Darkened Thresholds - Gemstones

Game Master D_Var_Stars

The Website
Basic Hunter Reference Sheets and Moves
Keeper Reference Sheets
Artifact Table
Clearing


401 to 450 of 711 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5

Well, with that Zeke can purchase something. I'm going to grab Inspired Guesswork so Zeke has some skills outside of just killin' stuff real good.

The big man stares the barista in the face for a few seconds before rolling his eyes and taking his change back, leaving only spare coins as a tip. He mutters a few choice words under his breath and folds his arms to wait for his coffee, giving Amelia a sideways glance and a shrug. Well, I tried.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 4/5 |

Amelia shrugged. Her friends and allies seemed to tend towards the gruff. She was, herself, rather less...ladylike that her mother would have prefered. It only took one suitor requiring an ice pack for his...pride after getting too handsy before people stopped, but it also reduced one's dance card at most balls. Which was perfectly fine by her, but...

Knowing that she wasn't the most social of people, she tried anyway to get more information.

"We had heard that an old village had been revealed by the waters receding and that it was quite fascinating to see. Would you be able to tell us anything of it?"

Charm: 2d6 - 1 ⇒ (1, 6) - 1 = 6

It suddenly occurs to me that all of us having -1 to Charm may have some issues...


Charm -1 Cool +1 Sharp 0 Tough +2 Weird +1 Harm ●○○|○○○○ Unstable ○

With Jerry's player busy, I'm going to say that he stops at the coffee shop to meet the others.

Jessica takes a deep breath when she enters the coffee house. She had loved these places when she was a simple high school student. She'd got a large, overpriced, over-sugared caffeinated beverage and sip it as leisure while studying for her latest AP test or tap away at her phone.

Now, the only things she gets to enjoy are the aromas of roasted beans and the ambiance. Except, there was something strange going on in town, so she jams her hands in the pocket of her hoodie and lingers near the baristas, waiting for someone to take an interest in her.

"Hey. Weird stuff going on in town, huh?" she says to the scrawny youth making expensive lattes. "Know anyone who's been to the ruins?"

Charm: 2d6 - 1 ⇒ (2, 4) - 1 = 5

You might be right


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

The dice deities are not feeling going with chattiness at the moment, but at least more Experience is going your way...

The scrawny youth glanced over the clock, clearly counting the seconds until their shift is over, responding with "I think the papers have something about it..." with a half nod over to a small pile that have been left behind on one table while finishing handing over the order and going back to cleaning mugs.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 4/5 |

Looking at the new lady who had spoken up, and nodding with a smile to Jerry, Amelia picked up a paper and began to peruse. Hopefully, it has more information than the radio did.


Charm -1 Cool +1 Sharp 0 Tough +2 Weird +1 Harm ●○○|○○○○ Unstable ○

Jessica made a move toward the newspaper but it was snatched up by another customer. She stops short and stuffs her hands in her pockets, fervently wishing for a phone. She could look it up probably faster than find the articles in the paper.

She turns back to Jerry. "Got a phone I could borrow, Sum-- I mean, Jerry?"


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

As Amelia looked through a paper, she found an informative article with photos. It showed the before and after of the river bed. The after photo, which was of more interest, showed the once deep river up to what Amelia would imagine being not even knee-deep against what looked to her as some fallen apart chapel or large folly.

There was also an opinion piece further back on some of the social media buzz, including some of the rumours and mentions in some sort of odd code of letters and tiny pictures, including aubergines for reasons unknown to the time traveler.

There is a pile of neatened folded papers and magazines on a shelf near where the card players are. They get louder for a moment as it seems another round comes to an end before the cards are gathered up again and discussion continues.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 4/5 |

Amelia moved over to the stack of papers to see if there was anything else she might learn from those - and perhaps to overhear a little more from the card players.

Investigate a Mystery: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 1 = 7


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 2/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N
Jessica Andrews-Androleteira wrote:
She turns back to Jerry. "Got a phone I could borrow, Sum-- I mean, Jerry?"

Jerry hands her his phone. He takes it back, unlocks the password, and hands it back to her. He takes the phone back, closes his open browser pages, and then hands the phone back to her.


Charm -1 Cool +1 Sharp 0 Tough +2 Weird +1 Harm ●○○|○○○○ Unstable ○

Jessica gives Jerry a look without expression. If there was something he was doing that sparked her need for vengeance, she'd feel it. At least, she thought so. Maybe his status as her summoner changed the rules. She shakes her head and decides not to think on that too much.

She opens a fresh browser and starts looking up information on the discovery, scrolling through the pages that her search produces.

Investigate: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

Oof. Google-fu is weak.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

Jerry, that was great, I laughed picturing that.

Jessica's first attempt at a search didn't really turn up anything she could see was relevant. Nature photos and old stories of when Aboite was first built as it is now. Maybe it was her summoner's behaviour or just being a bit rusty.

The card players' conversation meandered a bit between people confirming work schedules and the next time they could meet and things they had seen online, until an odd whistle came from one of their devices. A young woman's smile beamed and that caught the other players' attention more than the odd whistle, "Looks like my girl found that nightvision stuff - a few pairs of goggles and a high-quality camera. She starts obviously paraphrasing from a message on her screen, "She can't go due to work and common sense, but she'll let ya borrow them - if you can come up with something interesting she can hold onto if you break them." There were a few groans around the table which just makes the young woman shrug. "You're the ones that want to go check out that cursed temple before whoever gets involved. You can try the guys at the tech shop, but they won't be as nice as Rhoda for this kind of equipment. I think she's right and you lot are bonkers, but then - I don't have the looks for horror movie sets." she finishes as she points to her small afro before returning to flicking through her phone while one man shuffles cards and the others debate what could be interesting enough for Rhoda.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 4/5 |

Amelia considered these words - and the fact she had no idea what half the words meant - and moved back to the others. "Apparently there is a need for something known as 'night vision'. Would I be wrong in believing that this allows one to see in darkness?"


Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5

"You would. But it's not the sort of thing regular folks have access to, usually." Zeke rubs his chin and looks at the others. He's not sure who exactly the woman with Jerry is, but he hasn't asked--if the man trusts her, she's worth trusting, at least for now.

"Might not be a bad idea to find out who's got the stuff, and if we can get it ourselves."


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 2/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

Sorry. Back from vacation tomorrow. Can only post from my phone. Will write up an awkward introduction Jessica when I get back (or the day after).


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 2/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

As the conversation paused as each person thought about next steps, Jerry glances at Jessica and then at Amelia and Zeke.

"Oh. Right.

"This is Jessica Andrews. She goes by 'Andro-let-eir-a.' She's also a Hunter. And she's an angel.

"A literal angel. One of the angr--um, warrior kind. Apparently, she's called to where she's needed. And I called her one night when I was in a bad way. She's helped me out more than once, so I trust her."


Charm -1 Cool +1 Sharp 0 Tough +2 Weird +1 Harm ●○○|○○○○ Unstable ○

Jessica hears her name and she looks up from Jerry's phone. The blood drains from her face as he actually calls her the a-word. Then he leaves out extremely important details about her true calling and... they were all looking at her. She glances down at her travel-stained hoodie and baggy sweat pants and the phone in her hand. She knew she looked more like some disaffected teenager than a vengeance-filled fury. Is that such a bad thing?

"Um, hi." she says while passing the phone back to her summoner. She looks at the others that Jerry had introduced her to. They looked human, at least. She grabs her shoulders and avoids eye contact. "I'm sort of new at this."


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 4/5 |

Amelia smiled at the newcomer. "Everyone starts somewhere, and it is a pleasure to meet you near the beginning of these things." She extended a hand. "I am called Amelia Oliver." It was rather hard to find a way to mention that she was also a monster hunter from 150 years in the past, but such was life. It didn't fit neatly into the conversation, even with the revelation that someone was angelic.

After a moment, she considered. "How does one even call upon the aid of the celestial? It would seem that such would be a difficult thing to achieve." She considered this for a moment. Of course, again, the time travel made that awkward...but still. Summoning angels?


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 2/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N
Jessica Andrews-Androleteira wrote:
The blood drains from her face as he actually calls her the a-word. Then he leaves out extremely important details about her true calling and... they were all looking at her.

I promised that it would be awkward.


Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5

"Huh. First the only friendly bloodsucker I've ever met, and now an angel you summoned. You know some weird people, you know that, Jerry?" Zeke shakes his head, and extends a hand to Jessica with a smile that's not altogether ugly. "Friend of Jerry's is a friend of mine. And as long as you can handle yourself, I'm sure you'll get used to things." He leans back once she either accepts his handshake, or enough time passes that it gets awkward keeping it stuck out across the table.

About the time Amelia poses her question, Zeke sputters his coffee and coughs. "Oh, uh, I'm Zeke. Probably should've said that earlier. But yeah, how'd this whole angel calling thing happen? Cause that's a nifty trick if you've been holding out on me, Jer-Bear." Zeke raises his eyebrows, knowing the stupid nickname will prompt a quick response.


Charm -1 Cool +1 Sharp 0 Tough +2 Weird +1 Harm ●○○|○○○○ Unstable ○

Jessica takes the proffered hands and gives them a brief shake. She avoids direct eye contact so Amelia and Zeke don't get unnerved by the fire behind her stare.

She rubs her shoulders and looks away. "I don't know the specifics. It involves blood, and pain, and a crying need for vengeance. I'm... well, I wouldn't recommend trying again, since my kind can be... pretty destructive."


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 2/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N
Zeke Bjarnessen wrote:
"Huh. First the only friendly bloodsucker I've ever met, and now an angel you summoned. You know some weird people, you know that, Jerry?"

"I've seen some weird things. Like all of us, I guess."

Zeke Bjarnessen wrote:
"Oh, uh, I'm Zeke. Probably should've said that earlier. But yeah, how'd this whole angel calling thing happen? Cause that's a nifty trick if you've been holding out on me, Jer-Bear." Zeke raises his eyebrows, knowing the stupid nickname will prompt a quick response.

Jerry twists his mouth and stretches his neck until it cracks, but he doesn't say anything right away. Once Jessica has responded, he tries to bring the conversation back to the job.

"So, there's a re-discovered town. Interesting, but not really cause for concern. A temple in the middle of that town, though? And people exploring it aren't coming back? That's something we should nip in the bud. I don't know that we can get our hands on night-vision goggles right away--maybe if there's a military surplus store around--but those lights you strap to your forehead we could probably get. Maybe a couple high-powered camping lanterns we can drop if things get hairy."


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 4/5 |

Nodding to Jessica, Amelia agreed. "I understand. Doing so seems to cost too much. Still, it is a pleasure to meet you now."

Amelia looked at Jerry in confusion. "You are a bear?" Surely they usually had more hair? Perhaps he was only a bear on some nights. A were-bear. She'd heard of such things in the past.

Or perhaps she was missing something again.

"Lamps would seem sensible. We could carry additional oil with us, which should allow a long period in darkness. Water may be a problem, however - even if the upper parts are open to the air, the lower may still be flooded with mud and water."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 2/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N
Amelia Oliver wrote:
Amelia looked at Jerry in confusion. "You are a bear?"

"Maybe if I were heavier."


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 4/5 |

"Then let us go forth and find some lamps." Gulping down the last of her food, Amelia headed outside, then paused and looked around for a shop that might sell lamps.


Charm -1 Cool +1 Sharp 0 Tough +2 Weird +1 Harm ●○○|○○○○ Unstable ○

Jessica blinks in confusion. "Why would you want lamps? There won't be anywhere to plug them in. Unless you mean, like, genie lamps, but that's just ridiculous. What's wrong with a flashlight?"

She looks uncomfortable again. "But get what you want. I've got my own light."


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

The tech shop seemed to have all sorts of things, they looked a bit jumbled in the window display, and the eco-shop did seem to be selling some types of oil and some other old-fashioned to most people goods.

Finding a shop that sold oil lamps in the 21st centuries would be a bit difficult, let alone in this one strip of shops. However, in looking around, Amelia found a framed sign on one wall with an artistic map of the town. Not entirely to scale, but it was easy to see where the river was and the road they were currently on with the shops as well as many other places around. There was not much further down another sign in a similar frame, an advert by a housing development for a group of houses soon to be up for sale.

There were still plenty of people around, mostly in the shops, but a few hanging around cars in the parking lot.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 4/5 |

Amelia sighed as tried to find what she was used to, and failed. "I presume that there is something more 'modern' than the torches and lamps I am used to using?" She recalled what she'd seen before. "Does everyone use those communication devices for light these days? The...googles?"


Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5

Zeke snorts at Jerry's comment, and waits only a moment after Amelia gets up to go looking for... lamps, presumably of the oil variety. He shrugs his shoulders, looking at Jessica. "She's a little old-fashioned. Comes with the territory. But that's her story to tell, not mine. I've got plenty of others, you want to hear them." With that, he joins Amelia outside, quickly finding her near the artistic map.

The big man shakes his head at her question and pulls out his phone. "Nah, these can be okay in a pinch, but they're not what I'd usually go for. It's unwieldy, it's not really that bright, and most importantly, it does too much else to risk dropping it in a scuffle." He slides the phone back into a pocket and twists his face into something resembling a thoughtful expression; one hand falls to his knife, fingers tapping on the scabbard. "I've still got a MagLite in Jerry's truck, I think. It's sure bright enough. NODs would be nicer, though, since they wouldn't see us coming."

If Amelia looks confused, Zeke adds, "Uh, the night-vision goggles. They don't make a lot of light."


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 2/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

Jerry wants to purchase a head-mounted flashlight/torch. Failing that, he'll settle for a MagLite. Failing that, he'll settle for a regular flashlight. He'll purchase an extra of what he has for Amelia if she hasn't come up with her own solution. If he can find a bright, battery-powered camping lantern, he'll buy one of those, too.

That's all the preparations Jerry wants to make before heading to the temple.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 4/5 |

After someone shows her how to use it, Amelia purchases the largest light source she can find. When you're used to not having much, a lot is better.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

Jerry was able to find a head-mounted light in the tech shop that was not as bright as a MagLight, alongside camping lanterns.

----

It would be not impossible to take a road near the river and then go off road a bit to get near the temple, but it would be awkward and obvious to anyone nearby. Walking would take quite a bit longer, but it would be a lot quieter with less likely to get stuck in the mud.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 4/5 |

"I prefer my own two feet," Amelia noted. "Although perhaps we should find clothing suitable for the mud as well?" She didn't have enough changes of clothing to relish ruining some.


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 2/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

"I can park nearby where we can walk down," Jerry agrees. "Not sure what to buy to keep the mud off that wouldn't get in the way if something dangerous attacked. Maybe we can just get you a spare set of clothes."


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 4/5 |

Amelia sighed, and nodded slightly mournfully. Perhaps their angelic ally could purify clothes? Amelia instantly felt guilty at the thought. It was clear that Jessica's situation was not one of comfort, and reducing divine might to a cleaning service was almost certainly blasphemy. While Amelia had never truly shied away from such, it was...different to do so in the presence of an Angel.


Charm -1 Cool +1 Sharp 0 Tough +2 Weird +1 Harm ●○○|○○○○ Unstable ○

Jessica fell into a sullen silence while the others went to purchase flashlights. She didn't have any money anyway. She inwardly debates about revealing the more troubling features of her existence rather than letting them believe she was some benevolent entity. Or telling them how she barely understands what she is, with all the crazy rules and restrictions that make her new life so complicated.

She wondered how they would respond if she told them what her name meant. It horrifies her, so she could only imagine what they will think.

She trudges along, trying to focus on her cheerleading routines and remembering the essay she wrote for her college application. It made her feel more like Jessica, since it would likely be soon that she would need to be Androleteira.

Ἀνδρολέτειρα. The destroyer of men.


Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5

I'm so sorry, I could've sworn I'd posted here amidst my travels.

Zeke nods at Jerry's comment. "That's probably the best way. Decent boots should hold up okay, but rubbers or anything like that are crap for fighting in. We'll just have to suck it up for now."

He hooks a thumb in no particular direction, not knowing where the truck is parked. "So. Jerry drives?"


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 4/5 |

"That would most likely be wise," Amelia said dryly. Somehow she doubted that the vehicle would work much like a horse and cart.


Charm -1 Cool +1 Sharp 0 Tough +2 Weird +1 Harm ●○○|○○○○ Unstable ○

Jessica snaps out of her reverie as everyone talks about taking Jerry's truck to the site. "If there's not enough room, I can join you when you get there. How long do you think it'll take?"


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 2/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N
Jessica Andrews-Androleteira wrote:
Jessica snaps out of her reverie as everyone talks about taking Jerry's truck to the site. "If there's not enough room, I can join you when you get there. How long do you think it'll take?"

"Probably about an arbitrary number of time units," Jerry replies. "But there's enough room for everyone if one or two of you ride in the bed. I'm not a crazy driver."


Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5

"I'll take back," Zeke volunteers. "Not like it's my first time. Just don't pull a stunt like you did in Omaha. Still swear I can't move that toe like I used to."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 2/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

"If Nebraska DOT would maintain their highways better, the goblins' Hondas wouldn't have rolled like that," Jerry maintains. For the twentieth time. ZEKE.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

It took a bit longer than Jerry expected, but the truck arrived safely down the riverside. Well, what was left of it - the high river banks show where a large deep river once had now become trickles and puddles.

A view of heavily worn and muck covered stone structures was obvious in the evening light from where the truck stood on the last solid rocky ground next to the muddy path. There are several footprints, leaving and going, that are easy to see but no one can spot any other vehicles from here.

There are multiple remains of stone buildings, one larger than the others than had been called in the newspaper as the temple. The entrance, where doors may have been before, was open and dark.


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 2/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

Jerry considers the large building.

1) What about it makes people call it a temple?
2) Is there any indication that the building had another purpose before this town was flooded? Some sort of theater or warehouse?
3) Does the building differ in architectural style from the other buildings in the town?


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 4/5 |

Looking at the mud with a mournful sigh, Amelia sat by the shore and took of her boots and long socks, then rolled her trousers up to past the knee before packing her things away and beginning to walk towards the structures. Her face is not one of happiness and joy at the squishy sensation.

Still, she took a look around. Being ambushed by monsters coated in mud while wading through the stuff would not be her idea of a good time.

Read a Bad Situation: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 1 = 8 - Any dangers we haven't noticed.


Sharp +1 | Tough +2 | Luck 6/7 | Exp. 2/5 | Harm 7/7 | Unstable? N

Oh yeah. I forgot that whole "rules" thing.

Investigate a Mystery: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1) + 1 = 7

Mybe add or substitute "What happened here?" or "What is being concealed here?" if you don't want to use my questions above.


Charm -1 Cool +1 Sharp 0 Tough +2 Weird +1 Harm ●○○|○○○○ Unstable ○

"Time to get ready then," Jessica says with no real enthusiasm. She glances around the area, making sure there were no onlookers or bystanders drawn here by the archaeological find. Then she steps around the truck to change, pulling off her hoodie to reveal a battle-scarred but still functional breastplate that evokes a Greco-Roman design.

She wads up her hoodie in her hands and it suddenly disappears. In its place are a pair of vambraces that she straps to her forearms. Then she takes off her pants and pulls the same trick, swapping them for a armored battle skirt and greaves. Once they're on, she joins the group again, now looking like a mythic warrior.

"See anything else of interest? Or are we just going straight for that opening?" she asks Jerry and Amelia.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

The larger building likely had been dubbed a temple due the remains of the structure having what appeared to be part of a steeple alongside being bigger than the other remaining buildings. Beyond size, it was hard to tell much different between this and the other stone building behind at this point of the village or whatever this had been. In the shadows and muck, it was likely quite a bit was concealed, but it was hard to know what or how it these buildings ended up underwater.

Amelia gets the sense of being watched, but can't see any direct threats in the lowering light and dark buildings. The most likely routes to any threats lay beyond the doors.


The Exile | Harm: 5/7 | Luck: 7/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp:1 | Tough: 1 | Weird: 2| Armour: 2 | Experience: 4/5 |

"I fear we may be being watched," Amelia said as she turned and caught Jessica changing her skirt. As appealing as the visual was, it was...bad timing. "By what I cannot tell." After a moment she remembered that looking at people changing there clothes was generally seen as rude, and looked away. "Still, I do not think there is danger here beyond the mud." Squelching unhappily, started to head towards the buildings.


Male Human Hard Case | Harm: 0/7 | Luck: 6/7 | Status: OK | Charm: -1 | Cool: 1 | Sharp: 1 | Tough: 2 | Weird: 0 | Experience: 1/5

Zeke hops out of the truck's bed with a small backpack and his shotgun. He steps over to the edge of the mud with Jerry and Amelia, nodding with a frown. "Yep. This is gonna be a mess." With a sigh, he looks down at his beaten combat boots. "Boys, I apologize for what we're gonna go through on this one. There's a nice bath waiting for you on the other side."

When Jessica comes around the truck in her new look, he gives a short, low whistle and laughs. "Alright, more old-time gear. Guess angels don't really go in for Kevlar and ARs, huh?" The man's tone is humorous, but he doesn't miss how battle-worn the armor is. Whatever doubts he had about Jessica's capabilities, they're fading fast.

Turning back to the buildings, Zeke raises his flashlight and turns it on, sweeping across the darkened ruins. His eyes are open for threats, but he's really searching for the best path to take.

Read a Bad Situation: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6) + 1 = 8 What's our best way in?


Charm -1 Cool +1 Sharp 0 Tough +2 Weird +1 Harm ●○○|○○○○ Unstable ○

Jessica gives Zeke an uneasy look. "Yeah, I guess so." She gestures to her armor. "I just woke up wearing this."

"An AR, that's a kind of gun, right?"

Trying to put her mind to the task at hand, she focuses on the ruins and the strange temple.
Investigate a Mystery: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12
Cool! Hold 2

401 to 450 of 711 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Darkened Thresholds - Gemstones All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.