Dungeons, Dine-Ins, and Dives: A Modern Fantasy Campaign

Game Master VixieMoondew

A modern campaign with heavy fantasy flavor; our heroes decide to take a break from desk jobs, retail, and food service to take a chance on the original gig economy: becoming adventurers!

SLIDES!
LOOT!


451 to 500 of 751 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Cel)|HP: 11/12|AC: 18/T:11/ FF: 17|F: +4/R:+1/W: +2|CMB:+1|CMD: 12/11FF|BAB: +1|Init:+1|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per:+6|Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch):+4|K:Arc/Loc/Spcft:+4|K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 0/6 per Day Statuses: Fatigued(two rounds)

Edie is recovering.

"I... *nnngh* ...Cure.... please. ...think I have one in my bags...." she sort of mumbles for a moment or two. She gives Bella a pained yet thankful look. "Thanks for fixing me up a bit."

She also found the whole situation rather disturbing -- she almost swung at Bella, and Bellla was just trying to heal her. It almost feels like her blood is chastising her for her loss of control, while at the same time her gut is telling her that she didn't go nearly far enough in her slaughter.

That, combined with the lovely aroma of the zombies isn't doing her any favors.

"We should check for loose change and other things. The armor on the one might be worth something in raw materials for crafting." she finally offers as her more professional mind starts to kick in.

Appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 14 To start the time-honored tradition of lewt


Consortium Compact Slides

This is your first proper looting, innit? Excellent. :D

Edie takes a few good chugs of her LaCure (or however one is meant to drink sparkling water), and she feels a tingle in the back of her head that feels distinctly more pleasant than the one that was already there. The ringing in her head starts to soften, and the room gets a little less fuzzy.

Once she's had a minute to breathe, she looks over the elven zombies.

The rags that they're dressed in have long developed holes in the pockets (in addition to everywhere else); if they contained anything of value, they could be anywhere in the cave system... though with some luck, maybe they'll be along the veiny shafts you've been going down?

The one in full plate is much more promising.

Though the plate seems like it'll be hard to liberate (having long developed some rust on all the buckles, clasps, etc.), it wouldn't be entirely worthless to do so, though it would likely take some time barring a clever solution.

Moreover, the gauntlets-- while old-- seem to be in pretty good shape, easy enough to remove, and... strangely light, actually. And kind of silvery-blue?

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto takes a look at the armor

Craft (Armor): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

and is pretty sure he can keep the armor mostly intact and remove it by separating some plates instead of the buckles.

The gauntlets...

Appraise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Craft (Armor): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

These look like they may just be mithral, quite the find if he's judged them right.

The plate is pretty standard, worth the trip once on its own, once it's cleaned up. The gauntlets, well, those might be very precious indeed.


Consortium Compact Slides

Klyto is pretty sure those are mithral. In a, “If those gauntlets aren’t mithral, I’ll eat ‘em” level of certainty.

Side note, Edie will be fully healed by the time you’re ready to move forward, if you’re taking the full plate with you!


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Cel)|HP: 11/12|AC: 18/T:11/ FF: 17|F: +4/R:+1/W: +2|CMB:+1|CMD: 12/11FF|BAB: +1|Init:+1|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per:+6|Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch):+4|K:Arc/Loc/Spcft:+4|K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 0/6 per Day Statuses: Fatigued(two rounds)

Edie is feeling much better now, thank you.

Silly GM, LaCure is to be sipped, not guzzled like some CLoWA swill. A refined palate to properly entertain the various hints of flavor in the healing waters with a slight nuance of positive.... er... we digress.

"If we can get the plate that, yeah, it's like worth the whole trip here... and then there's special gauntlets, too? Can anyone see if there's magic residue on them? Maybe we can figure out what they are for, rather than risking turning into a zombie by putting them on?" Edie offers thoughtfully, sipping at her healing drink.


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella seems to be keeping her distance from Edie...

"Just a warning I can't heal Edie or Klyto again today. That is not how the magic works.

Bella than casts Detect Magic and examine the zombies and their items...

Just in case there is anything magic here is a Spellcraft roll to Identify it...

Spellcraft Roll: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Consortium Compact Slides

Bella doesn't find anything magical, aside from the bond of friendship between her and her companions ;)

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto bundles up the plate and the gauntlets before slinging them over his shoulder.

He wanders the room for a moment to make sure it won't get in the way, but keeps an eye out for anything the zombies dropped.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Everybody set? Our host must be waiting further on ahead.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Cel)|HP: 11/12|AC: 18/T:11/ FF: 17|F: +4/R:+1/W: +2|CMB:+1|CMD: 12/11FF|BAB: +1|Init:+1|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per:+6|Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch):+4|K:Arc/Loc/Spcft:+4|K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 0/6 per Day Statuses: Fatigued(two rounds)

Edie is cautious and wary.

"...thank you for the healing. Sorry for..."

The tiefling locks down the axe over her shoulders for the time being.

"...think I'm going to stick with the claws for now. Less chance of hurting a party member badly with them, I think...."

As the party moves forwards, she's *also* keeping a fair bit of distance from Bella -- if Edie got angry again and didn't stop in time...

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan is fuming over his terrible lack of skill in the battle, and glad that his companions were able to handle the undead creatures that he hadn't been able to deal with.

As they strip the armor from the one zombie he casts a cantrip to clean up the rusty pieces, magically polishing the dead flesh and other debris from it. casting Prestidigitation

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 "OK, I think we go that way?"


Consortium Compact Slides

I've added "LOOT!" to the campaign info; feel free to notate!

Presuming that no one has anything else they want to do, they leave three old corpses, freshly re-killed, behind, forging ahead.

It almost goes missed, but for Keeyan's keen eyes; the sylph comes to a sudden stop as he sees two very dusty glass vials, having fallen partway into a crack between lumpy stone.

There's some writing on them that's indecipherable without cleaning them...

...but I'm just going to assume Keeyan's happy to use Prestidigitation again.

Anyone speak Spanish?

Spanish:
One vial is indecipherable, but the other says reduce person.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Looking at the vials

This one says it's Reduce Person, but the other one...

Perception, Identify a potion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

I have no idea.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Cel)|HP: 11/12|AC: 18/T:11/ FF: 17|F: +4/R:+1/W: +2|CMB:+1|CMD: 12/11FF|BAB: +1|Init:+1|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per:+6|Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch):+4|K:Arc/Loc/Spcft:+4|K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 0/6 per Day Statuses: Fatigued(two rounds)

Edie isn't a *professional* alchemist, but she did stay at a pretty awesome bed and breakfast last night!

Edie carefully picks up the unidentified vial and holds it up to any light source the party might be able to provide (as she doesn't have any of her own). Then she'll very carefully and gently pop the cap slightly to get a whiff of the contents.

Craft(Alchemy): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"Hmmm. Liquified iocane powder. Very dangerous. Let's keep it capped for now." she offers with a smirk.

Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

...it's fairly obvious that she doesn't have a clue, either.


Consortium Compact Slides

Before we move forward:

By your estimates and your phones, it has now been approximately one and a half hours since you dropped into the pit-- and told Chief Renard to give you three.

It took you a bit of time to remove the armor and whatnot, so you should have plenty of time, if you want to head back.

Alternately, you may press onward.

Or you can explore all the un-glowing side caves! I'm not the boss of you!


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Cel)|HP: 11/12|AC: 18/T:11/ FF: 17|F: +4/R:+1/W: +2|CMB:+1|CMD: 12/11FF|BAB: +1|Init:+1|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per:+6|Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch):+4|K:Arc/Loc/Spcft:+4|K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 0/6 per Day Statuses: Fatigued(two rounds)

Edie is going to try to be smart!

The tiefling attempts to call and/or send a text to the Chief, with information about the zombies and that the party is still exploring, they should probably grab some lunch or something at this point with the smolfrens little socialists doing a dragon a solid kobolds while they wait.

"Our current task is to find Keeyan's head-room-mate's body. What's the plan when we find it? Do we just gently place your heads together or something?"

EDIT:
Perception(Take 10): 10 + 6 = 16 For the side tunnels for anything shiny as we're passing through that looks reasonably worthwhile and hopefully won't distract us from our timetable.


Consortium Compact Slides

The outgoing message turns red as Edie sends it.

No cell service down here.

Which is concerning, of course, for anyone who casts spells via app: no cell service means no spell service either! Cantrips work fine in offline mode, but...

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Best press on if we're going to get done before they come searching. Anyone bring some scrap paper? We could drop a note on the zombies.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Cel)|HP: 11/12|AC: 18/T:11/ FF: 17|F: +4/R:+1/W: +2|CMB:+1|CMD: 12/11FF|BAB: +1|Init:+1|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per:+6|Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch):+4|K:Arc/Loc/Spcft:+4|K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 0/6 per Day Statuses: Fatigued(two rounds)

Edie is comforted by the intelligence of her party members.

"Good idea. Let's also leave some marks on the walls to show which way we're roughly headed, but not enough to tell any critter with half a brain down here which way we're going, too!"

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Sounds like a plan.

A pick forms in Klyto's hand and he leaves some gouges to indicate the group's path.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan (who also speaks Spanish) verifies the words on the one vial, and studies the other.

Perception or Spellcraft?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

On the clock so pressing onward I think!

"Chant knows the ritual to return himself to his body. Once we get there we.... I mean you all will.... Ah, need to not interfere so I can get him out of my head."


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella thinks for a moment..,"I got a shift Monday so I think leaving a message here and pressing forward is the best option. I mean if we want to have time to mine...or in my case watch you people mine."


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Cel)|HP: 11/12|AC: 18/T:11/ FF: 17|F: +4/R:+1/W: +2|CMB:+1|CMD: 12/11FF|BAB: +1|Init:+1|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per:+6|Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch):+4|K:Arc/Loc/Spcft:+4|K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 0/6 per Day Statuses: Fatigued(two rounds)

Edie is ready to move onwards... no, not die!

"Okay, time to get moving, then. I've got a shower waiting at the bed and breakfast to get the zombie smell out of my nose..."


Consortium Compact Slides

The mine continues without immediate incident, Klyto's gouges leave a handy trail-- if nothing else, it'll help them get back later.

It's another couple of minutes of walking before the group comes upon a cavern wall.

The wall has a spiraling pattern upon it in a gentle blue, scraped into the stone about an inch deep. Three nodes (one at the top, one at the bottom-right, and one in the bottom-left) are arranged around the spiral, each uncolored.

Feel free to investigate, troubleshoot, and roll anything you want to roll!

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Keeyan, any word from Chant on this one?


Consortium Compact Slides

Keeyan:
Gath was always fond of these sorts of puzzles. There should be some chalk around here... although if he planted that decades ago, it may have long since eroded.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan stares at the puzzle, thinking while he listens to the voice in his head. "He thinks that it may be a puzzle. Says Gath might have left some chalk but it is likely long gone now."

He casts a quick cantrip to check for magic. If there is none he moves close to the pattern to inspect it.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Searching to determine how the marks were made (tool marks?) and colored, and if there is any indication that any part of it may be moveable like a button or trigger....

What are we using for light? Dark vision doesn't show color. If we don't have any lights we need to get some now. Prestidigitation can provide candle light but a light spell would be better. ??

"If anyone has something to make additional marks, maybe connecting the outside points.... ?? Or enclosing it in a circle? Or maybe just fill in the nodes!"

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto inspects the nodes for any signs or residues that could show how they were marked before.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Consortium Compact Slides

Mentioned elsewhere but marking here for posterity: keep in mind that the walls are glowing, which gives you enough light to see colors. Not necessarily differentiate similar hues, but enough to work with!

Detect Magic

Keeyan does, in fact, detect a magic aura! The GM doesn't know what this would be, and will need to do a little research. It has an aura of transmutation, let's call it.

Upon casting detect magic, some words appear on the ground just in front of the wall-- thankfully in English.

reservoirs of empty air,
breath of wind, hellwing's flare
to drain the river down to mud,
lock of leaf and shadow's blood

Perception

Looking a little closer, Keeyan sees that the grooves actually have a small, very slight ridge along the middle. They're about an inch and a half wide.

The nodes, Klyto notices, are fairly smooth, but not perfectly round under close inspection.

The blue seems to either be a natural part of the stone or so cleanly-applied that it appears to be.

There does not seem to be a lever, switch, button, or otherwise.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

That's not ominously well fitting at all. Sounds like Keeyan and Edie will take care of the nodes while Bella and I will fill the spiral.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Cel)|HP: 11/12|AC: 18/T:11/ FF: 17|F: +4/R:+1/W: +2|CMB:+1|CMD: 12/11FF|BAB: +1|Init:+1|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per:+6|Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch):+4|K:Arc/Loc/Spcft:+4|K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 0/6 per Day Statuses: Fatigued(two rounds)

Edie is Peturbed!

"Breath of wind, that sounds sort of air-like... Hellwing's flare sounds... er, well, kind of like me. Lock of leaf sounds kinda elf-y, and shadow, that'd be you, Klyto. The more important thing though, before we poke at this.... How the bloody hell did whoever made this know WE were going to be here? Over a hundred years ago?"

Despite her vocal concern, she'll work with the team to try and suss out how the thing works so as not to die horribly.

K: Arcana/Spellcraft (Whichever one is more appropriate): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Consortium Compact Slides
Edie's Horrible Dice wrote:
K: Arcana/Spellcraft (Whichever one is more appropriate): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Golly gee that sure is magic!!! Unless it's not!


Female Elf Witch(Hedge Witch) 2 HP:16| AC:13, TAC:13, FFAC:10| Firt:+0, Ref:+3, Will:+3| CMB:0, CMD:13|Perc.:+5| Init.:+3

Bella looks skeptical..."I don't know I am more shadow than leaf..."


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Cel)|HP: 11/12|AC: 18/T:11/ FF: 17|F: +4/R:+1/W: +2|CMB:+1|CMD: 12/11FF|BAB: +1|Init:+1|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per:+6|Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch):+4|K:Arc/Loc/Spcft:+4|K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 0/6 per Day Statuses: Fatigued(two rounds)

Edie is somewhat subdued...

"Or... it's a magical vaccuum pump, designed to push the water out of a given location through suction/pressure" Edie offers after a few long moments of staring at the inscription and the odd carvings.

"Is it blood we're going to have to donate, we should probably get out a small pocket knife. Not sure if that's what's needed or just touching the buttons.."

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto sighs, Let's give it a whirl.

The pick shrinks down to a small dagger that Klyto uses to prick a finger. Once the blood wells up he touches it to the spiral.


Consortium Compact Slides

The part of the spiral that Klyto touches with his bloodied finger reacts!

The blue near it seems to shrink away from the edges, toward the finger, and grows more intense, as if the hue is drawn toward it.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan watches, fascinated but a bit repulsed. "Careful! Don't want it sucking life force from you. See what happens with a drop of blood on the tip of a weapon...."

Keeyan does similar to Klyto, but washes the tip of a crossbow bolt with a couple drops of blood. Then tries touching one of the nodes.

"We could also try dragging the zombies down here and put their dead flesh in the pattern.?"


Consortium Compact Slides

Curiously, nothing happens when Keeyan puts a crossbow bolt with his blood on it onto the node.

Perception:
DC 15
Spoiler:
When Keeyan got close enough to touch the nodes, the blue in the spiral seemed to react by drawing in toward where his breath hit the stone.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Keeyan, you're the air. It was reacting to your breath.

Bella, you may be getting a haircut today, unless you can think of a different lock it wants from you.


Female Tiefling
Statline:
Bldrg1(Cel)|HP: 11/12|AC: 18/T:11/ FF: 17|F: +4/R:+1/W: +2|CMB:+1|CMD: 12/11FF|BAB: +1|Init:+1|Darkvision|ResFire/Cold/Elec: 7|Per:+6|Prof(Merch):+6|Craft(Alch):+4|K:Arc/Loc/Spcft:+4|K:Rel:+5l|Srv:+2
Consumables/Status:
Bloodrage: 0/6 per Day Statuses: Fatigued(two rounds)

Edie is a bit lost, but trying to recover...

The tiefling watches Klyto use blood, then hears the comment about Keeyan's breath... but isn't sure what would count as 'flare'...

So she experiments... and isn't afraid to risk soul-churning life draining by first placing a couple of fingers against the odd piece out, then if that doesn't work, applying friction across it by rubbing it as quickly as she can manage.

She doesn't have any way of showing heat or making fire, and is hoping that it's the symbolism rather than whatever all else might be present that is important.


Consortium Compact Slides

Edie has no luck provoking a reaction from the stone or its color.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Hearing the comment about it reacting to his breath Keeyan moves closer to the node and blows a slow, steady stream at it, watching the color and trying to "fill" the node.

"So what about the others? Edie, it said hell-wing's flare? Maybe you need to show anger at the thing? Curse it or strike a node? Or maybe for you a touch with a finger just doesn't match it...."


Consortium Compact Slides

The colorless node remains colorless when Keeyan blows directly into it.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Try the other nodes. If that doesn't work maybe the center of the spiral. The blue in the spiral was moving toward your breath.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan nods at Klyto's advice, first trying each node separately, then tries blowing directly on the blue coloring to see how it responds. If he blows from the direction of the node, or across the blue toward a node, or across the line.... Actually, any direction and watching the response. Trying to figure out if the coloration is moving or expanding, or ????

"Right! Maybe we have to get the blue into the center. 'Drain the river down to mud'"


Consortium Compact Slides

Keeyan’s breath experiments come fairly cheap; he quickly realizes that he can paint trails of blue with his breath, provided that he starts somewhere in the spiral.

When he connects the spiral to one of the nodes, there is an audibly liquid sound, like water filling a stone cup, as blue pours into the middle and spreads outward until it’s full.

The blue in the spiral has receded from the edges, leaving a deep, rich brown along the edges of the groove. One might estimate that about one third has been drained...

:3


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Very excited by the apparent success Keeyan motions to Klyto. "There's the mud! Now the others. Klyto, it reacted to your blood. Try and get the color to follow it toward the node. And it probably will only work on one."

I'm assuming the drain was from one branch of the spiral to the node? And the others are still blue? Or is it one third of each?


Consortium Compact Slides

The whole spiral is one continuous piece-- it's more like the blue has receded from the edges of the groove, if that makes sense.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Wayang Fighter (Gloomblade) | HP 22/22| AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +4, CMD 16 | F: +5, R: +2, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Shadow Speaker: 4/4 | Active conditions: None[/ooc]

Klyto drags his bloody finger to an empty node.


Consortium Compact Slides

As Klyto makes the connection between the spiral and the node, it begins to fill in with blue, starting at the spiral end and following along with Klyto's stroke until it hits the node; the blue pours in until it's filled.

Only a thin blue line remains in the spiral, and one empty node.


Wizard/Diviner: 1/Cleric/Ecclesitheurge: 1 | HP:13/13 | AC:13/T:13/FF:10 | F:+3(+4Breakfast)/R:+3/W:+6 | CMB:+0/CMD:13 | BAB:+0 | Init:+8 | Darkvision | Res Elec:5 | Perception:+7 | Know(Arcana+7/Engineering+8 | Spellcraft+7 | Stealth+13 |Forewarned Divination School: Always act in Surprise round even if I failed the perception roll. |Prescience: 6/6 | Agile Feet: 5/5 | Adoration: 5/5 | CLW Wand app: 50

Keeyan grins as he watches the spiral drain more. "OK..... Now,

"reservoirs of empty air, Well, I don't know that I like being called empty...."
"breath of wind, hellwing's flare, This seems to be a continuation of the first, or maybe there's more?"
"to drain the river down to mud, lock of leaf and shadow's blood."

"So the empty air was me and shadow's blood was Klyto. Are we missing the lock of leaf, or the hellwing's flare? Edie? Any idea? It's a puzzle so the words may be metaphors for something special about you, physical, metaphysical or even ancestral?"

451 to 500 of 751 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeons, Drive-Ins and Dives Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.