Walking the Way of the Wicked

Game Master divineshadow

Loot!!!!!!!

Map!!!!!


301 to 350 of 594 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera looks to the others:
Why would they be sealing someone behind a brick wall? That does not really sound like something that the good Mitran worshippers of this land would condone.

She considers for a few minutes.

If we are to get him out, we need to do so fast. We have several bodies upstairs and who knows when some patrolling guard will come in and find the bodies. We can probably carve through the mortar using a dagger or sword. However, that is going to take a while. A better option is to search the upper level for a hammer or crowbar that we can use to smash the wall. In addition, as I mentioned, we should probably make sure that all the guards above have been silenced so that our banging will not awaken them.


From the other side of the wall, you hear, "If none of your fellow prisonners were sappers, perhaps one worked as a mason? Most people don't begin life as criminals, I'm told."

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera looks down (she is short) to Nemenia:
See if any of the other prisoner's has any skills that might be useful. I am going to see if there is anything in the storeroom that might be helpful. Also, I want to check the barracks to see how many sleeping guards are in there.

With that, Yzera heads to the storeroom and the barracks to see what is in either of them.

Perception(storeroom): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 <-- looking for rope, grappling hooks (or anything that could be used to hook to the inside of the brick wall), hammers, anvil's axes, crowbars, or other items useful for destroying a brick wall

Stealth(barracks): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Perception(barracks): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


N Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 4 | AC 18/15/13 | HP 31/31 | F+3,R+9,W+4 | Init.+7 | Perc.+8/+10* to traps | Sneak Attack (2d6) | CMD 17 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

"Checking the storeroom makes sense," Breeze nods as she follows along, and also looks through the collection of items for something useful.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

Nemenia adds to the search. "Call out what you find whether it is useful or not... we cannot know what might be useful to each other."

Perc: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Dark Archive

The storeroom is locked up tight. You will need to either pick pick lock or procure the key. As for the barracks there are 8 men sleeping and 4 out of armor playing stones.


Female Human 1 Bard (sandman)

Alleria follows along with the group while considering what they should do next.


Female Sylph Wizard; HP 8/8; AC 13 Flat 10 Touch 13; Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6; (+2AC vs. mundane ranged attacks) (-2 saves vs. non-spells/SLAs)

"If I had that sort of magic, I wouldn't have gotten caught," Lauren said regretfully. As the others left, she remained keeping watch outside the brick wall and taking the time to cast a protective ward on herself despite the ever-present choking force that made magic difficult. Sus served as an advance guard at the top of the stairs, ready to alert his mistress if anything happened.

rolls:
Repeatedly attempting Mage Armor until she succeeds.
Concentration 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Fort 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Concentration 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Fort 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Concentration 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Fort 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"I'm Lauren, incidentally. Wizard, although it's blazing near impossible to cast in here. I'm presuming you'll be more than happy to exact a bit of vengeance on Blackerly and company? Anyone worth this much security, I'd love to see in action."


N Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 4 | AC 18/15/13 | HP 31/31 | F+3,R+9,W+4 | Init.+7 | Perc.+8/+10* to traps | Sneak Attack (2d6) | CMD 17 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

Disable device 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Breeze uses her lock picks and tries to get into the storeroom.


(Your Name Here)

Ilan says, "Do you have some sort of magic to knick those 4 out? If they're all asleep I imagine the cat and I can make easy work of them."

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera looks at the new escapees.

We can simply charge in. With any luck all four gamers will be down before they know what hit them. They are sitting and out of their armor. A spell would be good, but as we have discovered, Lauren seems to have a tough time using magic here.


(Your Name Here)

Ilan shrugs, "I'd hate to wake the sleepers duringvthe struggle.... Though maybe a few of the others still in the cells would like a chance to help..."

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

But, do we know why they are in their cells? I doubt all of them are forsaken. How do we know that some might not immediately alert the guards?

Right now there appear to be twelve guards in the barracks. Eight are asleep and four are without armor and playing a game. We rush in and hit them hard. If we wake a few of the others, that is a risk. However, even if we awaken them, they are also without armor and lying down. They will need to get up and get their weapons. And, even then they are still without armor.

I would like more help, but without knowing who is in the cells, it is dangerous. How do we not know that one might be a Mitran Inquisitor who slept with a Lord's daughter and got stuck here as punishment. Or one might be a plant seeking information about a cell mate. Letting them out is risky at best. If we are to do it, we should have a plan of how to use them and be prepared for any who do not wish to attack the prison.

Dark Archive

Will post storage room contents later....

But as you open the story room you see another door this one made of bronze at the back of the store room.


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

Eyeing the bronze door, the beauty says: "Well, that is interesting. Breeze, care to try the lock on that one?"

Dark Archive

Okay contents of the room.

A rack containing a set of brands you all recognize. And a brass brazire to heat them in loaded with coals.

18 100 gal Barrels 6 of which are marked emergency rations. Two have taps in them and rest sideways on x shaped legs.

10 50 gallon barrels

10 20 gallon barrels.

200 torches

20 bullseye lanterns.

40 50ft ropes Half of them appear worn.

12 guard uniform

2 dozen signal Horns


(Your Name Here)

Ilan says, "I suppose there's that.. But then, I bet anyone who'd snitch would be turned on by those who want out of here... or, better still, revenge. Still, considering all those committing high crimes get shipped out to the mines or executed, you have a point."


N Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 4 | AC 18/15/13 | HP 31/31 | F+3,R+9,W+4 | Init.+7 | Perc.+8/+10* to traps | Sneak Attack (2d6) | CMD 17 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

Breeze gives out a summary of what she sees in the storeroom, but as most good theives, her sttention immediately turned to the strange bronze door. "I doubt there's any in between with that one. Either something really good or really bad is back there. And I intend on finding out what."

Perception for traps 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

If located, this is for attempting to disable it. If not, this is for opening the door

Disable Device 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Female Human 1 Bard (sandman)

Alleria stands back as Breeze checks the door, while tapping her chin with her forefinger and eyeing the lanterns and rope. "Hmmm, might come in useful." she comments to herself.

Dark Archive

Breeze you jam the lock.


N Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 4 | AC 18/15/13 | HP 31/31 | F+3,R+9,W+4 | Init.+7 | Perc.+8/+10* to traps | Sneak Attack (2d6) | CMD 17 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

"Hmm, that lock wasn't so simple. I think it's broken. Does anyone have any acid?"

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera stays near the barracks nervously watching as her new greedy companions play in the storeroom while several guards sit not more than a few feet away playing stones.


(Your Name Here)

Ilan studies the door, wondering how well it would absorb sound, then nods, "Maybe your plan to rush them is best."

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera quietly nods to Ilan:
Better than having that strange door open with a loud squeak.

All, are we going to charge and attack the gambling guards?


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

"We can put those of you who are the right size into guard uniforms and have you get the drop on the gamblers that way. The rest of us wait for a signal and rush."

When the attack begins, Nemenia plans to cast murderous command on a guard with or near a horn and have him attack his allies, hoping the ally fights back. Just in case things get rolling while I'm sleeping.


N Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 4 | AC 18/15/13 | HP 31/31 | F+3,R+9,W+4 | Init.+7 | Perc.+8/+10* to traps | Sneak Attack (2d6) | CMD 17 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

Breeze was bummed about the door situation. "Might as well take out the guards and try to find a key to that door. We still have to get that one guy out of his wall cell, don't forget."


Female Human 1 Bard (sandman)

I'm down for an attack.


(Your Name Here)

Ilan says, "Less people to respond to sounds of chipping through a wall... if it comes to that."

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Lauren has not posted, but 5 of 6 seem to be down with the attack.

Yzera looks to the others:
Do we charge or attempt to use stealth? I can be stealthy, but in this case quick and hard seems to be the best option. If someone sneaks in and is seen, there goes any surprise.


N Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 4 | AC 18/15/13 | HP 31/31 | F+3,R+9,W+4 | Init.+7 | Perc.+8/+10* to traps | Sneak Attack (2d6) | CMD 17 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

"Lets hit them hard and fast, and be done with it. Hopefully, we can strike them down before they ever grab a blade."

Dark Archive

Someone kick it off....

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera nods to the others, then counts down with her fingers before silently charging in and attacking one the farthest gambler she can reach with her sword.

Surprise Round
Charge - attack, can move 30' and attack
Attack-charge-longsword: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The blade slides cleanly into the guard, perhaps not killing him, but causing a grievous wound.


Female Human 1 Bard (sandman)

Alleria charges the nearest guard she has a clear line to.

attack: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 2 = 15

damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


N Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 4 | AC 18/15/13 | HP 31/31 | F+3,R+9,W+4 | Init.+7 | Perc.+8/+10* to traps | Sneak Attack (2d6) | CMD 17 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

Breeze follows suit, brandishing her set of claws.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Damage 1d4 ⇒ 4

Plus possible sneak attack 1d6 ⇒ 6

Dark Archive

Between Starfrost and Yzera they kill one guard. Breeze takes hers without difficulty. Nemenia meanwhile casts her spell and one of the remaining guards turns on his friend. Thok walks over to one of the sleepers and smashed his skull with a rock.

I wrote this post four times had rolls and everything and it keep being eaten I hope this one sticks

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera will turn and attack whichever of the two remaining awake guards is closest. She will shift 5' step so as to gain a flank on the one she is attacking.

You chose a poor night to gamble my friends.

Move: Use Favored Target on the guard - +1 att/dam
Attack-longsword: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 27 <-- +2 flank, +1 favored target
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11

Crit: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

This time the longsword cleanly severs the guards head causing a very disturbing and almost insane look to overcome Yzera and the guards lifeblood quickly spurts forth.


(Your Name Here)

Surprise Round

Ilan races in with daggers to kill on of the gamblers, aiming for the throat both for the quick kill and to keep him silent.

Charge: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 1 = 20 for 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (3) = 8


Fitz thinks for a moment, That name is somewhat familiar, though I do not recognize it... Probably another toady with eyes on a knighthood or lesser title... I think it was linked to abuse of authority.... He shrugs, Maybe he's one of the idiots who prove their courage by taunting a brick wall... I wonder if I'll know his voice?

From behind the wall, you hear a bitter laugh, "I can't place the name, but I do have quite a few to whom I have promised vengeance... And I'm more than happy to inflict some nightmares on House Darius by tearing down their little facade of strength..."

Dark Archive

Fitz you do not know Blackerly as the wall taunts stoop decades ago when you were forgotten because you were to weak to move. However his line might ring a bell as they were minor nobility at one point.

Understudy drop the one under murderous command. Then a moment later Yzera kills the other standing guards. Some how the remaining 7 slept through it all. They are quickly dispatched. Thok discovers a barracks of cookies on one and plops down on the floor munching happily. Are you going through everything in the room?

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera looks to the others, now covered in blood and showing signs that her sanity might be returning.

Lets scan this room quickly. We need to keep moving through this place. Until all the guards have been disabled, someone remains to raise an alarm. Lets check the upstairs rooms and then post guards by the upstairs doors while we release the guy behind the wall and determine what use the other prisoner's might be.

Yzera begins to grab belt pouches and check any unlocked chests/foot lockers, turning the locked ones so that the lockpickers can get to them easily.

When she has finished her quick once over, she moves to the door watching in case anyone comes down the stairs.

Hurry up all, we don't have all night unless we want to be leaving this place in daylight.

Dark Archive

On one of the guards you find a ring of keys. You also finds 11 sets of the normal guard equipment minus the vials. And will post up the other contents of the room in a bit.


N Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 4 | AC 18/15/13 | HP 31/31 | F+3,R+9,W+4 | Init.+7 | Perc.+8/+10* to traps | Sneak Attack (2d6) | CMD 17 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

Breeze scans the barracks looking for any possible tool that might be used to free the man behind the wall. She also grabs the keys, once more thinking about that strange bronze door that she had struggled with earlier.

Dark Archive

The chests contain the following;

Ink, quill and a personal journal that reveals this week’s password “Hesterfield”

A small coin pouch with 1d6 ⇒ 4 gold in miscellaneous coinage

two decks of cards (one regular, one marked) and bag of 12 gp worth of mixed coinage.

A surprisingly well written love letter ending in a proposal of marriage to someone named ‘Michelle’ and a sapphire engagement ring worth 100 gp.

A masterwork lute (worth 100 gp).

A small supply of absolutely delicious cookies carefully wrapped in wax paper labeled ‘From Lil.’ which Thok is currently eating.

A whetstone, cleaning supplies for chain shirt, extra bowstring, and a small book of military regulations.

Two sets of peasant clothes and a short sword.

A map of the nearby town of Varyston including the Old Moor road.

A traveller’s outfit, a finely made pipe (5 gp) with a good supply (1 lb.) of high quality shag tobacco (2 gp).

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Figuring that the guard will not need it, Yzera will grab the ring and the map.

Got a map of how to get to this Moor Road. Now lets finish here and then head out.

She then heads back to the storeroom.

Lets take some of these brands and smash out one brick in the wall. Then, we push the brand through tied to a rope. Then we pull out the bricks from the inside where it is probably weakest using the rope.

Dark Archive

Hey what about us? I can help. Just get me outta here. calls on of the prisoners.


N Female Catfolk Unchained Rogue 4 | AC 18/15/13 | HP 31/31 | F+3,R+9,W+4 | Init.+7 | Perc.+8/+10* to traps | Sneak Attack (2d6) | CMD 17 | Low Light vision | Cat's Luck 1/1 day

Breeze takes both decks of cards, and grabs a short sword, thinking it would be a clever idea to have a weapon in case of an emergency.


Female Sylph Wizard; HP 8/8; AC 13 Flat 10 Touch 13; Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6; (+2AC vs. mundane ranged attacks) (-2 saves vs. non-spells/SLAs)

Lauren smirked as she heard his answer. "Well, I certainly look forward to it. You have a name?" she asked, idly waiting for the others to return.

One of the prisoners called out, asking to be rescued as well. " 'S sensible of you. Fair enough- we let you out, and you help deal with the guards and any prisoners that don't want to join our little surprise party."

Dark Archive

He looks you all over and nods. Me and the boys took up banditry never did kill nobody but they still wanna put us in here til we die. Didnt take nothing but some right nobles money. He had been talking us too hard. If you promise to help our familes we are in. Anything you need. You see eight it men nodding in agreement.


Female Human 1 Bard (sandman)

Alleria taps her chin, thinking.

Sense Motive on the prisoners: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Dark Archive

He isnt lying. These guys just want to take care of their families. What they have to do to do that they will.

301 to 350 of 594 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Path of Shadow. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.