Wrath of the Righteous

Game Master Vinsomner

Dare you confront the Abyss?

Kenabres


1,801 to 1,850 of 2,314 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

Wendaug did accompany you, but took up a position outside, keeping watch from nearby. There are no mongrelmen among the cultists. If the cultists upstairs get involved, it will be with Tobongo; I doubt they can do much through his DR. I was leaving them out of combat for now.


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 18/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

Knew I should've made a post last night before going to bed; might've gotten Luci into a better position before Verim made the "Roll initiative, b++#%!" call. Enemy's literally one square out of her melee range - she's had to do a double-move to get to where she is on the map. Shame Pathfinder doesn't have something like Blood Bowl's Go For It! rolls or Dreadball's Dash.

Luci quickly moved up the stairs as she heard Verim make his dramatic reveal that they weren't actually cultists, drawing her sword in the process.


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

quick two questions. 1 do we really need to keep the tower intact, and 2 how thick are the walls?

-Posted with Wayfinder


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Well its depends, can you survive Tower falling down on you?


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

I meant more as in Tobongo smash with his double damage against objects ability.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Oh Im well aware, I'm just reminding you e are underground rather than above if you intended him to say, smash through the ground. Another thing being this place was not originally a cultist made area so it is not necessarily the building's fault


Male Human Warpriest 3

Walking up beside Verim, Maxwell smirks as they blew their cover so quickly, taking the luxury of drawing his weapon as soon as the surprise had settled in. He hadn't imagined they'd gotten to it so quickly, and hadn't had his weapon ready.

However, he doesn't waste any time touching the back of Verim's shoulder and surging him with a vibrant, destructive force not unlike a rage.

Destruction Blessing - +2 damage on damage rolls for 1 minute.


Tallina Kapok wrote:

I meant more as in Tobongo smash with his double damage against objects ability.

-Posted with Wayfinder

The floor is hewn stone, so 540 hp to put a 5x5 hole in the floor. Then we check to see if more collapses.


Backing into the corner, Faxom begins chanting, drawing the sign of Baphomet in the air in crimson flame before throwing the symbol at Verim. Even should I die here, my soul goes to join my master. I will only be reborn in his service.

DC 17 will save Verim


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Bestow Curse


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Bestow Curse is a touch attack did he roll to hit first?


I missed the touch attack part. Instead of backing up, Faxom will cast defensively, and use combat expertise

Concentration: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

A miss, but he holds the charge.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim dodges out of the way ready for the strike and throws two of his own at the man. His skin takes on a darker hue once more as a smile creeps wider across his face. " Well you didnt give up, Let's do this the hard way! I hope your as good a dancer as the bow angel above "

Twin Ragin' Destructive Shield Bash: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Twin Ragin' Destructive Scythe Reap: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 162d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8

5ft Step; Rage, Full attack, Attacks count as good and do an additional 1d6 each against evil outsiders. Not sure if they mean the subtype or just in general.

Good Damage (if applicable): 1d6 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 1

That Hex is gunna help alot with Verim's Accuracy


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Getting down the staircase was tough enough work as the others were rushing ahead. Seeing the fight Tallina used a little bit of her simplest magic.

"Phlare!"

Spell Flare, DC 14 Fort Negates. Dazzled if he fails.


Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Faxon staggers under Verim's assault, barely seeming to notice the sudden flash of light.

Laris is up, then back to the to of the initiative.


Human Bard 4 | HP:23/23 | AC 16 | Init +2 | PassivePerception 10 | S+0;D+4;C+0;I+2;W+0;Ch+6 Spells: 4/4x1st; 3/3x2nd; Bard Inspiration 4/4 (d6)

Laris moves down into the room and starts to sing.

Move Action + Inspired Rage


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

A spirit would rise up from Verim's form, a woman in heavily clad armor and wielding a massive polearm in one hand. It lances toward Faxon with ghostly vigor and slashes away leaving a cold touch to the bone.

Spiritual Rex Hasta: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Now it the top 3 and then Faxon again


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

With the hex's duration expired, Mia throws another -2 AC Hex at the tiefling.

"Be happy all you want at your master's side, you'll not succeed here."


Male Human Warpriest 3

Ranseur: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Maxwell makes a shoddy attempt to pierce the man after moving toward him, but has yet to become fully accustomed to the weight and methods of using his new piece of equipment. He pulls it back rather swiftly, gripping it tightly in both of his hands and gritting his teeth.


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 18/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

Realising this guy was a spellcaster, Luci wanted to quickly neutralise the threat. Mages could be a serious force multiplier with the right spells so had made sure to always remember one of the tactical lessons she'd learnt in training; eliminate the mage first.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

So sue me; I've been playing Shadowrun lately. :P

Ironically as a mage. And I discovered last session just how dangerous spirits can be in 5e.


I've been reading the 5.0 rules for the past couple of days.

Verim's Spirit finishes of Faxom with a solid blow, leaving the tiefling twitching on the ground at his feet.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

The spirit jabbed into his very essence and dropped the Tiefling, after which it looks to the rest of th party unbeknownst to Verim and gives a appreciative armless Bow in such spirit armor, then dissipates. Verim's hue lasts a while longer than normal ut only becos a shade lighter, much of the influence still there.

" AND KISS THE GROUND! HarHAR! I think my plan worked perfectly, and better yet, no one got hurt.. will except him. " Verim gestures to Faxon. " Patch him up so he doesnt bleed out and lets check on those papers he was readin' might be important y'know? I'll inspect The pile of loot and this door. I hope I find my real shield soon, most likely after this whole thing went down some merchant stole it.. Hah With my luck at least! "

Verim stretches a little Inspecting the area before opening the southern door to peer into there.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Mia looks at the twitching body of the tiefling briefly when Verim starts his cheerful boasting.
"Patch him up? Did you know he was about to curse you? Curses are nighly irremovable, only by powerful magics."


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim looks to Mia still pretty good about himself, " Well, it seems Little Sis Mia is looking out for Ol' Verim already! I dont know much about magicks so I assumed it was like any soul-rending spell, right? Making him not bleed out is the least could do. And remember.. Wendaug put an arrow or two in me, can't be any worse. Now help me see if there is any magic down here " Verim searches Faxon's broken form while he's at it.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

"Wendaug was flirting with you, there's a difference. Or would you care to hear what a curse can do?", *cheeky smile*.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

" Hey, maybe I just didnt give Faxon time to do so yet, Harhar. They say my cheerful nature and rough appearance has some charm. I've heard things from women that might as well have been a curse, so enlighten m. What can a curse do? Lose a limb? Stop hair growth? Grow a head?.... Can't be all that bad as being dead eh?" Verim says as he rifles through Faxon's things ad desk as a distraction.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

>.<'.....

Perception 20:

One could swear the thrush popping up facepalmed itself.

"It makes your concentration be horrible permanently, weaken you seriously or vulnerable as a granny. Those are not even the worst."


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Verim raises hs eyebrows and whistles, " That DOES sound bad. Sounds like forced retirement to me and Granny Verim isnt without any kids yet to visit him. Good thing he missed then. But who knows maybe it wont do anything, I'm cursed with charisma already!"


Female Demon-Blooded Tiefling | AC16 FF15 T11 CMD15 | HP 18/18 | F7 R4 W7 Paladin 2

"What if you were cursed with a crippling fear of women? Or if all alcohol tasted like ash? Or both? You shouldn't take curses lightly - there was a guy I trained with who ended up with a curse where he'd turn into a girl whenever he got splashed with water. He could turn back easy enough, but he still found it frustrating. Among other things; I've seen quite clearly that properly-sized armour does not work well when the wearer changes shape inside it."

Luci looked down at the cultist leader.

"I don't like the idea, but we should heal him. I'm no expert, but I wouldn't be surprised if that spell of his was lost when he got knocked out. Either way, I'll be ready."

With that, she moved to stand above him, with her sword aimed at his neck.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Smirk @ Ranma reference.

Mia doesn't look to happy, but stabilizes him.
She rips off a part of the tiefling's clothing to use as bandage.
1st aid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

She rips more of his clothes apart to tie him up as best she can at the wrists, ankles and legs, resulting in the tiefling looking more like a bum in rags than some cultist.

"You do realize that, if he has it, any messaging spell can be used to call for his pals, right?"


Male Human Warpriest 3

"All the more reason we look through this door over here before we bring him back to the conscious world, right?" he explains. "What's to stop us from just telling the guards outside that he wants a word with them and bonking them on the heads as they pass by?" he asks.

"And if that's too churlish for the present company, then let's have a look beyond this door before we do anything else." he points out as he meanders towards the next door and opens it, bracing for impact.


Maxwell walks over to the doors and attempts to open them, only to realize they are locked.

Mia:
There are two keys on a leather thong around Faxon's neck.


Female Half Elf AC 15/FF 15/T 11| HP 35 (39)/35 (39)| CMD 16| Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +9 Druid 4

Looking over the tiefling, Tallina whistles.

"He'll be feeling this when he wakes up. Perhaps we should gag him then to prevent him from casting spells that require him to simply speak."

She looks around the room for anything the tiefling my have hidden.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34

-Posted with Wayfinder


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

"Agreed :)"

The tiefling is now missing more cloth as it is now a gag.


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim laughs " I'm already scared of women! I got the fear of your gender from my mom. I'm just naturally used to the abuse ! I'm always wary. The Ash thing is depressing but I dont think 'ol Verim would make for a good looking woman. "

Seeing the door locked as he had thought Verim pestered Mia. " Hey you find some keys on the guy? "


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

"Nope, maybe on his desk?"


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Is she bluffing him? Or did you miss the part where the GM told you which technically I should have gotten because I checked both his body and the door..?


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Aw, totally missed it.

"Hah, fooled you XD. No, this pervert was wearing 2 keys, around his neck held together by women's underwear. Eww....."


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

I assumed so

Verim smirked, " Now Now Mia, let's not go demeaning the man for his tastes. That Thong might have belonged to his precious. A very important keepsake... or some random cultist woman.. who knows? Either way Let's see what behind Door number 1. Don't want Maxwell to hurt himself when we don't have to. " Verim goes and picks up the two keys and try them on the door before allowing Maxwell to open up.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Mia looks with a look of surprise......then to the other women in the team, as if to look for support in her point.

"Underwear, keepsake or not, isn't kept around your neck."


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim places his arms out to his sides with a shrug. " And Chainmail with the leather jerkin doesn't make for good nightclothes but Don't tell a person from Nidal that or a Kuthite. It was made of leather, maybe he was into.. something else... ? Something along the lines of what you insinuated with Wendaug previously. I don't judge. I know not the way of the cultist. " Verim started to whistle a little.


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Raising a finger to object concerning Wendaug, she lowers it.

"Yes, yes, a poor joke that was."


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim scratches at his scarred cheek with a single finger a slight reddening appearing, " And .. not completely untrue ... *cough* "


Human Bard 4 | HP:23/23 | AC 16 | Init +2 | PassivePerception 10 | S+0;D+4;C+0;I+2;W+0;Ch+6 Spells: 4/4x1st; 3/3x2nd; Bard Inspiration 4/4 (d6)

"Enough of this foolishness, we need to keep moving before his friends come and see what the commotion is."


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim chuckles, " Such a slave-driver, I never knew you had it in ya' Laris. I'm doing work as we speak, and either way we are going to have to deal with them once we return. Before that they have to get past our Tree-friend. And I find that hard to do. Geez, act as if I didnt just knock the guy out..."

Pretty much waiting on the GM


Other Loot on Faxon:

1 wand, a high quality cloak, an impressive set of leather bracers, a mace, a heavy crossbow, and 12 bolts.

One of the keys unlocks the double doors:

This semi-circular room has been outfitted with demonic decorations. The green glass lanterns hanging over the walls give the room an eerie glow. A brazen minotaur head hangs from one wall above an altar covered with wavy-bladed knives and curved bulls' horns, while star-shaped symbols in red decorate other walls. A large wooden chest sits near the west wall.


Human Bard 4 | HP:23/23 | AC 16 | Init +2 | PassivePerception 10 | S+0;D+4;C+0;I+2;W+0;Ch+6 Spells: 4/4x1st; 3/3x2nd; Bard Inspiration 4/4 (d6)

Laris takes a quick look over Faxon's gear.

Detect Magic
Spellcraft checks on anything with the glow of magic
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Spell reserves:
Lvl 1 (4/4) Lvl 2(3/3), Heal Hex: Bianca V, Luci X, Max V, Talli V, Verim X, Wen V.
Halfling Witch lvl 4 Hp 30/30 AC 14, T13, FF 12. CMB+0, CMD12, Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +5, Init+2, Perc. +2, speed 20ft

Spellcraft on Laris' 14 rolls.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler 2 (Lvl 4) HP 38(46)[50]/38(46)[50]| AC 23(21) T 12(10) FF 21(19) | Fort +8(+10)[+11] Ref +2 Will +1(+3)| CMD 19 | Init +2 | Perception +8 : Conditions

Verim will let the rest handle whats on Faxon while he moves up opens the Chest with what he presumes the other key is for " The decorator her sure was excessive for a broken down tower. "

1,801 to 1,850 of 2,314 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightbringer's Wrath of the Righteous Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.