The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


76,001 to 76,050 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1516 | 1517 | 1518 | 1519 | 1520 | 1521 | 1522 | 1523 | 1524 | 1525 | 1526 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf
Kitty Tanaka wrote:
Michael Dacamara wrote:

Michael soon led Kitty back towards the school, an overstuffed Saffire in his hands as they go.

"So was the food as good this time as last time we went there?"

"Honestly? No, not really. But it's kind of a miracle they're still open at all with how wrecked the rest of the town is. Was. The construction seemed to be coming along quite fast. There were more buildings when we left than when we got there anyways. But the company more than made up for the food," she said, smiling as she squeezed his hand. "And there will be plenty of yummy seafood to eat when we visit my family. Nishioki is a port city after all." Saffire meeped contentedly from his perch on Kitty's shoulder at the mention of more seafood.

"I can't wait." He says honestly. "Despite the fact I'll likely get poisoned at some point, I'm actually looking forward o seeing where you grew up."

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator
Melody Waverider wrote:
Ginni wrote:
"Ace" wrote:

Ace flashes Mel a grin "You and Arthur are more than welcome to come join us. Tami, you too. The surprise isn't private, just personal."

He then turns to Ginni "Best trick I've learned to stay in the form I want is to picture it in your mind, and then sort of flow into it mentally. Make sure you have all the right parts, and you should be fine. A wolf without a tail is very weird. Wanna practice switching forms a few times first?"

Ginni frowned and bit her lip, concentrating very hard as she glared at her hooves. For a moment they seemed to start flowing into a more elongated shape, and then they stopped and went back as Ginni yelped. "Owowowowowowoooowww! That is a lot easier said than done!"

Mel looked a little concerned, why change? I mean, you are what and who you are. no need to try and be something else, right?

looking to Ace, thanks for the invite, but Arthur and I have....ahhh... things to do...

come on Arttie lets see about getting something to eat and go outside. I haven't had fresh air in like four thousand years.

Arthur winces at the failed transformation "Yeah, that takes some getting used to... Good luck with that, oh and call me if you manage to get yourself stuck midway through a transformation or if you need someone to cancel a transformation. I have a trick that helps with that, but I think you'd need to get out of this form at least once first before I could help, because I think this is your natural form now..."

Then he turns to Melody "ah yes food, fresh air... I seem to have been neglecting those things myself as of late, lead the way my dear!"


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

Tybalt smiles a little at Dave being himself. He gives the aasimar a short hug after he tries cheering them up. "Thanks Shiny. I appreciate it." He wipes his eyes a little and tries to buck up some.

"And thanks to you too, Andromeda. I'll still have to think about what I'm going to do, but I think I'm going to go back. I'm not sure when. I'm still kind of scared of what I might find."

He leans back and stretches his arms out. "Ohh, it's been a long week." He goes limp from his stretch and rolls his shoulders as he sits back up. "You guys have much going on tonight?"


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

"I didn't have any plans which is why I'm in here fixing this thing" he says slapping the railing of the boat.


Image
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
After a few turns Sadie found a table to set the books and scrolls down on. "Okay this looks like as good of a place as any."

now that adon's static has died down again, he's shivering. Quite a lot.

"A-all r-r-right, where should we start? Scrolls or books?"

"Well, the books are probably newer, so they may have more consolidated information. The scrolls are more ancient, so they may have more information that wasn't ever put in the books. So, I don't know, maybe work our way backwards?"


Image
Melody Waverider wrote:
Ginni wrote:
"Ace" wrote:

Ace flashes Mel a grin "You and Arthur are more than welcome to come join us. Tami, you too. The surprise isn't private, just personal."

He then turns to Ginni "Best trick I've learned to stay in the form I want is to picture it in your mind, and then sort of flow into it mentally. Make sure you have all the right parts, and you should be fine. A wolf without a tail is very weird. Wanna practice switching forms a few times first?"

Ginni frowned and bit her lip, concentrating very hard as she glared at her hooves. For a moment they seemed to start flowing into a more elongated shape, and then they stopped and went back as Ginni yelped. "Owowowowowowoooowww! That is a lot easier said than done!"

Mel looked a little concerned, why change? I mean, you are what and who you are. no need to try and be something else, right?

looking to Ace, thanks for the invite, but Arthur and I have....ahhh... things to do...

come on Arttie lets see about getting something to eat and go outside. I haven't had fresh air in like four thousand years.

"Well, what I am is unwelcome in a lot of places. Also, shapeshifting is a natural ability of mine, so technically it's a part of what I am. And I know how to walk on feet. But I don't know how to make them," she said, exasperated as she glared at her hooves.


Image Alternate Image - all dressed up.
Ginni wrote:
Melody Waverider wrote:
Ginni wrote:
"Ace" wrote:

Ace flashes Mel a grin "You and Arthur are more than welcome to come join us. Tami, you too. The surprise isn't private, just personal."

He then turns to Ginni "Best trick I've learned to stay in the form I want is to picture it in your mind, and then sort of flow into it mentally. Make sure you have all the right parts, and you should be fine. A wolf without a tail is very weird. Wanna practice switching forms a few times first?"

Ginni frowned and bit her lip, concentrating very hard as she glared at her hooves. For a moment they seemed to start flowing into a more elongated shape, and then they stopped and went back as Ginni yelped. "Owowowowowowoooowww! That is a lot easier said than done!"

Mel looked a little concerned, why change? I mean, you are what and who you are. no need to try and be something else, right?

looking to Ace, thanks for the invite, but Arthur and I have....ahhh... things to do...

come on Arttie lets see about getting something to eat and go outside. I haven't had fresh air in like four thousand years.

"Well, what I am is unwelcome in a lot of places. Also, shapeshifting is a natural ability of mine, so technically it's a part of what I am. And I know how to walk on feet. But I don't know how to make them," she said, exasperated as she glared at her hooves.

Tami waved at Mel and Arthur as they left. "Well, you might need to study some books on anatomy. Maybe the problem is that you only know how a foot is shaped on the outside. Give yourself time. You don't have to have everything figured out right now."


Image (doesn't have wings)
Michael Dacamara wrote:
Kitty Tanaka wrote:
Michael Dacamara wrote:

Michael soon led Kitty back towards the school, an overstuffed Saffire in his hands as they go.

"So was the food as good this time as last time we went there?"

"Honestly? No, not really. But it's kind of a miracle they're still open at all with how wrecked the rest of the town is. Was. The construction seemed to be coming along quite fast. There were more buildings when we left than when we got there anyways. But the company more than made up for the food," she said, smiling as she squeezed his hand. "And there will be plenty of yummy seafood to eat when we visit my family. Nishioki is a port city after all." Saffire meeped contentedly from his perch on Kitty's shoulder at the mention of more seafood.
"I can't wait." He says honestly. "Despite the fact I'll likely get poisoned at some point, I'm actually looking forward o seeing where you grew up."

"Don't worry, they won't use anything fatal. Inconvenient, most likely. But not deadly. My family likes you. And I'm really looking forward to showing you all of the places that I used to play. Running on rooftops is not exactly the same as running through trees. A little more slippery in places. But the idea is the same, so you should have no trouble at all."


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Tybalt Baneko wrote:

Tybalt smiles a little at Dave being himself. He gives the aasimar a short hug after he tries cheering them up. "Thanks Shiny. I appreciate it." He wipes his eyes a little and tries to buck up some.

"And thanks to you too, Andromeda. I'll still have to think about what I'm going to do, but I think I'm going to go back. I'm not sure when. I'm still kind of scared of what I might find."

He leans back and stretches his arms out. "Ohh, it's been a long week." He goes limp from his stretch and rolls his shoulders as he sits back up. "You guys have much going on tonight?"

"Not really. I promised Dave we could hang out some, which is why I'm here. Other than possibly checking on Jasper to see how he managed without me, I don't really have anything I'm supposed to be doing right now."


"Death is late," Love pouted.
Time snorted. "Death is never late. That's the nature of Death."
"Only because you keep helping him with extra time," Pride said testily.
Time shrugged, her expression as unruffled as always. "What are friends for?"
"Hmmph," Love said, unimpressed. She was in a bad mood after losing her Champion.
"Squeak!"
"Oh, hush you," Darkness said to Fear. "You've done enough damage already. Light might be back on his leash, but Hope is still running amok and now so is the other Kronos. Having two of them is not the solution we were hoping it would be," he said darkly.
"Which is why we're meeting in the first place," Mercy said placatingly. "To think of solutions. This doesn't have to end in war."
"Bet me," Wrath grumbled.


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
After a few turns Sadie found a table to set the books and scrolls down on. "Okay this looks like as good of a place as any."

now that adon's static has died down again, he's shivering. Quite a lot.

"A-all r-r-right, where should we start? Scrolls or books?"
"Well, the books are probably newer, so they may have more consolidated information. The scrolls are more ancient, so they may have more information that wasn't ever put in the books. So, I don't know, maybe work our way backwards?"

adon nods.

"Sounds good to me."


Male I am a meat Popsicle
narrator wrote:

"Death is late," Love pouted.

Time snorted. "Death is never late. That's the nature of Death."
"Only because you keep helping him with extra time," Pride said testily.
Time shrugged, her expression as unruffled as always. "What are friends for?"
"Hmmph," Love said, unimpressed. She was in a bad mood after losing her Champion.
"Squeak!"
"Oh, hush you," Darkness said to Fear. "You've done enough damage already. Light might be back on his leash, but Hope is still running amok and now so is the other Kronos. Having two of them is not the solution we were hoping it would be," he said darkly.
"Which is why we're meeting in the first place," Mercy said placatingly. "To think of solutions. This doesn't have to end in war."
"Bet me," Wrath grumbled.

<snerk>

How else would he say it? ;)


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

Mel yells back to Ginni, Well your always welcome wherever I'm at, and anyone that disagrees will have to answer to me.

after that she goes with Arthur, I'm gonna grab a bite and go outside, you wanna come along?


male human monk 16

Lang is a little lost at what is happening, He quickly tries to force his way through the barrier to be with Ori and her spirit.

Just try and to understand the spirit. Once you are in sync things will much easier. he sayas as he struggles to find a way through.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

"After you my dear" Arthur gives a sort of mock bow as he gestures for the door


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace lays a hand of support on Ginni's shoulders. "Try changing all at once. View yourself in your mind before the transformation, and flow into it. One trick I taught myself was to keep repeating that this form is my true form, who I really am. That might help you as well, to remind yourself that while this is what you look now, you're still Ginni."


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

Ardiente sets himself to the task of trying to destroy the bugs, a bit unsure if he's strong enough to so on his own.

Spoiler:

Swift action to use Exploit Weakness vs a DC = to their CR or 10+hardness 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (13) + 23 = 36. Going to assume that's a success, which lets me gain a +2 to attacks, and I ignore their hardness.

Full attack vs the closest bug:

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20 for 2d8 + 9 + 4d6 ⇒ (5, 2) + 9 + (1, 4, 3, 5) = 29, 13 fire.

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37 for 2d8 + 9 + 4d6 ⇒ (7, 8) + 9 + (2, 1, 2, 4) = 33, 9 fire.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24 for 2d8 + 9 + 4d6 ⇒ (7, 5) + 9 + (6, 1, 4, 2) = 34, 13 fire.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 for 2d8 + 9 + 4d6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 9 + (2, 4, 5, 6) = 34, 17 fire.

If any of those drops a bug, he'll attack another, if possible.


Image
Lang Fei wrote:

Lang is a little lost at what is happening, He quickly tries to force his way through the barrier to be with Ori and her spirit.

Just try and to understand the spirit. Once you are in sync things will much easier. he sayas as he struggles to find a way through.

"You need to stand back from the vines," Ori called out. "This is important. They're meant to shield you, I think. He means to break the cage. There might be shrapnel. We're....talking.....after a fashion..."


narrator wrote:

"Death is late," Love pouted.

Time snorted. "Death is never late. That's the nature of Death."
"Only because you keep helping him with extra time," Pride said testily.
Time shrugged, her expression as unruffled as always. "What are friends for?"
"Hmmph," Love said, unimpressed. She was in a bad mood after losing her Champion.
"Squeak!"
"Oh, hush you," Darkness said to Fear. "You've done enough damage already. Light might be back on his leash, but Hope is still running amok and now so is the other Kronos. Having two of them is not the solution we were hoping it would be," he said darkly.
"Which is why we're meeting in the first place," Mercy said placatingly. "To think of solutions. This doesn't have to end in war."
"Bet me," Wrath grumbled.

"Good day friends" Deception says as it appears, this time appearing as a well dressed drow male. "I trust everyone is in good spirits?"


Image
"Ace" wrote:
Ace lays a hand of support on Ginni's shoulders. "Try changing all at once. View yourself in your mind before the transformation, and flow into it. One trick I taught myself was to keep repeating that this form is my true form, who I really am. That might help you as well, to remind yourself that while this is what you look now, you're still Ginni."

"How I look and who I am are separate things," she said with an exasperated sigh. "I had to learn that a long time ago. Otherwise I would have believed all those people who told me I had to be evil because of how I looked. And I look even more like that now. That's not the problem. The problem is the actual changing. I've never been mutable before. I don't know how to flow. I know I can do it, because succubi can. But it's not as easy to do as to say," she said, frustrated.


Narrator! wrote:
narrator wrote:

"Death is late," Love pouted.

Time snorted. "Death is never late. That's the nature of Death."
"Only because you keep helping him with extra time," Pride said testily.
Time shrugged, her expression as unruffled as always. "What are friends for?"
"Hmmph," Love said, unimpressed. She was in a bad mood after losing her Champion.
"Squeak!"
"Oh, hush you," Darkness said to Fear. "You've done enough damage already. Light might be back on his leash, but Hope is still running amok and now so is the other Kronos. Having two of them is not the solution we were hoping it would be," he said darkly.
"Which is why we're meeting in the first place," Mercy said placatingly. "To think of solutions. This doesn't have to end in war."
"Bet me," Wrath grumbled.
"Good day friends" Deception says as it appears, this time appearing as a well dressed drow male. "I trust everyone is in good spirits?"

Creation flipped him off.

"Popcorn?" Madness asked, offering Light a bite from the extra large tub of buttered popcorn he was holding. Lumos glared at him.

"I saved you a seat," Luck said to Deception with a wink. They had a longstanding if uneasy alliance.

"Just sit down. You don't need to make a comedy show of it," Love snapped at Deception.


Image
Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:

Ardiente sets himself to the task of trying to destroy the bugs, a bit unsure if he's strong enough to so on his own.

** spoiler omitted **

This slows the bugs down as they stop to reform, but doesn't actually stop them.

::Hey, it takes a lot to destroy one of these. Maybe we need to work together, concentrate our attacks.::


Image
Elektra Kalama wrote:
Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:

Ardiente sets himself to the task of trying to destroy the bugs, a bit unsure if he's strong enough to so on his own.

** spoiler omitted **

This slows the bugs down as they stop to reform, but doesn't actually stop them.

::Hey, it takes a lot to destroy one of these. Maybe we need to work together, concentrate our attacks.::

::Or find a way to contain them instead of destroy them since they are so difficult to destroy.::


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

::"I'm certainly open to suggestions. Boss said to not let these reach the building where the negotiations with the 'good' bugs is taking place."::


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

"That's totally understandable. I know a few spells that could boost your confidence, Greater Heroism and Moment of Greatness want me to cast them on you, and see if that helps? Otherwise, I can just hold your hand and help steady you as we walk really slow?"

Lyn, during my re-read, I saw that you've allowed these types of spells to help Ginni out with confidence issues before. Hopefully they can help here too


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1

"I hate to ask, but could you lay out the scrolls? It's likley my touch would destroy them."
adon fidgets, really hating asking for favors.


narrator wrote:
[]DESIGNATION EVE: Offer: We will share information about ourselves with you so you can plan how to best deal with the others once they have completed their ship. Sending: File....

Reposting, just in case there was something else pertinent to share from said file...


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)
Morrivan wrote:
"Usually that's the kind of thing you're born with. Sounds like not so much in your case. It's okay to be upset about it, you know. I mean, don't waste your life railing about it or anything, but admitting that you're angry about it is healthy. At least that's the kind of crap they keep telling me during the mandatory counseling sessions."

"Oh, I won't waste my life railing against it, just a sudden shock and huge change is all. Before these wings sprouted proclaiming my half-fae nature, there was at least a small chance Jaiye and I might one day rejoin our tribe. Now that's gone and it's somewhat of an adjustment, ya know?"


there's a messy gout of static, as another figure appears among the patrons. One certianly unwelcome.
"hello again."
rings out the distorted voice, the figure, wreathed in static with it's only defining feature a jagged smile. The figure bows.
"so, what say I give you all something real to complain about. I'm back. I'm aware. And I'm awake."
the creature shifts back and forth.rocking his weight from leg to leg.


narrator wrote:
Narrator! wrote:
narrator wrote:

"Death is late," Love pouted.

Time snorted. "Death is never late. That's the nature of Death."
"Only because you keep helping him with extra time," Pride said testily.
Time shrugged, her expression as unruffled as always. "What are friends for?"
"Hmmph," Love said, unimpressed. She was in a bad mood after losing her Champion.
"Squeak!"
"Oh, hush you," Darkness said to Fear. "You've done enough damage already. Light might be back on his leash, but Hope is still running amok and now so is the other Kronos. Having two of them is not the solution we were hoping it would be," he said darkly.
"Which is why we're meeting in the first place," Mercy said placatingly. "To think of solutions. This doesn't have to end in war."
"Bet me," Wrath grumbled.
"Good day friends" Deception says as it appears, this time appearing as a well dressed drow male. "I trust everyone is in good spirits?"

Creation flipped him off.

"Popcorn?" Madness asked, offering Light a bite from the extra large tub of buttered popcorn he was holding. Lumos glared at him.

"I saved you a seat," Luck said to Deception with a wink. They had a longstanding if uneasy alliance.

"Just sit down. You don't need to make a comedy show of it," Love snapped at Deception.

Winks at Creations, then smiles warmly at Luck, taking a seat. He turns to Love and says "Now, now, Dear, let's not wear our heart on our sleeve...hopefully, no pun in tended, this meeting will help to stop, or at least curtail, further mad plots."


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage

The young monk's brow furrows at the continuing conversation in the telepathic collective. As his neural lace[i] finishes receiving the file from Eve, he warns 'her'

"Designation: Fei. A number of 'scouts' from the second collective are moving toward your location - their intent is unknown. My allies are attempting to remove or contain them, but I may need to assist them..."


The uneasy gathering of Patrons increases in number once again as a large, griffon-like creature wings its way out of the surrounding ether to land gracefully a short distance away.

"A most interesting moot indeed," Valēre's deep yet feminine voice intones as she glances at the newly-arrived Destruction, and her other fellows.


Looks curiously at Destruction on it's arrival, and gives Valere a respectful nod on her arrival, which is unusual. His champion must be rubbing off on him...or that's what he'd like people to think.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
Tybalt Baneko wrote:

Tybalt smiles a little at Dave being himself. He gives the aasimar a short hug after he tries cheering them up. "Thanks Shiny. I appreciate it." He wipes his eyes a little and tries to buck up some.

"And thanks to you too, Andromeda. I'll still have to think about what I'm going to do, but I think I'm going to go back. I'm not sure when. I'm still kind of scared of what I might find."

He leans back and stretches his arms out. "Ohh, it's been a long week." He goes limp from his stretch and rolls his shoulders as he sits back up. "You guys have much going on tonight?"

"Not really. I promised Dave we could hang out some, which is why I'm here. Other than possibly checking on Jasper to see how he managed without me, I don't really have anything I'm supposed to be doing right now."

"so we're all basically just relaxing in One of those rare comb patches between crazy catastrophes here cool"


Male Elf Slayer 16

Djalos, having nothing to say, says nothing. Something that Adon and Sadie have noticed in their time with him is that the concept of "small talk" has absolutely no meaning for him.


Creation lunges forward with a scream of primal rage, aiming for Destruction. She is stopped by Pride who holds her back with some help from Life who patted Creation on the head and handed her a baby bunny.
"Whoa, there, trigger," Pride says to Creation. "I mean, I totally appreciate the eternal war thing you guys have going here and all, but don't you think there's a time and place? Let's not go all feral here. Why don't you just go sit over there with Justice, alright? Won't that be nice?"
"Don't be so condescending," Creation snapped.
"But I'm so good at it!" Pride protested. "And as for you," he said, turning his attention to Destruction, "I love the new look. Very creative. Really. Learning to use negative space to give yourself form...you should be very proud of yourself," he said with a winning smile. "That said, as I mentioned, time and place. And this is not the time to start an end of the world scenario. Remember all the things that went wrong with Ragnarok? And don't even get me started on Armageddon. We need time to properly prepare for that sort of thing. No offense, my dear," he added with a bow towards Time. "But you have already admitted you are not quite yourself yet."

While he was talking the rest of the room had sort of surreptitiously moved away from Destruction and there was a surprising amount of weaponry present. Wrath actually growled. Life however seemed oblivious as she just kept handing people random baby animals to hold.


An hourglass affixed to Death's wrist started blinking.

AH. EXCUSE ME. IT SEEMS THAT I HAVE A MEETING THAT I MUST ATTEND. I AM SORRY I WAS NOT ABLE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS AT THIS TIME.

And with that he vanished, leaving Ephebe and Krays once more back in the hatchery.


"oho, turning weapons on me? Trying to destroy destruction? Cute. Nonethless. I'm not here to completely ruin your day. Though watching you squirm is very nice. No, I'm here to... More or less warn you. And thank a few of you. But first things first. You're walking on eggshells with your pawns. I'm playing a game of my own. And should you try and remove me....
destruction's smile stretches wider.
"i'll return, once again. I'll return not quietly, but by punching a hole in the borders. I wonder just how fast you can clean up?"
destruction checkles. His voice is jovial, as if this is all a joke.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

The cat nods, going to fidget with one of his bracelets, a small gold chain in which the links are dragons biting the tail of the one in front of them.

"I'm sure it's just us. This place is never quiet for long." He yawns a little, very reminiscent of a regular cat when he does so.


Avatar of Destruction? wrote:

"oho, turning weapons on me? Trying to destroy destruction? Cute. Nonethless. I'm not here to completely ruin your day. Though watching you squirm is very nice. No, I'm here to... More or less warn you. And thank a few of you. But first things first. You're walking on eggshells with your pawns. I'm playing a game of my own. And should you try and remove me....

destruction's smile stretches wider.
"i'll return, once again. I'll return not quietly, but by punching a hole in the borders. I wonder just how fast you can clean up?"
destruction checkles. His voice is jovial, as if this is all a joke.

"And what will be left for you to destroy then?" Mercy asked coldly. "You'll end too. Nothing left to destroy. You need to start thinking about the consequences of your actions. You have your purpose and your place. Can't those be enough?"

While Mercy spoke, Time wandered among the others, accepting a kitten from Jivana as she passed her. She held the kitten gently, still petting it as she approached Destruction. When she was close enough to speak without being overheard she leaned in and whispered, "I know you will. But not yet. Be patient. And do try to understand. The others are rather overwrought. Fear tends to do that with extended exposure. And endings are hard. But so are beginnings. And it's almost time for mine. Won't that be fun?" she asked, her gold eyes dancing with merriment. "Oops," she said, as Death arrived. "It looks like my minder is here to make sure I don't say too much. And I was so enjoying our conversation." She walked away, wandering near to the new arrival. "Right on time as always" she said with a wink. "Don't worry, I didn't say anything. Although I do think I might have convinced Destruction that I'm nearly as batty as Madness."

I AM NOT ENTIRELY CERTAIN THAT YOU ARE NOT, he said, frowning insomuch as a skull could frown. WHY ARE YOU CARRYING A KITTEN?

"Jivana is going a bit overboard with the baby animals. It's how she handles stress you know. If this keeps up she'll start matchmaking. You know how she is."


Image
Adon Derro wrote:

"I hate to ask, but could you lay out the scrolls? It's likley my touch would destroy them."

adon fidgets, really hating asking for favors.

Sadie lays out all of the books and scrolls so that the group can look through them. "Alright, if we each take a few texts we can get through these more quickly."


Male Elf Slayer 16

Djalos nods and begins rapidly tapping one of the books, in the same manner that he "read" the first one.


Working together the group is able to herd the bugs away from building one, the firebirds working together as a unit as they were trained to delay the bugs with fire and electricity. Working together they were even able to destroy a couple, but it took concentrated fire from all of them. Meanwhile Jeran and Ghalen set beacons to create a forcefield between the buildings. Once the forcefield was up the bugs withdrew back into building two. There was a tense wait then before the shuttle took off. A thorough sweep of building two revealed no bugs left behind. And Eve confirmed that all the ones who were not part of her group had left. Jiminy gave the order for Mithros to deploy a singularity bomb against the shuttle once it had gotten sufficiently clear of the planet. Negotiations with Eve seemed to continue well. Power and communications in the factories was restored. With communication back up Control was able to check in and tell them that the security measures on the hangar had held. The facility was still clean. R&D on the other hand had not been so lucky, although it was much better off than assemblies 1 and 2. Jiminy looked tired. Like hadn't slept in a week tired. Which was very much possible. Eve promised to help clean up in the first two factories as a sign of good faith in exchange for raw materials and the promised help setting up a proper colony for her people on one of the moons or planets in this solar system. He sent Ardiente back to Avalon since it was obvious that he was chomping at the bit to go and see if Raelle was alright. The others were dismissed soon after.

Sorry for being a bit anticlimactic here. I got too overzealous in the cleaning at New Years and none of us wanted to wait while I reconstructed stats. Thanks, Dalesman for wrangling feedback on that for me. :)


Image
"Ace" wrote:

"That's totally understandable. I know a few spells that could boost your confidence, Greater Heroism and Moment of Greatness want me to cast them on you, and see if that helps? Otherwise, I can just hold your hand and help steady you as we walk really slow?"

Lyn, during my re-read, I saw that you've allowed these types of spells to help Ginni out with confidence issues before. Hopefully they can help here too

She sighed. "I'm sure they would help to some extent, but I think that maybe expecting to get the hang of it all in one go is a little ambitious. It's possible that I'm just tired out from the transformation in the first place. For now, I'll gladly take some help with staying upright," she added with a smile.


Image
Silinrul wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
"Usually that's the kind of thing you're born with. Sounds like not so much in your case. It's okay to be upset about it, you know. I mean, don't waste your life railing about it or anything, but admitting that you're angry about it is healthy. At least that's the kind of crap they keep telling me during the mandatory counseling sessions."
"Oh, I won't waste my life railing against it, just a sudden shock and huge change is all. Before these wings sprouted proclaiming my half-fae nature, there was at least a small chance Jaiye and I might one day rejoin our tribe. Now that's gone and it's somewhat of an adjustment, ya know?"

Morrivan nodded. "Yeah, I know how that goes. I used to think that I could go home someday too. That they'd forgive me for breaking custom and learning water bending. But some stuff happened, and there's no chance of that now. Not after... not without Rodhas."


Male Half-Elf

"Hey, Kitty, do you mind if we stop by the old vet office? I thought of a way to.. um.. make a t-o-y for S-a-f-f-i-r-e that is a bit more durable and need to get some of the old ones." Michael explains as they walk back into the school.


Image (doesn't have wings)
Michael Dacamara wrote:
"Hey, Kitty, do you mind if we stop by the old vet office? I thought of a way to.. um.. make a t-o-y for S-a-f-f-i-r-e that is a bit more durable and need to get some of the old ones." Michael explains as they walk back into the school.

Saffire perked up from where he was draped over Kitty's shoulder. *Meep?!*

"Er, did I mention that he's picked up spelling? He's very clever. And now we have to or he'll just whine all night," she said, shaking her head and laughing.


Male Half-Elf

"Well that was easier than I thought." Michael thinks as they walk.

"Well I guess he's just going to keep on getting to smart. Next thing you know we'll be spelling backwards."


narrator wrote:
Avatar of Destruction? wrote:

"oho, turning weapons on me? Trying to destroy destruction? Cute. Nonethless. I'm not here to completely ruin your day. Though watching you squirm is very nice. No, I'm here to... More or less warn you. And thank a few of you. But first things first. You're walking on eggshells with your pawns. I'm playing a game of my own. And should you try and remove me....

destruction's smile stretches wider.
"i'll return, once again. I'll return not quietly, but by punching a hole in the borders. I wonder just how fast you can clean up?"
destruction checkles. His voice is jovial, as if this is all a joke.

"And what will be left for you to destroy then?" Mercy asked coldly. "You'll end too. Nothing left to destroy. You need to start thinking about the consequences of your actions. You have your purpose and your place. Can't those be enough?"

While Mercy spoke, Time wandered among the others, accepting a kitten from Jivana as she passed her. She held the kitten gently, still petting it as she approached Destruction. When she was close enough to speak without being overheard she leaned in and whispered, "I know you will. But not yet. Be patient. And do try to understand. The others are rather overwrought. Fear tends to do that with extended exposure. And endings are hard. But so are beginnings. And it's almost time for mine. Won't that be fun?" she asked, her gold eyes dancing with merriment. "Oops," she said, as Death arrived. "It looks like my minder is here to make sure I don't say too much. And I was so enjoying our conversation." She walked away, wandering near to the new arrival. "Right on time as always" she said with a wink. "Don't worry, I didn't say anything. Although I do think I might have convinced Destruction that I'm nearly as batty as Madness."

I AM NOT ENTIRELY CERTAIN THAT YOU ARE NOT, he said, frowning insomuch as a skull could frown. WHY ARE YOU CARRYING A KITTEN?

"Jivana is going a bit overboard with the baby...

"I don't really care if there's nothing left to destroy. But, like I said. It's simple. Don't directly try and remove me, and I'll play along. should the mortal's choose to do it on their own! I'll stay quiet. But if you do, I'll be much less amused. Simple as that."

destruction pauses, a while, before looking around for someone.
"is luck here? I need to thank her for the actions of her pawn. Quite helpful."


Male Aasimar (Muse-Touched)

Reminder: Jacob is still waiting in Ephebe's office.

76,001 to 76,050 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1516 | 1517 | 1518 | 1519 | 1520 | 1521 | 1522 | 1523 | 1524 | 1525 | 1526 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.