GM Silbeg's Academy of Secrets

Game Master Silbeg

Handouts and tactical


351 to 400 of 839 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Huritt floats across the room, keeping his palms up and out wide, and looking Terentius in the eye. "You're okay now. It's okay. We'll find your book."

Move Movement
Standard Ready to counterspell with dispel magic; Trigger Terentius casts something offensive

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26
Caster Level: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 0/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

"I must recommend that you end this activity at once, lest you scorch the library enough to never find your book and be bound here longer than 25 years. Wouldn't freedom be more interesting than living in this torment?" Emberwik offers to the disgruntled spellcaster.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30
Best I can offer if we don't plan on knocking him out.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Molly fails to pop the bubble surrounding Terentius.

Terentius finishes his spell, and a shadowy creature appears in the bubble with him.
kn:planes
The creature then casts a spell, as does Terentius, which makes Terentius invisible!

Party is/are up.
Universal Adjustments:
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge: Planes!

Library Round 5:


  • => Molly
  • => Emberwik
  • => Hurrit
  • x Terentius
  • => Riddywipple
  • => Chak
  • => Balik
  • => Bubbles

U = Unconscious 
S = Surprised 
D = Delay
R = Readied Action

Conditions:
Balik: 26/112
Bubbles: 48/48
Chak: 100/100
Emberwik: 78/111
Hurrit: 95/95
Molly: 29/96
Riddywhipple: 47/47

Enemies:
Terentius:
Shadow creature:


Round to progress: 6 July 2019, 16:00 CDT (UTC-6)

Grand Lodge

"We can't help him like this. Let's just go."

Move Movement
Standard Ready to close door; Trigger All allies in the hallway

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 0/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (8) + 30 = 38
Emberwik states at the shadows covering the spell caster.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Remember, Chak cut that door down. Nothing to close.

Emberwik:

It appears to be a shadow demon (medium incorporeal evil outsider)

Their claws are cold and disrupt cells as they pass through them, and they are resistant to weapons that are not cold iron or good. They are immune cold, electricity, poison; Resist to acid and fire. They are resistant to all magic, and powerless in direct sunlight.

They have several spell-like abilities, including magic jar. which they can use to possess mortals.

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 0/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

"No, now he has gone too far into madness. He has brought out a shadow demon. Destroy it before it can place your soul in a magic jar and take your body as its own! Sunlight will cripple it, but blades of cold iron or good will hurt it as well. Waste not with Cold, Shock, or poison. They will resist magic, fire, and acid."

Emberwik attempts to cast Banishment on the Shadow Demon.
Spell Penetration: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Seeing that his spell most likely failed, he makes for the further end of the room.

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik stands up, shaking his head. "Great hoary balls o' giants! Demons, nutty mages, invisible orphans! What next?" He slips back into Snake Stance and draws a potion of mage armor from his pack.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Molly will pull out and use the last of Sommelier's Private Selections and Chef's Secret Recipes to heal 40 hit points. She will then dare herself to remain in control and will save her Dare Dice to add to a Saving Throw.

Molly begins to feel a mix of frustration, both at the lack of decisive action and her inability to do much in this situation, combined with the fear of being possessed. The thought of being being unable to control her own body terrifies her, she knows how deadly she can be.

AHH! Why didn't they just take this shield down! Why give him time? Why give him the chance? No, I can't think like this. Perhaps I was wrong when I thought Emberwik and Huritt could take down magical effects. Maybe they can't or maybe they tried and failed. Well whatever this mage is going to do next, its going to hurt. A lot. Better get ready.

Molly pulls out a dusty bottle of outrageously expensive looking wine and almost inhales it as she drains the booze out of it. The fragrant aroma wafts through the room as she drops the empty container which shatters on the floor.

"I'm ready to start this dance whenever you are."

The Exchange

Male Cassisian Angel Improved Familiar/14 | HP 48/48 | AC 21, TAC 11, FFAC 14, 7 CMD, 19 SR | Fort +10, +16 Reflex, +4 Will | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction | DR 5/cold iron or evil; Immune acid, cold, petrification, Resist 5 electricity 10, fire 10

Bubbles moves over to Molly and shape changes back into his hat form as he rests on Molly's head.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Well, if this is the game he intends...

Chak reads a scroll of Protection from Evil.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Note that the demon is on the wrong side of the force bubble to have LOE

Will post in the AM when I have more time for the fun.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

The now invisible Terentius (though many can see him) dismisses the globe, and moves away from it. The demon, however, does not look to be there.

Balik Will: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35

Balik:
Something tried to take control of your mind and soul, but apparently was so confused by what it found, it left.

Spellcraft or Arcana DC26:

It appears that it has entered a Magic Jar, perhaps.

GM:

1: Molly, 2: Bubbles, 3: Balik: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Party is/are up.
Universal Adjustments:
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge: Planes!

Library Round 6:


  • => Molly
  • => Emberwik
  • => Hurrit
  • x Terentius
  • => Riddywipple
  • => Chak
  • => Balik
  • => Bubbles

U = Unconscious 
S = Surprised 
D = Delay
R = Readied Action

Conditions:
Balik: 26/112
Bubbles: 48/48
Chak: 100/100
Emberwik: 78/111
Hurrit: 95/95
Molly: 29/96
Riddywhipple: 47/47

Enemies:
Terentius:
Shadow creature:


Round to progress: 10 July 2019, 12:00 CDT (UTC-6)

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

GM:
Yeah, that sounds right. ;-)

Balik lets out a low whistle. "Sooo, I think I ken somethin' jus' tried to take me over, but it got a wee bit confused and left. Prob'ly fer the best. M'head's not the nicest place at the best o'times."
He Looks over at Chak and smiles. "Aye, lad, ye've been doin' right well. Ye keep it up, ken?" Spending a Ki point to INSPIRE Chak as per inspire courage +3 for 7 rounds.

5 ki points spent, 7 left.

Balik moves out of the room and looks around, unable to see the troublesome Terentius.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Chak studies the mage for a moment and then rushes in and attempts to knock out Terentius.

Charging attack for non-lethal damage (includes studied target, charge, heroism, power attack, inspire, and nonlethal).
+1 Keen Adamantine Nodachi: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23 Damage: 1d10 + 28 ⇒ (4) + 28 = 32

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 0/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Spellcraft DC26: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

"Indeed it tried, milord. Your force of will seems to have repelled it. The life force of the shadow demon should now be forced into the jar, though we should remain on guard."

Emberwik waits for someone to signal or point to him where the Wizard went.

Grand Lodge

"I can't do anything about that demon, except give it more targets!"

Delay to see what allies do.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

A small point of order, I have 69 hit points after I healed myself last turn. During this turn I am moving over to where I saw Chak swing his sword and taking a single shot with my Slaying Arrow. If I hit my target will need to make a DC 20 Fort Save or take 50 points of untyped damage. I dare myself to remain in control to save my Dare Dice for a saveing throw.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 14 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 41
Attack 1: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 4) + 12 = 20

Chak is a General, he must know what he is doing. I only have one of these but I think now is the time.

Molly dashes around the bookcase and pulls out a black arrow. As it flies towards where she thinks her target is it leaves an inky trail which lingers for an instant.

Chak swung over here! He's must be behind the bookcase!

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Chak >50 hits: 1d100 ⇒ 29
Chak rushes up to the invisible mage, and swings right through him!

kn:arcana DC23:
Appears to be a displacement effect

fort DC20: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Molly's arrow stops in mid-air, as if it hit something. A burst of energy explodes from the arrow, though she cannot see its devastating effect.

Riddy, Bubbles, Emberwik, Hurrit is/are up.
Universal Adjustments:
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge: Planes!

Library Round 6:


  • x Molly
  • => Emberwik
  • => Hurrit
  • x Terentius
  • => Riddywipple
  • x Chak
  • x Balik
  • => Bubbles

U = Unconscious 
S = Surprised 
D = Delay
R = Readied Action

Conditions:
Balik: 26/112
Bubbles: 48/48
Chak: 100/100
Emberwik: 78/111
Hurrit: 95/95
Molly: 69/96
Riddywhipple: 47/47

Enemies:
Terentius: -70
Shadow creature:


Round to progress: 10 July 2019, 12:00 CDT (UTC-6)

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Keep in mind Molly that you are inspired for a few more rounds, so +3 to attack and damage!

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 0/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik realizes the best he can do in this situation is help the team recover from their wounds. He creates another Greater Path of Glory.

Heal 4hp if you end your turn on a Path Square.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Bubbles will end his turn where he is. I wasn’t aware that Balik’s inspire bonus lasted through you being unconscious, that’s very cool.

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Once I've inspired, it stays with you. Like a persistent cough.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Hurrit in delay...

A presence tries to take control of Molly! She easily shrugs off the invasion, even without her dare.

Molly Will: 1d20 + 11 + 1d8 ⇒ (17) + 11 + (3) = 31

"NO! YOU CAN'T HAVE ME! I WILL HAVE MY BOOK!" screams Terentius. To any who can see him, he looks completely insane. In the outline that see invisible gives you, you cannot tell if he has grown horns, or if it is just merely his hair!

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35
He casts a spell on the defensive next to Chak, and a bolt of intense lightning flies towards Molly, and then back to Chak! Chak manages to step out of the way, but Molly takes a good deal of the electical power.

Spellcraft DC21:
Chain Lightning

electricity: 14d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 4, 2, 1, 4, 3, 6, 1, 4, 2, 5, 5, 3) = 49

Chak Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21 Takes 24
Molly Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Then, and only then, he steps back away from Chak, hoping that the nasty archer doesn't notice.

Party I(Huritt X2) s/are up.
Universal Adjustments:
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge: Planes!

Library Round 7:


  • => Molly
  • => Emberwik
  • => Hurrit
  • x Terentius
  • => Riddywipple
  • => Chak
  • => Balik
  • => Bubbles

U = Unconscious 
S = Surprised 
D = Delay
R = Readied Action

Conditions:
Balik: 26/112
Bubbles: 48/48
Chak: 100/100
Emberwik: 78/111
Hurrit: 95/95
Molly: 44/96
Riddywhipple: 47/47

Enemies:
Terentius: -70
Shadow creature:


Round to progress: 11 July 2019, 17:00 CDT (UTC-6)

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 0/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik extends the Path of Glory another 20ft, and then rushes over to Chak to cast some healing magic upon him.

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 12 ⇒ (1, 8, 1) + 12 = 22

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

After being healed of most of the damage, Chak steps up and continues to swing at the mad mage.

Again for nonlethal damage as he figures none of this is really Terentius' fault.

+1 Keen Adamantine Nodachi: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29 Damage: 1d10 + 28 ⇒ (6) + 28 = 34
+1 Keen Adamantine Nodachi: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25 Damage: 1d10 + 28 ⇒ (1) + 28 = 29
+1 Keen Adamantine Nodachi: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Damage: 1d10 + 28 ⇒ (9) + 28 = 37
Bite (Secondary): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 Damage: 1d3 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

51+ hits (Nodachi 1): 1d100 ⇒ 1
51+ hits (Nodachi 2): 1d100 ⇒ 52
51+ hits(bite): 1d100 ⇒ 89

Chak steps up, and swings his blade. On the first attack, the wizard didn't seem to be where Chak expected him to be, and his blade cuts through only air. His next cut strikes with the flat of his blade, and the wizard collapses to the ground.

Combat over, shadow demon is pretty much useless.

The 21 hp of electrical was to Molly, not Chak, so if Emberwik wants to move his healing to her, or to Balik, that would be appropriate

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Molly moves over to the Path of Glory and takes a seat on the floor as she recovers from combat. She starts to inspect the closing wound on her neck, but soon ignores it and begins to take stock of what has happened.

Molly will be fatigued for about a minute,

“Thanks for the healing. Balik, you feeling OK? For being made of air, those things hit hard.

I wonder how they call each other, I’d imagine they don’t refer to themselves as ‘stalkers’, that would be odd. The Unseen? The Hidden Folk?

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik steps over to the Path of Glory and stands there, allowing the glory to path him. "Aye, damn'd orphans with their invisibility! Never trust an orphan, lass. Never. Not once."

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 0/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik will heal Molly then, and expand the path to heal everyone another 40hp if needed.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

"Hey! I'm an orphan! What have I ever... OK, point taken."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

"Does, umm, the wizard...is he still alive?

There is a tone of reluctant concern in Molly's voice and a look of unease on her face.

If he is still alive what are we going to do with him? He said he can't leave the room, does that mean we can't take his body out of the room, or that something really bad will happen to him if we do? If we leave him here will he end up like that that dude that got turned into paste in the first room? Did we kill his 'protectors'?

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

The wizard is still breathing, and isn't even bleeding all that badly. Within a couple of minutes, he becomes visible, the horrible wound of the slaying arrow showing in his chest.

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 0/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

"Fear not, I won't allow him to perish." Emberwik scowl. "At least not yet. Bound his hands so he can't cast another damn spell. When they are secure I will wake him up."

Don't forget, everyone in the party may heal up to 40hp.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

"Well Emberwik, when you do wake him up I can step out of the room. I started the fight and I hit him with my slaying arrow so he will most likely not enjoy seeing my face. You and Huritt might be able to learn something from him about the creatures that are in this terrible place.

Unlikely, but possible.

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 0/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

"Agreed." Emberwik directs the team to tie up the wizard and put his hands in binds, placed in front of him. He nods to Molly to leave the room, and looks to everyone else.

"If he refuses to cooperate, be ready to silence him forever. This man is not afraid to summon demons over being peaceful, so set aside your mercy. He would not give it to you in turn."

Once everyone is ready, Emberwik will revive him with Cure Light Wounds.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Molly pulls out a length of rope and ties Terentius' hands and arms together, tightly but not cruelly. She then walks out of the room and heads back up the hallway.

CMB to tie him up snugly: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 0/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik awakens him with cure light wounds.
CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1
Molly the Lost wrote:

Molly pulls out a length of rope and ties Terentius' hands and arms together, tightly but not cruelly. She then walks out of the room and heads back up the hallway.

[dice=CMB to tie him up snugly]1d20+19

If you tie someone who is helpless with rope, the escape DC is 20+your CMB.

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 0/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

So DC39 for him to escape. Not bad.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Emberwik casts his healing spell, touching Terentius. Almost immediately, the mage yells a spell at the Oracle, sending out a cone of sonic energy catching Chak and Emberwik . "BETRAYERS!!! YOU HAVE MY BOOK!!"

Chak Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Emberwik Fort: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
sonic: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 5, 2, 6) = 17 1/2 damage to both

What do you do?

Balik, Chak:

It is clear that while he was already imbalanced, he has now gone completely mad. Balik mad. Without the redeeming qualities. So mad that a demon would say, 'Man, that man is mad!'

Balik SM: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (12) + 26 = 38
Chak SM: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (12) + 23 = 35
Emberwik SM: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Huritt SM: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Riddywipple SM: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Molly SM: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Bubbles SM: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

kn;planes DC20:

It does appear that Terentius is no longer completely human. He has been touched by this plane, and its denizens, and has become at least partially fiendish.

Terentius's gear:
magical rod
non-magical masterwork dagger
magical amulet
magical cloak
magical ring
spell component pouch

Feel free to make spellcraft checks

Conditions:
Balik: 66/112
Bubbles: 48/48
Chak: 92/100
Emberwik: 70/111
Hurrit: 95/95
Molly: 84/96
Riddywhipple: 47/47

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 0/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (15) + 30 = 45

Emberwik reels back, and scowls. "The merciful thing to do now is to kill him. This plane now lives in his blood." He lifts his hands and waves for a spell. "Let your suffering end."
Scorching Ray 1 Dex+BAB VS Touch: 1d20 + 4 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 7 = 22
Scorching Ray 2 Dex+BAB VS Touch: 1d20 + 4 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 7 = 22
Scorching Ray 3 Dex+BAB VS Touch: 1d20 + 4 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 7 = 20
1st Scorching Ray Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 2, 2) = 12
2nd Scorching Ray Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 5, 6) = 18
3rd Scorching Ray Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 6) = 14
Also we should have more health on that damage meter since Greater Path of Glory patched up most of the party.

Grand Lodge

Huritt mutters a short spell, then examines Terentius' items, making sure only to touch them with his dagger. Once he finishes looking at the mad mage's belongings, Huritt uses the remainder of his spell to explore the room.

Cast identify
Spellcraft (T10): 10 + 10 + 18 = 38

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik nods at Emberwik. "Ach, poor bastard. 'e's mad, alright. Like a rabid monkey, all ye ken do is put 'im down." Balik moves to the north of the last place he saw the mad wizard and swings!

Stunning Fist, Fort DC 22: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28 for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 2) + 7 = 13 damage!

Miss chance? High is good: 1d100 ⇒ 58

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

You all waited for him to come visible... else healing him would have been an issue.

Emberwik finishes the mad mage. His quest for his lost spellbook is finally over.

The items are:
lesser maximize metamagic rod
amulet of natural armor +2
cloak of resistance +1
ring of protection +2

Which door next?

Conditions: (updated)
Balik: 66/112
Bubbles: 48/48
Chak: 92/100
Emberwik: 103/111
Hurrit: 95/95
Molly: 85/96
Riddywhipple: 47/47

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik composes the body as respectfully as he can, murmuring a few words to the animist spirits and gods and various things he's accumulated over the years over the body.

"Ach, poor fool. Trapped and doomed and condemned here. Not a fate I'd very much appreciate, eh."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Molly walks into the room and watches Balik prepare the body. She soon starts to feel uncomfortable and slinks out the door, pushing herself against a wall and sliding down a few inches.

"This place preys on your sanity and traps you forever. The whole place feels like a grinder for souls. He was doomed and is most likely damned by whatever curates this hellhole and I'd like to pay that jerk a visit.

These rooms break the mind, I'll need to be on my guard against any person that we meet. But Kurgess would say that their chains must be broken, that I need to work to save those put in danger in this competition. I know Bubbles, I know that is how The Strong Man ascended to godhood. But they are incredibly dangerous, how can I subdue the people that are stuck here if they have sold themselves out to devils and will even attack us? I...I don't know what to do, I don't know.

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 0/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik collects the metamagic rod, knowing that it could service him well, and offers a silent prayer to the shadows when he sees Balik prepare the corpse.

"All magic can lead to a dangerous end. All power can become the end of anyone who wields it with reckless abandon. I know one day I may very well share this fate, but with the shadows that grant me power to do so." Emberwik nods, fingers wrapping tightly around his staff.

"Shall we continue, your majesty?"

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Items
Metamagic rod: Emberwik
Ring: Hurrit
Amulet?
Cloak?

I am assuming you are ready to move on... which door next?

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

I already have a better cloak, but I could use the amulet and save on scrolls of barkskin.

Chak returns to the hall and positions himself at door #5, ready to open it when everyone else is ready.

351 to 400 of 839 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Silbeg's Academy of Secrets All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.