#9-07 Salvation of the Sages PbP (Inactive)

Game Master supervillan

MAPS & HANDOUTS


701 to 727 of 727 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Active Conditions: Life Link: Zeno, Shield Other: Kiboko, LOH: 14/14 Male Gnome 36007-3 Paladin Holy Light 8/Oracle Life 1 | AC 22 T 12 FF 21 w/SMITE 28 T 18 FF 27 | HP 83/83 | F +14 R +11 W +15 | Init +2 | Acro -3 | Bluff +6 | Dipl +10 | Intim + 6 | Know (rel) + 4 | Ling + 11 | Perc +2

Nimbus? All still misses in any case.

Nimbus
30' Radius - 4/10 rounds
+1 Moral Bonus AC, Attack, Damage, Saving Throws Vs Fear


High-tier Weapon | Low-tier Weapon | Mammoths

Unused to fighting from the prone position, all of Ischell's flurry of attacks fail to land.

Tahonikepsu and Peridot may act!


With a dragony growl Tahonikepsu strikes Tahari.


High-tier Weapon | Low-tier Weapon | Mammoths

Tahonikepsu's jaws are coated in black ectoplasm, Tahari is not yet destroyed...

Peridot is up!

Silver Crusade

F Half Orc Alchemist 10 Bombs 17/17
Spoiler:
HP83/83 - AC 25, T 16, FF 21/ F +12, R +14, W +7/ CMD 23, Per +14(Dk Vis), Init +4, Move 30ft


attk: 1d20 + 11 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 27 vs touch
dmg: 4d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 3, 5, 6) + 6 = 24 fire damage halved since incorporeal
Exclude all the squares that allies are in.
Provokes?

Peridot still in excruciating pain and sluggish from the latest onslaught takes a bomb and just hurls it directly at the necromancer.


High-tier Weapon | Low-tier Weapon | Mammoths

Technically would provoke for ranged attack, Peridot, but you could easily just have Tahonikepsu take a flying 5' step before she attacks so we'll assume that.

Peridot, despite the agonies of Tahari's magics affecting her, launches a fiery bomb - and it consumes the ghost of Aryana Tahair!

Fragments of black shadow fly from the ghost as she burns away to nothing. The fragments hurtle towards the Sage Jewels - but the Jewels pulse with a warm light and the fragments are repelled.

A black rift opens in the ritual space. An alien eye gazes out of it, then the rift is filled with a tiger-like face, crowned with horns upon which are etched ancient curses. Oily serpents slither out of the fang-filled mouth as the fiend speaks: "Aryana Tahari! Long have I waited for this day! None may deny Ahriman his due. Come! Come to Abaddon and repay your debt to me! Come to Abaddon and serve me for Eternity!" Ahriman, Lord of All Divs, opens wide his maw. The shadow-fragments are sucked in, and a last keening wail is heard as they vanish into darkness. The rift closes as Ahriman recedes, and the serpents dissolve into a slick black scum.

The library shakes.

"Come, we must leave now before the complex collapses! I will carry us back to Merab" says Tahonikepsu, resuming her human form to better navigate the narrow corridors.

"We did it! We actually succeeded! Thank you pathfinders, we would not have succeeded without you!" Amenopheus recovers the spinel and onyx Jewels, and makes haste to follow Tahonikepsu.

"Well done team" says Grandmaster Torch, a satisfied smile on his face as he looks into the Emerald Jewel.

"I expected more from her" rasps Sinuhotep.

"The threat is ended. We have cleansed the Jewels and prevented the return of a great evil. Now we must look to the future" says Dhiara.

Congratulations! After a long struggle Black Moon is defeated and you saved all the Sage Jewels! I'm going to give you a while to RP the aftermath before I post an epilogue.

Silver Crusade

F Half Orc Alchemist 10 Bombs 17/17
Spoiler:
HP83/83 - AC 25, T 16, FF 21/ F +12, R +14, W +7/ CMD 23, Per +14(Dk Vis), Init +4, Move 30ft

" You expected more than an undead person who created an near incurable plague while also managing to maintain some degree of consciousness hiding in your gems...," Peridot says exasperated at the lich.

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

"She got her just deserts, but she deserved so much more" Frost bristles at the whole vile display "The suffering she caused was enormous, but now the task ahead is to stamp out her legacy and let the sages build something good to rub out the stain"

Frost says nothing to Sinuhotep, quietly surprised the Lich did not step across the line and betray them.

"Ahn, you truly were the Shield of Ragathiel. Our brother Ragnar has fallen, could you call him back when you are rested?" Frost points to the fallen warhorse.

Dark Archive

Active Conditions: Life Link: Zeno, Shield Other: Kiboko, LOH: 14/14 Male Gnome 36007-3 Paladin Holy Light 8/Oracle Life 1 | AC 22 T 12 FF 21 w/SMITE 28 T 18 FF 27 | HP 83/83 | F +14 R +11 W +15 | Init +2 | Acro -3 | Bluff +6 | Dipl +10 | Intim + 6 | Know (rel) + 4 | Ling + 11 | Perc +2

”Yes Frost, I can bring Ragnar back... but today taxed me, I had to call on Ragathiel more than I ever have before. I’ll need to rest and pray... but I will bring him back. I regret not being able to protect him in the heat of battle, but I will bring him back. If we do not stay here tonight though, we’ll have to find a way to carry him.”

Ahn kneels, leaning on his bow, catching his breath.

”We are fortunate he’s the only one of us to perish here... I was even brought near to death by that ancient paladin... gods rest his freed soul.”


High-tier Weapon | Low-tier Weapon | Mammoths

"Tahari had 8000 years to plan for this day. That is why I expected more. How long did it take us to end her? Let us be glad that we were the stronger, that our plan worked." Sinuhotep responds.

"We are grateful for your aid Pathfinders" adds Tahonikepsu "we could not have done this without you."

"We cannot stay here - the building is unstable, and with Tahari's links to the Jewels broken I cannot say how long these walls will hold! Get Ragnar to the surface if you can." Amenopheus urges you on.

Silver Crusade

F Half Orc Alchemist 10 Bombs 17/17
Spoiler:
HP83/83 - AC 25, T 16, FF 21/ F +12, R +14, W +7/ CMD 23, Per +14(Dk Vis), Init +4, Move 30ft

Peridot just grumbles,"Fair...."

Dark Archive

Active Conditions: Life Link: Zeno, Shield Other: Kiboko, LOH: 14/14 Male Gnome 36007-3 Paladin Holy Light 8/Oracle Life 1 | AC 22 T 12 FF 21 w/SMITE 28 T 18 FF 27 | HP 83/83 | F +14 R +11 W +15 | Init +2 | Acro -3 | Bluff +6 | Dipl +10 | Intim + 6 | Know (rel) + 4 | Ling + 11 | Perc +2

”Ischell, can you carry Ragnar if you enlarge yourself again? Any one else have an option? Teleport? Levitate?”

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

"Or we have a Dragon" Frost looks at Tahonikepsu as well.


High-tier Weapon | Low-tier Weapon | Mammoths

Tahonikepsu starts to argue that the tunnels of the sanctum are too narrow for her to safely navigate in her true form, but Torch cuts her off.

"Guys, c'mon now, seriously. All these paladins and wizards and nobody thought to pack a couple of Carry Companion scrolls? Good job I read the agent dossiers at least! No pathfinder left behind! Not this time!"

The Grandmaster pulls a scroll from his bag. "I'm pretty sure dead means willing in this case." He activates the scroll and touches Ragnar's corpse. The noble steed is transformed into a tiny stone statuette, that Torch gently picks up and hands to Frost.

It's arguable that dead doesn't mean willing but the complex is collapsing and there's no time for that ;)

Together, Jeweled Sages and Pathfinders beat a path to the exit as the complex shudders and crumbles, to be lost in the sands once more. You make your way back into the sunlight, in the ruins of Resa.

You fly back to Merab atop Tahonikepsu's back - but it's not until you are in the air that you notice Grandmaster Torch's absence. The Emerald Sage is vanished.

Reconvening at the Twisting Garden Lodge (sans Torch), the Sages are elated. Tahonikepsu commissions a sculpture for the sages’ sanctum to commemorate for all time the Pathfinders’ role in the salvation of the order. The Sages pool their resources to cover all costs of healing you and removing any outstanding afflictions that you may be suffering from. All attribute damage, diseases, negative levels and so forth are cleared at no cost to you. The Sages also see to Ragnar's raising if necessary.

Amenpheus notes Torch's absence. "The Grandmaster has always followed his own course. I suspect we have not heard the last of the Emerald Sage. I am glad that we freed him from Tahari's influence, whatever he decides to do next."

Scarab Sages

F Dwarf Wizard 10

Agate is somewhat overwhelmed but manages finally to say, "I'm glad to see all the Sages restored and their wisdom saved. I hope to see Osirion growing brighter in my lifetime."

Grand Lodge

Male LN Oread Occultist 7 / Living Monolith 1 | HP 54/66 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +10; (+2 vs. negative levels, death effects, and mind-affecting effects) | Init: +1 | Perc: +10 (+12 to notice stonework), SM: +8; Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Mental Focus: Abj.: 1/4; Trans.: 6/6 | Spells: 1st - 4/5, 2nd - 4/4, 3rd - 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Athum is a little overwhelmed by the end of it all, and stays silent during their flight, mulling over his thoughts in his own head. Finally, at the mention of Grandmaster Torch, the Oread sighs outwardly and admits,"I will be the first to admit that I had my doubts about Torch, but in the end he proved a valuable ally. I also want to convey my thanks to all of you, my allies. Without you, I would have been just another corpse in those ruins. Another casualty of the Black Moon."

Sovereign Court

Human Male UC Monk 1/Pal 6 | HP 44/53 (0 nl, 0 temp)| AC 23 T 18 FF 17 | CMB +13, CMD 31 | F: +14, R: +11, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +4, Dipl +8 | Speed 30 | ER Fire/Cold (4) Rest (3), Immune: Disease, Fear* (*+4 to allies within 10 feet) | Spells: 1(2/2) LOH: 5/7 (3d6) Smite 2/2 Active conditions: 10 ft reach, Mage Armor

The joy in seeing Tahari fall is fleeting for Ischell, and he stays mostly quiet and out of the way.

I was too weak

He gladly helps carry whatever is needed out the caverns, taking the last of his enlarge potions if necessary.

In a quiet moment, he turns to his companions.

"I am sorry, dudes... I... I... hope that no one was too injured due to my recklessness. I don't, like, envy the decision you had to make about attacking me."

There is a long pause

"Perhaps I am not as close to my own enlightenment as I once thought"

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

"It is no reflection on you Ischell, Tahari had a thousand years to master their foul arts, it was just the will of the gods on the day - it also meant she was contained and corralled long enough for us to get positioned to deliver the final blows - so I think you had the last laugh in that one, as you were her fatal mistake"

Frost fidgets with the stone effigy representing Flash, and puts the beast on the table for the Sages to deal with "The steed was just as much a martyr as anyone else"

Yay winning!

Dark Archive

Active Conditions: Life Link: Zeno, Shield Other: Kiboko, LOH: 14/14 Male Gnome 36007-3 Paladin Holy Light 8/Oracle Life 1 | AC 22 T 12 FF 21 w/SMITE 28 T 18 FF 27 | HP 83/83 | F +14 R +11 W +15 | Init +2 | Acro -3 | Bluff +6 | Dipl +10 | Intim + 6 | Know (rel) + 4 | Ling + 11 | Perc +2

Ahn reaches out and picks up the figurine, "No, I'll do this. Ragnar deserves to be brought back by the will of Ragathiel."

The sages can deal with any lost levels for Ragnar. Ahn is good after another day.

Dark Archive

Active Conditions: Life Link: Zeno, Shield Other: Kiboko, LOH: 14/14 Male Gnome 36007-3 Paladin Holy Light 8/Oracle Life 1 | AC 22 T 12 FF 21 w/SMITE 28 T 18 FF 27 | HP 83/83 | F +14 R +11 W +15 | Init +2 | Acro -3 | Bluff +6 | Dipl +10 | Intim + 6 | Know (rel) + 4 | Ling + 11 | Perc +2

"So, where's everyone heading off to? I've been out of the game for a bit here... are there some good quest sign-up sheets somewhere for the antsy Pathfinder? I am just seeing a couple of posts for missions on the board in the hall... but not the sign-up sheets I've used in the past. Anyone heading on a mission, that could use some support?"

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

"I feel like we have been on this quest for an age, I will need to catch up on what is happening and see what grand quests need some righteous justice brought to bear"

Sovereign Court

Human Male UC Monk 1/Pal 6 | HP 44/53 (0 nl, 0 temp)| AC 23 T 18 FF 17 | CMB +13, CMD 31 | F: +14, R: +11, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +4, Dipl +8 | Speed 30 | ER Fire/Cold (4) Rest (3), Immune: Disease, Fear* (*+4 to allies within 10 feet) | Spells: 1(2/2) LOH: 5/7 (3d6) Smite 2/2 Active conditions: 10 ft reach, Mage Armor

"I have some, like, reparations to make with the enlightened one. Perhaps the grand city is what this dude needs about now. A chance to relax and recenter, ya know?"

Grand Lodge

Male LN Oread Occultist 7 / Living Monolith 1 | HP 54/66 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +10; (+2 vs. negative levels, death effects, and mind-affecting effects) | Init: +1 | Perc: +10 (+12 to notice stonework), SM: +8; Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Mental Focus: Abj.: 1/4; Trans.: 6/6 | Spells: 1st - 4/5, 2nd - 4/4, 3rd - 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Finally coming out of his mental shell, Athum responds, "I think I will consume some time in the libraries of the Grand Lodge for a time. I need to brush up on my studies and take some time to re-focus. One too many brushes with death for the time being." He gives a weak grin as if to laugh it off unsuccessfully.

Dark Archive

Active Conditions: Life Link: Zeno, Shield Other: Kiboko, LOH: 14/14 Male Gnome 36007-3 Paladin Holy Light 8/Oracle Life 1 | AC 22 T 12 FF 21 w/SMITE 28 T 18 FF 27 | HP 83/83 | F +14 R +11 W +15 | Init +2 | Acro -3 | Bluff +6 | Dipl +10 | Intim + 6 | Know (rel) + 4 | Ling + 11 | Perc +2

Seeing how hard the others are being on themselves Ahn pipes in, "Ischell... Athum... you're looking at this all wrong. I too am not proud of having to withdraw from the corrupted paladin early in the fight, but by fleeing in that moment I survived and was then able to keep others from dying. Every hit either of you took, any time a spell was cast on you... whether or not you withstood the powers... you were saving someone else from that fate. One less hit. One less attempt from Tahari to enchant us. Each of us played an important role on this team, even if that role was to take a pummeling from Tahari or her minions. If any one of us was not here, this could have ended much worse. Be proud of our accomplishment."

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

"Good won, evil lost, and righteous vengeance was delivered - there is no point and no benefit digging through the would of could of should of's of the battle. That things did not always go in our favour is simply a credit to the will and strength of our opponent - and she was quite the foe. Focus on the victory, discard the smaller disadvantages"

Grand Lodge

Male LN Oread Occultist 7 / Living Monolith 1 | HP 54/66 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +10; (+2 vs. negative levels, death effects, and mind-affecting effects) | Init: +1 | Perc: +10 (+12 to notice stonework), SM: +8; Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Mental Focus: Abj.: 1/4; Trans.: 6/6 | Spells: 1st - 4/5, 2nd - 4/4, 3rd - 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Athum looks at the holy warriors in turn, his expression blank. "Who's saying anything about like of pride or some such thing? I've just spent too long out in the field and need some mental stimulation time in study. A scholar's work is rarely ever accomplished with weapon in hand, unless that weapon happens to be a book."

Silver Crusade

F Half Orc Alchemist 10 Bombs 17/17
Spoiler:
HP83/83 - AC 25, T 16, FF 21/ F +12, R +14, W +7/ CMD 23, Per +14(Dk Vis), Init +4, Move 30ft

"Listen. We all deserve a huge break. That's all we should be thinking about at this moment."

701 to 727 of 727 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Nowruz’ 9-07 Salvation of the Sages (low tier) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.