Hells Rebels

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

In the city of Kintargo, there are those who seek to overthrow House Thrune.

The Proclamations

Treasure List

Notes

Maps

images


951 to 1,000 of 1,445 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira wrings her hands together. Adonara described human figures...at least Dad's not among them. I hope.

She's quiet while the others debate what to do. With Pellius and Adonara suggesting going one way, Lodoro suggesting they kill the zombies immediately, and Rutilus silent, what should they do?

Let's just make a decision. The longer we stay here debating, the more likely we'll get caught by something else.

"Let's go with Adonara's plan. We can bar the door to be safe, then circle around. The zombies probably won't care if we get into a fight with something else, but something else might care if they hear us getting into a fight with the zombies."

And three makes a majority!


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius nods in agreement with Kira and claps Lodoro on the shoulder. "I understand your sentiment, my friend, but conveniently they are not going anywhere at the moment." The singer's face would look jovial if not for the somber glint to his eyes and the smile not quite possessing the normal warmth and charm his friends have come to expect.

"We will deal with them soon though. No one should be forced to suffer what they have... we will see that they are returned to slumber soon, I promise you."

Giving Lodoro's shoulder a friendly squeeze, he releases his grip and turns to Kira and Adonara. "So, which of the other two doors should we try first then?"


You can bar the door easily.

Which of the other doors are you heading to?


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

"Well, now that the door has been barred from casual entry, shall we take a look at what is behind one of the other ones?"

Pellius creeps cautiously to the West door and cracks it open about an inch, looking cautiously for a few moments before closing the door quietly again.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


E4

A briny odour wafts from a dozen water-filled cases in this room, each a display of strange, colourful sea creatures. Puddles of water cover the floor alongside shattered glass and fish skeletons. A ten foot square tank of murky water stands to the northeast.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Making sure to stay behind Pellius, Kira pokes her head through the doorway. She gulps at the shattered tanks. "The apes were reanimated, we'd best be prepared in case the fish were too," she whispers.

She very slowly and cautiously begins to search the room, being sure to duck back behind the others at any hint of danger. She's no coward, but neither is she stupid. The others are much better at fighting close up. I'd better make sure to stay behind where I can back them up...without being gobbled up for a snack!

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Searching E4. If Kira doesn't find anything, she'll start heading north to E5, assuming the others are close behind.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara is grateful that the others have the presence of mind to soothe Lodoro – before she can jump in, she herself is surprised, as she considers a half-hearted defense of trying not to leave the zombified remains of others’ nearest and dearest in any worse condition than necessary, under the circumstances, by the thought of how she would feel if someone had to cut down a partially revivified Vianthemis.

Unable to shake the feeling after simply following Pellius and Kira to the next room in silence, she puts on a playful demeanour again that is just a bit too energetic to be quite authentic.

“Strange,” she says, pulling a moue, “Granted that fiends of all sorts are bizarrely, needlessly malicious as a rule, shattering harmless aquarium tanks seems especially arbitrary. This isn’t my sort of place, either, but I wouldn’t go about smashing the place up for it.”

Taking another glance around the room, she notes and points out the opening in the wall just off the doorway she and the others just entered through. Before heading to explore further, she acknowledges Kira’s warning and scans the mess for signs of magical disturbances. Casting detect magic, for now just to see if there is any.

“Again,” she says, stooping to examine one of the fish skeletons, “Even if these were those vicious tropical things – piranhas? I can’t imagine they would be all that practical outside of their tanks.”

“Though I’ve never had call to consider the relative virtues of various skeletal types for adapting undead reanimations for particular environments,” she adds, almost primly. With exaggerated fastidiousness, as if throwing an unsuitable fish back into the sea, she flips the nearest small skeleton into the large murky tank.

Assuming it isn’t actually an undead piranha after all. :) And as curious as she is as to what might be in the big tank, even Adonara at her most desperate for a distraction from unwelcome thoughts isn’t reckless enough to poke about with her own appendages.


Kira, you notice that 2 strange marine creatures - a kind of mix between an ape and a fish are moving from their displays.

Knowledge nature


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius shrugs at Adonara's remarks.

"I would be more worried about them being undead myself. Who is to say that whatever magics that might animate them in the first place might not also allow them to swim through the air... or the land for that matter. Besides, it is clear that whomever was here leaving all these fiends meant to hurt the occupants. Perhaps in front of them, though I would wager this was in frustration at not finding the owners. Leave everything they cared about turned into abominations... hit where it would most hurt."


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Note to self, put a point in K. Nature next level.

Kira freezes in her tracks. "Does anyone else see that?" She points at the strange creatures. "I think they're moving."

Fish, apes, whatever they are...it looks like Pellius might be right about there being undead abominations here too.

"Should we try to shatter them now, just in case? Or move on quickly before this becomes another fight?"


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

It would make more sense for you to do that than me, Kira. Pity I don't have Bardic Lore.

Knowledge: Nature (untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Figures.

"I can try a sonic attack... that might just make them angry though. Still, best that we deal with them now I think. If they are moving then they are likely to pursue us if we try to leave them."


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Man, you lot are busy over the holidays :-)

Lodoro reacts in typical fashion. He steps forward, readying his glaive, and detects evil

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara approves of Pellius’ evident appreciation for twisting the knife, though she’s still unsure if that’s quite what’s going on with the Fantasmagorium. Undead desecration is certainly a pointed message, but at the same time, if one took the trouble to not leave outward signs of disturbance, why not opt for something just a trifle more subtle inside? Or, if the hideout has been breached, just who is such a message for? As always, she’s overthinking things.

The skeletonized fish, at least, seem to be harmless, but the moving things Kira points out give Adonara at least a moment’s pause. If she can try the check untrained, Kn. (nature): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 After only a moment, though, she presses on with the reckless confidence of an elf brought up among carefully curated 'wilderness.' ;)


Adonara you recognise the creatures as ningyo, you know that they have poisonous flesh and they can startle their prey if they attack with surprise causing their prey to become shaken.

In this instance, however, you can all have a surprise round action.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

The creatures’ slow approach stirs a long-buried memory of a tall tale a client told her once, and Adonara responds according to the details that drift up, floating a last casual remark before snapping into action like a sprung spring.

“Careful! These are nasty, sneaky little predators. Poisonous, too.” Her inconsequential tone is belied by the viciousness of her swing as she arcs her whip round at the nearest ningyo. Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 Damage if hits: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Adonara's whip strikes the nearest ningyo and it gibbers in pain.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

"Wonderful... this place just keeps getting better." Pellius drawls as he focuses on the center creature. Drawing in a breath, he focuses his magics and releases the breath as a concentrated burst. To everyone else it is naught but an exhalation, but to the center creature it might as well have been the roar of a lion and an eagle going off right by its eardrums.

Casting Ear-Piercing Scream. 2d6 sonic damange and dazed for a round. Fort save halves damage and negates daze, DC 14 if I am not mistaken.

Ear-Piercing Scream (Sonic): 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Seeing the others start attacking, Kira takes several hasty steps further away from the creatures. And curses when Adonara calls out what seems to be a warning that she can't understand. Why now? Starsong, this is really not the best time.

Then again, there really isn't a good time to have every word in your head stripped away and replaced with the tongue of devils. If Kira ever finds out who cursed her like this, she's going to punch them. Hard.

Infernal:
"Sorry, what did she say?"

Using the surprise round action to move out of the way.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius turns toward the fleeing gnome, a bemused smile briefly gracing his lips. I suppose this would be a stressful situation.

Infernal:

"Basically she said that they are poisonous and that they like to catch their prey by surprise. You keeping your distance if you can probably is a good idea. I will tell them to switch to this 'lovely' tongue, I might not be able to keep translating once I start up the chorus."

Turning to the others, he calls out, "Those of you that understand Infernal switch to it for Kira's sake... I might not be able to do a running translation once I start singing."


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Infernal:
"Thanks! No need to translate everything; I just wanted to know what Adonara said since it sounded like a warning."

Kira continues backing away from the poisonous creatures. Venomous? Lille had always been rather pedantic about the distinction.

('If something bites you and you die, it's venomous. If you bite something and you die, it's poisonous.')

Thanks mom, grammar is definitely my biggest concern right now!

It seems that being around the others has increased her tendency towards sarcasm. Or perhaps that's just because she's thinking in Infernal; it's a rather sarcastic language.

Sorry, couldn't resist the opportunity to meme.


Fort save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Kira initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Pellius initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Adonara initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Lodoro initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Rutilus initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Ningyo initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Initiative order:

Block 1: Rutilus

Block 2: Ningyo

Block 3: Everyone else


Rutilus, your action


Rutilus attacks the nearest Ningyo.

falcata: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

One of the Ningyos attacks Rutilus, one attacks Adonara, the centre one is still dazed.

claw on Rutilus: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

claw on Adonara: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

On to block 3


critical confirm by Rutilus: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

damage: 3d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 8, 2) + 4 = 20


Rutilus slices one of the Ningyo into several pieces.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara takes a step back, hoping to draw the creatures out, give the others more room to keep the nasty things off-balance, and herself more room to work. With a flick of her wrist, her whip lashes out again. Attack, let’s say targeting the one she hit last round: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Damage?: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Feeling a bit emboldened, Pellius steps up and swings at the stunned fish ape with his longsword.

Melee Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"Let me know if you need me to sing an inspiring tune... I just feel like these guys might not last more than a few bars at this rate," He calls out in both infernal and common as he (presumably) sees the blade cut into the beast.


Adonara's whip strikes the ningyo in front of her and it howls in pain.

Pellius deals the stunned ningyo a mighty blow.

Anyone else?


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Not wanting to use one of her few remaining spells, Kira takes her crossbow and aims at the nearest creature.

L. Crossbow, Melee Penalty: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 4 = 17
P. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Attacking the ningyo next to Pellius.


Kira's bolt flies through the air, penetrating the brain of the ning yo, killing it instantly.

Anyone else?


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro strikes at the foul beast

bluff to feint: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
glaive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 vs (hopefully) no dex AC
crit confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 vs (hopefully) no dex AC

damage: 2d10 + 6 ⇒ (2, 10) + 6 = 18


With Lodoro's blow the final Ning yo is destroyed.

Where next?

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

“Thank you kindly,” Adonara smiles, as Lodoro relieves her of the last monster, for the moment.

A quizzical look crosses her features as she considers the remains while coiling her weapon. Anticipating questions as to why on earth she's heard of ningyo, she shrugs, “In my line, it’s useful to know a bit about various sirens and the like. Pity about these cut-rate merfolk, though. I mean, one would hardly hope for a nereid, but why would anyone keep such wretched little creatures?”

“I’m hardly surprised this place closed, now. It needed a more sensible curator desperately, she adds lightly. As if to volunteer, she moves briskly to the doorway into the adjoining room towards the front of the building (E4a), taking a despairing look at the disarray she’s sure to find. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Distracted by the knowledge that there are still the zombies to be dealt with on the other side of the building, to say nothing of goddess knows what else, Adonara's gaze flickers about regrettably superficially.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira relaxes and lowers her crossbow. That had gone significantly better than she thought it would. The creatures hadn't been able to so much as scratch anyone before they fell.

"Probably they were included because no one knew what they were. More of a curiosity that way. Hocum could claim they were anything." Kira walks up behind Adonara and also glances around the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara’s jaw drops for a moment, until she recovers. “That’s appalling, but I suppose it makes a twisted sort of sense – given that the sorts of people that would know would probably be mad wizards, mystics, or otherwise difficult to lure to mundane discussion for very long.”

She’s obviously still a bit nonplussed: even if she didn’t also at least dabble in librarianship and theology, with a healthy professional respect for how strongly she can make what claims, her goddess is also a goddess of knowledge, even if that seems to be less strongly stressed in human lands, and while Adonara does actually know that not everyone basically grew up in a cathedral library...

Her mouth quirks up again in a small self-deprecating bow, and she sighs, “He would have been well-served by working more closely with the Archivists, I’d warrant. Let’s hope there’s enough left here that we can help the Order recover quickly, whatever’s happened.”


In the little side room (E4a) you can see that the exhibits primarily featured species of fish and shellfish from Nisroch Bay and amphibians from the banks of the Yolubilis River. All are now dead.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira shrugs at Adonara's dismay. "It doesn't seem like this place was all that focused on scholastic integrity. It was...entertainment. Not educational. At least these particular exhibits seem inclined to stay dead."

She double-checks that her crossbow is loaded and starts heading for the north exit.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Peeking into E5 to see if there are any immediately obvious threats.


Looking into E5

Plants, rocks, and hundreds of motionless specks fill the countless glass cases throughout this long hall. The preserved husks of giant insects and arachnids-including a ten foot tall spider-leer over the displays. A dead man's body, swathed in red-and-black robes and covered in welts lies on the floor.

Kira you can hear an occasional scuttling sound.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara dutifully looks over the natural history exhibit quickly even if it’s not her thing, before hurrying to catch up with Kira and the others. She does pause by the remains of the ningyo tank to confirm that Hocum – or his assistants, but regardless – did seem to have the audacity to call the creatures Mermaids! Adonara can hear the showman’s invisible exclamation mark, and her head tosses in mild scorn before she even realizes what she’s doing.

Catching up, she hastens to defend herself from the charge of pedantry, “To be sure, I have no objection to many forms of entertainment, not all of which have to be educational, precisely. It’s just…” If no one in Golarion has coined the word edutainment yet, they should soon. :)

Before she can continue her disquisition on taste, Adonara spots the body Kira’s found and changes the subject, if not her mildly teasing tone, abruptly.

“Well, if it isn’t one of our best friends from Hell,” she quips, guessing from the rather Asmodean livery. “Though if he’s just been left here, it seems likely that there’s something else going on after all.”

She doesn’t hesitate in her attempt to find out, and advances, though cautiously, into the room to examine the body more closely and look for the way to the rest of the building. If she can, she’ll ready an action to take a swipe with her whip at anything that jumps out at her as soon as it’s within reach.


The scuttling noise seems to be getting louder and closer

Knowledge nature


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro advances a little towards the scuttling sound, putting himself between the party and danger.

He also, of course, detects evil :-)

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara frowns as she thinks she hears something, trying to decide if her imagination isn't running away with her, given the contents of the room.
Know (nature), untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 I think we're all a bunch of city slickers. Hopeless, really. ;)


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

As they were walking along the way.
Pellius keeps mostly silent on the topic of entertainment and places like the one they were in. Honestly. If folks want entertainment they should go to the opera. Or support their local tavern singer. Who finds places like this fun or engaging? Glancing inadvertently at Kira, he mentally adds, Well, who besides scholars...

His internal train of thought is derailed by the discovery of the body.

"Well, that is unexpected. You would think with all the undead in the area that our friend here would be among them... or at least in a worse state. Does anyone else hear that noise?"

Knowledge: Nature (Untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Pellius you recognise the sound as belonging to scarlet spiders. They are tiny in size and their bite is poisonous.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

The sound finally clicks a memory from childhood, causing some of the color to drain from the bard's face.

"Watch yourselves! Only scarlet spiders make that kind of chittering! They might be tiny but their bite is as venomous as any serpents' sting. I somehow doubt they have antivenom on hand either... perhaps we should move quickly."

As he speaks, Pellius looks around himself in a frantic panic, brushing his skin and clothes at every perceived tingling.

Percpetion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Somehow appropriate.

But the constant jumping at shadows prevents him from seeing many, if any, actual threats.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira gulps, also feeling her skin begin to crawl. Spiders are far scarier than any undead monstrosities. Undead she could at least try to help kill. She doesn't have anything that would help against a swarm of spiders.

"Let's get out of here, quickly!" She starts heading down the hall, hoping to get out before the spiders notice them.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

As Pellius explains what it is that everyone’s not just imagining they’re hearing, Adonara quickly estimates the length of the room, glad too that everyone’s lightly-armoured enough that they shouldn’t have to worry about that slowing them down much.

“Do let’s,” she agrees quickly, falling in step as Kira leads the way towards the exit on the other side of the room.

Goddess, you know we try to emulate your holy wasp, like you taught us, she silently prays as she breaks down the hall, but we would be really grateful if you kept these spiders off us too!

Heading for E6 as fast as she can! Of all the times to be caught not having prepared burning hands!


As you were readying/prepared I will allow you all to evade the spiders for I am a kind and generous gm :p

E6

A circular alcove off this hallway cradles a lovingly maintained statue of a regal man, his arms outstretched and his chest adorned with a carving of a winged eye. Empty picture frames line the walls.

Knowledge religion and Perception checks

951 to 1,000 of 1,445 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.