The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


76,051 to 76,100 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1517 | 1518 | 1519 | 1520 | 1521 | 1522 | 1523 | 1524 | 1525 | 1526 | 1527 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Lyn, I'm going to take a few liberties here with a few of your PCs who aren't really doing anything. If that's not cool, just ignore their presence.

Ace, Ginni and Tami, slowly make their way to animal shelter, and manage to arrive just a few minutes before Kitty and Michael do. Either the school shifted the shelter closer to Ace and the girls, or it moved it away from Michael and Kitty. A few moments later, Keme arrives as well.

"So, uh, Kitty, I've arranged a surprise for you, with Michael's help. Well, really with the help of almost everybody here, and even a few who aren't." He pushes the door open to the shelter and explains "You're one of the kindest, sweetest souls I've ever met. You've been nothing but nice to me since day one, helping me in class, and practically jumping at the chance to take care of Squeaky the moment I brought her to you. What happened to you was an awful, horrific act, made even worse by all the innocent animals slain that you so deeply loved."

He leads her inside, and continues "With the help of Michael, Keme, Tami, Silinrul, Tyrrin, a few other students, several of the professors, and even the Headmaster himself, we've managed to round up not only all of the injured, sick and needy animals on the school grounds, but also had many sent to us from the elven kingdoms as well. All told, there's at least fifty animals here, probably more, that need the tender love and care you're always so ready to offer. Of course, with so many, the school expanded the shelter to fit them all, and since you'll need help, we've all agreed to assist you whenever our schedules allow it."

DB3, Lyn, feel free to also ignore that last sentence if it's not appropriate


Male Half-Elf

Im no good at lying. Not saying anything though...


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:
Working together the group is able to herd the bugs away from building one, the firebirds working together as a unit as they were trained to delay the bugs with fire and electricity. Working together they were even able to destroy a couple, but it took concentrated fire from all of them. Meanwhile Jeran and Ghalen set beacons to create a forcefield between the buildings. Once the forcefield was up the bugs withdrew back into building two. There was a tense wait then before the shuttle took off. A thorough sweep of building two revealed no bugs left behind. And Eve confirmed that all the ones who were not part of her group had left. Jiminy gave the order for Mithros to deploy a singularity bomb against the shuttle once it had gotten sufficiently clear of the planet. Negotiations with Eve seemed to continue well. Power and communications in the factories was restored. With communication back up Control was able to check in and tell them that the security measures on the hangar had held. The facility was still clean. R&D on the other hand had not been so lucky, although it was much better off than assemblies 1 and 2. Jiminy looked tired. Like hadn't slept in a week tired. Which was very much possible. Eve promised to help clean up in the first two factories as a sign of good faith in exchange for raw materials and the promised help setting up a proper colony for her people on one of the moons or planets in this solar system. He sent Ardiente back to Avalon since it was obvious that he was chomping at the bit to go and see if Raelle was alright. The others were dismissed soon after.

Fei continues in his role as intermediary between Eve and the factory personnel as the evening wears on, making use of his particular talents to assuage any lingering fear and/or resentment in the returning work crews. He provides whatever assistance he is able to offer in the cleanup process.

When things start to settle back into a more 'routine' workflow, the young monk excuses himself to the roof of Assembly 2 for a few minutes. Using his neural lace, he tries to open a specific communication channel to Avalon...

... and after receiving a rather emphatic version of a 'Do Not Disturb' message, Fei turns his attentions away from the school and to a (literally) higher goal...


Avatar of Destruction? wrote:


"I don't really care if there's nothing left to destroy. But, like I said. It's simple. Don't directly try and remove me, and I'll play along. should the mortal's choose to do it on their own! I'll stay quiet. But if you do, I'll be much less amused. Simple as that."

destruction pauses, a while, before looking around for someone.
"is luck here? I need to thank her for the actions of her pawn. Quite helpful."

"Well, that is my nature. Helping you help me," Luck said nervously. "It was kind of you to let me get a warning in. I do so like to feel important."

The hooded figure of fate stopped spinning long enough to step on Luck's foot.

"Ouch!" Luck pouted, glaring at Fate. "Oh, you're just mad that I stole some of your thunder. Stick in the mud," she added, sticking her tongue out at Fate.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7

Ephebe sighed. "Well, that was even less productive than I had hoped. The only thing that was confirmed was that even the Patrons aren't allowed to tell me what I'm supposed to do."
The data pad in her pocket beeped and she checked it briefly. "I've got a student waiting to see me. Work never ends," she said with a wry smile, pausing to kiss Krays on the cheek before leaving to go back to her office.

As Jacob waits, the door to the office opens and Mrs. Blackscales walks in. "Good evening, Jacob. I trust you helped yourself to some cookies? Please feel free to do so. It's an enchanted plate. It never runs out of cookies. There's tea also if you would like. Or milk. In the pitcher right next to the cookie plate. Most of the time when people come to my office it's because there's something wrong, and I find a treat helps," she added, stepping over to the table and pouring herself a cup of tea. "Now, why don't we sit down and you can tell me what you need my help with," she said pleasantly, moving to her favored seat in a pink velvet armchair.


Image
"Ace" wrote:

Lyn, I'm going to take a few liberties here with a few of your PCs who aren't really doing anything. If that's not cool, just ignore their presence.

Ace, Ginni and Tami, slowly make their way to animal shelter, and manage to arrive just a few minutes before Kitty and Michael do. Either the school shifted the shelter closer to Ace and the girls, or it moved it away from Michael and Kitty. A few moments later, Keme arrives as well.

"So, uh, Kitty, I've arranged a surprise for you, with Michael's help. Well, really with the help of almost everybody here, and even a few who aren't." He pushes the door open to the shelter and explains "You're one of the kindest, sweetest souls I've ever met. You've been nothing but nice to me since day one, helping me in class, and practically jumping at the chance to take care of Squeaky the moment I brought her to you. What happened to you was an awful, horrific act, made even worse by all the innocent animals slain that you so deeply loved."

He leads her inside, and continues "With the help of Michael, Keme, Tami, Silinrul, Tyrrin, a few other students, several of the professors, and even the Headmaster himself, we've managed to round up not only all of the injured, sick and needy animals on the school grounds, but also had many sent to us from the elven kingdoms as well. All told, there's at least fifty animals here, probably more, that need the tender love and care you're always so ready to offer. Of course, with so many, the school expanded the shelter to fit them all, and since you'll need help, we've all agreed to assist you whenever our schedules allow it."

DB3, Lyn, feel free to also ignore that last sentence if it's not appropriate

Well, since you put my PCs there, I'm just gonna run with it. ^.^

Seeing Kitty stiffen and go pale, Keme steps in. "Hang on, before you get upset, just give us a chance to show you. I promise, it doesn't look anything like what it used to. And when Ace says you'll have help, he's kind of understating. Tyrrin set it up as a school club with you as the club president, and you wouldn't believe how many kids signed up to work with animals. There's a schedule and everything. Because that's how Tyrrin works. The point is, you can ease into things at whatever speed works for you without feeling guilty because there are lots of other people to help too. So no pressure. Just a chance to get back something that matters to you. With some improvements. You know how the school is. I think it wanted to help too. Just...come and look. Okay?" he pleaded.


Image (doesn't have wings)

Kitty tried hard to control her breathing. She had known it would be hard coming back here, but she thought she could handle it in small steps. This....this was too much too fast. Memories were warring with the here and now and she was having a hard time separating the two. She had a death grip on Michael's hand, her other hand reaching up to cuddle Saffire close to her as the tiny dragon was making sad meeping noises. She nodded reluctantly, and finally forced her attention on the space in front of her.

It had been a shed when she started. That got bigger as things went on, but retained a certain shedness about it, with cages lined up on tables throughout to keep wounded animals from lashing out at each other. But there wasn't anything shedlike about the space in front of her now. There were enclosures, but they were huge, and the space itself was enormous. There was even adequate room for larger animals now. And the enclosures were all environmentally specialized for different types of animals, with lots of perches for birds, and a small pond for otters and other aquatic animals. Her eyes got big as she wandered through the new space, dragging Michael along with her. "It's...it's a proper animal hospital," she said, trying to take it all in.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace leans against the wall by the door, allowing Kitty to take everything in at her own pace. He's a bit worried it will overwhelm her, but he knows this was the right thing to do. The animals had meant so much to Kitty, had been her life practically, and he knew what it was like to have something like that all taken away in an instant.


Male Half-Elf

Michael stays next to Kitty as best he can and gives her silent reassurance as he held on to her hand. He wasn't going to complain about his hand. This pain was nothing to what she had to have felt at Repp's hand.


Male Aasimar (Muse-Touched)

"Um, yes! The cookies were... delicious. Although you probably need to add at least some sort of variable taste in there, every single one had the exact same taste and texture and-" Jacob blinks. "I'm, uh, rambling. Sorry, ma'am. So, ah, I found something... troubling while I was... was... researching demonology. Not to summon them! No! It was to learn more about the... Lamir, apparently, that lives inside of me. You know about that, right?"

Lamir:

As, you know, she used to be an evil overlady, Ephebe would know that unlike most demons, lamir are created, usually molded by a balor lord or a full-blow demon lord as weapons of mass destruction. As well as being overbearingly physically powerful, unless they're sated with carnage, they tend to explode. Violently. And messily. More specifically, messily enough to tear a hole in the fabric of space and into the Abyss.

Is this too much? Sorry, this is my first time trying out a 'plotline' for Avalon.


narrator wrote:
Avatar of Destruction? wrote:


"I don't really care if there's nothing left to destroy. But, like I said. It's simple. Don't directly try and remove me, and I'll play along. should the mortal's choose to do it on their own! I'll stay quiet. But if you do, I'll be much less amused. Simple as that."

destruction pauses, a while, before looking around for someone.
"is luck here? I need to thank her for the actions of her pawn. Quite helpful."

"Well, that is my nature. Helping you help me," Luck said nervously. "It was kind of you to let me get a warning in. I do so like to feel important."

The hooded figure of fate stopped spinning long enough to step on Luck's foot.

"Ouch!" Luck pouted, glaring at Fate. "Oh, you're just mad that I stole some of your thunder. Stick in the mud," she added, sticking her tongue out at Fate.

destructuon's smile widens, some horrible noise coming from inside his only defining feature.

"oh yes, thank you indeed. For without your champion, I wouldn't be here. But she did me such a wonderful favor. Without that, I'd still be stuck. I've you to thank for letting me out."


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Adon Derro wrote:

"I hate to ask, but could you lay out the scrolls? It's likley my touch would destroy them."

adon fidgets, really hating asking for favors.
Sadie lays out all of the books and scrolls so that the group can look through them. "Alright, if we each take a few texts we can get through these more quickly."

adon pours over the scrolls.


Male Kobold (Adult Black dragon) Gestalt Sorceror/Oracle Necromancer; Champion of Death
Ephebe wrote:

Ephebe sighed. "Well, that was even less productive than I had hoped. The only thing that was confirmed was that even the Patrons aren't allowed to tell me what I'm supposed to do."

The data pad in her pocket beeped and she checked it briefly. "I've got a student waiting to see me. Work never ends," she said with a wry smile, pausing to kiss Krays on the cheek before leaving to go back to her office.

"Disappointing would be a word I'd use for that. He's usually so open...oh, well. I do understand adhering to rules, so there is that, I suppose."

He makes a slight purring noise as she kisses him
"Have fun, Love."


M Firebird Firebender/ Testpilot/ Robot Jock

Mithros, not hiding his glee at being able to finally use the bomb on a live target, waits till the ship leaves orbit, then from a safe distance, fires the weapon at the shuttle. After the ensuing blast wave, he does a scan to make sure he got all of them...


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Ghalen helps out, and sticks around hoping to see the resulting flash from the ground. He didn't like the thought of leaving a enemy at his back. He went back to school, hoping to meet up with Tyrrin.


narrator wrote:
Avatar of Destruction? wrote:


"I don't really care if there's nothing left to destroy. But, like I said. It's simple. Don't directly try and remove me, and I'll play along. should the mortal's choose to do it on their own! I'll stay quiet. But if you do, I'll be much less amused. Simple as that."

destruction pauses, a while, before looking around for someone.
"is luck here? I need to thank her for the actions of her pawn. Quite helpful."

"Well, that is my nature. Helping you help me," Luck said nervously. "It was kind of you to let me get a warning in. I do so like to feel important."

The hooded figure of fate stopped spinning long enough to step on Luck's foot.

"Ouch!" Luck pouted, glaring at Fate. "Oh, you're just mad that I stole some of your thunder. Stick in the mud," she added, sticking her tongue out at Fate.

Deception keeps his expression blank as he laughs on the inside at how petulant and childlike they all were, still, after everything that's happened. He lays a comforting hand on Luck as Fate takes his seat.

"Since those that are going to come are already here, let's get started, shall we?"


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16

Mel lets Arthur escort her through the cafeteria, picking out some various sandwiches, and trying to find something Arthur likes. always checking for a sign of approval from him.

she keeps a smile on her face though something does weigh heavy on her, and it is difficult to hide.

Arthur, can we eat outside? It's been a while since I enjoyed fresh air. she asks glancing out a window.


male human monk 16

Lang stopped trying to force his way through the wall of vines. he merely sits and listens. meditating on the situation.

Sifu Ori, be careful. he whispers a touch of concern in his tone.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

"Sure sure, maybe the roof? Or the lake? Those seem pretty decent spots to eat"


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage

Fei had returned to Assembly 1 to assist Foreman Kellos with verifying the factory's current inventory of materials. If order needed to be placed, they could be done more quickly now at least.

The PA system comes to life suddenly, announcing an incoming vessel which is quickly identified as a 'friendly'. The young monk wraps up his current task and excuses himself, striding with purpose outside to the landing pad.


The transport (several times larger than the Kuros shuttles) is hovering over the landing pad as Fei exits the building. Vernier thrusters fire and slowly rotate the bulky vehicle as it comes to ground on the tarmac.

A large loading door/ramp cracks open and lowers itself to the ground. Almost immediately, several ground transports rumble down the ramp and move to the deployment lot off to the side of the landing pad, accompanied by multiple personnel on foot. Everything and everyone spilling from the belly of the ship bears the prominent markings of emergency and medical services.

As all of this files past Fei, his attention is returned to the loading ramp of the vehicle as a loud, confident voice calls out to him over the din of machinery...


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Quite Male Halfling

"Soooo....somebody called in the cavalry?" :D


Avatar of Destruction? wrote:
narrator wrote:
Avatar of Destruction? wrote:


"I don't really care if there's nothing left to destroy. But, like I said. It's simple. Don't directly try and remove me, and I'll play along. should the mortal's choose to do it on their own! I'll stay quiet. But if you do, I'll be much less amused. Simple as that."

destruction pauses, a while, before looking around for someone.
"is luck here? I need to thank her for the actions of her pawn. Quite helpful."

"Well, that is my nature. Helping you help me," Luck said nervously. "It was kind of you to let me get a warning in. I do so like to feel important."

The hooded figure of fate stopped spinning long enough to step on Luck's foot.

"Ouch!" Luck pouted, glaring at Fate. "Oh, you're just mad that I stole some of your thunder. Stick in the mud," she added, sticking her tongue out at Fate.

destructuon's smile widens, some horrible noise coming from inside his only defining feature.

"oh yes, thank you indeed. For without your champion, I wouldn't be here. But she did me such a wonderful favor. Without that, I'd still be stuck. I've you to thank for letting me out."

Time laughed. "Oh, it's so sweet that you think that was an accident. You've got a part to play in what's coming too. An important part. Not a very nice part, but nice isn't your nature, is it? You'd know that if you came to more meetings, dear. Do sit down and make yourself at home. We always get started with an interminable amount of complaints and grumbling before any actual problem solving can take place. But there are cupcakes so that's alright. I don't mind the complaining so long as it comes with sugar. And sprinkles. I absolutely insist on sprinkles."

Mercy rolled her eyes. "She really does," she sighed. "The other Kronos doesn't bother with sugar, and I'm sure it isn't a coincidence that he isn't so....hyperactive. It was kind of you to remember to say thank you, Destruction. Wrath, Creation, you both really need to sit down now. The first Kronos and Hope are already running amok. It isn't your turn. I'm sorry, Jivana, I really can't take any more baby bunnies. My arms are already full," she added, slightly exasperated.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Jacob Forgehand wrote:

"Um, yes! The cookies were... delicious. Although you probably need to add at least some sort of variable taste in there, every single one had the exact same taste and texture and-" Jacob blinks. "I'm, uh, rambling. Sorry, ma'am. So, ah, I found something... troubling while I was... was... researching demonology. Not to summon them! No! It was to learn more about the... Lamir, apparently, that lives inside of me. You know about that, right?"

** spoiler omitted **

Is this too much? Sorry, this is my first time trying out a 'plotline' for Avalon.

"I am familiar with Lamirs, yes. They make terrible neighbors. I often get called in to deal with them when they rebel against their overlord. It's not what you would call a strong negotiating position. My best treaties came from those fights. I had one working for me for a while, but it didn't work out. She wasn't very good at following instructions. I knew you had a demonic presence inside you, yes, but I'm not sure if I knew or remembered that it was a Lamir. I take it we need to find something for you to destroy? I prefer not to open portals to the Abyss here in the school. It's too much temptation for them. I'm not entirely sure which side I'm referring to, to be honest. The more Avalon and the Abyss are kept apart, the better for everyone. But of course you can't just go destroying things willy-nilly. I would think that a specific target could be easily found. That should buy more time to separate you from the Lamir. If you even want to be separated. You don't have to be if you don't want to be," she said calmly, stopping to sip her tea. "Unless there were some other complications I don't know about yet?"


Mithros Phoebus wrote:
Mithros, not hiding his glee at being able to finally use the bomb on a live target, waits till the ship leaves orbit, then from a safe distance, fires the weapon at the shuttle. After the ensuing blast wave, he does a scan to make sure he got all of them...

Scans indicate that there are no signs of 'life' in the rubble. Well, not rubble exactly. More like finely powdered dust. Singularity bombs were nothing if not thorough in their destruction.


Image (doesn't have wings)

As she tentatively explores the new and improved animal hospital/zoo, she finds one of the animals has escaped from their enclosure. A white tiger kitten was rolling around on the ground, playing with shadows. She finally let go of her death grip on Michael's hand.

"What are you doing out here? Did someone forget to close a door?" she asked the kitten as she approached it. It bounded around her, butting its head against her legs until she reached down and picked it up. Saffire took off from her shoulder, not comfortable being that close to even a baby tiger and landed on Michael's shoulder instead, meeping reproachfully. The kitten started purring. Kitty laughed. "You little troublemaker! Alright, Miu, let's find where you're supposed to go."


Image
Lang Fei wrote:

Lang stopped trying to force his way through the wall of vines. he merely sits and listens. meditating on the situation.

Sifu Ori, be careful. he whispers a touch of concern in his tone.

There is a long pause. It's quiet. Too quiet. When the pause has gone on long enough that Lang is starting to get fidgety in spite of his training in meditation, there is a very large boom that shakes the ground for a long ways around. The vines that surrounded Ori and the nature spirit were dissolved by the blast. When things clear up, he can see Ori sitting alone in the center of the crater.


Image

After finally convincing her mother that she was alright and sending her back to check on Via, Aananda laid back on her bed. She hated being in the infirmary at the best of times, but it was difficult to properly grieve when someone might walk in on you at any moment. She sighed and pulled out her datapad, composing a note for Ryo.

Ryo:
You've probably already received a note or twelve from the infirmary by now demanding that I be put on medical leave. They're rightish. I can't run security right now. As I've proved by being hospitalized during two different crises that required my attention. But you know as well as I do that I don't do well just sitting around. I would like to take over the basic mechanics course since the death of Jim Rivets leaves them without a teacher. With those and the advanced mechanics course I already teach, I can stay busy without putting myself and others at risk. You're going to need a new head of security. I know that sucks, and I don't have any current candidates that would make sense for the position. Tam might. I don't know. He's taking some time at the moment to deal with the recent losses. If you need me, I'll be in the infirmary for the foreseeable future. I don't think they're going to release me until you tell them I've officially resigned my position as head of security. The mobile command system really annoyed them for some reason.


Male Aasimar (Muse-Touched)

Jacob's mouth opens and closes as he parses the information. "....that would explain my instincts to either flee in terror or bow down and grovel whenever I see you. I always thought that was odd." Jacob pauses, choosing his next words with care. "From what I understand of how... this happened, finding a way to separate me and the Lamir may be somewhat difficult. As they were bolted onto my soul with wish magic. Um, apparently, there's a demon lord who takes particular delight in corrupting the wishes of innocent children." Jacob's hands shake slightly. "Such as the wish to not be torn to pieces by your zombified neighbors. Suffice to say, I may be responsible for the devastation of some areas of Kuros. Some of the excess abyssal energy may have lead to the the teleportation to and from, and subsequent destruction of an elven settlement."


male human monk 16
Ori Reading wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:

Lang stopped trying to force his way through the wall of vines. he merely sits and listens. meditating on the situation.

Sifu Ori, be careful. he whispers a touch of concern in his tone.

There is a long pause. It's quiet. Too quiet. When the pause has gone on long enough that Lang is starting to get fidgety in spite of his training in meditation, there is a very large boom that shakes the ground for a long ways around. The vines that surrounded Ori and the nature spirit were dissolved by the blast. When things clear up, he can see Ori sitting alone in the center of the crater.

Lang was about to force his way in when suddenly the wall is gone. it takes a moment or two for things to sink in. and he remains silent as he tries to understand what has happened.

he then approaches Ori, Sifu ori? are you ok? what happened? the look in his eyes say he probably has many more questions but isn't sure how to ask.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Arthur Barren wrote:
"Sure sure, maybe the roof? Or the lake? Those seem pretty decent spots to eat"

Mel looks at Arthur a little confused, the roof? are we allowed up there? I mean that sounds pretty cool. How do we get there. she asks hoping he will escort her to the roof.


narrator wrote:
Avatar of Destruction? wrote:
narrator wrote:
Avatar of Destruction? wrote:


"I don't really care if there's nothing left to destroy. But, like I said. It's simple. Don't directly try and remove me, and I'll play along. should the mortal's choose to do it on their own! I'll stay quiet. But if you do, I'll be much less amused. Simple as that."

destruction pauses, a while, before looking around for someone.
"is luck here? I need to thank her for the actions of her pawn. Quite helpful."

"Well, that is my nature. Helping you help me," Luck said nervously. "It was kind of you to let me get a warning in. I do so like to feel important."

The hooded figure of fate stopped spinning long enough to step on Luck's foot.

"Ouch!" Luck pouted, glaring at Fate. "Oh, you're just mad that I stole some of your thunder. Stick in the mud," she added, sticking her tongue out at Fate.

destructuon's smile widens, some horrible noise coming from inside his only defining feature.

"oh yes, thank you indeed. For without your champion, I wouldn't be here. But she did me such a wonderful favor. Without that, I'd still be stuck. I've you to thank for letting me out."

Time laughed. "Oh, it's so sweet that you think that was an accident. You've got a part to play in what's coming too. An important part. Not a very nice part, but nice isn't your nature, is it? You'd know that if you came to more meetings, dear. Do sit down and make yourself at home. We always get started with an interminable amount of complaints and grumbling before any actual problem solving can take place. But there are cupcakes so that's alright. I don't mind the complaining so long as it comes with sugar. And sprinkles. I absolutely insist on sprinkles."

Mercy rolled her eyes. "She really does," she sighed. "The other Kronos doesn't bother with sugar, and I'm sure it isn't a coincidence that he isn't so....hyperactive. It was kind of you to remember to say thank you, Destruction. Wrath,...

"You are... all vastly more polite then I expected. It's unnerving."

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator
Melody Waverider wrote:
Arthur Barren wrote:
"Sure sure, maybe the roof? Or the lake? Those seem pretty decent spots to eat"
Mel looks at Arthur a little confused, the roof? are we allowed up there? I mean that sounds pretty cool. How do we get there. she asks hoping he will escort her to the roof.

Arthur grins "if you haven't noticed, I can fly, if the armor I gave you still works and you had it on you you'd also be able to fly, but in the meantime I could carry you"


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Jacob Forgehand wrote:
Jacob's mouth opens and closes as he parses the information. "....that would explain my instincts to either flee in terror or bow down and grovel whenever I see you. I always thought that was odd." Jacob pauses, choosing his next words with care. "From what I understand of how... this happened, finding a way to separate me and the Lamir may be somewhat difficult. As they were bolted onto my soul with wish magic. Um, apparently, there's a demon lord who takes particular delight in corrupting the wishes of innocent children." Jacob's hands shake slightly. "Such as the wish to not be torn to pieces by your zombified neighbors. Suffice to say, I may be responsible for the devastation of some areas of Kuros. Some of the excess abyssal energy may have lead to the the teleportation to and from, and subsequent destruction of an elven settlement."

"Hmm. Do you happen to know the name of the demon lord in question? I have specific provisions regarding this world being under my protection. I would like to know who I need to make an example of. If you don't know, don't worry about it. I have other ways of finding that information. And the aschen are restless. They'll be so happy to have a chance at action. As for how easy or difficult it will be to undo the wish magic, I can't say. It is not my particular area of expertise. I would need to consult someone more versed in the vagaries of wish magic. But if it is not able to be done, or at least not soon or easily, I can help you learn how to keep in control of your unwanted passenger so that you're the one in charge. No doubt they chose a child because they assumed that you would be weak willed. They obviously haven't spent much time around children," she said, shaking her head.


Avatar of Destruction? wrote:
narrator wrote:
Avatar of Destruction? wrote:
narrator wrote:
Avatar of Destruction? wrote:


"I don't really care if there's nothing left to destroy. But, like I said. It's simple. Don't directly try and remove me, and I'll play along. should the mortal's choose to do it on their own! I'll stay quiet. But if you do, I'll be much less amused. Simple as that."

destruction pauses, a while, before looking around for someone.
"is luck here? I need to thank her for the actions of her pawn. Quite helpful."

"Well, that is my nature. Helping you help me," Luck said nervously. "It was kind of you to let me get a warning in. I do so like to feel important."

The hooded figure of fate stopped spinning long enough to step on Luck's foot.

"Ouch!" Luck pouted, glaring at Fate. "Oh, you're just mad that I stole some of your thunder. Stick in the mud," she added, sticking her tongue out at Fate.

destructuon's smile widens, some horrible noise coming from inside his only defining feature.

"oh yes, thank you indeed. For without your champion, I wouldn't be here. But she did me such a wonderful favor. Without that, I'd still be stuck. I've you to thank for letting me out."

Time laughed. "Oh, it's so sweet that you think that was an accident. You've got a part to play in what's coming too. An important part. Not a very nice part, but nice isn't your nature, is it? You'd know that if you came to more meetings, dear. Do sit down and make yourself at home. We always get started with an interminable amount of complaints and grumbling before any actual problem solving can take place. But there are cupcakes so that's alright. I don't mind the complaining so long as it comes with sugar. And sprinkles. I absolutely insist on sprinkles."

Mercy rolled her eyes. "She really does," she sighed. "The other Kronos doesn't bother with sugar, and I'm sure it isn't a coincidence that he isn't so....hyperactive. It was kind of you to remember to say thank
...

*Squeak*

"Oh, hush, you. We've all had enough of your shenanigans," Love snapped at Fear.

Pride shrugged. "We've had some....issues resulting from being in such close quarters. We have to be polite because we never know who is going to be the next to go homicidal. Not me, of course. I would never fall prey to such a moment of weakness. But any of the rest of these guys might snap at any time."

Mercy sighed and rolled her eyes.


Image
Lang Fei wrote:
Ori Reading wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:

Lang stopped trying to force his way through the wall of vines. he merely sits and listens. meditating on the situation.

Sifu Ori, be careful. he whispers a touch of concern in his tone.

There is a long pause. It's quiet. Too quiet. When the pause has gone on long enough that Lang is starting to get fidgety in spite of his training in meditation, there is a very large boom that shakes the ground for a long ways around. The vines that surrounded Ori and the nature spirit were dissolved by the blast. When things clear up, he can see Ori sitting alone in the center of the crater.

Lang was about to force his way in when suddenly the wall is gone. it takes a moment or two for things to sink in. and he remains silent as he tries to understand what has happened.

he then approaches Ori, Sifu ori? are you ok? what happened? the look in his eyes say he probably has many more questions but isn't sure how to ask.

When she opened her eyes to look at him, they were pools of endless green for a moment before they cleared up and went back to their normal appearance. "I think we came to a sort of agreement," she said carefully.


Male Aasimar (Muse-Touched)

"His name, is, hm. Dgogo, I believe. A... glabrezu, it's called, right? One who eventually, through sheer tenacity, planning, and brute force when necessary, ascended to demon lord status." Jacob shrugs.


Male Elf Slayer 16
Djalos Tyon wrote:
Djalos nods and begins rapidly tapping one of the books, in the same manner that he "read" the first one.

Repost.


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Jacob Forgehand wrote:
"His name, is, hm. Dgogo, I believe. A... glabrezu, it's called, right? One who eventually, through sheer tenacity, planning, and brute force when necessary, ascended to demon lord status." Jacob shrugs.

She smiled. It was a very draconic smile in spite of her being in human form. There were definitely too many teeth involved. "Dgogo will not be a problem going forward," she said, confidently. "He should have listened when I said this world was under my protection."

"Now, we still need to deal with your Lamir. Do you want to be able to talk to it? They are difficult creatures, but that doesn't mean we can't negotiate. The two of you are going to have to agree on how to go on as you are or on your desire to be separated."


Male Aasimar (Muse-Touched)

Jacob slumps. "I suppose I'm going to be living with them for a while, aren't I?... I suppose I'd at least learn their name, then. Perhaps we can establish terms of rent?"


Imagefemale weredragon (amethyst) gestalt Soulknife17/oracle10/divine gunslinger7
Jacob Forgehand wrote:
Jacob slumps. "I suppose I'm going to be living with them for a while, aren't I?... I suppose I'd at least learn their name, then. Perhaps we can establish terms of rent?"

"Yes, I think that would be best. And I might suggest the possibility of trying things out for a bit to see how the two of you get on together before making any permanent decisions about how to move forward. Unless the two of you both agree now that you wish to be separated. But considering that the Lamir is about to be without a master, it's more likely that it will want to stay at least for a while."

She stood up and walked over to her desk, opening one of the drawers and pulling out a helmet. "Put this on. This will allow you to project part of your consciousness, in this case, specifically the Lamir, outside of your body to facilitate easier communication."


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Arthur Barren wrote:
Melody Waverider wrote:
Arthur Barren wrote:
"Sure sure, maybe the roof? Or the lake? Those seem pretty decent spots to eat"
Mel looks at Arthur a little confused, the roof? are we allowed up there? I mean that sounds pretty cool. How do we get there. she asks hoping he will escort her to the roof.
Arthur grins "if you haven't noticed, I can fly, if the armor I gave you still works and you had it on you you'd also be able to fly, but in the meantime I could carry you"

Mel becomes a bit sullen at the mention of the suit Arthur gave her. I don't have that anymore, I'm sorry. trying not to look Arthur in the eyes.

guess your gonna have to carry me.


male human monk 16
Ori Reading wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:
Ori Reading wrote:


There is a long pause. It's quiet. Too quiet. When the pause has gone on long enough that Lang is starting to get fidgety in spite of his training in meditation, there is a very large boom that shakes the ground for a long ways around. The vines that surrounded Ori and the nature spirit were dissolved by the blast. When things clear up, he can see Ori sitting alone in the center of the crater.

Lang was about to force his way in when suddenly the wall is gone. it takes a moment or two for things to sink in. and he remains silent as he tries to understand what has happened.

he then approaches Ori, Sifu ori? are you ok? what happened? the look in his eyes say he probably has many more questions but isn't sure how to ask.

When she opened her eyes to look at him, they were pools of endless green for a moment before they cleared up and went back to their normal appearance. "I think we came to a sort of agreement," she said carefully.

Lang sits beside Ori, Is that a good thing?


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34 Sense Motive

Sensing her slight change in tone, Sil replies "I'm sorry. I'm not sure what happened, but sorry." It's simple, but hopefully it helps.


Male Aasimar (Muse-Touched)

Jacob nods and somewhat awkwardly buckles on the helmet. After a few brief seconds of humming, a flash of red light reveals... Well, Ephebe concludes that this is what a stereotypical punk must look like from Jacob's rather sheltered perspective, with some fiendish features tacked on. Blazing green mohawk, tattered leather jacket, eyeshadow under pitch-black eyes, a pair of curling horns, ash grey skin... The lamir looks down at the body it's been provided with, and with a wave adds some more... feminine features. She then snaps her fingers, and...


Demonic Eidolon

...absolutely nothing happens. She looks confused, then tries again. "Well, that was f~~~ing anticlimactic," she says boredly, before summoning a cig from nowhere. She stares at it for a moment, confused, then shrugs, lights, and begins smoking it. Jacob looks absolutely horrified. "Look. Ephebe, that's your name, right? The information I was born with is full of warning signs not to screw around with you, and you're happily retired, but could you just do me a solid and send me back home? Or just complete break this little s*$%'s mind? It's driving me absolutely crazy having to share a headspace with all of those goody two-shoes spirits. Having to spend the rest of my existence holed up with those knights and heroes and such is going to be utter Heaven."


Lamir, Demonic Spirit wrote:
...absolutely nothing happens. She looks confused, then tries again. "Well, that was f*%$ing anticlimactic," she says boredly, before summoning a cig from nowhere. She stares at it for a moment, confused, then shrugs, lights, and begins smoking it. Jacob looks absolutely horrified. "Look. Ephebe, that's your name, right? The information I was born with is full of warning signs not to screw around with you, and you're happily retired, but could you just do me a solid and send me back home? Or just complete break this little s+@&'s mind? It's driving me absolutely crazy having to share a headspace with all of those goody two-shoes spirits. Having to spend the rest of my existence holed up with those knights and heroes and such is going to be utter Heaven."

The cigarette remains unlit.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

Ardiente flies back to Avalon, lands, and touches the walls. He thinks of Raelle, and follows the arrows to his girlfriend.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

Arthur smiles and shakes his head "it's fine, I can make you another, maybe we can even improve on the design! And until then you are welcome in my arms"


'destruction seems to ignore the explanation, and slides up next to creation.
"psst. Hay. Check this out. I made something."
he has no idea if he's making a peace offering, or antagonizing, but either way, he's gonna roll with it. He holds his hands out in front of him, a substance sparking to life between them- antimagic, something that, dispite having to be "created" still manages to more or less be entirely contrary to creation.
"like it?"

76,051 to 76,100 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1517 | 1518 | 1519 | 1520 | 1521 | 1522 | 1523 | 1524 | 1525 | 1526 | 1527 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.