Walking the Way of the Wicked

Game Master divineshadow

Loot!!!!!!!

Map!!!!!


151 to 200 of 594 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Masterwork sliver no penalties for being sliver though. Said all that beforehand it was just spoilered somewhere.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

I remembered the silver part, could not remember if it was masterwork. I think you posted that when it was destined for the anti-paladin, was not sure if it was still the same.

Dark Archive

Go Understudy go.


(Your Name Here)

Ilan gracefully steps around the corpse to a flanking position with Yzera, then smiles at the guard, "See what your sharp eyes got you?"

Dagger: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 2 + 1 = 12 for 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (5) = 7

Dark Archive

Wow....

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 16

1d20 ⇒ 8 sadly that still works.

Thok finishes choking the guard to unconsciousness and snaps his neck.

The last guard keeps screaming blood murder but no one seems to hear. He is apparently far to drunk and frightened to fight and misses understudy widely.

1d20 ⇒ 4

Go Villians

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera continues to determine the balance of the new blade as she carefully studies the drunk guard attempting to find a weakness.

Move: a Study target - Slayer Favored Target ability

Attack-sabre: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 15 <-- +2 flanking, +1 Masterwork, +1 Favored Target
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

Her swing is better, maybe it hits it's mark?

Dark Archive

And he drops. You have successfully cleared the room.


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

"Well done. Let us search them quickly."

Nemenia takes her own advice and searches the guards for useful items.

Dark Archive

3 of each of the following. Heavy steel shield, Longsword, chain shirt, club, manacles, and vials. Hanging on the wall is the horn and three water skins. On the table 50 copper and a deck of cards along with two bottles of rotgut all and a note. The poker game will still be running when you get off shift. He some practice. -Blackerly

Thok grabs one of the bottles sniffs and grins tipping it back.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera looks down at the slain guards and then at the blood on her blade. She reaches out a finger and runs it against the teeth on her sword wiping some of the blood off. She looks at the blood on her finger and her eyes glaze over momentarily. She then lifts the finger to her mouth and licks off the blood as one would caramel or chocolate.

After a moment's pause she speaks:
This is wrong. Why am I doing this?

With that, the sabre shrinks back to its miniature size and she walks away from the dead guards looking despondent.

EDIT - I will take a chain shirt, a shield and a longsword. I prefer the sabre, but since it takes a standard to activate it and does 1 hp damage to me, the longsword would be better unless we are expecting to get into a tough fight.


Female Sylph Wizard; HP 8/8; AC 13 Flat 10 Touch 13; Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6; (+2AC vs. mundane ranged attacks) (-2 saves vs. non-spells/SLAs)

Lauren crept into the room in time to see Yzera tasting the blood of one of the slain soldiers. "And why would any of us know? You did something to end up here, and that was probably wrong, so I wouldn't worry about little things like petty cannibalism. Ugh, you lot weren't exactly a model of stealth and efficiency… better than I could do with a knife, though. We going to bother hiding bodies?" she asks, looking at the blood a little skeptically.

Dark Archive

No it takes a move to get working.


(Your Name Here)

Ilan eyes the blood, feeling the hunger rising within him, then winces and pushes it back. He turns at Yzera's comments, Is she like me? , he wonders.

He nods at Lauren's question, "I think it best -- throw them into the cells. We may be planning on wrecking this place, but I think we'd rather keep our plans a surprise, at least for now."

He picks up the vials and asks, "Do we know what these are?"

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera looks at the guards lying on the ground.
Well, no need letting their equipment go to waste. I can use a shield and the armor. Might as well take a sword as well in case this magic pin does not work.

Yzera begins to strip one of the bodies and strap on the armor and shield.


(Your Name Here)

Ilan nods, "I don't mind that at all, if it gives me a dagger for each hand.... If Thok can carry this stuff, it's probably worth taking it all. We may find ourselved needing the coin."

Dark Archive

Make bundle Thok carry. He says as he tries desperately to squeeze into one of the chain shirts. But they just aren't made for someone of his size.

Note Thok is medium-sized he just has powerful build and I am playing it.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera looks up at Thok:
We will find you armor and a better weapon. Although you seem to be doing well with what you have.

Yzera then looks to the others:
The note seems to indicate that some type of a card game is happening tonight. Perhaps we will be lucky and able to escape while the other guards are distracted.

She then goes to the top of the stairway leading down and crouches there listening for any sound of guards coming up the steps.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Dark Archive

You dont hear anything out of place.

Thok stops struggling with the armor and after someone helps him bundle it up picks all of the gear up and carries it.


(Your Name Here)

Ilan asks, "Thok do you want a shield? And can you use a longsword? Or would you prefer one of the clubs?"

Dark Archive

Thok looks down at where his absent left arm would be. Then shakes his head. No Thok good with chain. Once we get arm from talky bathrobe man Thok show you real weapon. Thok weak now bad food and arm gone. Thok get better though. Then Thok kill everyone here. As he speaks his expression darkens descending into one of pure rage. Then he smiles all of a sudden. Execpt new friends they help Thok so they good.


Female Sylph Wizard; HP 8/8; AC 13 Flat 10 Touch 13; Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6; (+2AC vs. mundane ranged attacks) (-2 saves vs. non-spells/SLAs)

Lauren couldn't help but smile. Talky bathrobe man. That sounded like another wizard. "Thok, I like the way you think. Sus, you keep scouting ahead- keeping an eye and your nose out for a loose arm."

Susurrus stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

Dark Archive

Sus reports back that there is a long hall with three guards at the far end and they both have horns.

Thok looks around and talk a deep whiff. Cookies close. Thok smell them.
And indeed as he mentions this you realize over the reak of yourselves you smell freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.


Female Sylph Wizard; HP 8/8; AC 13 Flat 10 Touch 13; Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6; (+2AC vs. mundane ranged attacks) (-2 saves vs. non-spells/SLAs)

"Guards up ahead, and actually doing their job it sounds like. They've got horns," Lauren relayed to the others. "We have to move in before they can use them. To make sure things to a little smoother this time, I can dull their reflexes just long enough for a better strike."

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera looks to Ilan:
You think we can get the next guards. Stopping their horns is key.

She then looks to Lauren and Nemenia:
Do either of you know magic that might silence three guards if we cannot get the jump on them?

Yzera pauses for a moment before continuing:
Perhaps there is another way. One of us could try to imitate a drunk guard and see if we can get them to come up and help with the unruly ogre. We all saw them beating Thok earlier. They would probably welcome the chance to do it again. When they get up here, we jump them.

Dark Archive

Thok frowns a frown of mighty unhappiness. Thok not ogre. Thok Tanarukk. Like tiefling but orky. Thok smash ogre. He says this a bit loudly. But thankfully no one notices.

1d20 ⇒ 5

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera looks up at Thok:
I'm sorry, I have never met a . . . Taranuk . . . before. I have only heard of ogres and though you might be one. There were occasional bugbears in the north, but the wall kept most of them out of Talingarde. Other than that, I have not seen many other races.


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

"Making things magically silent is beyond me. I can try to fascinate them so that they pay attention to nothing but me, however. If they are threatned the spell will break and it wouldn't surprise me if some resisted."

Just remembered I need an unholy symbol of hell for spellwork. Not sure what to look for there.


Female Sylph Wizard; HP 8/8; AC 13 Flat 10 Touch 13; Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6; (+2AC vs. mundane ranged attacks) (-2 saves vs. non-spells/SLAs)

The veil contains a silver unholy symbol. I presume she would have taken it.


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

Brandishing the unholy symbol, the gnome adds, "I can also try to set them fighting amongst themselves with a spell. Try starting witht he one nearest the horn."

Dark Archive

Dont forget to roll your dc 15 concentration check.


(Your Name Here)

Ilan says, "Let me see how shadowy things are down the hall before we commit to anything. If it's a brightly lit hall, that's one thing, but if I can sneak enough to get close, that's another."

He then nods at the suggestion to draw guards closer, "Can anyone mimic voices? Might be worth calling one of them over to 'settle a dispute' about cards. It'll have them off guard when they get here -- all the better to jab daggers into their throats. "

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

I can try. I have played around with imitating people before, but will not claim to be the best at it.

Not sure if this is a bluff or a disguise roll. Bluff is +5, Disguise is +8[/dice].


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

If it is bluff, Nemenia should be the one to try. Perform oratory comes in at a +7 as well.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Nemenia can call and I can stand at the top of the steps, partially in sight wearing the guards armor as a disguise/aid to the bluff.


(Your Name Here)

Ilan says, "It's too bad they don't wear hooded cloaks... We could have two of us "moving a prisonner", but I have to imagine they know what the people in there look like."

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Yzera looks to Trok:
I know you are not an ogre. But, using that term would likely be more convincing to the guards on the lower floor.

She turns back to the rest of the party.
My thought was to call that the "ogre" had grabbed one of us, or broken another chain, and we need their help to subdue it. This should get two, or maybe all three, to charge up the steps as we saw happen earlier. We then attack from behind to cut them off from the horns.


(Your Name Here)

Ilan says, "I imagine they'll have the horns with them. Still, I'd imagine if we can draw them deeper into the room, two of us hiding behind the doorways could silence them."


Female Gnome Bard (Song Healer, Sound Striker) hp: 9/9 | AC 12 ff 9 t 12 | F+1/R+3/W+1 | Init +1 | Perc. +5 |

Bluff+8 or Perform Oratory+7: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Once everyone is in place, Nemenia will shout mimicking a guard, "Get in here now! That one-armed beast has broken its chains!"

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Here is my plan.

I will be standing in the door to Thok's cell with Thok within as though I am holding him off. We put two bodies in the cell for appearance sake.

Understudy, Nemenia and Lauren hide in the room with the table. As soon as the guards come up the stairs and enter the cell block, Understudy and the others follow stealthily. When they get to me, I step into the room to allow Thok to hit them, I then turn and also attack.

Disguise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 <-- to look like a guard

Hopefully this will create a pincer and have them surrounded.

Here is a map with my plans.

Current Map

DM divineshadow. If you click "Reply", you should be able to cut and paste this link. I will continue to double save each map, once with a unique name, and once as "Current Map". Hopefully this will allow a single link at the top of the page to work, while also keeping a history of the maps should they be needed.

For everyone, please list the coordinates you move to, and the specific path if needed to avoid AoO in the future. Same with any AoE spells.

Also, I forgot on this map, but I will try to put a halo around party members so that they are easy to distinguish from the bad (good) guys.

Dark Archive

Hmmmm. Nice plan. Stupid stupid weaksauce interweebles mutating my post.

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 1 int check 1d20 ⇒ 5 sense motive 1d20 ⇒ 16

Okay again bully for you guys.

The guards hurry towards the stairs neglecting to use their horns or call out to buddies in other rooms. No one else hears them or you. They follow Yzera up the stairs not realizing in the dark she is female and there are no female guards.

Okay kids surprise round. Rip 'em up.


Female Sylph Wizard; HP 8/8; AC 13 Flat 10 Touch 13; Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +6; (+2AC vs. mundane ranged attacks) (-2 saves vs. non-spells/SLAs)

Lauren tapped into the cold darkness of void, letting it flood her. She was used to it, but others less prepared would be left unprepared and weakened.

Ready action to use Reveal Weakness on the next guard targeted, giving him -1 to AC and saves for one round just before the spell or attack.

Shadow Lodge

Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

What coordinates do you want them at before we attack? I would think something like AG42 43, 44 or somewhere like that. Let me know where, then I will update the map and we can go forth and slaughter.


(Your Name Here)

In retrospect, we should have put us back in our (unlocked) cells to bette jump out and kill 'em. This plan has Thok and Yzera getting the first strikes, I believe -- but as they're heading up, GM, can we sneak into the hall -- if only to have a clear line to rush/charge them (otherwise, our surprise round ends up being "We walk up to them")

Dark Archive

They are heading up the stairs I figured you all would be waiting on the landing around the stairs.


(Your Name Here)

Ok, perfect, that works. Follow stealthily, and stab.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Slayer/1 -- Rogue(unchained)/1 -- Arcanist(Blade Adept)(Gestalt)/2 -- (HP: 18/19; AC17; FF14; T13; F+2, R+6, W+5; Perc: +7, Init +3)

Ok, updated map.

Current Map <-- changing the name works. Click edit and then you can cut and paste this link to the top of the page with the loot.

I moved everyone. A few assumptions to speed things up.

Yzera was standing behind the stairs and moved 5' to attack.
Nemenia opens the door to the room with the table.
Thok charges from the corner by the fireplace where he was hiding in the shadows. (I believe he can charge and attack with just a standard action as long as it is less than his normal movement and he moves at least 10'.)
Understudy 5' moves after Nemenia opens the door and attacks the nearest guard.

Assuming this is acceptable, I think it comports with what DM divineshadow intended. (We need to shorten his name to DMDS).

Yzera steps forward and attacks with her sword.

Attack-longsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Missing her unaware target by a wide margin.

Dark Archive

1d20 ⇒ 12 1d6 ⇒ 6 1d20 ⇒ 2

Thok lease out with his chain wrapping it around his guards throat and choking him. As Thok slips into his square the guard swings at him in vain. And is now being choked.

Understudy your move.


(Your Name Here)

Standard action only? So 1 dagger?

Dark Archive

Yep and a adjust if you want it. In retrospect Thok didnt provoke his Vic was flat Foote oh well.

Dark Archive

Breeze and Starfrost. :
24 hours ago...... A small well dressed figure stands before you. He is dressed as a Victorian gentleman might and yet he looks vaguely like a tiny gargoyle. He looks the two of you over trapped in your cell then down into a small book he is holding before tucking it away and speaking. Ah there you are Breezelee Krolmnite and Alleria Starfrost. You two have been miss placed. Down here with the common rabble and him.... Well atleast your found. Hmmmm. It's not quite time yet. Not yet.... take this and wait. Hide it you Must be ready. Count the hours. Your guard will change 3 times. Then you must get the guards over here and kill them. Free yourselves and look for the hidden one. I know he is on this level but wherever he is I cant see it. It must be a hidden room. You will have help from upstairs. Tell them I sent you. This is official noticed of your employment by my patron. With that the strange creature fills you each a pouch of lock picks. Then fades away. You realize everyone else in the block is asleep. Including your guards at their table.

1 to 50 of 594 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Path of Shadow. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.