We be Goblin(?) Kings, Kingmaker

Game Master Freddy Honeycutt

What happens when the heroes chartered to explore the Stolen lands make treaties with locals and end up dead with the charter passing into the hands of goblins???

The Old map of the greenbelt

Hex map for exploration


551 to 600 of 617 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

M Goblin Unchained Rogue 1/Admixture Evoker 1 | HP: 18/18| AC: 18 (16 T, 13 FF) | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3

Yes! Where da bear?


M Goblin Unchained Rogue 1/Admixture Evoker 1 | HP: 18/18| AC: 18 (16 T, 13 FF) | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3

.


Brawler (WC1) HP 12/12 | AC 16/T11/FL15 | Fort 4/ Ref 3/Will 0 | Perc +6, Init +1 | Monty HP 15/15 | AC 15/T14/FL12 | Fort 4/Ref 6/ Will 1 | Perc +1, Int +3

Sarhashil stares down at them and hisses at the ratfolk's rather rude summation of his kind. "I am not a coward, kck kck kck. I merely know when to let others fight." he said angrily.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Perlavish smiles and smokes his pipe....
"Would one of you like to try some pipe?"

"Sorry we were working really hard on trying to make something scary."

Jhod does not know what to make of the precocious fey, he extends his hand and tries a puff of the long pipe....


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 4 / Trapper 2 | hp 41/41 | AC19 T15 FF 15 CMD 14 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +7 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (+3 vs traps) D.D +15 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/5, Fervor 1d6 3/4 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith | Level 2 : Cat's Grace

Looking at Sarhashil.

"No offense intented my friend. I was merely comparing the false and nasty rumors of our races to the one of the fairies."

Noticing that Perlavish was avoiding direct answers to his question, Colvyn waited a few moments so that he could see Jhod reaction to the pipe.


M Goblin Unchained Rogue 1/Admixture Evoker 1 | HP: 18/18| AC: 18 (16 T, 13 FF) | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3

Gufi wasn't used to smoking pipes, but he asks for it and takes a giant hit, then coughs.

Good stuff!

He takes a more measured puff, and actually does OK.

This stuff make you dizzy!

He hands it to whoever wants it next.


Mite Cleric of The One Below 2; 25/25 hp

"Quuroog already dizzy, not need pipe."


M Goblin Unchained Rogue 1/Admixture Evoker 1 | HP: 18/18| AC: 18 (16 T, 13 FF) | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3

No wonder they so goofy with their prankses.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Perlavish "Well if you have some better ideas...."


M Goblin Unchained Rogue 1/Admixture Evoker 1 | HP: 18/18| AC: 18 (16 T, 13 FF) | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3

We're looking for Jhod's god. Where it at?


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The fey know the temple area, and they spend the evening at your camp after giving you directions and another warning about the bear who lives there.....

The next day the fey are gone and you have a ride to get to the place they mentioned....


M Goblin Unchained Rogue 1/Admixture Evoker 1 | HP: 18/18| AC: 18 (16 T, 13 FF) | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3

Giddyup!


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 4 / Trapper 2 | hp 41/41 | AC19 T15 FF 15 CMD 14 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +7 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (+3 vs traps) D.D +15 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/5, Fervor 1d6 3/4 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith | Level 2 : Cat's Grace

Colvyn start picking up his stuff after a night rest.

"So we go see the temple? Good! But I would lime to just get a look. I don't want to face that bear without my Eidolon."

Thinking about what the fey said last night.

"I'm curious, he also mention something about giant frogs at the start of the river and some traps north of here. Maybe we could go see those too."

Swapping protection from evil to shield of faith


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

The directions of the fey lead you into the ...

Deep in the woods of hex D6…

You can make out the cliff beyond but right now it is a thicket of brambles that faces you. No matter how you look at this area all you see is a thicket of untold proportion filling the area behind this steep cliff.

Perception / Survival / tracking DC 12

Spoiler:
in the area around the dense thicket you find the large tracks of a bear


M Goblin Unchained Rogue 1/Admixture Evoker 1 | HP: 18/18| AC: 18 (16 T, 13 FF) | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3

percep: 10 + 3 = 13

Thar's a bar what's been har!

Gufi draws his blade and looks all around.


Mite Cleric of The One Below 2; 25/25 hp

Quuroog will try to climb to a vantage point where she can see the lay of the land better than from the ground.


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 4 / Trapper 2 | hp 41/41 | AC19 T15 FF 15 CMD 14 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +7 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (+3 vs traps) D.D +15 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/5, Fervor 1d6 3/4 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith | Level 2 : Cat's Grace

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Colvyn instinctively take out his hand crossbow and start loading it but freeze when he look at the bolt. His eyes going back and forth between the big bear tracks and the tiny bolt. Changing his mind, he put away the weapon and take his heavy pick out.

"We are just taking a look see, right?"

Waiting to see if Quuroog will have a better view from the tree, Colvyn tries to find a path in the thicket of brambles.


M Goblin Unchained Rogue 1/Admixture Evoker 1 | HP: 18/18| AC: 18 (16 T, 13 FF) | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3

Gufi stays close to Colvyn. Bears are big. I hope it's not hungry!


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Colvyn spots a strange discrepancy in the thicket, around the side he spots an opening into a narrow tunnel, that is tall enough for a man to walk through and wide enough for a horse. But you have to be at just the right spot and staring intently to even see the passage....


M Goblin Unchained Rogue 1/Admixture Evoker 1 | HP: 18/18| AC: 18 (16 T, 13 FF) | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3

You wanna go in there? I don't wanna go in there...


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 4 / Trapper 2 | hp 41/41 | AC19 T15 FF 15 CMD 14 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +7 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (+3 vs traps) D.D +15 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/5, Fervor 1d6 3/4 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith | Level 2 : Cat's Grace

"I want to wait and see what Quuroog will see from the tree."

Colvyn start to move toward opening.

"You know, if this is the only way in and out of the thicket. We could try to install traps in there and fight it from the edge while keeping it in there. It wouldn't be able to move to defend..."


Mite Cleric of The One Below 2; 25/25 hp

If Quuroog cannot see anything from her vantage point, she will continue to move through the tree canopy to get a better point of view. She has a climb speed of 20' and modifier of +11 if you need to roll for her to keep her footing.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Q finds the trees increasing hostile and covered in thorns...

Though a clearing of the trees is visible inside the thicket....

Jhod:"If this is the place then I must go in...there is magic of my god in this thicket and in this hidden way."


Mite Cleric of The One Below 2; 25/25 hp

"These trees are mean! I see clear space inside - I will see if I see bear! Wait there, I will distract him." Oh, does bear climb trees, too? We'll see!

She continues climbing, slowing down to avoid thorns. She has mild DR, anyway, but I picture moving slowly should allow passage like through caltrops.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

As Q goes through the treetops the others are heading through the hidden path to the interior of the thicket..

Temple of the elk

The thick tangle of brambles gives way into a large clearing in the woods, its border partially defined by ruined stone pillars. The western face of the clearing is dominated by a looming, upthrust ridge of rock, nearly 300 feet across and rising to a moss-topped height of 100 feet at the center.

The side of this towering boulder facing the clearing has been carved in the likeness of an immense elk, its antlers drooping down from its weathered face to frame a 50-footwide cave entrance. A flight of stone steps leads up to this cave entrance from the forest clearing—both the steps and elk face feel quite old and are thickly encrusted with layers of moss.

A 50-foot-long oval pool sits in the middle of the clearing, its waters thick with algae.

Like many ancient things, the Temple of the Elk lies forgotten in the forest depths. Travelers can easily bypass the overgrown temple, which is surrounded by numerous thorny plants


Mite Cleric of The One Below 2; 25/25 hp

Are we coming from the top of the map or from the right?

Quuroog whispers, "Oh, so big!" as the temple comes into her view.


M Goblin Unchained Rogue 1/Admixture Evoker 1 | HP: 18/18| AC: 18 (16 T, 13 FF) | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3

What's in there? Anything?


Mite Cleric of The One Below 2; 25/25 hp

"Quuroog sees no bear yet. Does Jhod's god like big deer? Go in, you see. Quuroog will watch for bear."

Quuroog will hold her position where she can see the clearing and will shout when she sees a bear, both to inform her friends and to distract the bear from them.


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 4 / Trapper 2 | hp 41/41 | AC19 T15 FF 15 CMD 14 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +7 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (+3 vs traps) D.D +15 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/5, Fervor 1d6 3/4 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith | Level 2 : Cat's Grace

Colvyn slowly goes through the hidden path trying to remain unseen.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Once through, he tries to see any advantage he can get from the terrain to fight the bear if it comes to that.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


M Goblin Unchained Rogue 1/Admixture Evoker 1 | HP: 18/18| AC: 18 (16 T, 13 FF) | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3

Gufi follows Colvyn, his little rapier drawn.

Right behind you, Slick! Gotcher back.

stealth: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

percep: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Temple of the Elk

The hidden passage through the thorns enters on the far right of the map. Q is more to the top center of the map.

Most people are sharp enough to notice that there are many sets of bear tracks in the mud of the area, and that a cave entrance is nearby....

2+2=bear's den


Brawler (WC1) HP 12/12 | AC 16/T11/FL15 | Fort 4/ Ref 3/Will 0 | Perc +6, Init +1 | Monty HP 15/15 | AC 15/T14/FL12 | Fort 4/Ref 6/ Will 1 | Perc +1, Int +3

Sarhashil hisses as he sits atop his mount near Quuroog "I do not like to sneakies, just like I do not like to be sneakied. I shall help from here" he said confident he can get into the fight when needed.


Mite Cleric of The One Below 2; 25/25 hp

Sharhashil is riding his mount in the tree?


Brawler (WC1) HP 12/12 | AC 16/T11/FL15 | Fort 4/ Ref 3/Will 0 | Perc +6, Init +1 | Monty HP 15/15 | AC 15/T14/FL12 | Fort 4/Ref 6/ Will 1 | Perc +1, Int +3

On the ground around the tree


Mite Cleric of The One Below 2; 25/25 hp

She's using the tree to circumvent the bramble wall by climbing up and over. I suppose you could go through the path with the others to take up a position on the ground under her tree...


M Goblin Unchained Rogue 1/Admixture Evoker 1 | HP: 18/18| AC: 18 (16 T, 13 FF) | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3

Guf's still stealthing.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

As Jhod approachs the pool of brackish water a Bear lumbers out of the cave at the far end of the area.

Knowledge nature/handle animal DC 17

Spoiler:
: This bear is obviously not healthy in some way.

The bear growls throatily, roars a long warbbeling roar and charges!

Feral speech or speak with animal

Spoiler:
”With Taldor’s fall, I worshiped any who would answer my call!”


Mite Cleric of The One Below 2; 25/25 hp

Quuroog yells out at the sight of the bear.

"Thereitisthereitisthereitis! The bear! It was in the cave! Watch out!"


M Goblin Unchained Rogue 1/Admixture Evoker 1 | HP: 18/18| AC: 18 (16 T, 13 FF) | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3

nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Yipes!

That bear ain't right.

If it's within 15', Gufi will cast Color Spray, hoping to stun it.

Will DC 15


Brawler (WC1) HP 12/12 | AC 16/T11/FL15 | Fort 4/ Ref 3/Will 0 | Perc +6, Init +1 | Monty HP 15/15 | AC 15/T14/FL12 | Fort 4/Ref 6/ Will 1 | Perc +1, Int +3

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Sarhashil squeals out a warning as he gets a good look at the bear "Don't let it bite ya, it might be sick" he says before him and his steed come charging in.


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 4 / Trapper 2 | hp 41/41 | AC19 T15 FF 15 CMD 14 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +7 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (+3 vs traps) D.D +15 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/5, Fervor 1d6 3/4 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith | Level 2 : Cat's Grace

I knew it... We are going to have to fight it without my Eidolon.

Moving out of the shadow Colvyn start summoning a creature to help with the fight.

5/6 Summon Monster 1

Trying to make it appear between Jhod and the bear so to protect Jhod from the charging bear.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Jhod quickly casts barkskin on himself turning his soft flesh to hard bark, though given time a bear can even mangle a tree....

The bear growls throatily, roars a long warbbeling roar and charges!
Feral speech or speak with animal

Spoiler:
”With Taldor’s fall, I worshiped any who would answer my call!”

VS Color Spray
Saves 1d20 ⇒ 14 Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +2

The bear saves!

Continues to charge right into Colvyn's summoned monster!
@ Meat shield monster #1
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
claw 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
claw 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 171d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
The bear is sickened so initiative is not needed

You are up!


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 4 / Trapper 2 | hp 41/41 | AC19 T15 FF 15 CMD 14 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +7 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (+3 vs traps) D.D +15 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/5, Fervor 1d6 3/4 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith | Level 2 : Cat's Grace

Happy to see that the summon got the brunt the charge and not Jhod, Colvyn tries to move into a flanking position. From there he then summon another celestial dog to attack the bear.

4/6 Summon Monster 1

The dog charges the bear hoping to get it's attention so that the others can get in position.

Bite: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24
Confirm: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


M Goblin Unchained Rogue 1/Admixture Evoker 1 | HP: 18/18| AC: 18 (16 T, 13 FF) | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3

Seeing the summoned dogs, Gufi positions himself to flank one, and attacks.

sneak attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28

crit?: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12No.

dmg: 1d4 - 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) - 1 + (1) = 1

Remind me to never get in melee, even a sneak attack on a sickened bear.


Brawler (WC1) HP 12/12 | AC 16/T11/FL15 | Fort 4/ Ref 3/Will 0 | Perc +6, Init +1 | Monty HP 15/15 | AC 15/T14/FL12 | Fort 4/Ref 6/ Will 1 | Perc +1, Int +3

Sarhashil charges in and Snarff smashes against the bear, while Sarhashil tries to dig his blade in it's side.

Charging bite: 1d20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 3 = 21

Damage if hit: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Stab: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Damage if hit: 1d3 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1


Mite Cleric of The One Below 2; 25/25 hp

Did the saves for the bear include the -2 for being sickened? Just checking.

Quuroog casts doom on the bear. Will DC 14 or shaken; I think it stacks with sickened. If not, she will begin the spell to summon another meat shield.


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Johod moves in and unbelievably punches the bear!

"I can give and get with the best of them!"

Melee wooden fist
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Just a note on a natural 20 you do not have to confirm the critical or roll damage, just double the damage


M somewhat akin to a kender Y / MA

Bear Saves 1d20 ⇒ 11 Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +2
Yes these saves include the bear being sick...
Versus Doom
failed the save!

Random attack generator
1d5 ⇒ 5
1=Colvin
2=Gufi
3=Quuroog
4=Sarhashil
5=Jhod

@Jhod
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
claw 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 101d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
claw 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

You are up!


Male Ratfolk Warpriest 4 / Trapper 2 | hp 41/41 | AC19 T15 FF 15 CMD 14 | Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +7 | Init +4 | Perc +13 (+3 vs traps) D.D +15 (+2 vs Traps) S.M. +2 Darkvision 60ft | Move 20 Ft | Condition:
Spoiler:
Blessing: 4/5, Fervor 1d6 3/4 Prepared Spell : Level 0 : Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize | Level 1 : Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith | Level 2 : Cat's Grace

Colvyn summoned dog attack again while flanking.

Bite: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Seeing a opportunity to flank with Sarhashil, Colvyn attack the bear with his heavy pick.

Heavy Pick: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 = 10
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


M Goblin Unchained Rogue 1/Admixture Evoker 1 | HP: 18/18| AC: 18 (16 T, 13 FF) | CMB: -2, CMD: 13 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +5 | Perc: +3

Gufi flanks again. Sorry, bear. It's you or us.

flank: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22

dmg: 1d4 - 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) - 1 + (3) = 4

551 to 600 of 617 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / We be Goblin(?) Kings; Kingmaker All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.