The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


75,701 to 75,750 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1510 | 1511 | 1512 | 1513 | 1514 | 1515 | 1516 | 1517 | 1518 | 1519 | 1520 | next > last >>

male firebird firebender 10// caliver 3/bard 3/battle herold 4

igni quietly walks into his room, and locks the door.
"Finally."
igni exhales sharply.
"Let's see..."
igni flips open the pages to his book "on the composition of the soul"- a book written eons ago, yet still managing to be one of the easiest ways to explain the makeup of a soul to somone... If it's also more or less wrong. But for Igni's purposes, it's enough.
"To syohon off a part of your core essence, use... Hmm. Well, I can't cast any of that, but... My soul is made largely of fire. So... I think I can..."
igni carefully repeats the arcane instructions, substituting his skill at bending where needed, until he draws out a small, glowing blue orb from his chest. He breathes heavily, for a while. Eventually regaining his composure, he closes the book. He knows what to do from here.
"It's so dull. So weak. This... This is what wasted potential looks like."
he cups his hands beneath the floating orb.
"When I'm done with it..."
igni lights a fire inbetween his hands. It grows hotter, and hotter, until the whole room is surging with heat, and enough is creeping out the bottom of his door that the hallway near his has raised almost 30 degrees. The orb starts to blacken.
"There will be nothing but ash."
the fragment of igni's soul crumbles apart, nothing but dust on the floor.
"I'm done trying to lead. I'm done trying to be what they wanted. From now on, I'm dedicated to my arts, and not "arts" that have been put on me by the council."
igni pauses, before shouting at the empty room.
"you got that!? I'm going to be the paragon you asked for, but not the one you wanted!"


Image (doesn't have wings)
Michael Dacamara wrote:
Kitty Tanaka wrote:
"Only because you didn't know how," she replied with an impish grin. "She was certainly flirting with you. Not that I blame her. You are pretty cute. But I'm not planning on sharing you."
"I still don't know how, but with you I think coherent, non-alchemically garbled sentences are good enough. Though if you want to teach me..."

"Well, that sounds like a fun idea for dinner conversation," she said, leaning her head on his shoulder.

Whatever she was planning to say next was drowned out in a loud chorus of insistent meeps and impatient nips at both of their ears from a veeeery hungry tiny dragon who had heard the magic word (fish) and wasn't taking no for an answer.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
David.De'Foul wrote:
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:


"My sister is the time traveler. I tried it once, but I died," Andromeda objected, still a little touchy on the subject. "I'm more like time police, in charge of stopping people from doing stupid things that mess up the fabric of time."
"Which is neither here nor there I guess. Sorry. It's just difficult trying to keep people from mixing us up and I might be a little overly sensitive."

"question. Do the time police have their own uniform?"

Quote:
"Anyhow, we'll see how it goes with the lessons, Definitely not signing up for a band before I've even had my first lesson, though," she said, shaking her head. " Sorry that your lead singer has flaked on you. I don't know the guy, but maybe there's more going on than it looks like? There usually is when someone suddenly drops their favorite hobbies"

"Hey hey, I'm the lead singer, not domm, let's be sure we're clear on that bit." He says with a show of acting hauty before his composure, such as it was breaks "I'm sorry, I couldn't resist making the joke. And by all means take your time on that, we still can't think of any names that were any good. Though I do have a couple of songs I've been kicking around.... I've had no shortage of emotional inspiration lately."

He clears his throat and turns to tybalt "that's cool, is that a new spell you've learned?"

She laughed at the mention of a uniform. "Uh, yeah, pretty sure it's a tutu," she joked back.

"Fi always said that emotional crises were the best song inspiration. She's a great listener, but everything ends up in a song eventually."


Male Elf Slayer 16

Djalos stands stock-still at the entrance to the library, the only clue that he's alive the near-imperceptible rise and fall of his chest.


Image
Arthur Barren wrote:
"What am, I chopped liver? It's a good thing I brought my own butler, I'm not a fan of this one"

Ginni giggled again. "Sorry, sweetie, it appears your approval rating isn't very high with the new arrivals," she teased Ace, trying to keep the mood light since that was what Mel seemed to want.


Image
Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:

Should I assume my above perception check revealed nothing of import, or was it lost in the shuffle?

Reposting just in case:

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31 Perception 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (6) + 23 = 29 Fly

Hearing that Phoenix was hurt, but not wanting to rush head long into an unknown situation, Ardiente asks ::"What should we do Boss? Are there other entrances we can come through, to flank or surround the enemy from?":: Directed at Jiminy

At this point all you can see is some flashes of light from Elektra's lightning blades. Unless you have darkvision, but I didn't think you did.

::There's a skylight. You have my permission to break it if you need to. Right now the thing we need most is light. We're going in blind. Somebody get a light spell or something going on in there,:: Jiminy responded.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

The cat nods and smiles, using Prestidigitation to make a small floating balloon that he sends off into the distance a few yards away.

"Magic is only as good or bad as the people that use it."

He starts making cards to throw at the balloon, trying to pop it.
1d20 ⇒ 1 The first card bends weird and flutters to the ground and drifts a few feet behind the catguy.

"Even negative energy is healing for some people."
1d20 ⇒ 14 The second gets close-ish, but curves away before it gets there.

"It really has been a pretty tough week, but I think things are going to start getting better soon. Maybe that's just me being an optimologist."
1d20 ⇒ 12 The third takes a curve about halfway between him and the balloon.

Common isn't his first language, so he can't always get it right. In fact, Common is his fourth language after Catfolk, Commonfolk, and Draconic.


Image
Ghalen Kiln wrote:
narrator wrote:
Ghalen Kiln wrote:
Elektra Kalama wrote:


The bugs moved astonishingly fast and Elektra and Ghalen had to dodge several balls of acid spit as the ran away.
Make three reflex saves, DC 37
Elektra Reflex save: 1d20+21, 1d20+21, 1d20+21
Acid damage if missed save 1: 15d6
If missed save 2: 16d6
If missed save 3: 17d6

In spite of her best efforts at dodging, there were just two many of the little things, and Elektra screams as she is badly burned by acid attacks.

1d20+24

1d20+24
1d20+24
Ghalen takes the acid damage from the first two missed saves. It also damages his armor. It's extra special nasty acid.

Ghalen winces as the acid eats through his armor, and raises his rifle.

"That's how it is, eh? Well here is my retort!"
Ghalen lays down fire to cover their retreat, 4 separate targets, invoking greater bane. Half electric, half fire. Bane is untyped, iirc.
1d20+34 Shot 1 12d6+4d6 damage
1d20+29 Shot 1 12d6+4d6 damage
1d20+24 Shot 1 12d6+4d6 damage
1d20+19 Shot 1 12d6+4d6 damage,
and takes a 5 ft. step backwards toward the door.

"Spitfire, go! I'm right behind you!"

Ghalen's first three shots connect and knock apart the bugs that they hit. But the other bugs appear to be quickly reassembling the fallen.

Elektra abandons her lightning blades in favor of a large burst of fire to clear the way to the window they entered by, and makes a dash for the window. The acid is still clinging to her skin and she continues to be burned by it.
Continuing damage: 10d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 1, 3, 1, 3, 4, 1, 1) = 23


Image
Silinrul wrote:
Sil nods in agreement with the girls "I do believe a day care for little ones would be appropriate. While physically she is probably too old, we have all just said she is far too young mentally to be on her own. Were this someplace other than Avalon, I would think there might be an issue convincing those in charge to accept Cho. However, that is not the case, and I am confident they will not only allow her to join, but likely be able to assist her growth far more than we. After all, we are all still learning and growing ourselves."

"I'm sure they will. But if there's one thing that you'll learn after being here a while is that Avalon is always operating on a staff shortage. So until they've got the people to staff a program like that, it's left to volunteers. Like us," Jaiye said with a shrug.


Serrin Surya wrote:
narrator wrote:
The voice sighed. "We'll get to that. First, you get out of the light. Then with the talking. Honestly, I never had this trouble with the last one. He was perfectly happy to go find a closet to hide in at the drop of a hat, so to speak. Now if he'd only followed my other direction. It was such a simple directive. Don't die. Is that really so much to ask?" It went on in a pained, grumpy tone.

Sorry I missed this Lyn, it was lost in the shuffle!

"D-d-die? I don't want to die!" She does, however get up and walk towards her room. That was safe, and dark. "I could travel to the Plane of Shadow, if that would be better than going to my room" She's trying to be brave, but it's mostly an act. She's only fourteen after all.

"Not wanting to die is a good start. Make sure you follow it up with action. Don't die," the voice said petulantly. "No need to go to the Plane of Shadows, though admittedly it is one of my favorite places. Anywhere dark will do. You may call me Umbral. I am Darkness itself, and I despise the light. Well, Lumos has been acting a bit the homicidal maniac of late, so really, I assure you, it's quite justified. I need a Champion. You're the best I can find on short notice. Obviously not my first choice, but at least you're still living. So there's that."


Image
Djalos Tyon wrote:
Djalos stands stock-still at the entrance to the library, the only clue that he's alive the near-imperceptible rise and fall of his chest.

Sadie waved as they approached...and then remembered that Djalos was blind. She grimaced at her own stupidity.

"Hey, Djalos. Glad you could meet us. We're about to delve into some serious research that will hopefully help us find out about what's happening to Adon...ummm....not sure how well you can interact with books. Didin't really stop to consider that. Sorry, I'm being an idiot."


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1

adon is rather quiet, standing nearby.
what senses does Djalos have?


Adon Derro wrote:

adon is rather quiet, standing nearby.

what senses does Djalos have?

Not sight, that's for sure.


I don't see what you did there. XD


Male Half-Elf
Kitty Tanaka wrote:

"Well, that sounds like a fun idea for dinner conversation," she said, leaning her head on his shoulder.

Whatever she was planning to say next was drowned out in a loud chorus of insistent meeps and impatient nips at both of their ears from a veeeery hungry tiny dragon who had heard the magic word (fish) and wasn't taking no for an answer.

Michael laughs a little and gives Sapphire a little treat he'd made just for times like this(extra chewy even for metal cutting teeth) before taking Kitty by the hand and heading for the school's exit.

"I can see the flirtation teaching conversation now. You and I, sitting there five minutes in, red faced and quiet as we awkwardly eat lunch!"


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

Firebirds are native outsiders, and thus have darkvision 60', unless you negated that

Ok, so correct me if I'm wrong, but to make fire, I gotta make a firebending checking and hit the DC, right?


Female Image Firebird Image Wizard(Shadowcaster, Shadow subschool)13/Sorcerer(Shadow Bloodline)8/Shadowcraft Mage 5(gestalt)

After making her way back to her room, while listening to Umbral talk, Serrin lowers the lighting considerably. "I'm gonna guess Lumos is your opposite? Whatever you are. And what's a Champion?"

As she's talking, she 'animates' a shadow and has it begin tidying up her room. Flavorful Unseen Servant "Look, I might be a little girl, and you did scare the crap out of me, but I am no weakling or loser when it comes to shadowmancy." She hated being talked down to, or made to feel like she was lesser, which happened a lot due to her unusual talents with shadows as opposed to fire.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace shrugs at Arthur's comment "Sorry, but have we met? At least I know Melody, so I can feel a bit bad about not having food for her. However, if you desire, I can get you something to eat too." He was going to make a jerk retort, but picking up a stray thought from his girlfriend clued him to not being mean.

I honestly can't recall if Ace and Arthur have met or not.


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)

Silinrul shrugs as well "I guess there's no help for it then. Do you want me to take over watching her for awhile? Unsure if you have plans for the rest of the evening"


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
Tybalt Baneko wrote:

The cat nods and smiles, using Prestidigitation to make a small floating balloon that he sends off into the distance a few yards away.

"Magic is only as good or bad as the people that use it."

He starts making cards to throw at the balloon, trying to pop it.
1d20 The first card bends weird and flutters to the ground and drifts a few feet behind the catguy.

"Even negative energy is healing for some people."
1d20 The second gets close-ish, but curves away before it gets there.

"I know, I know, but seriously the way you look at things is one of my favorite things about you."

Quote:


"It really has been a pretty tough week, but I think things are going to start getting better soon. Maybe that's just me being an optimologist."
1d20 The third takes a curve about halfway between him and the balloon.

Common isn't his first language, so he can't always get it right. In fact, Common is his fourth language after Catfolk, Commonfolk, and Draconic.

"isn't optimologist like an eye doctor or something?"Draconic, Celestial, common

Seeing tybalt's trouble with the cards he casts a couple of quick spells hardening the next card to become as hard and as strong as stone, and granting him some small enhancement to his accuracy


Male Elf Slayer 16

He has as much awareness as Daredevil, generally. If he focuses on a single object, he gets more detail.

"That will not be a problem. The device is rather handy. It can scan books, and, in turn, transmits them to vibrations, which I have learnt to interpret. I can 'read' extremely fast. What exactly are we researching?"

So, how exactly does the library work? Since it is so massive, does it guide people automatically to the subjects that interest them?


Elektra Kalama wrote:

Elektra abandons her lightning blades in favor of a large burst of fire to clear the way to the window they entered by, and makes a dash for the window. The acid is still clinging to her skin and she continues to be burned by it.

Continuing damage: 10d6

Elektra has not made the window yet, correct? The bugs and Ghalen need to act before she can potentially get through?

(I'm trying to determine if there's anything here for Fei to roll Perception against to close the gap and get her healed before she drops...) :/


Image
Imperial Chronicler wrote:
Elektra Kalama wrote:

Elektra abandons her lightning blades in favor of a large burst of fire to clear the way to the window they entered by, and makes a dash for the window. The acid is still clinging to her skin and she continues to be burned by it.

Continuing damage: 10d6

Elektra has not made the window yet, correct? The bugs and Ghalen need to act before she can potentially get through?

(I'm trying to determine if there's anything here for Fei to roll Perception against to close the gap and get her healed before she drops...) :/

Sorry for the lack of clarity. Elektra made it to the window, but has not yet managed to exit. Yes the bugs and Galen act before she goes again. And she can't take much more acid damage. Likely to go down this round unless she rolls amazing saves.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Elektra Kalama wrote:
Sorry for the lack of clarity. Elektra made it to the window, but has not yet managed to exit. Yes the bugs and Galen act before she goes again. And she can't take much more acid damage. Likely to go down this round unless she rolls amazing saves.

I will hope that is close enough to perceive then.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 34 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 34 + 5 = 40

Evidently not. (-_-)


Skill checks don't auto fail on a 1...a 40 is insanely good.


Narrator! wrote:
Skill checks don't auto fail on a 1...a 40 is insanely good.

It's been my running tradition to always have Fei fail skill checks on a roll of '1'. It keeps things real for him.

I guess the report of gunfire inside the building was too much of a distraction ;)


Fair enough :)


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Ghalen takes a full move back to the window, and hoists Elektra through it.
"Get to the others, let them know the things are serious."


Image (doesn't have wings)
Michael Dacamara wrote:
Kitty Tanaka wrote:

"Well, that sounds like a fun idea for dinner conversation," she said, leaning her head on his shoulder.

Whatever she was planning to say next was drowned out in a loud chorus of insistent meeps and impatient nips at both of their ears from a veeeery hungry tiny dragon who had heard the magic word (fish) and wasn't taking no for an answer.

Michael laughs a little and gives Sapphire a little treat he'd made just for times like this(extra chewy even for metal cutting teeth) before taking Kitty by the hand and heading for the school's exit.

"I can see the flirtation teaching conversation now. You and I, sitting there five minutes in, red faced and quiet as we awkwardly eat lunch!"

Kitty laughed. "That sounds about right. Part of shinobi training includes learning the art of flirtation and seduction. Nee-chan excelled at that class. I always found a reason to be elsewhere. It was so embarrassing. And I don't think either of us would be comfortable learning flirtation from Nee-chan. This can only end in tears."


Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:

Firebirds are native outsiders, and thus have darkvision 60', unless you negated that

Ok, so correct me if I'm wrong, but to make fire, I gotta make a firebending checking and hit the DC, right?

Yeah, sorry about that. I forgot. Stats are not my thing, so sometimes I need reminders. So this round he would have just gotten close enough to see Ghalen and Elektra trying to escape through the window and a massive amount of robot bugs in pursuit.

And yes, that's how the firebending works.


Serrin Surya wrote:

After making her way back to her room, while listening to Umbral talk, Serrin lowers the lighting considerably. "I'm gonna guess Lumos is your opposite? Whatever you are. And what's a Champion?"

As she's talking, she 'animates' a shadow and has it begin tidying up her room. Flavorful Unseen Servant "Look, I might be a little girl, and you did scare the crap out of me, but I am no weakling or loser when it comes to shadowmancy." She hated being talked down to, or made to feel like she was lesser, which happened a lot due to her unusual talents with shadows as opposed to fire.

"Yes, I am well aware of your capabilities. That's why we're having this conversation," Umbral said impatiently. "Try to keep up. Unless your mental processes are truly that slow. Which will, admittedly, be even more of a difficulty than I was expecting. I am Darkness itself. What part of this is unclear? Mortals are so annoyingly ignorant. Look, there's mortals, then there's immortals, then there's gods, and then there's us. We used to appoint gods as Champions, but it ended badly. Lots of lingering resentment all around. So now we choose mortals to act as our agents in the Game. It's a very simple game. See who can extend their influence the most. You will be responsible for advancing the cause of Darkness, in other words, me. The other Champions refer to us as Patrons. It's an odd title, but it seems to work for them. Being a Champion comes with certain benefits. Extra powers that you will have access to. And yes, Lumos is my opposite. He has been most irrational of late. This sometimes happens."


Image
Silinrul wrote:
Silinrul shrugs as well "I guess there's no help for it then. Do you want me to take over watching her for awhile? Unsure if you have plans for the rest of the evening"

"If you wouldn't mind, that would be great. I have an errand to run that I don't want Ehos to know about. Some plans that I've been working on to get him free from the influence of that demon. Since she has access to his mind, I can't exactly maintain the element of surprise if he knows what I'm working on. His mom has been helping me track down the items I need. There's a better than average chance I think that the demon will show up during the festival tomorrow, so I need to be prepared."


Image
Djalos Tyon wrote:

He has as much awareness as Daredevil, generally. If he focuses on a single object, he gets more detail.

"That will not be a problem. The device is rather handy. It can scan books, and, in turn, transmits them to vibrations, which I have learnt to interpret. I can 'read' extremely fast. What exactly are we researching?"

So, how exactly does the library work? Since it is so massive, does it guide people automatically to the subjects that interest them?

"We're trying to find information on a certain type of outsider. We don't have a specific name, but we know that they are some kind of ancestral enemy to the fey. So we're going to have to go pretty deep into the stacks to find what are probably some pretty obscure books," Sadie said, frowning a little as she looked at Adon. He had been awfully quiet and she was worried that he was going to worry himself sick at this rate.


Image
Ghalen Kiln wrote:

Ghalen takes a full move back to the window, and hoists Elektra through it.

"Get to the others, let them know the things are serious."

Elektra scrambles out the window with help and dashes away from the building.

Lingering acid damage: 10d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 4, 5, 6, 4, 4, 4, 3, 6) = 44

She is badly injured and definitely in need of immediate medical attention, but still conscious.


Elektra Kalama wrote:
Ghalen Kiln wrote:

Ghalen takes a full move back to the window, and hoists Elektra through it.

"Get to the others, let them know the things are serious."

Elektra scrambles out the window with help and dashes away from the building.

Lingering acid damage: 10d6

She is badly injured and definitely in need of immediate medical attention, but still conscious.

The robot bugs are reassembling at an alarming rate and they turn their attention to Ghalen.

Three reflex saves, DC 37 or take acid damage
Damage 1 17d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 4, 6, 5, 1, 3, 6, 3, 4, 3, 6, 1, 5, 3, 1, 4) = 60
Damage 2 16d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 3, 2, 2, 5, 2, 2, 4, 3, 3, 1, 4, 4, 1, 1) = 44
Damage 3 15d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 5, 5, 1, 6, 4, 3, 5, 6, 5, 2, 3, 1, 4) = 61
Also, if any of the three saves are failed, Ghalen will start taking 10d6 damage a round just like Elektra did from the acid clinging to him since his armor was damaged in the previous round.


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8

Seeing how badly injured Elektra was, Scorch flies down to her, blasting her with fire.

Do I actually need to roll to hit her, or should I just roll 'damage'? Using Fire Blast to heal her


Male Half-Elf
Kitty Tanaka wrote:
Kitty laughed. "That sounds about right. Part of shinobi training includes learning the art of flirtation and seduction. Nee-chan excelled at that class. I always found a reason to be elsewhere. It was so embarrassing. And I don't think either of us would be comfortable learning flirtation from Nee-chan. This can only end in tears."

"Yeah, I can only guess. I think my dad tried to teach me how to talk to girl once, but the Mom started laughing in the next room and he left quickly."


Female Image Firebird Image Wizard(Shadowcaster, Shadow subschool)13/Sorcerer(Shadow Bloodline)8/Shadowcraft Mage 5(gestalt)

Serrin listen to everything Umbral said, thinking, and considering his words. It was a lot to take in. She was exactly religious, though she did sorta pray to some of the various powers of darkness, shadow and the night. And supposedly she was now talking to the uber big daddy of them all. Darkness itself!

"Ok, so suppose I agree, what does that actually entail? Spreading your influence is a little vague. Do you want me to go around snuffing out candles and torches?" She said the last sarcastically.


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1
Sadie Jhiwoon wrote:
Djalos Tyon wrote:

He has as much awareness as Daredevil, generally. If he focuses on a single object, he gets more detail.

"That will not be a problem. The device is rather handy. It can scan books, and, in turn, transmits them to vibrations, which I have learnt to interpret. I can 'read' extremely fast. What exactly are we researching?"

So, how exactly does the library work? Since it is so massive, does it guide people automatically to the subjects that interest them?

"We're trying to find information on a certain type of outsider. We don't have a specific name, but we know that they are some kind of ancestral enemy to the fey. So we're going to have to go pretty deep into the stacks to find what are probably some pretty obscure books," Sadie said, frowning a little as she looked at Adon. He had been awfully quiet and she was worried that he was going to worry himself sick at this rate.

aeon does seem to have something on his mind as he examines his fingers. He shakes his head, a bit more.

"Uh, yeah. Outsider."
adon doesn't seem to have anything wrong with him, according to dajalos's senses. Nothing's seemed to have changed,


Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:

Seeing how badly injured Elektra was, Scorch flies down to her, blasting her with fire.

Do I actually need to roll to hit her, or should I just roll 'damage'? Using Fire Blast to heal her

If she's conscious, she knows it's coming from you - my two coppers is she isn't going to dodge it (unless fire doesn't heal her due to her lightning-based abilities, of course)

In any case, Fei's next actions depend on the results of this, so cue the hold music (^-^)


Male Elf Slayer 16

"Another query: why are you two armed if we're just going into the library?"


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16
narrator wrote:
Elektra Kalama wrote:
Ghalen Kiln wrote:

Ghalen takes a full move back to the window, and hoists Elektra through it.

"Get to the others, let them know the things are serious."

Elektra scrambles out the window with help and dashes away from the building.

Lingering acid damage: 10d6

She is badly injured and definitely in need of immediate medical attention, but still conscious.

The robot bugs are reassembling at an alarming rate and they turn their attention to Ghalen.

Three reflex saves, DC 37 or take acid damage
Damage 1 17d6
Damage 2 16d6
Damage 3 15d6
Also, if any of the three saves are failed, Ghalen will start taking 10d6 damage a round just like Elektra did from the acid clinging to him since his armor was damaged in the previous round.

Reflex Rolls1d20 + 24 ⇒ (10) + 24 = 34

1d20 + 24 ⇒ (9) + 24 = 33
1d20 + 24 ⇒ (14) + 24 = 38


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Ghalen angrily cries out as the acid burns through the holes in his already compromised armor. With Elektra through the window, Ghalen takes his dragon form, and bathes the area in fire.
Swift to change form, standard action breath weapon; 50 ft. cone of fire 12d8 ⇒ (6, 4, 2, 8, 1, 7, 8, 1, 1, 8, 7, 2) = 55 DC 31 reflex for half. His fire aura also triggers, every thing within 5 ft. takes 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire damage, no save. Frightful presence is also DC 31, if appropriate.
Increase in CON affords him more HPs, although he is still barely on the good side of half health.


Heh, guess I should've picked black dragon for Ghalen too ;)


male human gestalt fighter 15/duelist 9, rouge 5, monk 1

"Because, I don't go anywhere without a weapon. Even if I do have some training in martial arts, weapons are much better."
adon shifts a bit in place, still having a distance to him. His mind still racing with far too many thoughts of dark things.


Male Elf Slayer 16

"Ah." Djalos pauses for a moment. "I currently have two dozen daggers, half cold iron and half silver, three different poisons, two blade boots, a hand crossbow, two punching daggers, and pouches of inhaled poison or ground substances that are anathema to certain beings on my person, as well as my primary weapons and my armor concealed beneath an illusion." Another pause. "I would appreciate it if you didn't go near me. Your aura may disrupt some delicate enchantments."


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)

Lyn, would Ehos have invited Silinrul? Given that he's not only Jai's brother, but also has expressed a desire(I *think*) of ending the war tween the elves and lycans. I know Ty is bringing Ace, Ginni and Ghalen. I don't know if Ehos ever invited Anahita or not

"Yes, sure. Go and do what you must to save your boyfriend and rid him of that demoness' influence." He looks to Morrivan "Would you be interested in helping me watch Cho? If not, I believe I can manage on my own for a few hours"

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator
"Ace" wrote:

Ace shrugs at Arthur's comment "Sorry, but have we met? At least I know Melody, so I can feel a bit bad about not having food for her. However, if you desire, I can get you something to eat too." He was going to make a jerk retort, but picking up a stray thought from his girlfriend clued him to not being mean.

I honestly can't recall if Ace and Arthur have met or not.

"it was a joke man, lighten up"!I don't remember either


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

"Sheesh, I was just trying to be nice" The roguish young man grabs some bacon Because, Avalon *better* have breakfast any time some milk and proceeds to feed Squeaky the treats.


Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:

Seeing how badly injured Elektra was, Scorch flies down to her, blasting her with fire.

Do I actually need to roll to hit her, or should I just roll 'damage'? Using Fire Blast to heal her

You can just roll damage. She's not going to try to avoid healing from an ally.

75,701 to 75,750 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1510 | 1511 | 1512 | 1513 | 1514 | 1515 | 1516 | 1517 | 1518 | 1519 | 1520 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.