GM Silbeg's Academy of Secrets

Game Master Silbeg

Handouts and tactical


251 to 300 of 819 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

To save some time Chak will walk the length of the hallway to see if there are any traps.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Chak does not notice any traps on any of the doors.

Emberwik:

Floor-to-ceiling bookshelves cover the walls of this dimly lit library, with shorter stacks creating small dividers in the room’s interior. A reading table sits empty and unused in the library’s center. The shelves are a mass of fluttering pages, and books rearrange themselves and fly across the room constantly.

You hear a man's voice ask, "Who are you? Are you hear to help me, or to torment me?" An older wizard steps out around the stacks.

I'll reveal things on the slides, soon, but I want to go a little further with this

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

I don't normally look into other people's tabs but with Emberwik out and recovering (feel better soon) I'll take over this bit for him until he gets back. Bubbles hears this with his Telepathy and tells me what is happening.

Through the use of telepathy Molly hears the man's questions. She walks over to the door and opens it a crack but does not look inside. In a confident voice she calls out a friendly greeting to the stranger.

"Hello my good man, we are Pathfinders and if I am able to assist you I will. May we come inside?"

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Eyes are working again, if not a little sore. Trying to read on the Paizo site kind of hurts with the white background..

Emberwik unfortunately cannot speak in this form, so he transforms back to his normal state on the Old Man's side.

"Most interesting you can discern my shadow and I apart. I am not here initially to do either just yet."

Emberwik opens the door to let his allies in.

"Let us hear your tale of woe, sir."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

"Initially? What does that mean?" asks the man. "Pathfinders? What are you doing here?"

"I am Terentius, and I have been trapped here for 25 years. I cannot leave this room until I find my spellbook. Every time I get close, it moves away from me, and hides itself again!

"I fear that the searching... and the damnable moving books, have been driving me crazy. I fear that my sanity will not last long.

kn:history or local DC15:

Terentius was the only contestant of last year’s Breaching Festival to make it into the Hall of Wards.

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Kn. Local: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Chak whispers to his companions...

"Truly what a nightmare, horror, and fright it would be to be trapped in a place where books run away from you. But this man was part of last year's Breaching. A quarter century here he has not been."

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

As Chak says this, he sees three books, from different bookshelves, get fly across the room, and re-shelf themselves.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

I really don't want to upset this man. Bubbles, pass this along.

Molly speaks through Bubbles so as not to upset Terentius.

Telepathy:
"Being trapped in this place might unbalance even the mind of a mage, but what if he is right? Time might work differently here. Between what this man is saying and that strange darkness that we stepped into when we walked in this building, something is strange. I won't be surprised if this whole thing was a pocket dimension or plane of some sort."

Grand Lodge

"He's probably just dead and doesn't know it," Huritt says, "King Balik, my lord, can you tell whether he's actually alive?"

Can we make a skill check to identify the creature?

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Chak believes it is Terentiius, just one that is about 25 years older

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

"Hmph. Aye, well, that's a right question, innit? I s'pose I could poke 'im a bit t'see if he's alive, but 'at might defeat th'purpose." He scratches the large raven sitting on his shoulder while he thinks. "Terentius, how'd ya know it's been 25 years, laddie?"

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

"You will have to pardon me, but I had to make certain you were not just another trap or hazard before offering any aid."

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Balik, Chak:

Balik SM: 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (16) + 26 = 42
Chak SM: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33
Emberwik SM: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Huritt SM: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Molly SM: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
He is getting quite agitated

”Same way you know twenty five years of your life has gone by, how do you think!?” yells the man, backing up away from Emberwik. ”If you are so congenial, why are you hiding in the hallway? How do I know you are not just some Hamatulas waiting to torment me again... taunting me be standing in a hallway I cannot enter?” His volume is steadily increasing.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

“I’m cool with helping him find his spellbook. Let’s do it.”

Grand Lodge

"And what if whatever locks him in that room, locks you in as well?" Huritt says, then begins studying the library from a safe distance.

Cast detect magic. Spellcraft @ +18, Knowledge (arcana) @ +11.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Huritt, did you want to roll? Remember, that takes at least 3 rounds
Huritt casts detect magic, and starts studying the room.

”You won’t find what keeps me here with a simple cantrip. I am bound by a contract, bound by my soul. ”

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3
GM Silbeg wrote:


”Same way you know twenty five years of your life has gone by, how do you think!?” yells the man, backing up away from Emberwik. ”If you are so congenial, why are you hiding in the hallway? How do I know you are not just some Hamatulas waiting to torment me again... taunting me be standing in a hallway I cannot enter?” His volume is steadily increasing.

"Would you openly trust any door in this place either? You have been here longer than I, so certainly you would know to be on guard." Emberwik lets out a chuckle. "No, fates permit, perhaps it is your time to leave after all. Best you calm yourself, lest you lose that chance."

Diplomacy to calm him down: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Chak continues to whisper.

"I think we will waste a lot of time helping him now and we may very well get caught in the same trap he did. Let us finish the challenge we were sent to complete and then we can come back for him later."

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Molly freezes mid-step on her way to the room as she hears Huritt’s warning. Sheepishly, she moves back and awkwardly rubs the back of her neck in embarrassment.

I can’t believe I almost did that without thinking. One of these days that habit is going to kill me.

After puzzling over the situation, Molly whispers as she voices her concern.

“This place has to be a pocket plane, this building is normally a bunch of classrooms. People would notice someone endlessly searching for his spellbook. Also, this is the second mention of a deal with devils and contestants, if these things are not connected I would be surprised. Lastly, if my insane theory is true, we might not be able to get back here easily. What if we can only access this plane once a year? I think we need to help him”

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

"Why don't you come in where I can see you?" asks Terentius. "That is what polite folk would do.

"Don't worry, you are not going to be caught in the same 'trap' that I did, not unless you talk to Chyvvom. He's a right bastard.

"I really would appreciate the help finding my spellbook."

To Molly's "insane theory. "You might not be wrong. From what I can tell, from twenty-five years of study, we are in a pocket dimension. What year is it back home?"

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik steps into the room. "Now, wait, laddie. Who didya make a pact wit' now?"

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Chak decided to weigh the man's statements. If there were devil or whatever involved, there was usually a trick to it.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (12) + 25 = 37

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Molly moves into the room and looks around at the books on the shelves.

“Well, the current year is 4719.”

Telepathy to the Party:
I don’t know stuff about magic or dimensions or anything, but we might have until dusk before the contest ends and we lose our way home. Or several days, again this isn’t my thing.

Grand Lodge

"I'll wait here. One of us should stay outside just in case."

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

"4719? How is that possible?" asks Terentius. "I came in here in 4718... and it has been twenty five years!" He points to the back wall of the library, which is covered in hash marks.

"Chyvvom. Or that's what he calls himself. I can leave if I get my book. That simple, he said. But the books keep shifting. Always shifting!" he grabs at his head, a look torment growing. "Help me find my book, and I will help you to defeat the conniving bastard! It is a large leather bound book, with silver hinges and trim. It was quite fashionable in my day! You will help me, won't you?"

Chak:

He definitely appears to be telling the truth as he believes it.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

I have added the books that are currently flying across the room

Huritt:

With each of the books (that you can see) you also see something with no true form can be detected, yet a sense of force and hulking malevolence is undeniable in this creature’s presence.
knowledge planes

You also see one of those presences to the right of the door, next to Balik.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

Molly starts to look for the wizards spellbook.

"Hmm, silver hinges and trim."

Grand Lodge

Master and familiar chirrup and click at each other for a moment, then Riddywipple's voice enters his allies' minds. "Boss says there are invisible creatures moving the books. And one is right next to the King! Oh, and Boss says they are definitely not friendly."

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

"Are you going to help? Or are you just here to torment me?!" he yells out.

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Balik nods and looks around for the book in question. Perception: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (18) + 23 = 41

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik tries to help...
Perception: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

I am launching an Dye Arrow at the square the book nearest to Balik is flying in. With the Seeking enchant on my bow the arrow will ignore the concealment of the creature if it is in that square or if there isn’t I guess it will hit the book. This is a ranged touch attack that will do no damage, but will coat everything in 1 square foot of the impact point in pink dye.

These things will not let us take him and we don’t have time to play keep away with this devil magic or whatever this is.

“You’ve been tormented long enough!”

Hearing Huritt’s and Riddywipple’s warning, Molly notches a bright pink arrow and fires it at the book moving around the Ulfen king.

Ranged touch: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (7) + 22 = 29

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Chak wanders into the room and waits to see if the arrow has its intended effect.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

As Molly pulls out her bow and prepares to shoot, Terentius yells out, ”Noooooooo! BETRAYED! it was as I fortold!”

Initiative, and I will be moving Chak back to his previous position. I will need to switch to my laptop to set this up.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

initiative:

Balik Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 10
Chak Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 8
Emberwik Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 9
Huritt Init: 1d20 ⇒ 15 6
Riddywipple Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 7
Molly Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 3
Bubbles Init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3 11
Terentius init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 4
A: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 5
B: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 1
C: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 2

The book nearest Balik appears to be the one with the green-marked creature.

Note: I have added the invisible creatures to the board, for ease in running. However, please act accordingly, until you can actually see them.

Molly shoots, and exposes a creature holding on to a book! No true form can be detected, yet a sense of force and hulking malevolence is undeniable in this creature’s presence.

Then, the door slams shut! Then, something swings at Balik! Balik is rocked as if struck twice, but no one can see his adversary!
I did not see anything that prevented Balik from being flat footed or otherwise denied his dex bonus. Please correct me if I am wrong.
slam, invis, vs FF AC 18: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 = 30 SLAM: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11
slam, invis, vs FF AC 18: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 2 = 31 SLAM: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 5) + 4 = 12

Something moves up behind Molly and swings, though she cannot see it. She is struck once.
slam, invis, vs FF AC 21: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 = 26 SLAM: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 3) + 4 = 9

Green then steps up to attack Molly, its form showing anger. However, it fails to land a blow against a target that can see it.
slam, flank vs AC25: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 = 17 SLAM: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8
slam, flank vs AC25: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 2 = 21 SLAM: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 4 = 16

Terentius screams and casts a spell, encasing himself in a bubble of force.

Spellcraft DC19:
It is resilient sphere

The, Emberwik is swung at twice by something! He is rocked back by a blow, but feels the other just missing him.
slam, invis, vs FF AC 20: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 = 17 SLAM: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 2) + 4 = 12
slam, invis, vs FF AC 20: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 2 = 28 SLAM: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14

Hurrit, Riddywipple, Chak is/are up.
Universal Adjustments:
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge: Planes!

Library Round 1:


  • x Molly
  • x Red
  • R Orange
  • x Blue
  • R Pink
  • x Terentius
  • x Yellow
  • x Green [VISIBLE]
  • => Hurrit
  • => Riddywipple
  • => Chak
  • Emberwik
  • Balik
  • Bubbles

U = Unconscious 
S = Surprised 
D = Delay
R = Readied Action

Conditions:
Balik: 89/112
Bubbles: 48/48
Chak: 100/100
Emberwik: 97/111
Hurrit: 95/95
Molly: 87/96
Riddywhipple: 47/47

Enemies:
Terentius:
Red:
Orange:
Yellow:
Green:
Blue:
Pink:


Round to progress: 13 June 2019, 20:00 CDT (UTC-5)

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Alas I am as vulnerable as the next guy, assuming the next guy is vulnerable to invisible monsters...

Balik lets out a choked scream as something hits him harm! "Great Gods, 'tis invisible orphans! They be attackin' me! AH KNEW TWOULD HAPPEN!" Balik slips into Snake Style, and goes Total Defense (+4 Dodge)! He steps to the NW, putting his back to a bookshelf and looks around frantically for the wee invisible bairns wit'out parents!

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Balik is not up... but as he will be, I'll leave the action

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Doh, sorry!

Grand Lodge

Chaotic Neutral Tengu Slayer 12 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 35/100 | AC: 22 (13 T, 20 F) (+4 vs traps) | CMD: 31 (+4 vs traps) | F: 15, R: 16 (evasion, +5 vs traps), W: 15 | Init: 8 | Perc: 31 (37 vs traps, trap spotter) | Speed 40 |
Tracked Resources:
Tactician 1/1 | Reroll 1/1

Deciding that the door must have slam shut on its own accord and must be some trap, he figures it must be locked too. So he tries what he feels will be the fastest way to open the door. He steps forward, takes out his adamantine blade and chops at it.

+1 Keen Adamantine Nodachi: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25 Damage: 1d10 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28

Grand Lodge

Huritt opens the door and shouts, "This is why the smart people stayed in the hallway!"

He then speaks a couple of sentences in half-intelligible sounding words, his voice clearly slowing down and slurring toward the end.

Move Open Door
Standard Cast persistent slow (DC 25 Will) (red, orange, yellow, green)
Non 5-ft. step

Grand Lodge

Huritt clicks his tongue at Riddywipple, whistles, then points to Balik. Riddy pantomimes closing a book and putting it back on the shelf, and suddenly a large, floor-to-ceiling shelf made of darkwood and filled with a rainbow of books with candy-colored bindings appears between Balik and the nearest monsters.

Telepathy to Allies:
"Isn't my new bookshelf pretty? If only it were real!"

+4 Will to disbelieve

Standard cast silent image (DC 14 Will)

Huritt's Will: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34

Forgot to say, Huritt used metamagic adept.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

Assuming Chak is chopping on the hinge side, so it could fall off.

Though Chak cuts through the door where it should fall free, it does not.
Hurrit, STR check to push door open.

Waiting on the results

Grand Lodge

"If that strike didn't open it, Chak, I can't help!"

Huritt flies down the hall and pulls on the other door.

Move Movement
Standard Open door

Riddy will pass.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

As soon as Hurrit opens the door, it slams shut!

Emberwik, Bubbles, Molly is/are up.
Universal Adjustments:
Universal Conditions:
Knowledge: Planes!

Library Round 1-2:


  • => Molly
  • x Red
  • R Orange
  • x Blue
  • x Terentius
  • x Yellow
  • x Green [VISIBLE]
  • R Pink
  • x Hurrit
  • x Riddywipple
  • x Chak
  • => Emberwik
  • x Balik
  • => Bubbles

U = Unconscious 
S = Surprised 
D = Delay
R = Readied Action

Conditions:
Balik: 89/112
Bubbles: 48/48
Chak: 100/100
Emberwik: 97/111
Hurrit: 95/95
Molly: 87/96
Riddywhipple: 47/47

Enemies:
Terentius:
Red:
Orange:
Yellow:
Green:
Blue:
Pink:


Round to progress: 17 June 2019, 20:00 CDT (UTC-5)

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Emberwik attempts to identify these monsters before deciding the best approach to handling them.

Knowledge Planes; 11 Ranks,Cha(Planar Savant),SF, CS,Boon: 1d20 + 11 + 8 + 6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 8 + 6 + 3 + 2 = 46

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

I am activating Adrenaline Rush and daring myself to hit my shots. I am firing a pink dye arrow at the creature that I think is behind me as my first attack by hitting the back of the bookshelf that he may be near to hit him with the splash. I will follow that with three attacks on the one already covered. I will be adding my dare dice to my third attack, which is my weakest attack. If a 13 on my third attack misses but a 21 hits, I succeed because of my dare.

What? Two of them? I'd bet good money they are trying to flank me...so that means that he is...

Attack 1: 1d20 + 14 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 22

Attack 2: 1d20 + 14 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 5 = 21
Attack 2: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (3, 1) + 12 = 16

Attack 3: 1d20 + 14 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 10 + 1d8 + 1d8 ⇒ (3) + 14 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 10 + (7) + (1) = 21
Attack 3: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (1, 3) + 12 = 16

Attack 4: 1d20 + 14 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 30
Attack 4: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 1) + 12 = 15

"I'm coming around to the 'other side of the door' idea!"

Scarab Sages

M Male LN Ulfen Human Monk (wanderer) 11, Shaman (lore) 3 | HP: 107/112 | AC: 35 (29 tch, 28 Fl) | CMB: +15 (22 trip) CMD: 37 (43 vs trip) | F: +12, R: +15 W: +20 (+2 vs exhaustion/fatigue, +4 vs prone) | Init: +5 | Perc: +23, SM: +26 | Speed 60 | Spells: n/a | Active conditions: snake style

Are we waiting on anyone in particular? It's usually me...

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Just waiting on info on what we are fighting, or if I get any at alll.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Archer 5 / Darechaser 9 | HP 50/96 | AC 25, TAC 16, FFAC 21, 34 CMD | Fort +13, +14 Reflex, +11 Will | +5 Init | 0 Rounds of Adrenaline | Conditions: Detect Evil, Know Direction |

I'm guessing the the cold mistress of Responsibility reasserted its stranglehold on our GM's freetime. Curse you Responsibility! In the meantime the description of the creatures exactly matches the description of an Invisible Stalker, a creature that one of my characters recently bound to himself. If this is correct, a 46 check would let you know everything about it unless it has a crazy amount of templates tossed on it.

Dark Archive

LN Ifrit Oracle(Shadow/Blackened) 12| HP36/111 | AC28 T18 FF23| CMD 21 | Fort 10 Ref 10 Will 11 | Speed 30/60 Flyft | Initiative +8| Buffs: Shield of Darkness
Abilities:
Flying 8/12 Minutes, Shadow Form 10/12 Minutes, Cloak of Darkness 8/12 Hours, Spells: 1st 2/8, 2nd 0/8, 3rd 0/8, 4th 0/8, 5th 0/5, 6th 0/3

Well our GM contacted me and let me know something has come up that is not good. I can't share details without consent, but I am assuming it is what may be holding him up. Patience and well wishes may be most needed at this time.

Speaking hypothetically if it is an invisible stalker, I would assume not much resistance to fire or decent CMD then?

251 to 300 of 819 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Silbeg's Academy of Secrets All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.