Wrath of the Righteous

Game Master Vinsomner

Dare you confront the Abyss?

Kenabres


2,051 to 2,100 of 2,314 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Rounding the corner you each take in the scene on the street, five demonic giant flies with faces that look all too human save for their deformed rasping maws and tiny half-formed hands on the tip of each spindly leg. Each one is easily the size of a dwarf, bloated bodies and thick wings making them seem all the bigger. Their attention is focused on two upper story windows of a shop which no longer bears any identifying marks. The windows are boarded up, but one has been half smashed through, and the flies are taking turns diving towards the opening, opening the gap ever wider. A couple of sticks, broom handles maybe, are thrust from inside the building now and again, but without skill and without any real effect. It's clear those inside are nearly out of time.

Due to the distraction of those inside, you basically get to start Round 1 about 30' away, with the initiative. Working on a makeshift map ... but for now we'll use the theatre of the mind. It's a 20' wide section of street, largely clear of debilitating debris. The flies are 10' in the air, 30' to 50' away from you.

    Initiative - R1
  • The Heroes (your R1 posting order will set the specific init order for future rounds)

  • The Flies


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

As Verim starts to grow his teeth bite down and his strength grows, he begins entering a rage though not one too severe. His sharpened senses and need to protect catapults him forward to meet the Flies head on. However just as it looks like he would swing with his shield, his Glaive slashes near the opening to try and skewer a fly as it tries to get inside.

Enlarged Ragin' Glaive Slash: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 232d8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 8) + 6 = 16

Moved 20ft but I have 20 ft reach and threaten.. all of it..20-15 with glaive, 10-5 ft with shield


Wendaug hugs the corner of the building next to her, using it to steady her shot, and fires at the nearest red fly creature. While her shot is in the air she comments with a straight face, "You sure you're not compensating for something Petling?" Her attention remains on her shot, hoping it finds it's mark.

Attack (mwk-lbow): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 and Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Which it does, sticking into the flies bloated torso... with a less than satisfying sound, and the arrow almost immediately falls out and to the ground.


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Tallina moves to the open street and flings her club, hoping to hit one before pointing to the creature for her companion to clobber. After releasing her club and pointing, she regrips her scythe, hoping that her companion and Verim will attract all the attention.

Throwin' Club: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

"Tobongo, attack! Oh shoot, I'm going to need a new club."

-----Tobongo-----

The treant lumbers from behind cover towards the grotesque creatures, and swings one of his limbs with all the force he can muster. Hopefully he can catch one between his mighty fist and the building.

Power Slam: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Aasimar Skald 4 | AC18 FF16 T12 CMD19 | HP 43/43[35] | F6[8] R3 W3[5] | Init +2

Bianca advances next to Verim and slams her Bec De Corbin against the ground before sounding out a battlecry.

Inspire Rage is on.

+4 Con (2 Enhancement Bonus, 2 Morale - Everything else is morale), +2 Str, +2 Will, -1 AC if accepted.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Mia, having seen Laris do such a battlesong before, remembers the penalty of recklessness it imposed. Ac penalty

She compensates Verim's defenses with a ward hex.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim has grown tired of such allegations and as such has taken liberty to use the Assets Chart (NSFW) modified for males to prove this.. it shall be hell or high water. The Calculation is either Con+Cha/2 or Hardcore. 1d20 + modifiers. Effectively 7< really.. er.. inadequate, 10 avg, 15> well above avg 20> gifted LETS DO IT!

Assets!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Edit: I think Verim is fine


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Wait, some of That con is an enhancement bonus? Can Tobongo gain those effects? He's immune to morale effects but not enhancement modifiers or competence bonuses. Plant type creature and all.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Aasimar Skald 4 | AC18 FF16 T12 CMD19 | HP 43/43[35] | F6[8] R3 W3[5] | Init +2

Yes, my Rage is awesome.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Just don't shut down your PC while raging by pulling the plug, that's bad for it's durability.
RAGEQUIT!


GM Screen:

Maxwell Attack (hflail): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 and Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Luciana Attack (sword): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 and Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

FlyR Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
FlyO Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
FlyY Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
FlyG Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
FlyB Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Round 1
The enlarged Verim slashes with his immense glaive at the closer fly nearest the window, the weapon biting deep into the creatures surprising tough torso.

Wendaug fires a hit into the red Fly, but the demonic creature shrugs off the arrow like it was nothing.

Talina's club throw misses completely, slamming into the building and clattering to the ground.
Tobongo has more success, smashing a limb into the same fly Verim had attacked, and it wobbles badly in mid-air, but manages to remain aloft.

Bianca advances next to Verim and slams her Bec De Corbin against the ground before sounding out a battlecry, one which seems to incite the others to greater fury.

Mia casts a helpful hex on Verim, her witching ways giving him a defensive edge.

Luciana and Maxwell advance slightly and ready attacks in case the flies attack.

The flies attack in a angry buzz as they focus their attention on the party. One of them concentrates for a moment and a globe of darkness settles over the group. A second darkness spell comes from the NE fly, covering those not caught in the second spell. The three remaining flies zip into the cloud and attack Bianca, Verim and Tobongo. The slavering jaws in the darkness fail to get Bianca or Tobongo, but the fly attacking Verim manages to get through his defenses. Verim a 19 hits right? If not then disregard. If so then you take -8hp and are Diseased. Roll a fort save DC15 or take Con damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3 and Dex damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2.

If there are AoO's vs flies pre or post darkness please roll them. Also include concealment miss chance for those w/o darkvision next round.

Please post for Round 2!

    Initiative - R2
  • The Heroes

  • The Flies


Aasimar Skald 4 | AC18 FF16 T12 CMD19 | HP 43/43[35] | F6[8] R3 W3[5] | Init +2

AoO 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

AoO 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

AoO 3: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Bianca attacks three of the flies as they approach in, and then lashes out once again.

Stab Red: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

It misses because Mia placed a Ward Hex on Verim increasing AC by 2

Verim looks down to Wendaug, " Well you can always take a look for yourself right now, Love.. Don't let my size fool you.. its ALL proportional.. HARHAR "

Verim Swings out with his Glaive Twice. Once as the Red Fly attempts to cast a spell the other as the Blue Fly approaches to sink its fangs into Verim.

AoO Ragin' Enlarged Glaive Slash: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 232d8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 8) + 6 = 18
AoO Ragin' Enlarged Glaive Slash: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 242d8 + 6 ⇒ (8, 5) + 6 = 19

After the counter attack Verim Slams on of the Flies on his nearby allies while reaching out towards the Orange Fly with his Glaive.

Twin Ragin' Enlarged Shield Bash: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Twin Ragin' Enlarged Glaive Slash: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 122d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 8) + 3 = 18

Actually I might have gotten hit.. but I might have killed Blue before it even got to me


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

You would have been.
19(normal) -1 from enlarge, -1 from rage, +2 from ward.

Mia moves north to escape the darkness.

Since she can't see the others, if she can see any of the demon flies, she puts an evil eye hex (Will 14, -2 to attack for either 6 or 1 round) on the closest she sees.


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Seeing the fly jumping in to attack, the treant swings his mighty limb to swat the creature away. His size showing his clumsiness as his swing is wild.

Power Slam AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 141d8 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

So the flies used regular darkness correct? So is the light level now dim light or is it like mythic darkness where it goes straight to darkness? This could change how some people act in combat based on lighting.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Actually its 21 -2 from enlarged -2 from Rage (I use my figures even during her song) +2 from your ward, though like I said It might already be dead. The one casting Darkness the first time likely wont make the concentration check.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Where's bug-spray when you need it.


Round 1 - AOO resolution
Verim and Bianca batter the red fly as it attempts to cast darkness, and it's unable to maintain its concentration as it falls under the rain of blows. Verim finishes off the blue fly as it's attempting to get it range for a bite, and it tumbles earthward, legs twitching. Bianca strikes once more on the yellow fly as it attacks her, her blade not striking as deep as she might have expected.


GM Screen:

Wendaug Attack (Attack (mwk-lbow)): 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 4 = 13 and Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7
FlyG Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Round 2
Verim slams at the fly attacking Bianca with his shield, but misses. Then lashes out with the impossibly long glaive to slice the orange fly in the distance.

Wendaug fires a shot towards the yellow fly attacking Bianca, but the close quarters fighting causes the arrow to miss. She hisses in frustration.

Talina's plant pal swings and misses.

Bianca lashes out at the yellow fly and strikes it down from the sky.

Mia moves north till she escapes the cloud of darkness, but is unable to see anything past the building and the darkness. Delay

Luciana and Maxwell move east out of the cloud and ready attacks in case the flies attack once again.

The remaining flies continue their attack, noticing their 'comrades' falling but intent on destroying their foe with demonic rage. The one attacking Tobongo bites again, but cannot penetrate the plant creatures armor. The distant orange fly chitters in hate at Verim -who just injured it- and drifts away slightly before spewing an immense cone of acic down the street, catching everyone except Tobongo. Take 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10 acid damage. Reflex DC 15 halves the damage.

Please post for Round 3!

    Initiative - R3
  • The Heroes

  • The Flies


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim Places his shield up to try and block the majority of the acidic bile spewed on him.

Reflex Save(Ward): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Unfortunately his unwieldy large frame makes that unlikely and it burns heavily.

" Hot! It burns, but this isnt the First time I've had bug gut on me.. won't be the last! Wendaug, honey, you have to try and have fun with it. I know.. Imagine the fly has my arse! That should give you encouragment to strike HARHAR! "

His Shield swings at the one between Tobongo and himself, flanking it.. the Glaive reaching out at the Fly once more.

Twin Flanking Ragin' Enlarged Shield Bash: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 151d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Twin Ragin' Enlarged Glaive Slash: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 152d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 = 7

5ft and attacked again one on Green Fly one on the Orange; took 5 damage


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Wait had to Edit my above post.. i still had Ward because I killed blue early


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 18/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

Doing her best to ignore the pain from the acid (and somewhat failing in that respect), Luci moved up to deal with the fly next to Tobongo and Verim, bringing her sword down on it.
Attack on Green Fly (which is probably already dead, but can't hurt): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Mia, unable to see a thing due to the darkness, is unable to do anything.

"Now that's cheating!"


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Mia can see.. its just darker than normal.. its still light outside


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

The GM said otherwise...


Aasimar Skald 4 | AC18 FF16 T12 CMD19 | HP 43/43[35] | F6[8] R3 W3[5] | Init +2

Bianca moves up to stab the fly that spewed it's acid, attempting to dodge it's spray as she goes.

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Takes 5 due to acid resist

Stab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Damage: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

The acid clung only slightly to her as her cloak helped to shield her from some of the damage. She quickly moves from the cloud of darkness, scythe still in hand.

"Tobongo, that one, attack! In the meantime Phlare"

Flare spell, DC 14 on green

-----Tobongo's Turn-----

Having not been a part of the acidic spray, the lumbering hulk swung his massive limbs at the creature in front of him.

Power Slam #1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 281d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Power Slam #1 Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 I take it that does not confirm and is a total of 14 damage, now if the creature is dead Tobongo moves to threaten the yellow/gold one, if not let the smashing continue!

Power Slam #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 241d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


GM Screen:

Fly Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Plus disease

Round 3
Some of the group get doused in the acid, others are able to deflect a good amount of the toxic sludge, greatly diminishing the damage. In a flurry of attacks the group fells all but the orange fly, who seems more incensed than ever.

The green fly was dazed for a moment by Tallina's spell before falling beneath Tobongo's heavy blows, and the lone fly screeches in a furious buzzing, trying to got a nip in on the largest and closest target, Verim. The slavering jaws dart in for a disgusting bite. AOO for at least Verim, and I think that's all. Verim take 10 damage and you're diseased. Take Con Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2 and Dex damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3 unless you make a DC15 fort save.

Please post for Round 4! Finish this disgusting thing off!

    Initiative - R4
  • The Heroes

  • The Fly


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 18/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

Slipping through between Verim and Tobongo (an experience that makes her feel even shorter than normal), Luci slashed at the last fly, trying to bring it down quickly.
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim slices at the fly as it approaches.

Ragin' Enlarged Glaive Slash AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 212d8 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 = 12

His inner fortitude rising in his powerful state before he striked at the fly once more.

Ragin' Fort Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Once the little bugger got close Verim dropped his Glaive and gripped his fist tight delivering a shield bash and a deadly punch, both the general size of the creature's entire body.

Ragin' Enlarged Shield Smash: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Ragin' Enlarged PAWWWWCCHH: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


With the combine fury of Lucianna and Verim, the party is able to down the last demonic giant fly. As the sounds of battle fades slowly there seems to be an unnatural silence, as if the street and houses were all listening in to see who would win the battle. The sounds of the streets slowly return, and a crying whimper can be heard coming from inside the home the flies were attempting to enter, and a deeper voice murmuring urgently to shush the whimpers.

Nicely done you lot


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

The moving giant twitches as he was injured far more than he would have liked. It was the price to pay for such a task, his eyes did not want to meet Wendaug's it would be a hint of fear. Moving to the window Verim looked in speaking in a booming, but calming voice. " You all alright in there? No one is too hurt? If you are you'd best be telling us, we have healers. "


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

"Speaking of healing, you look pretty battered up to me."

So...using the daily hex reserves of those in need of healing.

Heal Lucy: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Heal Verim: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

When we hit lvl 5, it'll count as CMW instead of CLW.


As Verim puts his eye to the window and shouts, one of the makeshift spears fending off the flies earlier pokes out with either incredible skill or luck. At the other end of the stick Verim glimpses a skinny, terrified old man in what used to be quite fashionable clothing, now dirty, ripped and largely tattered. An equally (formerly) well dressed woman clutches her bleeding arm, huddled in the corner with a chamber pot in her hands like the smelliest shield you've ever had the misfortune of smelling. The dismayed look on the old mans face indicates his struck first but listened last, even as the 'spear' lunges towards Verim's open eye.

Verim, make a DC14 Reflex or the sticks gonna poke you good in the eye. You'll be reduced to one eye for 1d2 ⇒ 2 days, basically making it as if you're in dim light till it's able to heal on it's own.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Harsh, it's a good thing the logic and physics don't really match common sense.


GM Screen:
1d100 ⇒ 77 low bad

It's actually not hardly sharp at all, and I'm factoring in Verim reacting defensively as a warrior would, his check is to see to what degree his warrior reflexes keep him from damage. He's not staring blissfully into space as he gets rammed in the eye with a stick.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

*Is watching Verim's reflex roll, with a mischievous smile.*
My fighter in fullplate has little trouble hitting enemies, being a warrior by profession. But when it comes to reflex and will saves, it's like roulette. His luck isn't top notch on that department, it's probably a fighter thing.


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 DC to hear their murmurs would be let's see, 15 for whispered conversation, +1/10 ft they are away from me, +5 because of a closed door... Sooo if I was within 30ft I could have overheard the whispering. What were they saying?


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Eh, Expected as much, Im not a paladin. Reflex while enlarged is not the best.. So One eye, meaning I have 20% miss chance one every attack.

Verim takes a spear strait in the the eye and grips it closed a moment too late blood squirts out of his orifice and he bites down hard to quell the reactive rage.

" Ahghhhh! I guess its the first time I've laid an eye on a prick before. If only I had proper warning how dangerous they were! "


Aasimar Skald 4 | AC18 FF16 T12 CMD19 | HP 43/43[35] | F6[8] R3 W3[5] | Init +2

Slow clap.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Queue giant, one-eyed Verim/cyclops jokes.

Tallina:
An old masculine voice was telling a whimpering feminine voice to "Be quiet! Please Nira! Or the bandits are sure to come in! We don't know who's out there! and the female voice crying softly, "Why would be put the hats in a bin? Besides, it hurts so badly! I don't even have the strength... to stand!"

The old man shrieks in shock and staggers back as Verim takes the spear in the eye, coming to the window and pulling aside a ruined shutter when Verim doesn't destroy him immediately. "Oh dear gods I'm so sorry! Why did you shout you were stealers?" Dicombodulated he turns back and assists a pale old woman to the window, her arm sporting a nasty-looking bite wound. "Belthis, you old fool! What have you done? You all, please do come in below. Young -uhh, giant man, you'll have to wait outside I'm afraid."


Wendaug has been giving the old couple a murderous stare, and pulling slightly on a nocked arrow, almost involuntarily. "After you'd blinded one of us!? You expect us to do anything but kill you where you stand? Ungrateful old bags!"

The old man, Belthis, tilts his head towards Wendaug, concentrating hard, "Yes we are the kindest of us. Please come in so you don't need to stand!" he shouts down in his quavering voice, and turns inside, apparently heading downstairs.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Mia passes Wendaug before she looks up at her.
"I know, they did a very rude thing. But they are old and scared. If Verim is permanently blind i won't forgive them that, but for now it looks like he'll 'probably' recover. Except maybe his pride."


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Setting her scythe down, Tallina also sets down her pack and begins rummaging for whatever food she still had from Gwerm.

"Ms. Nira is it? Are you hurt, hungry even? We have some supplies from the crusaders, if you'd like some healing we can provide some. Mia, could you be a dear and check for injuries? The poor woman can hardly stand."

Oh shoot, why did I say that, now they are going to think I'm a freak. Why did I mention a name.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

She shrugs, "Sure."

Mia moves over to the woman.
"Hold still please."
Examine & treat injuries: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim places an enlarged had along Wendaug's back in a comforting manner, giving a painful yet disarming smile. " Hey now, I still have one eye left. That means I can still be blessed with your warming presence, love. Don't get too upset, it confuses my body y'know. I can't fight while a little riled. I've been penetrated however.. that will be the worse thing to get past HARHAR! "

Verim said trying to calm her down, his attention going back to the old couple " Luckily the big thing is temporary.. but I'm not the best person to speak I suppose. "

His one-eyed gaze returning to Wendaug, " Thanks for protectin' me. I know I got a little more injured than normal. I worry you. Just be gentle on the punishment this time? "


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 18/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

"I think we said 'healers', not 'stealers'. Verim could have waited a bit more before peaking through the gap." Luci joked.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim grimaced and looked down to Luci, " Funny, you wouldnt be all that happy if it were your soft unmentionables being poked! Now I'll never be a bride HARHAR! " his grin returning though a little more blood oozes from his eye.

" I wonder how I look in an eyepatch? " he mused outwardly.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Insert cyclops & eye patch related joke here.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Not enough Nick Fury

2,051 to 2,100 of 2,314 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightbringer's Wrath of the Righteous Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.