Darkened Thresholds - Gemstones

Game Master D_Var_Stars

The Website
Basic Hunter Reference Sheets and Moves
Keeper Reference Sheets
Artifact Table
Clearing


201 to 250 of 650 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 2/5 | Holds:

GM:

Use Magic, going to try to communicate telepathically with the girl.

Inspired by an anime she'd seen a long time ago, Charly concentrates once more that core of magic and tries to establish a telepathic link with the girl.

Use Magic: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9 Trying to do something beyond mortal ken again, and let's go with Problematic Side Effects for the glitch. Maybe the glowy spectres of doom can now take control of Charly. That'd be fun.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

"We either need to move, or engage with these things, and to choose soon," Amelia said, then sighed as Charly suddenly vanished. That girl was head strong and willful and determined, all wonderful traits with a dash of caution thrown in. Sadly her current nature - and her own existential horror at it - seemed to have made the girl reckless.


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 1/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N
Amelia Oliver wrote:
"We either need to move, or engage with these things, and to choose soon,"

Jerry looks around at the others, assessing, and seems to make a decision based on what he sees.

He raises his shotgun at the two adults and hound and hollers, "You need to stop right there!"

Investigate a Mystery: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4) + 1 = 11
1) What specifically are these glowing creatures?
2) What can hurt it?


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

Charly:
Charly is able to send a telepathic message, but has also taken on the same glow as the two adults and dog. Most of the shades nearby scatter in panic. Charly can feel something is off, her mind feels a bit foggy, but nothing else odd has happened yet.

Jerry:
With his experience and the shades he's come across here in the forest, Jerry suspects these are another type of human apparition - a type that relives and/or continues an action they had in life, sometimes violent ones. Their interaction with the environment is very different from the little shades, unlike the silent scurrying, Jerry can hear their footsteps and see the glowing figures moving branches out of their way. They could likely be disbursed by typical means of harm, though making that permanent is unlikely with what is currently at hand.

As Jerry shouts, the glowing person with the gun raises their own gun. The dog moves in front, growling. The one with the knife and bundle nods and continues on.

A third glowing person, with the same type of light, suddenly appears like a beacon several meters in the direction the girl was going last time she was seen. It's hard to make out any features with the light and foliage around.


Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5

Zeke's already on edge about the figures by the time Jerry calls out. His instincts are screaming that they're trouble, even if not a direct threat in the moment. Part of him really wants to know what the bundle is--and most of him knows he probably won't like finding out. So when Jerry cries for the creatures to stop, and the one with the knife doesn't, and the one with the gun raises it, Zeke calmly aims his shotgun and pulls the trigger. And here I considered leaving you behind.

Kick Some Ass!: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 2) + 2 = 10 Shooting at the figure with the gun. With the 10+, I'd like to give +1 forward to Jerry. And because I'm (presumably) inflicting 3-harm with my shotgun, I get to roll to...
FINISH HIM!: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 2 = 10 Doubles the harm, for a total of 6.

The sudden roar is deafening compared to the prior quiet, and brings a pleasantly familiar ring in Zeke's ears.


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 1/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

Jerry's shotgun blast is a twin to Zeke's, as he aims at the glowing figure with a gun before pulling the trigger.

Kick Some Ass: 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 2 + 1 = 8

Zeke, why did you roll a second time?


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

Zeke has a special ability when inflicting 3+ harm

The glowing figure with the gun manages to get off one shot before bursting spectacularly into a flurry of red and yellow lights carried on the breeze. After the adrenaline rush starts to fade, Zeke starts to feel a burning pain in one shoulder. No sign of blood or a hole, but red glowing smudge is visible on him. The glowing dog and the other start running - not towards anyone but further into the forest in the direction of the other glowing figure.

Zeke - one harm

Charly:
As the guns go off, Charly can see the girl full out sprinting in the trees above - she is moving like and alongside the shades which are going with her in the dozens. Charly hears ringing loudly through her telepathic connection "OPEN THE DOOR". That voice does not sound like the girl at all, but the voice of an older woman. There is now a glowing person with a knife and and a glowing dog running at Charly...and a space opens in the trees behind as the girl runs overhead over the overhanging branches.


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 1/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N
D_Var_Stars wrote:
Zeke has a special ability when inflicting 3+ harm

What a hard case.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

Amelia winced at the gunshot. That wasn't the answer she had been looking for, and wasn't sure continuing fighting was a good idea. Instead, she pulled out her sword - a foot and a half long length of wood that, with a flick, revealed a curved blade of equal length.

With a gesture she drew a line in front of the light beings, hoping that her spell would block them off and allow them to fall back or defeat the monsters easier. "Charly! Your presence is required!"

Weird: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 = 6

The line crackled for a moment before dissolving. "Bugger!"


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 2/5 | Holds:

GM:

The kids... Is there a way to... to... help?

Charly reels and her thoughts feel sluggish as she tries to find out how help the children she'd heard. She shakes her head, trying to clear it and get her mind working again. She sees the girl sprinting through the boughs and wonders if the figures are hunting her.

The command to open the door rings loudly enough to make her head throb. The compulsion to obey is strong and before Charly realizes what she's doing, she reaches out for the space, grasping for a handle.

Why... Why do you... do you want me... to... open the door?


Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5
Jerry Harris Jr. wrote:
D_Var_Stars wrote:
Zeke has a special ability when inflicting 3+ harm
What a hard case.

That's what they call me.

Zeke doesn't spend any time celebrating the little victory over the gun-toting figure--the other one and the dog are already on the move. "Get after them!" he shouts, sprinting in their direction. As he runs, he switches the shotgun to his off hand and draws the big knife from his thigh, preparing to get in close.

Not sure if it's appropriate to just say I'm acting again, so let me know.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

Charly:
There is no handle, only branches that - unlike before when they were like heavy stone - now easily move aside at Charly's touch. Charly can see a path through the trees and a bright light source somewhere beyond. She can see to her side that the glowing deer are passing through the dense foliage towards the path. She can hear the dog and running person behind her.

You're fine to keep acting, Monster of the Week doesn't really have initiative order or anything like that which is a bit weird for me too. You act and I'll add to the story based on it.

The crack of Amelia's magic creates sparks that float away, the glowing figures seem to move faster at the sound.

As people chase after the glowing dog and figure through the forest, the deer to the side start flickering out one by one through some trees ahead -- and there seems to be an odd looking path with what looks like a source of light near the other glowing person.

Dot:
Dot remembers one of the boys in the hospital discussing Abeni having seen and followed deer through the forest.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

Well, if it was the path that had been sealed then the fact that it was now unsealed and was probably not the best sign - but forcing it open might not have been wise either. For now, it was likely a way to the source of...whatever was happening. Figures of light and dark, replaying something?

"A path opens. It may be unwise to follow, but it will probably be exciting. And perhaps we shall find our wayward lady." Keeping one eye on the glowing figures, Amerlia moved towards the open path.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 2/5 | Holds:

GM:

Still under the influence of whatever it was that had commanded her to open the door, Charly follows the path.

Can... can you tell me what lays beyond? Why the children are crying? Her questions continue even as she obeys.

Sorry. Not sure what's going to happen next, so that's about it.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

The glowing figure with the knife and the dog flicker through the foliage out of sight.

As the group gets closer to the other glowing person heading through the path, it becomes obvious that other glowing person is Charly.

Going through the path, the group ends up in a space that feels very different from where they were moments ago. It's both charged and still, like someone holding their breath. The space is surrounded by dense ring on plants and darkness. Several tall thick old trees and large bushes are dotted about the space.

A bright white ring of light goes around two trees on either side of a well. A few meters away, between the weel and one of the trees, is a wide flat plinth. Rather than a statue, there is a backpack, a sleeping bag spread out like a blanket, and a few other items sitting on the plinth.

The glowing figure with the knife and dog stand between where everyone comes out of the path and bright glowing circle. The dog turns, growling while watching those coming out of the path. In front of the pair is an odd sight in this lush green space, a large bare patch - half in the light, half in the darkness beyond - that has not a single plant growing on it.

Once through the path, the girl's voice comes out of the darkness in a shaky urgent whisper, "Get away from her or pass through the light! It'll hurt like hell for a bit, but they can't pass through..." As the girl speaks, the glowing figures waves her knife in the girl's general direction, the tree next to the plinth. The girl looks enraged as she covers her ears and turns her eyes away from the light.

The glowing figure starts doing something with the bare patch that makes the crying louder.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 2/5 | Holds:

Charly, acting more on her need to help than any conscious thought rushes at the glowing woman through the patch.

"Stop! What are you doing? Can't you hear them crying?"


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

Looking at the strange patch of ground, and wondering what was going on, Amelia took a breath to brace herself and followed the girls instruction to pass through the light. She was no stranger to pain.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

The glowing dog snaps at Charly as she approached. The glowing woman turns from where she is knelt next to the wide patch, "I'll shut it up soon enough." she sneers before turning back, "I brought this wretch into this world..."

Amelia:
The pain is blinding for a few moments - burning, crushing - memories come to the surface and play through Amelia's mind. Some are hers - memories of judgements from her mother - but soon she sees other's painful memories, so many children going through the same and worse, some falling and some being pushed into a large growing hole, each one feels like an arrow to the heart. It feels like this goes on for several minutes, dozens upon dozens of children - some infants, until Amelia sees the girl, teetered at the hole's edge, battered and bruised at various ages until one that looks near her current age with her left side soaked in blood shows itself... Amelia then steps through into the clearing. Once through the images quickly fade though the ache from the burning pain remains 1 harm. This side is easier to see now - the darkness seems softer here. Amelia can see the girl in the tree, hear her purposeful slow breathing and see her shaking as she keeps her hands over her ears, eyes tightly closed and turned away from the glowing woman on the other side of the bright circle. From what Amelia can tell, while it felt much longer, she was only in the light for a few moments.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

Amelia shuddered as finished entering the light, staggering at the pain the bitter memories had left behind. She suspected that the images she had seen would haunt her for a long time. But at least she knew more about was happening.

"That is a memory," she said, looking at the glowing woman and the dog. "This is all memories, forgotten moments harvested by this place or something within it." Amelia shuddered. The number of shadows was...madness. Was it this place, or these people, that had caused such misery? And why was it remembering?


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 2/5 | Holds:

Going to wait to see what the golden glowing woman says before Charly acts.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

I believe she did, and that's the one talking in the post above.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 2/5 | Holds:

I meant to what Amelia said. I'm not sure what to do here, and I'm hoping that Amelia will prompt a bit more of an explanation.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

The glowing woman barely gives a moment to glare at Amelia before returning her attention to crying patch that the bundle she was carrying is now resting on. She appears to be digging a hole with her hands though no hole is appearing in the ground. The dog growls at those still on this side of the circle of light, paying Amelia no attention.

The girl gave a noise of annoyed disagreement to what Amelia had said as she continued to hide away from the glowing woman's actions.


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 1/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

"Unless it's very apparent to somebody what to do here, I think it's going to be best to take care of these 'memories' like we did the one with the gun and then investigate the area." Jerry reloads his shotgun.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 2/5 | Holds:

"ENOUGH!" Charly bellows, the sound too loud to have come from her frame. She looks at the woman with eyes alight with blue-white fire as sparks of lightning travel down her arms. Her glamour is gone, but her skin isn't deathly pale like before. This time her skin is the color of the bottom of thunderheads.

"Tell me exactly what is going on here, or I will smite you," she says, her voice rumbling like a coming storm.

Manipulate Someone: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5 Well, that's 1 XP. I'm assuming that she's not going to talk, so...

When the glowing woman fails to comply, Charly holds a hand out and growls as she closes it.

Supernatural Attack (+weird and Storm related?): 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 + 1 = 9 Does 2 harm and is loud as a bolt of lightning strikes the woman, assuming that I'm doing this right, which I have a feeling that I'm not.

Rules Question:

I'm trying to use my Force of Nature move which gives me a supernatural attack. In this case a bolt of lightning that does 2-harm from hand to far range and is loud. I picked weird because it makes sense, but I think it might be tough, which is a -1 and means that Charly just got enough XP to advance since it fails. I included the +1 from Her inhuman talent since this is a magic (supposedly) attack that is definitely storm related.

But as I said, I have a feeling that I did this wrong and just kicked off a fight.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

As a magic attack, weird can be used.

At Charly's shouting, the dog barks loudly in return and at the thunderbolt leaps out to attack Charly 1 harm.

Some of the glow from the woman shines brighter, but she continues what she is doing. Whisps of glowing lights start to appear and come together, first near Charly and then the others. Much slower are the ones starting to form and take shape near Amelia inside the circle of light.

At the unexpected loud sound of the lightning strike, many of the shades and the girl are startled. The shades become very agitated - scared and upset and angry and panic. The girl watches the whisps forming near Amelia with wide-eyed panic as she jumps down from the tree onto the plinth and starts packing away the items in the backpack while she angrily rants in a scared shaking voice, "How can you ~smite~ a spirit? She told you what she was doing - have you never heard anyone say 'I brought you into this world and I can take you out of it?'?!? That's what she did, many many years ago. She had, killed, and buried an unwanted baby. Once she's done, she disappears - unless...now I've no idea, the lights have never been in here before... this space is one of the places where the forest keeps us safe when they come." She folds and rolls up the sleeping bag, glancing up now and then at the lights near Amelia continue to grow. The girl looks both scared and somewhat resigned.

All the light whisps seem to be forming into adult human looking forms. There is one forming near each adult.


Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5

Running into this new clearing, events were unfolding in ways Zeke didn't expect or understand. He looks from one figure to the next, knife in hand, waiting for a good moment to act. Jerry has the right idea, he feels, but the woman figure is apparently killing a baby, and even if it's just a memory or vision or something, he doesn't want to risk that.

And then Charly lets out a burst of... something, and in that moment Zeke leaps forward. As the hound charges her, he charges the dog, slamming into its side.

Protect Someone: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 5) + 2 = 8

Zeke grunts as the dog snaps and claws at him, but he knocks it away from the others. "Now! Shoot her!" he shouts, trying to deal with his own danger as well.

Kick Some Ass: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 2 = 12 Let's inflict extra harm to make it 3 so I can...
Finish Him: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 5) + 2 = 13 Total 6, ignores armor


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 1/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

Jerry lines up his shotgun's sight on the woman and fires.

Kick Some Ass: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6

...but the chaos of everything happening at one time causes his shot to miss.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

Looking up at the girl, and the fact she was freaking out at this new development of glowing humanoids, Amelia tried to work out how to calm and protect her. "I know you do not like this, but without change these things will continue. Do not fear - the defeat of spirits, the slaying of monsters, the return of that which does not belong in this world to realms hence. That is our task, in my case given to me by the hand of the Crown Princess Victoria. We can help."

Protect Someone: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 4) + 1 = 7 - I successfully defend the girl, but take some or all of the harm in her place.

Investigate a Mystery: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 1 = 5


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

With Zeke defending Charly, the dog's teeth sink into his leg - though they feel more burning than piercing before it skitters back for a moment barking. So now Zeke takes that 1 harm instead of Charly

As the two men fire shots at the glowing woman, she - like the other - bursts into flecks of light though instead of floating away, they connect with the three glowing figures next to Charly, Jerry, and Zeke. They're getting a bit uncomfortably close.

The girl winces at the gunshots as she finishes putting things away. Putting the backpack with the sleeping bag rolled up attached to it on her back, she sits on the plinth and says in a quiet defeatist tone, "Adult "help" has never done me any good, your whatevers seem more reckless and a danger to me than the ghosts. As long as I'm quiet and out the way, the ghosts don't bother me, I just hate seeing what they do anymore. I don't get how them shooting and whatever that was before...I don't get how that helps find anything, and whatever 'change' brings that in here is upsetting the little ones. I hope we don't have to pay for your 'change' and mistakes, they were never coming for you anyways." Amelia notices that the shades now seem far more physically there than they had before, some seem to be hiding behind the girl, one crawls up along the plinth and hides their face in the girl's left side.

To clarify the situation, there are now 5 glowing figures - one bearing down on each of you - and a dog, though the one near Amelia isn't fully formed yet or getting close just yet. Amelia, I'll let you either use or re-do the protect someone since I wasn't clear that it wasn't threatening you two yet and for that investigation miss, Amelia, you will need to show or name verbally something you're concealing in your next post.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

re-clarifying after missing a bit, the dog isn't there anymore, it will have exploded into lights that join the light nearest Zeke shortly after biting Zeke -- so Zeke still gets bit but there is now only the five glowing figures, a ton of shades, a ring of weird light, and a girl no longer in a tree.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

Amelia smiled slightly. "Alas, it is my fate to face danger that I need not, and pay the price. Whatever has happened here has gone too long, and must end. Allow me...understanding on how to end this." She said the last one mostly to herself, as she tried to focus her powers into the area around them. She focused her powers to try and understand what had happened to make the place this way...and how to end it.

Weird: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 1) + 2 = 8


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 2/5 | Holds:

Charly eyes the figure next her with suspicion and resists the urge to reach out and fry it. She closes her eyes and takes in a deep, calming breath. When her eyes open, her glamour returns, masking her true face.

"Just trying to help," she mumbles as she tries to figure out what's going on.

Spending a hold from earlier to ask "What’s the best way to protect the victims?"


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

As Amelia uses magic to gain understanding, the figure near hers starts growing faster. The girl is edging back, holding onto one of the shades as she does so, her gaze going between the glowing figure in fear, the white circle of light around this area with confusion, and the clear dark sky above expectantly. "We can't leave yet...come on...come on..."

Amelia:
In her mind's eye, Amelia sees almost a rewind of history, from the most recent events where people from Carollburg go through the woods, back to previous ones. Amelia can see a pattern, almost a ritual being performed each time kids get lost near here.

After more than a few in quick succession, Amelia sees a different ritual performed in this space by large cloaked figures and whispy figures of light, over where the bare patch is, but instead there is a gaping hole with some sort of monstrosity in it, it's sound seem to pull blood and shadows into it. The well - already looking old in these images long past - and the plinth are visible and on the plinth appears to be a tall statue, a woman seated in prayer looking to the sky and unlit candles around her.

The figures attack, kill, then cover monstrosity with dirt and as they do a great earthquake happens and the statue breaks with a massive force that pushes all the lights and figures out of what is now in the circle of light, and the shadows onto the plinth and tree. One figure manages to stay upright enough to continues their ritual, drawing the monstrosity's blood to the surface and spreads over what is now the bare patch, making the earth shake even more.

Why they did this ritual is unclear to Amelia, but the effect is shown to her as the memories go back forward again - within the area this forest stood at the time, those with the same bloodlust and hatred towards her own as the she-monster had are drawn in over and over, in life and in death, to abandon or kill their own and any other similarly unwanted and hated children. Some power from this forest has been trying to hold it and more back though it's strength to do so wavers with many of the items taken and left here by people. Any children whose blood has been spilt by their mothers are offered sanctuary in the shadows of this forest's trees. The shades are not really stuck unlike the bloodlusting ones that plague them, it's possible this would be an afterlife option for more, but this forest keeps it to these children, the forces wanting to give them peace and love and happiness many of them never knew in life.

In the last of those memories, Amelia sees a saddeningly few bloodied children who managed to get into the circle alive, safe, and find something in the well that puts them at ease, and that other well and loved children are at times kept safe here from what lurks in the forest, but they seem to be grossed out by the well and taking anything from it makes them ill. Lastly, she sees a group of teens following glowing deer in before the ring of light appears and the girl appears to do her best to keep them from the well before resigning to sitting away from the others on a plinth and waiting. Some listened, and some did not and became ill, the light didn't go away until the last ill one could stand again. As the memories fade with this new understanding, Amelia notices the girl looks much as she did then and that she and the shades are sitting as that statue and unlit candles were

- and a glowing figure is bearing down on Amelia quickly.

Charly, please specify who Charly is seeing as the victim(s) that she needs to protect. There are a few options for that which will change how that's answered.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 2/5 | Holds:

Charly considers the girl and the shades the victims.


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 1/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

Not taking the time to reload his shotgun, Jerry drops it and draws his nightstick. Any emotions his face might betray is concealed by a mask of concentration as his eyes dart back and forth to each of the five glowing figures and his allies. When the figure heading towards him is in range, he swings, aiming for its head.

Kick Some Ass: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 = 5


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

Most of the shades that can be seen are either in the circle or are heading into the circle and trying to keep away for the the light figures, though some are daring to do so to stay close to the girl. While none of the light figures are paying much attention to the shades at the moment, the shades - and the girl - are terrified of them and what they think they can do. Dealing with the light figures and preventing their return seems to be the best way to put them at ease.

As Jerry swung at the light figure, it mirrored his mannerisms and dodged before hitting Jerry in the side, burning pain cuts through him and memories of judgement rush to the surface of Jerry's mind. As the figure pulls back for another swing, some of the glow remains on Jerry's shirt where he had been hit. 2 harm


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

As Amelia began to understand what was happening, she realised her allies need to know. The well seemed to be a key to this place, and these things, bur right now she had other issues. Namely the glowing figure. Her sword glinted in the surrounding light for a moment before lashing out.

Kick Some Ass: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1) + 1 = 7 - Sparkly takes three damage.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 2/5 | Holds:

A) Is this place open to the sky?
B) What would it take to summon a rain storm to cleanse the area using Big Magic?
Charly's not going to be doing the ritual just yet, though.

Charly feels the girl's fear and she looks at her with an expression of sympathy.

"Sorry for messing this up so badly. We'll fix it," Charly says before reaching out to the figure next to her and giving him/her a jolt.

Force of Nature: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7 Sparky McSparkpants takes 2-harm


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

With the appearance of the light figures, the girl keeps looking between them, the ring of light, and up to the clear dark night sky. She isn't attempting to fight, but does appear to be putting herself between the shades and the light figure.

The light figures stumble slightly as Amelia and Charly attack them, parts of them now glowing brighter, redder. Both shove back with what feels like burning, racking claws doing down the arms, leaving behind a trail of lights as they do so and painful memories of judgement and rage come sharply to the surface of Amelia and Charly's minds. 2 harm

Charly - Purifying Rain Storm Big Magic:
The trees here are sparser so there is plenty of open clear night sky that can be seen. Without resources to research, a purifying rain storm will likely take a bit of trial and failures to get right, elements of the forest will need to be involved, and these elements need to be in the right locations. There are already easily seen broken branches and twigs and similar around.


Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5

Having dealt with the dog, Zeke sees another figure coming toward him, absorbing other flecks of light. He rolls to the side and comes up swinging, his shotgun a little too long in the barrel for these close quarters. Of all the things I figured I'd be doing today...

Kick Some Ass: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8 2-harm, ignores armor


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

Amelia took the ligh figure's attack on her shield, deflecting the harm, and lashed out again as the flash of painful memories - screaming at her mother - faded away once more.

Kick Some Ass: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 1 = 8


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 1/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

I know that this system doesn't refer to rounds, but I have to imagine that if we were face-to-face, we would usually all go around the table before anyone takes a second action. That said, plug in my below attack wherever it fits the best.

D_Var_Stars wrote:
As Jerry swung at the light figure, it mirrored his mannerisms and dodged before hitting Jerry in the side, burning pain cuts through him and memories of judgement rush to the surface of Jerry's mind. As the figure pulls back for another swing, some of the glow remains on Jerry's shirt where he had been hit. 2 harm

Memories of the days after Shag Lee's murder surface in Jerry's mind. The constant self-recriminations of not having done more. The pain and shame of having to lie about the situation because he couldn't tell anybody about Shag Lee and also that nobody would believe him about the murder.

But he's never far from reliving these feelings, and just like every time, they reinforce his penance and what he needs to do. And right here and now, his penance demands that what he needs to do is drive his nightstick right through this f+@~er's head.

KSA: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 2) + 2 = 10 <--Inflicting terrible harm for 4 harm total.


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 2/5 | Holds:

Using a point of luck to reduce that to 0-harm
Force of Nature: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 = 6 That's XP. So it fails and there's a complication, right?

Charly shakes off the feelings, letting herself feel the flow of the storm that was brewing inside her. She feels the rising tension as her hand begins to give off blue sparks of lightning. She turns to give the glowing man another jolt, but...


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

Not sure why Zeke wouldn't expect to fight bloodthirsty beings of light in a forest sanctuary, totally happens all the time...

The figure in front of Zeke gets knocked back by the close range shot, parts in what would be their chest glowing brighter, before it sent out a small blast of their own back. It burns much as the shot before, leaving light going down Zeke's front, painful memories of rage and judgement coming to mind. 2 harm

Jerry knocks his light attacker back farther with that forceful swing. Whisps were starting to fall away, but it was still standing, shakily.

Amelia's strike struck well, whisps starting to drop away. It struck back with remnants of rage behind their swing, seeming to be trying to push Amelia back towards the plinth and the circle of light near it. 2 harm Bit difficult for Amelia to notice, but the girl flinches in reaction to the screaming.

Sparks do come out of Charly's hand, but they fall to the ground and some of the light of them seems to be taken in by the creature before it strikes back out at Charly. 2-harm


Female Vampire/Demigoddess Luck: 5/7 | Harm: 3/7| XP: 2/5 | Holds:

Charly stumbles back a few steps after the being she is fighting slugs her in the belly. Before she can go too far, it grabs her injured arm and light flares as her wounds open up again.

Enraged, hurt, and more than a little out of her mind, she snarls and grabs the thing's face before pumping as much energy into him as she could.

Force of Nature (+1 because it's lightning and that's related to storms per her Inhuman Talent): 2d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6, 6) + 2 + 1 = 15 FINALLY! I finally get a good roll on a d6!

Being normally takes 2 harm, but is it possible to up the damage due to the double 6's?


Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5

Zeke grins as his knife slashes into the figure's chest, driving them back. Then the blast of light hits him, not so much searing his body in pain as wracking his mind. Behind the spots of light in his eyes, he sees a shattered window, glass and blood on the carpet, the frightened eyes of a child staring at him from the other room. The mix of shattered innocence and shocked anger in that look.

He shakes his head and grunts, fighting past the unwanted memory. Flipping the knife in his hand, he thrusts out with his free palm in a feint and then drives the blade like an ice pick into the figure's shoulder, wrenching down the torso with all his might.

Kick Some Ass: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 2 = 10 Add 1 harm to make it 3, so we can try and
Finish Him!: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 2) + 2 = 10 Doubles the total to 6-harm. Zeke's a mean, lean, killing machine.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 0/5 |

The blow was once again expertly deflected, and Amelia replied to the creature, "Neither parents nor country nor God has ever moved me, nor shall you." She swung once again, planting her feet.

Kick Some Ass: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 1 = 6 - Awww...guess I'm not blocking this one.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

With Zeke's enraged attack, the light figure in front of him bursts into red and yellow lights that fade and scatter away. One down...

Charly's ferocious attack sends her light figure stumbling back, whisps starting to fall away as it was stunned for a moment.

The light figure in front of Amelia has a few whispy holes in them, but it manages to dodge that swing before it punches back, continung to try to push Amelia back. 2 harm Even with the punch, Amelia notices that as Zeke's finishes his light figure, the shades and general darkness within the circle react.


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 1/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N
D_Var_Stars wrote:
Jerry knocks his light attacker back farther with that forceful swing. Whisps were starting to fall away, but it was still standing, shakily.

His opponent nearly down, Jerry presses his attack. He needed to put this one down so he could help the others.

KSA: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3) + 2 = 11 <--Inflicting terrible harm for 4 harm total.

201 to 250 of 650 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Darkened Thresholds - Gemstones All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.