#9-07 Salvation of the Sages PbP (Inactive)

Game Master supervillan

MAPS & HANDOUTS


551 to 600 of 727 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

F Half Orc Alchemist 10 Bombs 17/17
Spoiler:
HP83/83 - AC 25, T 16, FF 21/ F +12, R +14, W +7/ CMD 23, Per +14(Dk Vis), Init +4, Move 30ft

Peridot just quietly sits there wondering how they are still alive after all the fighting.

fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
I'm using my reroll since that may kill me.
fortitude: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Sigh... I'm down from the cloud kill possibly dead. :(


Con damage Peridot: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Good roll. :-) Peridot, you are at -7 con so you do not lose anymore hp as every 2 con damage reduce hp. You were at -4 hp and gained 11. Ahn healed one con damage so you are back at -6 con damage and 7 hp.


Ischell in the Topaz mindscape:

You move to Dhiara's side and enter her Sage Jewel!

Dhiara meditates within a mountain monastery. A young girl pleads for her help as a minotaur gores the child to death.

Then the minotaur ages and turns to dust. A king beseeches Dhiara’s assistance as hobgoblins enslave his people.

Then knights slay the hobgoblins, and orcs fell the knights in turn, all falling into dust.

The world continues in this fashion, the cycle unending.

Dhiara seems lost in contemplation.

You need a full round action to interact with her! So standard action this round and next round.
You need a combat maneuver check or Knowledge (history or religion) or Perform (oratory) checks.
In place of a combat maneuver or skill check, a PC can deal 20 points of damage with an attack or spell to one of the monsters in her visions to demonstrate that it is possible to make a difference and break Tahari’s control. Roleplaying is appreciated! :-)

Dark Archive

Active Conditions: Life Link: Zeno, Shield Other: Kiboko, LOH: 14/14 Male Gnome 36007-3 Paladin Holy Light 8/Oracle Life 1 | AC 22 T 12 FF 21 w/SMITE 28 T 18 FF 27 | HP 83/83 | F +14 R +11 W +15 | Init +2 | Acro -3 | Bluff +6 | Dipl +10 | Intim + 6 | Know (rel) + 4 | Ling + 11 | Perc +2

Peridot... you were as positive HP. Cloud Kill effects hit in the enemy turn. You should be able to stand and run out.

Silver Crusade

F Half Orc Alchemist 10 Bombs 17/17
Spoiler:
HP83/83 - AC 25, T 16, FF 21/ F +12, R +14, W +7/ CMD 23, Per +14(Dk Vis), Init +4, Move 30ft

Ooooo.... I don't play a lot of deadly high level combat. Sorry.
Peridot gets up and weakly walks next to Frost. Smiling they say,"Well this is going as about as well I expected."

Sovereign Court

Human Male UC Monk 1/Pal 6 | HP 44/53 (0 nl, 0 temp)| AC 23 T 18 FF 17 | CMB +13, CMD 31 | F: +14, R: +11, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +4, Dipl +8 | Speed 30 | ER Fire/Cold (4) Rest (3), Immune: Disease, Fear* (*+4 to allies within 10 feet) | Spells: 1(2/2) LOH: 5/7 (3d6) Smite 2/2 Active conditions: 10 ft reach, Mage Armor

Mindscape:
Thanks, sorry for all the hassle!

"Dhiara! Master! What in the world is happening here? Like, the time for contemplation has passed. Irori demands action, not just contemplation!"

He walks towards the sage, placing a hand on her shoulder he tries to shake her.

"Dude! Snap out of it!"

He glances up, and strides towards a flickering Minotaur- threatening a small child as it cries out. "This is what enprisons you? These are nothing!" and he lashes his Kama out against the beast.

Slashing, PA, Adamantine: 1d8 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft
Peridot the Doctor wrote:


Peridot gets up and weakly walks next to Frost. Smiling they say,"Well this is going as about as well I expected."

"Not ideal, but we have the enemy on the run. Good lull in the battle for us to regain our wits though"


Ischell in the Topaz mindscape:

Without breaking her meditation, Dhiara responds. "I first thought ... what is the point of action against the unstoppable flow of time, dragon? We will all be dust soon. Better to meet one's fate without unnecessary turmoil."

Ischell, this was your first standard action. In the next round you also need to use your standard action and need to make two more checks snap her out of her obsession with either combat maneuver checks or Knowledge (history or religion) or Perform (oratory) checks. Or just straight up damage to the monsters in her vision.

You can leave (free action) after doing this so you will have a move action after that.


Sorry, I cannot update properly now. But I will act for Amenopheus.

Amenopheus makes a step forward and his clouded mind continues to follow the orders of Tahari.

He casts defensively and sends another ball of fire into the center of the room!

28 concentration fix so casts successfully defensively.
DC 19 Reflex half for 35 damage. See red area.

AGATE is up!

Sovereign Court

Human Male UC Monk 1/Pal 6 | HP 44/53 (0 nl, 0 temp)| AC 23 T 18 FF 17 | CMB +13, CMD 31 | F: +14, R: +11, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +4, Dipl +8 | Speed 30 | ER Fire/Cold (4) Rest (3), Immune: Disease, Fear* (*+4 to allies within 10 feet) | Spells: 1(2/2) LOH: 5/7 (3d6) Smite 2/2 Active conditions: 10 ft reach, Mage Armor

Reflex, DC 19: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 17 damage - 4 Fire resistance = 13 - 5 nonlethal= 8 damage. HP 45/53

Mindscape:

Ischell taps into his divine bond, and his double-chained kama glows red with divine energy Activating: Divine bond, +1 (Flaming) for 6 minutes

"But master, Irori demands growth and purpose- not abandonment and hopelessness. I can, like, hold them back- but it is your inner strength that will deliver us. You must remember your inner strength, man!"

Flurry #1, Damage, Adamantine, Flaming: 1d8 + 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (3) + (4) + 16 = 23
Flurry #2, Damage, Adamantine, Flaming: 1d8 + 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (5) + (5) + 16 = 26
Flurry #3, Damage, Adamantine, Flaming: 1d8 + 1d6 + 16 ⇒ (6) + (1) + 16 = 23

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

hmmm can Tahari give much in the way of commands without line of effect/sight?

Scarab Sages

F Dwarf Wizard 10

DC 19 Reflex save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 sigh, still standing at least

Seared by the fireball, Agate grips her amulet and looks at the cloud and the pulsing area of evil...

Would Agate be able to tell whether the gray area is a spell effect or not?

Dark Archive

Active Conditions: Life Link: Zeno, Shield Other: Kiboko, LOH: 14/14 Male Gnome 36007-3 Paladin Holy Light 8/Oracle Life 1 | AC 22 T 12 FF 21 w/SMITE 28 T 18 FF 27 | HP 83/83 | F +14 R +11 W +15 | Init +2 | Acro -3 | Bluff +6 | Dipl +10 | Intim + 6 | Know (rel) + 4 | Ling + 11 | Perc +2

"I can't see anything! Let me know who needs help... who's down... ", Ahn coughs through the fog.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Half Damage -17 Damage, Think that's a total of -27 for Ahn.

Fort Save I think Ahn will face on Tahri's turn- CloudKill: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

Remember everyone...

Nimbus of Light
30' Radius - 10/10 rounds
Anyone within 30' heals 1d4 of ability damage (once per day, any time in the minute)
+1 Moral Bonus AC, Attack, Damage, Saving Throws Vs Fear

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

Ref 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Frost eats the flames. She just looks cross.


[ooo]Very sorry! 20 ft radius fireball! So only Ahn, Ischell and Athum are affected. Athum still needs to do the reflex save.[/ooc]

Scarab Sages

F Dwarf Wizard 10

Right then, time for desperate and potentially stupid action.

Agate realizes it was only a wave of heat from the nearby fireball and concentrates. Hidden layers within her amulet begin to glow...

...and suddenly she is standing next to Sinuhotep.

Using the 1 arbitrary known spell/day from the bonded amulet to cast Dimension Door and hop to the other side of the gray area. Then she will try to enter Sinuhotep's mindscape.

Save vs. cloudkill, bonus vs. spells/poison: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male LN Oread Occultist 7 / Living Monolith 1 | HP 54/66 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +10; (+2 vs. negative levels, death effects, and mind-affecting effects) | Init: +1 | Perc: +10 (+12 to notice stonework), SM: +8; Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Mental Focus: Abj.: 1/4; Trans.: 6/6 | Spells: 1st - 4/5, 2nd - 4/4, 3rd - 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Reflex Save vs. DC 19: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


| Mammoths

OK folks, it's Tahari the Black Moon versus Pathfinders and Sages for control of the sage jewels. Round 6 underway...

amenopheus caster level check vs Tahonikepsu SR: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31 17 more damage to the dragon.

Round 6

Peridot (cognatogen; 6 CON damage; 7/48 hp)
Frost (44/65hp)
Torch (dazed; 1 CON damage; 57/69hp evasion, took no damage from fireballs)
Sinuhotep (dazed; 59/122hp)
Amenopheus (staggered, controlled; 4 CON damage; 49/61hp)
Agate (in cloudkill, 43/43hp, dim doored; greater stunning barrier; hedged out by Well of Evil)
Dhiara (1 CON damage; 57/69hp)
Tahari (8 damage)
Athum (-1/66hp, dying, stabilisation roll needed)
Tahonikepsu (2 CON damage; 166/195hp)
Ishell (27/53hp, 10nl damage, ablative barrier, fly)
Ahn (56/83hp; life link to Frost; nimbus; in cloudkill)

Spinel Sage Jewel, (inert) 
Onyx Sage Jewel, (inert)

Active effects: Well of Evil (sicken vs Good); Nimbus

Dhiara may act!

I dropped her a couple of places down the initiative order to avoid more retconning - consider her to have delayed briefly whilst she assessed the situation.

I'm going to continue with GM Nowruz' practice of letting you guys control the sages that you free - but I'll accept the first actions that any of you post for the free sages when their turns are up.

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

Dhiara demonstrates her fleetness of foot and runs around to confront Tahari when then foul beast shows its face again!
Double move


| Mammoths

Tahari's cloudkill spell continues to drift. Agate and Ahn remain within, as does the lich Sinuhotep.

CON damage, Agate: 1d4 ⇒ 2 save was failed
CON damage, Ahn: 1d4 ⇒ 2 save was passed, so 1 CON damage

"How dare you! How dare you think to take what is mine! I who brought down empires will not be stopped by you!"

The ghost of Black Moon emerges from the wall of the balcony, flying over the head of Tahonikepsu who is Huge with 15' reach, so I'll give her an AoO - cover from the walls prevents an AoO from Ischell though.. The time dragon snaps her jaws at the ancient necromancer, who barely notices.

Tahari concentrates for a moment. A black pit opens up beneath Frost and Peridot. Both of you attempt a DC20 Reflex save.

if you fail:
You fall 30' down, but Tahonikepsu protects you with a Feather Fall spell - you are at the bottom of a 30' pit.

spellcraft DC17:
A straightforward Create Pit spell.

Combat round 6

Peridot (cognatogen; 6 CON damage; 7/48 hp) Ref save needed
Frost (44/65hp) Ref save needed
Torch (dazed; 1 CON damage; 57/69hp evasion, took no damage from fireballs)
Sinuhotep (dazed; 59/122hp)
Amenopheus (staggered, controlled; 4 CON damage; 49/61hp)
Agate (in cloudkill, 2 CON damage; 34/34hp, dim doored; greater stunning barrier; hedged out by Well of Evil)
Dhiara (1 CON damage; 57/69hp)
Tahari (17 damage - flying 30' above floor).
Athum (-1/66hp, dying, stabilisation roll needed)
Tahonikepsu (2 CON damage; 166/195hp)
Ishell (27/53hp, 10nl damage, ablative barrier, fly)
Ahn (1 CON damage; 56/83hp; life link to Frost; nimbus; in cloudkill)

Spinel Sage Jewel, (inert)
Onyx Sage Jewel, (inert)

Active effects: Well of Evil (sicken vs Good); Nimbus

The bold may act!

I'm not going to wrap around rounds, there's too much to keep track of - I will post a summary at the end of Round 6 before moving into Round 7.

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

Frost 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Frost avoids going in a hole!

Sovereign Court

Human Male UC Monk 1/Pal 6 | HP 44/53 (0 nl, 0 temp)| AC 23 T 18 FF 17 | CMB +13, CMD 31 | F: +14, R: +11, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +4, Dipl +8 | Speed 30 | ER Fire/Cold (4) Rest (3), Immune: Disease, Fear* (*+4 to allies within 10 feet) | Spells: 1(2/2) LOH: 5/7 (3d6) Smite 2/2 Active conditions: 10 ft reach, Mage Armor

Ischell should be at 45/53 HP with 10 NL damage.

With Tahari moving out of the stone, Ischell lashes out with his Kama- striking the wall between him and her. He takes a deep breath, focusing energy on his hands, before darting off after the flying wizard.

LOH #2/7
LOH, Fey Foundling: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 3, 1) + 6 = 15 Removes all HP damage, and all NL damage. 53/53 0 NL

Fly check, Spell Bonus, Good maneuverability, sickened: 1d20 - 1 + 2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 1 + 2 + 4 - 2 = 18

He takes to the air, and settles 20 feet away from the wizard Elevation 20 ft before sending his kama streaking towards the evil creature.

+1 Kama, Smite, sickened: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 16 - 2 = 29
Adamantine, Fire, Smite Evil with double damage, sickened: 1d8 + 1d6 + 28 - 2 ⇒ (3) + (4) + 28 - 2 = 33

AoO, if needed:
+1 Kama, Smite, sickened: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 16 - 2 = 26
Adamantine, Fire, Smite Evil, sickened: 1d8 + 1d6 + 22 - 2 ⇒ (6) + (3) + 22 - 2 = 29 Would I get the bonus 6 points of damage here too for her being undead?

Grand Lodge

Male LN Oread Occultist 7 / Living Monolith 1 | HP 54/66 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +10; (+2 vs. negative levels, death effects, and mind-affecting effects) | Init: +1 | Perc: +10 (+12 to notice stonework), SM: +8; Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Mental Focus: Abj.: 1/4; Trans.: 6/6 | Spells: 1st - 4/5, 2nd - 4/4, 3rd - 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Stabilize check: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Dark Archive

Active Conditions: Life Link: Zeno, Shield Other: Kiboko, LOH: 14/14 Male Gnome 36007-3 Paladin Holy Light 8/Oracle Life 1 | AC 22 T 12 FF 21 w/SMITE 28 T 18 FF 27 | HP 83/83 | F +14 R +11 W +15 | Init +2 | Acro -3 | Bluff +6 | Dipl +10 | Intim + 6 | Know (rel) + 4 | Ling + 11 | Perc +2

Frost, Ahn takes 5 of your damage
Frost 49, Ahn 51

Ahn stumbles out of the cloud, hacking and coughing...

And glancing around, he sees so many injured, Anthum down... and so much more fighting to be done "Ragathiel shine down upon me... let me channel your will... to be your wings, protecting these great warriors as they exact due vengeance this day!"

Ahn channels... same radius as the Nimbus

Channel: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 5, 5) = 19 (+8 for Fey foundling - Ischell, Ahn) - LOH 6 used of 14

Seeing tahari, "... AND LET ME BE YOUR SWORD TO SMITE THIS WRETCHED ABOMINATION!" Smite Tahari

Nimbus
30' Radius - 9/10 rounds
Anyone within 30' heals 1d4 of ability damage (once per day, any time in the minute)
+1 Moral Bonus AC, Attack, Damage, Saving Throws Vs Fear

Nimbus Tracking:

Tahonikepsu, the Diamond Sage - No Con Damage
Ahn - Can I wait to apply this until he has more con? If not, healed the -1
Frost- No Con Damage
Ragnar slain - :(
Peridot 6 constitution damage - Heal 1d4 ⇒ 1 - Nimbus used
Amenopheus, the Sapphire Sage 3 constitution damage with - Not in Nimbus - IS ENEMY so no heal
Agate - No Con Damage - heal: 1d4 ⇒ 2 nimbus now used
Athum THINK he's at -3 1d4 ⇒ 3 - Nimbus Used
Ischell - -2 - healed 3 - Nimbus used
Dhiara, the Topaz Sage - 2 con damage 1d4 ⇒ 1 - Nimbus used
Grandmaster Torch 1 con damage - Not in Numbus Now healed
Sinohotep, the Amethyst Sage - No Con damage
Spinel Sage Jewel, - No con Damage
Onyx Sage Jewel - No con damage

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

Tahonikepsu shuffles forward and bites at Tahari once more!

5' step then 18 magic piercing and slashing damage

Silver Crusade

F Half Orc Alchemist 10 Bombs 17/17
Spoiler:
HP83/83 - AC 25, T 16, FF 21/ F +12, R +14, W +7/ CMD 23, Per +14(Dk Vis), Init +4, Move 30ft


reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Peridot falls into the hole.


| Mammoths

Peridot falls - but as she does so the Diamond Sage Tahonikepsu speaks, and the doctor's fall is slowed. Feather Fall from the dragon - but you're at the bottom of the pit now. The walls looks steep and sheer. Being 30 down, you are also out of the range of Ahn's channel.

"WITCH! You think a talent for plague makes you better than ME?" roars Tahonikepsu as she snaps at the incorporeal herbalist. I just moved Tahonikepsu on the map, I'm going to have to assume she's already flying otherwise she was squeezing on the ground; the time dragon auto-passes her fly checks.

Ischell smites Tahari, his enchanted kama and holy might causing Black Moon to take notice of him.

Ahn emerges from the deathly fog and channels healing energy. Ahn, I can't find anything in the Nimbus of Light class feature that says you can decide when to trigger the 'lesser restoration' element, it looks like it just happens when you activate the nimbus; so you've healed 1 point of CON damage.

Combat round 7

Peridot (cognatogen; 6 CON damage; 7/48 hp; 30' down a hole)
Frost (65/65hp)
Torch (dazed; 1 CON damage; 69/69hp)
Sinuhotep (dazed; 59/122hp)
Amenopheus (staggered, controlled; 4 CON damage; 49/61hp)
Agate (in cloudkill,; 34/43hp, dim doored; greater stunning barrier; hedged out by Well of Evil)
Dhiara (1 CON damage; 69/69hp)
Tahari (42 damage - flying 30' above floor).
Athum (17/66hp, prone)
Tahonikepsu (185/212hp)
Ishell (53/53hp, ablative barrier, fly)
Ahn (1 CON damage; 78/83hp; life link to Frost; nimbus)

Spinel Sage Jewel, (inert)
Onyx Sage Jewel, (inert)

Active effects: Well of Evil (sicken vs Good); Nimbus

Round 7! The bold may act!

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

Frost can see Tahari is still wreaking havoc but is currently out of reach. Realising that a controlled Amenophus is a bigger problem than the mostly defeated undead that has been forced down to parlour tricks like pit creation, Frost moves to Amenophus to attempt to solve the problem - entering his mindscape.

Double move and enter

Mind games:

[ooc]I Assume this unfolds as it does, I sort of missed how it all works in real-time vs head space-time.

The shining Paladin strides forth "Amenophus, it is time this charade came to an end. You must arise and defend the legacy of the sages, countless Pathfinders who look up to the wisdom of the collective sages count on YOU to lead your peers in throwing off the shackles of the foul Tahari. Ragathiel himself has sent me, his agent, to aid you in delivering righteous vengeance against this foul beast whos crimes against us all are unforgivable. Arise, throw off the shackles, and do what you must to preserve the Sages and the proud legacy they have forged."

Diplomacy 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

Silver Crusade

F Half Orc Alchemist 10 Bombs 17/17
Spoiler:
HP83/83 - AC 25, T 16, FF 21/ F +12, R +14, W +7/ CMD 23, Per +14(Dk Vis), Init +4, Move 30ft

Peridot just grumbles and drinks a healing extract.

clw: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


| Mammoths

Frost races to the Sapphire Sage's side, and enters his mindscape.

Frost and Amenopheus:

A weary and worn Amenopheus sits alone in a room before a pile of books and scrolls. The Ruby Prince Khemet III enters, sick and frail. "Help me Amenopheus! You are supposed to be wise!" Amenopheus grasps at scroll after scroll, but each crumbles to dust at his touch. Khemet III turns away in disgust. Grandmaster Torch is carried into the study in his bathtub, borne by four burly half orcs. Suds slosh all over Amenopheus' scrolls. Torch presents two sage jewels, one deep green and the other brilliant yellow. "Looking for these, old man?" Amenopheus eagerly trades everything he has for them, only to watch the jewels fracture in his hands. Tahonikepsu enters, knocks Amenopheus to the floor, and takes his chair. "This is my study!" he protests. "Was. Was yours, now it's mine. It's all mine." Amenopheus lies crumpled on the ground, defeated.

You can rouse Amenopheus from his melancholy and break Tahari’s control with Diplomacy, Knowledge (history or nobility), or Perform (comedy or oratory). You get 3 checks as a full round action (which will be next round). I'll take your first Diplomacy roll as one of them.

Peridot, trapped in the pit, heals herself a little.

Even as a new battle begins in his mind, Amenopheus goes through the rote motions of casting yet another fireball, bursting it in the midst of the ritual space.

Frost, Ahn, Athum, and Ischell DC19 Reflex save please. Don't forget Ahn's Nimbus adds 1 to your save (morale bonus); Frost, you have an effective DEX of 0 currently. Fireball does 35 or 17 fire damage.

Sapphire vs Diamond: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Tahonikepsu is singed. "Bloody wizard! I knew I should have led the ritual!"

Combat round 7

Peridot (cognatogen; 6 CON damage; 16/48 hp; 30' down a hole)
Frost (65/65hp) Ref save needed
Torch (dazed; 1 CON damage; 69/69hp)
Sinuhotep (dazed; 59/122hp)
Amenopheus (staggered, controlled; 4 CON damage; 49/61hp)
Agate (in cloudkill; 34/43hp, dim doored; greater stunning barrier; hedged out by Well of Evil)
Dhiara (1 CON damage; 69/69hp)
Tahari (42 damage - flying 30' above floor).
Athum (17/66hp, prone) Ref save needed
Tahonikepsu (168/212hp)
Ishell (53/53hp, ablative barrier, flying 20' up) Ref save needed
Ahn (1 CON damage; 78/83hp; life link to Frost; nimbus) Ref save needed

Spinel Sage Jewel, (inert)
Onyx Sage Jewel, (inert)

Active effects: Well of Evil (sicken vs Good); Nimbus

The bold may act!

Scarab Sages

F Dwarf Wizard 10

Agate attempts to enter Sinuhotep's mindscape.

Dark Archive

Active Conditions: Life Link: Zeno, Shield Other: Kiboko, LOH: 14/14 Male Gnome 36007-3 Paladin Holy Light 8/Oracle Life 1 | AC 22 T 12 FF 21 w/SMITE 28 T 18 FF 27 | HP 83/83 | F +14 R +11 W +15 | Init +2 | Acro -3 | Bluff +6 | Dipl +10 | Intim + 6 | Know (rel) + 4 | Ling + 11 | Perc +2

reflex + Nimbus: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 1 = 22

Ahn covers his head with his armored arm, ducking down as the fire burst blows by. 17 damage


| Mammoths

Agate and Sinuhotep:

A mortal Sinuhotep traverses a catacomb with a conjured djinn ally. "Come, Sinuhotep! A bottomless chasm is no obstacle to Hassan al-Qadir!" The djinn carries Sinuhotep deeper into the catacombs... A fierce battle breaks out with a group of fiends, Sinuhotep is beaten back, but al-Qadir forms a whirlwind and carries off the attackers... Sinuhotep gazes at an ancient canopic jar, whilst al-Qadir battles a skeletal dragon in the air above... the dragon breathes a gout of flame at the djinn, "I am doomed Sinuhotep, it will catch me! Help me! Attack it now and finish it!" But behind Sinuhotep you see the shade of Aryana Tahari. "The djinn has served his purpose, and is only your conjured servant. Take it, Sinuhotep! The secrets within will grant you great power!" Sinohotep takes the jar and runs, leaving the djinn to his fate.

The world shifts, and Sinuhotep is in a ritual chamber. He cuts the heart out of a living sphinx and places it in the ancient jar, whilst the shade of Tahari looks on smiling.

The world shifts once more, and in a cavernous chamber Sinuhotep holds up a chalice. "I have done so much to reach this point. Was it all worth it?"
"Yes, Sinuhotep!" answers the shade of Tahari. "Drink the midnight milk! Die, and become immortal! The Order of Jeweled Sages must not end with you!"
Sinuhotep drinks, and lies down, his head cradled in Aryana Tahari's lap as he closes his eyes.

Sinuhotep believes that Tahari’s influence is responsible for the actions that lead him to undeath. You can attempt Diplomacy, Knowledge (arcana or religion), Perform (oratory), or Sense Motive checks to demonstrate that Sinuhotep is ultimately responsible for his own actions and break Tahari’s control over him. You get 3 checks as a full found action.

Dhiara is up! Any of you can post actions for her.

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

Reflex 1d20 + 8 - 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 6 + 1 = 8

Frost gets blasted with the full force.

***

Dhiara moves back down to keep Amenophus in check!

Ready an action - strike if he casts a spell to disrupt it.

Scarab Sages

F Dwarf Wizard 10

In Sinuhotep's mindscape:

"Let's apply some logic to this situation," Agate says firmly. "Tahari killed an Osiriani paladin and then used him for her own ends. What respect would she have for the ancient rituals?"

Knowledge (Religion), bonus for Osiriani religion: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 3 = 25

"Don't you remember all the years you must have spent studying the papyri? I have tracked down and read only a little of the lore, and I know you are far, far ahead of me."

Knowledge (Religion), bonus for Osiriani religion: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 3 = 23

"Did she catch the sphinx for you? Did she recite the words? Did she really have anything to do with it?"

Knowledge (Religion), bonus for Osiriani religion: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 3 = 20


| Mammoths

Agate and Sinuhotep:

Sinuhotep opens his eyes and looks up at you - the eyes are cold and glassy. He sits up, his skin cracking as he does so. "Respect?" His voice is dry and rasping. "Respect is due to one's betters. You are right, I am far, far beyond you. As Aryana Tahari is far beyond me. She led me, guided me. But for her wisdom I would be nothing."

The shade of Tahari chuckles softly, and beckons Sinuhotep to return to her embrace. He does so willingly.

You have failed to convince the Amethyst Sage. Do you remain in the mindscape to keep trying, or leave it?

Tahari focuses on the threat presented by Ischell. "Paladins. How I love to see them fail. Oh, you should have seen the look on Dalla's face when he realised he was infected!"

She floats back, out of the reach of both Tahonikepsu and Ischell. She fires a black ray at Ischell.

spellcraft DC19:
Enervation, cast by will alone.

ranged touch vs Ischell: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Ischell's divine protection deflects the beam! Smite Evil ftw.

"Damn you!"

Tahari concentrates again...

Spellcraft DC18:
Dispel Magic, by will alone

CL check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Poor Tahari could use a reroll :o

There's a glimmer of light around Ischell for an instant. She went for a Dispel on your Fly spell.

Tahari screams in rage at her ineffective attacks.

The cloudkill vapours roll onwards.

Agate Fort vs Cloudkill: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21CON damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Combat round 7

Peridot (cognatogen; 6 CON damage; 16/48 hp; 30' down a hole)
Frost (65/65hp) Ref save needed
Torch (dazed; 1 CON damage; 69/69hp)
Sinuhotep (dazed; 59/122hp)
Amenopheus (staggered, controlled; 4 CON damage; 49/61hp)
Agate (in cloudkill; 34/43hp, I CON damage; greater stunning barrier; hedged out by Well of Evil)
Dhiara (1 CON damage; 69/69hp)
Tahari (42 damage - flying 35' above floor).
Athum (17/66hp, prone) Ref save needed
Tahonikepsu (168/212hp)
Ishell (53/53hp, ablative barrier, flying 20' up) Ref save needed
Ahn (1 CON damage; 78/83hp; life link to Frost; nimbus) Ref save needed

Spinel Sage Jewel, (inert)
Onyx Sage Jewel, (inert)

Active effects: Well of Evil (sicken vs Good); Nimbus

The bold may act! Reflex saves are vs DC19, Amenopheus' Fireball does 35 damage, 17 if you save.

Scarab Sages

F Dwarf Wizard 10

In the mindscape:

Agate's brow furrows as she tries to think of another a way to convince the Sage.

Staying in the mindscape to keep trying. Questions for next turn: I have a boon relating to ancient sites, defined as at least 1,000 years old. Does the current site count, and does Agate count as being in the site when she is in the mindscape?

Sovereign Court

Human Male UC Monk 1/Pal 6 | HP 44/53 (0 nl, 0 temp)| AC 23 T 18 FF 17 | CMB +13, CMD 31 | F: +14, R: +11, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +4, Dipl +8 | Speed 30 | ER Fire/Cold (4) Rest (3), Immune: Disease, Fear* (*+4 to allies within 10 feet) | Spells: 1(2/2) LOH: 5/7 (3d6) Smite 2/2 Active conditions: 10 ft reach, Mage Armor

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 1 = 21

Ischell narrowly avoids the worst of the fireball, able to curl his back towards the blast at the last second. The fire washes over his skin, some being diverted magically and others being absorbed into his person seemingly without effect.

17 damage - 5 NL (end of ablative barrier) = 12 - 4 ER(fire) = 8 damage total

The blast is quickly followed by a sickly black ray, which strikes Ischell right on the enblazoned hand of Irori across his chest. The hand pulses blue, and the magical energies dissipate. Another blast of arcane energy surrounds the Paladin, before if finally the energy fades having grasped at nothing.

Fly Check, DC 10 (move less than half speed), sickened: 1d20 - 1 + 2 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 1 + 2 + 4 - 2 = 20
Ischell moves towards the woman, floating again just into range of her. He lashes his Kama out at her over and over and over again, a roaring scream accompanying the attacks.

"I"

+1 Kama, Sickened, Smite: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 16 - 2 = 21
Adamantine, S, Smite: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25 +6 damage on first hit

"WILL NOT"
+1 Kama, Sickened, Smite: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 16 - 2 = 18
Adamantine, S, Smite: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26 +6 damage on first hit

"Fail!!!"
+1 Kama, Sickened, Smite: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 2 = 15
Adamantine, S, Smite: 1d8 + 20 ⇒ (6) + 20 = 26 +6 damage on first hit

Each of his attacks, despite being guided by his anger, miss the elusive necromancer. Shaking off the desperation of the moment, his hands glow with a magical power before his wounds begin to close.

LOH, #3/7: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 2, 3) + 6 = 12 Back to full HP

So... we'll call it a draw!

Grand Lodge

Male LN Oread Occultist 7 / Living Monolith 1 | HP 54/66 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +10; (+2 vs. negative levels, death effects, and mind-affecting effects) | Init: +1 | Perc: +10 (+12 to notice stonework), SM: +8; Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Mental Focus: Abj.: 1/4; Trans.: 6/6 | Spells: 1st - 4/5, 2nd - 4/4, 3rd - 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Reflex Save vs. DC 19: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Athum manages to avoid the majority of the blast, but is still caught by it which leaves him staggering around (ooc]literally![/ooc]).

"This is getting ridiculous,"Athum mutters to himself, smoke and steam puffing with ever word.

Dark Archive

Active Conditions: Life Link: Zeno, Shield Other: Kiboko, LOH: 14/14 Male Gnome 36007-3 Paladin Holy Light 8/Oracle Life 1 | AC 22 T 12 FF 21 w/SMITE 28 T 18 FF 27 | HP 83/83 | F +14 R +11 W +15 | Init +2 | Acro -3 | Bluff +6 | Dipl +10 | Intim + 6 | Know (rel) + 4 | Ling + 11 | Perc +2

Anthum, did you stand up on your turn?

Relex was rolled earlier... 8 posts ago. Passed. 61/83

Ahn steps forward giving Anthum another boost of live LOH: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 5, 6, 3) = 21

And calls for the power of Ragathiel to bestow holiness on his bow. Holy

Grand Lodge

Male LN Oread Occultist 7 / Living Monolith 1 | HP 54/66 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | CMB +10, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +5, W: +10; (+2 vs. negative levels, death effects, and mind-affecting effects) | Init: +1 | Perc: +10 (+12 to notice stonework), SM: +8; Darkvision | Speed 20ft | Mental Focus: Abj.: 1/4; Trans.: 6/6 | Spells: 1st - 4/5, 2nd - 4/4, 3rd - 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Ahnastasios Silvertongue wrote:
Anthum, did you stand up on your turn?

Good call. I totally forgot about that little nuance. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

Athum wearily stands to his feet, thanking Ahn for the aid.

Dark Archive

Active Conditions: Life Link: Zeno, Shield Other: Kiboko, LOH: 14/14 Male Gnome 36007-3 Paladin Holy Light 8/Oracle Life 1 | AC 22 T 12 FF 21 w/SMITE 28 T 18 FF 27 | HP 83/83 | F +14 R +11 W +15 | Init +2 | Acro -3 | Bluff +6 | Dipl +10 | Intim + 6 | Know (rel) + 4 | Ling + 11 | Perc +2

Nimbus
30' Radius - 9/10 rounds
Anyone within 30' heals 1d4 of ability damage (once per day, any time in the minute)
+1 Moral Bonus AC, Attack, Damage, Saving Throws Vs Fear

Nimbus Trackin:

Tahonikepsu, the Diamond Sage - No Con Damage
Ahn - Numbus Applied
Frost- No Con Damage
Ragnar slain - :(
Peridot Nimbus used
Amenopheus, the Sapphire Sage 3 constitution damage with - Not in Nimbus - IS ENEMY so no heal
Agate -Nimbus Used
Athum Nimbus Used
Ischell - Nimbus used
Chiara, Nimbus used
Grandmaster (Should be con healed) Numbus Used
Sinohotep, the Amethyst Sage - No Con damage
Spinel Sage Jewel, - No con Damage
Onyx Sage Jewel - No con damage


| Mammoths

Agate this site is over 8,000 years old. Regarding the mindscape, your mind is effectively in a different place than your body. Some boons, spells and so forth will have full effect in the mindscape, others won't. Depends on the effect. What's the boon?

Ischell flails at Tahari, but his anger clouds his mind and his blows fail to find his target.

Tahonikepsu's bite causes Tahari a small injury.

Ahn heals Athum, who avoids a fiery death.

Frost you have two more skill checks to make in Amenopheus' mindscape.

Combat round 8

Peridot (cognatogen; 6 CON damage; 16/48 hp; 30' down a hole)
Frost (30/65hp)
Torch (dazed; 1 CON damage; 69/69hp)
Sinuhotep (dazed; 59/122hp)
Amenopheus (staggered, controlled; 4 CON damage; 49/61hp)
Agate (in cloudkill; 34/43hp, I CON damage; greater stunning barrier; hedged out by Well of Evil)
Dhiara (1 CON damage; 69/69hp) ready action: disrupt Amenopheus' casting
Tahari (51 damage - flying 35' above floor).
Athum (21/66hp)
Tahonikepsu (168/212hp)
Ishell (53/53hp, flying 25' up)
Ahn (1 CON damage; 61/83hp; life link to Frost; nimbus)

Spinel Sage Jewel, (inert)
Onyx Sage Jewel, (inert)

Active effects: Well of Evil (sicken vs Good); Nimbus

The bold may act!

Silver Crusade

F Half Orc Alchemist 10 Bombs 17/17
Spoiler:
HP83/83 - AC 25, T 16, FF 21/ F +12, R +14, W +7/ CMD 23, Per +14(Dk Vis), Init +4, Move 30ft

Peridot looks at their extract of heroism and consumes it.
,
I need to look at bond t to help escape...

Dark Archive

Active Conditions: Life Link: Zeno, Shield Other: Kiboko, LOH: 14/14 Male Gnome 36007-3 Paladin Holy Light 8/Oracle Life 1 | AC 22 T 12 FF 21 w/SMITE 28 T 18 FF 27 | HP 83/83 | F +14 R +11 W +15 | Init +2 | Acro -3 | Bluff +6 | Dipl +10 | Intim + 6 | Know (rel) + 4 | Ling + 11 | Perc +2

Nimbus 8/10 rounds

Grand Lodge

Pal 9, HP92 - AC 24, T 12, FF 23/ F +14, R +10, W +12 (+2vEvil)/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +15(Dk Vis), Init +5, Move 20ft
Ragnar:
Celestial Horse, HP76 - AC 25, T 12, FF 22/ F +10, R +9, W +6/ CMD 26, CMB +13/ Per +5(Dk Vis), Init +2, Move 50ft

Meanwhile... in a mindscape

"Enough of the wallowing and navel-gazing. You can saw the sawdust for only so long before you must tear your eyes from the past and look to the future. This no longer serves you"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

"Now that we have discussed that, the greatest threat to the legacy of the sages right now is you. Your failure to throw off the yoke of Tahari is causing great damage to others - and you must now choose between rising up and doing what is right, or face your own destruction and that of the sages - because one way or the other, if that yoke doesn't come off, your imminent destruction is most assured. You cannot be allowed to remain a puppet under her control, and if that is not prevented she will destroy you anyway. Rising up and embracing your destiny is the only sensible choice - reach out and I will take your hand and lead you to victory!"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Frost steps out of the sages mind and tends briefly to her wounds.

Lay hands 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 6) = 16

Her hand grasps her sword tightly, waiting to see the result in the sages eyes - knowing that his failure to awaken will inform the next action of her blade.


| Mammoths

In Amenopheus' mindscape...

The Sapphire Sage seems to notice Frost for the first time. "Frost? What are you doing here? You're supposed to be assisting with the ritual so that we can defeat..." realisation dawns on Amenopheus "... Tahari!"

The Sage looks about his surroundings. "Curse her! She is stronger than I thought. She trapped me in my own memories - her control of the Jewels is most impressive! But I am NOT her puppet! I am Amenopheus, the Sapphire Sage. The Sapphire Jewel belongs to ME! I will not let her have it! Let us finish what we started Frost."

He stands, and the mindscape disintegrates entirely. A sapphire glow orbiting Tahari's head is extinguished. Both Frost and Amenopheus come to their senses, as Frost heals her wounds.

"Gods, what has happened here?!" Amenopheus sends a flurry of bolts of magical force at Tahari's ghost, but the missiles are absorbed harmlessly by Tahari's abjurations. "A Shield spell! Sinuhotep, bring it down! Sinuhotep?"

Peridot consumes an extract. Peridot, have you listed your prepared extracts anywhere?

Combat round 8

Peridot (cognatogen; 6 CON damage; 16/48 hp; 30' down a hole)
Frost (46/65hp)
Torch (dazed; 1 CON damage; 69/69hp)
Sinuhotep (dazed; 59/122hp)
Amenopheus (4 CON damage; 49/61hp)
Agate (in cloudkill; 34/43hp, I CON damage; greater stunning barrier; hedged out by Well of Evil)
Dhiara (1 CON damage; 69/69hp)
Tahari (51 damage - flying 35' above floor).
Athum (21/66hp)
Tahonikepsu (168/212hp)
Ishell (53/53hp, flying 25' up)
Ahn (1 CON damage; 61/83hp; life link to Frost; nimbus)

Spinel Sage Jewel, (inert)
Onyx Sage Jewel, (inert)

Active effects: Well of Evil (sicken vs Good); Nimbus

The bold may act!

Scarab Sages

F Dwarf Wizard 10

The boon in question is Scholar of the Sages (a 2018 convention boon). The relevant part says: "Once per adventure, when you are in an ancient site, you may roll a Knowledge (history) check in place of any other Knowledge check or in place of a Perception check pertaining to the site's structure."

"Think over the knowledge you have gathered!" Agate shouts in frustration. "It was truly yours!"

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

"Search your memories of the ritual! Aryana Tahari could never have supported the old ways so!"

Knowledge (Religion), bonus for Osiriani religion: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 3 = 21

"Do you truly think that anyone but your own self could have chosen and made the path you're walking?"

Sense Motive, what the heck: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

If she fails, she'll step out of the mindscape.

Dark Archive

Active Conditions: Life Link: Zeno, Shield Other: Kiboko, LOH: 14/14 Male Gnome 36007-3 Paladin Holy Light 8/Oracle Life 1 | AC 22 T 12 FF 21 w/SMITE 28 T 18 FF 27 | HP 83/83 | F +14 R +11 W +15 | Init +2 | Acro -3 | Bluff +6 | Dipl +10 | Intim + 6 | Know (rel) + 4 | Ling + 11 | Perc +2

Corrections... Ahn should have taken 5 more of Frost's damage... I forgot to say and don't THINK it happened. I think Torch and Ahn both were nimbussed and have no Con damage.

551 to 600 of 727 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Nowruz’ 9-07 Salvation of the Sages (low tier) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.