GM Silbeg's Academy of Secrets

Game Master Silbeg

Handouts and tactical


151 to 200 of 829 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

As it is the only hall left with a key-light, the team makes their way to the Hall of Seeing.

time:
Set time
1d6 ⇒ 4minutes

It takes the team 4 minutes to find the room with the key-light.

The Hall of Seeing’s challenge is located at the central junction of the building’s two main halls—an easy place to reach! The two long hallways meet in a 15-foot-diameter circular room with a domed ceiling above. The walls of this room between the four hallways are decorated with several tall mirrors—the orange key-light appears to float 4 feet off the ground in the center of the room, but only in the reflections in the mirrors, not in the room itself.

As Chak approaches the mirror, he sees something that troubles him. Grabbing some curtains from the room' windows, he attempts to cover the mirror.

Chak disable;time: 1d20 + 24 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 24 + 5 = 402d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

Unfortunately, you are left with a quandry. He saw the orange key-light in the mirror, but it is not here in the room.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Molly rubs her chin for a moment as she looks around the room. Not having the mind for magic, she looks at it from a practical standpoint.

"Well, maybe the keylight is actually there but is invisible. Or perhaps you need to interact with the trapped mirror in order to get the key. On that point, what is odd about that mirror anyway?"

As Molly speaks she closes her eyes and tries to feel around the area where the mirror should be to look for it.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Chak pulls out a scroll of see invisibility and reads it. He looks for the key-light.

Grand Lodge

Huritt mutters a quick cantrip, then begins studying the room.

Knowledge (arcana) @ +11, Spellcraft @ +18
If any magical items to identify, will cast identify and take 10 for 38 Spellcraft.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

"After I read my first scroll, the rest of you step far back so as not to trigger the mirror."

Chak plans to read a scroll of invisibility and then a scroll of identify and will try to study the mirror.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Hurrit looks at the magic coming around the cloth.
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Hurrit believes that the aura is of divination magic, probably not surprising given where you are. The nature of the magic makes him think that it is probably triggered by touch, not proximity.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Chak reads his scrolls and then looks at the mirror.
Folks, if you want to do a contingent skill roll, please do so in a spoiler, with a good description. Helps me a lot, and then you get to roll!

Chak:

You see yourself in the mirror. You reflection smiles, waves, and then turns around, walking towards the orange ball of light in the middle of the room.

Spellcraft w/ identify: 1d20 + 22 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 22 + 10 = 39

Chak is able to determine that the mirror has the spell contact other plane embedded in it, triggering on a touch. Your image in the mirror turns around, and beckons at you to follow.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Chak thought it was odd to see himself in the mirror while he was invisible.

"I guess this mirror has the ability to see invisible things."

He decided though, that a mirror should be a mirror and as long as he didn't have to touch it, he followed what the image in his "reflection" was doing.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Chak has see invisible running, does he not?

Chak:

Chak's image points at the key-light hanging in the middle of the room... at least in the mirror, pantomiming reaching out to grab it.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

No, when Hurritt's didn't detect anything, Chak decided not to use his.

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 1/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik heads over to Chak. "Save your scroll." He casts Invisibility on the Tengu. "Do not worry about my spell reservoir, I have many more."

He then does as Chak requests, and steps away from the mirror.

Sorry for my delay on posting. Sick days have been making a lot of things a hassle.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice
Chak Yuen Chen wrote:
No, when Hurritt's didn't detect anything, Chak decided not to use his.

Chak:

Ok, then that's funny. I missed that, because then your image would have been invisible. No matter... we'll roll with it.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Chak turns around, and walks towards the middle of the room.
Though only folks that can see invisibility would know.

Chak:

You see an orange glowing ball in the room, in the same place as it is in the mirror!

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

"What's 'e doing there? Laddie's done gone invisible and no explosions have happen'd. Canna be good, cannit?" Balik peers into the room as if looking closer will make invisible things appear.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Chak reaches for the light.

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 1/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

"I feel as beneficial as a Gilman in the desert." Emberwik says dryly.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

How many ranks did you put into Craft Pun?

“Yeah, I really don’t have much to offer here. I guess that it makes sense, since the challenges are made made for a single person. I don’t like sitting still like this. What’s that Bubbles? Well, if you insist.”

Bubbles digs through Molly’s bag and pulls out a bottle of thick brown liquid and a few small glasses.

“So Bubbles said that we could quench Emberwik’s desert with this, my homemade Acadian applejack. Any other takers? It’s very good.”

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 1/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

All of them.

"A glass would be lovely."

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

"Ach, lass, y'do ken th' way t'a man's heart! If I wert thirty years younger, I'd pay ye a courtin' like ye never seen!" Balik takes a swig of the liquor happily and smacks his lips when he's done.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Molly pours herself and Emberwik a glass then after a moment of thought pours one for Chak and Huritt. She slowly drinks the cider, it’s slighly clouded amber presentation catching the light of the room delightfully. The alcoholic bite melts into an intensely satisfying apple tartness as she drinks it and leaves an aftertaste of ginger and blackberry as she exhales.

Ahh, that’s good. I’m not a fan of the ice water they serve at the pub, a human life is too short for bad alcohol.

“I’m flattered Balik, I am, but I’m already spoken for anyway. I’m sure Mal is worried about me, the Society pulls me away more often than I’d like but it’s hard to say no to such interesting challenges. How about the rest of you? Anyone waiting for your return after this is done?

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 1/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

"There is only shadows that await me with loving arms." He takes a drink from the cider, and gives a sound of satisfied taste. "Quite delicious." He wipes his face on his sleeve to clear off his lip.

"Straying from the Dark Lord's path is not a wise decision when he has his agents make certain you are in his sight. Fear not though, they are not interested in any of you."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

I'd bet he is powerful enough to break free if he wanted to, but he seems happy. Or satisfied? I'm terrible at reading people but the very least he is content.

Molly passes her glass over to Bubbles who wipes it down and stows it into the Bag of Holding.

"Our philosophies may not be compatible however I will never think ill of a person married to faith and country. It is a hard path to walk. Speaking for myself I would not be comfortable with the eyes of the Midnight Lord on me. His blessings through you are always welcome though."

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Chak reaches forward and grabs air. Suddenly, a bright orange key light appears in his hand!

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

“Well, I think we have all the keys we need. Now that we are done with the ‘appetesters’, it’s time for the main course.”

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

I think we need 5 but only have 3. I think we have to wait for the others to recharge at this point.

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 1/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

"Agreed." Emberwik finishes off the drink entirely. "I suspect these were not the parts that caused so much failure."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |
Chak Yuen Chen wrote:
I think we need 5 but only have 3. I think we have to wait for the others to recharge at this point.

That's right, we still need the key that killed the dwarf and the one that the lady with a black eye beat us to.

The tail on Molly's cap twitches for a second.

"Oh yes, thanks Bubbles for the reminder. We still need 2 more, but an opportunity to get those keys will not return for some time. I think we should make our way back to the Hall of Lies. Hopefully they've done something about Knur's body."

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Those of you who cannot currently see invisible things see a light appear, bobbing in the air for a moment before settling. A voice calls out somewhere near the light.

"I have a family waiting for me. Not my family, but one I offered a fresh start to from their dreadful, unpleasant and distasteful conditions in a remote backwoods village called Ravenmoor. I had already established, founded, and set up my scrivener shop in Ilsurian where I had helped solve a series or murders, killings and slayings. So I purchased a farmstead where the young couple could raise their young daughter. I taught the lady of the family to read and keep books so that she could tend my shop in my absence. Now she passes that learning onto her child. Soon I shall retire from the Society and manage my store full time."

After a few minutes the invisibility fades and Chak is standing there holding the light.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

time:

Balik Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (13) + 23 = 36
Chak Perception: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (17) + 29 = 46
Emberwik Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Huritt Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Molly Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37
time: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) = 9

9 more minutes. Total time now 69 minutes*

The team heads to the Hall of Shaping, and after a time, Chak makes his way in. This room’s key-light bobs just off the floor at the center of the dragon carvings on the floor to the north. As Chak approaches, he again realizes that it is trapped.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Chak decided to wait on using another scroll of heroism, hoping luck would be with him as he worked on the next trap.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 22 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 22 + 5 = 40

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 1/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik will casually cast Guidance on Chak, being one of the only means he can offer some help.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

As Chak starts working on the trap, three statues around the room start moving, suddenly!

perception:

Balik Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (13) + 23 = 36
Chak Perception: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (7) + 29 = 36
Emberwik Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
Huritt Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Molly Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25
Bubbles Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Riddywipple Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

init:

Balik Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 1
Chak Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 6
(Can always act in surprise round)
Emberwik Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 4
Huritt Init: 1d20 ⇒ 11 5
Riddywipple Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 7
Molly Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 3
Bubbles Init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17 2
statues: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 8

Chak somehow realizes something is amiss, and is not caught off guard like the others! 1 partial action due to surprise round. See slide #4

Chak is/are up.
Universal Adjustments: Bless
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge: Planes!

Summoning Surprise Round:


  • S Balik
  • S Bubbles
  • S Molly
  • S Emberwik
  • S Hurrit
  • S Riddywipple
  • => Chak
  • Statues

U = Unconscious 
S = Surprised 
D = Delay
R = Readied Action

Conditions:
Balik: 112/112
Bubbles: 48/48
Chak: 100/100
Emberwik: 111/111
Hurrit: 95/95
Molly: 96/96
Riddywhipple: 47/47

Enemies:
Pink:
Teal:
Yellow”:


Round to progress: 22 May 2019, 22:00 CDT (UTC-5)

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Dropping his tools, Chak draws his blade as he studies yellow.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Batlike wings stretch behind this stone-faced creature with a wide,
wild grin and fierce red eyes. The molten core in the creature’s
torso glows through rugged cracks in its dark stone skin.

Pink points a finger at Chak, and two bolts of fire come towards the tengu.
ray vs touch ac 18: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22 fire: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 2, 5) = 11
ray vs touch ac 18: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22 fire: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 3, 5) = 15

Yellow steps towards Chak, and points at him. A grey beam comes from his finger and hits Chak, whose skin starts immediately turning grey like theirs. Chak is able to throw off the effect, though.
fort save, Chak: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

The final statue breathes a gout of fire at the bulk of the party.
fire breath: 8d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 4, 1, 1, 5, 6) = 24
Balik Reflex, imp evasion: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 none
Emberwik Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 half
Huritt Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 full
Riddywipple Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 evasion?
Molly Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 full
Bubbles Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14full

Party is/are up.
Universal Adjustments: Bless
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge: Planes!

Summoning Round 1:


  • => Balik
  • => Bubbles
  • => Molly
  • => Emberwik
  • => Hurrit
  • => Riddywipple
  • => Chak
  • Statues

U = Unconscious 
S = Surprised 
D = Delay
R = Readied Action

Conditions:
Balik: 112/112
Bubbles: 24/48
Chak: 74/100
Emberwik: 99/111
Hurrit: 71/95
Molly: 72/96
Riddywhipple: 47/47

Enemies:
Pink:
Teal:
Yellow:


Round to progress: 23 May 2019, 22:00 CDT (UTC-5)

Grand Lodge

Huritt leans down to kiss Balik's hand, and the monk's form begins to blur and waver as if standing behind flames. "Be brave, but safe, Your Highness!"

Standard Cast blur on Balik
Move Movement

Grand Lodge

Yes, improved evasion

Riddywipple conjures a mist to hide himself and Huritt, then pulls a scroll from his master's pack.

"The mist isn't real. Look through it." +4 Will to allies

Standard Cast silent image (Will DC 14)
Move Retrieve scroll of communal resist energy
Huritt's Will: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik starts a bit when Huritt kisses his hand, then nods when his form blurs. "Aye! Let's break some heads, lads and lasses!"

Entering Snake Style!

Balik scoots up the stone feller and tries to trip him! CMB: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31 If it suceeds, he uses Ki Throw to trip the feller into the square immediately east of Balik!

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 1/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik swiftly calls upon the shadows to grow massive wings of darkness, then flies up to a position of preventing more damage from group attacks.

Swift Action, then move 30ft up and 10ft over

Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (11) + 30 = 41

Order of Questions: What, Resistances, Defenses, Special Abilities. Will finish my standard action when I know what I can do.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

If Balik trips teal, Chak will study it and step to the southwest to full attack it. (Add the bonus for prone to the rolls.) If teal is not tripped, study pink, step east and full attack it.

Chak slices into his chosen target.

+1 Keen Adamantine Nodachi: 1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 19 + 1 = 39 Damage: 1d10 + 25 ⇒ (1) + 25 = 26
+1 Keen Adamantine Nodachi: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 1 = 35 Damage: 1d10 + 25 ⇒ (1) + 25 = 26
+1 Keen Adamantine Nodachi: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14 Damage: 1d10 + 25 ⇒ (9) + 25 = 34
Bite (Secondary): 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 1 = 34 Damage: 1d3 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Confirm 1st Nodachi: 1d20 + 19 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 19 + 1 = 39 Damage: 1d10 + 25 ⇒ (4) + 25 = 29
Confirm 2nd Nodachi: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 1 = 16 Damage: 1d10 + 25 ⇒ (4) + 25 = 29
Confirm Bite: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 1 = 17 Damage: 1d3 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Full rounding yellow with rapid shot. Activating adreniline rush and daring myself to hit yellow. If a 14 misses and 23 hits, I succeed because of my dare.

Molly winces from the flames as they hit her but fires back with her bow.

I bet I can't take this thing down faster than Balik.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31
Damage 1: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 3) + 12 = 17

Attack 2: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
Damage 2: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 2) + 12 = 16

Attack 3: 1d20 + 11 + 1d8 + 1d8 ⇒ (3) + 11 + (8) + (1) = 23
Damage 3: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (5, 1) + 12 = 18

Attack 4: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27
Damage 4: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 3) + 12 = 19

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Emberwick:

These are a rather rare creature known as a Garipan. They are medium native outsiders, very similar to gargoyles in appearance. Once they were once evils in service to the legions of Hell, but are no longer bound to that infernal hierarchy. Garipans combine some of the worst depravities of devils with the freedom of beings with nothing at all to lose.

They have resistant, stony hides, which protect them from some damage of all types. They are somewhat resistant to acid, fire, and cold, but are vulnerable to sonic damage. Their stony nature makes them immune to poison, as well.

Due to the flames from their gut, their bite can light their targets on fire, and if they should land both claw attacks, they will rip their target to shreds.

They are able to breathe out gouts of flame (as you have already seen) in a similar fashion to a dragon, and of course, with wings like those, they can fly reasonably fast.

Balik manages to trip teal, as Riddywhipple causes mischief.

Chak is able to land a solid blow onto the prone teal, and a strong but not so solid blow. He also is able to bite the thing in a not so pleasant place. The blows are deflected on the rock-hard skin of the the thing.

Molly then hits yellow with four arrows. She finds that her arrows are partially deflected by its tough skin.

I think Emberwick still has a standard action?
Round to progress: 23 May 2019, 22:00 CDT (UTC-5)

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 1/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik blasts one of the statues with a wave of flames that has shrieking and screaming skulls leading it's fiery onslaught.

5d8 Fire and 1d4 Wisdom Damage, targeting Pink
Screaming Flames Reflex DC24 Halves: 5d8 ⇒ (5, 1, 1, 4, 8) = 19
Screaming Flames Will Save DC24 Negates: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

No Bubbles. I have no idea what that spell was, but I can agree that a flaming screaming skull fired at a gargoyle with mist in the background is very metal.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Ref dc24: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 9 fire, less resistance.
Will dc 24: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
per aonprd it is 1d3 of wisdom damage
1d3 ⇒ 2

The flaming skulls seem to affect the pink statue, but not that badly.

Yellow flies to Chak, ready to shred. And it succeeds, though Chak does not start on fire.
Bite vs AC 20: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23 bite: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 fire: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 4) = 14
Chak Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28 did not catch fire
Claw vs AC20: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24 Claw: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Claw vs AC20: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32 Claw: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Rend: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Teal attacks the one who hurt it so badly, from its back. It is not as successful as its brethren, mostly do to its disadvantaged state.
Bite vs AC 20: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 17 - 4 = 16 bite: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 fire: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 5) = 12
Chak Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

Claw vs AC20: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 17 - 4 = 27 Claw: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Claw vs AC20: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 17 - 4 = 16 Claw: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Rend: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Proving itself to be an evil creature, pink flies up to breathe, engulfing even its ally in the flames. Then again, perhaps the horror it just saw caused it to lose some common sense? Basil and Chak avoid the fire, but everyone else is scorched somewhat!
fire: 8d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 2, 2, 3, 6, 3, 3) = 24
Balik Reflex, imp evasion: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
Chak Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25(evasion, +5 vs traps)
Emberwik Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Molly Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Bubbles Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Teal reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Party is/are up.
Universal Adjustments: Bless
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge: Planes!

Summoning Round 2:


  • => Balik
  • => Bubbles
  • => Molly
  • => Emberwik
  • => Hurrit
  • => Riddywipple
  • => Chak
  • Statues

U = Unconscious 
S = Surprised 
D = Delay
R = Readied Action

Conditions:
Balik: 112/112
Bubbles: 24/48
Chak: 30/100
Emberwik: 87/111
Hurrit: 71/95
Molly: 60/96
Riddywhipple: 47/47

Enemies:
Pink: -4, -2 WIS
Teal: -106
Yellow: -50


Round to progress: 25 May 2019, 22:00 CDT (UTC-5)

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 1/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik casts the spell Cure Critical Wounds, then flies over to Chak and casts it upon him.

Cure Critical: 4d8 + 12 ⇒ (7, 5, 4, 5) + 12 = 33
Sorry about the incorrect wisdom dice, was posting from phone and going back/forth quickly.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Dare Driven: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Continuing on yellow. This time I’m using raining arrows so I can hit the jerk with holy water. I’m saving my Dare dice for a save this round if needed, so add a d8 to my first save if I need one. The dice explodes on a 7 and 8.

Molly pulls out glowing arrows with oversized heads from her quiver and launches them at her enemy.

“We need to put a stop to that fire!”

Attack 1: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34
Damage: 2d6 + 2d4 + 12 ⇒ (4, 1) + (1, 4) + 12 = 22

Attack 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Damage: 2d6 + 2d4 + 12 ⇒ (4, 5) + (4, 4) + 12 = 29

Attack 3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Damage: 2d6 + 2d4 + 12 ⇒ (6, 2) + (3, 2) + 12 = 25

Attack 4: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35
Damage: 2d6 + 2d4 + 12 ⇒ (5, 4) + (2, 3) + 12 = 26

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 1/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Just realized; I never shared this info yet.

"These are a rather rare creature known as a Garipan. They are medium native outsiders; resistant stony hides which protect them from some damage of all kinds. Sonic damage will hurt them the most, and don't bother with poison."

"If you get struck by both claws, they will ignite you with their flames."

Grand Lodge

Huritt claps his hands together loudly and shouts a sentence in something draconic sounding, then conjures a sovereign dragon along the mist's edge. As it inhales, a sound like an orchestra warming up in an iron-walled room echoes around jarringly, then stops suddenly as the dragon smiles at the garipans.

Full Round Cast persistent minor image (DC 26 Will)
Non 5-ft. step

Grand Lodge

From somewhere in the mist, a high-pitched voice shouts, "Uncle is going to shatter your eardrums so hard your pea-brains implode!"

Standard Concentrate
Bluff @+19

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Apologies, Memorial Day travels.

Balik slides to the SE, flanking the prone thingy.
Flurry, Flanked, magic/cold iron/silver/law: 1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 19 + 2 = 39 for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 3) + 7 = 12 damage!
Flurry, Flanked, magic/cold iron/silver/law: 1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 19 + 2 = 23 for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 = 12 damage!
Flurry, Flanked, magic/cold iron/silver/law: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 2 = 36 for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 6) + 7 = 15 damage!
Flurry, Flanked, magic/cold iron/silver/law: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 14 + 2 = 20 for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 5) + 7 = 13 damage!
Flurry, Flanked, magic/cold iron/silver/law: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13 for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 6) + 7 = 15 damage!

Cri Confirm? Flurry, Flanked, magic/cold iron/silver/law: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 2 = 24 for 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 1) + 7 = 11 damage!

151 to 200 of 829 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Silbeg's Academy of Secrets All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.