Ironperenti's Rise of the Runelords Campaign

Game Master Ironperenti

The Roll20 maps link is HERE

Treasure tracker is HERE

Calendar is HERE

Market Bargains:

Market Bargain Hunting (you may search for a bargain once per week) d20 Roll
1–6 A piece of adventuring gear, clothing, food or drink, or trade good of your choice (chosen from any in Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Equipment) at 10% its normal price.
7–12 An alchemical item of your choice (chosen from any in Ultimate Equipment) at 10% its normal price.
13–16 A weapon of your choice (to include expert or masterwork) at 10% its normal price.
17–19 A potion or scroll of your choice (chosen from any in Ultimate Equipment) at 10% its normal price.
20 A magic item of your choice at 10% its normal price.


901 to 950 of 1,077 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Male Gnome UnRogue (Cutpurse) 2 | HP 18 | AC:17 FF:13 T:15 | F+2 R+7 W+1 | CMD:13 | Init:+4 Perc:+9; lowlight vision | Current effects: none

Trunt stands at the junction in the hall and listens to see if he can still hear any screaming.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

If not, Trunt will stay with Camil.


Male Human Investigator (Empiricist) 2; HP 16/16; AC 16 T14 FF12; F+1, R+7, W+3; Init+4, Perc +8

Camil quietly crosses to the doorway and investigates it visually inspecting.

New perception roll?


Ranger 2 HP 24/24 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F +5 R +6 W +1 | CMB +6 CMD 19 | Speed 30' Init +5 Perc +8 Low-light vision 60'

The ranger continues to burn the creature until it stops moving. "There, hopefully that takes care of it for good," he says looking closely at the creature. He then glances at the torch. "Since I already have this lit, does anyone have a free hand to carry it. The downside of using a two-handed sword," he says with a chuckle. He then glances over at Camil with his ioun stone. "I need to get one of those, Camil. That would solve my problem." he adds with a smile.

Lavanor gets back into marching order to continue down the tunnel. He pauses at the start of the finished room, trying to determine if there was once a wall separating the room from the tunnel. "This is unexpected. I wonder if we are in the basement of a building," he says as he waits for Camil to inspect the door, his sword at the ready.


M DM

Camil finds nothing untoward about the door other than it is old. Trying the handle he finds it stiff but workable, possibly due to magic. It does appear that someone tunneled into the room some time ago, when is impossible to determine.


INACTIVE - CRAP DIE ROLLS MADE CHARACTER WORTHLESS

"I can carry it if I stay back and don't fight," says Isabella.


Male Half-Elf Swashbuckler 2- [HP 12/22, 3 Dex Damage ][AC (15):T (13):F 12][Fort +1:Ref (+6):Will +1][CMD (15)][Init (+3)][Perception +8][Panache 1/3, Charmed Life 3/3]

Zandril moves down the tunnel a bit, but stays halfway between the two groups in case one needs immediate help. He takes a cursory glance into the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Male Human Investigator (Empiricist) 2; HP 16/16; AC 16 T14 FF12; F+1, R+7, W+3; Init+4, Perc +8

Camil gathers a deep breath, looking to Trunt and Rnut nearby Time to roll the dice...

he quietly opens the door, his breath held for what may occur when that happens....


M DM

Although quiet is the name of the game the rusty door turns out to have other ideas. Eventually, Camil must use a foot braced on the wall to pull the thing open. Then it gives a high pitched groan as the swollen wood slides along the stone. On the other side is a short empty hall that turns left. Camil creeps forward and looks around the corner to reveal a modestly long hall that turns north.


Male Human Investigator (Empiricist) 2; HP 16/16; AC 16 T14 FF12; F+1, R+7, W+3; Init+4, Perc +8

Hanging his head as the door loudly announces their presence, Camil turns to Zandril and the others there, Care to accompany me down this dark and mysterious hallway? I'm certain this cannot be any good.

Camil proceeds down the newly revealed hallway attempting, once again, to be quiet. He will peer around the next corner when he arrives there.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Ranger 2 HP 24/24 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F +5 R +6 W +1 | CMB +6 CMD 19 | Speed 30' Init +5 Perc +8 Low-light vision 60'

Lavanor cringes at the sound of the squeeking door. He listens for any response from either direction.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

He nods in agreement to Camil's questions but then quizzically watches him try to move quietly. "If anything is down there, I think it heard us already," he whispers, followed by a chuckle. Lavanor then follows him down the hallway still smiling.


Male Gnome UnRogue (Cutpurse) 2 | HP 18 | AC:17 FF:13 T:15 | F+2 R+7 W+1 | CMD:13 | Init:+4 Perc:+9; lowlight vision | Current effects: none

Trunt waits for the others to follow Camil and watches their backs, wary of the unexplored passage.

Trunt will take the back. I'm away from the computer for the weekend, would someone move me to the back when everyone else figures out an order?


M DM

Let's say you paid a visit to father Zantus and Zandril is at full HPs.


M DM

Looking around the corner, Camil sees a long hall with a cross corridor on the right just five feet away. Further down the hall seems to open into some sort of room with a hole in the wall to the left. On the far wall of the small room Camil can just make out a door.

Trunt and Isabella can see some light leaking out into the tunnel to the north from what appears to be a hole in the wall.

20' of good light, 20' dim light; the room and the far door are in the dim light


Male Half-Elf Swashbuckler 2- [HP 12/22, 3 Dex Damage ][AC (15):T (13):F 12][Fort +1:Ref (+6):Will +1][CMD (15)][Init (+3)][Perception +8][Panache 1/3, Charmed Life 3/3]

Thanks. hp adjusted.

Moving through the cooridor, Zandril will follow quietly behind Camil keeping an eye and ear out.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Female C/N Human Inquisitor(Monster Tactician)/2 | HP: 18/18| AC Norm/Tch/FF 17/12/15 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +5/+1/+7 | Init: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Diplomacy +4, Heal +8, Intimidate +5, Knowledge Religion +5, Perception +9, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +3, Survival +9 | Active Conditions: Light

Runt just tags along, keeping thing lit and saying nothing.


Ranger 2 HP 24/24 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F +5 R +6 W +1 | CMB +6 CMD 19 | Speed 30' Init +5 Perc +8 Low-light vision 60'

Lavanor continues to follow Camil, stoping at the first corridor to watch for anything coming from the room while Camil investigates the first hallway to the right. "What is this place?" he whispers.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Doah! Nothing like 2 of us burning 20's on perception.


M DM

The next hall continues to extend into darkness. A red marble statue of a strikingly beautiful but, at the same time, monstrously enraged human woman stands in the middle of the small room to the north, her stony expression twisted in fury. The woman wears flowing robes, and her long hair is held back from her face by an intricate headdress of hooks and blades. In her left hand she carries a large book, the face of which is inscribed with a seven-pointed star. Her right hand holds a glittering metal and ivory ranseur.

I assume Isabella followed everyone else.


Female C/N Human Inquisitor(Monster Tactician)/2 | HP: 18/18| AC Norm/Tch/FF 17/12/15 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +5/+1/+7 | Init: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Diplomacy +4, Heal +8, Intimidate +5, Knowledge Religion +5, Perception +9, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +3, Survival +9 | Active Conditions: Light

Is it defaced? If not, then the goblins must respect what it stands for. A lot.


INACTIVE - CRAP DIE ROLLS MADE CHARACTER WORTHLESS

"Not sure," says Isabella in response to Lavanor's query. "I wonder who this was. The ranseur that the statue is holding is made of metal, but it's still intact, so either this is recent, or someone maintains it, or it's magical and has lasted for... however many years."


Male Human Investigator (Empiricist) 2; HP 16/16; AC 16 T14 FF12; F+1, R+7, W+3; Init+4, Perc +8

Cautiously approaching the statue Camil observes it, decidedly without touching it. I have little idea why the goblins would have this down here, or what it means. Trunt, do you think its trapped? Peering closer Camil tries to gain insight to the statue.

Perception +1 Trapfinding: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 = 19
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 8 + (2) = 23


Male Gnome UnRogue (Cutpurse) 2 | HP 18 | AC:17 FF:13 T:15 | F+2 R+7 W+1 | CMD:13 | Init:+4 Perc:+9; lowlight vision | Current effects: none

Last into the room, Trunt takes a moment to take in the statue, its materials and imagery. When Camil requests he take a look, Trunt nods and moves up and takes a closer look.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 haha, thats hilarious

Roll20 isn't working for me right now, can someone move me up to the statue? EDIT: Never mind, not sure what the deal was.


Ranger 2 HP 24/24 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F +5 R +6 W +1 | CMB +6 CMD 19 | Speed 30' Init +5 Perc +8 Low-light vision 60'

I want to confirm that the hole in the wall is a passageway that you can walk through as it appears to be from the map.

As for the statue, anyone want to roll local, arcana, or religion?

Lavanor looks concerned by the statue. "It is troubling that this statue and these tunnels are here as I assume we are still withing the city. I wonder how many in town are helping whomever is leading the goblins."

While he waits for Trunt to check the statue and door for traps and Isabella to use her darkvision to peer down the hallway and tunnel, the ranger tries to determine about where they are in the city and what would be above them.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


M DM

DC 30 Knowledge arcana or history will garner additional information about the statue.

The hole in the wall is indeed large enough to walk through and enter the other hall. Lavanor places them somewhere just north of the Sandpoint Garrison. As for Trunt, he finds nothing on the statue trap or otherwise. Camil does not find any traps either. Everyone does notice that the ranseur is a separate piece and looks as if it could be lifted from her hand. The statue is not defaced, it appears to have been carved with the furious look.


Female C/N Human Inquisitor(Monster Tactician)/2 | HP: 18/18| AC Norm/Tch/FF 17/12/15 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +5/+1/+7 | Init: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Diplomacy +4, Heal +8, Intimidate +5, Knowledge Religion +5, Perception +9, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +3, Survival +9 | Active Conditions: Light

appraise: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Is the item masterwork? With a 7 I'm betting she does not know.

Runt has momentary bout of envy as she compares her tiny Falchion to the statues large (to her) Ranseur and joins the group in the inspection.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

"No clue who she is. I just know that it's odd to see any work of art not defaced by goblins when and if they get a chance. That says to me that either someone is keeping them in line, or they have a great deal of respect for this particular statue."

Runt casts detect magic and give the area a scan.


M DM

There is a faint aura of preservation on the entire structure but nothing beyond that.


Female C/N Human Inquisitor(Monster Tactician)/2 | HP: 18/18| AC Norm/Tch/FF 17/12/15 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +5/+1/+7 | Init: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Diplomacy +4, Heal +8, Intimidate +5, Knowledge Religion +5, Perception +9, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +3, Survival +9 | Active Conditions: Light
Ironperenti wrote:
There is a faint aura of preservation on the entire structure but nothing beyond that.

Well, then. Check it out. The statue is magical. The aura looks faint and it has something to do with preservation, but that would explain why it is in such good shape."


Male Half-Elf Swashbuckler 2- [HP 12/22, 3 Dex Damage ][AC (15):T (13):F 12][Fort +1:Ref (+6):Will +1][CMD (15)][Init (+3)][Perception +8][Panache 1/3, Charmed Life 3/3]

Zandril moves up to the opening of the room and stops, eyeing the statue with combination of awe, confusion, and a little bit of horror, "How long has this been hiding under the town? Does anyone else know this is down here?"


Ranger 2 HP 24/24 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F +5 R +6 W +1 | CMB +6 CMD 19 | Speed 30' Init +5 Perc +8 Low-light vision 60'

"I wonder why the weapon can be removed. A trigger of some sort maybe? Isabella, can you tell me what you see down the tunnel? I can't see very far in the dark. I think we should finish exploring the halls down here before going up those stairs to see what building we are in.
Might as well start with this door here,"
Lavanor says pointing to the door.


INACTIVE - CRAP DIE ROLLS MADE CHARACTER WORTHLESS

Isabella squints down into the darkness to see what she can see.


M DM

Isabella looks down the tunnel and sees yet another opening into what she believes to be a room of worked stone.


Male Gnome UnRogue (Cutpurse) 2 | HP 18 | AC:17 FF:13 T:15 | F+2 R+7 W+1 | CMD:13 | Init:+4 Perc:+9; lowlight vision | Current effects: none

Trunt eyes the Ranseur. He approaches it and gazes at it longingly and begins to reach for it. He puts his hand on the haft and begins to lift it up.

Chance for any of you to interrupt Trunt if you want.


Male Human Investigator (Empiricist) 2; HP 16/16; AC 16 T14 FF12; F+1, R+7, W+3; Init+4, Perc +8

Camil cocks an eyebrow at Trunt and takes a large step backwards from the statute.

Well I don't know anything about this other than its old, and she looks angry...


M DM

Trunt lifts it down and nothing happens.


INACTIVE - CRAP DIE ROLLS MADE CHARACTER WORTHLESS

"Another room further down... this whole thing is making me suspicious," she says. "This has obviously been here for a while, but nobody in town knows about it? And suddenly the goblins are using it? And there are old statues with magic weapons in their hands that have just been here for who knows how long?"


Female C/N Human Inquisitor(Monster Tactician)/2 | HP: 18/18| AC Norm/Tch/FF 17/12/15 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +5/+1/+7 | Init: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Diplomacy +4, Heal +8, Intimidate +5, Knowledge Religion +5, Perception +9, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +3, Survival +9 | Active Conditions: Light

Runt just watches as Trunt takes the weapon. After he has it in hand she asks, "How does it feel? Well made or just your average weapon?" The furthest thing from her thoughts is that it might be cursed. Trapped, that occurred to her. Traps she's dealt with. But when nothing happens, she figures there are no traps either.

Responding to Isagella, she says "Well, we haven't seen what the place looks like from the outside. It could be well hidden. Best to keep moving, I guess, and find out. Next room?"


M DM

It is extremely well balanced. You may make an Appraise check DC 15 or a BAB check DC 15 (representing your familiarity with weapons) to judge its true quality. Two doors and a hole, which way do you go?


Male Gnome UnRogue (Cutpurse) 2 | HP 18 | AC:17 FF:13 T:15 | F+2 R+7 W+1 | CMD:13 | Init:+4 Perc:+9; lowlight vision | Current effects: none

Trunt looks the Ranseur over, feels the weight, and craftsmanship.

Appraise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Ranger 2 HP 24/24 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F +5 R +6 W +1 | CMB +6 CMD 19 | Speed 30' Init +5 Perc +8 Low-light vision 60'
Lavanor Garavon wrote:

"I think we should finish exploring the halls down here before going up those stairs to see what building we are in.

Might as well start with this door here," Lavanor says pointing to the door.


Female C/N Human Inquisitor(Monster Tactician)/2 | HP: 18/18| AC Norm/Tch/FF 17/12/15 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +5/+1/+7 | Init: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Diplomacy +4, Heal +8, Intimidate +5, Knowledge Religion +5, Perception +9, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +3, Survival +9 | Active Conditions: Light

"This way, guys!"

Taking matters into my own hands. When it comes to door choices the best choice is the fastest choice. See where I put Runt's icon.


M DM

Lavanor is standing in the gap between the cave and worked stone. There is a door about 15' from him. Runt, for her part, has begun wandering down a hall alone assuming others will follow. Note, this complex was obviously manned by people at some point in the past. There are torch sconces every 20' though they do not have torches in them any longer.


Male Human Investigator (Empiricist) 2; HP 16/16; AC 16 T14 FF12; F+1, R+7, W+3; Init+4, Perc +8

Looking from Trunt to Runt, Camil will follow Runt down the hallway and see what happens.


M DM

Runt, Camil and anyone who follows reach a point where the hall widens into what appears to be a small shrine, for to the northeast steps lead up to a platform of gray stone. Sitting atop the platform is an ancient altar, little more than a jagged block of black marble with a shallow concavity on top of it. This basin is filled with what appears to be filthy water.

I know Lavanor mentioned going through a door though there is no immediate door where he stands. I assume he was referring to going through the hole into the tunnel. Please let me know who follows Runt and if anyone chooses to go a different direction.


Male Gnome UnRogue (Cutpurse) 2 | HP 18 | AC:17 FF:13 T:15 | F+2 R+7 W+1 | CMD:13 | Init:+4 Perc:+9; lowlight vision | Current effects: none

Trunt follows Runt’s lead farther in, while still staying at the back of the group to watch their rear.

Can someone put me at the back of the group moving forward? I’m out of Roll20 access right now.
Also, can I get any more information on that Ranseur?


Male Half-Elf Swashbuckler 2- [HP 12/22, 3 Dex Damage ][AC (15):T (13):F 12][Fort +1:Ref (+6):Will +1][CMD (15)][Init (+3)][Perception +8][Panache 1/3, Charmed Life 3/3]

Zandril follows behind Camil ready for anything at this point. He whispers under his breath to himself and anyone who might be listening, "Don't forget, we still haven't found the source of the scream."


M DM

@Trunt: Masterwork Ranseur so it is +1 to hit +2 dmg, due to materials used it is worth +100 more than a standard masterwork Ranseur (860gp).

@Zandril: the beast you fought earlier opened up with a scream that seemed very similar to what was heard previously.


Female C/N Human Inquisitor(Monster Tactician)/2 | HP: 18/18| AC Norm/Tch/FF 17/12/15 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +5/+1/+7 | Init: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Diplomacy +4, Heal +8, Intimidate +5, Knowledge Religion +5, Perception +9, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +3, Survival +9 | Active Conditions: Light
Ironperenti wrote:

@Trunt: Masterwork Ranseur so it is +1 to hit +2 dmg, due to materials used it is worth +100 more than a standard masterwork Ranseur (860gp).

@Zandril: the beast you fought earlier opened up with a scream that seemed very similar to what was heard previously.

+2 damage? Where does that come from?


Male Gnome UnRogue (Cutpurse) 2 | HP 18 | AC:17 FF:13 T:15 | F+2 R+7 W+1 | CMD:13 | Init:+4 Perc:+9; lowlight vision | Current effects: none

Cool, thanks. Well, Trunt definitely doesn't want to use this thing, does anyone else?


Ranger 2 HP 24/24 | AC 16 T 13 FF 13 | F +5 R +6 W +1 | CMB +6 CMD 19 | Speed 30' Init +5 Perc +8 Low-light vision 60'

I thought there was a door to the north of the statue but I will follow Runt.


M DM

Three levels of equipment: standard, expert, master
Expert weapon (+250gp): +1 damage
Expert armor (+100): -1 AC penalty
Masterwork weapon (+500): +1 to hit, +1 damage (stacks with expert level)
Masterwork armor (+300): +1 Max Dexterity, 10% weight reduction (stacks with expert level)

@Lavanor: yes, there is a door to the north but you were not standing next to it so I was not sure which way you wanted to go and no one else jumped on it.


Female C/N Human Inquisitor(Monster Tactician)/2 | HP: 18/18| AC Norm/Tch/FF 17/12/15 | CMB/CMD: +3/14 | F/R/W: +5/+1/+7 | Init: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Diplomacy +4, Heal +8, Intimidate +5, Knowledge Religion +5, Perception +9, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +3, Survival +9 | Active Conditions: Light

Isn't that Pathfinder 2e?

901 to 950 of 1,077 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ironperenti's Rise of the Runelords Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.