Wrath of the Righteous

Game Master Vinsomner

Dare you confront the Abyss?

Kenabres


1 to 50 of 2,314 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Armasse officially began at noon, with the blessing of the festival by Lord Hulrun himself, ruler of Kenabres. The crowd gathered in Clydwell Plazza quieted as the aged inquisitor took the stage, clad in shining, resplendent armor. He cleared his throat, but just as he was about to speak, a bright light shone from the west, as if the sun were rising from the wrong direction. Hulrun’s shadow fell huge and distorted across the cathedral’s façade. A moment later, the sound of a thunderous explosion ripped through the air and earth, along with a violent tremor.

To the west, the fortress known as the Kite – the location of Kenabres’s wardstone – had vanished. In its place, a brilliant plume of red fire, lightning, and smoke erupted into the heavens.

A moment later, a powerful roar accompanied a welcome sight rising from the crowd – Kenabres’ greatest guardian, the ancient silver dragon Terendelev, who until that moment had been attending the ceremony disguised as a human. Above, another form appeared, as nightmarish as the dragon was breathtaking. A humanoid shape three times the size of any man, with skin coated in fire and lightning, gripped a flaming sword and whip. The creature’s identity was immediately obvious: Khorramzadeh, the Storm King of the Worldwound, had come to Kenabres.

As the ground continued to shake and disgorge demons into the streets, the dragon and the balor lord clashed above. The fight was over in a few harrowing moments, as the balor cut deep into Terendelev’s body, swooping down to strike the dragon and arrest her charge. A few more blows and the titanic duo spiraled downward toward the crowd.

The sight of the dragon smashing into the façade of the Cathedral of St. Clydwell is one no witness would ever forget. At that moment, a titanic demon erupted at the far end of the plaza, reducing several buildings to ruins as it smashed into this world. The rift it created shot across the plaza, and this time there was no escape – it opened the floor beneath your feet, angling away into darkness.

Even as you fell, the dragon noticed your plight. Though she saw death standing over her, she seized this final chance to save a few more souls. After she uttered a few arcane words and stretched out a bleeding talon, you felt her magic take hold of you, slowing your plummet into the darkness as if you were feathers falling into a pit. Yet the fall remained inexorable, and as you drifted downward into the depths, the last thing you saw was the Storm King standing before the ancient silver dragon, his sword lashing out and cleaving full through her neck. As her severed head fell, the rift above you slammed shut, and the light of the world above you was gone.


Male Human Warpriest 3

As he fell slowly, farther and farther into the dark chasm, Maxwell returned from a haze. Dust fell slowly with him, along with stones as gravity seemed distorted. Everything happened in slow motion, as if the world had ended and they were just riding out the wave. The light from the opening fell to darkness, and he felt himself slow to an almost crawl.

This is just like that time... he thought to himself. He thought back. The ward... No... No, this is different. Just as he thought that, he turned to see the others, people who were unfortunate enough to have fallen along with him. I'm not alone... he thought to himself as the darkness sat in with a snap, and the sound of the earth smashed together.

He reached for his flail, holding it in one hand rather tightly. Whispering a small prayer to himself, he touched the 3 metal balls at the tip of the weapon, setting them alight.

Cast Light - 10 minutes

Just then, he touched the ground with a light thump as the magic wore off. He turned to take a good, hard look at the place. He turned to see the others gently falling as well, along with some faces he hadn't become familiar with. He stood about with the weapon, trying to jiggle his flail as little as possible.

For a moment, he just sort of wiped the sweat from his brow, trying to find the words. Shaking his head, he figured it best to not even begin to comprehend why all that had just happened. With a bit of resolve, he doesn't question any bit of it, merely accepting that it happened. It was what he'd preached on, after all.

He sets the weapon against the earthen wall, letting it lean, and just sort of slumps down against the floor after he walks to the edge. He just sort of looks down at the dirt, trying to put the pieces back together. Quiet, he just sits there, failing to do so before looking around.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Helpless to do anything other than watch, the only thing Tallina could do was grab ahold of Tobongo before watching the world close before her eyes. Thankfully she and her long time companion were falling much slower than they should have.

A light, thank goodness someone had access to it. Ah the guard that was going to show me around to an inn. He seemed like a decent enough fellow, at least I am not alone.

Touching the ground, Tallina gets her bearings, or as much as she can when she has no clue of where she might be.

Hmm, Lucianna, that guard, the knowledgeable woman, a halfling that I have not seen , and the one who called himself Verim. Maybe after some looking, careful planning, and smart thinking we might just live.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 Add an additional +2 if this is considered a wilderness setting, although I have my doubts.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

The sudden fall caught the little halfling by surprise. Was this thing the cause her parents had been fighting?
Seeing the mighty dragon make gestures dampening their fall she cast a brief Thank you.....

A small *thump* as she hit the ground. Followed by a soft chirping as her thrush landed on her shoulder. She looked around to check her bearings.
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
She calls out to other near her, "Ahm..are you ok?"

I'm taking your perception check bypassed the childlike appearance of Mia, Tallina? This halfling has childlike feat and wears shoes. :)


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 18/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

As soon as she realised what that blast could've been, Luci had called for her mother to run for safety. While neither of her parents were from Kenabres, they were mildly paranoid about the Worldwound nearby. Luci was just glad that her father and younger brother were off in Nerosyan at the time.

She'd drawn her sword as the first demons appeared, but was caught off-guard at the sight of the Storm King. Then the ground opened up beneath them and she felt Terendelev's magic settle on her just before the dragon's head was cleaved from her neck.

As she descended, she kept her eyes peeled, making the most of her inherent night vision to take in as much of the cavern as possible. While she was worried about her mother and everyone else still on the surface (not to mention the larger ramifications of what such an incursion could mean), she pushed it to the side for now - best for her to focus on what she could do down here rather than about things she couldn't affect.

Guess it was just as well I took the security job, she thought to herself as she touched down, wouldn't want to be down here unarmed and in my normal clothes.

"Everyone alright?" she called out, looking to see who else had fallen with her.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Human Bard 4 | HP:23/23 | AC 16 | Init +2 | PassivePerception 10 | S+0;D+4;C+0;I+2;W+0;Ch+6 Spells: 4/4x1st; 3/3x2nd; Bard Inspiration 4/4 (d6)

Laris gets back to her feet and looks around to see who her companions are.
"I'm fine. We need to get back up there, it seems the city may be lost but, we can help evacuate."

Laris takes a look around to see if there's any way out.


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Checking to make sure she still had her locket, feeling the metal against her fingers she lets out a sigh of relief. Tallina answers the various questions from a short distance away.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Where in the nine hells are we? But first and most importantly, is anybody injured?

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Come Command; DC 15

If Mia has not set a dc for a disguise then possibly. If it is a simple take 10 I believe your dc would be 14. I did clear that.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Hehe, seeing the current distance and environment it would be more difficult. But i should at least have stated she'd make have to make disguise checks every day, since it's her background to do so.
Disguise check for the day: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 2 = 21


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim rose his stein to the sky for the great Lord Hulrun and o it answered with a flash of light. Unfortunately this light was nothing to be joyous over as he was soon to find out. Verim had always been able to handle his liquor and as such rarely was sloshed, this was one of the times he regretted that; The grounds split everywhere and demons began to pour in. It was the worse sobering experience he would had experienced in his life.

Verim whispered a prayer to Arqueros and sought to protect civilians. The clash of titans above being mirrored by he and other crusaders below. Then, suddenly as the world seemed to crumble around him, he saw a little girl reach out to him as she was about to fall in with him.. with his last effort, knowing most likely the fall would end his life he tossed the girl upwards into the nearby Gundahar. " Friend Gundahar, Protect the people! And let them know Verim did the same! AGAINST THE DEMONSSSS! " Then the world went black.

He was falling.. falling... how long would he fall? He knew the impact alone would shatter his bones and maim him horribly. He had no regrets, he was able to protect something with what little life he had, Arqueros would be proud. Yet the impending ground did not come as he thought.. He was definitely falling.. perhaps he had die- * WHAM, CRASH ,CLANK *

" Argh Asmodeus' Balls! the PAIN!... How am I alive!? Wait.. Its you the Grim Guard! How are you alive too? "

Verim had landed upon a disheveled rock formation crushing it under his weight and armor but otherwise being fine. The first sight being the erupting light coming from Maxwell. however, when he began to look around he noted a few others from the celebration were all here as well.. he was not alone. Slowly getting up, Verim dusted the debris from his shield and scale mail.

" It seems we were blessed somehow.. I think we are all fine save for my arse.. but that'll heal in time.. Who here is battle-able ... I don't know how far we fell and by the looks of my sobering, we might have a different kind of fun down here. I- "

Spotting Mia, his mind wandered back to the kid he thought he had sacrificed himself for and froze up.

" - Hey lass? Are you fine? Not scared of the Dark are you? You arent injured anywhere right? "

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

LOL the chances on that Perception with a fighter..


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Indeed...only 2nd option is to bluff my way out of assumptions, but that would be a either a roll or a take 10 for 14 :). I was thinking environment would play a part with the checks with this being a dimly lit cavern, meh. :)

Mia notices a human man addressing her. Why is he looking so carefully, is he suspecting something? I've done my best disguising this morning though.

Stroking the back of the little bird on her hand she noddingly responds.
"I seem to be fine, what we can't say of the dragon.", with a sad look on her face. "How many people fell down here? I've heard 4 other voices aside from mine."


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Wanna know a secret, he wasnt even looking for that, so right now your fine

Verim quirks a brow as he is sure he noticed odd curvature of the chest and hips unlike that of a normal kid her age, but then again he might have been buzzed a little; Not to mention shaken from the fall and the arse-pain. He didn't want to come off as some crass pervert, children these ages were filling out much differently he noted. After a cursory inspection, seeing no scars, Verim's face turns into a warm smile.

" Good! I was worried you were hurt little girl. I have to say you ar mighty brave for your age. The dragon was a Grand Warden of Kenebres, she knew the danger and protected us even in her death it seemed. There is no greater honor. Let the Golden Bulwark guide her soul. " He said as he rang his shield once against his chest. " Cheer up little one! The Gloom Guard is here.. as well as the Burnished Elf Tallina and Her tree of might, One of much knowledge.. I believe I see the Teifling as well.. I can't forget those curves.. I think there are other civilians like yourself, so you should not feel alone. And of course Verim of Pharae is here to protect you.. you are safe.. Miss.. Miss.. Hrmm Little one.. What is your name by chance.. I dont remember catching it. "

He says pondering, after having pointed out the other people present.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

"Mia, this is my pet bird Tjip. I arrived just recently with my mom, but i fear she might be dead by now, probably everyone lost someone just now."

I laughed on the whole pervert line.


Human Bard 4 | HP:23/23 | AC 16 | Init +2 | PassivePerception 10 | S+0;D+4;C+0;I+2;W+0;Ch+6 Spells: 4/4x1st; 3/3x2nd; Bard Inspiration 4/4 (d6)

"We all appear to be okay, we should move - try to get back up to the surface."
Laris takes a look around, casting Dancing Lights if she needs to move away from Maxwell's light source.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

"I am Laris by the way, pleasure to meet you all" Laris doesn't stop looking around the cave as she greets them.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

" Mia, Tjip, Laris, Tallina, Luciana; These are good names.. The names of those under my charge. And of course the Depression Knight as well " Verim nods acknowledging them separately in his mind. He puts a hand out to help Mia to her feet and hoists gently making sure to balance her well. " Do not give up hope Lady Mia, There is always chance that they have escaped.. And If not, do not let that stop you. They would rather die knowing their sacrifice was not in vain. I will make sure you see her again at least.. On my honor. "

Turning to Laris and her constant ability to note the important tasks Verim points to himself. " 'Okay' is relative, a portion of me would disagree greatly. alive and functional would be better phrasing.. Har har. However, Lady Laris is correct, We need to be progressive and find a way above ground.. If nothing else to assist the fight. I became a Crusader for a reason, it was to protect innocents and stand against evil. This body was forged for that since I was wee child. So If we travel please stay behind or near me.. I am hardier than most. But First we must ascertain the well being of everyone here. "


Male Human Warpriest 3

Looking up, Maxwell looks at them as he gets referred to roughly in seven different unflattering names. He chuckles as he stands up, standing somewhat in the middle of the room after he walks over there. "I'm under no one, friend, but we need to find a way out of this chasm." he says, tossing the man an eyebrow.

He looks around in the middle of the room, the sweat from the recent rush of adrenaline finally making its way around. "Religious zeal aside, we need to get out of here. There seem to be 2 ways out, so which should we choose?" he asks, looking at them.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Mia stares at both paths.
"We can toss a stone, if nothing comes out of the path we tossed it into we could take it."


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

" Well if I had to choose Sir Pale Horse, It would be the right passage, but as of yet I have no hurry to do so until I know we can all move.. We wont be leaving anyone behind. As much as you might not like it, I have given an oath to my Lord. I can't go back on it for my shield has been raised in his name. Now as much as I like coming up with colorful names to your dark personage I think the joke has gone rather.. long. I could not for the life of me recall your name my good sir. "

He motions to the Warpriest, who clearly seemed perturbed by something.


Gathering yourselves after the long, slow tumble you find yourselves lost in darkness and broken stone, the air filled with dust as debris continues to settle from above. With a muttered word, the darkness is suddenly pierced by Maxwell, revealing nine people and a fallen tree struggling to rise.

The eastern end of the cavern has collapsed into a mountain of rubble and the bodies of those less fortunate. You recognize the broken body of Gundahar, still holding desperately to the outstretched arm of his wife. Towards the center of the chamber, nearly the size of a horse, the immense body of a spider lies still and silent on the ground.

A women screams in agony, her leg trapped beneath fallen rocks. Nearby, an elven man stumbles and falls over the debris. In the soft glow of Maxwell's mage light, it is quickly apparent that his face has been burned beyond recognition, his eyes charred by some unimaginable flame.

Near the edge of the worst of the debris, a very well attired, if slightly unattractive, man staggers to his feet, hands held to head.

By the gods man. Somebody give me a hand. Damned lucky those rocks didn't kill me. You, women, he yells, pointing towards Luciana, I demand your assistance.

I need perception checks please.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

What is this I don't even

Verim looks at the man and a slight scowl crosses his face, however he was charged with protecting them. The screaming woman was more important in his eyes. " Could someone help that man and any stronger individuals assist me in soothing this woman's plight. Someone leading the Elf would be much appreciated as well. " He motioned to each task and went to the screaming in haste. Trying to figure out the least painful way to help.


Approaching the women you see her right leg is pinned beneath a pair of rocks. While Terendelev's magic protected her, the stones following where not slowed in their fall.


Male Human Warpriest 3

Maxwell listens to Verim with a twinge of rather pertinent frustration. He assumes too much, he did. Cracking a bone his neck, he smiled. "That might be because I haven't given you it." he said as he walked towards the Elven man.

Before he gets to him, he grabs one of the small bits of debris on the ground, casting light upon it and setting it back down as his mace returns to normal. Standing upright once again, he drops it in the exact middle of the cavern and proceeds on his original task. "Maxwell. Maxwell Lionheart." he says during his trek. "You're a rather impolite bastard, I might add."

Grabbing the man by the shoulders he raises him up off the ground, helping him stand. "Easy, friend. Stand firm. What is your name? What can you do to help?" he asks as he dusts off the man's clothing.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 18


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Tallina beckons Tobongo to help lift the rocks off of the woman.

"Tobongo, help me out here, we could use some muscle, help Verim with whatever he's doing. I will help with any healing that is needed."

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Command: Serve Verim.

Looking over any of the others for obvious wounds, she responds to Maxwell's question of which way the party should go in a more serious tone, similar to how she last spoke in the world above.

"I vote we go left. No real reason, just instict." Left is always right and right is always wrong so I say we go left.

I hope anybody else has a better idea once we get our current situation under control.


As Maxwell carries his glowing stone towards the center of the cavern, several things of interest are noticed.

DC 11 Perception:

1. While the giant spider appears dead, there is a disturbing chewing sound coming from it and several bulges moving about beneath its skin.

2. There are several hand-sized silver scales glittering in Maxwell's mage light.

The stones pinning the woman's leg are easily removed by Verim and Tobongo. As she attempts to stand, her leg collapses and she falls to the ground, silently grimacing in obvious pain.


Male Human Warpriest 3

Slowly turning to see the giant spider dead and... moving, Maxwell can't help but point that obvious fact out. "I don't mean to alarm anyone, but something's most certainly eating at this spider." he says in a hushed tone, giving a good hard grib to the elven man's shoulder.


Human Bard 4 | HP:23/23 | AC 16 | Init +2 | PassivePerception 10 | S+0;D+4;C+0;I+2;W+0;Ch+6 Spells: 4/4x1st; 3/3x2nd; Bard Inspiration 4/4 (d6)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Looking at the wounded first, "I have a little magic, though I'd not call myself a healer"
Will Cure Light Wounds do anything for the Elf and woman? or are they incurable narrative injuries?


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 18/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

Luci grimaced at the man demanding her aid. Still, the others had the woman well in-hand for now so figured it was better to pacify the loud noble or merchant or whatever he was.

"Alright, where're you hurt?" she answered brusquely. If he didn't want to show her respect, she wasn't planning on showing him much either until he did something to deserve it.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Mia looked kind of offended at the rude man before heading for the elf and the injured woman.
You really need manners mister.

Heal check to stop bleeding
1st Aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
"Can somebody help stop the bleeding?"

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Hm? Spider?


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Watching the small child attempting to stop the bleeding Tallina decides she should step in and help. Trying to keep a smile on her face to keep the child in good spirits.

"Ah little one, you seem so knowledgeable for one so young. Let me try my hand. If not, maybe a little magic can do the job. That spider looks like trouble and you should stand behind Tobongo for protection. Tobongo, move between me and that spider, be wary as it looks strange. Now let me see if I can stop the bleeding."

Grabbing a leaf off of Tobongo Tallina squeezes the leaf attempting to get any moisture out of the leaf to help make an adhesive before ripping off a piece of her pant leg. Tallina attempts to make a temporary bandage, and she is willing to rip up more clothes, probably her cloak and other pant leg, to make more.

Tobongo Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24First Aid: Success to stop the bleeding, if that does not work we can use magic.

"There, that should do it ma'am, stay still and try not to move too much. We'll figure a way out of this."

My first perception check was to look around, second was for the spider, I'm not making any perception checks as Tallina is fairly trusting with the injured being more important than paranoia


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

"Thanks. My mother works as an apothecary and healer, so i've grown up with it, this lady should be ok."


Tallina & Mia:

Nobody is bleeding, but the woman's leg is broken in several places. You can splint her leg and provide crutches (using debris from the stadium) with your heal check. Magical healing may help her, but only powerful magic, far beyond you, will repair broken bones.

Addressing Luciana, the man launches into an angry triad, Injured? Are you daft woman? I've just had half the ceiling fall on me, I'm lucky to still be alive. My ribs feel like somebody's been tap dancing on them. Now, you will all escort me back to my residence immediately. In return, I'll compensate you more than fairly. 1,000 gold each. I've seen you around before, tiefling, surely you know Horgus Gwerm is good for his word.


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 18/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

"Well you should consider yourself more lucky that you might just have some cracked ribs, considering those two aren't quite so lucky. And I don't know about the others, but I was planning to get everyone out of here anyway, reward or no."

Luciana was not a fan of people who acted entitled. Hopefully this was just stress or shock talking. Either way, she wracked her brain trying to remember who Horgus was.

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

"Bottom line is; you're mobile, she isn't-" she gestured to the injured woman the others were helping, "and I don't think he's going to be going around on his own either- another gesture towards the elf with the injured face, who's behaviour seemed a bit off, "but the plan's to get everyone to safety no matter who's offering what. Harping on about it's not going to make it go any faster. Especially considering that I don't think anyone in Kenabres even knew these tunnels existed. Best we can hope for is that the fight on the surface opened up another crack like the one we fell through and that it stayed open. If so; it could be an escape route."

Diplomacy to try and calm the guy down: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Human Bard 4 | HP:23/23 | AC 16 | Init +2 | PassivePerception 10 | S+0;D+4;C+0;I+2;W+0;Ch+6 Spells: 4/4x1st; 3/3x2nd; Bard Inspiration 4/4 (d6)

Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 To see if Laris recognises teh name, if it needs knowledge Local subtract 6.

If Gwerm calms down at Luciana's speech, Laris will try and push a little further. If he doesn't - best not to antagonise him.

"We need to get moving as soon as we can, I don't know what lurks down here, and I don't like the way that spider's moving. Anyone who can fight, make ready. If you can't fight, stay out of the way - Master Gwerm, can you see to assisting the woman over there, she's struggling to stand, and since we are not leaving anyone behind, we will move much quicker if she has assistance."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

" Yes, something about her leg perhaps, I am not versed in such things. And Maxwell, I have been called worse but what I value is your lives, I would rather we work together. In that way we should be greater than the creatures who caused this whole mess. I am sorry, Let us now engage in jolly cooperation as we all get out. "

He motions to Tobongo and Tallina " Your companion there is quite strong, I'll give him a drink when we reach the surface. I also thank you for following my lead though you did not have to. To my knowledge we have someone who has terrible burns to the eyes, A lady with her leg horribly wounded, a man with his ribs cracked and many who succumbed to the fall... Friend Gundahar... I wish to make a burial for them, If we had more time. His face solemn for the first time.

As the loud man proclaims he takes to the suggestion of honey over vinegar. " Clearly this man deserves to be transported home safely, his injuries may not be as brutal or he might have gotten lucky, but they are no less real. If he offers us payment, It would be rude to deny him, especially if he is doing it out of good faith; Even moreso if he were Abadaran, for that is the utmost devotion and praise for them. Sir Horgus Swerm, You shall be protected and escorted wherever you need, I only ask you cooperate with those who wish to help you. "

With that all settled he approaches near the spider corpse noting the chewing sounds and placing the facts together. " Now the last portion of business, We have to leave eventually when everyone is well and whatever is inside this creature I would not following us or going after the remains of the noble ones who died here. I want to settle this now. ", pulling out a red flask, he pours it upon the spider corpse it lighting on fire. His shield ready in his right hand.

Alchemist Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Verim you owe me a diplomacy check. Make it good.

As Verim approaches the spiders courpse, three white, worm-like creatures erupt from the body with a wet ripping noise and a faint smell or rotting meat. I moved Verim back to where he would be when they triggered.

DC 11 Knowledge: Nature:

Giant Maggots

Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

So I have the knowledge check to know what they are, I'm not going to look them up, do I have a high enough check to ask a question about the creatures?


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Lol, Your asking for alot. I assume he is just assisting the chicks, he isn't going to make it himself, he's not stupid. But okay, I would have to roll a 20

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Verim says it passingly but as he readies to pour the flask his combat senses kick in as sickening vermin erupt.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


One question.


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

What kinds of special attacks might these creatures have? Can't say what they are yet because I have not acted in initiative yet. Since Tobongo only acts on my orders as a free action will he act on my turn or will he have his own initiative? I ask because different gm's run it differently and I should have asked sooner I apologize.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Let the Smashin'ing commence!

Verim reels back, tightening his grip on his shield and lacing it in such a way as to provide him with enough protection.

" Well, Well. I guess the vermin were a little larger than I thought they would be! Don't worry I shall put them out of their misery... Then burn the remains. Anyone who can fight protect the rest. "

Vermin rushes the creature in front of him with a his shield, Emblazoned with the symbol of Arqueros and then takes an immediate snap-reaction punch with his cestus, being careful not to crack the vial in his hand from the impact.

Twin Heavy Shield Bash: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 121d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Twin Cestus Strike (Piercing): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 161d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

All on one unless that would drop it, then place one on the topmost creature with a 5ft step


Tallina Kapok wrote:
What kinds of special attacks might these creatures have? Can't say what they are yet because I have not acted in initiative yet. Since Tobongo only acts on my orders as a free action will he act on my turn or will he have his own initiative? I ask because different gm's run it differently and I should have asked sooner I apologize.

Tallina:

Once per day, a giant maggot can empty its putrid stomach upon one creature within 5 feet. The target must make a Fortitude save or be sickened for 1 minute (or until the target spends a full-round action with at least a gallon of water to wash.

Talking during combat:

PRD wrote:

Speak

In general, speaking is a free action that you can perform even when it isn't your turn.

You can talk out of turn, but keep it to one or two sentences.

Verim: The maggot writhes in agony, but continues to move.

Laris: I will post the results of the diplomacy check after combat resolves.


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Ah very good then

"Verim, watch out, these giant maggots can empty their stomach in your direction. It is rather revolting."

Tallina draws her heavy wooden shield and prepares to cast a spell to summon water on anyone unfortunate enough to be regurgitated on while urging Tobongo to fight.

"Tobongo, cover Verim's left."

Tobongo Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15Command: Defend Verim

Tobongo Slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Tallina is readying an action to cast Create Water on anyone that gets covered in puke.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim gives Tallina a sideways glance and nods giving a big thumbs up with his left hand " Right! Wouldn't be my first time catching upchuck in the face.. This time they are just rude and won't offer prayers to Cayden then! Whoa there -" resuming his combat stance as a maggot leaps up only to collide with his shield at the last moment " I guess I need to be a bit careful, Heh! C'mon Tobongo! Lets show them the ol' Smash and bash"


Male Human Warpriest 3

Initiative Roll: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Heavy Flail: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Critical Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage No Crit: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage With Crit: 2d10 + 8 ⇒ (2, 7) + 8 = 17

Maxwell touches the man's shoulder again. "Take a few steps back, but don't worry. They're mere insects, from the look of it..." he says as he squeezes his weapon tightly.

Taking a few quick steps forward he swings the weapon up from behind his right side in a golf-like fashion, smashing into one quite hard. It's apparent that despite his moody demeanor, Maxwell most certainly isn't a stranger to combat.

When my Initiative comes up, I obliterate a maggot. Whichever one is closest.


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 18/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"Maggots... really?" Luci snidely remarked as they burst out of the spider corpse. Deciding not to waste any time, she runs towards the nearest one, bringing her sword down on it.

Attack (charging): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Forgot to close the first dice tag.


Human Bard 4 | HP:23/23 | AC 16 | Init +2 | PassivePerception 10 | S+0;D+4;C+0;I+2;W+0;Ch+6 Spells: 4/4x1st; 3/3x2nd; Bard Inspiration 4/4 (d6)

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Knowledge:Nature: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Meh

Laris draws her bow and shoots at one of the maggot creatures.
Tabongo shouldn't be there when I take the shot, in theory
Shortbow: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Is where I'm standing on difficult ground?


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Kn. Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Any weaknesses Mia remembers on these things?

Mia makes a 5ft step upwards so she's next to Laris, touching her under the guise of grabbing her thrush.
"Pardon, my bird flew next to you."
Cast Guidance: +1 to any next roll of your choosing.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Damage! Their only Weakness!


Moving with speed and precision, Laris draws her bow and puts an arrow into he northernmost maggot. A second later, the treant slams into the nearest worm, which begins to spasm and thrash about, as Tallina shouts a warning and readies her magic. Verim deftly dispatches the maggot Tobongo struck, before stepping forward and slashing the next worm. Mia's bird, Tjip, panics in the confusion as Mia attempts to calm him down.

Reacting to the noise and and pain more than anything else, both maggots react by regurgitating half-digested spider on their attacker before Maxwell smashes the northernmost maggot into past and Luciana nearly slices the other worm in half. Direly wounded, the worm begins to thrash about.

I need two fortitude saves from Verim. If either fail, Tallina's cantrip will wash the vomit away, leaving Verim sickened for only a single round. Only one maggot continues to move.

Mia:

No special weaknesses. You have one more question


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

These maggots, what specific creature will they mature into if left unchecked?


Mia Rumsfield wrote:
These maggots, what specific creature will they mature into if left unchecked?

Mia:

Giant Flies

1 to 50 of 2,314 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightbringer's Wrath of the Righteous Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.