GM Choptop's S05-08 The Confirmation

Game Master Choptop

Confirmation Maps and Handouts


251 to 283 of 283 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Folwin” | Male N Medium Elf Alchemist 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | F +3 R +5 W +0 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +3 | Perc +6 SM +4 | Speed 30ft | Bomb 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

”Now I know I put it in here somewhere!”. Folwin searches his gear for something.

”Oh! Here it is.” Folwin pulls out another bomb.

”Here you go.” as he chucks it at the Minotaur.

Bomb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

”Oh that’s going to burn. I always wondered what burned Minotaur smells like. “

Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Psychic 2 | AC 13/13/11 | HP 14/14 | F+2,R+2,W+5 | CMD 11 | Init+6,Perc+9 Phrenic pool 4/4 day | 20’ movement | Darkvision 60’ & Scent |

I meant to say ‘traverse’ it in my last post, not ‘reverse it.’ I want to cross over the damn thing, lol.


Choptop's Confirmation Map | Posts unlikely on 1st + 2nd Thursday each month and Tuesday + Thursday mornings

don't forget, because of the dim lighting, if you do not have a source of normal light nearby the Minotaur increasing the light level, then there is a 20% miss chance on all attacks. If you have darkvision you can ignore this

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Mounted Fury Barbarian 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +2 (+2 vs illusions, +2 vs fear, despair) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +1, Low-light Vision | Speed 20ft | Rage 3/7 | Active conditions: None

Low-light vision should be enough too given that this is outside on a moonlit night.


Choptop's Confirmation Map | Posts unlikely on 1st + 2nd Thursday each month and Tuesday + Thursday mornings

no. In Pathfinder 1, low light vision doubles the effective range of lighting. So a torch that gives normal light for the first 20 feet and dim light for the next 20 gives a low light vision character 40 feet of normal light and 40 feet of dim light. It is interesting that low light vision characters can read a scroll and "can see outdoors on a moonlit night as well as they can during the day" but still take the 20% miss chance.

Lighting and concealment rules:
In an area of bright light, all characters can see clearly. Some creatures, such as those with light sensitivity and light blindness, take penalties while in areas of bright light. A creature can't use Stealth in an area of bright light unless it is invisible or has cover. Areas of bright light include outside in direct sunshine and inside the area of a daylight spell.

Normal light functions just like bright light, but characters with light sensitivity and light blindness do not take penalties. Areas of normal light include underneath a forest canopy during the day, within 20 feet of a torch, and inside the area of a light spell.

In an area of dim light, a character can see somewhat. Creatures within this area have concealment (20% miss chance in combat) from those without darkvision or the ability to see in darkness. A creature within an area of dim light can make a Stealth check to conceal itself. Areas of dim light include outside at night with a moon in the sky, bright starlight, and the area between 20 and 40 feet from a torch.

In areas of darkness, creatures without darkvision are effectively blinded. In addition to the obvious effects, a blinded creature has a 50% miss chance in combat (all opponents have total concealment), loses any Dexterity bonus to AC, takes a –2 penalty to AC, and takes a –4 penalty on Perception checks that rely on sight and most Strength- and Dexterity-based skill checks. Areas of darkness include an unlit dungeon chamber, most caverns, and outside on a cloudy, moonless night.

Characters with low-light vision (elves, gnomes, and half-elves) can see objects twice as far away as the given radius. Double the effective radius of bright light, normal light, and dim light for such characters.

Characters with darkvision (dwarves and half-orcs) can see lit areas normally as well as dark areas within 60 feet. A creature can't hide within 60 feet of a character with darkvision unless it is invisible or has cover.


Choptop's Confirmation Map | Posts unlikely on 1st + 2nd Thursday each month and Tuesday + Thursday mornings

ah ha! We're waiting on me. I should have a post up later tonight or anytime tomorrow.


Choptop's Confirmation Map | Posts unlikely on 1st + 2nd Thursday each month and Tuesday + Thursday mornings

1 is a miss for Imrahil: 1d5 ⇒ 2

The minotaur strikes Imrahil with his axe. He strikes again and then tries to gore Reckum, but both attacks miss.

GM screen:

Minotaur, attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 = 11

Minotaur, attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 = 15

gore, attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The Minotaur will fall unconscious with 25 more points of damage or flee with 15 more

Initiative
Janira - still alive?
Reckum <= up
Imrahil <= up, 11 points of damage this round
Zu + Fuzzy <= Up
Ninnic <= Up
Khari <= Up
Minotaur
Folwin <= Up

Dark Archive

Male Half-Elf Occultist 1 | AC 17/11/16 (15/9/15) | HP 3/14 | F +4, R +1, W +2 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Per +7 | MF 4/5 (1/2 Div, 3/3 Tra)

If anything, Imrahil's size makes him an easier target, and no tougher. But he clings to consciousness, swinging wildly.

1 misses: 1d5 ⇒ 4
Glaive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 5) + 6 = 17

Dark Archive

HP: 12/13 l AC: 14, T 13, FF 12 l CMD 13 (can't be tripped) l F +5, R +5, W +1 l Init +2 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Acrobatics +6, Climb +5
Male N Creeping Puffball 1 | Active Conditions:

*splish-splash*

Fuzzy continues to flail and splash around in the stream, trying to reach the other side...

Swim: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

...and manages to do it! The puffball clambers out of the stream on dripping, spindly legs and finally manages to close with the minotaur and the other Pathfinders.

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 16, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +5, W +3 l Plant Focus (1 min/day), L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +6, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Handle Animal +4, Kn. Dungeoneering/Nature +4, Kn. Geography/History +5, Linguistics +5
Male NG Vine Leshy Hunter (Plant Master) 1 l Active Condtions:

And from on high, Zu continues trying to pin the minotaur with arrows...

Attack vs. Minotaur (Longbow; IC, Into Melee): 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 5
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Mounted Fury Barbarian 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +2 (+2 vs illusions, +2 vs fear, despair) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +1, Low-light Vision | Speed 20ft | Rage 3/7 | Active conditions: None

Reckum’s face splits in a manic grin and he swings his wallop-mallet over his head with both hands. ”This is for Janira! And Khari! Take that, you oversized cow!”

Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Bludgeoning damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Miss chance (1 = Miss): 1d5 ⇒ 4

Raging - can’t update stat bar at the moment, but AC is currently 13.

Liberty's Edge

Alter Self into a Gillman (for 1 hour) Base Form Chaotic Good HP -2/11 | unconscious | AC 13 (T 10 FF 13) | CMD 13 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 |

Khari lies unconscious against the tree where the minotaur gored her.


Choptop's Confirmation Map | Posts unlikely on 1st + 2nd Thursday each month and Tuesday + Thursday mornings

Despite the poor lighting Imrahil deals the Minotaur a grievous blow. As it feels in pain, Reckum strikes it in the chest with a sickening CRACK-SQUISH and it falls to the ground unconscious.

Khari lies against a tree, stable, as her friends will discover soon enough.

Janira lies a few feet away, unmoving and bleeding profusely..

Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Psychic 2 | AC 13/13/11 | HP 14/14 | F+2,R+2,W+5 | CMD 11 | Init+6,Perc+9 Phrenic pool 4/4 day | 20’ movement | Darkvision 60’ & Scent |

Nic runs up to the group, breathing heavily. ”No one told me we were taking the direct route!”. As he took in the scene, he saw two Pathfinders on the ground. ”Can anyone heal these two? They look like they are on death’s door!”

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 16, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +5, W +3 l Plant Focus (1 min/day), L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +6, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Handle Animal +4, Kn. Dungeoneering/Nature +4, Kn. Geography/History +5, Linguistics +5
Male NG Vine Leshy Hunter (Plant Master) 1 l Active Condtions:

"Yes! Good work you guys," Zu calls out from his lofty perch. He hurries back down and across the stream - taking the log - as quickly as he can but it takes him several seconds due to his short legs. "Quick, weren't there some healing potions in Janira's bag??? Use those!"

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Mounted Fury Barbarian 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +2 (+2 vs illusions, +2 vs fear, despair) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +1, Low-light Vision | Speed 20ft | Rage 3/7 | Active conditions: None

Panting from the excitement of battle, Reckum pulls out a small glowing bottle and tosses it up at the massive Imrahil towering above him. ”Use them... long arms...” he pants. ”Or does someone... do the stick... stuff? There’s a few... in here...”


Choptop's Confirmation Map | Posts unlikely on 1st + 2nd Thursday each month and Tuesday + Thursday mornings

As you get close to Janira you quickly realize she is past the point of being helped by potions, wands, or other forms of healing.

the first hit took her to -10. She failed both her stabilize checks and only has 12 con. I'm honestly surprised this Minotaur doesn't take people out more often than I've seen in my dozen or so plays of this scenario

Dark Archive

Male Half-Elf Occultist 1 | AC 17/11/16 (15/9/15) | HP 3/14 | F +4, R +1, W +2 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Per +7 | MF 4/5 (1/2 Div, 3/3 Tra)

I think Janira has died once or twice more with me. And in one of those the minotaur took two PCs with her. We ignored her orders that time.

Imrahil hurries to Janira's side, her potions in hand. When it's clear she is beyond saving, he heaves a huge sigh. He takes the potions to Khari instead.

CLW @ Khari: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW @ Khari: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Psychic 2 | AC 13/13/11 | HP 14/14 | F+2,R+2,W+5 | CMD 11 | Init+6,Perc+9 Phrenic pool 4/4 day | 20’ movement | Darkvision 60’ & Scent |

Aw man, this is the first time that Janira has died on me! That stinks.

Liberty's Edge

Alter Self into a Gillman (for 1 hour) Base Form Chaotic Good HP -2/11 | unconscious | AC 13 (T 10 FF 13) | CMD 13 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 |

This is the first time Janira died on me, oof.

Khari sputters awake. "I'm not sleeping, just resting my eyes..." She coughs again. "Did we win?" She stands up.

"Janira?" She frowns. "It's... too late, isn't it?" She sighs. "This is what being a Pathfinder is all about, right? She sacrificed herself so we could live. We should at least bring her body back with us." Khari prepares to wrap the body- along if she needs to.

Janira's life ended that day. But her inspiration burned brighter than ever. It is a burden we must all carry, as Pathfinders.

Grand Lodge

”Folwin” | Male N Medium Elf Alchemist 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | F +3 R +5 W +0 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +3 | Perc +6 SM +4 | Speed 30ft | Bomb 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

Guess there’s a first time for everything.

Folwin hurries over to where Janira lays and looks around at the group.

”She died fighting. We should remember her as a warrior and a Pathfinder. I will never forget the name, Janira!”

Dark Archive

Male Half-Elf Occultist 1 | AC 17/11/16 (15/9/15) | HP 3/14 | F +4, R +1, W +2 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Per +7 | MF 4/5 (1/2 Div, 3/3 Tra)

Imrahil returns to his normal size and places Janira's bag next to her.

"I don't know how high-ranking of an agent she was, so we shouldn't get our hopes up." His hopes look up, but maybe it's a front against the alternative. "Could she have the funds to return? There are always new Pathfinders to teach, maybe her shard need not be laid to rest yet."

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Mounted Fury Barbarian 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +2 (+2 vs illusions, +2 vs fear, despair) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +1, Low-light Vision | Speed 20ft | Rage 3/7 | Active conditions: None

"Well, we won't find out standing here moping," Reckum points out, the eternal hope of gnomekind on his face as he hoists Janira over his shoulder. "Perhaps she made arrangements to sell some o' her gear if she don't have close enough friends to do the magic healy things." He bravely sets out into the bushes with his load.

Is this the right direction? Eh, we're on an island - can't get too lost!

I mean, at lvl 4 she might have enough prestige to arrange a raise dead. Standard would be 12 Fame, if she's exemplary she could have up to 18 Fame. And she can sell equipment to halve the PP costs - 2450 gp and 8 PP is not out of the question for a lvl 4 character.


Choptop's Confirmation Map | Posts unlikely on 1st + 2nd Thursday each month and Tuesday + Thursday mornings

she is a faction leader in pfs2... I think she'll figure out a Resurrection, ha ha.

The party grieves the loss of their mentor and prepares to head back.

anything else you want to do before I check the thread for success conditions and wrap us up?

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 16, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +5, W +3 l Plant Focus (1 min/day), L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +6, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Handle Animal +4, Kn. Dungeoneering/Nature +4, Kn. Geography/History +5, Linguistics +5
Male NG Vine Leshy Hunter (Plant Master) 1 l Active Condtions:

As it becomes apparent that their help arrived too late Zu seems to almost visibly deflate, his vines and leaves drooping.

"Oh..."

He stares down at the ground for a long time, silent. As Reckum hefts Janira's body over his shoulder and moves to set out, the leshy looks up.

"What happens to her spirit if someone can't put it back in her body? Will it be okay?"

There's a sadness in Zu's voice as he speaks, as well as a desperation for reassurance, all in sharp contrast to the cheery expression etched into his pumpkin head.
______________

First time I've had a Janira death as well. Character development moment for Zu~


Choptop's Confirmation Map | Posts unlikely on 1st + 2nd Thursday each month and Tuesday + Thursday mornings

anyone else? It looks like I should be checking success conditions and putting Chronicles together this weekend. I will also post a debrief


Choptop's Confirmation Map | Posts unlikely on 1st + 2nd Thursday each month and Tuesday + Thursday mornings

The party makes their way back to the Grand Lodge in Absalom, where they are greeted by Kreighton Shaine. His excitement about your findings is dampened by the news of Janira's death and the sight of her body. "This won't do." He says sadly. "We'll see to it that she is taken care of properly. She was one of my most promising students..." He breathes in and back out again. After hearing how she died, he nods slowly. "She behaved as she believed a Pathfinder should; she is an inspiration to all of us."

I probably should have given you all the chance to relay that; please feel free to do so before answering the below; I just wanted to write his response while it was on my mind.

It is an unusually subdued Kreighton Shaine that asks about what you found in the caves.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Elf Occultist 1 | AC 17/11/16 (15/9/15) | HP 3/14 | F +4, R +1, W +2 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Per +7 | MF 4/5 (1/2 Div, 3/3 Tra)

"Janira died at the hands of a minotaur. She kept its attention while we explored the cave. If it could have followed us in, we must be thankful she wore it down; another tier of disaster could have struck otherwise. Perhaps it was only that which let us defeat it."

Imrahil's voice is hollow following the first explanation, but he continues. "The caves were held as sacred by a tribe of gillmen, one of whom we met. He corroborated with our other findings, confirming it was also a shrine of Aroden. We recorded what information was available." He leaves further explanations to others, and for once omits the finer details of the cave.

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 16, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +5, W +3 l Plant Focus (1 min/day), L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +6, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Handle Animal +4, Kn. Dungeoneering/Nature +4, Kn. Geography/History +5, Linguistics +5
Male NG Vine Leshy Hunter (Plant Master) 1 l Active Condtions:

"Uori...his name is Uori," Zu adds, his tone still somewhat subdued. "He told us a little about some of the carvings we found on the cavern walls and about the stone diorama of Absalom that sits in the central part of the caves."

The leshy pauses for a moment, trying to think of anything else that might bear mention.

"Nice guy. Oh and we cleared out some critters while we were in the caves, too. Kobolds and skeletons."

Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Psychic 2 | AC 13/13/11 | HP 14/14 | F+2,R+2,W+5 | CMD 11 | Init+6,Perc+9 Phrenic pool 4/4 day | 20’ movement | Darkvision 60’ & Scent |

”And thankfully, it doesn’t seem the gillmen are werewolves.”

Liberty's Edge

Resources:
Alter Self : Racial 1 min. Metamorph 1 hour. Mutagen (+4 Str, -2 Con) 1 hour | Inspiration 1/2
HP 11/11 | AC 13 (T 10 FF 13) | CMD 12 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | CG Female Ganzi Alchemist (Metamorph) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | Inspired |

"I interviewed Uori, and swam in the sacred waters for a bit. It was very refreshing. Calmed me down for a bit. We also found a dead dhampir who tried to raise an undead army. Failed. Maybe we need to find his master at some point." She shrugs, still deflated.

"Janira saved us all by tiring the minotaur. No way would we have been able to stop it by ourselves. She told us to run and investigate, and I fled. Maybe if I stood with her..." she shudders. "Who am I kidding, I'm not a fighter."

Khari wipes away some of her tears.


Choptop's Confirmation Map | Posts unlikely on 1st + 2nd Thursday each month and Tuesday + Thursday mornings

Kreighton Shaine nods solemnly along at your summary, his mind apparently still absorbing the news of Janira's death. "Being a Pathfinder is dangerous work." He says, but the ghost of a smile appears on his face as he says "You have done well; Janira clearly taught you well. I will watch for your careers in the Chronicles."

With that, you are dismissed. Within a few days, the Master of your order (Scrolls, Shields, or Swords, as appropriate to your Pathfinder training) presents you with a wayfinder bearing your name.

Liberty's Edge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Resources:
Alter Self : Racial 1 min. Metamorph 1 hour. Mutagen (+4 Str, -2 Con) 1 hour | Inspiration 1/2
HP 11/11 | AC 13 (T 10 FF 13) | CMD 12 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | CG Female Ganzi Alchemist (Metamorph) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | Inspired |

New Pathfinders discover the Power of Sacrifice

The humble Pig's Paunch Tavern holds sentimental value fo the Pathfinder Society. Here is where the greatest Seekers and the lowly Initiates gather to recall their adventures, assign newcomers, and mourn the loss of good friends. Today I bring you a tale of a lost civilization, the birth of a new one, and my first adventure as a Pathfinder...

----

Khari keeps a copy of her article and makes sure the portrait of Janira is just perfect. Khari smiles and alters the part about swimming through the sacred waters. She totally had permission to do so, of course.

She writes back to the other Pathfinders, wishing them the best of luck.

Thanks for the game, everyone.

251 to 283 of 283 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Choptop's S05-08 The Confirmation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.