GM Silbeg's Academy of Secrets

Game Master Silbeg

Handouts and tactical


201 to 250 of 824 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Molly, they do not have the evil subtype, so the holy water only gets them wet! As you did not list your modifiers, I cannot see if you took the -2 penalty for using the raining arrows, btw

Molly hits with all four arrows, harming the creature, and making it wet. Some steam comes off of its body, but that seems to be the bulk of the effect of the holy water. Yellow still stands, though.

Teal is not so lucky as Balik beats the living crap out of it, and it stops moving, its fires starting to burn down.

Bubbles, Chak is/are up.
Universal Adjustments: Bless
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge: Planes!

Summoning Round 2:


  • x Balik
  • => Bubbles
  • x Molly
  • x Emberwik
  • x Hurrit
  • x Riddywipple
  • => Chak
  • Statues

U = Unconscious 
S = Surprised 
D = Delay
R = Readied Action

Conditions:
Balik: 112/112
Bubbles: 24/48
Chak: 63/100
Emberwik: 87/111
Hurrit: 71/95
Molly: 60/96
Riddywhipple: 47/47

Enemies:
Pink: -4, -2 WIS
Yellow: -107


Round to progress: 28 May 2019, 16:00 CDT (UTC-5)

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Chak tries to finish off yellow (and if able to reach pink will attack it once yellow is down.

Includes bless, studied target and power attack.
+1 Keen Adamantine Nodachi: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21 Damage: 1d10 + 25 ⇒ (6) + 25 = 31
+1 Keen Adamantine Nodachi: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27 Damage: 1d10 + 25 ⇒ (10) + 25 = 35
+1 Keen Adamantine Nodachi: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 Damage: 1d10 + 25 ⇒ (4) + 25 = 29
Bite (Secondary): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19 Damage: 1d3 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

Terrible rolls

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Chak attacks yellow, but only hits once. He blade does tremendous damage, tough, even in spite of its stony skin. Just barely, yellow goes down.

gm:

1 attacks dragon: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Bubbles in delay
Pink flies 5' to take itself out of flank with the dragon, and breathes on much of the party, perhaps an unwise move seeing how many were unaffected by the previous breath weapons!

fire!: 8d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 6, 2, 1, 5, 6) = 29
Balik Reflex, imp evasion: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Chak Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15 (evasion, +5 vs traps) Fail
Emberwik Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Molly Reflex: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Bubbles Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Fail

Again Balik manages to remain unscathed, though the rest do take some damage. Bubbles is looking very scorched.

Bubbles + Party is/are up.
Universal Adjustments: Bless
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge: Planes!

Summoning Round 3:


  • => Balik
  • => Bubbles
  • => Molly
  • => Emberwik
  • => Hurrit
  • => Riddywipple
  • => Chak
  • Statues

U = Unconscious 
S = Surprised 
D = Delay
R = Readied Action

Conditions:
Balik: 112/112
Bubbles: 10/48
Chak: 34/100
Emberwik: 73/111
Hurrit: 71/95
Molly: 46/96
Riddywhipple: 47/47

Enemies:
Pink: -4, -2 WIS
Yellow: -137


Round to progress: 28 May 2019, 20:00 CDT (UTC-5)
Bubbles may take 2 actions, for the delay + her turn.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Studying the final enemy, Chak tears into it with sword and... beak?

bless, studied target, power attack
+1 Keen Adamantine Nodachi: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (3) + 20 = 23 Damage: 1d10 + 25 ⇒ (3) + 25 = 28
+1 Keen Adamantine Nodachi: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25 Damage: 1d10 + 25 ⇒ (1) + 25 = 26
+1 Keen Adamantine Nodachi: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Damage: 1d10 + 25 ⇒ (6) + 25 = 31
Bite (Secondary): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27 Damage: 1d3 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Confirm 3rd attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 Damage: 1d10 + 25 ⇒ (9) + 25 = 34

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 1/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik decides ending this conflict sooner then casting his healing magic after the fight may be the best decision; everyone is too scattered for him to effectively perform his duty.

With a mighty flap of his wings, he flies to above the Garipan 30ft above it, flying up at a greater than 45 degree angle.

Fly Skill 9 Ranks, 4 Dex, 4 bonus from maneuverability DC20: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 4 + 4 = 27

Then Emberwik casts a fireball from his Staff of Fire upon the Garapan, using his learning from a previous adventure to prevent the destruction of any objects left lying around.

Willing to share the chronicle for verification of this boon.
Boon Here; Preservationist.

Fireball Damage DC22 Reflex/Halves (3rd Level Spell, +8 Charisma, Elemental Focus +1): 12d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 1, 3, 6, 3, 2, 4, 6, 3, 5, 6) = 43

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Chips of stone fly everywhere as Chak attacks, yet Pinks still stands.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Even though the creature avoids the bulk of the damage, what it does take appears to be enough!

The fiery hot creature succumbs to the fireball, and collapses..

Combat over. Chak the disarms the trap.

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 1/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik flies back to the ground. "Gather round me, everyone, and hold still."

Emberwik casts another Greater Path of Glory.
Healing four of us 48HP, the other two 44hp.

Grand Lodge

Huritt and Riddywipple move toward Emberwik's spell, and the illusionist casts his own as well.

Greater False Life: 2d10 + 13 ⇒ (8, 3) + 13 = 24

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Chak will read 2 scrolls of infernal healing over the next 2 minutes to heal up the rest of the way.

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

"Great flamin' fools! Think ye that were the cause of our dead dwarf friend?" Balik moves around, looking for a glowing key.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Molly holds Bubbles as she stand in Emberwik’s healing power.

Thanks for standing with me buddy.

“Garipans, an acceptable challenge. Also, I know what a garipan is now. Am I saying that word right?”

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

The party has now claimed the following key lights:
- Shaping
- Whispers
- Summoning
- Induction
- Seeing

With one per person, you believe that you can now enter the Hall of Wards, and try and catch up with Illia and Maganrad. You have not heard any commotion about them exiting the Hall, and this is confirmed by Jandar! "Hurry, Pathfinders! You still have the chance to win!" he says.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Once they reach the hall, Chak will read a few more scrolls.

ablative barrier (5 hours)
delay poison (3 hours)
darkvision (3 hours)
longstrider (1 hour)
freedom of movement (70 minutes)
heroism (50 minutes)
barkskin (30 minutes)

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 1/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

"Garipan is indeed correct, Molly."

Emberwik considers his reservoir of spells to keep him prepared when they get to the door.

He calls upon the dark energies of his master. Suddenly, sharp and vicious chains surround Emberwik like a barrier.

He also looks like he shines a bit, as if a reflective sheen is now covering him.

Spell Resistance (Self) (12 Minutes)
Hedging Weapons (Self) (12 Minutes)

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

When casting a buff spell, please add it to slide #3

The party moves on to the door outside of the Hall of Wards.
We will move on at 20:00 CDT tonight, give or take.

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik uses a ki point to cast feather step on himself and nondetection on himself for 1 ki pt.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

While everyone takes a few moments to prepare to enter the main hall, Molly takes this opportunity to stretch to help her stay limber and to make some minor adjustments to the straps on her armor.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

You are all able to easily approach the door to the Hall of Wards, once each of you have a keylight in hand. You open the door to see absolute darkness. Given this the only way in, you all go through the door. You fall through blackness for a moment, but quickly your senses are restored.

This stone room is nearly empty, save a sourceless, orange ambient light and a small table full of empty, stoppered crystal vials with peeling, faded labels. The outline of a door can be faintly seen in the north wall, though the wall is solid and seamless. A heavy iron door to the south looms ominously; a man’s horribly mutilated body lies in a patch of dried blood on the ground before this exit.

kn:local DC10:

This is Maganrad’s corpse.

DC20 Heal check:
The body was mangled after death

There does not appear to be anything of value on the corpse.

Balik, Chak, Molly:

Balik Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (16) + 23 = 39
Chak Perception: 1d20 + 29 ⇒ (10) + 29 = 39
Emberwik Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Huritt Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Molly Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35
You find a secret pocket that was missed. Inside is a scroll which appears to be magical, and one that is not.

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik hustles inside and over to the corpse.

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (12) + 21 = 33

"Magrand. Poor basterd. But he has a couplea' scrolls in his pocket. This one's clearly magical since it gives me a headache." Balik checks the second scroll.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Assuming neither appear to be trapped, Chak tries to decipher the magic scroll:

Linguistics: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (2) + 32 = 34 Chak can use linguistics instead of spellcraft to decipher scrolls.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Molly once again pulls up her Filter Mask and gives the body and more investigation capable people space to work while she takes an overwatch position.

“I’m guessing something very angry ended this man’s life. Bubbles, is there anything evil hiding in this room?

The tail on Molly’s cap begins to twitch as it scans around the room.

At this point I am immune to airborne toxins, diseases, and poisons for 1 hour, I will update my slide when I get back home.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

There is nothing other than the corpse in the room of any note.

Chak identifies the magic scroll as being one of scroll of break enchantment.

The other scroll, however, is more difficult.

Language Infernal:

The writing is dense and complex to decipher.
linguistic checks, please

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Chak looks over the other scroll.

"Something like the language of devils. Maybe a code, cipher, or cryptograph."

Linguistics: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (10) + 32 = 42

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Linguistics to Aid: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Chak:

The contract is between Maganrad and a devil named Nagxiv. In return for bolstering his magical abilities, a soul chosen by Maganrad at the time of the contract’s signing was forfeit to Nagxiv for 101 years—although the wording of the scroll cunningly makes Maganrad’s own soul the object of the contract.

Lemme know where to! Rule of three! Move your tokens!

Explore! Report! Cooperate! Don't Die!

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Into the hallway and the door immediately south across the hall. However I will let Chak go first since he's our trappy man.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

The door exiting the room is clear. Chak's trap sense does not tingle. Neither does it when he gets close to the door across the hallway.

Tokens?

Grand Lodge

Huritt reaches a hand toward Chak. "Mind if Riddy and I read that?"

Token moved. Who is holding onto the scroll of break enchantment?

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 1/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Just got back from playing locally.

"Agreed, let us go further."

Emberwik follows Chak into the room.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Chak hands the scroll to Hurrit.

I have a scroll of break enchantment of my own. Someone else who can use it should hold onto it in case I'm unable to use mine.

"We should be thorough in our investigation, delving and exploration. What we might find in one chamber may be of use in another."

Chak goes to the door across the hall, and determining it is not trapped, tests it.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

“No, I don’t like that plan. This is a race and that we always need to be moving forward. You don’t win a marathon by taking a side trip to shop.”

The tail on Molly’s cap twitches for a moment and seems to tighten its grip on her head.

Hmm, that’s a good point.

“Chak rises an excellent point though. We may need something from these other chambers if we are to win this race. From what we have seen from this day, the two contestants that rushed in have paid the price for their impatience. Perhaps the fastest way is the long way around. Lead on sir, I will follow.”

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Chak is sure that there are no traps on the door, and then opens it.
Pushing a little ;)

This room resembles an academic’s office, albeit the office of a very messy professor. Tattered books and broken furniture lie strewn across the floor. Some long-congealed dark liquid pools on the floor beneath a solid cascade of the same substance along the south wall, and what appear to be bone spurs protrude from the dark wooden wall surrounding an iron door on the opposite end of the small chamber. Bones from dozens of creatures rest in neat piles on the bookshelves, with the skull from each sitting atop its stack, staring into the room with vacant, hollow eyes.

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

"Ach, looks like a necramancer's broom closet." Balik steps in and looks around, casting detect magic.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Well I don't like the look of any of this.

Molly moves up into the hallway and readies her bow to strike at the bones or slime if either starts to move or react.

Grand Lodge

After he and Riddywipple read the scroll, Huritt stows it in his pack and moves up next to Chak.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Balik Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (15) + 23 = 38

Balik notices that there is a small crack in the back of a bookshelf. Shoved in there is a scroll of some sort.

Also, he notices that there is tiny writing over some of the bones.

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik moves closer to the bookshelf and retrieves the scroll, then peers at the bones to see if he can decipher the writing.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

"Hold up! Wait! Stop! Let me make sure it is not protected, warded, and trapped!"

Chak moves up scanning for traps.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Luckily, Chak does not find any traps when Balik moves up. The scroll appears magical.

On the largest bone, Balik reads “This is no Hall of Wards but a Hell of Magic. The Breaching is a sham. Flee, if you can, before the whispers drive you mad.”

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik reads the notation out loud. "Well now. Seems someone at least has an opinion on the testin'. 'Ere, someone wanna scroll?" He hands it to Hurritt to check out.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Chak frowns when the scroll is handed off to someone else, but he says nothing and heads down the hall to the next set of doors.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Neither door tickles Chak's senses, leaving him to believe that they are safe.

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 1/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik decides to take a peek through these doors by transforming into his Shadow Form (Works as Gaseous Form) and begins to check under the doors to peer inside each room.

Probably dangerous, but I want to expedite this a little bit, if the group and the GM is ok with that.

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik follows Chak, gesturing for him to be his guest in his quest for traps.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Emberwik:

You see bookshelves, and books.

Chak is still pretty sure that there are not traps on these doors.

Who is opening what?

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik will open the south door, once Chak gives his nod of approval.

Grand Lodge

Huritt casts a quick cantrip before reading the scroll, then holds it up for his familiar, and then passes it to Chak.

I have a sick feeling this scroll is cursed. Please be wrong!

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Huritt spellcradt: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36

It is a scroll of banishment.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 62/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Molly keeps her eyes peeled for potential danger. Her eyes dart around the hall and he feels the hair on the back of her neck stands up. She doesn’t understand why but at this point she has learned to trust her instincts.

So perhaps we have stepped into a lion’s den? That dark cloud, the mutilated body in a room with nothing. Something doesn’t feel right. Are we being hunted or is the gloom of this place making me paranoid?

201 to 250 of 824 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Silbeg's Academy of Secrets All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.