Hells Rebels

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

In the city of Kintargo, there are those who seek to overthrow House Thrune.

The Proclamations

Treasure List

Notes

Maps

images


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,133 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 2 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 23/23 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +6 | Ref +2| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 4

You are indeed! :)

Happily, the spiders are evidently content to lurk in their accustomed abode, and Adonara carefully lets out a breath of relief when that becomes clear. She suspects that that might not have been the case if she had tried to move the body, and turns to examine the next room’s contents more closely to avoid thinking about the implications too much.

Know (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"No reason to fight vermin, I suppose. As long as they're not EVIL vermin :-)"

Lodoro advances to the front, ready for the statue to leap to life, or the eye to fly off the chest

"Hmm, I think I may be getting a little paranoid :-(. Still, better safe than sorry"


Adonara you recognise the statue as being a representation of the god Aroden. There is something off about the statue but you can't really tell what that is.


Female Gnome Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +4 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+3 | BAB: +2, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +9, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 2/6

Kira breathes a sigh of relief as they make it to the next area unscathed. "Spiders. I hate spiders. Nasty, swarming creatures." She shudders.

However her revulsion is quickly replaced by curiosity. "Hey, what's a statue of Aroden doing here? Doesn't seem to fit in with the other decor." She starts poking around the statue.

K. Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 2 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 23/23 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +6 | Ref +2| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 4

After taking a few moments to fully appreciate the work, Adonara ventures her opinion, a bit of ruefulness in her voice, “Well, if that doesn’t take me back! The Last Azlanti! Poor fellow…”

She shakes her head as if to shake a loose memory of her earliest lessons in the faiths of the Inner Sea, back when she had to reach all the way up to hold an adult’s hand, back into place. “It’s a shame to see such a fine piece turned into so much bric-a-brac.” Say it with me now, “It belongs in a proper museum!” ;)

Finger to chin, she catches the others’ eyes as she muses, ending with Lodoro especially, “That said, there is something odd about it. I’d happily spend a few minutes turning it upside-down, but maybe there’s a hint on the other side of the building? In that case, it’s about time to put some zombies to rest, anyway.”

Happy to cast guidance on the person with the best Perception modifier and take 20, that is. Whether we do that before or after clearing out the undead trouble and searching that half of the place is nbd.


Kira, you recognise the statue as the god Aroden, however the pose is not the usual one that Aroden is seen in.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Feeling just a little bit silly about the whole thing, Lodoro detects evil on the statue

"I wonder if odd means evil? I'm DEFINITELY getting a little paranoid"


Female Gnome Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +4 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+3 | BAB: +2, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +9, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 2/6

"The pose is strange. Aroden isn't normally depicted with arms outstretched like that; he's usually holding a sword or something." Kira casts one last look at the statue. "If the winged eye wasn't a dead giveaway I'd think it was a statue of someone else who just resembled Aroden."

She steps away. "A mystery for another time I suppose. Adonara's right, we're too close to the zombies to spend much more time here without taking care of them first." Kira takes a deep breath. Take care of them...that makes it sound so simple. But those are Rexus' parents. And possibly...

She forces that thought out of her mind. "Let's go. We can come back here once we're sure we won't get ambushed."


Lodoro, the statue does not detect as evil.

Where do you want to head to next?

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 2 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 23/23 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +6 | Ref +2| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 4

“A bit…” Adonara is about to joke, of paranoia can be helpful, until it stirs a vicious memory.

“Very well, then,” she reiterates sharply, trying to get hold of herself. Pointing down the hall on the other side of the statue, she says, tactical considerations mercifully taking over her thoughts, “That should eventually turn back towards where the zombies were. Fortunately the halls are narrow enough that we should be able to avoiding being overrun. Keep close, and with the goddess’ help we’ll soon put a stop to this sacrilege.”

Hmm. Let’s circle towards E8 by way of E7, squishing any zombies we meet as we go, I guess? Lodoro (and Rutilus) in front, Adonara in the middle to provide what spell and additional melee support she can, and then Kira and Pellius where hopefully they won’t be dragged close in?

(The "keep close" bit is just because I figure Adonara'll cast bless at the suitable moment, and as a burst it doesn't go around corners.)


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 3 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 18/18 | F +1 R +5 W +5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 2/4 | Performance: 10/14 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +7

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Knowledge: Religion (untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Appraise (untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Pellius examines the statue, trying to recall any stories he might have heard that would explain the odd posture of the statue. He also attempts to determine if it might be a forgery, using his knowledge of props and backdrops from his old opera days as a reference.

Shaking his head, he turns to Adonara and Kira. "Very well, but try to be... respectful... while putting them back to rest. Goddess knows they have suffered enough at the hands of our enemies already."

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 2 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 23/23 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +6 | Ref +2| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 4

Adonara nods, channeling her irritation into a hopefully faster reaction time as she steps quietly down the hall.

“I know,” is all she says, her voice dropping low, “what it is to bring a body home.”


E7

Wax replicas of various politicians, folk heroes, deities and creatures fill this room, some laughably fake and others eerily lifelike. One in particular stands out- a depiction of a man dressed in bloodstained professor's robes. This figure wields a bloody surgeon's knife in one hand, but its face has been melted away into an unrecognisable waxen mess save for a single glaring eye.

Knowledge history or local

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 2 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 23/23 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +6 | Ref +2| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 4

The uncanny spectacle of wax mannequins of various degrees of verisimilitude, particularly in a building in which Adonara knows there are hostile no-longer-regular-humans lurking gives the priestess pause, and she proceeds even more cautiously than she would if she were just expecting zombies around the next corner.

One figure in particular stirs a few memories from her crash course in Kintargan history before embedding herself to observe and foment rebellion. She's actually trained in this one! Kn. (history): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

With a shiver, though, she catfoots over to what must be a doorway leading to where she last saw the zombies, moving slowly and hugging the shadows as she tries to make sure she and the others won’t be rudely interrupted if they want to take a closer look at these new statues.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Unfortunately, her foot catches on something as she insinuates herself between sculptures, and though she's able to recover her balance before making too much of a noise, catching herself means she only gets a quick glance through the passage ahead before she hugs the relative safety of the wall on the other side.


Adonara, you recognise the statue as a representation of Professor Mangvhune the Temple Hill Slasher, an infamous Kintargan murderer who was executed 116 years ago. You think that the eye is worth 150gp. You can hear the occasional shuffling sound coming from E8

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 2 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 23/23 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +6 | Ref +2| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 4

Lovely, Adonara thinks, matching the statue’s glare with one of her own. There are more helpful ways to remember such a slaughter.

After another few seconds of the pair eyeing each other up, the adventuress (That spelling intentional. ;) ) priestess completes her ethical and aesthetical assessment – all other considerations aside, the thing’s half-melted anyway and she can think of a hundred better uses for the gem off-hand – she uses her dagger to pry out the wax Slasher’s remaining eye. (I have to at least try, right? It’s tradition! As far back as there’s been a Dungeon Master’s Guide, wasn’t it?)

Holding out her free hand to catch the eye, Adonara sends an encouraging look back down the hall to the others. With a short jerk of her head towards the other door out of the room of effigies, she mentally prepares a quick blessing for when everyone’s ready.


The wax effigy wobbles slightly as you pry the eye out but doesn't fall.

Where next?


Female Gnome Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +4 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+3 | BAB: +2, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +9, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 2/6

Kira sneaks forward, loaded crossbow at the ready. She gives Adonara a sideways look as she removes the eye, but doesn't comment. Is now really the best time? Although I suppose it will be better off with us...and if we need to make a hasty getaway we might not have a chance to come back...

She gets in position behind the wall and gives Pellius a nod. "Ready when you are," she mouthes, voice barely more than a whisper.


This series of open galleries may have once held numerous paintings and other objects of curiosity in several glass cases, but today the displays are all empty. The five zombies are all over at the far end of the room.

You can all have a surprise round action

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 2 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 23/23 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +6 | Ref +2| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 4

A hint of a grin twitches at the corner of Adonara’s mouth as the priestess notes Kira’s response to her timely acquisition, but despite the nervous excitement of impending combat, Adonara maintains her focus. She does appreciate the side-eye, though, I’m sure. Honestly, a day she doesn’t earn a sidelong glance, dropped jaw, or the like, from someone probably counts as a bit of a disappointment. :)

Padding forward with the others, she’s relieved that the plan seems to be working, and when it becomes clear that her group has the advantage, she raises a curled whip in a brief signal before she announces their presence with a blessing carried on a burst of words and light.

“Savoured Sting! Guard our hands against our foes and our hearts against breaking!”

Casting bless: everyone gets a +1 morale bonus to attacks, saves vs. fear for 2 minutes.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 3 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 18/18 | F +1 R +5 W +5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 2/4 | Performance: 10/14 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +7

Right before we start: At the signal, Pellius creates a phantom sound of creaking boards leading up toward the opposing door, followed by the sound sounds of something attempting to open it. The zombies seem to fall for it, shuffling toward the far side of the room. Giving a thumbs up to his companions, he awaits the signal to attack.

It is not long after that Adonara's rallying cry and blessing washes over him. Taking up the call, he breaks into a rousing, yet haunting, song aimed at keeping them focused on the task of bringing swift repose to these unfortunates.

Surprise round action: beginning bardic performance: inspire courage. Add another +1 to attack rolls, +1 to damage rolls, and on saves against charm. (Also does saves vs fear, but that doesn't stack with Bless.)


Female Gnome Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +4 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+3 | BAB: +2, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +9, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 2/6

Kira clutches her crossbow tighter for a moment, then fires it at the closest zombie. She doubts it will do much, but she's not going to be the first to walk up and try to start stabbing them!

L. Crossbow, Bless, IC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 21
P. Damage, IC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro advances, glaive at the ready, waiting to cut down the zombies as they approach

Surprise round so no readied action. But I might well get an attack of opportunity with my glaive

Attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 19 for damage: 1d10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11 slashing


Kira's crossbow bolt hits a zombie, Lodoro manages to drop another one with his glaive.

Anyone else?


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 3 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 18/18 | F +1 R +5 W +5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 2/4 | Performance: 10/14 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +7

Pretty sure that is everyone... Baolo hasn't posted since August and Rutilus hasn't posted since November.


Pellius initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Lodoro initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Kira initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Adonara initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

zombie initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12


Initiative order:

Block 1: Lodoro, Pellius and Adonara

Block 2: Zombies

Block 3: Kira

So block 1, over to you.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 2 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 23/23 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +6 | Ref +2| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 4

Grateful that the zombies are so slow to respond, and knowing that – infuriatingly – Lodoro is faster than she is, Adonara follows as quickly as she can. Calling a spark of magic to her weapon as she goes, she uncurls her lash towards the legs of the next zombie with an almost lazy gesture belied by the flash of the whip’s sting.

Trip attack: 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 3 = 15 Vs. CMD. She’ll target the zombie closest to her and Lodoro that’s still on its feet at her turn in initiative order. With a sharp tug, she tries to yank the undead thing off its feet.

(9 more rounds for this dip into her arcane pool.)


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 3 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 18/18 | F +1 R +5 W +5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 2/4 | Performance: 10/14 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +7

Pellius, still keeping up his song, sheathes his sword and draws his bow and an arrow. Taking a step out from behind Kira, he begins to take aim at the zombies.

Move action to sheath my longsword, standard action to draw my bow and an arrow, free actions to take a 5 foot step to current map position and maintain bardic performance. 11 rounds remaining after this round.


Adonara successfully manages to trip the zombie


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro takes a step back, feints with the glaive and then attacks a zombie

bluff to feint: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
glaive: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11 vs (hopefully) no dex AC
damage: 1d10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6


Lodoro drops one of the zombies.

The tripped zombie stands up again.

One of the zombies moves across to attack Adonara

One moves towards Pellius.

Kira, your action.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

I'm not sure if Lodoro is within 10 ft of the zombie that stood up (he is wielding a reach weapon). So, in case he is, I'll roll an Attack of Opportunity. If he isn't, just ignore this :-)

attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10 for damage: 1d10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8

Edit:
Never mind. Nothing to see here :-)


Female Gnome Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +4 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+3 | BAB: +2, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +9, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 2/6

Kira quickly reloads her crossbow and takes aim at the zombie coming for her and Pellius. Unfortunately that's the best she can do.

L. Crossbow, Bless, IC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 19
P. Damage, IC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Kira's bolt flies through the air, striking one of the zombies, it is still there but only just.

Back to block 1


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 3 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 18/18 | F +1 R +5 W +5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 2/4 | Performance: 10/14 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +7

Pellius keeps on singing, releasing an arrow at the approaching zombie.

Ranged+Bless+IC: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 8

His focus on his correct chord progression, however, distracts him enough that the shot goes wide.

Internally cursing to himself, he takes a few steps further into the room. Not wanting the zombie to go after Kira, he adds a few impromptu lyrics to his song directed at the zombie.

"Hey you, dead man you,
come hither and meet your doom.
Focus not on the gnome ahead,
listen and follow my voice instead!"

Standard action to shoot, move action to move, free action maintain Inspire Courage. 10 Rounds remain after this round.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 2 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 23/23 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +6 | Ref +2| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 4

Adonara gives just enough ground to get out of the nearest zombie’s reach, trying to keep an eye out for all of them. Though she knows dividing her attention is a bit of a risk, she lashes out with a spell in one direction, her whip in another.

5’ step, then using spell combat: disrupt undead targeting the zombie heading for Kira and Pellius, weapon attack against the zombie closest to her.

Disrupt undead, ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 2 - 2 = 17 Damage if hits: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Whip: 1d20 + 4 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 - 2 = 9 Damage if hits: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

(8 rounds left for this dip into the arcane pool.)


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro feints and then tries to cut down a zombie

bluff to feint: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
glaive: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 11 vs (hopefully) no dex AC
damage: 1d10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9


Lodoro and Adonara between them drop another zombie.


The zombies move forward to Lodoro and Kira

Back to you guys


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"I think that we've almost got this"

He again feints and then slices at yet another of the foul undead

bluff to feint: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
glaive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 vs (hopefully) no dex AC
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Lodoro's blow finishes the zombie near him

One left.


Female Gnome Oracle 3 | HP 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +4 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+3 | BAB: +2, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +9, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 2/6

Kira takes a step back and fires another shot at the zombie coming for her.

L. Crossbow, Bless, IC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 23
P. Damage, IC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

5 foot step, Attack, Reload.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 2 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 23/23 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +6 | Ref +2| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 4

Seeing her previous spell tear away at the necromantic energies puppetting the dead and Lodoro cutting a swathe through the zombies, Adonara turns to the last with grim satisfaction, stepping closer to set both spell and weapon against it, but trying to yank this one off its feet too.

Same as last round, only with a trip attempt instead of a regular attack.
Disrupt undead, ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 - 2 = 21 Damage if hits: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Trip attack, vs. CMD: 1d20 + 4 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 - 2 = 11
OK, looks like the dice roller vastly prefers the "spell" part of spell combat, at least for Adonara.

(6 rounds left for this pool point.)


With Kira's bolt and Adonara's spell energy the remaining zombie is destroyed.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 3 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 18/18 | F +1 R +5 W +5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 2/4 | Performance: 10/14 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +7

Pellius stops singing as the zombie falls, releasing tension on the bow. Requivering the arrow, he puts the bow back on his back. As he does so, he begins to sing a soft dirge... mostly to himself, but also to the fallen members of house Victocora.

Perform (sing): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

As he sings, he reverently arranges each body into a more restful posture, ensuring that eyes are closed and arms are crossed. The zombie that Kira had to shoot he removes, as gently as possible, the lodged crossbow bolts from as he does. Finally satisfied, he finishes the dirge and rises up to face his companions.

"I am no priest or mortician, but this is the best I can do for them right now. We will have to do more once we find any other answers this place might provide... but for now, it will have to do."

Drawing his sword once more, he nods that he is ready to proceed.


I think that leaves E10 as the only room you haven't been in

Overturned desks and scattered paperwork cover the floor of this large workroom; doors hand open on the walls to the southeast and northeast to reveal empty offices, each containing a number of bedrolls and supplies.

You see a man in a breastplate bearing the symbol of Asmodeus. He turns as you come in.


"Leave now, or face the wrath of Asmodeus."


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 3 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 18/18 | F +1 R +5 W +5 | Spells: Lvl 1: 2/4 | Performance: 10/14 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +7

Biting back the curse he would want to spit at the man, his infernal god, and (presumably) his desecration of much of the place, Pellius instead decides that questions and curses might be better asked with the man bound.

"Oh, do not worry about us. We are here to give you a break."

As he says this, the bard focuses on his magical energies and attempts to bring the man some sleep.

Casting Sleep on the man. Will save to negate, DC is 14. Regardless of success, this is my second spell for the day, 2 remaining.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 2 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 23/23 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 15 | Fort +6 | Ref +2| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 4

Backtracking just a bit:
Adonara helps Pellius arrange the forcefully deanimated bodies as respectfully as possible. Thoughts still racing with the rush of combat, she tries to think of an appropriate prayer. Some of the imagery that she would find most comforting herself is unsuitable, given the marks of burn injuries, and the insensitive don’t last long in Adonara’s profession.
Eventually, she finds something. “Grant them sweet water, goddess. Grant them rest. Grant them joy.”
It needs hardly be said that that joy might include some measure of vengeance delivered at the priestess’ hands.

As the group presses on through what seem likely to be the last important doors of the museum only to be met by a diabolical threat, Adonara can feel that she’s not alone in her consternation, as Pellius schools a sharp response into a frown and then a decided surge of magic…

Adonara, though, especially after one more instance of accumulated unpleasantness, has no qualms about exercising her sarcasm, and she quickly jumps in, her contempt viciously trivial, “Wrath of Asmodeus? Some jumped-up imp? Please. Call me when you’ve found a god worthy of the name.”

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 To identify Pellius’ spell. Phooey. Sleep’s got a 1-round casting time, right? If she can, Adonara will try to get in an Intimidate check. She's not quite sure what the singer's casting, but as the spell teases and insinuates on the edge of her sense for magic as its power builds, she issues a blatant threat to distract the Asmodean.

“Now, listen to my friend and clear off before I decide it would be better just to clear you out.” As she reaches for her weapon, her hand just caresses the blades woven into its thongs in a most disconcerting sort of way.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 With another +4 on top if we flip a coin or something and decide a lady, however heretical, is at all likely to catch the fellow’s eye, from Adonara’s Deific Obedience feat.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,133 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.