GM Silbeg's Academy of Secrets

Game Master Silbeg

Handouts and tactical


101 to 150 of 819 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Your competitors are pictured on slide #5

As the team makes their way to the the Hall of Lies, you see Knur hurry past you, moving as well towards the Hall of Lies. Just ahead of the team, he reaches the green key-light, but seem to be chasing it in an odd slow motion. Once he gets there, he turns around, catching your eyes. Suddenly, his face contorts into a look of sheer horror as he drops the ball of light, frantically trying to stave off something that none of you can see. He screams in a blood-curdling cry, all color flushes from his face, and he collapses.

By the time you get there, you can tell he has died. The key-light winked out of existence as soon as his life passed.

kn:arnaca DC27:

The dwarf was affected by a heightened phantasmal killer!

kn:arcana or history, DC25:

The key-light should regenerate in an hour, if what you recall is true.

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Apologies. Been sick today and posting minimally.

"Hall of Lies? As long as someone else is more talented at discerning them, then I see no reason why not."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Molly pulls out her Filter Mask and puts it on.

"Ahh! What just happened? Gas? Magic? Uhh, what do we do now?"

Sometimes I dislike that fact that I have no idea what anything is, even after all this time. But then I remember that's what a team is for. Someone will tell me what to do and I will be able to do it.

Grand Lodge

Huritt looks down at the dwarf's body, then pulls out a metallic rod. "Perhaps we should prepare ourselves before continuing any further?"

After casting a few spells on himself and Riddywipple, he focuses on the dwarf's body.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Temp HP: 2d10 + 13 ⇒ (5, 3) + 13 = 21
Temp HP (Riddy): 2d10 + 13 ⇒ (7, 8) + 13 = 28

Casting darkvision, enchantment foil, extended see invisibility, greater false life, greater false life (Riddywipple), overland flight. Then checking the dwarf with detect magic.

Grand Lodge

"Hey, Boss. That glowy light will come back in an hour. You should wait for it, it would be perfect for you."

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Are you going to wait an hour, or find another key-light. Remember, you will need one per PC, and that it IS a race

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

"Are we sure what we are seeing is real, true, and accurate and not some trick?"

Is there any physical remnant of the key-light?

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

"Great Hoary Nuts of Giants! That poor dwarf done got himself kill't. Well, now. Looks like the Lie's not workin' out so well. I decree we ought to try t'next Hall. How'bout we try the Whisperin' Hall?" Balik shrugs at the dwarven corpse, clearly not bothered by his mortality.

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik looks to Chak. "Unfortunately, my eyes cannot discern this well enough to determine if it is or isn't."

He then looks to Balik. "If that is thy wish, then let us proceed, you're majesty. Should we see if the dwarf had anything else helpful on him first?"

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik shrugs and searches the dead dwarf, muttering some detect magic while he does to see if he holds any secrets. He also cuts off the dwarf's pinkie finger in case anyone wants to raise him later.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Many eyes are upon you, if you were to loot the dwarf's body. That includes what Balik is thinking of doing.

Grand Lodge

"As his majesty commands, to the Hall of Whispers."

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

As you enter into the Hall of Whispers, you enter a room filled with crates that are apparently filled with a fine loam. This would seem more odd if this wasn't the hall where necromancy is studied.

At this time, Drak notices two things. First, an erie violet glow is seeping out of the cracks of an earth-filled crate. Second, there is a faint sigil etched on the crate, apparently a magical trap. He does think that he can probably disable it, if he would like.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

“I really don’t like this place. Lots of bad vibes in here. Is the dirt in these crates graveyard soil? I’d bet it’s graveyard soil. ”

Molly starts keeps an eye out for trouble while Bubbles sweeps around for evil auras.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28

Grand Lodge

Huritt pulls out two scrolls and hands one to Riddywipple, then begins scanning the room.

Riddy gets death ward. Huritt keeps anti-incorporeal shell and then detects magic.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Other than the hall of summoning, none of these buildings were immensely huge. As long as they didn't dally and debate too much, they should be able to take care of a few of them before one of his tricks expired. Chak pulls out a scroll and reads it.

Heroism (50 minutes)

"I can disable, remove, and deactivate the sigil, but can anyone get a read on that glow? It might not be a trap but it might be out to get me."

Once determined it is save to approach the glowing crate (or if safety cannot be determined), Chak will move in to disable the trap.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 24 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 24 + 5 = 45

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

kn: arcana Hurrit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Hurrit has no idea what the light is... but you are looking for a "key-light".

Chak easily breaks the inscribed rune that was holding the spell, rendering the heightened horrid wilting trap ineffective. He then digs through the crate, and finds a key-light is the source of the glow!

Grand Lodge

"That went well! To the Hall of Charms next?"

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

"Aye, charms 'tis!"

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Good enough.

GM:

1: Summoning
2: Seeing
3: Induction
4: Shaping
5: Charms
Illia: 1d5 ⇒ 4
Maganrad: 1d5 ⇒ 5

As you walk over to the Hall of Charms, you see Jandar Lilswin, who lets you know that Maganrad has already claimed the Hall of Charms's key-light, and that Illia has claimed the one in the Hall of Shaping.

This leaves the Halls of Summoning, Seeing, and Induction. If you wait an hour, all of the Halls except Whispers will have reset.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

"We are behind, but this will be a marathon, not a sprint. I am going to the Hall of Summoning. No time to waste!"

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

It sounds like we don't have a choice but to wait for at least one of them. We need 4 more but only 3 others are currently available. My guess is this was written for 4 PCs and having 5 is causing a bit of a complication.

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

"Charms? Aye I ken charm them well 'nough."

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Summoning it is!

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik follows the others, onward to the Hall of Summoning.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

See slide #4

When you finally wind your way through the building to this classroom, you notice a series of five reddish lights orbiting in the room. All of them look like the light that you are trying to recover.

As Chak gets close to the first one, he realizes that at least this one has some sort of magical trap on it.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

“Hah, enough for all of us! Or is this another trick? Either way, I'm glad to have someone who can handle all of these traps. Disarming traps by walking into them is exciting, but unpleasant.”

Molly takes a seat and begins to readjust her armor and bandolier.

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

"Oh lass, I doona think it'll be that easy, eh! Lemme see what I ken make o'it." Balik casts detect magic and studies the lights. Spellcraft: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Chak decided to protect himself in cast something was summoned in the hall.

Scroll of frigid touch stored in spell storing armor.
Scroll of shield stored in ioun stone.
Scroll of barkskin (30 minutes)
Scroll of heightened awareness (10 minutes; will use for the +4 init bonus if combat breaks out)

Chak then tries to disable the rune in front of him.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 24 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 24 + 5 = 32

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Spoiler:
1d5 ⇒ 4

Chak plays with the light for a moment, and as able to kerjigger a way to short-circuit the magical trap. However, when he touches it, it winks out of existence.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

As Molly fiddles with the items on her bandolier she pulls out a injection needle filled with a glowing black liquid. She gets up and brings it to Emberwik and Huritt while Chak and Balik deal with the trap and key-lights.

“So since we’ve already come across spells that instantly kill you I’d like you to know what this is and what it does. This Cardioamp will bring someone back from the dead and it can do so when magic would normally fail. If I go down you can use it on me. If a bunch of us go down, I’ll leave it up to you who to pick up so the mission can continue.”

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Chak slowly approaches the next light (blue border).

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Did my spellcraft roll gain me any information?

Grand Lodge

Huritt and Riddywipple both study Molly's strange device for a minute. "Very interesting. I'd heard of these Numerian things, but never seen one before."

-----

Huritt examines the remaining orbs for a few seconds.

Will Disbelief: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice
Balik Ulfenssen wrote:
Did my spellcraft roll gain me any information?

Balik:
They are pretty floaty lights. At least one is probably a key light.

Note: spellcraft is used to identify a spell as it is cast. Otherwise you'd need arcana

To try and determine properties of a magic item means you need to be able to examine closely... which I assume usually means touching.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice
Chak Yuen Chen wrote:
Chak slowly approaches the next light (blue border).

Chak is pretty sure this one is trapped as well.

They are all trapped, so if you want to roll all of the disable device checks...

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Chak gets to work...

Disable Device: 1d20 + 24 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 24 + 5 = 34
Disable Device: 1d20 + 24 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 24 + 5 = 43
Disable Device: 1d20 + 24 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 24 + 5 = 30
Disable Device: 1d20 + 24 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 24 + 5 = 36

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

dice:

1d4 ⇒ 1

Chak first finds a way to sever the magical connections on the next light... which does not wink out. He then makes his way around the room, leaving the key-light bobbing there. Unfortunately, he fails to disarm the fourth one, but he realizes it in time, and can try again. He realizes that he is good enough to not set it off, so disables all of the traps.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

time:

Charms:
Balik Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (13) + 23 = 36
Chak Perception: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (19) + 29 = 48
Emberwik Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Huritt Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Molly Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32
1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 minutes

Whispers:
Balik Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (7) + 23 = 30
Chak Perception: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (6) + 29 = 35
Emberwik Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Huritt Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Molly Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28
1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 minutes

Summoning:
Balik Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (2) + 23 = 25
Chak Perception: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (14) + 29 = 43
Emberwik Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Huritt Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Molly Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32
1d6 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 minutes

6 disable attempts: 12d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 1, 1, 4, 3, 1, 4, 2, 4, 2) = 32 +3 minutes


So far you have taken 34 minutes

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

“Good. Two down, three to go. I’m interested in seeing what they cooked up for us at the Hall of Induction.”

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Slightly better today. Still sluggish.

Emberwik follows Molly the Lost towards the Hall of Induction. The irony is not lost upon him.

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik follows the others to Induction.

GM Silbeg:
Gotcha on the Arcana/Spellcraft distinction. Balik knows things he can see and nothing abstract, like actual knowledge. He lives in the moment, it's just not the same moment everyone else is in...

Grand Lodge

"This has been way too easy so far, and that's making me very paranoid."

Hall of Induction

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

"Never confuse competence with luck, lad. We're lucky bucks who hae good companions. Plus, my royality's given ye m'blessin'. Canna go wrong wit' blessin' AND good folk." He smiles benevolently, but then his face darkens. "Unless they're orphans. Canna trust orphans, laddie; THEY DONNA HAE PARENTS. WHAT HAPPEN'D TO THEIR PARENTS?!?" He shakes his head. "Disgraceful."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

As Molly walks she takes off Bubbles and lets him float by her side while she adjusts her hair.

“Well, while my parents aren’t dead, I’ve been orphaned from my tribe until I can prove myself. I know that they would take me back at this point but I want to do something truly incredible first. While this has been ‘easy’, this isn’t even the real trial yet. This is just getting in the door. I am hoping for a challenge from these mages once we enter the hall. Also, that dude died screaming back there. Let’s not discount that.”

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

"I am afraid any life before dedicating myself to the Lord Zon-Kuthon is beyond my memory, your grace. He is the only parent I now have. Nidal is unforgiving to the idea of sentimentality."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

"Nidal? Hmm. My travels have taken me into the Menador Mountains, but never into the land of the Midnight Lord itself. I've heard many things but I can't say I've ever met anyone from there. What's it like?'

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

"To give you enough of an idea of how failure is not accepted, there is a test students at the University of Pangolais must take. The test requires the student to place what is effectively a flute into their teacher's throat with incision tools."

"If done correctly, the flute plays music when the teacher breaths. If done improperly, the teacher dies from drowning in their own blood. Students who fail are then given to the shadows and have their souls removed. A punishment to both the student and teacher who have failed, and witnessed by the entire university."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Molly winces and rubs her hands together nervously.

“That sounds like a terrible music class. And to enact such a punishment on those that are still learning is, well, something I cannot agree with. Kurgess teaches that defeat is as important as victory, even more so since you now have a goal to overcome. And to have your soul consumed by shadows? I can’t imagine myself signing up to do that. I will beg your pardon if this question offends you, but do you like living in Nidal?”

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

On to the hall of induction!

time:

Balik Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33
Chak Perception: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (5) + 29 = 34
Emberwik Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Huritt Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Molly Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (20) + 18 = 38
2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5 minutes

After five minutes of searching the Hall, you find the room. (up to 39 minutes)

The air in this room smells acrid, making the eyes water—the source is a large brazier of burning incense in the corner and a curious set of glass pipes connecting two vats of bubbling liquid (one green, one red). The key-light in this room is traveling back and forth inside of the glass tube—although the light itself is yellow in color, it appears variously green or red as it swims through the fluid, looking yellow in the middle. The glass and fluid apparatus is partially alchemical and partially an evocation-infused magical item, and in order to get the key-light, the glass tube must be shattered.

As you approach, Chak notices that the device is obviously trapped! It will explode in a shower of elemental damage (5d6 fire, acid, and electicity, each, for 15d6) unless he disarms the trap. He is quickly able to disarm the magical trap, and the breaks open the apparatus, freeing the key-light!

Chak disable;time: 1d20 + 24 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 24 + 5 = 332d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
Now at 40 minutes

101 to 150 of 819 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Silbeg's Academy of Secrets All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.