[PFS] GM kuey's Gallows of Madness (Inactive)

Game Master kuey

maps and handouts

1. A Foul Breed - Chronicle Sheets

2. What Lurks in the Woods - Chronicle Sheets

3. The Festering Blot - Chronicle Sheets


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,313 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

Yen Wu fights off the poison, even as he returns the strike. The rapier strikes the snake right at one of its eyes. It bends disturbingly, almost to the point of snapping, but it holds and pierces right through the construct, destroying whatever magic is animating it.

Combat Over! Character Status:
~~~
GAB! (30/36)
Yen Wu (22/28)
Rel (22/27)
Krennel (16/18)

The iron cobra is inlaid with silver patterns, and you figure its remains are valuable, and can be sold for 100 gp. On the table, other than the cobra, there is a signet ring (embossed with the Sarini's coat of arms) worth 25 gp and an assortment of jewelry worth 125 gp on the table.

A quick search of the room reveals that the eastern door is locked. Through the opened western door, you see what looks like the bathroom (K14).

Ok, there goes my plan to bring you guys through the rooms in numerical order. :) Let me know which way you want to go, continue on this floor (and which door), or go back to ground floor.
Downstairs: K7-K11
Upstairs: K12-K14, K16-17

The Exchange

M Vishkanya |HP43/44|AC 21/FF16/T15|F+4/Ref+9/W+1|Per+5 Swashbuckler-5|Move 30'|Panache 2/2|

Pulling out a wand and some tools, Yen Wu shook his head. "Will someone use this to patch me up while I check out the locked door? he asked before going to work on unlocking the door, giving an impromptu lesson on opening locks in the process.
Disable device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc Alchemist (Energist, Preservationist) 5 HP: 28 | AC: 18 (T13/FF15) | F: +5/R: +8/ W: +2 | Init: +2 | Percep: +5 | Negative Energy Bombs Remaining (DC 17): 12/12

'Well, now that we're up here, may as work from the top down."

The locked door is as good a place to a start as any.

The Exchange

Male NG Dwarf from Qadira | Cleric of Erastil (formerly Shelyn) 7 | DR5/bludgeoning 35/35 | HP 63/71 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +3, CMD 18 | F: +14, R: +9, W: +17 | Init: +2 | Perc: +19 | SM: +13 | Dipl.: +21 | Rooted Vitality 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: resist electricity 20, defending bone.

Jang nods.

He starts searching the room.

perception : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

The Concordance

Male Race: HP 51/51 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | CMB +5, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +0 | Perc: +11, SM: +10 | Movement: 20 Feet Cleric of Shelyn 5

Rel will channel to top everyone off.

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

Then help search the room.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

While Yen Wu works on the locked door, the Pathfinders search the bedroom but find nothing else of note.

Yen Wu finds that the lock is quite tricky but eventually manages to pick it with great skill. As soon as he is about to step through, he notices the tip of the spike sticking out from the floor. A more careful examination reveals that the floorboard is designed such that any pressure will trigger a number of such spikes to burst through.

You can just jump over that trap (assuming no more in the next space), or attempt to disable it (no take 10 or 20).

Through the open door, the Pathfinders make out that this was likely the study. The furniture in this irregularly shaped room are cluttered with scientific equipment, and the glassy eyes of taxidermy animal heads stare down from the walls. At the north end of the room, the stuffed body of a large, winged beast is mounted on a low platform.

GM screen:

Yen Wu perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

The Exchange

M Vishkanya |HP43/44|AC 21/FF16/T15|F+4/Ref+9/W+1|Per+5 Swashbuckler-5|Move 30'|Panache 2/2|

"Hold on, there is a trap. Let me take a look and see if I can take care of it. Yen Wu said.
Disable device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

Lifting up the floorboard carefully, Yen Wu manages to find the trigger mechanism and disarms it, leaving the room clear to enter.

The Exchange

M Vishkanya |HP43/44|AC 21/FF16/T15|F+4/Ref+9/W+1|Per+5 Swashbuckler-5|Move 30'|Panache 2/2|

"All clear." Yen Wu said, putting his tools back and picking up his rapier before he entered the room.

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc Alchemist (Energist, Preservationist) 5 HP: 28 | AC: 18 (T13/FF15) | F: +5/R: +8/ W: +2 | Init: +2 | Percep: +5 | Negative Energy Bombs Remaining (DC 17): 12/12

Well it's about time someone else contributed. With a congratulatory pat on the shoulder, "Nice work Mister Wu."

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

GM screen:

percep, GAB!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
percep, Krennel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
percep, Yen Wu: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
percep, Rel: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
percep, Rithon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
percep, Jangafzaar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
disable device, Yen Wu: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Pre-warned by the first trap, the Pathfinders enter the study carefully, and sure enough, GAB! notices a cunning scythe affixed via some mechanism hidden behind the northern pillar. Yen Wu again breaks out his tools and in no time, disables the mechanism.

After making sure there are no more hidden traps, the Pathfinders go doing what Pathfinders do best, looting the place. In a cupboard, you find an old map of the manor and surrounding grounds. It shows more details than the crude map that Nolaria passed you earlier. (No additional mechanical benefit other than that you now also have a map of the cellar. Which I won't put up yet as it is just a large rectangular room.) However, it indicates that there is a secret door in the southwest corner of the cellar. In addition, a musical note has been drawn onto the area depicting the ballroom (K6, where you were when the archer mite struck).

You also find a chain shirt and a masterwork cold iron longsword in the cupboard.

On the table next to the southern column, you can find five vials which detect as magical. On the table next to the fireplace, you also find a magical monocle, as well as four vials of alchemist’s fire, and two sunrods.

The rest of the equipment in the room makes up a fully functional alchemist’s lab.

Potion 1: perception DC16 or detect magic AND spellcraft DC16:

This is a potion of cure light wound.

Potion 2: perception DC16 or detect magic AND spellcraft DC16:

This is a potion of endure elements.

Potion 3: perception DC16 or detect magic AND spellcraft DC16:

This is a potion of endure elements.

Potion 4: perception DC16 or detect magic AND spellcraft DC16:

This is a potion of a potion of enlarge person.

Potion 5: perception DC16 or detect magic AND spellcraft DC16:

This is a potion of a potion of reduce person.

Monocle: detect magic AND spellcraft DC20:

This Antiquarian Monocle is often used by those without spellcasting training to peruse mystical writings.

This lens, mounted in a round silver frame, fits snugly in the eye orbit of any Medium or Small user. Three times per day on command, the monocle allows the user to read magical inscriptions (including scrolls) as if affected by read magic.

Once per day, by speaking a second command word, the user can activate a 1st level spell from a scroll even if she doesn’t have the spell on her class list or meet the other requirements. Activating a scroll with the monocle is a full-round action (or the spell’s casting time, whichever is longer).

Dark Archive

Elven Exploiter Wizard(3) | HP 3/20 | AC 16* T 12 FF 11 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Res: 2/6 | Spells 1:2/4 2:0/2 | Active: Mage Armor*
Skills:
Acrobatics +2, Appraise +5, Bluff -1, Climb -1, Diplomacy -1, Disguise -1, Heal +0, Intimidate -1, Knowledge (Arc +11, Local +10, All Else +9), Lin +9, Ride +2, Spell +11, Stealth +2, Survival +0, Swim -1, UMD +8

Spellcraft 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Spellcraft 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Spellcraft 3: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Spellcraft 4: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Spellcraft 5: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Spellcraft 6: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

After the others have so bravely risked life and limb for his safety, Rithon slips into the room and begins to investigate the table and its contents. He pours over each vial, spinning the liquids in it around the glass before turning his attention to the monocle.

"This one is meant for healing, and these two are to help endure elements. This one enlarges and this one shrinks as well, if anyone would have use for such parlor tricks" and he walks away from the table without so much as moving the potions.

Why can't I figure out this stupid monocle. It seems so simple yet...

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

Try as he might, Rithon fails to decipher the magical aura emanating from the monocle. Finding nothing further of interest in the study, the Pathfinders return to the master bedroom, and enter the open door to the ...

K14: Bathroom:
Dozens of once-fashionable outfits hang in three large closets set against the north wall. Two red folding screens covered in dark stains partially hide a lavish bathtub of gilded porcelain.

Most of the clothes in the closets are smelly and moth-eaten. However, the closet in the middle seemed to have been treated with an alchemical substance that has kept pests away, and consequently, the contents of the closet are still in pristine condition, including four noble’s outfits worth 75 gp each, and a magical cloak!

detect magic + spellcraft DC18:
It's a a cloak of resistance +1.

Also, behind the clothes is a bundle wrapped in luxurious cloth and tied with a red silken sash, which upon unravelling reveals a cold iron morningstar and a cold iron dagger.

Dark Archive

Elven Exploiter Wizard(3) | HP 3/20 | AC 16* T 12 FF 11 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Res: 2/6 | Spells 1:2/4 2:0/2 | Active: Mage Armor*
Skills:
Acrobatics +2, Appraise +5, Bluff -1, Climb -1, Diplomacy -1, Disguise -1, Heal +0, Intimidate -1, Knowledge (Arc +11, Local +10, All Else +9), Lin +9, Ride +2, Spell +11, Stealth +2, Survival +0, Swim -1, UMD +8

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

"Its merely a cloak. Best be moving along to find things of actual value in this place..."

The Exchange

Male NG Dwarf from Qadira | Cleric of Erastil (formerly Shelyn) 7 | DR5/bludgeoning 35/35 | HP 63/71 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +3, CMD 18 | F: +14, R: +9, W: +17 | Init: +2 | Perc: +19 | SM: +13 | Dipl.: +21 | Rooted Vitality 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: resist electricity 20, defending bone.

Jang nods.

“Well, you are the magical expert Rithon so we trust in your guidance! Great work on the hurdles that you guys overcame by the way! I see that you are all eager to make the town safe again so that love can prosper!“

The Exchange

M Vishkanya |HP43/44|AC 21/FF16/T15|F+4/Ref+9/W+1|Per+5 Swashbuckler-5|Move 30'|Panache 2/2|

"Might be worth some money" Yen Wu said as he looked it over before taking it.

Appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

The cloak is clearly valuable, being very well-made. The essence of its magic, however, eludes the party wizard.

I'll take us clockwise for the rest of this floor: K13, K12, K17

K13: Servant's Room
Heading to the next door, Yen Wu checks the door very carefully and is satisfied it is not trapped. As he is about to listen in, a shrill voice calls out, "Are you the ones making the racket? You'll wake my baby."

Uncertain what to do for a moment, since whoever's in there already know's you're here, you enter, albeit very carefully.

This dormitory-style bedroom looks tidier than other rooms in the building. A hunched figure wearing a maid’s uniform is sitting on a small bed in the northwest corner of the room. (Picture in maps and handouts) You see no signs of this baby that she mentioned.

She cocks her head when you enter. "I don’t know you. Why are you here?" As she speaks, she nervously keeps snipping at the air with a pair of scissors.

Knowledge (nature) DC 12:
She is a nukkefeen, a fey creature. Although blind, they can sense all sound and movement nearby with unerring accuracy.
For every 5 that you beat the DC, you may ask for one piece of information from this list.

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc Alchemist (Energist, Preservationist) 5 HP: 28 | AC: 18 (T13/FF15) | F: +5/R: +8/ W: +2 | Init: +2 | Percep: +5 | Negative Energy Bombs Remaining (DC 17): 12/12

Nature: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

"Uh...baby? Look lady, er nukkefeen, you know this place was abandoned like forever ago, right? And now, something here seems to be causing all kinds of trouble back in town. I don't suppose you know anything about that?"

Krennel gets the team's attention, points to his eyes then shakes his while mouthing 'she's blind'.

Sovereign Court

Neutral Good Half Orc Shifter 3 Lorewarden Fighter 2| HP53/53 | AC10 T10 FF10| CMD 18 | Fort 8 Ref 4 Will 2 | Speed 30ft / Climb 10ft | Initiative +0| Perception: +7 DR 5/- and 4/Slashing Vim and Vigor: 6/6 (2d6) | Buffs/Debuffs:

Sorry I've been silent recently, just not a lot of things I can do to help at the moment with the skill checks :(

GAB! remains outside, not wanting to wake the "baby".

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

The nukkefeen cocks her head as she replies. "Can't be abandoned if I am here, can it? Trouble? Town? I have no idea what you are talking about!" As she speaks though, she is clearly getting more agitated, "looking" at your with more suspicion than before. (Diplomacy check if you wish to appease her.)

Something seems to occur to her, and she asks, "You better not have harmed my baby! Have you seen her? Is she safe!"

She cocks her head again as Krennel gestures to the party. "Any why does your mouth move but no sound comes out? And what's wrong with your ears?"

Can I suggest that whatever questions / responses you have, to just pile it on? And add whatever social rolls you wish to make. I'll respond together, rather than back and forth which might take a while.

Sovereign Court

Neutral Good Half Orc Shifter 3 Lorewarden Fighter 2| HP53/53 | AC10 T10 FF10| CMD 18 | Fort 8 Ref 4 Will 2 | Speed 30ft / Climb 10ft | Initiative +0| Perception: +7 DR 5/- and 4/Slashing Vim and Vigor: 6/6 (2d6) | Buffs/Debuffs:

”Blorp blorp blorp.” The oozemorph jiggles.

The Exchange

M Vishkanya |HP43/44|AC 21/FF16/T15|F+4/Ref+9/W+1|Per+5 Swashbuckler-5|Move 30'|Panache 2/2|

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
"Maybe we can help you find your baby" Yen Wu said. "Which room was she in and what was she wearing?
Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

The Concordance

Male Race: HP 51/51 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | CMB +5, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +0 | Perc: +11, SM: +10 | Movement: 20 Feet Cleric of Shelyn 5

We haven't seen any babies, nor would we harm them if we have done so. We're planning on exploring the rest of this place - we will keep an eye out for it.

Diplomacy aid: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

She glares at Yen Wu, at first rather suspicious as you can see her start to raise her scissors, then as he speaks further, gradually lowering it down again. She seems to have been appeased somewhat, but still blurts out, "No! It's fine. I'll look for her myself."

She then seem to notice the pair of scissors in her semi-raised hand. She gestures at it, and asks, "My scissors are dull. Do you have anything sharper?"

Sovereign Court

Neutral Good Half Orc Shifter 3 Lorewarden Fighter 2| HP53/53 | AC10 T10 FF10| CMD 18 | Fort 8 Ref 4 Will 2 | Speed 30ft / Climb 10ft | Initiative +0| Perception: +7 DR 5/- and 4/Slashing Vim and Vigor: 6/6 (2d6) | Buffs/Debuffs:

The ooze jiggles uncomfortably, wanting to go somewhere else.

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc Alchemist (Energist, Preservationist) 5 HP: 28 | AC: 18 (T13/FF15) | F: +5/R: +8/ W: +2 | Init: +2 | Percep: +5 | Negative Energy Bombs Remaining (DC 17): 12/12

"Nothing so sharp as your timeless wit." Krennel keeps a close watch on 'her' in case she decides to attack.

The Exchange

M Vishkanya |HP43/44|AC 21/FF16/T15|F+4/Ref+9/W+1|Per+5 Swashbuckler-5|Move 30'|Panache 2/2|

"No, but if you hand them over, I can see about sharpening them for you." Yen Wu offered as he pulled out his whetstone.
Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

She naturally looks skeptical, but there is the whetstone. She cautiously hands over the pair of scissors. Indeed, the scissors has gone dull, and seeing how old a pair it is, that is hardly surprising.

Since you used bluff, I'm going to take it that you don't intend to actually help her sharpen her knife. So interested to see what you do now with the scissors.

The Exchange

M Vishkanya |HP43/44|AC 21/FF16/T15|F+4/Ref+9/W+1|Per+5 Swashbuckler-5|Move 30'|Panache 2/2|

Going to sharpen them, just not sure if I will give them back
"Oh, these are rather dull, it will take a while to get them sharpened. he said as he started sharpening them.

"This is an old pair of scissors, if you got them from here, what can you tell me about this place?" he asked.
K:Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
K:Nobility: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

She holds out her hand, waiting for the scissors to be returned to her even as Yen Wu is sharpening them.

"Well, I'll tell you if you lend me your eyes. Your eyes are pretty. Can I borrow them briefly?"

The Exchange

Male NG Dwarf from Qadira | Cleric of Erastil (formerly Shelyn) 7 | DR5/bludgeoning 35/35 | HP 63/71 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +3, CMD 18 | F: +14, R: +9, W: +17 | Init: +2 | Perc: +19 | SM: +13 | Dipl.: +21 | Rooted Vitality 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: resist electricity 20, defending bone.

Jang is uncertain about the path that this conversation is taking.

”I do not trust this being and do not want us to get stuck!“ he says.

The Exchange

M Vishkanya |HP43/44|AC 21/FF16/T15|F+4/Ref+9/W+1|Per+5 Swashbuckler-5|Move 30'|Panache 2/2|

"Sorry, I like my eyes right where they are and regret that you will not be getting these scissors back. I interpret that comment as you intend me harm." Yen Wu said, putting them away as he picked up his cold iron rapier.

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

Guess we're going into combat then.

The nukkefeen screeches in fury when Yen Wu suddenly pulls out his weapon, although she seems more upset at the confiscation of her scissors. "Thief! Evil men!"

init:

init, GAB!: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
init, Krennel: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
init, Yen Wu: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
init, Rel: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
init, Rithon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
init, Jangafzaar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
init, nukkefeen: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1: Status: Nil
~~~
Jangafzaar
Rel
Yen Wu
Krennel
red nukkefeen
Rithon
GAB!

GM screen:

The Exchange

Male NG Dwarf from Qadira | Cleric of Erastil (formerly Shelyn) 7 | DR5/bludgeoning 35/35 | HP 63/71 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +3, CMD 18 | F: +14, R: +9, W: +17 | Init: +2 | Perc: +19 | SM: +13 | Dipl.: +21 | Rooted Vitality 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: resist electricity 20, defending bone.

Jang moves and shoots with his croosbow.

Crossbow, melee -4: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 4 = 141d8 ⇒ 1

The Exchange

M Vishkanya |HP43/44|AC 21/FF16/T15|F+4/Ref+9/W+1|Per+5 Swashbuckler-5|Move 30'|Panache 2/2|

Cold iron Rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
"Sorry about that, like I said, I like my eyes." Yen Wu said as he drove the blade point into the fey.

The Concordance

Male Race: HP 51/51 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | CMB +5, CMD 15 | F: +6, R: +2, W: +8 | Init: +0 | Perc: +11, SM: +10 | Movement: 20 Feet Cleric of Shelyn 5

Rel will stride forward and attempt to strike with his glaive.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 1 = 14
Damage: 1d10 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 3 = 16

Dark Archive

Elven Exploiter Wizard(3) | HP 3/20 | AC 16* T 12 FF 11 | CMB -1, CMD 11 | F: +2, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +3, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Res: 2/6 | Spells 1:2/4 2:0/2 | Active: Mage Armor*
Skills:
Acrobatics +2, Appraise +5, Bluff -1, Climb -1, Diplomacy -1, Disguise -1, Heal +0, Intimidate -1, Knowledge (Arc +11, Local +10, All Else +9), Lin +9, Ride +2, Spell +11, Stealth +2, Survival +0, Swim -1, UMD +8

Still here. Nothing to add at the moment and awaiting my initiative

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc Alchemist (Energist, Preservationist) 5 HP: 28 | AC: 18 (T13/FF15) | F: +5/R: +8/ W: +2 | Init: +2 | Percep: +5 | Negative Energy Bombs Remaining (DC 17): 12/12

Couldn't just leave well enough alone. The alchemist pulls his mace and moves up to support GAB!

Aid GAB! attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

Krennel, neither you nor GAB! are in melee range of the nukkefeen to be able to aid. I'll take it that you're delaying.

Jangafzaar's crossbow bolt makes contact, grazing across her arm, but the wound closes almost immediately (DR). Yen Wu's cold iron blade however, face no resistance as it pierces through her flesh, a strike that causes her to shriek again this time in pain. Rel comes up from behind Yen Wu, but with him in the way, he finds it difficult to land the blow.

With her serious wounds, the nukkefeen takes a step back and throws open the window. But before she flees, she turns and glares at Yen Wu from her sightless eyes, and Yen Wu starts to feel his vision cloud over.
(Will DC14 or blind)

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1: Status: Nil
~~~
red nukkefeen (-11)
Rithon
GAB!
-------
Round 2:
~~~
Jangafzaar
Rel
Yen Wu (Will DC14 or blind 1d4 ⇒ 3hr)
Krennel

GM screen:

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc Alchemist (Energist, Preservationist) 5 HP: 28 | AC: 18 (T13/FF15) | F: +5/R: +8/ W: +2 | Init: +2 | Percep: +5 | Negative Energy Bombs Remaining (DC 17): 12/12

Sorry, posting from my phone and forgot to ask someone to move me up.

Well, I guess this is just one more thing yours truly has to fix. Krennel moves across the room and swings at the creepy little woman.

Cold Iron mace: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The Exchange

M Vishkanya |HP43/44|AC 21/FF16/T15|F+4/Ref+9/W+1|Per+5 Swashbuckler-5|Move 30'|Panache 2/2|

Will save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
I told you I did not want to give you my sight, I will give you the tip my blade. Yen Wu said as the blade once again found its mark.
Rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 211d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

The nukkefeen shakes in frustration as her enchantment fails. The frustration turns to terror as the half-orc comes barreling in, smashing in her shoulder with a swing of his mace. Before she can scream in pain, Yen Wu finishes her with a stab through her chest. She collapses onto the floor, looking eerily like a human-size doll.

Combat Over!

The Pathfinders turn to search the room, but being what likely used to the servants' quarters, nothing of worth is found. Some faint brown stain, likely centuries old, seems suspiciously like blood but there is no way to tell by now.

As you turn to the leave the room, you can't help but wonder what secrets of the house the nukkefeen might have revealed. :)

K12: Nursery

The creaking sound of a rocking cradle echoes in the room. Dolls, wooden figurines, and clockwork toys lie abandoned on a table.

You draw cautiously towards the rocking cradle. Could this be the nukkefeen's "baby"? But as you draw near, what you see instead is a young centipede is squirming to escape from under the blanket, causing the cradle to rock. The creature is too tiny to be of any danger to the you.

On the table, there is a silver music box (worth 35 gp). The sheet music for the melody is carefully folded and placed within the box. On the back of the sheet music are the scrawled words: “play to access the secrets below.”

The Exchange

Male NG Dwarf from Qadira | Cleric of Erastil (formerly Shelyn) 7 | DR5/bludgeoning 35/35 | HP 63/71 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +3, CMD 18 | F: +14, R: +9, W: +17 | Init: +2 | Perc: +19 | SM: +13 | Dipl.: +21 | Rooted Vitality 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: resist electricity 20, defending bone.

Jang shrugs and plays the music box.

“I have to admit that this centipede is very strange! But we should not hurt it! And let us see what kind of secret we can uncover!“

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

Melodious music plays forth from the box when it is opened, but otherwise, nothing unusual seem to happen.

The Exchange

Male NG Dwarf from Qadira | Cleric of Erastil (formerly Shelyn) 7 | DR5/bludgeoning 35/35 | HP 63/71 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +3, CMD 18 | F: +14, R: +9, W: +17 | Init: +2 | Perc: +19 | SM: +13 | Dipl.: +21 | Rooted Vitality 1/1 | Reroll 1/1 | Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: resist electricity 20, defending bone.

Jang casts detect magic and investigates this room and the rooms they were in before.

He also searches them again.

perception : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Sovereign Court

Neutral Good Half Orc Shifter 3 Lorewarden Fighter 2| HP53/53 | AC10 T10 FF10| CMD 18 | Fort 8 Ref 4 Will 2 | Speed 30ft / Climb 10ft | Initiative +0| Perception: +7 DR 5/- and 4/Slashing Vim and Vigor: 6/6 (2d6) | Buffs/Debuffs:

The ooze, upon hearing play to access below goes back downstairs to where it saw a piano. It starts pounding on random keys, because it lacks precision to play an instrument. Certainly, the other Pathfinders hear it clunking on the piano.

The Exchange

M Vishkanya |HP43/44|AC 21/FF16/T15|F+4/Ref+9/W+1|Per+5 Swashbuckler-5|Move 30'|Panache 2/2|

"I think GAB! is trying to say something." Yen Wu said as he heard the piano keys getting pounded, like someone was using their fists to play it. "Unless someone knows how to play a piano, we might have to work a bit to play the tune. lets see if this works"

"May I?" he said asking for the sheet music before heading downstairs. Once downstairs, he smiled at GAB!. "Alright if I give it a shot?" Trying to remember the tunes that he danced to, Yen Wu tried his hand at playing the music.

Perform: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc Alchemist (Energist, Preservationist) 5 HP: 28 | AC: 18 (T13/FF15) | F: +5/R: +8/ W: +2 | Init: +2 | Percep: +5 | Negative Energy Bombs Remaining (DC 17): 12/12

Is the tiny centipede tainted with and/or covered purple goo?

If not:
Krennel follows the others downstairs to see what the squishy barrel-dweller is up to.

If so:
The half-orc hangs back as the others leave. He turns, raises his mace, and proceeds to crush the infected monstrosity into paste. Krennel then follows the others downstairs to see what the squishy barrel-dweller is up to.

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

Indeed, the tiny centipede is coated with the all-too-familiar purple goo...

As the Pathfinders leave the room, Krennel hangs back a little but joins the rest of the team quite quickly, nonchalantly wiping clean his mace from the combat earlier.

Before you head downstairs, can I bring you to room K17, the only remaining floor you've not explored upstairs, just to get it out of the way?

K17: Small Bedroom
The large windows of this bedroom offer a magnificent view of the hills to the northeast. It was likely used as a guest room. A careful search of the room reveals letters scratched into the floor near the bed. Looking under the bed, you see the words “help me” carved into the hardwood planks in a dark substance, but again, from how faded it is, it is likely centuries old.

K6: Ballroom
The Pathfinders then follow the excited blob of glob to the piano. After letting GAB! massacre the piece of music for however long humanly possible, Yen Wu takes over the piano and plays the piece from the sheet music almost flawlessly. Almost immediately, a grinding sound is heard near the piano. You lift up the carpet that lays over the source of the sound, revealing an open trapdoor with a ladder that leads down to what appears to the be cellar.

Before proceeding, the Pathfinders also make a sweep of the ballroom, now without an arrow-firing mite to distract you. The floor, walls, pillars, and fireplaces of this majestic ballroom are all made of polished marble. On the north side of the room, a grand staircase with divided flights leads up to a balcony overlooking the ballroom floor. An angel of black marble is standing menacingly on a platform behind the middle landing of the staircase. A careful search reveals the same purplish goo on both of the room's support columns.

knowledge(planes) DC18:
The statue actually depicts an erinyes devil.

Do you descend or check the rest of the groundfloor: K7-K11?

Grand Lodge

Male Half -Orc Alchemist (Energist, Preservationist) 5 HP: 28 | AC: 18 (T13/FF15) | F: +5/R: +8/ W: +2 | Init: +2 | Percep: +5 | Negative Energy Bombs Remaining (DC 17): 12/12

Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Krennel nods toward the statue, "That there is an erinyes. Gotta love a family brazen enough to put devils on display."

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,313 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM kuey's Gallows of Madness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.