Walking the Way of the Wicked

Game Master divineshadow

Loot!!!!!!!

Map!!!!!


51 to 100 of 594 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

Not on the gnome bonus spell list :-P (Sylvan? Bah...)Will get it eventually, at this point she communes in common like all the other 1st level priests.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yeh, I took Sylvan because of my background even though I imagine that there will be little use for it going forward.

Can always make a Linguistics check to see if we can figure out what it says if nobody speaks the tongue.

Dark Archive

Wow..... lol. ~dm falls out of chair laughing at the party~

Dark Archive

well oddly the Antipaladin doesn't speak it either but the Damhpir does so in the interest of moving the show he will translate.

It says "For the price of blood a true weapon I will be in the hour of need. "

Dark Archive

The night passes uncomfortably for everyone. Early in the day a hung over looking Blackerly staggers in. His motions are a bit jerky and his words slurred a bit beyond what a hang over should do. Well my little gnomish harlot. You have a visitor. Not sure how you got such a fine lady to visit you but you do. So no funny business. As he speaks other guards file into the room. They unchain Nemenia and drag her away.

Anyone who wants may make a sense motive check.

Nemenia:
A woman with hair the color of burnished platinum awaits you in this room. Her grab is that of one attending a funeral. Oh, dearest, I’m so relieved you’re alive! She quickly turns to Blackerly. Could we please have a moment alone, good sir? For pity’s sake? Blackerly goes blank for a bit and then quickly agrees. Of course, my lady. For you,’ tis no problem. He leaves the room. You may have another sense motive roll on him if you wish.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera looks to the others.
It is not my preferred weapon, but I can use most blades quite well. More importantly, what do you think "price of blood" means?

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

I have comprehend languages so I wasn't worried...

Spoiler:
Once the door is shut behind the guard, Nemenia says quietly with a polite smile. "I am quite glad you are relieved that I am alive. Might I hope that you are here to keep me that way? You seem to know who I am, might be best if I knew the same of you." This must be who the Imp was speaking of... no need to let her know she was expected I suppose.

Dark Archive

Nemenia:
You sense he is being controlled some how. Most likely by magic. Also are you going to say anything to the woman?

Dark Archive

Nemenia:
She smirks. Dont you remember me dearest? Call me Tiadora. We possess a mutual friend who would like to meet you and your fellow cell-mates. Unfortunately, our friend is unwilling to visit you in your present rather shabby accommodations so it seems you must escape. Don’t be so dour. Just because it’s never been done before is no reason you can’t be the first. If you manage that, cross the moors on the outskirts of town. On the old Moor Road you’ll see a manor house with a single lantern burning in the second story. There our mutual friend waits. That is all I know. He did want me to give you this. She dabs away a few fake tears and hands you a veil. A little something to remember me by...


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

Spoiler:
"Escape and come find your friend... I assure you I will do my best. Can you tell me anything of the defenses of this prison? How many guards there are? What is the quickest route out? Anything?"

Dark Archive

Nemenia:
Now that would be cheating. Besides you just need to get away. Dont worry about the defenses more than you have too. Her message delivered, she looks towards the door as the guards return. Immediately, her demeanor once more changes and she is again a perfect picture of grief. No, I can’t bear to leave you! She leans down and kisses your lips. The kiss is ice-cold and feels somehow alien and inhuman.

Blackerly shakes his head. I’m afraid it’s time, miss.

She looks deep in Blackerly’s eyes. Thank you for letting me say good-bye. There’s no need to search my dearest. You are such a good friend for letting me see my dearest one more time.

Such a good friend, Blackerly echoes dully. Then the watch sergeant seems to snap out of it and bows politely. A pleasure, madam, She leaves unveiled. Her eyes meet yours one last time and she briefly gives them a wicked smile.

As her eyes meet yours that last time you hear in your mind. Three days. Don’t dare disappoint me, dearest. The visitation concluded, you are escorted back to the cell by a cadre of guards and shackled once more.

It is now early evening. The lights in your cell dim as day makes way to night. Nemenia was returned a short time ago by the guards. As the light fades the guards leave the cell block for the night locking it. The two from last night can be heard talking in the guard room beyond. You are now alone again with only the wicked for company.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Yzera listens carefully attempting to discern what the guards are discussing.

Dark Archive

Sounds like they have a card game going.


Male Human Blackguard (Antipaladin) 1

Having spent most of the day musing on the potential for escape the small blade might represent, Korwin had arrived at only one truly viable solution. "If you can get that blade over to me, I think I may know how to make use of it beyond picking one's teeth or sewing up those rags of yours." He says to Yzera, before turning his attention to their gnomish compatriot. [/b]"And what did your visitor have to say? It seems an awful stretch of coincidence that there was not some connection with our fiendish visitor last night. Blackerly made it sound as though she might be highborn, is there a chance to recognized their crest? That they gave you a name?"[b]


M Dhampir Ninja 1

Ilan waits through it all.


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

Nemenia comes back to the cell and waits for the guards to leave. She then speaks. "If you wish to know more regarding the claims of the Imp, I will have oaths from you all." She then expresses savagery belying her diminutive beauty and bites into the flesh of her hand below the thumb. She then holds her hand dripping blood onto the earth and says:

"This I swear by blood and soul, I will aid the others who join me in this oath to escape to safety until we meet our benefactor." She then spits blood on the ground. "Those who join me in oath, I will tell of what the agent of our benefactor says. The rest... can rot here until they meet their fate."

Her too-large eyes that seem to express so much depending on her mood turn cold as ice and reflect back at you as she meets each of your gazes.


M Dhampir Ninja 1

"Yeah, sure. I can get on board with that. I'm guessing you need me to say those particular words? This I swear by blood and soul, I will aid the others who...uh" He doesn't remember the exact wording and is going to wait for somebody else to start reciting. When that happens, he'll pick up the words from there.


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

The beutiful gnome looks at the Dhampir with a dark and sensual grin, that is marred only by the blood smeared on her ruby lips... if that mars the vision for you. "Words and blood.... not just words. Take the poker the imp left if your teeth cant do the job."


M Dhampir Ninja 1

Sense motive as to whether this has any purpose 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
He'll bite the inside of his cheek and spit on the ground.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Seeing the others swear the oath from the miniature woman, Yzera hesitantly considers her options. Finally deciding that the only way to discover who framed her and caused her to be in this predicament, requires escaping from the prison, Yzera pulls her lip into her mouth. She bites it lightly against with her canines causing a bubble of blood to form. As she tastes the blood, it is as though her eyes glaze over for a moment and she shudders briefly. Then, she flicks the blood with her tongue and looks toward the gnome.

I swear by blood and soul, I will aid the others who join me in this oath to escape to safety until we meet our benefactor.

She then sucks the remaining blood into her mouth and once more seems to shudder as though relishing the taste as an addict would his favorite drug.


Female Sylph Wizard; HP 8/8; AC 13 Flat 10 Touch 13; Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6; (+2AC vs. mundane ranged attacks) (-2 saves vs. non-spells/SLAs)

Lauren nodded. She was already committed to escaping, and she'd already more or less agreed to everything involved. She considered for a moment, and bit the inside of her mouth. "This I swear by blood and soul, I will aid the others who join me in this oath to escape to safety until we meet our benefactor," she said, spitting.

"Incidentally, you can come out now."

From the shadows, a Siamese cat sauntered out, threading his way through the bars and rubbing up against Lauren's legs. "Meet Susurrus. He'll be useful for scouting out ahead and keeping watch. With this many rats around, nobody will pay a cat any mind."


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

Just giving Korwin a bit to respond to the request for oaths.

Dark Archive

Korwin makes his vow of blood and soul.


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

The tiny woman continues quietly. "Good, working with some trust will help each of us get out alive... and it seems we have somewhere to go when we escape as well." She then recants her encounter completely and truthfully, showing the veil in the end.

"She took efforts to get me this, even though it seemed she had the guards ensorcelled." She then mutters some arcane words while examining the veil. Detect magic

"Either way, the Imp seemed quite well informed."

Dark Archive

Roll me a concentration check please.


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

Concentration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera looks at the tiny gnome:
How is a veil supposed to get us out of here? Does it turn into a teleportation machine? Or summon packs of wolves to fight the guards?

Dark Archive

Your detect magic fails and I need a fort save please dc ten.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Just wondering, are our hands free? Detect Magic has a Somatic component which I thought required at least 1 hand free. My understanding was that our hands are bound and our feet are shackled, although can be moved a little - like we have shackles on which are bound to a chain or something which would allow say 1-2 feet of movement (a slow walk if we were not tied to the wall, but not running).


Female Sylph Wizard; HP 8/8; AC 13 Flat 10 Touch 13; Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6; (+2AC vs. mundane ranged attacks) (-2 saves vs. non-spells/SLAs)

Lauren craned her neck to get a better view of the veil. "If it gets us out of here alive, I'm not especially picky," she said. Hmm. She was growing more curious about what the story was behind the imp's seeming distrust of the woman. In the meantime, however, they needed to get free before anything else could be considered.

Dark Archive

She has enough room to cast barely. There's say 6 inches of movement on the chains. And yeah its very much how they shackle dangerous prisoners for trial nowadays. Then thise are married to more chains in the wall.


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Dark Archive

A wave of pain over takes you as you try to cast. You can sense now a ward about you threatening to choke you if you try to cast. You can also tell with care and will you can over come it.

Deal is this for any spells or spell likes it is a dc 15 concentration to cast. If you fail a dc 12 fort to keep from being nauseous for 1 round. Care to try again? Also this precaution is why casters dont have their fingers bound and have to wear gags.


Female Sylph Wizard; HP 8/8; AC 13 Flat 10 Touch 13; Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6; (+2AC vs. mundane ranged attacks) (-2 saves vs. non-spells/SLAs)

"Look, toss it over here… let me try," Lauren said, reasonably confident she could cast the spell skillfully enough to avoid triggering the wards.

Concentration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
If successful, take 10 on Spellcraft for 18 to identify.


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

Nemenia would try again first, if she fails she would let Lauren try.

Concentration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Dark Archive

Okay spellcraft Nemenia.


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |
divineshadow wrote:
Okay spellcraft Nemenia.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Dark Archive

You are not sure what it does. However Lauren may keep her rolls and would know what it does.

If Lauren is allowed to id the item:
It is a veil of useful items. Each item may be pulled from the cloth and used. There are two daggers, a window, 100gp, a sliver holy symbol, two vials, a full bag, and set of masterwork thieves tools.


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

"It is magic, but I can't make out what it does. Lauren, take a look."


Female Sylph Wizard; HP 8/8; AC 13 Flat 10 Touch 13; Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6; (+2AC vs. mundane ranged attacks) (-2 saves vs. non-spells/SLAs)

Lauren examined it. "Are you familiar with the patchwork robes some conjurers wear, filled with various tools? The concept is similar, although the selection is a little more limited given the space. Two daggers, one hundred crowns, a holy symbol made from silver, some well-made lockpicks, and a window. There are also two vials and a bag holding something, but I can't tell the contents just from examining it like this," she reported. It was tempting to be smug about it, but she was no fool. She wouldn't make it out alive on her own, so she was just glad that she could establish herself as 'not dead weight'.


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

"Lockpicks?"


Female Sylph Wizard; HP 8/8; AC 13 Flat 10 Touch 13; Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6; (+2AC vs. mundane ranged attacks) (-2 saves vs. non-spells/SLAs)

"Yes- I believe that's how we're expected to get out. I can only hope somebody here knows how to use them, because otherwise things will be very awkward all around in three days' time," Lauren answered.

Dark Archive

The Damhpir speaks up and says he can use lockpicks rather well.

If given the lock picks he takes awhile to free himself. Then frees each of you in a round.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera flexes her arms as they are freed.
So, we need a plan. I can hear the guards talking in the next room. And we have whatever is next door to us. Without a weapon, I am not the most effective.

Dark Archive

From the other cell you hear the rattle of chains snapping taunt. Then a slight shriek as the protest the strain being put on them. Your hear the same click as before ...Want out. Hungry. Want out now...


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

"If you want out, we will need an oath from you as well. That you will harm none of us and work together that we all be free. On blood, soul... and by your Master." No idea if the creature has a soul.

Dark Archive

There is a silence in which you can smell the proverbial sawdust burning as it thinks very hard. Okay Thok give word. Feed Thok now? You realize this may be the best you get without extensive coaching due to whatever it is's intelligence. And if you go for something more complex you may confuse it.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera looks to the others. Lets get this door open and see who our friend next door is. But, first, we should see about those guards.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 <-- to open the cell door with the lockpicks

Once out of the cell:
Give me one of those daggers, I will see what the guards are up to.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
--> Moves forward as quietly as she can to peer into the guard room


Female Sylph Wizard; HP 8/8; AC 13 Flat 10 Touch 13; Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6; (+2AC vs. mundane ranged attacks) (-2 saves vs. non-spells/SLAs)

Lauren shook her head, holding Yzera back. "Let Sus handle it. A cat won't be out of place." While he couldn't speak, exactly, she could sense how anxious he was, doing a decent job of letting her know if the coast was clear or not.

"Oh, and Sus, see if you can locate some food for our new friend here while you're at it…"

1 to 50 of 594 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Path of Shadow. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.