Dungeons, Dine-Ins, and Dives: A Modern Fantasy Campaign

Game Master VixieMoondew

A modern campaign with heavy fantasy flavor; our heroes decide to take a break from desk jobs, retail, and food service to take a chance on the original gig economy: becoming adventurers!

SLIDES!
LOOT!


51 to 100 of 941 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella grabs the spell Component pouch a d says in elven to Starwing,"Guard the cart."

She starts heading to the location and says to Edie, "Coming?"


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg2(Drc)|HP: 22NL/24NL 22*/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is confused. No, NOT that Confused!

There is a certain mode that those-who-shop enter, where they see the zone of what they are looking for, and the exclusion of other things.

There is a certain mode that those-who-work-retail enter, where they tune out everything said over the intercomm unless it specifically calls them out or their workstation out by name.

These things are not aided by an intercomm that was probably last updated during the Persian Gulf War.

Edie is shaken from her distraction by Bella's comment, and blinks. "Time to check out already?" she mumbles as a bit of nonsense then pushes the cart along to head on up to the front... I still haven't gotten a lot of camping gear. I hope whatever group I end up with does some work in a town or village...

When the announcement repeats, with the focus now less on 'shopping' Edie hears it and immediately makes the translation of the garbled overhead words. She then immediately picks up her pace, ducking down aisles left and right to avoid clumps of customers. Then she puts the cart up on two wheels at a couple of points to avoid miscellaneous displays or customer carts that are in said aisles.

One constant of 'adventuring' is that the mindset is quite different from the almost 'casual' pace of retail work by comparison. When the trail of folks that are making a determined course towards the area that she had the concern about earlier she changes course and starts charting out a mental route to get close, ducking through Lingerie, side-stepping through Linens, and cutting hard at Footwear.


Consortium Compact Slides

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 13
1d8 ⇒ 3

There is a sharp twang and, at nearly the same moment, a dull thud in Klyto's bones as a sharp pain pierces his back shoulder.

"GO 'WAY!" shouts the goblin again, as Initiative is rolled.

Initiatives:

Basil: Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Belladonna: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Edie: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Keeyan: Initiative: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Klyto: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Zika: Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Zika's Dad: Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Red Gob: Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Blue Gob: Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Green Gob: Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Jeron: Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

The goblin to the right of the more talkative goblin leaps up onto the box fort, wearing a Superman onesie and brandishing a short sword. Hoping to take care of the intruder before he recovers from his crossbow wound, he hops down to the tile and lashes out!

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 15

Thankfully, as he leans forward to swing his blade, he overshoots himself and just kind of bops his wrist against Klyto's knee.

ROUND 1:
Keeyan
Blue Gob
Klyto -3HP
Green Gob
Red Gob
Zika's Dad
Jeron
Edie
Basil
Zika
Belladonna

Note for Keeyan, Edie, Basil, and Zika: you will arrive on-scene at the beginning of the next round, unless you decide not to. Feel free to draw a weapon or cast a 1-standard-action spell during this movement without slowing down your arrival.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 -4 NL | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 5/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Hearing what he can only believe is the sounds of battle Keeyan again taps out a command on his phone and gets ready to move into combat.

Casting Adhesive Spittle. Next round he will try to move to the 15' range of the spell and target the closest goblin with the equivalent of a tanglefoot bag. Reflex DC14 save. Crossbow carried in his off hand.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto steps away from the goblin attempting to stab him and brings his hammer down on the crossbow wielder as hard as he can, using the shadows to guide his hand,

Attack, Lucerne Hammer form, Shadow Speaker, Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 3 = 11
Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 3 = 17

though he only ends up knocking some things off the shelf.


Consortium Compact Slides

The shoutier goblin hops up on the wall of the box fort to reveal that he is, in fact, naked as can be, his green flesh on display for all to see. He holds a very well-made dagger in one hand, a tag dangling from the ring on the pommel.

He raises his dagger above his head and brings it down on the wayang from higher ground!

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 14
1d3 ⇒ 1

The dagger slashes across Klyto's cheek; a glancing blow, but a very visible one, and the blood starts to run down toward his jaw.

The goblin wearing the Cardinals hat on his bulbous head ducks back under the wall, using the cover to avoid another blow from Klyto as he cranks another bolt into the crossbow. Hoping to dissuade the half-orc in the back, he takes a shot.

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 4

The shot hits one of the toilet seats on the shelves, which cracks down the middle under the sudden impact.

As chaos breaks out, the goblins begin to chant in... well, "unison" is a bit of a strong word here, but...

"Goblins tear and goblins bite!
Goblins love spinny blue light!"

ROUND 1:
Keeyan
Blue Gob
Klyto -4HP
Green Gob
Red Gob
Zika's Dad
Jeron
Edie
Basil
Zika
Belladonna

Jeron shouts over his shoulder as they run and several more of you join him, crossbow loaded and in-hand. "Goblins moved in when we shut down the DIY section to consolidate floorspace! Haven't been much trouble, but I was going to put up a notice to see if anyone could scare 'em off or something! Sounds like something's got them agitated, though!"

Shoppers begin keeping their distance from the DIY section and all the chaos, though one human man pulls out his phone and starts obviously recording.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 -4 NL | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 5/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Seeing the chaotic situation almost makes Keeyan want to laugh. But the weapons the little goblins were using were real, and there was already blood! He runs up and SPITS at the closest goblin. (Blue)

Adhesive Spittle at the Blue goblin. Essentially he is hit by a small Tanglefoot Bag. It does not require the ranged touch attack, but his save is DC14 Reflex or he is stuck in place for 2d4 rounds with minuses to attack and DEX. If he does save he can move at half speed but is still stuck in the goo (minuses to attack and DEX apply) until he scrapes it off.


At the sight of the goblins, Zika starts pulling back on the string of her new bow. "Okay," she says to herself, "You've got this. Just like the targets back home."

Feeling nervous, she begins to hum an old Fey lullaby to herself, as she draws back the bowstring, when the spirit of her father appears before her. "What are you-" he starts to ask, seeing her holding the bow, before he follows her eye line towards the goblins. Furious, now, he says only "We will discuss this later." before launching himself at the creatures.

Going for the green goblin

Slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Crit?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Crit Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Yikes. Let this be a lesson not to mess with fathers' daughters.

Melancholic Apparation is down to 5 / day


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg2(Drc)|HP: 22NL/24NL 22*/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is lyrical!

"Goblins need help? We'll spank the whelp! Put the product down, 'ere we put you in th' groun'!"

She is trying to be diplomatic for a given measure of diplomacy in her singsong, she'd rather not go on UScry as a bloodthirsty devilette.

Edie pulls the axe out of the cart and rests it across the top of her winglets as she jogs towards the troubled area.


Male Aphorite Antiquarian 1

posting from phone so I can't really move myself

Just in time to cover Klyto, Basil takes one step forward so gets two out of three goblins within reach. He then takes a stab at the front one.

Move One step forward.
Standard Attack south most goblin.
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Consortium Compact Slides

Scooted you north a step! Zika, until I get a picture of your dad to use, I have placed Bob Belcher on the field. Make of that what you will. Also noting: I didn't specify that Zika's Dad was not yet on the scene, so I'll let that action stand. :P

As Jeron and the would-be adventurers arrive on the scene, Zika's ghostly father charges shoulder-first into the naked goblin, who takes the blow right in the chin and goes flying off the top of the box fort, slotting neatly into one of the shelves in the back, and finding himself quite unconscious.

Keeyan-- more ready for action than the rest of the living folks by a country mile-- belches forth a wad of tar. It looks absolutely nasty.

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 17

With a sound not unlike a surprised chicken, the goblin in the Superman onesie does a little hop of surprise, dancing out of the way of the sticky goo. He still takes it on the shoulder, though, and it makes the arm of his pajamas cling to the torso.

Perhaps spotting an opportunity, Basil's longspear lunges forward; as the goblin dances out of the way, Basil is only successful in getting a little goo on the side of the spearhead.

Hoping for revenge-- and ignoring the ghost that just restocked his fellow gob-- Supergob steps toward Basil, lunging forward with his short sword!

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 5

His swipe is distinctly underextended, however, what with the chicken wing shape his arm has been forced into.

Perception: 8d20 ⇒ (4, 13, 13, 10, 17, 11, 8, 9) = 85

Everyone but Keeyan hears a door opening somewhere not too far off in the northwest, and some generic goblin noises.

ROUND 2:
Keeyan
Blue Gob, entangled
Klyto -4HP
Green Gob -8HP, KO'd
Red Gob
Zika's Dad
Jeron
Edie
Basil
Zika
Belladonna

Klyto is up!

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto takes a step back and tries to poke at the goblin behind the shelves.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Sticking the goblin firmly with the pointy end he turns to the remaining green skin and warns him.

Go 'way. My store now. No more gobs.


Consortium Compact Slides

The red goblin spreads his feet and bends his knees, ready to get out of the way of a hammer blow, and is quite surprised when he is instead impaled.

"Oog!

He falls to the floor, the bill of his cap pushing off of his head with a little help from the box fort.

GM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 19
1d20 ⇒ 9
1d20 ⇒ 15
1d8 ⇒ 2

The naked goblin on the shelf twitches occasionally; the goblin formerly wearing the Cardinals cap lies still and bleeds on the rug.

"Weren't there more of these guys?" asks Jeron, trotting forward. As the Supergob turns his head to respond to Klyto, he finds the butt of a crossbow making rapid contact with his cranium, and recoils in pain.

ROUND 2:
Keeyan
Blue Gob, entangled, -5HP
Klyto -4HP
Green Gob -8HP, KO'd
Red Gob, -12HP, KO'd
Zika's Dad
Jeron
Edie
Basil
Zika
Belladonna

Everyone but Klyto is up!


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 -4 NL | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 5/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Prescience Roll: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Prescience To be used for Perception (+6) for the sound of possible reinforcements? since I didn't hear the door open.... Hard to use in PBP!

With a smirk at the tarred goblin Keeyan brings his crossbow up and fires at it.

Crossbow shot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg2(Drc)|HP: 22NL/24NL 22*/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is Entering Combat!

Edie takes off for the sound of the door, ready to axe the goblin invaders some sharp questions!!

"Flanks! Watch for shortshanks!"

Double Move, Edie did not have time to put armor on, so it's just what she's got normally.


Consortium Compact Slides

Keeyan, I'll allow it. I agree that it's hard to use in PBP-- very easily abusable! Maybe we should have a Discord discussion to figure out how best to handle it in the future?

As Edie rounds the corner, she spies five goblins pouring through the door!

Edie, as you would have seen them long before finishing your movement, you may (if desired) retroactively scoot yourself to any point between your current position and the edge of the aisle.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg2(Drc)|HP: 22NL/24NL 22*/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is a bit concerned...

I can't see her stopping given how much the rest of the party is beating on the other goblins.

"Five more here! Give me a hand?"


GM Nine-Tuiles wrote:
Scooted you north a step! Zika, until I get a picture of your dad to use, I have placed Bob Belcher on the field. Make of that what you will. Also noting: I didn't specify that Zika's Dad was not yet on the scene, so I'll let that action stand. :P

Haha, Bob Belcher is perfect. And yeah it probably shouldn't have been so instant, but it felt too thematic for me to pass up.

Zika's father takes more swings at the remaining blue goblin, muttering some fey curses at it as he does so.

Slam Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Slam Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Hearing Edie call out, and seeing the goblins before her already mostly laid to waste, Zika latches onto the opportunity for her to be of more use, and slinks away from the rest, moving quickly to catch up with the tiefling (and get there before her father notices).

Old Man Papa, full-round action for Slam 2x. Zika free action to maintain "performance" (down to 4 uses), and otherwise double move against the wall to come up behind Edie.


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella chases after Edie...following close behind her. Seeing the mass of goblins she says,"Can you hold them for a second? I got a spell."

I can't seem to move myself on that map...if you can move me to two squares behind Edie I would be greatful...and I imagine Edie will be greatful also as I have healing...


Consortium Compact Slides

As Keeyan's crossbow bolt finds its mark, Zika's ghostly father's fist glances awkwardly off the onesie'd goblin, but his second blow crumples him to the floor, bleeding from the bolt in his hip.

GM Screen:

2d20 ⇒ (7, 12) = 19
YGob: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
PGob: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
OGob: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
CGob: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
BGob: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

ROUND 2:
Keeyan
Orange Gob
Klyto -4HP
Yellow Gob
Cyan Gob
Black Gob
Zika's Dad
Purple Gob
Jeron
Edie
Basil
Zika
Belladonna

Basil is up, and the new gobs have been added to the initiative order! KO'd gobs have been removed to keep the initiative block from swelling.


Male Aphorite Antiquarian 1

Hearing the sound of more goblins a little further in the shop Basil makes a move to go past the boxes.

Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Move Crossing over the boxes and moving as close as possible to the goblins up to them being in reach of the longspear. Assuming I succeeded at the I think I could get the light blue goblin within reach. Sadly the moving is still a drama from my phone.


Consortium Compact Slides

GM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 11

Basil doesn't have any trouble at all, vaulting over the boxes like he was born to it. As he (and the others) get within range, they see that many of these goblins are unarmed.

For the moment, anyway. The orange goblin grabs a toilet seat off the shelf beside him and wings it at the swiftly-approaching aphorite with the longspear, provoking an AoO from Basil.

Regardless of Basil's success with the AoO, the toilet seat is much too heavy for the goblin, and it hits one of the shelves, chipping but not even breaking.

ROUND 3:
Keeyan
Orange Gob
Klyto -4HP
Yellow Gob
Cyan Gob
Black Gob
Zika's Dad
Purple Gob
Jeron
Edie
Basil
Zika
Belladonna

Klyto is up!


Male Aphorite Antiquarian 1

Spotting an opening in one of the goblin's defenses Basil struck with his spear.

Attack of Opportunity
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Consortium Compact Slides

Basil spends a perhaps-inordinate amount of time setting up his spearman stance, and the goblin almost has time to bring his toilet seat into a full swing before the antiquer lunges forward, plunging his spearhead and a few inches of haft through the goblin's ribs.

Ever the one to focus on the proper stances and not yet the master of getting them to flow properly, Basil has trouble pulling his spear out, as the goblin's body has twisted around it as it fell.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Klyto easily scrambles over the boxes and rushes to back up Basil.


Consortium Compact Slides

GM Screen:
3d20 ⇒ (17, 9, 1) = 27

The goblin in the sweet yellow kicks runs toward Klyto, provoking an AoO! as he tries (and succeeds!) to wrench the awesome weapon of hardened shadows from his hands (provided he is not a goblin-colored smear on the floor from that AoO).

Another goblin, this one with the most beautiful light blue eyes, closes the gap with Edie, swinging a pipe wrench. Though it seems she knows more-or-less how to swing it properly, Edie knocks it off-course with the butt of her axe.

Meanwhile, the goblin in the Batman onesie approaches Basil, swinging a briefcase full of tools at him under the reasoning that if one hammer hurts to get hit with, a padded case full of hammers, wrenches, and screwdrives should hurt many times as much.

He's wrong, of course, and the side of the case plumpfs harmlessly off Basil's leg.

ROUND 3:
Keeyan
Orange Gob -11HP, KO
Klyto -4HP
Yellow Gob
Cyan Gob
Black Gob
Zika's Dad
Purple Gob
Jeron
Edie
Basil
Zika
Belladonna

Zika's Dad is up!

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

AoO, Shadow Speaker, Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 3 - 1 = 23
Damage, Power Attack: 1d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 3 = 10

Klyto wallops the goblin as it greedily reaches for his hammer.


Consortium Compact Slides

Ayup, that one's down.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg2(Drc)|HP: 22NL/24NL 22*/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie's Turn, if it is necessary:

Edie has had her Fight/Flight response activated!

Free Action: Entering Bloodrage

"How might I... TEAR YOUR-- ...help you find Good?" Edie inquires as she goes into a frothing madness whilst her hands glow with a soft gentle Heavenly light.

She drops the axe even as a bit of spittle sprays forth. "Graaaahhhrrr!!"

Despite her vigorous anger, she DOES try to keep her savage claws to 'just' providing backhands to the bright-eyed goblin in front of her.

Claw(Non-lethal): 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 4 = 9

Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Claw(Non-lethal): 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 4 = 17

Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Zika's dad double-moves, scouting out for more goblins and where his daughter has gotten off to.


Consortium Compact Slides

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 11
1d20 ⇒ 15
1d20 ⇒ 10

The goblin with the oversized purple "Live, Laugh, Love" tee raises a small bow, loading a shot and introducing a twang into the cacaphony.

The aluminum-tipped arrow slips between BatGob and Basil, twirling off of the haft of Klyto's fancy shadow weapon.

In the meantime, the manager sprints forward, lowering his shoulder and barreling through the cardboard barrier, leaving it broken and extremely permeable. He takes a moment to brace his crossbow on the next barrier and fires-- though his bolt thuds into one of the fallen goblins instead, who lets out a spasm.

Meanwhile, Edie slaps the cyan-eyed goblin so hard he spins, bouncing off the shelf and landing in a heap on the floor.

ROUND 3 and a little bit ROUND 4:
Keeyan
Orange Gob -11HP, KO
Klyto -4HP
Yellow Gob
Cyan Gob
Black Gob
Zika's Dad
Purple Gob
Jeron
Edie
Basil
Zika
Belladonna


Consortium Compact Slides

Forgot to update the status block! This should be current:

ROUND 3 and a little bit ROUND 4:
Keeyan
Orange Gob -11HP, KO
Klyto -4HP
Yellow Gob -10, KO
Cyan Gob -7NL, KO
Black Gob
Zika's Dad
Purple Gob
Jeron
Edie
Basil
Zika
Belladonna


Male Aphorite Antiquarian 1

Seeing the goblin with a bow(purple) as the bigger nuisance, Basil makes his way towards, though he's careful not to give the other one an opening.
Once within reach he once more lashes out with the spear. Failing miserably he curses under his breath.

Move 5 foot step towards purple gob
Standard Attack purple gob
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 -4 NL | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 5/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Prescience roll: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Continuing the battle Keeyan keeps his mind on his magic as he moves closer to get a good shot, reloading his light crossbow on the move. He takes aim and fires. Noting that the bolt isn't as true as he'd like he uses he prescience to adjust the aim.

Aiming at the purple goblin all by itself.
Crossbow shot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Make that an 18 for Prescience?
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella look at the battlefield and seeing no clumps of Goblins she will elect to cast Daze on the Purple Goblin... Will save at 14


Zika continues moving in the direction of the goblins, looking forward to getting to try out her new bow.

I think the map got messed up at some point. I feel like I should have gotten a lot closer after a double move...


Consortium Compact Slides

Zika, are you moving your token? If you’re not able to, let us know; it’s possible your previous turn didn’t get counted if that’s the case.


Consortium Compact Slides
GM Nine-Tuiles wrote:
Zika, are you moving your token? If you’re not able to, let us know; it’s possible your previous turn didn’t get counted if that’s the case.

I scooted you into bow range; I didn't realize you were one of the rare Small races with 30ft!

Also, I just noticed Orange is down, so aside from a stabilization check, it's now Klyto's turn!

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 10

ROUND 4:
Keeyan
Orange Gob -11HP, KO
Klyto -4HP
Yellow Gob -10, KO
Cyan Gob -7NL, KO
Black Gob
Zika's Dad
Purple Gob
Jeron
Edie
Basil
Zika
Belladonna

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Hammer Time: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Seeing Basil in trouble Klyto takes a swing at the closest gob. Careful not to over swing he thumps it. When it collapses he moves towards the final little greenskin.

Try to keep your distance with that longspear. Steady straight thrusts. I'll show you on the next one.


Consortium Compact Slides

GM Screen:
4d20 ⇒ (7, 15, 20, 4) = 46

BatGob goes down like a Hefty bag of underripe potatoes. While his blood starts leaking out, the one in the purple T-shirt stands around staring at his hands.

Everyone is up!

ROUND 4
Keeyan
Orange Gob -12HP, KO
Klyto -4HP
Yellow Gob -10, KO
Cyan Gob -7NL, KO
Black Gob -12, KO
Zika's Dad
Purple Gob, dazed
Jeron
Edie
Basil
Zika
Belladonna


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg2(Drc)|HP: 22NL/24NL 22*/24|AC: 19/T:12/ FF: 17|F: +5/R:+2/W: +2|CMB:+3|CMD: 15/13FF|BAB: +2|Init:+2|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per/Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch)/K:Loc/Spcft:+4|K: Arc/K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 8/8 per Day Statuses: Had a GREAT night, Deb's Breakfast

Edie is still in Fight/Flight mode!

The tiefling woman's countenance twists between a most sadistic leer and the most angelic of smiles as the pure RAGE that is driving her propels her towards the remaining standing target.

"BE. GOOD! PLEASE!"

Left Claw (Nonlethal): 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 4 = 5

Right Claw (Nonlethal): 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 4 = 14

Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Consortium Compact Slides

The dazed goblin sways just out of Edie’s reach, the enraged woman’s claws coming dangerously close to knocking a few pipes off the shelf before her celestial blood pulls her swipe at the last second!


GM Nine-Tuiles wrote:
Zika, are you moving your token? If you’re not able to, let us know; it’s possible your previous turn didn’t get counted if that’s the case.
GM Nine-Tuiles wrote:
I scooted you into bow range; I didn't realize you were one of the rare Small races with 30ft!

Oh, thank you! I wasn't, but I can do so going forward.

Zika moves a bit closer to Belladonna, drawing her bow and firing an arrow towards the remaining goblin. She watches it soar through the air with a combination of anxiety and excitement.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Zika's father moves between her and the goblin, should the shot miss and it come looking for retribution. His expression is stern, but his eyes betray the deep fear he feels at the possibility of harm coming to her.


Consortium Compact Slides

Zika feels the spring of the bow as the string pulls forward, and the little thok noise of the arrow leaving its nock.

The goblin swaaayyyys to the other side, and the arrow sails past his ear, sticking out of a broken-down cardboard box on the shelf.

Basil, Belladonna, Keeyan, and Klyto! Technically it's Jeron's turn, as well... but I don't want the last hit to go to an NPC so early in the game ;) Not unless you all miss, anyway.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 -4 NL | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 5/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Prescience roll: 1d20 ⇒ 14 Prescience details

Keeyan frowns as a couple of attacks miss the final goblin. He quickly reloads and aims the weapon focusing on his magic as he fires. With his glimpse of the future he adjusts slightly....

Crossbow shot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Adjusted for Prescience: 17 to hit.
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Consortium Compact Slides

Keeyan feels the kick from the crossbow, and with the aid of his arcane ability, everything lines up right.

"Oog!" cries the goblin, still rather out of it but now with a bolt sticking out of his hip, bleeding into the "VE" of his shirt.

He's still standing, at present.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto's hammer fades away and is replaced by a spear matching Basil's, though sized for a small creature.

Go on. Let me see how you do it.

Move action create a longspear, ready an action to poke the goblin if it isn't down after the rest of the group takes their shots


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella will move next to Klyto her hand growing with shadowery energy and reaches out to touch him.. "Let me heal your wounds."

She touches you surprisingly it feels cool and refreshing knits your wounds back together...

Healing Hex: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Aphorite Antiquarian 1

I somehow entirely missed the waiting was on me

Seeing only one goblin left standing Basil steps forward, spear aimed at it. The moment he is within reach he strikes. Once more it's form over function and his strike misses gracefully.

Move 5 ft step towards goblin
Standard Attack last goblin
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Klyto mimics Basil's thrust and frowns.

Have you been learning from YouTube? Twisting the shaft while you thrust is generally a bad idea. You're more likely to ruin the line of the stab than do extra damage.

51 to 100 of 941 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeons, Drive-Ins and Dives Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.