deeper?

401 to 450 of 794 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeons, Drive-Ins and Dives Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.