Darkened Thresholds - Gemstones

Game Master D_Var_Stars

The Website
Basic Hunter Reference Sheets and Moves
Keeper Reference Sheets
Artifact Table
Clearing


301 to 350 of 658 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 1/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N
Charlotte "Charly" Takahashi wrote:
"Get Jerry to help,"

Jerry has been helping. He inidicates the pile of pine cones, twigs, leaves, and other dead vegetation. He's even found a piece of an egg shell and a stretch of discarded snake skin.

The scar on the ground is inside the circle of light, right? If so, Jerry offers to push it through to Amelia.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 3/5 | Holds:

D'oh! Sorry. That was the player being a idiot.

"Sorry Jerry. Thank you. I'm just... I'm not really in my right mind," she apologizes as she accepts the items.

Okay, here's where I think everyone is.
Charly and Zeke are in the circle of light that surrounds the bare patch of earth.
Amelia, Dovie, and Jerry are outside of that circle.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

A map finely crafted by Amelia's player - now also in the top bar, just imagine it surrounded by trees with a few glowing animals and a bunch of shades. Amelia, the girl, and Zeke are all inside the circle, Jerry is outside, Charly just crossed from outside to inside, though she and everyone else are free to rewrite their last posts based on this information. Also, let me remind everyone that no one should react for any character other than their own and Luck is not a replenishing resource - you are all free to use it as you wish though it's typically used to stop death or similar horrible things, but once it's used, it's really difficult to get back and does not come back in the next story.

Charly, if still intending to cross the circle of light:
Yes, there would 1-harm for the spell glitch and an additional 2-harm for the circle of light. After stepping into the light, Charly's horrible memories quickly shift from her last meeting with her father to incidents with her mother or mother-like figures and she sees many memories that are not her own. Children, some infants, suffering the same and far worse. Some fall, are pushed, or thrown into a gaping hole in the ground. It feels like this goes on for several minutes, dozens upon dozens at speed. A familiar face is seen, the girl at varying ages and states, until how she currently looks is present though her left side is covered in blood. She is teetering on the edge of the hole. The red twisting light is present, hitting at the girl and a few other figures before it turns and knocks Charly into the inner part of the circle. It's obvious only moments have actually passed. A stinging pain remains and Charly has a sense that returning over will be harder and more painful so the patterns she saw on the bare patch will need Jerry's help to make on both sides.

The look on the girl's face is full of uncertainty.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 3/5 | Holds:

Okay, the only adjustments are that she'll guide Jerry through making the patterns and how to set things up and describing the statue to him if she can't see something that fits in circle.

Charly looks about ready to drop as the final preparations are made.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

To clarify: the patterns Charly made were described in the previous post as being on the plinth. Jerry is outside of the circle so cannot reach the plinth, but he is the only person left who can reach the part of the bare patch outside of the circle. The statue Charly saw was on the plinth and where it was, there is a large growing shadow. The patterns Charly saw were not on the plinth.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 3/5 | Holds:

No, that's not what I said. Admittedly what I was imagining in my head was not what you were picturing. I thought that the circle of light was around the bare patch of earth and the Plinth was outside it. The patterns were supposed to be drawn in the dirt. I may not have made that clear, but I never said that they were drawn on or around the plinth. The only mention of the plinth with regards to Charly's drawing was when I said she'd drawn a trefoil celtic knot with the points aimed at the two mirrored patterns and the plinth.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

OK, now we're all clear on what we're doing, let's see what we have:
Amelia is comforting the girl.
Charly and Jerry are making a reflected pattern around the bare patch.
Zeke is acquiring rusty metal.
The purifying magic is focused on the plinth and the bare earth.

That sound right to everyone? Then let's get ready to Kick Some Ass.


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 1/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

Sounds good to me. Jerry will be laying things out and drawing symbols at Charly's direction.


Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5

Zeke keeps wrestling with the iron in the well, feeling more uncomfortable with every passing moment. Upon hearing Charly's voice, he turns to face her and nods with grim determination. Get you out too, if I can.

With nothing else he needs to do just yet, he gives the rusted iron another pull.

Tough: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 2 = 12


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

Some of the shades are tugging at the girl again, her gaze goes between the bare patch and the tall growing shadow on the plinth. She shows no confidence and little interest in what the adults are doing.

Jerry is easily able to find most of the items, including a large fallen branch. Amelia and Charly's choice of items is a lot smaller as there are only two trees that are each half within the circle. The only branch is the one that was seen breaking off earlier, there are a few other items that have fallen to the clearing floor.

Zeke is able to pull the metal free, though the feeling of nausea remains with him. The sound of it coming free gets a few shades and the girl's attention. They looked a bit confused. The girl shakes her head as she stands up and dusts herself off. Talking towards the shades, she says, "I know you want me to stay and play, but I'd rather go before whatever they're doing happens. Any chance you'll give me a hand out?"

The shades keep tugging on her trousers. "Thought not, was worth a try..." she sighs, her gaze turning up towards the sky impatiently.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

"I do not suppose anyone knows what we should attempt now? From what I have seen most of the elements seem to be here." Glancing at the shadow on the plinth, she pulled her sword out once more and flicked it open, this time with a word.

Weird: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 2 = 11

Symbols and lines etched along the blade flared into life with blue fire as her magic poured into the weapon.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 3/5 | Holds:

I'd like to apologize for my last post. I didn't mean to come off as irritated as that makes me seem like I was. I was a little irritated, but more at myself for not being clear in my other posts. Sorry about that.

"Pray this works then," Charly says before drawing in a deep breath.

Big Magic (Charly's summoning a cleansing rainstorm, so +1 for that.): 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5, 6) + 2 + 1 = 14 Okay, uh, can I get that point of Luck back? I didn't realize it was supposed to be spent retroactively. :*
Going to wait to see if this succeeds or not before I give the cool description I have in my head.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

This time, Charly can have Luck back

The girl shrugged at Amelia's question as she still looks at the sky, "Don't ask me, with no more of them coming through and the animals here, this should be gone by now."

Rain starts falling over the plinth and bare patch. The growing shadow doesn't change, but something is happening on the bare patch, the light near it is flickering a familiar deep red...

"That hasn't happened before. It usually only gets red if one of us gets too close, and not that red..." the girl says. The shades watch with concerns, though some are still tugging on the girl.

That is a second success. Charly, you're free to describe the storm as you wish as long as the shadow and light remain as described here. I will clarify the effects this has had after the full description and people get a chance to react, but prepare to Kick Some Ass.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

"That is because you are wise enough to not poke and prod at what clearly wishes neither," Amelia replied in a tired voice, holding the charmed sword ready. Of course, the girl also didn't have the tools to do the poking, which was just as well.

Read a Bad Situation: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 1 = 7 - Are there any dangers here we haven't noticed?


Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5

Having acquired the iron and put it wherever Charly wants, Zeke calmly begins loading shells into his shotgun, the rhythmic shuffle-clink of the ammunition continuing until the weapon is fully loaded. He eyes the red glow and clicks his tongue. The man doesn't know exactly what's about to happen, but he's sure it isn't a tea party.

Read a Bad Situation: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 3) + 1 = 9
What's the best way to protect the victims? The victim in this case being Dovie.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 3/5 | Holds:

Big Magic: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3, 5) + 2 + 1 = 11 +1 for it being storms related.

Thunder rumbles as streams of lightning light the cloud bottoms like rivers of molten silver and blue light. Charly turns to face the glowing red light and her eyes open just a little to reveal the lightning glow in them. The rain falls as mist at first, then as droplets. With each passing breath and heartbeat, the downpour grows more intense and the rumbles turn to echoing cracks of thunder. Charly moves towards the red light, her eyes now open and bright with blue-white fire. She holds her hands above her head and sparks like miniature lightning bolts crackle from them to form the image of a spear with two large feathers hanging from the head. With one final breath, the young woman plunges the spear into the earth right at the ring and a bolt of lightning crashes down from the heavens like the talons of a diving hawk and plunges deep into the ground with a resounding clap of thunder.

Thank you for that bit of grace GM. I'll try to pay more attention to what the rules say and hopefully avoid making an idiot of myself. That said, I have a feeling that Charly's going to need all of her luck and more to survive this fight.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

As Charly plunged the spear into the earth, with the sound of the thunderclap grew an otherworldly vicious growl. The long red light started to take shape, a huge deep red four-legged monstrosity flickered in the light. The look on what could only be described as a monstrous bloodthirsty face somehow both showed clear rage and amusement.

Amelia had the nagging feeling that while this monstrosity was clearly the main threat and issue here, that there were other forces that could become dangerous depending on the actions taken. While the doves that were near the bare patch fluttered away as the storm had appeared, the remaining animals, shades, and the shadow look on from where they are.

Amelia recognized the beast from the visions she had had. It was obvious the girl recognized the beast as well. With how susceptible she had shown herself to be to the forces here, it seemed to Zeke that the best way to prevent further harm to the girl was to, as much as possible, help her avoid getting involved any further. That was going to be a challenge not only because of teen recklessness, but she'd already been possessed by them at least once, the shades near her were certainly not going to leave her alone, and the way her gaze flickered between the beast and the shadow didn't show the typically expected level of fear or even someone waiting like the animals and most of the shades appeared to be doing, but of someone being given and considering options. The shades near her keep tugging at her trouser leg.

The beast seems to be turning to watch you all, but not yet striking. The experienced hunters can see that this whatever invites the violence, but is unlikely to attack first.

Charly, I need to know where you would like Zeke to put the iron piece.


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 1/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

Shotgun loaded and ready, Jerry positions himself so that he's near the circle of light, but far enough away to not get casually swiped by the red-light monster's claws.

D_Var_Stars, earlier you described the red light as "familiar." Where have we seen it before?


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 3/5 | Holds:

Hmmm. Good question. If it's the only thing that doesn't belong, then how about in the center of the pattern that Charly and Jerry drew.

"Something amuses you," Charly asks the monster in a cold cutting voice that crackles with the magical power still arcing around her. More markings have appeared on Charly's skin, though most of them are covered by her clothing.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

It looks similar to the same shade of dark red light that formed after Amelia defeated her light creature, the one that attacked and bloodied the girl on their way into the light circle and attacked Charly on her way through the light circle, though only she saw that bit. Amelia recognizes the light from that and the form from weird-magic-vision.

The smile-sneer of the monstrosity was the only response from the red beast Charly got for her words. The iron piece in the bare patch pattern looks to be giving off a red hot aura.

The girl speaks up, her gaze still flickering between the beast and the shadow, "Your rage. She finds rage funny. Helpless rage particularly, but any rage she sees like someone else telling one of her best jokes...I think she's part of why the circle is still up, she knows how it hurts you and that I can't pass through it, not like others can. She enjoys the rage...and the blood. This can give her both."


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

Amelia looked over, confused. "Why would I be angry with such a creature? It is a base thing, unable to resist it's urge to cause misery. I pity it, and understand it must be put down, but I do not hate it."

She moved towards it, raising her shield and ignoring the barrier. "If you wish my blood then you can try and take it from me, but know each sup shall cost you."


Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5

His gun fully loaded, Zeke paces slightly in the circle, his eyes trained on the red-glowing beast. He does his best to keep between that thing and the girl. She doesn't seem as on edge as everyone else--Sure not as much as she ought to be, he thinks--and that concerns him. The less she's involved, the more likely she gets out alive and well.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 3/5 | Holds:

"She? So she was the one that began this slaughter," Charly asks in a tone that chills the wind and rain from the storm as thunder rumbles ominously overhead.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

The beast took a few steps on the bare patch, her image still flickering in the light. What she was thinking wasn't very clear, but she seemed in no hurry.

The girl approached the well while watching the red beast and the shadow. The shades that had been tugging at her followed, pushing and pulling, a couple climbed and stood on the well. The girl glanced between Amelia and Charly at their comments, not sure at either of the remarks, but seems to be waiting as much as the beast, the glowing deer and doves that are watching on.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 3/5 | Holds:

Charly holds her hand out towards the red-glowing beast, her fingers wide, then closes it in a fist. Her eyes flash just an instant before a bolt of blue-white crashes down with a thunderous crack.

Force of Nature (Flexible Energy Assault - 2 harm, hand or close, lightning, loud): 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 + 1 = 5 Okay, now I'll spend that point of luck to make that a 12 for a 15.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

"Nam animabus pereunt!" Amelia roared, and charged into attack the monster. The runes along her sword glinted as she swung the weapon low, aiming to take out the muscles - if the thing had muscles - in one of its legs.

Kick Some Ass: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 4) + 1 = 7 - 3 Harm, Magic


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 1/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

When the fighting starts, that's pretty much the only time Jerry's understood what's going on since they arrived in the woods. He raises his shotgun and fires.

KSA: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 = 7 <--3 Harm


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

At the attacks, unearthly growls and hissing came from the beast and dark red lights and blood drips down from her onto the bare patch. She sent out a shower of burning hot sparks in retaliation, hitting Jerry and Amelia. 2 harm each

When the sparks started flying, most of the deer and doves went back into the forest. Some of the shades fled through the trees and into the forest beyond. The girl stepped back as the sparks flew, looking to the trees the shades were using to escape before returning her gaze to the red beast with a resigned sigh.


Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5

At the same moment Jerry's shotgun fires, Zeke's joins in, the roar drowning out the big man's grinned words. "Here we go!"

Kick Some Ass: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6) + 2 = 14 Amazing 3-harm, I'll bump it up to 4 and see if I can't...
FINISH HIM: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 3) + 2 = 10 For a total of 8! Zeke may only have one or two tricks, but they're damn good tricks.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

Catching the attack on her shield, turning it's attack aside and replying in kind with own sword. Even she had to wince at the sound as Zeke also counter attacks.

Kick Some Ass: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 1 = 4 - Oh, hey there potential...


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

Zeke's attacks hit powerfully, knocking the beast back a bit once, twice. The shots bringing out a roar of her own with the dropping lights and blood. A large burst of dark red hot sparks go flying, catching Amelia as she attacked.3 harm

The girl looks on, probably as much confusion and being impressed a teen could show in front of adults, "How did you get a shotgun to do that?" she says before she cried out in pain. Small red lights can be seen on her face as the cuts were bleeding again - the blood once again did not fall but went to the circle of light. "Hey, you're only meant to take my blood if I go into the light. I'm nowhere near it and I'm not going..." she shouts, both towards the beast and the shades around her that are tugging and pushing at her.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 3/5 | Holds:

Spending my last hold to ask: Is this thing stealing Dovie's life to sustain its own?


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 1/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

Is this creature on the patch of earth inside or outside the circle of light? If outside, is there room for Jerry to interpose himself between the creature and the circle in the path that the lights are traveling from Dovie?


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

The creature has been pushed back, but is still mostly in the circle of light and Jerry could not get between the two without going through the circle of light. The beast is taking the girl's blood to boost herself through the lights that remain on the girl from the earlier attack. If the beast takes enough it will kill the girl so it could steal her life, though the girl seems more annoyed that, in her eyes, neither the beast or the shades are following the rules that the girl knows.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 3/5 | Holds:

Alrighty. Well, I'm probably about to get Charly killed, but here goes nothing.

Sensing the connection between the girl and the beast and the source of that connection, Charly focuses on the girl and breathes out, slow and steady, as she reaches out for the lights and tries to douse them with the rain still falling and break the connection.

Use Magic (Trying to counter the beast's magic, I dunno if I can add teh +1 for it being storm related. If not, just subtract 1 from the total.): 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4, 6) + 2 + 1 = 13 Woo! That's a success!

"You'll not harm her anymore. We'll remove your taint from this land," she says as she turns her baleful gaze back to the glowing beast.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

The hit knocked the breath from Amelia, but she took it with only a mild grunt. "It takes what it wills because it can. We shall stop it, because we can." She lashed out again at a different leg.

Kick Some Ass: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 1 = 8


Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5

Zeke glances over his shoulder at the girl's cry, and frowns as her cuts open up and the shades crowd around her. He lopes over, making hissing noises and gesturing for the shadow-beings to get away from her--even swiping at them if they don't. Once he's close enough, he grins down at Dovie and tries to help keep her away from the light. "They asked me the same thing in Frisco. You'd be surprised what a shotgun can do, you practice enough."

Protect Someone: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 2 = 10 I think that's what I should roll for this? I'll go with "holding the enemy back" as my result if that makes any sense--trying to get the shades to leave her alone, which Zeke figures should help with the whole blood-taking shenanigans.


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 1/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

I wish I could do more from out here, but the Protect Someone or Help Out moves don't make much sense unless I pass through the circle, and I'd hate to give up any advantage that might come about since we have one person outside the circle.

Moving up as close as he dares, Jerry unloads another shotgun blast at the beast.

KSA: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 = 7 <-- 3 Harm


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

I can see that being frustrating for Jerry, though attacking is also good and gets us closer to this beast being dead which will do a lot of good as well.

At Amelia and Jerry's attacks, the beast lashes out another blast of sparks to both of them 2 harm. She looks a bit tired, blood and red lights dripping off of her many wounds, but she remains standing and there is a foul toxic scent starting to come from her.

Between Charly and Zeke's actions and the weakened beast, the girl's wounds stop bleeding and some of the lights drop from her face. She looks surprised and slightly amused as many of the shades scatter at Zeke's shooing and hissing. A couple of stubborn ones remain - one behind the girl tugging at her leg and another sitting on the far side of the well, both glaring at the big man. The girl steps back, a little impressed but unsure of the gun - it certainly seems like she hasn't seen one like that this close before. Her attention returned to the shades, "Little lost kids..." she says sadly with a sigh before reaching into the well and from somewhere Zeke cannot see, she grabs a rope and starts to pull. One of the shades bounces excitedly while the girl shakes her head, "This isn't what you think...". What looks like an old bucket of dirty water comes to the surface, as it gets closer the girl struggles to hold it steady enough, her left arm and the sore part of her face clearly giving her grief. The shade moves closer, wary of Zeke, and tries to scoop out a bit with a little hand but cannot reach. "I think it needs to be a bit more than that, hopefully, at least she follows the rules.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 3/5 | Holds:

Force of Nature (Flexible Energy Assault - 2 harm, hand or close, lightning, loud): 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) + 2 + 1 = 12 Demi-Goddess of Thunder indeed.

Charly gathers up more energy from the storm as she focuses on the beast. Her lip curls in a snarl of disgust as the foul stench coming from it reaches her nose. Another spear of lightning forms in her hands and more memories flood into her head. Old memories of days spent hunting and fighting. Too tired to discern their meaning and too tired to care, she doesn't question why she knows how to throw a spear and lets muscle memory take over. Another crack resounds through the clearing as the spear slams into the beast and even as the last echoes die, Charly's summoning another spear.

Can't really help with the well since Charly's not even looking that way.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

Dodging the blow again, Amelia smiled slightly. "It is easy to bully children and their spirits, but less so to fight us, is that not so?" She swung again, trying to end the beast.

Kick Some Ass: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 1 = 4


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 1/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

Encouraged that putting holes in the creature made of light seems to be having an effect, Jerry puts more holes in it.

KSA: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 2 = 5

However, he was too focused on dodging the retributive sparks, so his aim is wildly off.


Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5

Noticing Dovie's glance toward the shotgun, Zeke lets it droop a little more, keeping it pointed well away from her. He briefly looks at the shades that remain, but his attention fixates on the rope and bucket the girl produces--from a well that he'd previously thought only held a bit of rusty iron.

"Dovie." He tries to keep his voice quiet, calm, level. All things considered, he does a good job, and barely flinches as the lightning cracks behind him. Let them do their job. "Why is the water important? What are the 'rules'? I need you to tell me, as plainly as you can."

Manipulate Someone: 2d6 - 1 ⇒ (3, 6) - 1 = 8 Whatever she wants, Zeke is willing to do it, because she clearly knows something we don't.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

The beast snarled at Charly's lightning spear, blood and lights dripping, sending out a large blast of hot sparks that caught Jerry and Amelia. 3 harm each

When Zeke says 'Dovie', the girl responds by making a very accurate loud dove call, similar to how she did last time though with more amusement, as her gaze remained on the rope. At Zeke's questions, mixed emotions flicker across her face, particularly uncertainty, "I thought I understood the rules here, the safe paths, the risky paths, and... looking at the beast, "...that path, but I might be no better at that here than out there. If your fr...if the beast is actually killed, then maybe all that can be cleaned away - the lights and the blood are how she works here. I don't know the whatevery-magicy-stuff those two are using or about guns, but...I know a bit about the forest, I think, and I might be able to use the water to help. That's how it is meant to work and used to work... If I'm right...and can this messed up arm to get this ridiculous bucket up high and steady enough to scoop water out." she says with frustration. It's hard to tell whether it's the uncertainty or the frustration that has made her somewhat dodge Zeke's questions.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 3/5 | Holds:

Force of Nature (Flexible Energy Assault - 2 harm, hand or close, lightning, loud): 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 + 1 = 9

As the spear finishes forming, Charly lunges forward and impales the beast with another thunderous crack.

"What's the matter," she taunts it as she steps back and another spear begins to form, "is it too loud for you?"


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

Muttering an especially unladylike curse at her vile luck - and taking another blast to the face - Amelia considered. "No not concern yourself. Strong hands can make light work of a bucket, and if it need be your hands perhaps something can be done to aid your arm."

Again, she slashed with her sword.

Kick Some Ass: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4) + 1 = 10


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 1/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N
Jerry Harris Jr. wrote:
However, he was too focused on dodging the retributive sparks, so his aim is wildly off.
D_Var_Stars wrote:
sending out a large blast of hot sparks that caught Jerry and Amelia. 3 harm each

That seems like a good excuse to use a Luck point to negate that wound.

Jerry ejects his gun's shells, reloads, and pumps the fore-end swiftly before unloading another blast at the creature.

KSA: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

At Amelia's remark, the girl glanced over in confusion before returning to what she had set her mind to do. She managed to get part of the edge of the bucket clipped on the edge of the wall, but not tilt it the right direction for her to grab it and tried not to wince at the loud lightning and gunshot.

Between the flurry of magic, hits, and shots, the creature fell. Blood and dark red lights poured out from her wounds. The circle flickered in places - small gaps appeared in the light. Enough for a couple doves to fly through unharmed, though they still avoided where the monstrosity lay on the now blood-and-light-covered patch.

On the plinth, the large shadow remained, an odd tall shape that seemed to have stopped growing.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 3/5 | Holds:

The rain falls steadily now. The gentle hiss drops hitting the ground filled the quiet and the only signs of the storm from before are the distant rumblings of thunder and the occasional flash of lightning above. Charly stands as she had been before the final blow, one hand held high and clenched as if holding a spear. The last flickers of blue-white flow from her hand, and with them the baleful glow in her eyes fades as well.

Her arms fall limp at her sides and stumbles as she turns around to check on the others. She takes a few steps before her knees buckle and she splashes into the mud. Dark blood mixes with the rainwater soaking her through and stains the ground even more darkly. Anyon close can see her her eyes are blue-grey and her skin is the color of someone losing a lot of blood, but still alive. Her glamour is working for the moment.

"I... I think I overdid it," she says quietly before passing out.

Got one harm to go before bad things happen to Charly. Anyone mind helping out with First Aid?


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

If you can wait a moment, Amelia will help. But I think we still need to finish a bit off.

Spitting into the falling rain, Amelia winced as Charlie fell, but her eyes were drawn to the struggling girl and the shadow on the plinth. Vampires were meant to be tough creatures, were they not? Hopefully the woman could wait. She was fairly certain that the girl could not.

Limping over, Amelia said slowly, "I cannot begin to pretend to understand all that is happening, nor what the water is for, nor the shadow. But I trust that you do understand, even if you do not comprehend. I cannot promise this will fix things permanently, but I believe I can strengthen your arm." Reaching out a hand questioning, Amelia waited for the girl to give her blessing before she reached out and attempted to repair the wounded shoulder.

Use Magic (Repair shoulder): 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3) + 2 = 11

301 to 350 of 658 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Darkened Thresholds - Gemstones All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.